Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open Playing in the darkness [Req. Toyoko]

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
1699984364593.png
Kurayami had heard that there were a few more Genin that had joined the ranks of the Shinobi Forces from the Chikamatsu Clan. Even the Overseer's adopted daughter had recently graduated, shortly after being introduced to the clan. She wondered if she had what it took to be an actual ninja or if she was just going to take the path planned for her and become a Medical Shinobi like the rest of the Chikamatsu.

Finding her way to the Arboretum, where many of the Chikamatsu spent their leisure time, Kurayami would ask around to find where Toyoko was at, after all she still hadn't had the pleasure of meeting Toyoko. After being instructed where to find the young girl, Kurayami would find her way to where Toyoko was at.

"So you must be Toyoko, I am sure life has been great since joining the clan. How come you find yourself joining us? Are you some fast tracked child prodigy the Overseer found to make us look better? Let me guess, he was your sensei and paid off your parents to adopt you after seeing your test scores? What a joke, honestly, walking around so proud of yourself like some kind of princess, you know being a Chikamatsu doesn't make you any better than anyone else right?"

Kurarami know absouletely nothing about Toyoko's situation but the way that she graduated shortly after joining the clan seemed suspicious to the young girl, and she wanted to get to the bottom of it.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko would be found sorting paperwork in a dark room towards the back of the Omni Prime Medical Facility, hunched over a filing cabinet with a pile of folders beside her. She had opted to take jobs that kept her more out of the public eye lately, since her form tended to either intimidate the people visiting the facility or draw unwanted sympathy from them. It was here that Kurarami would find her, spewing venom in her direction. For a moment, her heart would squeeze tightly at the memory of Sora treating her like that as well. Standing up to her full height of six feet, she turns around and stares down at the girl who dared speak to her like that.

"Who the hell do you think you are, coming around throwing out accusations like that? If you must know, the Overseer rescued me from an abusive household. My parents were both murdered when I was a child, and I was taken in by a neighbor who did nothing but belittle me and my dead parents, before raising a hand against me. I defended myself, and Maho came to my rescue, bringing me before the Overseer who thought to adopt me so that I wouldn't risk being sent to another home where I might suffer further. I don't think that I'm better than anyone, that was my sister Sora who you are disrespecting. For your information, she was better than everyone else, too. She sacrificed her life so that I could live. So I take each day as the blessing that it is.

Stepping out of the room, Toyoko takes a better look at Kurarami. She recognizes this girl. She was of the Chikamatsu Clan as well. But... "Oh, it's you. The failure of a shinobi that can't even properly channel her chakra to use jutsu. You must be lashing out because you're such an embarrassment to the clan that you have to try and make yourself feel better by picking on those you think are below you. Unfortunately, I am able to channel chakra like a useful shinobi. So why don't you run along and play with your rocks or something and let us capable shinobi protect the village?"

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kurayami would take a step back, her mouth gapping with shock, her face in astonishment. How dare she make such accusations! Kurayami would twist her fingers and pull a few ruby stones in between her fingers using slight of hand. Clenching her jaw as a vein pulsated in her brow she would bark back.

"Oh I remember, that's right, you're the one that died during a Genin Exam, how embarrassing that must be! You died taking the easiest test a Ninja could take HAH! And you call yourself `capable`? What a joke, honestly. No wonder you're hardly seen in public anymore."

She would point her hand at Toyoko.

"If you apologize now, I won't make you regret it."

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko stared down at Kurayami, her features slack. Did this girl really just insult her like that? As if she would have been capable of fighting that giant squid that killed Toyoko. There's no way, she couldn't even perform jutsu properly! The nerve of this girl... if they weren't inside the Omni Prime Medical Facility, she would teach Kurayami a lesson in humility. But she took a deep breath, shut the door behind her, and stepped around the other girl and started to head towards the cafeteria.

"You act as if I'm scared of you. For your information, I'm not seen in public much anymore because of my appearance. I tend to scare people, which is the opposite of what the Chikamatsu Clan are supposed to do. We are supposed to be beacons of light and healing for the village, and I am not currently able to do that. Therefore I take the more menial tasks, such as filing paperwork or working in the Asylum, where the patients are used to odd occurrences such as a giant teddy bear walking around. You should be the one apologizing for besmirching my name, not the other way around. I just spoke the truth: you are a subpar shinobi. You require those stones to be of any use to anyone, where as I can easily use medical ninjutsu to save someone's life in the spur of the moment. What can you do once you run out of materials? Oh, that's right, nothing."

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
As Toyoko walked past Kurayami the young Genin would clench her jaw again. She would turn to look at Toyoko and clenched onto the gem within her palm. "You want to test that out?" She would crush the crystal in her palm causing a spiral of dark red energy to course around her.

rin-tohsaka-magic.gif

"Secret Art: Pheonix Flower Jutsu!" The gem would splinter out and spread out towards Toyoko causing five daggers made of shadows to fly through the air. Upon impact the daggers would cause a searing sensation, which may be unexpected as this wasn't a fire jutsu, or at least it didn't appear to be a fire jutsu.

Kurayami would pull out a couple more gem, tossing them into the air before catching them with an arrogant grin on her face.
"Do you think you could take me long enough in a fight to make me run out of my gems?"

The few people in the hallways would all stammer back, it was extremely uncommon for a fight to break out in the Omni Prime Medical Facility, especially between not only two Sunan Shinobi, but between two members of the same clan.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko was walking down the hallway, away from Kurayami, when she felt something pierce her body. She clenched her jaw to keep from crying out as it felt like flames seared all across her body. Turning her head to glare over her shoulder at the other Chikamatsu girl, she would simply lift and arm and point to a nearby window. "You call yourself a member of the Chikamatsu Clan, yet you would raise your hand against someone inside the Omni Prime Medical Facility? What the hell is wrong with you? Our job is to serve and protect. If you want to do this, let's take it outside."

She would apologize to the few people in the hallway, ensuring that they were all unscathed, before marching over to a nearby door and stepping outside of the building. Toyoko started to stretch out her arms and legs, trying to limber up before giving this poor girl the beating that she deserved. Little did she know that Toyoko had a few secret weapons hidden up her sleeve, as she reached into her front pouch and sorted through the scrolls there. Which one would be best to use here? She finally landed on a scroll with a black border, pulling it out and laying it on the ground before her. A few quick handseals later, and her snake Kazue was also sitting beside her, tail raised and ready to strike.

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
"Yea, my parents are in the clan, that doesn't mean my whole personality has to be about that. Anyone that only cares about the name they carry is an idiot. The name doesn't make you great."

Following Toyoko outside the young girl would grab a few more handfuls of her gems.

"You know, if you really want to do this, that teddy bear exterior won't last long. I hope you've asked your daddy for a new toy because this one will be ash."

Tossing a handful of gems into the air they would land sporadically throughout the newly assigned battlefield.

"I hope you have a headset, because you're going to need a Medic."

Without giving Toyoko a chance to react Kurayami would go on the offensive. Kurayami would slam a gem against her chest to cause her body to become cloaked in darkness, before making a single handseal. The scattered gems would emit a darkness like light that would make the surrounding area suddenly as dark as it would be at midnight.

"Ready or not, here I come."

With the world around them pitched in darkness it would be hard for Toyoko to see what was going on, and the young Genin would use this to her advantage. Sending out some decoy Gems, the glints of light would slightly reflect in the darkness as they would shatter without ninjutsu being stored within to send fragments across her intended target's body.

Immolation Armor - D-Rank 1
Encroaching Shadows - Shadow Ninjutsu
With this technique, members of the Nara Bloodline literally call the shadows to them, gathering them on the field of battle, cloaking opponents in unnatural darkness.
Rank 1/2/3: When the user uses a Shadow Technique, the visibility of the battlefield is lowered by 1 step for 2/3/5 seconds.. Further use of Shadow Techniques increases the effect by 1 step and resets the duration. The visibility will then slowly return to normal, moving back up a step every 2 seconds. While this Technique is maintained the user receives -5% CP Cost when the Visibility is Dim, -10% when Visibility is Dark and -15% when Visibility is Pitch Black.
Shadow Tactics - Bloodline Style
The Nara have a unique affinity to shadows and shade of all types, and by simply remaining within the cover of shadows, they are able to manipulate them to assist themselves naturally, the Nara becoming stronger, so long as they remain within the cover of darkness.
Rank 1/2/3: The user gains the following bonuses dependent on the battlefield’s Visibility and the styles rank. Rank 1 the user gains bonuses at Bright and Average, Rank 2 unlocks Dim and Dark, and Rank 3 they gain access to Pitch Black.
  • [Bright] +2 accuracy
  • [Average] +1 accuracy/-5% cp cost to shadow techniques,
  • [Dim] -10% CP cost to shadow techniques.
  • [Dark] +1 accuracy/-15% cp cost to shadow techniques.
  • [Pitch Black] May convert any shadow technique into an AoE targeting up to 3 targets for -20% base damage.
Dead Eye
- The user may split the strike into 5 equal parts among different limbs.
- Has a 10% chance of success per strike that lands.
- This may only be used once every other round.
- Limbs cannot be raised above Sprained in this way.
- Still suffers the appropriate Called Shot accuracy penalties.

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko would roll her eyes as Kurayami continues to berate her, talking a big game for someone of her position. She might not know the other girl very well, but she was confident in her own skills. Watching as Kurayami scatters a handful of gems around the battlefield, Toyoko would take this to be the indicator that she should also prepare to fight. Whipping out the summoning scroll from her pouch, she quickly brought out one of her many Hito Puppets and giving a small smirk to her opponent. The puppet, Shirudoka, leapt behind her and seemed to rip the bear body open at the seams. Stepping into the hollow interior, Shirudoka settled into place, almost like it were piloting a mech suit.

"I wouldn't worry about me needing a Medic. You'll be the one begging me to help you when I'm through with you. I haven't the time nor patience to deal with impudent children, no matter what clan they come from. I'm sure that Shin will understand the need to teach you a lesson." Nodding to Kazue, Toyoko leapt back and to her left. The snake darted forward, tail glinting in the light, before the darkness that Kurayami summoned fell over the battlefield. He darted his head left and right, looking for his target, before striking out blindly in the last direction that he had seen Kurayami.

Toyoko quickly took stock of the situation, smirking to herself as she realized that her opponent was of the Nara Bloodline. Lucky for her. She quickly makes a few handsigns and sends her shadow lurching across the battlefield, attempting to catch her opponent off guard for a moment. Quickly following up with another attack, her jaw unhinges and a small spout pops out, releasing a cloud of poisonous gas directed at Kurayami. During these attacks, however, she left herself defenseless against the shards flying towards her body, cutting through her like a kunai through paper.

Kazue uses Pressure Pierce
Toyoko uses Puppet Symbiosis
Toyoko uses Shadow Possession
Toyoko uses Gas Warfare

Yotta Ryusui

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B-Rank
Kurayami would be darting through the darkness she had created when she would be struck by a puppet which caused her to roll out of the perimeter of the darkness for a brief moment. She gritted her teeth, she wasn’t expecting Toyoko to be able to have this kind of accuracy in the night.

Running back into the veil of artificial abyss she would squeeze on another gem before crushing it in her hand causing a massive burst of black flames form before her before blasting towards the large form of the toy bear.

She would grin as she expected the fight to be over, but little did she know she would be against an enemy that had already mastered the jutsu she was practicing herself. Her form would be frozen in place as toxic fumes would begin to burn her lungs.

She would begin to cringe in pain before yelling out. “Explosion Riccochet!” As she spoke a massive explosion detonated within the darkness, even searing Kurayami partially causing a massive spray of shrapnel across the two Chikamatsu children. Scatterings of crystal shards would spray across everyone in the battlefield, even Kurayami would receive a few scrapes from the massive explosion, but if things worked correctly, this meant the bind she was in could be broken and allow her to move freely, but until it proved so she would be hesitant to see what else she could do in her current situation.

Panting heavy she would speak again.
“Not bad, you fight like an actual Shinobi”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back