Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Principles of War [Private]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
”Already..?”

The first rays of early morning sun had managed to penetrate through the layers upon layers’ worth of dust that hung across the office like a makeshift curtain, these days more often than not serving as the one clear signal that his shift was about to come to an end. Shielding his eyes from the sudden influx of light, Yoshihisa was slow to rise from his chair as wasn’t particularly enthused at the prospect of wandering around aimlessly for a good portion of the next half hour: His daily routine had an air of dreaded predictability about it ever since he had taken up the mantle of captain, going through the same motions and all the while not having the desired results, thus ensuring that the cycle began anew the next day. Severely understaffed and not in the position to properly delegate because of it, the young man was at a loss on how to make the branch contribute to the war effort when most of his time was served shackled to his desk dealing with the overdue paperwork of his predecessor.

Serving as a much needed breath of fresh air after all the monotony of his usual duties, he held the note he had received from the Sennin’s office tightly clutched in his hands as he walked through the passages of the ANBU headquarters. For the duration of his stay in Konoha they had seen the minimal amount of one another, so it made for quite the unexpected turn of events, however at this point he would grateful take it no questions asked. But with the nature of the meeting being as intentionally vague as it was, he was very much aware that he wasn’t going to make promises that went against his own.

”Maki-sama?”

After his knocking on the door was not met with a response of any kind, Yoshihisa briefly pondered his options. The message had if anything been clear that they were to meet in the Sennin’s quarters, and although he couldn’t imagine himself doing what he was about to do under any other circumstances he turned the knob and made his way inside. The first thing he noticed upon entering was the fact that had he not been more familiar with the general layout of the ANBU HQ than with his own home the sheer size of the room might have been intimidating, but instead he limited himself to taking in a few key details before subsequently doubling in an apologetic bow. ”Please forgive me for barging in like this, however it appeared your summon may have been dire.” He rose to meet the Sennin face-to-face, his own stoic expression giving away little more than he felt was necessary: His turn would come eventually, all there was to it now was to gain some much needed insight on the situation at hand.

”That said, call sign Umakaki reporting in.”

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Whatever the summons was for, it was urgent and required immediate attention. Awakening from her slumber, the Santaru threw on a ANBU uniform vest and all, strapped on her sword that hung at her hip, her hair tucked into a bun to look presentable and on the way out, grabbed her mask just for security precautions. A good ANBU never left without it. Donning it, she made her way to the Headquarters nodding to the numerous guards who were on staff."I am here to see the Sennin, Maki-sama."A faceless would allow her through and she would proceed further inside making her way to his office. Soku did not know what to expect. The kunoichi had only met the man twice and last time had not been such a great encounter recalling the week he had given her and Ziren breakfast duty. Whatever it was this time, she hoped it would be on account of better terms.

There was a distant knocking sound and she observed someone walking into a room. Surely, that had to be it. She heard a voice from inside addressing Maki. That was good enough for her. Pausing a bit, Soku wondered if she should knock. Shrugging, she raised a hans and gave three slight knocks only to recieve no reply. Praying he wouldn't chastise her for being rude, the girl pushed open the door and walked inside tilting her head in deference to the Sennin."Present as requested, Maki-sama."There was one more indivdulal in the room. She had seen him around at the branch meetings but other than that did not know much about him. The female nodded towards him as a sign of greeting. She couldn't get a vibe off him. A most curious gathering of people here. She turned her attention to see what Maki had to say.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maki looks up from his mahogany desk as Yoshihisa enters, rising from his chair as the other steps into the room.

He’d decided on a “damn the doctor” mindset in regards to his outfit lately, and was once more dressed in his typical attire. It began with a black shirt, so tight as to be form fitting on his upper torso and short of sleeve. Over that was a red jacket that went from shoulder to halfway down his torso before ending abruptly where his ribs were. It had several symbols upon it which on closer look were symbols for the village of Konohagakure. Over the longer sleeves were red han kote that provided minor protection of his forearms. Under this were pants that were as black as the shirt, topped by red haidate that would provide similar protection of his thighs. He had black combat boots on, with red suneate that covered his shins. Completing the ensemble were the weapons at his side. Each appeared to be a katana, and one had a parrying ring built into the hilt. Something that was rarely seen.

The room itself was likely the largest office in the hq, and nearly as big as some barracks rooms. Book cases lined the walls, filled with books on nearly every genre. Most all of them looks as if they’d not been touched since being put in place, and indeed none had. His desk was at the far end, large enough to put a king size mattress on and far too cluttered with paperwork to do so. Between the door and his desk, a space of perhaps thirty feet, was an assortment of chairs and small tables. Most of the chairs were rather comfortable looking, and all were obviously finely made. They were set in such a way as to form rows of smei-circles around the desk without interfering with the view of anyone in another chair.

Maki turns his head as Soku also enters. He gives a nod to each, his single remaining eye closing briefly before he motions, with his single remaining arm for them to sit near the desk. His left arm and right eye appeared to be gone, confirming any rumors they may have heard. ”Please, sit. Drinks?” Maki turns and pulls on a book behind him, part of the bookcase opening to reveal a fridge within. He pulls out enough glasses and pours some whiskey into them, setting them out. Frost would nip at the fingers of any who touch them as he closes the hidden door back behind him.

”First off, Yoshihisa. I’ve been going over the reports of what has been happening in my…absence. You’ve stepped up. Greatly. And I’m happy for that because it seems my previous leadership is having issues which I cannot ignore, no matter how valid their reasons for them. To that end, I’ve called you and Soku in. Both of you have been in this branch for quite some time. You’ve proven that you want to see not only the branch, but the village prosper. So first, Yoshihisa I would like to cement your position as an ANBU captain in place by offering you leadership of one of the squads. Hyuuga Yukio will retain control over the Inquisition. I personally believe you would do well with the Assassin squad.”

His eye turns now to Soku, and as he blinks the orb shifts from dark brown to a bright blue color. ”Santaru Soku. I’ve been given paperwork for your promotion to full ANBU. Something I can agree with considering your tenure in the branch and your activity within it. I know this might seem sudden but needs require it be so. I am offering you the same status. I cannot say much now, but we will need two people soon, and I wish it to be the two of you. I believe you each have not only the drive to perform well, but the ability to interact with those of the lower ranks far more effectively than I ever could. And the intelligence to handle things properly should I ever be absent again.”

He drains his own drink and sets the glass upon the wooden desk before him. ”Well, what say you?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Seating himself on the opposite end of the desk, it wasn’t long until his habits got the better of him and Yoshihisa found he had washed down the contents of the glass without as much as a second thought. This didn’t prove to be the time in his life to address vices as he could imagine he would indulge in plenty more not to succumb to the near-constant pressure. Tearing his gaze free from the glass as he made somewhat carefree attempts to balance it on his leg, there was a short interval during which he stifled a burp all before giving Maki his undivided attention from there on out.

Remarkably little subject matter from the Sennin’s declaration came as a much of a surprise, disheartening though it was: The longstanding absence of Yuki and Manzo alike was impossible to go unnoticed for this long, and the void left behind had to be filled sooner rather than later during these crucial times. These complications had struck so deep that they were now forced to fall back on the latest addition to the ANBU, a move that under different circumstances may have reeked of desperation. But although he wasn’t intimately familiar with the kunoichi’s progress up until this point, he would be one of the last to dismiss her because of a lack of experience if she proved to be half as capable as the reports claimed. That said, he was still rather reluctant to address some issues brought up by a man many years their senior.

”First of all, I want to thank you for the level of faith you seem to have in us. However beating around the bush would serve no purpose: While it is a coveted position amongst the ranks to be in charge of the assassination division, I highly doubt I have what it takes to be leading them over say heading the diplomatic efforts, Maki-sama. Unless you are aware of something that I have yet to discover.” Quite honestly, while he had long since held the aspirations to become a captain there was always the realization that he found himself torn between the different aspects that the sub-branches represented, as all in one way or another right up his alley. This jack-of-all-trades approach over the act of committing was prone to the idea that someday a worthier assassin would come along. ”For I can only accept your proposal in good faith if you’d be willing to subject me to a rigorous training regimen: I want to shave away the imperfections until there is no doubt that I can perform my duties without fail. It may very well not be the time to be simply content with adequacy.” And just like that his track record of his demands towards authority figures grew some more, although it wasn’t solely to satisfy his own interests: If it meant that his actions would further serve the village then it was hardly unheard of to strive for a place amongst the legends.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
She took a seat as offered and watched as Maki produced what appeared to be whiskey. The Santaru shifted a little eyeing the contents of the glass. As a personal rule of hers, Soku did not drink any type of alcholic beverage, it was just a habit of hers but in this instance, she did not want to offend the Sennin so might as well see what it was like. After all, first time for everything, was there not? Nodding thankfully to her superior, the girl took a few sips hesitantly at first, her taste buds analyzing the contents of the drink. It wasn't..bad but judging from her first experience withnit, too much of it could have some very interesting results. Putting the glass down on the desk, there was still some left but she was taking it slow, despite what the others mkght think of a first-time drinker.

Now it seemed, there were more pressing matters at hand. Maki began to speak and the first bit of information starrting with Yoshihasa. Upon hearing what had been bestowed upon him, the Santau pondered for a bit.Don't know much about the guy but he seems like he has a level head on his shoulders.It was what followed that she was not ready for. Turning to face Maki, the Santaru nodded affirming the fact of her promotion."I do what I do for the sake of this village. We all do.
With this threat at our doorstep, how could I possibily turn my back?"

Words that followed made her attempt to register what had been said.Same status? Does that mean..? Will I be able toSuddenly, that whiskey was beginning to look real good to her. The female looked directly at her senior ANBU and with a serious but yet respectful tone chose her words."Sennin-sama, I echo what Yoshihasa has said here. I am grateful for what you see in us and I thank you. This news was certainly not what I was expecting but if it is for the sake of this village,I will gladly take up te mantle. I know not how much power lays within my grasp but I will utilize it for the best of the branch and for Konoha." Though still young, the Santaru had a mature approach to things and when it came down to buisness, she was all work. Soku would do the same thing even if she was not offered the position. It was not the rank that mattered but the village. The village was the centerpiece. After all, if there was no village, there could be no things such as ranks.

Now that the topic of Leaf came to her, Soku hesistated to ask one more thing wondering if it was the time for such discussions."If you allow, may I ask one thing concerning this threat on our doorstep?If the one-eyed warrior would allow her to continue, the young kunoichi would continue."Maki-sama, I know you are extremly busy concerning the impending threat and it is good to see you back and moving about after that incident, so pray forgive me for interuppting but I can not hold it back any longer."What are the ANBU to do in all this? What shall our role be should Frost decide to strike? If there is any other way we can aid you, please do tell us."She said speaking. The Santaru was determined to fight. Fight for the vilage, the branch. This was all she had as a home, a family. She didnt know what she would if that were taken. Her hand gripped the hilt of her blade tightly thinking about it as a sort of fiery confidence gleamed from her eyes, the sharingan pattern swirling rapdily.

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
At least they weren’t against the idea. Yoshihisa had a request, or rather, condition for his own spot. Something Maki could get behind since he didn’t want his captains lacking in the combat department. He was also against the Assassin squad, which meant either Yukio being reassigned to it, or Soku picking it up. He would bring that between those two later, for now Soku also accept but had a bevy of questions.

Maki refills his drink, and their own should they request, before he retakes his seat and scratches at his eyepatch. ”First things first. I agree with a training regimen, but it will not be only I and you taking part. Soku, you should join in, as should Yukio. I’m not sure where you two sit combat-wise but I know Yukio’s limits and I think the four of us could work off each other well if we give it a good effort. So I accept that condition.”

He drains his glass and sets it down, the familiar buzz loosening his tongue slightly. ”As for your questions. I’ve spoken with Takeshi about this alongside the other Sennin. We, the ANBU branch, are going to be taking the fight to Frost. First we are to infiltrate the country and determine if our assailants were indeed from some hidden village in that land. This will be a completely secret operation. Which means we carry no identification from Konoha. If one of us is caught, all knowledge of them will be denied and they will be left to whatever fate our enemies see fit for them. So we cannot be caught. If we’re being led astray, we do not want the people of Frost to believe us to be an invading force.”

Maki rises once more and moves to one of the many bookcases, pulling free a large volume and tossing it onto his desk. He flips it open and soon finds the old maps of Frost, long since outdated since no one from Konoha had been to check on the place in…..even he wasn’t sure.

”I’m not entirely sure about the other branches in this. I believe fervently that for now the Main Branch should protect Konoha and the Medical branch support each of us in some way. I am going to approach Mikasa shortly to see if she has any mednin open to training in subterfuge. We could probably use the aid. I’m also going to work with her to enact a system whereby our ANBU take some time in her branch to learn the healing arts, even if only rudimentary ones.”

He traces a finger from the southern border to a large lake in the middle of the country. ”This is where I think we’ll find some information. In the days of the old Frost war it was a hub. For now, we should focus on a few items. Who we’re assigning this to, how soon they leave, and who is going with them.”

Maki reaches up to his headset and presses the button on the side. ”Send him in.” He looks to the other two and once again sits down. ”Yukio should be here shortly. It is a fool who ignores those he trusts with authority, and I like to think I am not such. So I’ll be involving the three of you quite a bit in this. In addition, the question of how much authority you three actually have will be answered once he arrives.”

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking through the halls of the complex it seemed times were changing in the ranks of the ANBU branch with the encounter with frost behind them things would only continue to escalate from this point onward of that the Hyuuga had no doubt standing before the room before knocking entering shortly after taking a brief moment to observe those who stood inside nodding to each of them in turn. "Yukio here as requested Maki, what is it you request of me." Being straight to the point was the easiest way to get the ball rolling in that moment in time the Captains head tilting over to Kodoma and Soku in turn taking a moment of silence before speaking.

"A pleasure to see you both once more, I can hope that in the time I have been busy you have both grown in the aftermath of your experiences." The one to address here above all others would be Soku the man wondering if she had informed the Sennin of her experiences while out in the field no small piece of information was without worth given how little they know about their attackers. [color=#3299CCF]"Have you spoken of what you told me within the Hyuuga household? if not i would suggest doing so now, with all present it would be better to do so now rather than later." [/color]

Taking his place leaning against a nearby wall the Hyuuga seemed to have no interest in procrastination however there was one thing on his mind, something that should be said in the light of recent events. "It's good to see your return to form Sennin, though i had no doubt you would do so its still kind to gesture such things." With such formalities out of the way now it was simply a matter of waiting and listening, listening to what those present had to say before moving forward and figuring out the next few steps clearing the air and taking everything they could into account.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Despite his relatively calm exterior the cogs in Yoshihisa’s head had begun to turn at a most remarkable rate, in part due to the description and nature of their latest joint undertaking. If they are indeed to speak of a covert operation on the level of a black project there would without a doubt be a veritable landslide of complications to accompany it. His eyes unblinkingly took in every detail there was to obtain from the maps presented to them by Maki, as outdated information could still give one the edge when it mattered most. ”Is it safe to assume we are deploying a two-pronged strategy overall, dedicating one stage to gain insight before sending in a strike team? For that first half it may be a blessing in disguise to rely on the two junior captains: Identification or no, if the reports have been accurate the upper tier of their forces is already familiar with the old ANBU captain structure, there is no deniability in it anymore in terms of a covert mission.”

Once more it went without saying that he was more likely than not outclassed with the years of experience the Sennin had over him when it came to the art of consealing oneself, however he liked to think ‘getting caught’ was more deeply layered. The finest of shinobi could avoid no doubt avoid drawing attention, but if their face was known to the world their options were still somewhat limited. ”More to the point: It wouldn’t be so outlandish to think they will have taken the necessary countermeasures specifically designed to intercept you and Yukio-san, Maki-sama.” His tone was an inquisitive one, as if testing the waters and see whether or not he could gauge a response confirming his initial suspicions. After all, despite the efforts made it still felt unnatural to do away with the hierarchy and find an approach more suited to equals, fitting as though may be for this assignment.

Yoshihisa’s greeting was similar to Yukio’s upon the latter entering the room. And while the line directed at Soku did manage to pique his interest the meeting as a whole still had left plenty of information to digest. His attention once more rested with the maps, thoroughly double, triple and quadruple checking for whatever oddities they may reveal about the hostile territory, setting aside the existence of a hypothetical hidden village for now as there were plenty of factors that would be of equal or greater value to them. ”Also I understand that our knowledge is severely limited, but do we have any active sources available to us at this point? Any insight on the recent politics in their country and what affiliation the locals hold to know if it has thus far been the work of radicals or a fully backed invasion, things like that? And above all: Under what time window are we to operate?” He nipped at the contents of his recently refilled glass, never breaking eye contact with their Sennin as he did. In a sense it was outrageous if such vital information had actually been withheld from the branch, but as all present in the room were deemed to be fully dedicated to the village’s cause now could be the time to fess up if it had been a matter of strict secrecy.

Nanjirou Soku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Yukio, calm and collected as ever entered the room and Soku nodded towards him, a mutual symbol of respect. It was Yukio's next words that gave her a kick. Here they were discussing all about Frost and stratgeties and she had just been on a misson regarding that very matter. That piece of information could prove very useful in their oncoming battle."Forgive me for not bringing this up earlier but recently, I have encountered some of these Frost-nin. Yukio-sensei was the first to know. I should have informed you immediatly, Maki-sama."The details of that recon assignment still stucj in her head, the evil cackle of the woman, the sound of the ground cracking as the puppet slammed her down into the grassy surface. It had been a hellish experience but through it all, she had what she came for. Information. Perhaps that would give them a edge up on the current situation they were in.

"It was supposed to be a simple recon misson investigsting some bandits on the Fire Country border. It turned out to be anything but that. These so-called bandits were the Frost we speak of now. During my investigation, I happened to be discovered by one of them. A woman, clearly crazy in the head and the others addressed her by the title of Sennin. They had with them a caravan stocked full of weapons among weapons enough to supply a army. She was soon joined by another, a human puppet judging from his appearance. The kunoichi would refer to him as "Chief". It was here than after briefly exchanging blows with this "Sennin", I was set upon by her acclompice. Before blacking out, I recall them talking about how their Kage had called forth a war council of sorts."

The details of the misson were fresh in her head. She had written it all down for the sake of documentation."If you wish, Maki-sama, I prepared a detailed misson report upon my return shoukd you wish to take a glance."It was here and then Yoshihasa spoke. He had a point. Sure, the enemy knew full well about the command structure of the branch but they would not have any knowledge of any new additons thus giving them sort of a step up. She glanced at the man, curious exprrssion on her face. Whomever he was, he had a level head on his shoulder. She could see why he had been selected for the role he was being given. The Santaru glanced at her refilled whiskey glass and internally, her body was still getting used to the new taste. She decided to take another sip to adapt to this interesting beverage. It was quite good. People got addicted to this stuff? She could see why now.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back