Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

PVP - Kill Switch System

Kairyuu

Supreme Leader Bone #9513
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
One of many changes that will taking place on July 1 2020 - The Kill Switch system is going to make some changes to the PVP system on NC. A new request thread will be added in Admin Request to handle this, and it will incur an extra step in OCRs that are retires where the current status of the Kill Switch is recorded.

-----

What is the Kill Switch?

A lot of time and effort goes into creating and playing your character. Hours of brainstorming, writing, and interacting with other players. For some players, this is months or years of their lives, for others it might have only been a few weeks. Either way, your character is likely near and dear to you. So its never a good feeling with someone decides they need to die and you're not in favor of such an action.

The Kill Switch is just what it sounds like - The ability to fight other players in true PVP. By default, it will be off for every new character, and can be opted into with a simple admin request. This request can be made in Character Creation, OCR threads, or just in admin request. However, once it has been opted into for a PC, it cannot be turned back off for them, even if you OCR back into them later.

So what can I not do if Kill Switch is off?

When the Kill Switch is set to off, several actions are simply not allowed. These include:
  • Going missing from a village
  • Force entering or exiting a village
  • Catching someone who is going missing/force entering/force exiting a village
  • The Force Kill and Victim's Choice options cannot be used.
  • Cannot be Force Killed or given Victim's Choice if losing a fight.

When you turn the Kill Switch on, you can do all of the above, however you can also be killed by other players, resulting in the death of your PC. Remember - If you turn the Kill Switch on it cannot be turned back off unless you move to a new character. The existing character, if turned into an NPC, will be forced to follow all NPC rules as far as being killed goes.

Why does this system exist?

To protect people who just want to RP without worrying about the battle system. Those here to fight and like the idea of risk can turn PVP on and go at each other if they wish, but they cannot force another player into ending their own story abruptly unless the other player has already accepted that risk.

How can I tell who has the Kill Switch on or off?

Just look under their name on any post they make under their post count and you'll find text of "Kill Switch ON" or "Kill Switch OFF".

This sounds great! I can troll people and not be killed! I can blow up buildings, or crash threads, all day!

Acts of extreme hostility, such as blowing up buildings or RPing butchering innocent civilians for fun, can result the Kill Switch being turned on even if you don't want it to. If you intend to do such things, please check with your council first or they may request the Kill Switch be forced on. In addition, all the normal rules of NC still apply, so harassing people and trying to force your way into their own stories can result in an admin-level punishment if it becomes a problem.

This system is here to protect people who want to have fun, not ruin the fun of others or act like an immortal sadist without a thought to how they're going about RPing such things.

So who determines if my actions warrant the Kill Switch being turned on forcefully?

Anyone can request admin to look at the RP in question and make that determination. Only admin has the authority to enforce this.

What if a fight happens with people who do not have the Kill Switch on and people who do?

Unless everyone involved in a fight has the Kill Switch on, no one will be able to kill or be killed.

Does anyone automatically have the Kill Switch on?

The only time someone will have the Kill Switch on without having to request it is if they OCR into a Missing. Not a mercenary, but an actual Missing ninja. This is because a Missing must have gone missing from an active village and thus would have needed it on in order to do so.

How do I turn on the Kill Switch?

Simply post in the thread in Admin Request to have it enabled.

How do I turn off the Kill Switch?

Don't opt into it. Once you have turned the Kill Switch there is no way to disable it except OCRing into a new character.

Does the Kill Switch remain on even if I OCR out of and back into my PC?

Yes. It is a permanent setting on that specific character.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Killswitch rules have been added to the site rules.
Furthermore, the request thread is here: https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/kill-switch-request.63717/

There are some technical aspects still being ironed out to adding the actual text to posts, but you can go ahead and request your kill switch to be turned on (Which will allow you to kill/be killed and everything else) if you want it to be done.

Kairyuu

Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Everyone's Kill Switch should be set.
If you do not see the Kill Switch field under your rank banner, PM me.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back