Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[pvt] Hikaru - Views from above.

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S

There were still many questions that the male had, his mind was occupied with the remaining questions he had after that day. Not only had it been a few days after the mission… It was also a few days in a clan where he obviously had been night guarding. Something that just kept him up…

He would look down towards the view of the village, there always was a spot of the Hokage Rock, but that didn’t give the rest as this spot did… Then again, that would probably last till the point that someone else disturbed him here or shoo him off.

He started to lean against one of the pillars and grab a cigarette out of the pack of smokes. As he lighted it, he took a puff from one… but was met with an instant coughing experience. “How do they do this?!” He shouted a moment and crushed the pack of smokes inside his hand, those were gone now… Yet he did keep the one in his hand lit and whole… He just wanted to try since he had so many people do it, even when he grew up on the streets.
OOC said:
I am shizzle with starters, excuse on the shortness.
Private rp for Hikaru

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru strode along the path down from Hokage Rock with her bag slung over her back, repairing a pair of her combat gloves as she descended. A needle stuck out between her teeth, tied to a length of thread that ran all throughout the cloth in her hands, and she removed it periodically during her hike to bind together another set of misplaced fabric strands. The Medical Branch’s Combat Division had its fair share of combat training, unsurprisingly… soreness nagged at her legs with each step, a product of regular spars with her staff. Though she carried the title of Medical Chief, she was nowhere near as experienced as the others at her level, so during her first week she had asked those well-versed in Battlefield Medicine to show her the ropes.

The young woman reached level ground once more, pulling the last bit of thread tight and tying it off. She stowed her materials in her bag as she passed by the Hokage Mansion, when a sudden fit of coughing sounded from somewhere nearby, followed by an exasperated yell. Following the source of the noise, she saw a boy of about Academy Student age standing over a squashed pack of what looked like cigarettes- that would explain the coughing. The Mednin approached him, wondering if he was still choking on the smoke. She hadn’t seen it happen herself, but according to a handful of older textbooks she had found in her office, that would be a reasonable enough cause to take him in to the hospital. Certified Medical Shinobi aren’t allowed to just stand around or refuse emergency care to someone who needs it, she knew that well.

Hikaru greeted the boy with a concise nod, asking quickly, “Are you alright?” Her developing anatomical instinct told her that he was probably perfectly fine, but, just in case. Glancing down at the cigarettes, she gave him a neutral look colored by a slight frown. She had a few things against them, particularly now that she had treated their uglier effects on the body first-hand, but she said nothing yet, waiting for his response.

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
As he crushed the pack of smokes in his hand, he had remained the one burning. The one between his fingers to be exact. He looked towards the burning tip and started to study it a little. It was only that he blew towards it, that it seemed to glow up brighter before burning up. ' So... It works both ways... But still, the smell is still there...' It was something he was curious towards and to as why people were actually doing this kind of thing. 'So.. perhaps if it is really windy, you actually don't have that much... It would explain why everyone is always around a corner outside the wind...' The pack that he had crushed earlier he placed in one of his pockets. His gaze started to focus on the background, mainly the village down below. That was till a voice behind him woke him up from a trail of thought. His eyes went to the corner before he actually turned a little around. ' I do believe I have seen her somewhere... Or is this one of those random deja vu moments..?' It was only then that her gaze actually gave him a hint on to what she had meant. "Hmm...?" His gaze followed hers and rested on the smoke... It was only then that he hid it behind his back. "What does it look like..??" He reacted perhaps a little bit annoyed at the female in front of him. "I ain't dying this time."

OOC said:

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru folded her arms, following the cigarette with her eyes as the boy stuffed it behind his back. By her judgement, he wasn’t in any danger- he probably just tried it for the first time, if his age was anything to go by. In that case, she felt she should give him a lecture or something… he didn’t look overjoyed at her interruption, but she wanted to at least get a word in. “I hate to intrude, but you look pretty young for something addictive like that. Whether you’re allowed to or not, I don’t want to have to meet you again in the hospital!” She pointed to the Medical clip on her headband, her mouth forming a miniature scowl.

If this kid was following the negative example of the Head of the Academy, she was going to have to speak with him about it. “Where’d you pick something like this up, anyway?” Ever since she had found two students wandering around the Forest of Death, she had thought a lot about how teaching worked. Discipline was important, as much as she didn’t love it- she couldn’t always be everyone’s friend if she wanted them to learn and grow.

Hikaru built up the resolve to unleash her most powerful disciplinary technique. Sticking out an accusatory finger at the boy, she declared: “Smoking doesn’t make you cool!! All it does is give you nasty diseases. If a friend is pressuring you to do drugs, they aren’t really your friend…!” She had read that, word for word, in an old manual that had hung around the Academy from the time that her parents were students. Nothing around them moved. As the seconds passed, she felt less and less confident in her new approach… eventually, she gave in a bit, and asked, “Hey, what’s your name? I’m Miyazaki Hikaru- I work in the hospital, obviously, and I don’t want people to damage their health for no good reason. Maybe I didn’t mean the part about your friends not being your real friends…” She didn’t want to force him into any more of a corner. “You look about Academy Student age. Do your friends actually smoke...?”

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
And here it started... Getting a scolding of an adult. In his mind he would be left standing there, making a sock puppet who would imitate their speech. Because of that though he did start to have a grin and a soft snicker after her saying hospital. "Sorry, Nee-san... but you look too cute when frowning... besides, it's not even good for woman health. Heard they age quicker that way...." he would smirk and simply let his armrests again. "The smokes I got from a person on the market streets. Third alley in the back." He didn't really care that he told them where he got them, he never said the person or name. just the location he had gotten them from.

' that... is directly from a brochure.. isn't it..?' he would sigh a time loudly as she got going on that. "Yoshino Shion, Genin 15 years, used to be a regular in the Byoin for coughing up blood when I had strange marks over my body. Used to have white hair at one time with purple-ish eyes... Then after people found me in crater city you linked two medical files of me together and blah blah" He would sum it up for the other as he had taken a glance at the pin once more. "None of my friends are smoking... Just me trying this out as many people that I know do it.. I do believe your sennin does it also... The dreadlocks guy too... My headmaster does it too.." he would mutter a few that he knew about it.

He grinned as he reached out his smoke to the other. "Want to give it a try too? Tastes horrid... I cannot give you a new one, I crushed that pack..." He would show the pack that he had crushes earlier to her to show it clearly. "Like I said... None of my friends smoke, just me trying it out... Many people on the streets do it... With me growing up on the streets, seeing how many people on the higher up smoke... I had gotten curious... I know 15 is too young to legally smoke... But I didn't give a damn about it and tried it out... Better than some of them out there.. at least I am clean of the soldier pills addiction..."

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hikaru frowned quite a bit more. “I was trying to do you a favor… Besides, I’d rather die 3 years earlier from frowning than 30 years earlier from smoking the life out of my lungs.” This was quickly shaping up to be more than just a passing lecture. She didn’t normally go out of her way to campaign against cigarettes or anything, but she felt some obligation to at least try with this boy, for the sake of the handful of people permanently confined to the Byoin for stuff like that. Besides, something about harmful chemicals floating around in the air didn’t sit well with her. “I see. It had almost slipped my mind that these things were illegal as well- in my opinion, the health effects are worse, but I’ll make sure to report that to someone qualified.” She didn’t know who yet. Unfortunately, it wouldn’t be an easy job… stopping the source would be much more direct than discouraging the customers.

She listened to his introduction, feeling slightly more uncomfortable… of course he had to be almost her age, of course. From his story, he was certainly familiar with the hospital. The part about Crater City stuck out- you didn’t usually hear much about it, and the noteworthy change in appearance wasn’t exactly commonplace either. Hikaru said nothing about either, but she added to her mental profile of who this guy was. He seemed clever, if a bit of a delinquent. “I still think it’s weird that you’re going through the trouble of picking up this habit just because some people you know smoke, but ok.” A faint scowl appeared on her face, out of exasperation; she didn’t have a good answer for why the Medical Sennin burned through almost as many cigarettes as a criminal boss when he was overworked.

Hikaru stared at the offering, taken aback. She raised a eyebrow, asking, “Why would you…? Haven’t I spent this whole time telling you not to?” She looked at the boy, then down to the crushed pack on the ground, and gave a more conventional answer, “No, no thanks.” His reasoning seemed less spontaneous now, from his explanation. If she couldn’t convince him with words, she could at least try to investigate whoever was running this operation… “Well, how about we take a walk over to the third alley in the back of the market streets? This isn’t optional, Yoshino Shion- if we manage to put a stop to whoever’s selling you these, I might not have to talk to the Hokage about just how few damns you give.” Her stern, Medical-Chief-of-the-Combat-Division voice had shown a bit there. Threatening a Genin with Asuka’s name may have been a little harsh, but truthfully Hikaru couldn’t think of anyone else to speak to about something like this. There were very few scarier people in the Leaf, as she had heard. For now, she started off in the direction of the markets, motioning for Shion to follow. Who knew- maybe she’d even be able to change his mind as they went. “Lead the way.”

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
’ Favor..? What… favor..? Favor is where I benefit from.. a lecture is just a pain in the ass…’ He thought towards himself as he would place his free hand in his jacket. Shion looked towards her, where did she get the idea that he kept on going..? ’ Didn’t I say clear enough… this was trying..?’ He looked at the female funny and something else seemed to have irritated her, yet he had little idea what, where or even when. Perhaps he did know somewhere in the back of his mind…

“ oi oi… you have to be kidding me… do you really need to bring in that boss b…” and that was where he stopped his speech and scratched the back of his neck. He pushed the cigarette out on the roof and placed it inside the crushed pack and grabbed it to throw it away. “Fine… I Cannot say that they are there at this point… But You will have to keep up…” he was firm on his words, she wanted to play it that way..? She would get it that way. Jumping from the roof he would get down, just a step at the time, and threw the pack of smokes away right after.

He then would run and hop over buildings and little walls till they were at Oaks street. “ This way…” He said if she managed to keep up with him and walked towards the third alley… Where… something more mature was happening at that point, but all Shion did was wait at the corner and point Hikaru to it. “I do not think now is the best timing though..” It was a couple that probably held more secrets for others than anything.

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shion looked a bit irritated, but he complied. Hikaru watched as he threw the crushed pack to the side, nodding slightly, and followed him over the rooftops with her eyes on the alleyways below.

‘I cannot say that they are there at this point…’

“Right, I know.” Of course, people who ran illegal operations weren’t just going to hang around in place all the time. They were going there to hopefully gather information, and if the suspect themselves happened to be there, then that was perfect.

They made it to Oak Street after a short time, and Hikaru slowed her pace slightly to better see below her. “The alleys don’t seem that busy at this hour, do they?” she asked the boy, after closing the distance between them. She had little to no experience with the law enforcement of the village- that was more of a job for the Main Branch or even the ANBU, and certainly not a Medical ninja. Still, she wanted some idea of what was going on; the logic of ‘preventing an injury is better than treating one’ came to mind. That was her philosophy behind pushing Shion so hard to not smoke, and while her attempt was admittedly a bit scattered, she hoped it would at least do some good.

The Mednin descended neatly from the roof beside him, making an effort to soften her footsteps. They approached the targeted alleyway, and once her acquaintance gave a signal, she peered around the corner into the narrow space. Hikaru whipped her head back around very quickly, her face pale. That was not what she had expected to see. “No kidding…” she breathed, glancing furtively around and above them to check if there was anyone else in the alley. She took another breath- she was the Medical Chief here, and it was her job to move on from here. This specific alley would probably be forever ruined for her, though.

She spoke in a low tone, her color gradually returning, “Ok, Shion. You’ve been to Crater City, you’ve bought cigarettes in an alleyway. If you know about any other suspicious activity going on around the Oak district, I’d like to hear about it. It’s either that or you give a physical description of the guy who sold you those things.” She was acutely aware that she had nothing to back up her interrogation besides the stale threat of calling Asuka- even so, she reasoned that a Combat Medic should have some measure of experience with tactics of the Main and ANBU branches.

Shion

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She managed to keep up... till a little annoyance of the redhaired. "Sadly you are quick..." He would say and mention to the alley... but then something happened he didn't really think or saw coming. Just by looking, she got this unique fascial expression and Shion gained a big grin on his face. "Heaah-... are you telling me.. That a Medical Chief is getting flustered about a little thing in the streets?" His grin turned into a quirky little smirk and he crossed his arms as he would lean against the wall. "For real now? Pretty sure you would have been woman and men before~ This is no different~ Or does it do something else with you~" He teased this woman now purely because they were making it so much fun to do so.

"Hmm..? I deal with trouble daily... So much I don't remember anymore~!" He decided she would be pulling the small string this time, it was a fact thathe was often around the bad things and taking care of them. "The guy who sold them to me... Hmm~" He would humm and stand up regularly. "I guess around 6'1, quite a bit of weight and most rememberable thing, his birthmark is huge on the palm of the hand. Short black hair, a scar on the chin and his eyes look soul-less brown... Almost black that dark. Now are we done?" he would ask and attempt to leave.

[topic left unless stopped >D]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Still numb from surprise, Hikaru leaned against the wall herself. She glared at Shion; as if this coincidence was his fault at all. Then he began to speak, and she felt her control of the situation vanish as she stared fixedly at the ground. Her face was almost definitely bright red. Strangely, the numbness seemed to intensify- she would have expected to be more aware of her body right now, but instead… she just felt an overwhelming nothing. It was starting to concern her, but before the Mednin could think seriously about her symptoms the boy finished his sentence with a sickening suggestiveness.

KrPDhOP.jpg

Suddenly, white-hot, righteous anger burst from her forehead, from the point directly under her headband- the spot her aunt had placed the seal to contain whatever had happened back at the Amari complex dojo. She retorted naturally, almost as if the voice that came from her mouth was her own, “Be quiet.”

It was over in an instant. The numbness faded, and the echo of that assertion didn’t sound as foreign to her as it had at first. Hikaru closed her mouth and leaned off of the wall- still deliberately ignoring the alley beside them- and resolved to leave time to think about what just happened for later. Shion was still talking. She retrieved a slip of paper from her pocket cooly and began to write his description down, with a faint trace of color remaining on her face. Finally, she conceded, “Yes, you can go- I won’t keep you here any longer.” The Mednin spoke the last part with a bit of ice in her voice, but she knew she wouldn’t be able to keep him around for questioning any longer. Besides, she felt a very particular dislike within her for how… ok he was, with ‘trouble’ as he had called it.

She leapt back to the rooftops herself, a few moments after he departed, and hurried away from the alleyway towards the police station with the man’s description in-hand. Whatever had happened back there with the seal, as well as the reason she needed a seal in the first place… she had to find out what was going on.

[Topic left... you scallywag. (≖_≖ ) ]
(also just, like, imagine there's a headband on her forehead in the picture)

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back