Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Raikage Announcement - Change

Junan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A voice would come through peoples headsets, through their radios, through any form of speaker which was turned on and receiving a signal. Only the Raikage tower and someone with the authority of the Raikage had the ability to use this overriding signal, but there was no Raikage...?

The Raikage the people had elected had only days later abandoned them. Throwing their votes of confidence into the wayside, throwing the hopes that the people had for her into the wind.

A voice spoke, it was a deep voice, one whom many would recognise, but some would not. Though it would identify itself fairly shortly after it started.

“Good afternoon Kumogakure. My name is Akira Saito, I speed to you as your new Raikage.”

Some would feel shock, they had been allowed to vote for the last Raikage, why not for her replacement? Those who had voted for him likely would feel a sense of relief. Others might be dubious, questioning how it was that this had come to pass, and of those there would be those who would immediately assume the Council had decided.

The latter would have their question answered, and their assumptions shattered.

“I have taken the seat of Raikage by force.”

An unusual thing to happen, and for some there would be concern, for others simply more questions, for there was still the Village Council who ruled Kumogakure in the Raikage's stead until a Raikage could be found. That was how it had been before the public vote, with no Raikage to overthrow how was it by force that Akira took the position?

“The Council have been disbanded.”

So the Council had been taken out, they were the ones targetted. Perhaps a sense of betrayal would be felt, though there were those who had grown up on the tales of Akira Saito, and those who had seen his story come to pass. He was one of those few legends who remained living in Kumogakure, so perhaps many would cling to his doing this for the right reasons. Yet there would be others who would not see this as being the right way to do things.

“I know that there are many who will question my actions today, and rightly so. I want to reassure you all that I will pass on my evidence to the new ANBU Sennin and request for my actions to be looked into fully and they will receive my complete cooperation.”

Reassuring, certainly, but it didn't give them anything comprehensive to make decisions on, until the investigation was finished they still had him as their leader.

“At this time the Council are under suspicion of corruption, and have had multiple murder charges laid at their feet. To hold an election so soon after the last, and with every member of the council suspected of corruption would be a mistake. Yet we need to have leadership while things are decided, and that is why I have taken the position.”

There it was.

Akira was known to be the ANBU Sennin, and though not everyone would have trust in the man, the vast majority of Cloud knew who he was, knew what he was, and knew that when he said something like this that he wouldn't be lying. Even those who doubted his intentions would know that the man wasn't known for lying.

There was a faith in Akira which he had gained through his many sacrifices for the village.

It explained why he had acted, and explained why he had taken the station of Raikage for himself. Certainly not everyone would believe him, but those who doubted would be likely to believe that at the very least Akira believed what he said. He was for the most part as trusted as any shinobi could be.

“Already I have more opened the gates to travellers and I have met with the ANBU, I have give the station of ANBU Sennin to Nobuyuki. He is a long time member of ANBU, a young man who has proven himself time and again and who heads the Internal Investigation unit. If anyone can be trusted to make an honest and accurate decision on my act today it is this man.

I have met with the other Sennin of the village and will look towards rebuilding the Council with their help and have restructured the focus of the ANBU and Main branches.”

All of this in an afternoon.

He hadn't come into the position without proper contemplation it seemed.

“From this moment forward the ANBU will be solely focused on any action which involves or is likely to involve Shinobi on Shinobi combat. This means that the protection of the village internally, on our walls, and externally will come under the ANBU. The ANBU thus will not take on missions given to the village by outside sources, but will instead take on missions that the village leaders feel need to be performed.

This will allow for the Main Branch to more fully open those currently small groups who currently perform low level assassination missions to being able to take on this role more completely. I trust in our shinobi's ability to perform these acts without requiring ANBU training which has always been over the top for those missions.”

It should make sense. Those older shinobi would recognise it for what it was. Akira was simply bringing things back to the way they had been a couple of decades ago. The lines had been blurred over time as different Councils came through, misinterpreted the jobs and began handing missions to the ANBU branch, wanting them to generate wealth for the village like the Main Branch did. However the ANBU were not meant to be money generators, they would act as Main Branch shinobi when not on duty or during quiet periods, but otherwise they were there for the villages use, not the Councils.

“The results of the investigation into my acts today will be made public when they have concluded and I will not leave the village until this has been done. I will be held accountable to my actions, and will submit myself to receive punishment for any charges should the investigation find any that I have acted wrongly.”

A sobering silence. This was simply his word, only his actions would tell if he spoke the truth or not. Though Akira was a man of his actions.

“This is all I have to announce. Good day.”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back