Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Raikage Elections: Kitsune talks. [Open for all]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune walked up to the tower, a rather large sign in tow, merely one of many placed throughout the city, stating her intent for if she won the election, however this was the final sign, that’d be placed up just prior to her little impromptu event in front of the tower. Her intention was to place it somewhere near the voting booth so people would know what she was all about. However, with how things were looking, there was no way in any reality that she’d win anyways. Especially not with how certain powers above always seemed to be working against her. So either way, people would get some more information on her policies, and if they liked it, great. If not, well then they weren’t liable to vote for her anyways.
I, Baroness Shinrya Kitsune, Sennin of the Medical Branch, wish to inform the people of Kumogakure of my policies, should I be elected Raikage.

First of all, I’d work towards ensuring economic growth for our city, by stimulating the import/export businesses, as well as ensuring more clients for our shinobi services.
Secondly, I’d work to improve our foreign relations, with both countries and individual hidden villages. We’ve already established ties with both Marsh, Bear and the hidden village of Star, but surely there’d be more countries and villages out there willing to open up diplomatic relations with us.
Thirdly, I’d work hard to improve our quality of living here in our lovely city of Kumogakure by making sure everyone can get a job if they’re so inclined, and by making sure there’s enough food for everyone, and that everyone has a roof over their head.

I’ve got many other things planned, but I feel that these are the most pertinent ones. As there’s undoubtedly many questions, I’m holding an event at the Torre Celeste on Sunday, two days before the voting closes.

Today was the Sunday, and as such, Kitsune would be staying with her sign, awaiting and hoping people would show up and be interested in what she had to say.

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“So that would be the deal then would it not?” Ataeru was walking out of the Torre with what information he wanted. It was day two of his return and he needed to know who was left of his students when he had been around. The information had been…less than to be desired…but at the end of the day he could say nothing other than he was a tad bit surprised. Happily so considering this news about Shin that still lay across the grand city of Kumo…which lead him to this.

You see Ataeru had passed a large sign and while most of the normal ones were advertisements this one had lead him here on the promise of knowledge. As the previous Medical Sennin he could not help but love to go to an information session by the current one attempting to become the Raikage. Nothing ventured, nothing gained and for one of the candidates to be doing something so open to the public…well needless to say he enjoyed the surprise.

It caught him by surprise as he came out and as such now he stood outside the wall, not many lingered by him most watching with interest while they did their daily work however a crowd was slowly starting to form. Ataeru pushed his pink sunglasses down so that way he could see better and brushed his medium length hair out of his face. The difference between everyone else and him was that he had nothing better to do at the moment and curiosity was key within these matters.

He wondered how formal this meeting would be and if she would be dealing with people individually or if there was going to be a general speech first once a crowd really collected. Only time would tell for the thirty-two year old shinobi.

[Topic Entered]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune looked at the gathering crowd and smiled. ”If there’s any questions rummaging around in your minds, speak up, and I’ll answer them to the best of my ability.” she said to them all. A few people asked some basic questions like “What’ll you do for the refugees from Mist?” and “How will you lower the mortality rate for shinobi of the village?”. All valid questions, sure. Kitsune answered them to the best of her ability, mentioning that the refugees of Mist shouldn’t be seen as such anymore, but should be seen as fellow Kumogakurians, and that if elected, she’d enact a program allowing them to gain citizenship.

On the subject of the mortality rate, she answered it with increasing the number of classes needed to be eligible for geninhood as a good way to make sure that students got the proper training. Another solution would be to give students an internship in each branch, allowing them to see what shinobi life was about.
Then she spotted a man with multi-colored hair, standing in the crowd, and she walked over to him. ”How about you, good sir? Do you have any questions you’d like answered today?” she asked him, smiling warmly, extending her hand to shake his. Sure she was a noble, but she didn’t expect anyone to kiss her hand or flatter her just to get into her good books.

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ahh…so this would be a less formal talking point done by the people who have gathered to see her, Ataeru was glad for such an open forum to be done during the time of the election. Honestly it was a smart move for the Raikage to be approachable especially for those who were still morning the loss of Shin. He being of course, if ever there was a man who could be walked up to and spoken to, it was Shin-sama. Once again Ataeru felt a little bit annoyed by the fact that he seemed cut down when peace had been such a beautiful thing for the last long while.

Itonami was interested in what others thought were interesting talking points. One asking about the amount of Mist refugees and another about shinobi mortality rates. Well one of which was a good question. Honestly, there was only so much we could do in the Academy as teachers before we simply had to let them go be big kids and we expected maturity out of them at a much faster rate. Chunnin if he was not mistaken was when a shinobi was really capable of a solo carrier and even then they really tried to hold them off till Jounin. To be blunt, there was already an extreme mentoring system in check and if that did not work then the weak were simply getting creamed out or the good were being put in bad situation by some form a blundering.

The Raikage making things harder would not fix that issue so much as the world would need to change the way Shinobi were used. He sighed at the fact that so few really understood this crazy messed up world they lived in. Very few of the base citizens would like adding the Mist refugees however despite that adding them would be the more humane choice. Picking a side gets you followers and haters and not doing anything would do the same. In other words that topic is a trap and would never help your case politically to answer.

Introspection and analysis garnered him little time to noticed the fact that the woman had walked directly in front of him. A quick shock of panic shot through him but his face remained blank. He pushed down his pink sun glasses and stood up a bit more straight. Sliding his pen into the railing of the small notebook he wrote down notes he held them in his left hand. She smiled at him and extended her hand…was she addressing him by the fact that he was clearly a shinobi? It had been a good five or six years since he had last been in the village…did she recognize him? He took her hand bowing slightly and lowering his head in respect but did not make an attempt to kiss her hand. The Itonami family was not nobility but vastly larger in the economic market. As such ascended middle class still did not carry the weight and blue bloodedness of those who were nobility to start. Not that many still clung to the old ways but Ataeru would respect it nonetheless.

He released her hand and returned her smile. “For myself I would ask more along the lines of the Medical branch. I am more curious about the fact of if it would be truly wise to run for office when there seems to be a decline in the overall number of prominent Medical Staff. Losing one of the larger Medics to move onto a more impactful job is important but would the directed loss in focus on the Medical branch cause more harm to the system then good?”

If his desire was to state that he understood the inner workings of the Medical field then he succeeded. Keeping a low profile was never really something he did…

“Secondarily one would be included to wonder if Saito also shares this concern with the Anbu staff. Aside from that Shin calling in his last testimony that he desired an election and not the power of the council to produce a new Kage what is your opinion about this form of election? Considering now that it is based more upon popular favor over a crucial look at skills will this in turn be good for the state overall or might this have been an Ill final farewell from our beloved Shin-sama?”

She would need to say it is a good thing or else it hurts her election which was fine. There are answers you must give in the face of people. She had asked him if he had questions but the truth of the the matter was Ataeru would always have a thousand questions and getting to other people would be no easy feat with him being grabbed first.

“Lastly for this barrage I also would like to wonder about how an election would affect the governing body of the village. Normally council evaluation would not have the overly public battling between the heads of the branches. Will this put a damper on the relationships of the heads, aka the Medical, Main, and Anbu Sennin since total ability is not necessarily being measured?”

There was once again an easier question but if one could fight through the muck of that it was more so asking if this was a bloody political election or not. Years of trust and exercise could be shattered if one stepped on another foot during a personal election like this. Ataeru was more so curious about the treatment and the turbulence of this internal war.

The Ex-Medical Sennin tilted his head to the side and gave her an apologetic smile. He could have asked something simple but that simply was not how he rolled.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune smirked a bit at Ataeru’s first question before she answered it “Funny you should mention it, actually. I’ve got a plan of my own in the event that I get elected Raikage. I’m not revealing it here, but rest assured that the Medical Branch will be handled with care. I didn’t spend over 40 years of my life in it, only to see it run into the ground upon transcending it.” she said with a smile. Then came the second question, which was an obvious trick question.

“While this question is a trick question, it’s also a valid one. Hayata-sama did much good for the village, and as such I believe that his final wish deserves to be respected. Clearly the council thought the same, as otherwise we wouldn’t be having this election. That being said I do have concerns regarding how the voting is being done. Giving each person two votes, yet limiting them to only being able to put one vote on a candidate… We aren’t picking a place to eat here, we’re electing a leader.” she said, referring to a theorem in which vegetarians and non-vegetarians go out for dinner, and due to there being more vegetarians, they end up going to an all vegan place, rather than somewhere that has both meat and vegan dishes, unless they had the dual voting system.

Then came the last question “As with all political decisions there are pros and cons. On the pro side in this case is the fact that the people of the village gets to pick their new leader. On the con side is the fact that inter-branch relations could seriously be damaged by all this election-business. So while one candidate might be more suited for the job than another, that might not necessarily matter to the individuals voting.” she said, taking a short pause “I decided to arrange this impromptu meeting, so the people could get to know at least one of the candidates, and get to ask all the questions they wanted. Of course, as with all political meetings right before an election, the main goal is to gain more votes. But that’s not everything. I want people to know me. To know who I am, what I stand for.”

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ataeru could not help but wonder why she said funny you should mention it mainly due to the fact that he figured that this Kitsune did not know him. He honestly had longer hair but his hair was also multi-colored which how many people in the village had that? Secondly Ataeru face gave a little bit of a surprised expression which he put away only with extreme effort and not much grace. Forty year!? Wow either she aged terribly well or she has some medic’s that Ataeru wanted to know about. The Dark Sage could not help but feel his hunger rising as Medical knowledge that he did not know about might be so close he resisted the urge to immediately ask about her age and abilities and coughed into his hand in between the answering of questions only hoping that it would pass over as the shock of how well she looked.

Ataeru nodded to this, clearly she was unhappy with the way Council had interpreted the wish of Shin-sama. Her openly admitting it was a trap got the crowd confused and made him think that this was slowly leaving a forum setting into more of just two people talking. This was not a battle yet for some reason he felt like the crowd might be taking that way almost seeing this as entertainment. Though to be fair he was fighting for knowledge. Nothing more direct than that.

Wow…so she was incredibly open to everyone about simply wanting their votes. She sugar coated it but just outright said it. It was a bold move and Ataeru was not sure if it would pay off. He finished writing notes in his little notebook and looked up. “Well that was quite informative, I appreciate the openness with your answers though you really ought to give someone else a chance to ask some things.” This was not a debate or a conversation it was sadly a very one sided conversation but to each their own. He may ask something else if it was not addressed by the general population.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After answering a few more questions, Kitsune’s headset went off. Apparently she was needed back at the hospital, so she wrapped her little meet ‘n greet up, and dashed off with apologies to those that had shown up ”A sennin’s job is never over, I’m afraid.” she said, apologizing. Whatever needed her attention had better be important.

[Topic Left]

Santaru Arisu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Did he miss that job? Ataeru watched as a call on the headset pulled Kitsune away from her meet and greet almost as quick as it had started. Ataeru put his notepad and pen away figuring that no new information would be gotten. He watched the crowds as they slowly moved away and eventually he was left to himself. There were benefits to the job mind you but for him he felt as if he had exhausted all of his real desires in that field. Almost all of his Kinjutsu research was finished; he should consider publishing a book about it.

Maybe that is what he should do with his life of medical practice. Why not write a book on everything you have learned? He had never really thought about actually publishing anything. He had always went out of his way to gain knowledge but he had no students…What was his goal in life. Looking at the age of a thirty-five year old man with now students, no titles, no family around he almost felt like his pursuit of knowledge was all he needed.

Perhaps this Dark Sage has missed something. Ataeru rubbed his chin and thought about his mid-life goals. He could continue to be a shinobi but for what cause? Right now he wanted to help with the void that was Shin’s death but eventually the village would settle again and then what?

As he walked down the street he passed a puddle looking at himself. Weird…to have thoughts such as these now…he left still unsure of himself.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back