Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Rebirth] Kou -> Yamato Harokai

Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Old Character Name: Kou
Old Village/Missing: Missing/Mercenary
OCR Type: Rebirth through Inactivity
Last Known Where-abouts: Cloud, The Seki District
Old IC Rank: Jounin? (N/A)

New Character Name: Yamato "Kai" Harokai
Preferred Username: Kai
New Village/Missing: Stone
New BL/CA: Tsuchimikado
Custom Class:
Custom Class said:
Code:
[u]The Grand Purifier[/u]
[b]HP:[/b] (62+lvl) x stamina
[b]CP:[/b] (38+lvl) x chakra control
Class Bonus: Kinjutsu Option (Tsukomogami) and +10% Metal Damage
[i]High:[/i] Ninjutsu Accuracy
[i]Average:[/i] Genjutsu Difficulty, Melee Accuracy, Evasion and Genjutsu Save
[i]Low:[/i] Ranged Accuracy and Puppet Accuracy
Main Branch/ANBU/Med-Nin: Med-Nin
IC Rank: Jounin

Character Age: 22
Sex: Male
Character's Physical Description:
Lq1aMmh.jpg

Possessing an average build, Kai prefers to sport a more traditional clothing of his time, he wears a white haori with four black square buttons on the shoulders and a golden lace below the shoulder and around the arm. He wears a black hakama with white tabi and brown slippers. His clothing is quite common, showing his elegant yet simple style.
Character's Mental Description:
Despite his strict background, he still knows how to have fun with his people and can be hard-headed in certain times. He likes to teach those younger than him and is more than happy to accept strangers under his tutelage provided they only have good intentions. During missions, he becomes stricter and much more serious, seeing life as a precious gift that can be taken at any second with the slightest misstep and he's willing to scold or restrain his allies provided that it will save their lives. More so, Kai is known to lethargic for intentional reasons, mainly sleeping in odd scenarios just because "he needs it."
Multiple Personality Application: N/A
Character History and Kinjutsu Application:
[spoilername="History"]Born into the Yamato Clan, an ancient bloodline tasked with the safekeeping of several relics and weapons that were once forgotten in the world. Mainly composed of purifiers and priestess, both elders and children were already given a title as to bind them to their fate. The moment a child is capable of speaking and moving, they are immediately thought how to control their own chakra and learn chants for exorcising the evil while their parents are tasked with teaching their own kids how to live like an ordinary child but there are some who refused to do so, turning their family time into a class for the child in hopes of making them excel in the upcoming trials they'll have to face. Kai was no exception, ever since his mother bought him to the world, he was forcefully trained by his father and thought to their clan's teachings but luckily, his mother would pay back the time lost from his father with a mother's love, caring him and teaching him things outside the clan's agenda despite his father's disagreement. One of those things were medical knowledge and first aid, a vital role that would help him in the future.

By the age of ten, the children are then tasked of manifesting the five elements, even as such a young age - they knew that they are only capable of holding a few elements due to their alignment. Kai was given a talisman to show their affinity and as he placed it within his fingers and started chanting, it talisman glowed green - the element of Earth. His elders were not pleased as it did not showed any signs of any other elements like others whose talisman glowed orange or purple. Like the elders, he also saw the disdain from his father's face but the gentle smile from his mother. Despite all odds, his elders did not forsaken him and encouraged him to improve quickly otherwise he'll fail. Fail on what? They did not continued.

Kai continued to train despite his shortcomings, unlike the others of his generation who showed two or even three attributes, he wanted to show that even a single element will be equal in terms of power and it did. On the second review with his elders, not only did he pulled pebbles and rocks from the ground but minerals akin to steel were gathered around him. It shined brilliantly with the sun's light as they hover around him. The elders were pleased but his father's face showed otherwise, doubt.

It seemed his first trial was a success but two more remained and will determine his fate. As for the second trial, they were tasked to choosing a weapon from a selected few and mastering it. There were many oddities within the given choices such as hammer with a blade on the edge, a bow without arrows, even a puppet that has holes in it but there were also ordinary ones such as blades and shurikens. For Kai, he picked up a katana for his choice but little did he knew that this would bound him to an even much greater burden that he would ever hoped for. Each day he would train with his katana, steel that reflected the sun and an edge sharp enough to cut a boulder. Watched and tutored by his father as he himself choose the katana as he was young, his training progressively grew harder with each passing day. Starting to from mere practice against straw dolls, to cutting down bamboo to the point where he was brutally beaten by his own father during each sparring session. Despite the harsh regiment from his father, he was recognized as a skilled practitioner of the katana by his elders and had him prepared for the final trial.

When he turned eighteen, Kai was now in his final trial. The re-sealing of the demon artifacts. Each and every priestess and purifier in their clan has taken this task and only a few has passed but despite everything they have trained for, regardless of success or failure, the chances of dying was still the same as stories of their own clansmen sealing these demons away but in the process, dying along with it. Those who have failed but luckily lived were stripped off their title and are tasked to teach the next generation from their failure, while their fate seemed good - they were also forbidden to use everything they have learned from their clan's teachings, leaving them with the pride of their weaponry when they were young as well as the affinity of elements they have discovered. But to those who have passed the trial and lived - they were revered as great purifiers and priestess, tasked with leading their clan to the next generation.

This time, Kai was tasked to re-seal one of the most dangerous artifacts that the Yamato Clan held. The Akuhei Kamen, also known as the katana without a scabbard or the demon without a home. The elders led Kai and his parents into the deepest part of the Yamato Estate, passing through ornate marbles with golden decorations but none has interested him as the dream-like scenery slowly turned into a dreadful picture - from glistening marble floors that would soon turn to wood, slowly progressing to mere stones that would look like a path inside the cave. Only the lit candle holders that hung on the side of the craggy walls served as their guide. What felt like years of walking finally ended when they entered a round stone chamber. The elders directed Kai to continue while they remain outside the chamber.

As Kai continued on, the first thing his vision took notice were the set of ropes hanging above, connected to the pretty much every part of the chamber itself. From the floors, the walls and even the rocky ceiling. He squinted his eyes as he tried to get a better look at them when he noticed they weren't ropes, they were talismans used by his clan, linked together to form a rope and despite the number of them, they all lead to one part of the chamber. In the middle of the chamber was the katana that he was tasked to re-seal, hanging by the rope-like talismans.

With each step he takes, he felt a demonic presence growing stronger as he gets closer - feeling determined, he held the hilt of katana, ready to face his trial when the harsh reality struck him. While his eyes were stuck on the weapon, he failed to realize what else was around him. Tripping over and falling into the stone floor, he saw the bodies of his own generation who also picked the katana as their choice when they were young. Some were barely breathing while some did not moved an inch. Those stories weren't mere tales to scare them, it was the truth and those who ignored the warning were left to die in this trial. Trying to regain his composure, he grabbed his katana and drew it out from the scabbard and with his katana ready with his right hand, he took out a talisman with his left hand.

"I'm ready." He whispered to himself as the talisman started to glow, illuminating the space around him but even as the weapon was sealed, he felt its presence stronger than ever - pushing back the light beneath his feet. He felt a terrible headache as he saw the shadows around him slowly devour the light he created, slowly crawling towards him with the intention of devouring him. "Release!" He threw the talisman into the air, just to level the bound katana as the talismans surrounding it started to decay, revealing the gleaming katana. His eyes focused on the weapon, almost mesmerized by the fine craftsmanship only to meet with the demon itself.

As the katana slowly descended to the ground, the unnatural shadows surrounding him shifted away from him, gathering beneath the katana as it formed a pool of pitch black darkness, like a pit where not even the light can penetrate it. Kai prepared his katana, shifting into a defensive stance as to face the unknown. There, a figure of a man rose from the pool, grabbing the hilt of the katana. He couldn't see any features of it as if the man itself was a living shadow but regardless, he could strongly feel its intense bloodlust coming from it.

"Do you wish for death or to live?"

A voice rung to his head, the figure stood there like a statue yet he knew he was already in grave danger.

"Do you wish to live or die?"

The voice continued, almost angelic but what stood before him was a demon that has slain countless members of his clan and nothing but the stone cold caverns.

"You can't seem to decide just yet. Let me help you."

As the last word passed through his ear, the figure lunged at him with the katana. Those words lingered in his head, almost dazing him but the flash of steel interrupted him and returned his focus. He raised his hand, blocking the attack. The force of impact wasn't as strong as he expected yet his hands were shaking, his blade slowly creating a rattling noise as it remained in contact with the katana. "Right now, I need your answer." The voice continued. Seeing the figure in nearly point-blank range, it was if he was looking towards a void with nothing within it. Just darkness, cold and empty. "Last chance, forget everything you have learned up until now. You're basically a sheep in line for the slaughterhouse sent by your own parents."

"No..." Kai shouted, his hands slowly stopped shaking as he tightened his grip.

"Join me, we will end this useless killings that your clan has started."

"No..."

"Such a sad answer... and I almost liked you." The angelic voiced answered. Kai felt his balance breaking, the weight of the katana started to get heavier. Then what was his weapon soon turned into a picture of despair, a crack started to appear along the edges of his blade. "Just like them before you, you will fail." The voice added as the sound of glass breaking echoed throughout the cavern, Kai could only watch stare into the darkness - oblivious to the shattered remains of his katana and the cold steel embedded in his shoulder.

"No... the one whose going to join me... IS YOU!" Kai barked into the air, jumping back and letting the steel of the katana slide through his shoulder. A sharp wincing pain echoed through his body, nearly causing him to stumble. The figure did not held back, it moved with unbelievable speed that he could match but he wouldn't give up just yet. Drawing a talisman, he started to chant, a momentary glimmer of light surrounded him. His watched the figure run towards him, the sound of steel whistling towards him as the figure swung the katana like an axe. In a blink of an eye, the katana stopped mere inches from his face - a barrier stopped the blow, but he wasn't done yet. He took out three talismans from his robe,
flinging them up into the air. The figure wasn't fazed by his action at all. The figure winded the katana once more, ready to strike.

"Guess I was right." Kai whispered to himself, taking out one more talisman before laying it down into the ground. The figure froze, the three talismans from before has found itself attached to the figure.

"This can't be! These stupid papers are worthless!"

The voice rung to him, his vision slowly fading. Dropping to his knees, Kai reached out to his chest, taking out his finger and swiping some of his own blood oozing from his open wound. He could feel his body getting cold - perhaps it was being the cavern for too long? or perhaps he was close to dying. Despite the questions running through his head, he was certain that he had to pass his final trial. Reaching out towards the talisman on the ground, he painted it with his own blood before passing out.

He opened his eyes, watching his body drifting calmly in the darkness. Is this what it feels like to be dead?" He thought to himself. "No, you're not dead. Just unconscious from lost of blood." A voice echoed throughout the space, almost sarcastically if one were to consider it. "I'm quite glad that you ended this era of stupid teenage sacrifices, I was really getting sick of it." The voice added followed by a hearty laugh. "Regardless, I'll be looking forward for our future together. Don't die." He ended as a figure slowly appeared from the darkness, outlined by a faint red light. It extended its hand towards him who did the same, grabbing his hand when a flash of light blinded him, finding himself lying down in bed. His vision was still fuzzy but as he regained his sight, he saw his mother who has fallen asleep on the side of his bed with what looks like watermarks on the sheet. She cried herself to sleep. His father on the other hand stood at the end of his bed, a smile on his face - the first time he ever saw his father with a smile.

"Congratulations..." His father calmly greeted him, his smile slowly disappearing. "Right now, the elders are quite in a stir. Facing a problem that none of our previous generation has faced." His father added, pointing towards Kai's chest. Kai slowly unrolled the blanket and to his surprise and confusion, he saw the Akuhei Kamen within his arms, cradling it like a baby. In his shock, he struggled to throw it away when his father approached him, grabbing him by his shoulder which sent a shock of pain to his body, momentarily stunning him. "That artifact belongs to you now. Take good care of it." His father spoke as he released his grip before walking out the door. Kai looked down, seeing the Akuhei Kamen neatly wrapped in blank talismans with a single crimson talisman wrapped around the base of the blade.

That dream he had, it wasn't mere dream - it was all too real. He could remember talking with a stranger for ages but could only recall the few moments within it. He was estranged by the fact he was now wielding a weapon that almost killed him but now, he felt he had found a valuable ally. He couldn't really explain it, its like meeting someone for the first time and you already know you'll be good friends. That's what it feels like. Regardless of the events, his body still ached of the pain. He laid back to his bed, his eyelids heavy. He drifted back to sleep.

"Welcome back, my friend."[/spoilername]
Clan Request: N/A

Death/Retirement Thread: N/A
Old Profile: https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=486&t=44284
Old Training: https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=487&t=45728
Old Dojo: http://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=488&t=44309

Special Usergroups: N/A.

Old Stats: 3,600
Old OOC Rank: S-Rank
Stat Cut: N/A
New Stats: 3,600
New OOC Rank: S-Rank

Justu Mastery Swaps:
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
(M) denotes that the Jutsu has been Mastered
[col3][legend="• N I N J U T S U S •"]

[/legend][/col3]

Swapping the following:

Also with my ASP Points as per here (88 Points), I would like to master the following jutsus:

• Name of any Contract you currently own:-N/A
    Still actively roleplaying in any other threads? No

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
I unfortunately can't get access to your old profile, training and Dojo. I will ask an admin to look over a few things so this might take a little longer then usual.

Everything beyond Jutsu, as long as your okay with above rank, is approved.

Old/New
D Rank: 1 / 0
C Rank: 2 / 4
B Rank: 12 / 10
A Rank: 12 / 13

Okay so discrepancies! Your off by 2800 yen, and 3 ASP for your replacement jutsu. And you have enough so we are good their.

You can also buy the jutsu you listed to be mastered if needed, then I can approve those. All else, besides the increased costs and the masteries part, jutsu section approved.

So total of exchanged jutsu is 247700 and you get, 25% back. 61925 Ryo

Okay so I just need to have an admin check a few things. Are you claiming no contracts, seals or ASP bought items?

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Okay had admin check, and all is well. Just have to make sure all else is good on your end, then have one other check this and we are set.

Kai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I have sold my remaining jutsus, awaiting for the following:
- Complete Refund.
- Name Change
- Stone Access
- Stone Love.

Ii Hissori

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Character name: Approved
Rank: Disapproved. You can't be a Mednin and Jouin. You want to be a Medic?? Or a Medical Chief (Note Medical Chief is highly regarded and will need a good roleplay approved by council/sennin)
Appreance: Approved.
Personality: Approved.
History: Didn't read over.
Bloodline: Didn't read over.
Kinjustu: Taken and will be reviewed. (Will approve the two top when I review it.)
Justu Swaps: Approved/Done.

E-rank: 0
D-rank: 1x1200x.25=300
C-rank: 2x3250x.25=1625
B-rank: 11x7500x.25=20625
A-rank: 12x 12500x.25= 37500

Total Refund: 60050

Yaku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So all approved. Have to apply for name change/banner/lose missing-nin group via a admin. https://www.ninpocho.com/viewforum.php?f=416

Unless admin gets here before.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back