Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reconciliation (Private - Yuii)

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sunuke I don’t why you led me here to Tea Country, but I don’t think there is much going on here right no- The Nanjirou had been dismissive of what was going on in the country. He had been recruited to be the backup to the mercenaries that the Tea Country had hired to fight for them. He had really not thought much of the event, thinking it would just be a small little party, maybe just an underground fight somewhere in Kurosawa… but this… this was different.

His dark eyes widened at the amount of people had arrived in the city. Toy armaments, and foam hands were on every street corner, and weird foods were in stalls as the Nanjirou passed through the roads that ended up leading him all over the place. There was so much chaos in the busy period that was midday that he was just as lost as he was when he walked in. The signage was all blocked by people who were also just in the grid lock. Even if he maxxed out his dodge, and tried to slip through all the crowds he wouldn’t actually get much further. This was mostly because he was still hopelessly lost between all the stores and stalls.

He managed to duck into one of the larger areas, where luckily the people were able to disperse safely. He was able to then catch his breath, which was about 4 or minutes away from where he was right now. He wasn’t used to having so many people around him, and it felt strange to have people brush past him and NOT try to steal something from him.

Sunuke, his spirit, had been floating above him instead of his usual walking next to him. It was strange to watch him float, but it made sense. Who would want to go through the bodies of people? Phantasming through skin and bones, organ and all. And the feeling the other person would get… that idea of them getting shivers down their spines as he walked past didn’t seem like a good idea. Though on the off hand… it was a good way to make people more afraid of him.

As his ghost kept afloat above him, the Missing-nin would take in the scenery around him. It had been way too long since he had left a village and found his way somewhere else. The years hiding in Kumogakure had not blessed him. He looked more pale, and maybe a little thinner. After all he wasn’t really getting much nutrition when he was sort of fearing for his life. Though he had heard the Leaf shinobi had gone… what had they told Cloud about him was a mystery. After all, he hadn’t seen the bingo book.

The Nanjirou would stand there and gather his bearings. Standing still in a moment of silence to gather his thoughts while he tried to get used to being in another settlement… Plus trying to find accommodation was going to be expensive.

Gonna have to find a temp job while here, he thought to himself as he sighed softly and looked up to his ghost friend.

”Shame we didn’t get to enter ourselves. Maybe someone will have an unfortunate accident, right Sunuke?”

MFT 544 words

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii had been shopping. It was such a silly way to pass time, and such a cliche too but one could forgive her for spending a little time absorbing the wonders of tea. Their country was so unlike her own, from clothing to food, religion to culture and right down to the children's toys offered on sale. Even the small talk was different. Old women told her the strangest unsolicited advice for her little Umeko who placidly clung to her side. Like the need to buy goat because the milk would make her beautiful, or to rub the oil from coconuts, which Yuii was beginning to understand was a staple in the hot lands, in her beautiful black hair to make it shine. And of course, there was a tea for everything. Add chamomile to her evening milk to help her sleep, add green to keep her skin clear, put old tea leaves on her gums to help with teething, put fresh leaves on her cuts to avoid scars- it was endless and because she was new to the country, quite charming. She'd even compared Kumo's old advice of giving teething babes dried meat to chew and putting World Spine sheep wool socks soaked in mint on a fussy baby's feet.

She'd just finished purchasing a few new, lighter outfits to help combat the heat that plagued her- gauzy, light fabric shirts in colours in bright, vibrant blues and greys with intricate greens and yellows, and a short dress in a particular yellow that Kaji called attractive on her- when she saw a familiar ghost floating well above the throng of people that crowded the streets of Kurosawa. Her breath had caught, excitement had bubbled in her chest, and there was no stopping the Kunoichi as she ran for the ghost, and more importantly, the man who was certain to be nearby.

Perhaps the hair on the back of his neck would stand up. or Sunuke would feel a change in the air. Maybe his ghost, by the same name, would see the streak of familiar blue and warn him. Regardless, there would be no avoiding collision with Kagetsu Yuii; he didn't stand a chance. All that kept him safe from being tackled and wrestled to the ground- a repeat of their last meeting at Kumogakure's gates so long ago- was little Umeko. Instead, she went for a clothesline hug, one that would feel like a headlock if he tried to escape.

"You vanished on me! The most amazing, terrifying, life-changing things happened and you were gone!" she wailed out without so much as a hello, "And I was worried, you know!? I thought something horrible had happened, I sent out shinobi to find you, but nothing! Registered to fight in the arena then nothing else! I thought someone had cut you up for parts! I thought you'd finally gotten in too much trouble! I started to think they'd pull your body out of a cave or river! I thought Umeko would never get to meet her uncle, and I'd never get to tell you about everything that had happened!!" "I was so worried about you, do you understand that Sunuke!? Do you know what I do to people who make me worry!!??"

By now, all the shouting was beginning to draw attention, and Yuii realised that unline in Cloud, a guard would likely be upon them if she continued. There was yelling at your adoptive brother, and then there was explaining to your husband why he was posting bail.

"You! Come with me, right now! We're having a cup of tea and you're telling me where you've been!" She demanded, pointing to a nearby tea-shop, one of many which seemed to be on every other corner, "There! Let's go!"

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The ghost floated as a sentry above the Nanjirou, who was already pooped from all the people hustling and bustling around him. Sunuke, the human, was already feeling like coming to this country to watch the tournament was already a bad idea, despite being considered to be the back up mercenary just in case one of the others somehow got injured and dropped out. Instead of being tired from fighting one person, he was instead fighting multiple people to get through a single street. But at least he was safe.

That is until his ancestral spirit managed to spot a familiar blue haired woman darting towards them through the crowd. Nothing looked like she was going to stop, and her excited face looked sort of frustrated. Better warn the Nanjirou.

As the spirit tried to point out the fact his sister was on collision course for Sunuke, the Nanjirou began to dismiss it. All the pointing was meaningless to him.

”Yes there are a lot of people, Sunuke,” he remarked, waving a hand in ignorance to the fact Yuii was less than 100 feet away. ”I can see there’s the arena over that way. If we get into it then we’ll make sure we win and have enough prize money to last a lifetime or three, okay?” Tired Soonie was really not interested in dealing with his spirit flaunting his super cool floating powers.

It wasn’t until the familiar feeling of someone who he had known for a long time sparked down his neck caused him to turn around to see a surprised Yuii, holding some child she must have been babysitting. Either way she had decided to try and deck him, throwing her head into his body as if she was trying to ruby tackle him. The Nanjirou, as flimsy as he was, was taken back a couple steps before resistance finally caught up and pushed against her a little. He wasn’t sure whether to hug, to pat, or what. He decided to just rub her back gently to let her know he was here.

”Y-Yuii I can-“ he tried to cut through her words with his own. ”I-I can exp- Nope. It definitely wasn’t working. It seemed like she had this all in her head and heart and was just letting it out. ”I-I was just-“ He couldn’t get a word in as she went on about how she was worried about him. He wasn’t sure why she was worried about him… he WAS a Nanjirou after all. Not even death could touch him, he’d just dodge out of the way.

Wait… did she just say Unc-. His thought was cut off as she demanded they go to a tea room and talk about everything that’s happened. In all the shock and jitters he had little resistance to say no, and just simply nodded, waiting for Yuii to get off him as they went over to the tea room.

It felt surreal. After all this time he was back with Yuii and it was like she hadn’t changed at all, besides the baby in one of her arms. He was sure he was going to get some strange looks with a woman scorn on him, and a baby on her side. Yeah… definitely made it look like he was in a lot more trouble than he actually was (or so he thought).

”I’ll pay for the tea… it’s the least I could do. Tea has me here as a back up anyway so they’re paying for accommodation and all.” He wasn’t going to tell Yuii that he was the back up for other missing shinobi and mercenaries that lived in this world. He wasn’t sure if any of them were from Kumogakure or not. ”I’ll have a green tea myself, and she will have … err…” He paused for a moment.

”You know, I should know what your tea of choice is by now…” The Nanjirou rubbed the back of his head in embarrassment. He wasn’t too sure what to do with her choice of tea, so he would let her choose it.

As soon as they paid and sat down, the Nanjirou would sit and sigh softly. Even to relax for just a little bit… besides the nerves he was feeling as he was about to explain where he’s been.

” You know…” he started with once they had sat down. ” I’ve been hiding right underneath everyone’s noses. After I heard that Konoha had decided to pay a visit to the village, after I accidentally fought against the Hokage briefly… I hid where the poorest in Kumogakure were. If they were hidden and kept away enough then I figured it would be the best place to keep myself out of everyone’s way.” He looked away for a little bit, a little hurt seemed to be in his eyes, in his mind. But he brightened up and smiled, putting a hand behind the back of his head.

”I suppose that I owe you an apology for not reaching out. I just didn’t know how long these Leaf nin were going to be staying. I didn’t want to compromise anything that was going on, nor my own life.” He still carried t he headband, as banged up and cut it was… He was still sort of a Konoha ninja. Just without the loyalty and everything.

”But what about you? How’s everything been with you? I’ve seen you’ve been… err… busy? That the right word?”

MFT 916 words

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With a grumble of 'damn rights', Yuii followed her little brother from the streets to the shop. Large, comfortable, and with seating spaces designed to give them privacy; it has all the trappings of place they could have a real conversation in. "I don't like tea," She replied as he tried to remember her tea, earning a gasp from the perplexed, dark-haired young man waiting to take their order. Her eyes travelled between her brother and the poor local, realising that was probably not the best thing to say. She'd gotten that reaction a few times already, people here really liked their namesake, but that hadn't been in actual shops for the stuff. Was this rude? Was she being rude?

"Oh, fine. Mint, please, extra sugar?" she relented, just to be sure, though her choice just got another grimace.

Silently she followed after Sunuke, oddly quiet compared to their moment in the streets. She followed him to a quiet booth, shed her purchases like a wet dog, then sank into their booth with a comfortable, wide kneed slouch. Umeko squirmed in her sling, keen to be free and explore, but Yuii held fast of her for the moment. Her Blue gaze picked over her brother slowly, assessing him for changes and clues to his whereabouts. She need not have, though, as Sunuke was forthcoming with that particular knowledge.

He had been right under their noses? But how? She had sent out her shinobi, not the best shinobi, but they weren't nose pickers either! How had they come up empty in the search for the once leaf nin? In fact, how had he ever managed to leave Kumogakure at all, she itched to ask. The guards were her duty, and even runners were at least caught on film. Sunuke? Nothing. He might as well have been a ghost, like his namesake.

And so what if she'd looked at his fight roster and never once registered the fact that he had been fighting boots of all people? Or that she'd never considered her little brother's long-standing fear of being caught by his homeland? Sunuke being a missing shinobi had still been new news, hard to swallow, the stuff of stories- she couldn't be expected to remember.

The hurt in Sunuke's eyes said otherwise.

"Oh, Su-chan! I'm so sorry!" she wailed, bowing so quickly in an apology that her forehead slammed against their table, "I didn't think! I'm the worst sister. I should have known you would be afraid! The Leaf shinobi arrived and everything changed! You don't have anything to fear from them, I promise! Ayumu took care of everything- they'll never try and take you back!" Umeko wailed, scared by her mother's sudden yelling and movement. Yuii sheepishly patted the baby girls black locks to calm her, while rubbing her own forehead. "Boots- ah Um... The Hokage met with Kogami and they talked about a lot of things. They made a deal regarding missing-nin from the fire who had settled peacefully into lightning. You're in no danger." It was news she had been trying to share with him all along, but Sunuke in his fear had vanished. How ironic.

"M-me? well, I..." Her aqua orbs lowered to her baby, who was staring at her own fingers like they held a thousand shinobi secrets inside their tiny lines. There was no mistaking the bright blue eyes the little six-month-old had or the same light complexion, as they matched Yuii's completely. The mop of black hair pulled into a little tail at the top of her head, however. "This is Umeko," at her name, Umeko twisted up to look at Yuii, then turned to stare at Sunuke with the same perplexion as her hands, "My daughter."

Heat began to rise under Yuii's skin until her whole body turned frosting pink. Her smile twisted into a complex line, between embarrassment, joy and something more, "I've gotten married, just a few months ago, but we've been together since... since the day you vanished. He's a shinobi of Earth Country, but he was with the Hokage, guarding him, during the meeting." The pink tripled in intensity until she could be mistaken for a tomato. Yuii wasn't embarrassed, not really, but it was hard to put her adoration of Okada Kaji into words even with him. Telling her adopted little brother was so much worse. "I- He's amazing. The clan is so mad at me, everything is so complicated, but with Kaji everything is amazing!"

Then, to stall from the inevitable story, "But I want to hear how you're here in Tea! You said you were under our noses, so what are you doing here!?"

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii’s sudden empathy to his situation was evident as it dawned on her that having Leaf shinobi in the village would cause him to become… erratic. Her realisation would bring her head to the table, which would echo a large thumping sound to which the Nanjirou would wince to the sound.

Her apology, while uneeded, did make him feel a little bad. Sure… maybe had he not visited the village then she wouldn’t have had to worry about the Konoha ninja arriving on their doorsteps. On the other hand he did feel a little hurt that he wasn’t at least informed of their arrival, and maybe she should have realised that after hiding from his previous village that this was the reason he was hiding.

Her words were obviously sincere, and the suggestion that he was free and no longer wanted by Leaf… seemed too good to be true. Sure he wasn’t really chased after the samurai arrived in Leaf… but. He would just have to listen to the rest of her story since she was on a roll.

She began to talk about her life since he disappeared. What brought a shock to Sunuke’s face, almost making spit out the tea he had just brought into his mouth, was the fact she now had a little daughter. The girl, now staring up at him with curiosity, shared some resemblance with her mother. The eyes were there, though the characteristic blue hair of Yuii was not evident in her hair. Must have been the fathers.

”Umeko, huh? What a lovely name for the little one… congratulations on your new little one Yuii!” He beamed a smile of happiness for her, despite being confused on who the father was. Yuii had never mentioned of a suitor before… perhaps it was another Sennin in the village? Ayumu could have paired her with someone as a kind of “clan alliance” of some sort.

But it was to be reveal afterwards, as the Cloud nin’s face began to turn a beetroot colour. The Nanjirou’s face was instead met with a blank confusion on who she chose to be her soul mate, and husband. Someone from the Earth Country who protected the Hokage? Seemed a little… odd to choose them to be with for the rest of their life. Were they going to live in Cloud? Leaf? Stone?

”You’ve come a really long way since I visited the village, Yuii… I’m glad you’re doing well with finding someone to spend your life with… and a little girl to share that with too!” He tried to accept it as best he could. She was a different Yuii to the one who used to adventure on really stupid adventures. She had grown and matured in the village, and found purpose in life other than the pursuit of journeys and monsters. But… that was the life the woman chose, and the life she would live.

”Oh… why I’m here? That’s easy. I was hired by Tea Country as their backup in case one of their other mercenaries was a no show or gets too injured or dies. Get room and board during this time, and paid for the trouble of being here and doing nothing… So unless I’m needed I’m just making bets on people in the tournament.” He paused for a moment before looking at Yuii.

”This Kaji you’ve married… is he in the tournament? I may have bet on a Kaji in the tournament. I’ve had a lot of time on my hands here so I’ve spent most of it avoiding Konoha ninja, and placing bets on people… Though I suppose if I’m not wanted then I guess I can visit more places.” He smiled and gave a chuckle, feeling the forehead protector that he kept with him at all times. It was still marked with the mark of the missing.

”After all these years of feeling like I was being hunted… it turns out that I had nothing to worry about.” A small tear of relief dripped from the right eye slightly. He looked back up to Yuii, giving her a beaming smile again. ”It’s weird feeling a sense of freedom… I don’t think I realised what it was like… that even though I had escaped the village, the village still had a hold on everything I did. It’s weird… Guess I’m not sure what I’ll do with myself now that it’s all over.” There were options, of course. He could travel around, or take up work in a village. Become a resident somewhere. But he and Yuii would know that staying in a village wasn’t really his thing.

”Ah the tea is starting to go a little cold,” he tried to take the conversation away from this weird sentiment and gooey chat. ”So Umeko is how old now? I’ve never really dealt with kids. Siblings and cousins back in Konoha maybe but that was a long time ago.” A tangent again, of course. ”If the clan is really mad at you then is there anything that can be done? Does Ayumu know of this wedlock? What about Stone? I bet who ever the Tsuchikage and the Hokage are would have some choice words on it.” He thought about it for a moment.

”You know the Kagetsu clan couldn’t get you if you were in another village, right? They’re only Kumogakure based. As much as Kiyo-san might be a little mad at the prospect it at leas keeps your new daughter safe…” It was either deal with the clan head on, or find a new place to stay. It wouldn’t be long before they sent assassins.

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuii's eyes curved upwards, and her smile turned humorously catlike as she tried not to laugh in her brother's face.

"You? In the tournament? Sunuke! I'm sure you were just trying to scam a free place to sleep and some food, but what if you'd actually had to fight!?" Her gaze floated up to her little brother's spirit companion, then back down. Her gaze softened, and she reached to take his hands in her own, "Using the power of the dead for personal gain is wrong. You know you're not strong enough to battle on your own, not against the kind of people that the villages have sent. I know you were scared and hiding, but that's no excuse to be reckless with your life. " She sighed and set back, fixing her attention back on Sunuke the ghost.

"And you need to tell him no, sometimes. You're both the worst- how am I ever supposed to stop worrying about you?" she demanded, harsher than she had been with her brother, "You're supposed to look after him, not play chaperone to hairbrained ideas. You know how much trouble he always seems to get into." Sunuke just had a way of drawing chaos to himself, though no fault of his own. How could she not worry when he looked to have embraced running into that same trouble head-on? There was a chance he had been tricked, her brother was no idiot but he could be 'trusting' sometimes. Maybe she was being too harsh.

Another sigh and Yuii finally paid her tea some interest. A sip, a grimace, then another sip because not drinking it would be rude. "That's the same Kaji," she confirmed, setting her cup down with a clink, "And before you call me a hypocrite, we're not here by choice. It's a rather long story, but in order for Kaji to stay in Kumogakure, he needs to prove himself to Iwagakure through the tournament. It's all bullshit politics, I hate it, but it's their will. " Umeko brushed her saliva wet fingers against Yuii's face then blew bubbles, catching her mother's attention and earning herself a kiss. "It's always complicated, right?"

Discontent with affection, the baby started to wrestle from Yuii's control, though she had no true hope of escape. Yuii allowed her to balance on the edge of the table though and try to pull herself to standing, "I really envy your freedom, Sunuke. You have a great opportunity. Few of us can free from a village and pardoned from returning. But I don't think I could ever abandon Kumogakure, not while Kogami holds leadership. We're his sword and shield as he fights for our rights in Lightning country; without us, he couldn't win. One man can't do it all after all." Umeko squeals happily and slapped the table, wobbled, and fell backwards against Yuii. "The Raikage is supportive, the people of Kumogakure are mostly supportive, and living openly has made it difficult for the Kagetsu to move against us. She's only six months, but being my and Kaji's daughter has made Umeko well known, like the child of a celebrity. For now, there is no need to consider living anywhere else. If anything happens to a hair on her head, the entire village population would turn on them."

"There must be somewhere you want to go or something your heart wants that was being held back by being a mission shinobi? Do you have a dream, Sunuke?"

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Nanjirou’s proud moment of being invited to the tournament was met with laughter from his sister. The feeling that he was recognised as a potential fighter for the Tea Country was instead questioned as him looking for a free meal and room to stay. While she was no doubt right in some ways, Sunuke still felt a little jolt in his heart as the embarrassment rose. She was right to assume that it was reckless of him, and to lecture him on the dangers of how he shouldn’t be using the dead.

”O-oh I know about not using him anymore. While I was hiding I was able to finally learn to wield the sword myself! I managed to actually outgrow my families teaching and finally become a proper Nanjirou!” The Nanjirou beamed a huge smile to Yuii. It was true that he had spent a lot of time working on himself, especially when he was told he was potentially going to be in the fight.

He looked at Yuii, showing obvious signs that she wasn’t quite the same young Yuii who was always out adventuring and not caring about her family. No. This was a new Yuii who cared about the family she had created with Kaji. It was plain as day to see that the woman had grown up into.

” Complications happen, and we both know that! The time we got locked up in a village because they thought we were some evil devils because we could see spirits… that was a complication.” He remembered well the time, since both of them were so young that they didn’t really know how to weasel themselves out of mob mentality. ”But I’m certain you’ll know what you’ll have to do when it comes to your family… If Kaji is to be your partner for life then he better know well that if you get hurt it’s not them he should be afraid of.” A bunch of clan members could be scary, but a brother’s desperation to protect his sister was worse.

He watched Umeko play with her mother, feeling a soft skip in his heart as he watched the two care for each other. He didn’t really need to look after Yuii anymore. She was already strong enough and had someone there.

”I think…” he paused for a moment, looking down at the empty mug of tea that he had wolfed down already. ”I think it might be time for me to move on from Kumogakure… from Lightning Country.” He looked back up to his sister and nodded for a moment. ”I think it’s time for travelling. After all these years behind a wall has made me soft again, and I know it would be safer for both you and Umeko if I was out there stopping threats from getting to you before they reached Kumogakure. After all you’re technically housing a fugitive, and you’ve married a shinobi of another village.” He would stand up from the table, legs a little wobbly from nerves.

”I don’t think it’s a dream to travel, but a need to find adventure. Villages keep people safe for a reason, but safety is boring. No one on their death bed wished for a safer home.” Well… not exactly true. Those who were assassinated or had their village invaded would probably wish those things.

”I’d rather be building a safer world for her,” he said, looking down at the blue-eyed baby. ”I can’t do that from inside a mountain. That’s Ayumu’s job.” He would take his mug up, looking at Yuii’s. ”Want me to take your cup as well?’

Whether she said yes or not would only change how many pieces of china he would return to the little clean up area, before returning to the table. In that time all he could think about was how the world had moved on without him as he was just hiding out in fear of his safety. He had never been that afraid before, and not even his spirit companion could’ve shaken that from him until he finally found true freedom.

”Ah you know… I had an idea… For how I could help out the village, and get my adventure,” he called out to Yuii, getting quieter as he returned to the table. ”I’m sure Cloud doesn’t want to get its hands dirty on every single job it had in mind… Might as well just hire me for the more difficult and dangerous jobs, you know? I get my adventure, and Cloud gets a person they can just scapegoat. You get to be safe, and you get to see me every once in a while. And I get to see my favourite little niece!” Seemed like a win win for him.

”What do you say? Wanna hire me?”

MFT - 801 words

Kagetsu Yuii

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I..."

Yuii's gaze cast downward to hide the lines of strain that Sunuke could have no doubt read easily. She didn't like, it, she didn't like any of it. She wanted her brother safe, with her in Kumogakure, and cared for. Above all, she wanted to know where he was at all times. But, as Sunuke outlined his desires for the future with earnest honesty that begged her to understand, Yuii knew that saying as much would hurt him. All he wanted was her approval and anything less could damage their relationship beyond all repair. And so, with a deep breath, she formulated a response she hoped could set her brother free.

"Give me a moment to consider, as a Sennin and not your sister," she hummed, drawing Umeko close enough that her raven hair touched Yuii's cheek.

This wasn't the first time she was forced to set aside her emotions, it was almost a daily task, but this was a difficult endeavour for the Sennin. But it was difficult when it came to the people she loved. Kaji had his own life and ran headlong into the dangers of the world on a near weekly basis but which Yuii didn't have to like it, she also knew he didn't need her protection. He'd never needed her protection. Sunuke, on the other hand, she'd known since adolescence and it was hard to wrap her mind around the idea that he'd grown beyond her. That he didn't want the safety she could give. This moment was practice too, she realised with a thrill of horror, for the day she would one day have to let Umeko free to live her life.

Shoulders bent under the weight of the moment, Yuii cautiously picked her words.

"I can't hire you, but Kogami can and likely will if you approach him. I can set up a meeting for you, and the matter can be discussed, terms can be decided, a method of communication established. Everything, if that's what you really want." 'but I wish you'd reconsider.' she wanted to say but didn't, "I'm proud of you for finding your own path. A lifetime protecting Rai no Kuni would have been a full one, but bland. You deserve to find your own adventure." A life with her? A life as a Kumo-nin? Those could have been grand as well. He could have stayed, he knew he could have, but if Yuii was honest- she would have taken the same path if she was in his shoes. He was free, and indenturing himself to Kumo would ruin that. And yet...

"Everyone is busy with the tournament, but when the fighting is done we can meet. We're all housed at a place called “Muddy Boots and Bloody Blades”, Kogami included," she concluded, shifting to her feet awkwardly. Umeko babbled and swung her arms, then blew bubbles in Sunuke's direction, "Will that work for you?"

Ko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maybe the Nanjirou should have made his suggestion as a joke, as the woman was obviously both shocked and saddened by the idea that he could even leave the country. But it wasn’t his country. It wasn’t ever going to be his home, and she and he knew that it wasn’t going to change. The open world was his home, and that was evident in the fact he left Lightning Country on his own choice without consulting anyone.

He would watch her debate inside her mind on what to do, all the while he would keep quiet not to show that the regret of asking her had began to creep up on him. His eyes remained stoic, as was how he looked. He would remain resilient to the thought of guilt that was just leaving her behind… But she had a family now, and he did not. Nor did he think he ever would.

She didn’t seem too pleased, and as her words were picked carefully he could understand that. It wasn’t really for her to sanction missions to him, and nor should it as both a Sennin and as a sister. But what choice did he really have? The world out there was awful, and both he and her knew that. That’s why his eyes seemed a little saddened, but he completely understood that she personally couldn’t do it.

”Sure… it works for me The Muddy Boots and Bloody Blades huh? I think I may have seen it while I was here… but you may need to give me directions from here… just in case.” He probably hadn’t seen it, and his foggy mind plus his defiance to admit that he had no clue of where he was going.

He would look out towards the exit, and turn back to her and Umeko, before smiling in his thoughts about how he could look after the two of them. He didn’t really know Kaji yet so this idea could fall flat… but he trusted Yuii’s judgement on men.

”Y-you know it’s thanks to you that I found an enjoyment in adventure… without you who knows if I would have been eventually caught by Leaf shinobi years ago, or ended up on the wrong side of a villagers pitchfork…” Probably shouldn’t mention to Yuii about bedding a farmer’s daughter. ”But I don’t think Kumogakure needs more shinobi in its midst, especially ones with more than dubious history. I am and always be a missing-nin, whether Konoha deems it or not. There will always be a reason to hunt me down… So I might as well make use of the notoriety and travel around.”

” Maybe we should get out of here before people realise it’s not that busy in here, and begin to swarm in here like no tomorrow.” He would gently move the table (if Yuii was finished with her drink), and would get himself ready to go back outside to be the hustle and bustle of the city.

” Of course, I’m sure you’ll be looking to go see the tournament soon anyway. I’m not really planning to go have a look. Wouldn’t be fun to ruin the surprise of how everyone fights. I don’t need that kind of advantage.” He couldn’t help but let out a small chuckle as he walked towards the front door, and should Yuii follow he would push on he door before being blinded by the sun.

”Ah fu-“ He stopped himself, realising the company he was in the middle of. ”I-it sure gets bright here compared to Kumogakure.” Maybe it was just the fact he was inside most the time, and that would bother him a lot.

MFT 614 words

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back