Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Reporting {Requesting whoever runs the Main}

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Strange… Yes… That was the perfect word for how Narashi Jo felt about… well… the world in general. He had spent a week in recovery in the Aesculapium after being removed from Immurement. Being frozen in carbonite for nearly three months had left him temporarily blind. It took a couple of days to recover his sight, and another couple days of physical therapy to get all of his motor skills back. The doctors were surprised at his quick recovery time, but Jo simply shrugged it off. The demon inside of him, coupled with the ability to quickly heal himself, cut his recovery time down to nearly nothing.

Jo shook thoughts of the hospital out of his head. He hated hospitals. Something about the smell of too much bleach and open wounds threw his stomach off; or, maybe it was the thought that most peoples lives began and ended on a hospital. Either way, he was glad to finally be out from under the stern gaze of his ANBU security detail and back out into the real world.

Strange, yes. Everything seemed strange. It was as if he was looking through new eyes, eyes unclouded by childish naiveté. Kumogakure was still its same old self; the streets wet and filthy from the snow melt-off, the leftover snow still laying in brownish-white heaps on the edges of the sidewalks from being plowed several days earlier. The air was still cold, spring having not yet arrived. The endless expanse of the dome that was the sky had a murky grey color to it. It wasn’t threatening rain, it was just reminding the villagers that they were still subject to mother natures whims, and spring hadn’t arrived quite yet.

Jo was just happy to be out and about, walking on his own and (relatively) free. He still had to report to the Torre for reassignment, and was on his way to do so as we speak. He had heard rumors of an election for the new Raikage, and the death of Hayata Shin; he had also heard that Hikari was stepping down as Sennin. As such, he had no idea who would be there to greet him when he arrived, or what position they would have him fill. As of now, he would be happy to have his old job back as the Hand of the Sennin, head of the Merces Letifer and the Main Branches lead assassin. Though the chances of that happening were slim-to-none in Jo’s mind. ’Oh, you were immured for letting your unregistered Jinchuuriki attack you fiancé? Why don’t you just come in on Monday and pick up where you left off, hmm? That’d be grrrrreat!’ Pft… yeah, right!

The young chuunins stomach turned at the thought of his ex-fiancé. He’d broken things off with her when he had been sentenced for immurement. She had loved him enough to forgive him, but he knew he was holding her back, and was a danger to her and everyone else he loved. He wanted so badly to see her, to hold her in his arms again, to tell her… what? What could he say to her that would do any good? What could he do to make up for his transgressions? What could put them back where they were before By-Tor messed everything up?

That wasn’t fair, it was Jo’s fault for letting the demon get a foothold on his soul so strong that he couldn’t control him. During his immurement, Jo and By-Tor had held a deep discussion in regards to what the standard operating procedure would be once they were out. Jo would continue to be the host, and By-Tor would stay out of day-to-day business; but there were a few catches, a few quid pro-quo’s that had to be satisfied. The precise details were drawn out and boring, resembling a contract for services rendered rather than a life-or-death agreement to cohabit the same body. Either way, the beast was under control, and Jo would never let him hurt Saeko again. No matter what the cost.

The Torre loomed before him, its massive height brooding over the village like an overprotective parent at the school dance. Jo entered the main doors, kicking the snow and water off his black leather boots before crossing the threshold. His non-distinct clothing was an unmarked symbol of his previous office, in which he specialized in assassination through means which couldn’t be traced back to the Shinobi of Cloud. As such, he wore simple civilian clothes that could blend in with the crowd: blue jeans, boots, black t-shirt, brown leather jacket. His hair was combed neatly, or had been before the win had buffeted it on his walk over. He tried to flatten it out as best he could, but quickly resigned himself to looking windswept and approached the receptionist desk.

”Excuse me, I’m Chuunin Narashi Jo. I need to report to whoever’s running the Main Branch currently.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She retained the office of the Spymaster for the time being, despite Hikari handing the title over to her officially. The votes for the election were being tallied in this very moment and soon the Raikage would be announced. She felt no need to make a bunch of genin move her things just to have to move them once again to the Raikage's office if she won. That is, if she won. The possibility of such an outcome was furthest from her mind at this point as she poured over over due forms Hikari had failed to fill out in the last few months.

She wanted to keep her senninship quiet until after Raikage was announced. Her heads of divisions in the main branch were the only ones to know, but the subordinates still saw Haruka as their Spymaster. She was in no hurry, after all the position wasn't going anywhere. Who could deny Tanaka Hikari's request anyway. It was probably an unspoken rule to deny the privilege of a sennin's ability to pick their successor. It seemed to be all they had as they simply folded up their post and slipped into quiet oblivion. She was Hikari's only choice, which led Haruka to her own question...

Who would she choose as her sennin if she ascended to Raikageship. Hikari gave her that right only a few days ago and ever since Haruka had agonized over the thought. Main branch needed stability and experience above anything else. Something she hadn't quite found in her senior members as of late. She sighed, her muscles relaxing as she sat back in her chair. The sound of a polite knock broke the lone sound of rustling paper. As the door peeled open, a secretary poked her head in.

“Shima-Sama, a Narashi Jo requests to speak with the head of main branch. Shall I have him schedule an appointment?”

No, its quite alright. Send him in, but give me about ten minutes please.” Haruka spoke, eyeing the folders on her desk. As the door closed once again, Haruka crossed her room to look through a rather large metal cabinet filled with folders. She flicked through until reaching the N section and pulled out his file.

She knew who he was off hand. The former Hand of the Sennin, that she knew due to her secretary position during Masao's time as Sennin. He was also Saeko's former fiance, something she learned from Saeko herself during one of their numerous lunch breaks. She broke into the file, which was rather up to date given Hikari's leave of absence. It seemed he was one of the last matters she dealt with before leaving her post. An unregistered jinchuuriki, reports of violent outbursts, and then he was admitted for treatment. She sighed, closing the file.

Why did you leave me behind such a mess? She wasn't sure who she spoke to. She could almost see her former three sennin smile at her plight. Haruka knew he'd want back in. A man built like that could never leave this life. It was the only thing he had ever known. She threw the folder on her desk in resignation and then sat back down.

Send him in.” She directed through the intercom.

[MFT.]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Politely excusing herself, the receptionist left to speak with the Spymaster. Jo waited patiently in the lobby as the young lady poked her head into the office door and spoke a few hushed words to the person inside. The nameplate on the door read “Shima Haruka,” the name instantly recognizable as one of the three candidates for the Kageship. He heard a few rumors about her having killed her lover, who had killed the Raikage, and had subsequently been deemed the Ice Queen. Her reputation preceded her, and he was sure his did as well; or, maybe he was a little too full of himself and she was probably reviewing his file as we speak.

The receptionist returned and asked him to wait for a moment. Jo waited patiently for a few minutes until a woman’s voice came over the intercom.

“Send him in.”

The receptionist directed him to the door, and Jo approached with a measured pace. Stopping in front of the door, he took a deep breath, centered himself, and released it. He never really enjoyed talking with his bosses; it usually meant he was in trouble or he was being sent on yet another S-Rank “complete this mission successfully or the world will end” type of adventure. Resigning himself to whatever fate lay in store for him, he twisted the handle and entered.

The office was simple and efficient as far as he could tell, containing such standard items as desks, chairs for guests, filing cabinets, bookcases, etc. Jo took in every detail with the practiced eye of a hunter observing his surroundings. Funny, three months frozen in carbonite had still not dulled his nearly natural reflex to scout an area and target upon entering a room. He approached the desk and snapped to a smart attention, saluting the woman sharply.

”Chuunin Narashi Jo, reporting ma’am.” It was a silly nicety, but a necessary one. Saluting a superior when reporting for duty or to a new post was a courtesy that gave respect to the commander, and showed a willingness to serve in the subordinate. Once she set him at-ease, he’d execute order-arms by snapping back to the position of attention; then, placing his hands into the small of his back, he’d stand with feet shoulder-width apart and wait to be addressed (or sit down, whichever she asked him to do).

”It’s a pleasure to meet you, Shima-sama. I just voted for you on my way in. Good luck with the elections.” Small talk. Another simple nicety that was usually necessary for first encounters and greetings. ”As I’m sure you’re aware, I was just released from the Aesculapium after recovering from my voluntary immurement. As soon as I recovered, I came here to report for duty as was requested by Sennin Hikari.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At ease.” She said, settling back into her chair with a stern stare. She loved a subordinate that gave her the proper greetings. Whatever training they gave the assassins of Merces Letifer, Haruka thoroughly enjoyed it. Her original irritated disposition was relieved if only a little bit by his orderly display. She eyed him like prey hoping to see any hesitation in his notion at returning to duty.

She had reservations about letting such a dangerous shinobi back into her ranks after such a short time of recovery, but people surprised Haruka everyday. She wondered what his goal was. What kept him sane as he endured solitary rehabilitation? Did he think of the love he had lost and how he had hurt her so? She eyed his file for only a moment, knowing he'd see the quick movement of her eyes. She leaned forward in her chair.

Thank you for your support, though small talk is hardly necessary with me. I have yet to receive the full report of your rehabilitation from the hospital. You seem quite hasty to return. Are you quite sure you have yourself under control? I, unlike Tanaka-Sama, am not forgiving. I do not tolerate repeated mistakes. Nor do I endanger the lives of my comrades when it is not necessary.” Her harsh and even tone wasn't anything out of the ordinary. Haruka was quite no-nonsense. She knew for a fact that the tabloids didn't lie when they crowned her “The Ice Queen”. Was Narashi Jo all he seemed to be though?

I suspect you think you'll be placed as the Hand of the Sennin once more?” She continued, stacking her files all the while. “Well, Narashi Jo... tell me why I should let you come back?” She had no time for weak willed men. The Shima wanted fire that could burn her ice. She wanted irrefutable proof that the man was the right kind of soldier. The kind of soldier that would support whoever the Main Branch Sennin might be.

[Mft. 337]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The young shinobi stood firmly at-ease with his eyes fixed on those of the Ice Queen. Her mannerisms resembled that of a predator, one who patiently stalks their prey, waiting patiently for any sign of weakness or hesitation before they go in for the kill. He respected her more for that than any of the rumors or hearsay he’d encountered on his way to the meeting.

”I’m also opposed to repetitious mistakes; and you have my assurance that nothing of the sort will happen again. On pain of death.” Those final words were poignant, the note in his voice dark and brooding; as if he weren’t only speaking to the woman before him, but the whole world, and the darkness within. ”I stand ready to serve as the needs of the village dictate, regardless of whether or not I am reinstated as the Hand or assigned to another division.” To her final question, he replied:

”I am ready to return to my duties to defend the village that I love and the people who dwell in it. This is my only goal in life, my only desire. When I was enrolled at the Academy, I found joy in the fact that this was a profession in which certain values are upheld, and not used as mere words. Loyalty, Duty, Respect, Honor, Selfless Service, Integrity, and Personal Courage are my way of life.” His words were hard and resolute, his voice full of a passion that was born out of years of sacrifice and dedication to the nation he called home. Snapping to attention, he recited the Shinobi’s Creed. Etched into his mind at the Academy, and burned into his heart by time in the field.
”I am a Kumogakure Shinobi,
I am a warrior, and a member of a team,
I serve the people of Kumogakure and live the Shinobi Values,
I will always place the mission first,
I will never accept defeat,
I will never quit,
I will never leave a fallen comrade,
I am disciplined, physically and mentally tough, trained and proficient in my warrior tasks and drills,
I always maintain my arms, my equipment, and myself,
I am an expert, and I am a professional,
I stand ready to deploy, engage, and destroy the enemies of Kumogakure in close combat,
I am a guardian of the Village and our way of life.

I am a Kumogakure Shinobi!”

[OOC: Yes, I did just shamelessly use the Soldiers Creed of the U.S. Army in this post. As a soldier, I live by these values every minute of every day of my life. I will extend this ethos to my Shinobi counterparts here on Ninpocho. I’ve been on this site for over eight years now, and for a vast majority of them, Kumogakure has been my home. I love this Village, and I hereby swear that I shall never leave it as an RPer. When I rebirth, I shall always return home.]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It's funny what happens to you when your life gets flipped-turned upside down. It's not like on television: there's no rare-smelling cab waiting to take you to Bel-Air. There's no auntie and uncle waiting to smack the discipline into you with a loving but firm hand. And there's definitely no Carlton. In reality, what you're looking at is a whole bunch of unpaid debt and silently mounting resentment. You start to freak out about the small things in life - running out of toilet paper, dropping your silverware - because you know it's futile to freak out about the big things. You can't change the fact that your fiance's been sentenced to life in Supermax. You can't change the fact that your parents are dead and your sole remaining family member's a mental cripple. Thus you start to hate yourself because although it defies all logic to conclude so, you know deep down that you were the one at fault.

I've stopped looking at the status updates sent from the hospital on Jo's condition. They all say the same thing, anyway: "Patient's vitals stable and consistent with cryogenic coma." That shithead. He gets to sleep in every day while I slave over TPS reports for a division whose motto might as well be: "Reading is for Fa**ots." You'll pay, Jo. When you get home I'll kick your ass so hard the kids will feel it for the rest of their lives. When you get ...home. Now you see why I've stopped reading the updates? It took me a while, but I finally got to the point where I can keep myself out of this sort of trouble. I still see him wherever I go, standing stock-still and silently looking at me with those guilty eyes and that slightly open mouth like he's about to say something although I know he won't. But with the passage of time it's like I can throw a sheet over him now and go on with the daily business of living. He's still there under that flimsy sheet, but at least now I don't have to make eye-contact.

I pull my gaze away from the legation window and try to focus on eating my lunch. Like any other day, it's "al-desko," which makes everything taste like printer toner. Another stack of reports to do. It's funny: I thought we were a village of trained killers embarking on world-changing missions every day, but every shinobi you encounter talks about nothing but how much paperwork he or she has to do on a daily basis. Speaking of which, Haruka has forgotten to sign off on a reimbursement request for a jounin I know. It can probably wait until after lunch, but this jounin's a real bitch and if she comes up to the window accusing me of losing her check I might simply put a 'forty-Smith in her brain and then mine. So I'd better take this request to Haruka or blood will run and et cetera.

On the way to Haruka's temporary office I hear her talking with someone. God, I love my boss. She puts on this all-powerful ice-queen act like a pro, even though she's a big softy and a total virgin. I think she might have accidentally let someone kiss her hand and thought it was the lewdest thing ever. I shouldn't eavesdrop. I should turn around right now before I get an earful of her skewering some poor asshole, but... Against my better judgement I open the door just as I think things are about to get good.

The guy Haruka's about to fire is pretty handsome. He almost looks like Jo.

Oh. Fuck.

He is Jo.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Oh?” On pain of death. He was very serious after all. The corner of her mouth twitched into a bemused smirk. She wanted more men like him. Ones that took their job seriously and handled themselves as an operating shinobi should. An actual soldier, one that hadn't been pacified by leaders of the past, but remembered what exactly Kumogakure stood for. They were the group of people to carry out the job when the Shogun's army refused. Defenders of the civilians that lived in their wall. Repelling any forces that may cause harm to Lightning country. A shinobi with a code and serious nature.

She stared, eyes reflecting somber respect for the man as he recited the creed. Her heart moved with sudden force, blood rushing with gusto as a shiver ran up her spine. Yes, this was exactly why she had ended Shin. To make sure that the creed lived on. To strengthen Kumogakure further. To push their renown towards the heavens until they were the undeniable force of power throughout the land. She refused to tarnish the strength of Kumogakure's military. It seemed he refused to do so as well.

Haruka rose from her chair slowly. At that moment, the door swung open, framing the small figure of Takaki Saeko. The Shima seemed to be continuously interrupted by the girl lately. Only this might end up more disastrous than the last time. Haruka cleared her throat, swimming in the awkward tension. “Takaki-San, perhaps you could learn the importance of knocking.

Saeko wouldn't leave. Haruka couldn't conjure any words that would ever shake two broken lovers away from their second encounter after so long. She didn't wish to. She pulled back, waiting to see their reactions. Ready to hold back Saeko should she decide to get loony. The Shima wished she was given such chances in her life.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Music

When the door opened behind him Jo resisted the urge to turn and see who was there. He was at the position of attention, after all; and every good shinobi knows you can’t move while at the position of attention. It’s physically impossible. To move would mean that you’re no longer at the position of attention, and in the current circumstances, he could only either move from attention to at-ease (as he was instructed earlier), or fall out of attention completely. So, like a good soldier, he stood stock-still as the door opened.

If he wasn’t perfectly stone-statue still before, he definitely was when her scent hit him. It barely took a millisecond for him to recognize that floral aroma. It was her hair, the smell of her favorite shampoo. His mind instantly retrieved distant memories and played them in his head. The first time he had smelled that scent was when they were sitting in the hot springs together; she had rested her head on his shoulder, and he had leaned his head on hers. He’d smelled it countless other times while they lay in bed, tangled up in skin and silk sheets; while they sat on the couch, just enjoying a quiet moment of peace together during one of the few times they both had the day off. After all that time spent frozen and comatose, he still remembered that aroma.

“Takaki-San, perhaps you could learn the importance of knocking.” Shima-sama only confirmed what he had already known. He struggled to organize his thoughts, to bring himself to act, to speak. What, then, would he say? What do you say to someone who you love, who you want to spend the rest of your life with? What do you say to someone who you’ve wronged so? What words could possibly make up for the horrendous things he was capable of? Finally, he turned to her.

Saeko… There she was… and Narashi Jo couldn’t come up with a damn thing to say. She was beautiful as ever, even more so with her new haircut. The short length went well with the shape of her face. ’You’re seeing the love of your life for the first time in months, and you’re critiquing her hairdo? What the HELL, man!?’ Good news was that she seemed just as shocked as he was. She seemed completely stunned, so much so that Jo couldn’t get a read on her emotions (and that’s what he was trained to do!). Was she just surprised to find him back in the conscious world? Was she angry that he hadn’t gone to her as soon as he woke up? Did she still love him as much as he loved her? What the hell was he supposed to say!?!? Half of the reason they had hit it off so well at the Shoguns Ball had been because his silver tongue and sharp wit had matched hers (lets be fair, now… he was barely a challenge, but she had fun with it at least). All that training in improvisation during undercover work, all that experience with speech craft and persuasion boiled down to this:

”…hey…”

[OOC: Congrats on winning the Raikage-ship, Shima-sama. What will you do next?

{High pitched imitation Haruka voice} I'm going to Disney Land! {Voice switches back to normal} To bring it under my new world order... BOW TO ME!!!

No, but seriously, congrats! Great speech!]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The way nature designed us, it's fight or flight. There is no middle path in the animal kingdom, and we humans are just as much animals as any rodent or chimp. All of the things that we've come up with throughout our history - negotiations, compromises, "talking it out" - that's all just a flimsy veneer to cover the fact that either we turn tail from our troubles or we drown them in bloodshed. Right now, I'm walking a thin tightrope over a bottomless chasm, and the damned rope's on fire.

When he was Jo and not his shitty Jinchuu-possession, he was better than anything. Better than cool silken sheets on a summer's night. Better than ice-shavings and syrup at the end of a hike. Better than hot cocoa with those tiny little marshmallows that turn into foam. Better than beer and freshly-shucked oysters on a Monday in Port Cirrus. Better than getting wasted and waking up the next day without a hangover. Better than sex with a zillionaire with so many hobbies that he doesn't know how to cuddle. Better than a cool million in a suitcase tax-free. Better than video games. Better than having all the time in the world. I'd have traded all of those things for one more day with Jo, and now I have the chance to grab him by the balls and never let him go again. I can't lose him. I won't let them take him back.

And yet I won't move or open my mouth. My animal brain has taken over and is screaming at me to flee, or conversely, to draw my fist back and punch him in his stupid fucking face and continue until he's not a human anymore, but a pile of bloody hamburger staining my lady's office. My animal brain tells me that I can't go and embrace him like i want to. I can't trust him. He's not real. He's disappointment personified into a mockery of a man come to taunt me. A miserable pile of secrets, as one might say. He took my purity. He took my safety. He took my mind. I'm broken, used goods and it's all because of him. I hate you, Narashi Jo. I hate you so goddamned much and I want you to die for real this time. Just disappear again!

"...hey..." he says. That shithead. He had to open his mouth and taunt me. Now I don't know what I'm doing. I storm over and lock my arms around his waist and squeeze. Half of it is trying to crush him to death. Half of it is making sure he's even real. Half of it is because I haven't gotten to do this since God knows when. When I realize what I'm doing I panic and the animal brain takes back over. I deck him roundly across the face.

"Is that all you can say?" I hiss at him. "Is that all you can say? After what you did to me? Bastard! Go give your demon a blowjob!"

Rationality takes over and I flee, but not before flinging bitch-jounin's paperwork onto Haruka's desk. Suzumiya-san wants to have her Brazilian wax counted as a business expense so her boyfriend will go down on her again. Sounds legit to me.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
One… two… three… the seconds seemed to drag on for hours. For a few moments everything was still, Saeko locked in place, her face unreadable. Anger? Suspicion? Fear? Jo knew not which. All he knew was that those three seconds seemed to last an eternity. Then the stillness was broken, and she was storming towards him. Jo closed his eyes and braced himself for death. This was it, she was going to kill him in a single blow, a mercy he didn’t deserve; but the unthinkable happened.

She wrapped her arms around him in an unmistakable hug.

For second, Jo stood completely still; it was as if he was frozen in carbonite once more. Was this real? There was only one way to find out. He wrapped his arms around her shoulders and pulled her in just as tight. It was real! Not a dream, not an illusion, not a memory played back in his head from the past. She was there in his arms, and everything was right in the world. At least, so he thought. As long as those three seconds took before she embraced him, the time she was in his arms was antonymously short. Before Jo could react, she was breaking away from him. Then, when he was completely off guard, she decked him right across the face.

"Is that all you can say?" She hissed at him. "Is that all you can say? After what you did to me? Bastard! Go give your demon a blowjob!" Then she was gone. All thoughts of his career abandoned, Jo tensed himself to fly after her, to run her down and tell her everything. How he missed her, how he loved her, how there was no way in hell that he was going to let his demon hurt her again.

’Hold on there, lover-boy…’</COLOR><i></i> The voice echoed from the deepest echelons of his mind. The sound was like gravel being ground between steel mill-stones during a thunderstorm. By-Tor’s presence was a small tug at the back of Jo’s mind, like a hook in a fish’s mouth that hasn’t been set yet. ’You know the rules; or have you already forgotten our deal?’<i></i> Jo didn’t care about the deal with the devil, all he wanted was to run after Saeko. ’Let me refresh your memory… I play the “good doggie;” I stay out of your way until you need me, then lend you my power, no strings attached. No more attempts to take over your body, no more filling your days with flashbacks or your evenings with nightmares. In return, I ask for one thing. One small… insignificant… thing…

‘You can’t have </B>
<COLOR color="darkred"><B>her. Not now, not ever.</I><I>

‘Now, that isn’t too much to ask, is it? She’s just like any other female out there… you can get a new one anytime you like from the red light district.’
Upon sensing Jo’s building rage and defiance, By-Tor spoke to him more harshly. ’Perhaps I should reiterate the consequences of breaking our oath? No more extra power, no more peace. I will constantly dog your heels and struggle for control. Then, when I take control, and eventually I will, she will be my first order of business. I’ll do things to her you couldn’t possibly imagine. Terrible, horrible things. Then your parents will be next, followed by the rest of your pathetic little village. Oh, the shinobi here will stop me eventually; but think of the damage I could cause until then… all the innocents I could kill.’ Jo bit back the urge to cry out in despair. He loved Saeko with all his heart, but the only way he could protect her was to let her go. His muscles relaxed, the urge to spring after her suppressed. ’A wise choice. After all, what are the desires of one such as you compared to the lives of the many? I’ll leave you to your meeting now. Give me a call when you decide to hit the red-light district, hmm?’

With that the voice was gone. Jo inhaled deeply, his resolve bitter in his mouth like the blood Saeko had drawn from his lip. Straightening up, he executed a sharp about-face and returned his gaze to Haruka. ”Apologies for that, ma’am. I’ll strive to keep my personal life separate from work.” He knew she couldn’t hear the voice in his head, but he hoped she couldn’t see the grief in his eyes.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
So this was the shit she was going to have to deal with now that she had some position of power? She felt like an awkward third wheel. Scratch that, she was an awkward third wheel. Haruka stood behind her desk watching the scene unfold like some pathetic telenovela. She was ready to separate the two should violence occur, but Haruka knew the two shinobi would behave better in front of their superior. Although, this was hardly the respect Haruka deserved. Still, the Shima felt a twinge of pan for Saeko. Men were idiots. She smirked, trying her best to hide it as she thought this was how Masao must of felt as he watched Natsu confess his feelings for Haruka so awfully.

"Raiden, help me." She mumbled under her breath as the chunnin flung her paper work down and vanished in a flurry of hormonal rage. Haruka sighed quite audibly as Jo proceeded to savage what little of his dignity he had left. She turned on her bitch stare as he stood contrite. "I should hope so." The woman took the stack of paperwork into her hands and straightened it out, tapping it obnoxiously on the desk. "I'm giving you one last chance. One more screw up and you'll be confined to the mental institution for the rest of your days. We are short handed on staff, so you will presume your position of Hand. Closely monitored however. Should I be elected Raikage, you will do your duty in helping my replacement get settled in. Understood?"

She waited for his compliance before folding back into her chair "Dismissed."

[TLUS]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Hand nodded as he received his orders, his shoulders already heavy with the burden he was too eager to bear. This was his last chance to redeem himself, his last chance to prove he deserved the honor of being a shinobi of cloud. ”Understood, ma’am.” He nodded. After she dismissed him, he snapped smartly to attention, rendered a salute (as was proper after being addressed by a superior officer), returned to the position of attention, took one step backwards, and executed a sharp about-face before exiting the room.

As he walked down the hallway, he reached into his pocket and removed a small gold pin. Attaching it to his left lapel, he approached the receptionists desk. ”Excuse me, miss, but could you please send out a memo to the heads of the Merces Letifer, the Courier department, and my office manager?” The receptionist looked up at Jo in befuddlement for a moment, her eyes quickly shifting to the pin on his collar.

“Right away, sir.” She said, beginning to type furiously.

”Thank you kindly. Let them know there will be a departmental meeting at 1600 tomorrow evening. I want everyone in the department in formation on the Academy PRT field; and I do mean everyone. All non-essential missions are to be postponed until after the meeting.” After a second of reflection, he added; ”Have the uniform posted as Class A dress uniform. They’re still the slate-grey three-piece suits, right?”

“Yes, sir.”

”Awesome. I’ll be addressing them on some policy changes we’ll be making and new SOP’s I’ll be putting in place. Have the Department Heads meet me there 30 minutes early for a brief prior to the formation.”

“Sure thing, sir.”

”Thanks again.” As he turned to leave, the receptionist called him again.

“Oh, sir?” He turned, the pin on his collar flashing in the light. It was the mark of his office, a small black hand in a golden circle. “Welcome back.”

Jo smiled his small smile, no more than the upturning of the right corner of his mouth. ”Thanks.” As he descended the stairs in front of the Torre, his mind turned to another matter; Saeko. With some effort, he created a shield in his mind, a smokescreen to protect his thoughts from the unwelcome intrusion of his demonic counterpart. In that protective bubble, a plan formulated; it would require absolute secrecy, unimaginable effort, and unmitigated sacrifice. He would defeat the beastly foe, this enemy within; and he would win back Saeko’s heart.

{TLUS}{MFT}

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back