Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Requesting Experienced Ranger] Hungry Like the Wolf [Open - Free RP]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank

Hiroshi stopped under the noon sun as some beasts howled just ahead of him. He shielded his eyes and gazed towards the horizon, only to spot a modestly sized pack of Hykals. Confident that he could handle these scavengers, he glared into the eyes of the largest Hykal, foolishly believing that establishing dominance over one would grant him protection from the rest that began circling about him. As he became increasingly aware of the impending danger he was in, his eyes grew wider and his breath more rapid.

"Well . . . " the shinobi absently commented as he swallowed as much of his trepidation as he could muster and adopted a traditional hand-to-hand martial stance. "This doesn't look good."

"Wow! Such genius! Much insight!" Unmei mocked the man that was its host before growling internally at him. "I suggest you let me take care of these pathetic mutts . . . unless you really want to fill their bellies."

"Unmei-sama . . . " he thought with a weak smile; despite the tension between the two, each had developed a mutual respect for each other. However that bond faltered as Hiroshi reached for his headset. "I'm sorry Unmei, but I can't trust you just yet."

"Can anyone read me?" he started his distress signal. "My name is Miyamoto Hiroshi, and I'm engaged with a pack of ten or so mocking dogs somewhere within the village. Requesting immediate assistance, over."

"You can have your fun for a little bit, but I can't let you loose."

[MFT]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Table Title
Kazuki had been dwelling on the thought about the ruins that were once the Ranger’s HQ and how best to rebuild what was lost, when his headset received a transmission. "Can anyone read me? My name is Miyamoto Hiroshi, and I'm engaged with a pack of ten or so mocking dogs somewhere within the village. Requesting immediate assistance, over.” The Senju Overlord’s headset was not the only thing that caught those words. He had been seating on a rock for thirty minutes in front of the wreck of the building that had been crushed by the bastard son of Ishii Shiro when he heard that transmission. But, he had also heard it with his ears as well. In the White Wolf’s youth, his body had gone through a series of experimentations that had upped him into super soldier status and his hearing had been increased accordingly. ”This is Kazuki. On route.”<i></i> he would transmit, letting Hiroshi know help was on his way. Because he was on the Ranger’s area and he had been able to hear the man speak, the Occult Sennin knew he was too far from the endangered shinobi.[lb2][/lb2]

He would move silently as any trained ANBU could and, eventually, the scene would begin to unfold before his very pitch black irised eyes. A lone man surrounded by 8 Hykals. One of them was slightly larger than the rest, indicating this was one the alpha of the pack. Hiroshi was facing the alpha, probably because he thought he could control the entire pack if he could create some level of dominance over him. Unfortunately for the shinobi that wasn’t working that well. The Ranger Lord knew that by killing the alpha there was a chance for the rest of the pack to scatter, though there were recordings of a new alpha being selected on the go until there were no Hykals left. The probability that they would be forced to slaughter them all was quite high. A single Hykal was not a danger to a moderately trained shinobi. They only represented a serious menace when in numbers and against solitary opponents. The Deep Court Hybrid quickly devised a plan. He was going to ensnare the entire pack and kill the alpha male. The element of surprise would be lost once that was done and he would be unable to kill anything else before they reacted.[lb2][/lb2]

Vines would suddenly sprout from ground, ensnaring the entire pack. Growls and yelps would echo in the area as the canines tried to get loose. Kazuki would vanish, only to reappear on top of the alpha. Shadows would congregate around his right hand as his black bladed sword was conjured. As he landed, his sword would pierce the leading Hykal, breaking its spine and killing. As he removed the blade, the canine’s soul would be drained, leaving only a dried husk behind. ”Steel yourself, this is not over yet.”<i></i> the Senju Overlord would warn Hiroshi that the danger was still present. In fact, the Hykals were starting to free themselves from the snare they had been forced into. Reaper would be standing side by side with the AiT, sword in hand and ready to fight. Hiroshi would notice that older man had short silvery hair and his skin was incredibly pale. He was not near albinism but once could assume he was very sick, though he wasn’t at all. The Occult Sennin was wearing a black and gray robe with silvery trimmings and an open colar, along with a large, red, flowing toga drapped around his body and across his chest, black pants and black combat boots. The opening on his robe gave plenty of view to a tattoo on the White Wolf’s chest, a crimson tree stabbed by a sword, not that Hiroshi would notice until the threat to his life was over. There were two more things that the AiT would be able to grasp, now or later. First, Kazuki’s body emanated a deathly cold aura and that any shadows nearby would become livelier and would stretch themselves toward the Senju Overlord, as if they were trying to touch him.​
Black Omen
x0xsld.jpg
[lb][/lb]
Senju Kazuki – Occult Sennin[lb][/lb]
sand_sennin.gif

[tbody]
[/tbody]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
"Copy," Hiroshi responded to the incoming reinforcement via his headset. "Wait . . . Kazuki, as in The Occult Sennin, Senju Kazuki?" As he stood still, awestruck by the fact he had the honor of fighting alongside one of the most prestigious leaders of Sunagakure, the alpha Hykal capitalized on the trainee's lack of focus and lunged towards him, its maw full of teeth eager to draw first blood. Fortunately none other than the Sennin himself arrived and ensnared the entire pack just before they could maul the relatively inexperienced ANBU.

After Kazuki delivered the coup de grace to the first alpha and warned Hiroshi to stay on his guard, the rest of the pack was already freeing themselves and were ready to resume their attack. The towering almost seven-foot man simply nodded and adopted a more evasive stance; despite being ashamed of his momentary lapse of attention, he knew wasting both this and the Sennin's time would by apologizing now would be disadvantageous.

"I'll provide assistance however I can," Hiroshi ensured Kazuki just as the remaining seven Hykals--who by now were already free from the Sennin's vines---began to focus their entire attention against the more threatening of the two shinobi. As five of them lunged at his ally one at a time, Hiroshi intercepted each of them with a quick jab, critically exposing all five to Kazuki's next attack against them. However, the remaining two had already set their sights on Hiroshi, leaving him only enough time to switch his body with a Kawarimi target once against their combined assault.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Table Title
"Copy," Hiroshi would answer back after learning help was on its way. "Wait . . . Kazuki, as in The Occult Sennin, Senju Kazuki?” the AiT would inquire after realizing the one assisting him was one the Sennin of Sunagakure. ”The one and the same.”</GLOW><i></i> Kazuki would reply after killing the alpha of the pack. "I'll provide assistance however I can." the taller man would note. The Senju Overlord would shake his head in return. ”No, I expect that you do more than that.”<i></i> Perhaps it was a bit harsh from the White Wolf’s part, but he was helping a grown shinobi, not a helpless kid. Five hykals decided to have a meal with Reaper’s body, while two opted for the, apparently, weaker foe. Before any of them could hit the Occult Sennin, the AiT would hit each and everyone one of those five, critically exposing them to Kazuki. The Deep Court Hybrid would muster his chakra and he would launch 4 massive fireballs shaped as dragon heads. Two of the attacking Hykals immediately died, their bodies completely incinerated. Two others would be damaged and they would momentarily cower. The smell of burnt fear would overcome their noses as the battled dragged on. The last one attacking the Senju Overlord had not been targeted by the fire attack and thus followed through with it. Unfortunately for the hykal, Reaper was not defenseless as the AiT wasn't. Two logs would be destroyed as they evaded the incoming attacks. Because the White Wolf wanted to see Hiroshi in action, he would refrain from further attacks and he would just suck a portion of each hykal out. <GLOW glow="darkred">"Show me what you have got. I will watch your back."
Black Omen
x0xsld.jpg
[lb][/lb]
sand_sennin.gif

[tbody]
[/tbody]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Unmei howled with laughter within Hiroshi as Kazuki practically threw the grunt to the proverbial wolves. "Are you sure you don't want my help, pup?" she teased her host as the two Hykal that had originally attacked the trainee attempted to flank him.

Ignoring the Dread Wolf's sarcastic query for now, the man's hand quickly flew into a flurry of hand signs before remotely constraining one of his would-be assailants and hurling the poor canine into the the path of the other's attack. As the two collided with each other in mid-air and then with the ground in a disoriented state, Hiroshi turned his attention to the last Hykal, who had by now lost interest in the practically unassailable Kazuki and now rushed towards the towering, yet inexperienced man. Despite being able to grasp that attacking the Sennin had proved fatal for two of them and near fatal for another two, the remaining one seemed incapable of understanding why that was as it leapt towards the weaker shinobi and was met with a devastatingly explosive fist to its muzzle. The overwhelming force from Hiroshi's counter attack shattered his victim's skull in thousands of fragments and sent its remains--along with its contents--in all directions, splattering all in the area with singed blood and bone.

The ANBU trainee returned his focus towards the two relatively unharmed mocking dogs as the mess and cacophony brought them back to their senses. These two were a bit wiser though, one opting to circle Hiroshi in an attempt to find the perfect opportunity to strike as the other darted back and forth, feinting an attack in hopes of Hiroshi taking the bait. However, as amusing as this fight might have been, the man was ready to end the debacle once and for all as he deliberately exposed his calf to the more passive foe. Wincing ever so slightly as its teeth sank deep into his flesh, Hiroshi smirked as he caught the more aggressive Hykal in its mid-air leap and slammed its body into the earth until it no longer breathed. After bearing witness to such brutality, the remaining Hykal started shaking its head in a vain attempt to cripple him and inspire the two cowering from the Kazuki's demonstration of power. Unfortunately, it would be a fatal mistake as Hiroshi inscribed a volatile seal at his feet and combusted it in a blazing inferno, incinerating the flesh from his last opponent in a matter of seconds and causing a mild discomfort for him.

With only the two incapacitated mocking dogs remaining, Hiroshi glared at each of them, knowing well that he had more than justified his superiority to them by now, and practically roared at them, sending them scurrying as best as they could away from the bodies of their comrades. But Hiroshi had reached his limit; his adrenaline was nearly depleted and the vicious wound he suffered just minutes ago was bleeding out as he limped over to each of the five bodies and uttered a short prayer commending their souls to a more benevolent afterlife.

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Table Title
Hiroshi’s offensive was brutal and effective. He downed his opponents as expected but, to do so, he had allowed himself to be attacked so he could strike on that Hykal. Although successful, it was a reckless move, foolish even. Against a stronger opponent, the AiT could have forfeited his life just to attempt to garner a meager advantage. Yes, he had still won the encounter, but if he persisted in pursuing such tactics, his life wouldn’t be a long one. Kazuki silently watched as the survivors scurried away before approaching the younger shinobi. His left hand would be engulfed in green healing chakra. ”Stand.”<i></i> the Senju Overlord would order. If the AiT was to compel, the White Wolf would try to heal Hiroshi. First he was going to stop the bleeding, unless it was too severe, and then he would restore some the man’s health back. ”Do you always fight like that?”<i></i> he would question after taking some steps back to create some distance between them. ”That was reckless and may cost your life and that of your future companions. If you have to offer yourself to garner a window of opportunity, then you are not fighting well. Creating windows of opportunity to strike one’s enemy is key to winning a fight, but you cannot use yourself as sacrifice for that. Did you see me doing that?”<i></i>[lb2][/lb2]

For a shinobi, the key process of understanding one’s thinking path is to watch them fight. By seeing how Hiroshi faced the threat, the Occult Sennin made a reasonable assessment of the taller man. Despite its incredible size, the AiT lacked experience and still needed training. ”What were you doing here?”<i></i> Reaper would question. ”This area is off limits until the HQ is rebuilt.”<i></i>[lb2][/lb2][MFT - 291]
Black Omen
x0xsld.jpg
[lb][/lb]
sand_sennin.gif

[tbody]
[/tbody]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
As Kazuki healed his leg and chastised him for his reckless offense, Hiroshi narrowed his eyes and inhaled deeply as Unmei practically begged to be let loose upon the world.

"'Did you see me doing that?'" the Dread Wolf within the towering ANBU trainee mocked silently as the latter did all he could to remain composed. "You hardly did anything!"

"Enough, Unmei-sama," Hiroshi wordlessly requested of his inner demon. "I'm sure he had his reasons."

"You should rip his throat out!"

Disgusted by this horrid suggestion, Hiroshi sighed and looked at the three Hykals whose lives the Sennin had managed to claim. While both had slain three of them each, Kazuki had been skilled enough to do so without endangering either him or the less experienced trainee, whereas the latter had twice put his own life in jeopardy.

"His words do have some meaning to them," Hiroshi attempted to placate Unmei. "Besides, even if he wasn't my Sennin, I wouldn't dare strike him. He's a loyal Sunagakurian and a powerful ally."

Unmei simply growled within him, concluding the brief internal exchange as Hiroshi finally exhaled and answered Kazuki.

"No, I don't always fight like that. But I also don't always fight multiple foes at once either. As for why I am here in the first place, I wanted to help with the reconstruction project in any way I could. Unfortunately, I'm also unfamiliar with this part of Sunagakure so I admittedly lost my way by taking what I thought was the most direct route."

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Table Title
Kazuki had chastised the younger shinobi for his reckless tactics. Yes, he had managed to kill three Hykals, the same number as the Senju Overlord, but with greater cost. Hiroshi would sigh as he watched the corpses while the Occult Sennin healed him. Perhaps he was coming to the same conclusion, same number of deaths, but with a greater risk associated. Moments later, Reaper heard the AiT exhaling and then an answer finally came. "No, I don't always fight like that. But I also don't always fight multiple foes at once either. As for why I am here in the first place, I wanted to help with the reconstruction project in any way I could. Unfortunately, I'm also unfamiliar with this part of Sunagakure so I admittedly lost my way by taking what I thought was the most direct route." After finishing his patch work, the White Wolf would take a few steps back. "You should see a medic. I have done what I can but I am not specialized in medicine."</GLOW><i></i> he would advise. Kazuki's medical skill was rudimentary at best and the wound was nasty. Sure, it looked a little less nasty now, but there was no way to tell how many bacteria the Hykals carried.[lb2][/lb2]The Deep Court Hybrid would motion for the AiT to follow him as they walked toward the construction site. "It is good to know your fighting style does not revolve around throwing yourself into harms way to gain some sort of advantage. It may work for you but it also severely shortens your lifespan."<i></i> the Senju Overlord would note. <GLOW glow="darkred">"Why are you interested in the reconstruction effort?"[lb2][/lb2][MFT - 275]
Black Omen
x0xsld.jpg
[lb][/lb]
sand_sennin.gif

[tbody]
[/tbody]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank
Hiroshi chuckled lightly as he tested the crudely healed leg out, finding it suitable enough to follow Kazuki with just a trivial amount of pain. "Ah, this is but a minor flesh wound. You should have seen me after I got crushed by a gravity jutsu," he bragged about his innate resilience, recalling the incident in the Toraono Dojo not too long ago. "But thank you, Kazuki-sennin; if you hadn't healed me at all, I'd probably be bleeding until I passed out, then who knows what else would be taking a bite out of me!" Perhaps it was the blood loss that was putting the normally stern man in such a jovial mood; perhaps it was the absence of adrenaline pushing his will to survive against the pack that did so. Regardless of why he felt such whimsy in the presence of the Occult Sennin himself, however, Hiroshi swiftly regained his composure as the Senju continued to evaluate his fighting style.

"I guess there are some things that are worth dying for," he shrugged, barely believing his own defense as he followed behind the Sennin. "This village and its people come before me, though I suppose I was the only one in danger there." While he honestly believed that saving everyone else took precedence over saving himself, he knew very well he couldn't do the former if he couldn't even do the latter; after all, perishing to a pack of mocking dogs would have only proved Kazuki's point right.

As the Sennin inquired about his interest in the reconstruction efforts, he raised an eyebrow towards the Sennin. "Isn't it obvious? I want to help restore peace to Kaze-no-Kuni and Sunagakure-no-Sato in any way I can; even if that means menial labor."

MFT: 291

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Table Title
"Ah, this is but a minor flesh wound. You should have seen me after I got crushed by a gravity jutsu. But thank you, Kazuki-sennin; if you hadn't healed me at all, I'd probably be bleeding until I passed out, then who knows what else would be taking a bite out of me!" Hiroshi would thank him. Kazuki would nod back. ”Hykals would be the least of your worries if that were to happen. Despite our best efforts, the Ranger’s Training areas are not the safest place inside Sunagakure. In fact, they are one of the most dangerous.”<i></i>[lb2][/lb2]

"I guess there are some things that are worth dying for. This village and its people come before me, though I suppose I was the only one in danger there." the AiT would reason. ”Indeed, you are correct. There are many meritorious reasons to die for, such as dying in the defense of your village. Dying, however, to a pack of Hykals for no reason, is definitely not one them. Do not attempt to traverse the Ranger’s training areas unless you have the proper training.”<i></i> As Ranger Lord, the Senju Overlord was in charge of rebuilding the Ranger Order and making sure no would fall prey to the untold dangers that lurked the former home of the Order of the greatest hunters of Sand. And he would be damned if he was going to allow anyone to get hurt or worse, killed while he was around.[lb2][/lb2]

"Isn't it obvious? I want to help restore peace to Kaze-no-Kuni and Sunagakure-no-Sato in any way I can; even if that means menial labor." was the taller man’s explanation for treading into the Ranger’s territory once asked by Reaper. They had finally reached the edge of the Ranger’s area. The construction site had been halted as the workforce was directed toward the gates of Sunagakure. The White Wolf would stare at Hiroshi for a while, pondering on something. He would let out a sigh as he finally reached a conclusion. ”If you want to do your part, then I am going to give you two missions. You are to go the Journeyman Hall and request their assistance in rebuilding the Ranger’s HQ. The second task is quite different and pertains to the Hykals we fought. Write me a detailed report about them. What they eat, how they behave, weaknesses, strengths, everything.”<i></i>[lb2][/lb2]

[MFT - 395]
!
Mission Proposal[lb][/lb]

C Rank Mission[lb][/lb]
Enlist the aid of the Journeyman Order in the reconstruction efforts for the destroyed Ranger HQ.

!
Mission Proposal[lb][/lb]

C Rank Mission[lb][/lb]
You have to study the Hykals inside the Ranger’s Training areas and write a detailed report about your findings.

Black Omen
x0xsld.jpg
[lb][/lb]
sand_sennin.gif

[tbody]
[/tbody]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A Rank

Hiroshi scratched his bearded chin as he contemplated the wisdom in Kazuki's words. Looking back at where the two shinobi had fought the pack of Hykals, the towering mountain of a man wondered just what the other man was considering as he stared at him; perhaps, despite his recklessness, Kazuki saw something worthwhile in him.[lb2][/lb2]

"Alright," he accepted the Sennin's proposals for how the trainee could do his part with a bow. "I will do as you ask of me, Kazuki-sennin." After he stood upright once more, he began to leave the grounds of the Order before stopping to return back to his leader. "Just had a thought regarding the Ranger training you mentioned--would you suggest I undergo the proper training before returning to this area? Or is that part of the training itself?"

!
Mission Accepted[lb][/lb]

C Rank Mission[lb][/lb]
Enlist the aid of the Journeyman Order in the reconstruction efforts for the destroyed Ranger HQ.
[lb2][/lb2]

!
Mission Accepted[lb][/lb]

C Rank Mission[lb][/lb]
You have to study the Hykals inside the Ranger’s Training areas and write a detailed report about your findings.

[tbody] [/tbody]

Senju Kazuki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Table Title
"Alright. I will do as you ask of me, Kazuki-sennin." Hiroshi would acquiesce. The younger men was making his out of the Ranger’s area when he stopped dead on his tracks and turned around. "Just had a thought regarding the Ranger training you mentioned--would you suggest I undergo the proper training before returning to this area? Or is that part of the training itself?" the AiT would inquire. Ironically, the answer was ambivalent. The training areas were places where Rangers trained and could hone their skills in controlled environments, so in a way, they had to go there to receive training. Still, before being allowed to enter alone, all ranger initiates received training from a senior Ranger and most entered those areas accompanied by an experienced Ranger before being allowed to venture solo. Nowadays, though, after the destruction of the Ranger’s HQ, the training areas had become untamed, wild beasts roamed the area, no longer under the scrutiny of the Order, hence why it was dangerous to be there. Something Hiroshi had learned firsthand.[lb2][/lb2]

The Senju Overlord would shrug his shoulders before committing himself to an answer. ”Both actually. Before the destruction of the HQ, any and each Ranger Initiate received basic training before being allowed to enter any of the biomes. And they only done so under the supervision of an experienced Ranger, until they were deemed skilled enough to do so alone. That was before these regions became untamed and uncontrolled by our hands. Nowadays, they are dangerous for anyone as you have experienced. Go perform the tasks I have set for you and only return when you have finished them.”<i></i> The White Wolf would turn around to leave but he would stop midway through. ”If you play your cards right, I will grant you the chance of joining the Ranger Order.”<i></i>[lb2][/lb2]

[Topic Left unless stopped][lb][/lb]
[MFT - 304]​
Black Omen
x0xsld.jpg
[lb][/lb]
sand_sennin.gif

[tbody]
[/tbody]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back