Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Return to Normalcy [Requesting Main Branch Sennin]

Rao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking the streets of Kumogakure filled Rao with an enriching feeling after being gone for so long. The streets are the veins of the village, and the main infrastructure the heart. Closing his eyes the green-haired Jounin felt the pulses of the village all around him. He smiled and open his eyes, “It’s nice to be home.” People of the village pushed passed him as he stood in the road, his eyes drawn to the ornately decorated Torre Celeste.

“Move” grumbled a villager.

“Oh, sorry pal…” said Rao as the villager roughly moved passed him.

“Cursed damn tourists, just a damn tower” Rao heard him say.

“Cold as it ever was I see” he said to himself, “Good thing I wore my warm coat.” Glancing at the tower again he smirked and started on the path towards the building. His hand ran across the faded and matted gray and black fur coat, and into the leather lined pocket. He withdrew his headband and wrapped it around his forehead, “Don’t want to forget that.”

With a lengthy stride he came to the entrance of the Torre Celeste. Pushing the doors open he entered the all too familiar hallways. Memories of past missions and experiences flowed through him with each step he took into the building. His live was this building, the fellow shinobis, and the village. A pride and self-certainness rose in him in. He could truly smile again, as this place felt like home.

He stopped and pushed his dark green hair away from his eyes. In front of him sat the general secretary for the Torre Celeste. Rao cleared his throat softly before speaking, “Hello, my name is Hokoro Rao I’m a Jounin. I have been on an extended leave of absence, but I’m back now. I need to speak with whomever is the Main Branch Sennin. Or anyone that is supposed to help me get back into the swing of things, y’know?” He flashed a smile at the secretary as he waited.

WC: 334
[MFT]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The secretary looked up as Rao cleared his throat, hurriedly pushing her manga underneath some paperwork and adopting a quick smile. "Oh hello! Sorry, I didn't hear you there," the secretary greeted him, taking quick glances to make sure her distraction was well hidden. As much as it pained her to stop, given that she had just gotten to a monumental cliffhanger, this was her job after all. She pulled herself together trying to reenter that professional state of mind as Rao introduced himself and explained his situation. It wasn't all that uncommon for shinobi to be given somewhat long breaks. After all, a shinobi went through a lot and sometimes it took time to process things. If they weren't given that time occasionally, most of them would probably go mad. Of course, many still did, but that was unavoidable. Often upon coming back they wished to speak with their Sennin- Ayumu had experienced a number of these meetings since entering his office. "I see. Let me see if he's available for you," the secretary replied as Rao finished. Pressing the button on her intercom corresponding to Ayumu's office, she called out to him.

"Kogami-sama. Jounin Hokoro Rao is here to see you," the intercom on Ayumu's desk buzzed. Ayumu's pen paused as he looked up from the mission request he was approving. He set the pen down and reached for his own intercom button to respond. "Thanks. Send him on up," Ayumu responded before reclining slightly in his chair. He yawned and removed his glasses, rubbing his eyes and then replacing his spectacles. Meetings were numerous, but they were a welcome break in the monotony of paperwork. Meanwhile below, the secretary instructed Rao to take the elevator to a certain floor and gave him directions down the hallway to the Main Branch Sennin's office. As he waited, Ayumu quickly hunched over and finished filling out the mission request before Rao arrived at the office doors. When a knock came, Ayumu sat back once more and placed his hands in his lap. "Enter," he called out, prompting Rao to walk in.

"What can I do for you?" Ayumu questioned, now that he and Rao were face to face.

Rao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Ah, well thanks,” Rao said to the secretary before heading to the elevator. The elevator seemed different than what he remembered, the soft music however, was the same. He pressed the button for his floor and was whisked away up the tower. The last time he was in this tower the Sennin was Takaki Masao, since his death there was a new Sennin appointed to the Main Branch. The job seemed to fluctuate every couple of years, high turnover was a common trait in the shinobi world. Meeting the new boss was as much part of being a Jounin as the dangerous missions. And he learned to always bring a secret weapon for such meetings. He patted a soft bulge in his jacket as a bell rang within the elevator, doors slid open for the Jounin as he exited.

He looked down the hall and spotted what appeared to be his destination. With a calmness that belied the anxiousness he felt Rao walked to the door. A long absence from shinobi life was not unheard of, after all he had earned the time off. However, there are always a few people that think it to be a weakness, hopefully the new Sennin wasn’t one. He stopped at the door to the office and raised his hand to knock, with a deep breath he exhaled and rapped the door.

“Enter”

Rao gave the handle a twist and entered the office. The new Sennin sat at his desk, paperwork spread out in front of him. Rao thought he seemed somewhat familiar, maybe they had met or seen each other in passing.

“What can I do for you?” The Sennin asked.

Rao smiled, “Sir, my name is Hokoro Rao. I’m sorry, but I don’t recall if we have met.” He paused for a moment before continuing. “I’ve been on leave for a while now -- traveled around the country some, visited the family in Raiden’s Eye, wallowed in the debauchery of Port Cirrus, and walked along the Spine of the World to the Nimbus Springs. It’s beautiful up there in summer…” He trailed off as the memories of his vacation came back to him. “Ah! Speaking of debauchery…” Rao slipped his slender fingers ominously into the inner pocket of his ragged coat. “I brought you something,” he said as his smile twisted mockingly. In a swift motion he withdrew his hand and revealed a large rounded bottle with a dark golden liquid and a bright crimson wax seal around the cap of the bottle. “Firewater Bourbon, they use melted ice from the Water country and mash of rice and corn grain from the Fire country. It’s barreled in chakra infused wood, from one of those wood guys. But barreled for twenty or so years. Gives it a layered taste of smoke… I got it from a foreign merchant at Port Cirrus. Hopefully it’s as good as he said, considering what I paid for it at least,” He smiled and placed the bottle on the desk in front of the Sennin, “My gift to you.”
Rao rocked back from the desk and stood at attention, “I’m back, relaxed and rested. Reporting for duty, sir.”

WC: 519
[mft]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu shook his head no as Rao debated over whether they had met before. To his recollection this was the first time, which wasn't all that rare. Given that Ayumu had spent a significant amount of time in the ANBU branch before being placed in the position of Main Branch Sennin, there were many who did not know him in his current branch and vice versa. Ayumu crossed his legs and got comfortable as Rao began speaking about his travels. It sounded amazing and Ayumu couldn't help but find himself jealous of the Jounin's trip. When was the last time that he had taken a vacation? Sadly there was little time for that as a Sennin. It was one of the less glamorous aspects that Sennin hopefuls often didn't think about. Ayumu cocked an eyebrow as Rao reached into his pocket and then smiled as he produced a fancy bottle filled with amber liquid. He supposed there were some perks to being the Sennin after all. He listened interestedly as Rao described the process of creating the fine specimen of alcohol. It sounded like a lot of effort went into it. He wasn't sure how much of it was actually important to the final quality, but it looked good. Ayumu turned the bottle around as it was sat on his desk so he could inspect the label.

"Well, now. This is much appreciated. I might just have to make it policy for all shinobi to bring me back a souvenir from their travels! At any rate, it's good that you're back. We can never have enough Jounin around. Too many these days satisfied to squander their talent on lower ranks, sadly," Ayumu lamented, considering a few specific examples of the recent phenomenon. Thankfully there were still some out there who had reached for more, like Rao. "So, is there something specific that brings you here, or did you just want to introduce yourself?" Ayumu questioned, wondering if Rao needed something. It was far from uncommon for shinobi to come and introduce themselves. Many had done so recently, and Ayumu always appreciated the chance to know his shinobi a little better on an individual level.

[OoC: Really sorry about the delay, life has been busy recently.]

Rao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well, now. This is much appreciated. I might just have to make it policy for all shinobi to bring me back a souvenir from their travels! At any rate, it's good that you're back. We can never have enough Jounin around. Too many these days satisfied to squander their talent on lower ranks, sadly," the Sennin lamented.

"Well, the promotions were mainly battlefield promotions during the civil war, helps to be the last one standing eh?" Rao responded with a smirk. "I'd be lying if said I didn't enjoy it however, more money for bottles like that after all."

"So, is there something specific that brings you here, or did you just want to introduce yourself?" Ayumu questioned.

Rao paused for a moment and rubbed his chin, "I just thought it would be important for us to meet, understand each other a little bit more then names on paper, y'know?" He rested his hand back at his side and relaxed out of attention. "You can read most of my record in my files I'm sure, but I'll tell ya the important bits. I spent most of my time on combat missions, leading up to and during the civil war mainly. Participated a bit in that mess with Bear and Marsh country. Lead the assault team that helped capture Castle Nagamasa, and protected the Chancellor Tachibana Ami from Tanaka Daishi. I left shortly after that, before our last Sennin died." He said. Rao regretted his decision to take leave at that time, and even though it felt right, he couldn't stop the nagging feeling that he could have helped more.

He sighed softly, regretting the past and the loss of lives is common for a Jounin. His hand itched for a moment as his mind turned the metal flask in his coat, it was a good medicine for memories. In the past it had proved too good of a medicine, his vacation helped alleviate most of those indulgences. The itches and urges were proving to be something he would constantly battle. "I wish I could’ve been there to help in the end, but the past is the past I suppose," Rao said as he shrugged meekly.

"Beyond the combat related stuff, I don't have all that much interesting to share I suppose. No relatives here, just in Raiden's Eye. Though I think my little brother will be coming out here pretty soon, he seemed pretty set on it," Rao said, remembering how much his brother had grown, and the little fireball of personality he seemed to be. "Oh -- I also like long walks on the beach, and candle-lit bar rooms," He said as a sardonic smile spread across his face. "I think that about sums me up. I'd like to hear from you about the branch, what has changed that kind of thing. Also, where do you think I’d fit in after my break, I don't have an inclination one way or another, just anywhere you need help is fine by me."

[OoC: No problem, I completely understand]

WC: 426
MFT

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu nodded as Rao commented about promotions during the civil war. Coincidentally, Ayumu had also been promoted to Jounin during that war for showing ability to lead when his unit had been separated from their squad leader. It seemed like a long time ago. He had gone through many ranks since then: ANBU Trainee, ANBU, ANBU Sennin... and now the Main Branch Sennin. Many years had passed, but in the grand scheme of things he supposed it wasn't all that long ago. Ayumu shook his head as if to shake away the thoughts of the past and return to the present. Rao explained that he had asked for this meeting to get to know his Sennin better and vice versa. "Fair enough," Ayumu replied understandingly. There was a reason he was accepting to these meetings. He did want the shinobi of his branch to know him, and in turn he wanted to be able to put a name to their faces if not more. Ayumu listened intently as Rao went over a brief synopsis of his career. It sounded a bit like Ayumu's time in the Main Branch- filled with plenty of action.

He spoke of leaving just before the last Sennin died. Ayumu assumed naturally that he was speaking of Masao and not Hikari who was still very much alive nor Natsu who was decidedly less alive in his comatose state but alive nonetheless. It was hard being there when Masao died. Ayumu had been only minutes short of arriving in time to stop him from plummeting over an edge with Enishi to their deaths. He cursed himself for not being faster that day. He still remembered finding Natsu, frozen by Masao's jutsu so that Masao could face Enishi alone. It was similarly hard when Shin and Daisuke died. Ayumu had been out of active duty due to injury but that did not stop him from wishing he had been there to do something. He was familiar with the regret he could see in Rao's eyes as he sighed. "We all would have been there to stop it if we could have," Ayumu said, nodding solemnly.

Moving on from the topic of tragic deaths, Rao told of his brother who showed interest in coming to Kumogakure, although Ayumu wasn't sure if it was to visit or enroll at the Academy. Ayumu chuckled at Rao's mention of long walks on the beach and bars lit up with candles. "Candles can really class a place up," Ayumu mentioned, smirking. He was glad Rao had a good sense of humor. Too often shinobi were very grim, joyless people that seldom cracked a smile. You couldn't blame them, given the lifestyle, but it was always refreshing to see someone who didn't fit that mold. Now Rao had questions for Ayumu as he looked for updates on the branch and where he might fit in. Ayumu scratched his cheek as he thought of how to start.

"Hmm, nothing has changed too drastically. The Main Branch is still the largest in the village and we provide the widest variety of services. So that said, I'm sure there is some place where you'll fit in nicely. Where that is depends on what you're in to, I suppose... What's your interest in? Teaching? Spywork? Gate duty? Assassination?" Ayumu asked, curious how Rao saw himself. There were a variety of divisions, so he was sure that they could find one he might like to see himself in.

Rao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rao nodded as he listened to the Sennin give an update on the branch. He smiled upon hearing that nothing really changed, hopefully it wouldn't be too hard to slip back into his regular role. What would his role be now though? The Sennin wanted to know where his head was at, what did he want to do? His time in the main branch had historically been in roles that were combat related, that would likely fall under the umbrellas of assassination or gate duty. He couldn't picture himself teaching, being responsible for the education of the up and comers was too much of a hassle. Spywork required a finesse that he felt he lacked.

He pulled at the collar of his coat loosening it slightly. It felt uncomfortable asking to join a division where assassination was mission, but he knew himself. In the absence of adrenaline inducing work he would lose himself and becoming a lethargic wreck. Many shinobi were the same. They couldn’t handle a civilian life without the internal buzz and excitement gained from life threatening situations. Rao saw it on the faces of retired shinobi, he knew it to be a challenge he would have to face and overcome one day. But not yet, not today, he couldn't imagine a life where he wasn't fighting for his village.

"Well… wet work, and black bag type operations are generally up my alley. I've always found myself in that line of work after all. I did a lot of gate work when I was first raised to a Genin, before I took part in much of the war activities. Don't know how well suited I am to the other areas," Rao said to the seated Sennin. "To be fair however, I've never really given them much of a chance," He said with a shrug.

WC:308
[mft]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu pushed his fingers together as he watched Rao think for a moment and then respond. As Ayumu expected, you seemed more interested in the areas of the Main Branch that were generally associated with action. Truth be told, all areas saw action on missions- it was just the nature of the work. However, the gate guards of the Deathwatch and the Merces Letifer were the two divisions that most shinobi that were looking for combat ended up. Rubbing the light stubble on his face, Ayumu considered what to say to Rao. "If that's the work you feel most called to, then perhaps the Merces Letifer is for you. As you know, that is the Main Branch's... wetwork division. They specialize in elimination with discretion," Ayumu said, deciding to play along with Rao by not outright saying "assassination".

"On the other hand, if you're of a gentler nature you can get some of the same thrills as part of the KSIS without as much blood. They specialize in infiltration and... pretty much everything else covert that isn't assassination," Ayumu explained, only realizing too late that he had slipped up and failed to exclude using the a-word this time. Ironic when he wasn't even talking about the assassination division this time. There were other options, but if he was interested in that kind of work there was nothing wrong with joining one of the two divisions. After all, the branch needed shinobi in all the divisions. None of them got any preferential recruitment right now.

"So which of those sounds more appealing to you?" Ayumu asked, curious what Rao was more drawn to. Neither division was going to be an easy job to undertake, but Rao was a Jounin. If he had made it that far, he was likely to be a good fit for either.

Rao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Rao smiled as he listened to the Sennin layout the options of the branches open to him. He always found it funny how the assassination outfit of the village was named Merces Letifer. Merces sounded like too much like mercy to his ear. Surely it had a basis in a dead language he didn’t know. Nonetheless He found himself smiling at the connection between the word mercy and the Merces Letifer branch, some people could say they provided a kind of mercy.

“I think the best choice for me right now is the Merces Letifer. Don’t need one of your spies getting too drunk at the bar and spilling his secrets to the first lady with a decent waist-to-hip ratio,” said Rao mirthfully. “Not that that has ever happened mind you – just need to ones limits y’know?” He said. “Ah but thinking about it now – it may be hard to kill my metaphorical lady with the nice figure. Ugh, it’s the true perils of the Merces Letifer… hoping the one person willing in the bar isn’t your target.” He winked at the Sennin as he playfully went through the scenario.

“I suppose that Jounin pay can get me willingness at the next bar though,” said Rao as he cocked his head to the side, mocking a thinking pose. “Yes, that’ll do. Whew… Crisis averted.” He straightened his head and feigned wiping sweat from his brow. “Really though, I think the Merces Letifer would be best for me. The ultimate decision is up to you of course, but I think that would good.”

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu chuckled at Rao's antics as he spoke of metaphorical troubles in the bar, ones that he was sure Rao never truly had issues with. After all, shinobi were cold calculating men and women who had no time for distractions found in the opposite sex, right? Fortunately for Rao, the Main Branch didn't have the same overly strict regulations that Ayumu's predecessor as ANBU Sennin had implemented in his branch. So long as Rao wasn't letting it get in the way of his missions he was free to peruse the bars for a good time all he wanted.

"Well I'm glad you worked out a game plan for just such a perilous possibility," Ayumu commented with a smirk before Rao continued, getting a little more serious. He was open to the idea of joining the Merces Letifer, though he wanted to leave the final decision to Ayumu. Sometimes, shinobi felt called to divisions their skills didn't entirely align with, but knowing what Ayumu did from Rao's record and speaking with him, this sounded like the best match. Time would tell if that was entirely true, but Ayumu had a good feeling.

"Well then, we'll get the necessary paperwork to you soon before it inevitably ends up on my desk, but unofficially: welcome to the Merces Letifer," Ayumu said, nodding at Rao affirmatively. Now that it was decided, Ayumu felt that he had held Rao up in this thread meeting for long enough. He was sure the Jounin had many other things he wanted to do. "Well, if that's all, then I suppose I'll say good day?" Ayumu said. Not that he was rushing Rao out, of course, but simply giving him the opportunity to head out if he wished or stay if he had further questions or concerns.

[OoC: I'm so sorry about the delay. Real life got very busy what with me getting married and going on a honeymoon. If you'd like to wrap up the meeting now that's cool otherwise you can stick around if you want to RP longer. I promise to post faster now that life's returned mostly to normal.]
[Topic Left if Rao leaves.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back