Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Returning to where it started [Private]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sabaku had been out of recovery for a short while now, he had mostly stayed at home with his parents catching up on lost family time and just being together in general. To him it seemed like only a short time since he had seen them, but he knew that for them it was an agonizingly long time. In any case he had mended the lost relationship with his parents and was grateful to be awake and alive. His parents still had shinobi dutys to perform. They left him home alone while they went and did their respective missions.

Alone again... Sabaku thought. He wasn't overly fond of being alone, it wasn't that he didn't like it... he just preferred the joyous company of friends. So Sabaku decided to go for a walk and see where the day led him, after all he was freshly out of recuperation and they haven't assigned him any missions yet, nor had they told him to return to school. So why not make the best of today and venture out to the great city and see what he can find to do.

The skys were mostly cloudy with only a few rays of sun piercing through. The wind was blowing softly past his hair. It air smelled of rain, perhaps it would rain soon? It was pretty cool today, nothing to bad but just a pleasant crisp day. The dew was still fresh on the foliage around Sabaku's house. the Birds were chirping and the children were playing. It seemed that today would turn out to be a very good day.

With a skip in his step he made his way through town, stopping here and there to see what the small shops had to offer, buying a cool drink and some rice buns for a snack. As he ate he saw something in the distance that made him feel nostalgic. It was the temple of Five. Sabaku remembered from when he had just started in school, coming here for his first mission. There is really nothing like reminiscing on times past. With a smile on his face he quickly made his way towards the structure.

It was exactly like he remembered, full of energy and mystery. Shaman and common folk alike walked the grounds, Sabaku was polite and showed respect to each as needed. Sabaku would take stand in the middle of the area between each elemental room and just stand there... Thinking of things past, present and future. All the times he had done and accomplished, the hard times he had to face, and the mystery of what laid in store for him. Sabaku decided to stay for a bit wandering the grounds and walking from room to room examining each element. Each room had a slight hum to it, almost as if he could feel the energy emanating from them. Sabaku would remain here until something happened, whether it be a friend or simply enough time passing by. Either way this is where he would spend his afternoon. What lied in store for Sabaku has yet to reveal itself...

[OOC- WC: 518]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Chaos. Unease. Darkness. The Village of Iwa seemed torn and crippled. It was losing face, and none seemed able to give direction. The Kage pushed for a war that few wanted. Foreign shinobi forced themselves in like rats flocking to a corpse. Their own shinobi swallowed in disagreement. A village built from the very land of rocks, seemed unstable. The irony was almost laughable, was the issue at hand not serious. Megami had done something that she had been neglecting for a long time. She made her way to the Temple of Five, her armor making small taps against the marble floors. The rooms were dimly lit, but enough to see into. The elements were represented here. Fire, Water, Earth, Wind, Lightning. She felt attachment to one of these elements, but this was not what she was looking for. She stepped up to a wall, and pressed in one of the oddly shaped stones, a hidden passage sliding open. She stepped inside, leaving the door open for now as to not get locked in. Once inside, there was a small circular room, with a skylight. The soft white glow fell upon an altar. On it, she placed her sword, and kneeled. "Bohyně, lidé ztrácejí víru. Chaos je panující. Jak mohu jim pomoci? She placed her hand over her chest, and bowed her head as she uttered these words. Bojuji chránit nevinné, jako bojovník. Ale lidé ztratili naději." Megami breathed, pausing for an answer. The Goddess was not always responsive, but as of recently, ever since her bond had strengthened with the Kami's of the realm, she could hear her more clearly. Perhaps this was all it took.

After a few moments, a light, melodic voice was heard in her mind. "My champion, you were selected by me because I believe you are capable of protecting this world, of making the sacrifices needed to save others. Chaos will always exist, as mankind is flawed and corrupt. But all those who do no wrong, who cannot defend themselves, who fall victim to the ways of evil, need to know that someone is fighting for them, saving them. Do not lose faith." Megami let out a small breath, she felt calm, and enlightened. The Goddess left behind a feeling of warmth, safety. She stood, removing her sword from the altar and placing it upon her back. This was her time of peace. Turning to the Goddess reminded her of her purpose. Her sister Hana gave her the reason for that purpose. Hana was the face of every innocent civilian, every victimized individual. She fought to keep her sister safe and happy, give her the life she deserved, and make up for the poor hand they had been dealt in the beginning. This was her focus.

Turning around, she headed down the small corridor and stepped into the middle of the temple, the entrance to all the corridors that led to the elements. She walked with a more relaxed air about her, as opposed to the tense one she had seemed to be growing in to with all the tension going around. Her eyes caught a boy standing in the center, looking towards the rooms. Standing before him, her voice soft, she alerted him to her presence. "Many find this place to be a sanctuary, a retreat to find answers. Have you come looking for something?" She stepped up towards him, giving a small smile. "It's good to see you're doing better, since getting out of the hospital." The Guardian turned to look at the other entrances, feeling a small energy stream coming from both, each the embodiment of different variations of feeling and emotions. She wondered what he had come for, just as she came to seek guidance from the Goddess.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The light pierced through the now clearing skys, filling the temple with a radiant ambient glow. Sabaku had taken refuge in the center of the room. At first he had only been curious and came to check out the temple again. Though now it seems he felt as if he needed to do something, feel something, be something. Sabaku's head was lost in perplexed thought about what he was feeling. So much so that he had failed to notice Light appear seemingly out of nowhere and stand beside him. Her voice had startled him and sent a jolt of adrenaline through his system.

OH! You scared me Light ha ha. He said, attempting to laugh off the fact she scared the wits out him. Yes, I do feel better, well enough take on you maybe... He jested playfully. On a more serious note he wasn't entirely sure why he had been here for so long, it must have been a few hours since he had arrived... Actually I'm not really sure what i'm looking for... This comment brought strange feelings into his heart. He felt like he needed to find something, something to fight for. On my way here, I saw happy people. Merchants and townsfolk alike. But... Light seemed like the type to console in with these deep feelings that Sabaku felt. On the outside he was a happy fun loving kid who was seemingly always in a good mood. Though this was not always the case... I haven't been around for very long but... I can see the wickedness in us, after all that is the reason we train to become shinobi... to train and learn so that we can protect our village from evil people that mean to harm us. But I just can't help but feel like there is more we could do, more we could say....something to better rid ourselves of this evil. I want to protect everyone, but i don't know how.

This all sounds very depressing but in fact that wasn't the direction he meant it to go, it might have just been some maturity showing through or perhaps his near death experience. Whatever the case may be he knew that evil was out there and growing. People put on a front, saying how good they are or how nothing was wrong. But Sabaku was starting to see through the vale. But this didn't turn him towards the darkness, this discovery only made him want to help those who couldn't help themselves. If he had the power and capability to help then why shouldn't he? It seemed like the right thing to do...

But... when I look at you I see hope, like you could make a difference. I don't know where this is coming from but you seem.... you seem like you can help me become great enough to help protect everybody from the darkness within and in the world. Sabaku recalled the conversation they had in the hospital, Sabaku wanted to be strong enough to make a difference in this world, and Light was the one that could make these wishes come to fruition. Light, I am ready to train under you, I am ready to give myself to the cause of our people... Whatever it takes i'm willing to give twice that to become what it takes to help this world become a better place and to fully protect this village...inside and out... It felt good to say these things, as if a weight had been lifted off his chest he could feel his own darkness peeling away. He could feel energy pulsing through his body, energy he would use to protect the innocent and others that could not do so themselves... Sabaku would become the greatest Shinobi someday... He just knew it...

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Though appeared to be in fairly good health since getting out of the hospital, Megami felt a shift in Sabaku. His heart was wavering. Megami knew this all too well. He looked at those around him, and wondered why there were people who thrived on bitterness, corruption, anger, manipulation. It was sickening. Those people weren't happy, they just hated their own lives, envious of others. Megami doubted that Sabaku would come to that realization at his current age, but that did not mean there could not be growth. And she was happy to see he wanted to rid the world of these kinds of people, strive for happiness, strive for betterment. She would help him, with all of her ability. She moved to place her hand on his shoulder and look him in the eye, her expression completely serious, but compassionate. "Sabaku, there is evil in this world, unlike any that you have seen, and it can come from anyone, at anytime. Guardians protect the lives of those who cannot protect themselves. We look out for every person who has not become corrupt by power, greed, vengeance, and vanity. There is darkness in all of us, demons in all of us, but Guardians make the sacrifice to take on the burden of other's. I can't say the same of the ANBU, as they are a new way, but Guardians serve not because we feel the need for glory, but because we honor our people and give every one of them a chance for a better life. We give people hope." She removed her hand, and went to unsheathe her sword. She displayed to Sabaku the weapon that had been granted to her by the Goddess. A weapon that was illuminating in radiant light, pouring from it's edges.

She allowed Sabaku to see the name of the Goddess inscribed on the length of the holy sword. The Goddess gave her a sense of duty, and strength. But she also brought Megami a sense of peace. "Many these days seem to have lost their faith in the Old Gods, but I know they exist. The Goddess gives me guidance and strength. I am her Warrior, but I am still just a person serving a greater cause. And they can help you too Sabaku. Come with me." Megami replaced her sword and would go to lead Sabaku into the room she had just come from. She stood in front of a small scrying pool, Sabaku would most likely think it was a birdbath. She gestured for Sabaku to stand across from her, if he indeed followed. "I know you have what it takes to be a protector of this village. So, I'll mentor you, guide you, but your success is reliant on what you do. Doing this job, being these kinds of people, it takes a strong will, and reassurance in yourself." Megami paused, allowing the message to sink in. She knew this next part would be a driving key factor into what course of training Sabaku would need to go into. It was different for everyone, but she knew this part was crucial for any potential Guardian to hear. "What do you love, more than anything in this world?" It was a serious question, a very personal question, but it must be answered.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The thoughts buzzed around his mind, his heart fluttered, his pulse quickened. The words that Light spoke sounded both relieving and worrisome. As a Guardian he could help, but there was still yet more evil out there that he could never imagine. As Sabaku listened with ever immersed attention, he didn't only hear the words, he listened... and felt them. The sacrifice he would need to make might have seemed like a steep price, but for the lives and safety of the village he would surely do anything.
It was then she revealed her brilliant weapon, it shimmered and glowed like nothing Sabaku had ever seen. She had received this weapon from some goddess. Sabaku had heard of the Old Gods and was interested in knowing more about them, they never really taught anything about them in school and rarely heard from his parents about the matter. But were the Gods truly real? They had to be if Light possessed this magical instrument, coming from a goddess herself. (insert name) read the magnificent blade, it was not one that he had heard about, hopefully Light would enlighten him more about this goddess.
Light re-sheathed her sword and lead Sabaku into a room that he had never known to be here, he wondered if they were allowed to be in here... or maybe this was Lights secret hideout. In the room was what looked like some sort of birdbath, though this being a holy place for the old gods and elements he was pretty sure that wasn't the case... besides, where are the birds if it was one... This is when the moment happened, the moment that would forever change the course of Sabaku's life. She agreed to mentor him, show him the path of righteousness and how to help the village to strive for hope and prosperity.
There was only one thing he needed to do now, and that was to say what he loved most... But what did he love most? Yes he loved his friends and family, he loved to train, to run and play. He loved to meet new people and see the hope in those who think they have lost it forever. But the thing he loved most... Our people... Saying the words surprised himself, he never really thought about what he loved most but when confronted with the question it was the only thing he could think. After all, it is the duty of a shinobi to protect his village, and the Guardians took that one step further... Sabaku felt as if he needed to perhaps go further then that one day... That is what I love most, the people of this village need saviors like you Light... and I intend to become one to, together we can bring hope to the people of Iwa... He was silent afterwords, waiting for some additional input from his new mentor.

[OOC WC:483, MFT]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Taking a deep breath, deeper than many, she slowly breathe out. Slowly, she placed her hands on the scrying pool, and a light glow poured into it. "Ukaž mu." After a few seconds, a breeze rippled through the small room, blowing her hair to the side. "Budiž." Suddenly the pool, illuminated by the light became as black as night. An image started to swirl within it's depths. Lightning and storm clouds rippled just beneath the surface. As it cleared, within the ripples of the water, it could be seen a replica of Iwagakure, overtaken by conflict. Thousands lie dead on the ground, many bleeding while many fight an effortless battle against an unnamed villain. The scrying pool changes scenes and focuses on a man and his young daughter. The man appears to be poor, and his daughter is dying of starvation. Another scene change shows a woman being kidnapped in broad daylight, and no one blinks an eye. As the pool swirled once more, it returned to it's normal clear watery state. Megami let the silence remain for a few moments, as the glimpses were both concerning and heartbreaking. "That was nothing more than an illusion. A scrying dish shows you glimpses of what could happen. You love the people, so it showed you what would happen without us. Though it is possible that these events still occur with us in existence, or they don't happen at all without us, it is only a possibility. The suffering of the people, is one many do not wish to experience." Megami grew quite. Suddenly from within the pool, there was a swirl of light. It came together, overbearingly so, and took the shape of a small bird like figure.

Megami held a special bond with the Kami's of the realm, and she knew of this creature all too well. It was a special kind of chick. It's feathers were made of pure light, and were known to be used in powerful healing remedies. They came in many colors, and had many properties, but they were a sign of hope, innocence, and purity. Sometimes she would just randomly come across one, other times they flocked around her. It depended on the situation, as it was always random. The small chick looked up at Sabaku and chirped. "This is a holy chick, born of light. Rumors suggest they are created from hope, or joy. You can name him if you'd like." The chick tilted it's head as if understanding it was being talked about. Megami would give Sabaku the chance to interact with the chick if he wanted, but shortly after she would finish what needed to be said. "We can make the impossible possible, if we really believe we can. What do you believe, Sabak? In your heart? In your soul? I already know you're strong enough to be a guardian, would you like to train with me, right now, on your spiritual side, your protective instinct?" She would wait for his next response to determine her actions.

[spoilername="Translations"]1 - Show him.
2 - So be it.[/spoilername]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After answering Light's question she reached into the small pool of water. After speaking some strange words the waters shifted in place. The water turned a most foul color and begun to swirl with the wrath of a sea storm. Then it parted and revealed horrors beyond imagination. Every depiction worse then the last. Thankfully the images didnt last long and the waters returned to normal. I think I understand what could happen without us. It would be a sad fate to see this day ever come. This world is full of possibilitys....but I wish that one not to be... Then with a strong vibrant light, a small glowing bird appeared out of nowhere. Sabaku was awe struck by the little figure. He had never seen anything so pure and innocent in his entire life. It chirped at him which made the cuteness factor sky rocket. Sabaku felt a very large need to caress the shiny bird forever. Then Light said he could name it... was this his to keep? A random bird shows up as a new pet for him? I mean....he wouldn't say no but how would the bird feel about it? In any case he came up with a name. Kosen...That's what he looks like. He reached out to brush his finger down the side of the small animal, It was incredibly soft to the touch. Snapping back to attention after Lights next question, I believe that anything is possible if you wish it to be so, anything that gets in your way is merely a test to see if you are worthy of the goal you desire. And as far as the training goes...Perhaps now is a good time to learn a little more about my spiritual side. I never was one for religion but I think it's just because my parents were to busy on missions to tell me anything about the Gods.
Pulling his sleeves up and tightening his gloves, he prepared himself for whatever else came next. After the light show that Lightning put on he wasn't entirely sure what spirit type training would include. In any case, She said she believed he was strong enough to b a Guardian...This made him feel relieved and surprised. This was the day he had been waiting for all his life. A chance to make a difference. And through Light it would be possible. There was a new bond forming on this day, one that would surely stand the test of time and evil... For one day Sabaku would vanquish the evil in these lands....even if it was the last thing he did.

[OOC WC: 443 MFT]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Pointing to the chick that Sabaku had named, Megami gave a small nod as he accepted her offer of training. "With light, there is darkness. We must know our teachings, even if we follow no path of faith, to allow ourselves our morality. Within our bodies is the flow of life energy, the essence that is in all living things." Megami placed her hands upon the scrying pool, staring back at her own reflection. It had been some time since she'd really looked into something that can read not only the future, but the soul. "Our spirits, are a gift. We are each crafted individually, two are never the same. It's amazing really." Megami silently removed a small knife, and gently held it within her hand. She looked down at it, slowly flipping up the blade from it's clasped compartment, and locking it into place.

"Though we are not all religious, there are holy beings, those willing to give us aid in times of need, protect us...guard us. They can grant us many things, but they can also make us stronger by allowing us to overcome our problems. The Goddess I believe in is the Goddess of Harmony. She wishes to eradicate all chaos in the world. I have followed under her guidance for many years. I will ask that you try something, Sakabu." Megami would then go to extend the knife to Sabaku, hilt first, and see if the young man took it. Though he wouldn't understand yet, she was about to explain. "Make a small cut on your hand, and ask Kosen to heal it. He might, he might not. That is your task, form a bond." Megami would wait to see if he took her knife. It may not seem like an important task, but Megami was going to move gradually into the process of getting in touch with Sabaku's spirit and light. Kosen, among many others, where holy birds formed of light. They held special properties, as she'd explained. If Sabaku managed this task, she would then move on to testing his flow of energy, before she would move on to the most difficult process. Best to start small.

[OOC: As we discussed, here is your post. Thank you for your patience.]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sabaku always knew that there had to be some sort of balance, he thought of himself as part of this "Light" side. Though that in itself worried him, for as long as there was people like him there would always be others wishing to corrupt and cast everything into chaos.... He truly wished it wasn't as cut and dry as that. With Light's mentioning of spirits inside of us it got Sabaku thinking, is our chakra coming from this spirit of ours? That would be interesting to find that it was. This was merely a fleeting thought as she continued her story of good and evil.
This Goddess of hers sounded amazing, a greater being that not only wants to fight the evils of this world, but also interacts with us lower beings. Not that Sabaku thought of Light as a lower being, just not of the godly kind of status. She then surprised him with a knife... she wanted him to cut himself and see if Kosen would heal him or not. He grabbed the hilt of the blade firmly and looked it for a moment. Was this another test? Would Kosen really be able to heal him? These questions soon escaped him as he though back on his relationship with Light, She had never led him astray... So why now? With the utmost trust in this experiment he cut his own hand with the blade. It hurt of coarse, but hopefully soon Kosen might be able to help him out.
Kosen was now at the edge of the scrying bowl getting a little sip of water, hopefully it was clean water... with a outreached hand now bleeding and dripping he asked in a very pleasant voice, Hey little guy, it seems I've had a bit of an accident... I heard you might be able to help me out. Could you do me a big favor and maybe lessen the pain and heal it a bit? Kosen cocked his head to the side and let out an adorable chirp before hopping on one Sabaku's fingers. Kosen began to glow a bit brighter and leaned in closer to Sabaku's wound. In a moment his own blood began to move in a strange pattern. Almost as if time was being rewound. His blood seeped back into his hand and the wound was shut. Chirp! Kosen said, almost as if he was saying "There you go friend". Oh thank you Kosen, you're a real lifesaver, Ill be sure to pick you up a nice treat the next chance I get. And with that he placed his fluffy friend on his shoulder where Kosen would snuggle up against his cheek before resting his eyes a bit. Well that was pretty interesting... I wasn't aware that animals possessed Medical Ninjutsu. Sabaku was smiling again, he hadn't had this much fun in a while, magic bowls of water, healing birds that glow... He wondered what else might happen today...

[OOC, MFT WC: 494]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Giving an affirmative nod, Megami smiled and took back the knife, cleaning it of all blood. "Well, animals don't, but Kami's do. Kami's are the holy beings of light I spoke of, types of God-like beings in their own respect, if you believe that."Sabaku had already showed promise, as the young chick had willingly healed his hand and sealed their bond. Megami knew Sabaku would be ready for the challenges that awaited him. She kneeled before him, looking at him with sincerity. "You remind me...a lot of myself." She paused, finding it difficult to find the words to express her meanings. "Sabaku, I want to give you this, because even if you don't think you're ready, I believe you are." Megami withdrew a silver badge, and placed it within the boy's freshly healed hand before closing his palm over it. She held it there a few seconds and let go. "This next part is a task you must take on alone. I want you to pray, Sabaku, even if you do not believe. The Goddess will listen, and you will be rewarded if you are meant to be one of her chosen. It may take time, but reflect on your hopes, your dreams, what you want to accomplish. Ask of her, and you will never be lost when all seems impossible." Megami looked at Sabaku a few seconds longer before she stood, and started walking towards the door. A hand rested on the doorframe as she paused in her movements. And though she did not glance back, one last thing came from her. "I believe you will be one of the true guardians, Sabaku. Wear that badge with honor." Megami then slipped into the dark corridor, leaving Sabaku with his new badge, and hoping he would find answers with the Goddess.

[Topic Left]
[OOC: You have permission to have the Goddess speak to Sabaku.]
[Sabaku promoted to Guardian/ANBU rank]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back