Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private revel in the reel [Req. Hoji]

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
It was all so trite. The boring masses, ignorant and devoid of ambition. Shiki bemoans it all like a petulant king craving a taste of something new. But that was his divine right, granted to him by his own authority. He swaggers through the bustling streets crowded with uninteresting playthings. All it takes is a glance from his opulent ruby eyes to adequately judge every passing figure. A higher vantage point, perhaps? He was loath to admit it but, the stray he found probably had the right idea. It would be a lot easier to survey the area from the rooftops. He leaps from house to house, searching for the highest point - a throne to oversee his subjects and grant a lucky peasant a personal audience with royalty - assuming they could catch his eye, of course.

He takes his seat, hunched over with a knee raised as he overlooks his kingdom, examining all he see's with a judgmental scorn. Still nothing of value... He clicks his tongue and rises, his patience swiftly running out. He would give it one more passing glance if not for the miniscule chance of an unexpected surprise converging into frame. "Oh?" A flash of blue, a tiny speck of shine catches the eyes of the perched hawk. A boy? At least he resembled one. His head was completely deformed from what you would expect from a human being. Aquatic in nature with what appeared to be a shark fin and no sign of eyes. There was also the question of the glimmering scales that protruded along his skin. Shiki simply had to have answers. He surges rooftop to rooftop in pursuit of this fascinating specimen, diving down to cut him off in the busy streets. He was rather intimidating up close, but that mystified Shiki doubly so.

"You there! Explain yourself!" The king had made his decree, barking in no uncertain terms. He wanted to understand who this boy was. He didn't really expect to discover a gem in the toiling rough and his demeanor, while demanding, was not aggressive. Shiki was just as surprised at the prey he had zeroes in on. Shiki's eyes trace along his frame, analyzing him like a hungry predator with a lingering curiosity. "Well?"

Last edited:

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
On the quest to find more delicious treats on his journey around learning about sunagakure, he realised that he was in the wrong kind of hunting grounds. There didn't seem to be much sense of restaurants or food courts here and the only thing he could really smell is... people. Fuku like usual was perching on Hoji's hair not wishing to lose him in the bustling streets, the two were pretty inseparable in the last few days where a lot of mystical things had touched/ met the Samezuka duo the two were growing stronger than ever... together. With his new ring he would look at the sharp pin on the front of it... not having used it since he first met Michi, it's power resting still ready to spark at a singular willingly drip of his own blood.

One thing was for sure, the two of theirs bond would never be able to be broken, no, they would work and travel as one. Fuku would come to the conclusion they were lost first of all as he made some concerning sounding screeches, translating to, "Hoji. If you haven't realised it already, we are lost, I smell no food, and only the stinky trash seeping out that bin." Pouting the shark boy would scratch his neck as he grit his teeth in thought. It was in this moment of reflection that someone would dive down in front of him as he took a step back somewhat caught off guard. Practically... barked at like a dog. All he would do is pocket his hands and tilt his head in confusion like a puppy, Fuku squinting his eyes in suspicion of the individual in front of him. For a moment there was silence as he stood bewildered.

"Urrrhm... im... Hoji? Samezuka! Hojirozame! ...." Not really knowing what else to do when it came to a conversation that started as weird as this, even for his standards! "You areee......" He looked up at the boy's hat seeing it was like that of a dogs... like his was like that of a sharks! Wait... it couldn't be was he...?! An inuzuka?! But where was his... brother? Sister? Sibling? Maybe... maybe these two Samezuka's could be his brothers! Or cousins... relatives somehow! "Yoou mrust be an inuzuka! We crould be brothers! Whrat is your name mraybe brother!"

Fuku would be left with no words as he simply buried his head more in to Hoji's hair in unwillingness to explain everything that was wrong with what was just said.

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Not quite what he had in mind, but a name would suffice for now. This "Samezuka Hojirozame" was even more fascinating up close and genuinely quite terrifying. His brow twitches, glaring in disbelief at his razor sharp teeth. Was he some kind of chimera? Part man and part shark? Shiki notices him staring at his crown and his next selection of words left the inquisitive king reeling. "B-BROTHERS!?" He's stupid. A completely idiotic fish for brains. How utterly ridiculous! His mouth is agape, fangs dulled and laid bare with his face contorting into haunted confusion. Shiki started to wonder if he had been the one hooked, line and sinker.

"This is but a crown. I have no relation to those mongrels!" He's embarrassed? Why? He should be insulted. He can feel his skin start to flush into a mildly dark scarlet hue. "My name is Akizuki Shiki and I have the Uchiha blood flowing in my veins! Remember it well!" A startling yell, his normal composure completely stripped from him. Shiki didn't even want to bite back as he would in a normal encounter. There was just something so innocent about Hoji's mannerisms and speech that just took all the fun out of it - like kicking a small puppy. Maybe he could approach it a different way. "Hmm. But just because we don't share the same blood doesn't mean we can't be... brothers?" Compliance through a familial obligation would work all the same to Shiki. "It doesn't have the worst ring to it, I suppose." He circles around sizing up Hoji. He did look absolutely ferocious. A savage beast capable of rending flesh from bone with the pure-hearted innocence of a child. Shiki wonders to himself if perhaps he could dangle Hoji from thin wires, more marionette than marine catch. Maybe even a leash would do.

His attention shifts to meet the little flying creature, nestling away into his hair. The brain of the operation, perhaps? "Come out, little one. You may gaze upon me as well. An audience has been grated to the both of you. Pardon my rudeness before, but you happened to catch my eye. You see, I find most people around to be quite... mediocre... boring, if you will. But, you? I'm not so sure. Accompany your... brother... and... How about this? I'll grant you any request as long as it's within my means." He tries his best to put on a welcoming face, sharp toothy grin with his face locked into an unsteady sneer. Shiki had ulterior motives, but he was trying to be... nice. bleh

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
Taken aback from the tall boy's question he would simply make one small nod with his mouth closed in some confusion before tilting his head to the side. Maybe he didn't know what the word meant, he might have been like himself and not really know much about social conventions, but to not know what a brother is! That would be sad, he seemed quite shocked from Hoji's small yet quite logical, in his mind at least, assumption.

Although what he said next would suggest that he struck a nerve, he saw the dog boy's face begin to light up as they claimed that it was just a crown. Was he trying to mimic what they looked like? To look similar to ones who share qualities with animals? Ones like... Hoji! Although he seemed to belong to an entirely different bloodline, one that he was clueless to. Because it didn't matter! "Akrizuki... Shriki... okray!" He was happy that he shared his name and surprised that he had lasted this long in a conversation with someone so near his age, no mission, no class, no nothing! Just a genuine talk. His goofy smile certainly giving his not so secret joy away. It would only get better for the young boy as Shiki had confirmed that they could be brothers despite not having the same blood or something along those lines.

As the tall dog would walk around the shark circling him like he was casting a protective circle around the boy, Hoji would smile despite not being entirely sure what was going on. "Sro! Urhm are you gronna be Aniki! Akrizuki... Shriki... Shraniki! Shraniki work?" He was kind of excited and it was stumbling his words, more than usual, the Samezuka pair was about to become a trio! But... one member had been silently listening all this time. Fuku peered his batty head, looking at Shiki with... nothing much but distain. "Naw, we aren't gonna be brothers with the likes of you! Have this!" Also this would only sound like an arrangement of chirps and screeches. The bat's rings inside of his ear slowly circling to reach the middle would begin to glow a cyan blue, the creature swooped up in to the air before a burst of compressed sound waves would shoot out of each of them right towards Shiki.

Hoji would see this reacting instantly as he leaped in front of the beams, "Nrooooooooo!!!" Taking each of them to the gut as he would descend on to the floor gripping his stomach in pain before peering up at Fuku. "Fuku... whry... don't yoou... trust Shraniki!! He promised us... grood food!!" Hoji's actual brother would look at him with aggravation as he tried to lecture his younger more inexperienced sibling. "Listen Hoji... he gives a strange energy... and I don't like his eyes... hell i'd be alot more trustworthy if he closed them!" Hoji would not wish to argue with him, yet he was curious with what he meant scratching the back of his head. "His eyes...? What's wrong with Shraniki's eyes?"

Last edited:

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
What is this strange emotion? This warm vexation that the guileless shark had stricken him with? His eyebrow twitches at the sloppy method he combines his name with Aniki. "Sh-Shraniki... huh?" It's hard to snap at him. It almost feels like he wouldn't even understand any of his pointed jabs, but more than that, his usual sadistic desire to needle isn't there. He knows for certain he would never allow such casual insolence from anyone else- at least not without a fight. "Very well, you ma-" He was rudely disrupted from his brotherly coronation. A flurry of squeaks from a rebellious little bat before he launches his boomburst. He would move to swat the attacker out of the air if not for his seemingly reliable brother instantly stepping in to intercept it. He leers through his massive frame at the yappy, hovering creature, smirking with wry expression. He'd just proven himself a capable bodyguard for a king.

"Thank you, Hoji~ You really saved your Aniki's neck. Such a ferocious little guy you have there. I do apologize for my eyes. I'm often told I possess a rather... intense disposition" He feigns his helplessness in a subtly sarcastic tone. He didn't want to poke Hoji, but he can indulge himself a bit with his mangy animal companion. "Come, come. I shall provide you with whatever nourishment you desire. Your impolite friend here as well." He would carry himself as nobility should, loyal servants in tow. There was an unusual fondness pervading his heart for the simple brute that relaxed his guard. Hoji was undeniably dangerous The absolute pinnacle of savage strength without a hint of human vulgarity. Pure as ocean blue. The base notion of corrupting it was too enticing to pass up, though he would have to tread carefully to catch this shark in his net.

Shiki leads them to the nearest food stall with a variety of prepared meats. "Indulge yourself, brother. Whatever you crave and it is yours." He would take a seat, hailing over the stall keeper for his entourage to order. "Hmm. So Hoji... and Fuku.." It's almost an afterthought to mention Fuku, but he must remain gracious. "I presume you are shinobi, yes? I've gathered you must be an Inuzuka, hence the earlier.... misunderstanding." Shiki is not typically one for polite conversation, always saying exactly what's on his mind. Making the effort to filter out any thoughts that might drive Hoji from his clutches was proving to be rather... difficult. "I assume the two of you are rather close. Fuku seems very protective of you." He points to the little pest, a contemptuous, sneer creasing his face as he gestures to make a cordial decree. "I desire to understand you. What does Samezuka Hojirozame do?"

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
Hoji would turn to smile at Shiki as he thanked him, scratching the back of his head as his cheeks lightly blushed in the sheer fact that he was being complimented, he was really bad with showing his gratitude as he was rarely praised rarely happened. Let alone from just that his big brother was actually fulfilling his promise! What a kind guy, his sheer thankfulness reminded him of Michi and Raizo's kindness but he was someone his own age, another kid... who liked him and was kind to him! "Thranks! Me and Fuku would be derighted to jroin!" Walking behind Shiki as he walked he would lumber behind his older and taller newly pronounced sibling. His scarlet eyes and calm demeanour were so cool to the young shark, he was quite impressed in how nice he was to offer food, he felt lucky to meet someone so nice.

Fuku however was not so easily convinced, he stayed somewhat quiet fluttering right behind Hoji as they followed Shiki, the promise of food had intrigued him as well although he wouldn't be so quick to drop his guard. He just hoped that the other Samezuka would be ready for anything if worst came to worst, not to become to fond of a potential threat. He knew that Shiki was not being entirely genuine however... he couldn't help but not wish to crush his brother's spirits.

Once they reached the nearest food stall he could smell so much meaty goodness, he'd only ever tried a few select meats, however he knew what he craved the very most. Not just out of hunger but also... hatred, eating them made him feel more vindicated, as if they were rival creatures in nature. A rabbit and a shark... rivals. Sounds unbelievable until you witness the horror the small creature can dish out. "I wrant as mruch roasted drune hare as I cran eat!" Fuku quietly squeaking in to Hoji's ear to choose his order alongside him, not directly talking to Shiki. "And Fuku wrould like urh grilled snrake? Do threy hrave that?" He'd listen to his brother's questions, interested to learn about him as well as he seemingly was about the duo. "Nro... nrot Shinobi... uurhm I thrink the word is... cit..riz.. ens? Citrizens! Samezuka citrizens, not inuzuka thrat is yo-...." Stopping himself right before he almost called his brother an inuzuka, the hat just kept making his mind wonder.

Luckily Shiki was quick with more questions so he managed to cover his previous mistake pretty quickly trying to think of an answer to the calm barrage, really it was just a normal conversation but with others of his age he'd never made it this far before. "We are very clrose! We've knrown each other for... uuurhhmmm." Honestly he had little concept of time but Fuku would manage to answer the question for him with a blunt screech. "Two years." "Two years! Aand urrrh in throse two years...wrell! All these years, I eat and urhm... I slreep! And wrelll... I hrunt for frood! I love frood sooo mruch! It's the brest! Especially meat! Meat is my favourite! But urhm Shraniki, I have also made several friends... Krazekage Raraizo we slreep in... same place. So i guess he is a drad? Fadder? And Fairy! Shre is reaaalllyyy smrart and crool... but dark?" It was by far the most he had ever spoken all in one go but it was safe to say that he was happy, this would only last for this moment as his happiness turned to slight confusion as Fuku demanded something from his samezuka brother. "I want to speak to him."

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
He quick wave of his hand to shoo away the hovering stallkeeper taking down the order. Their presence was no longer required. "Yes, yes. You heard them. You are dismissed." Shiki thought it rude to eat alongside his honored guests, opting instead to lean in for hopefully, pleasant conversation. It was all about impressions now, yes? He could manage an affable facade. A little carnival of charades. Shiki nods along, the Hoji boy was not a shinobi apparently. An odd revelation, but easier to manage. The little one was hovering, wingbeats accompanying the rustic ambience of the street stall, piping up to correct or steer the shark in the right direction. His suspicions were correct. Fuku was the shrewd and nimble one of the duo. "Oh? You like to hunt do you? What do hunt, brother? What kind of prey do you ensnare in those jaws? You can accompany your.... ki- Aniki on missions, perhaps. I'm certain there would be plenty of meat." Exactly the type of thing Shiki was looking for. The perfect bait? Blood in the water to attract the apex predator of the sea. His eyes light up, a genuine expression of joy and amusement painting his canvas. --

Hoj carries on, informing his new brother of the many bonds he's made. Hmm. He's close to the Kazekage, huh? Shit. That might be a problem. He clicks his tongue and thinks a moment, stroking his chin. Something tells Shiki that the childish shark boy would not be great at keeping secrets. However, the bright side was he would always be easily distracted due to his simpleton brain. No, the real problem was the little pest. He's the one that must be truly conquered. Shiki loves high risk games and he was willing to take the gamble. He chuckles hearing the boy say, "Fadder." His scowl wanes, waxed with joyous countenance. The stiff posture he's accustomed to almost completely washed away with the impending tide. "Fairy, huh? Sounds like a fascinating person." He overhears the yapping of a vibrating pest, leaning over to glare at the tiny bat. It would be so much easier to swat it, but Hoji would probably be sad.... And also try to get revenge. Fine. "Hm? What is it, Fuku? I have been rather rude and excluded you a bit, haven't I? My apologize for any... perceived animosity. Hoji is just... fun. Surely you can understand my position?" It wasn't even a lie. Hoji was fun. A genuine kinship with the strange, mystifying shark despite the nefarious pretenses that brought this encounter to fruition. Don't get Shiki wrong. He was still going to use the boy as a loyal knight to vanquish his enemies. The honest affection and warmth he felt in his heart was not a part of his calculations. But...

It did make it more fun.

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
Hoji almost embarrassed by his bat brother would respond to Shiki's question first before going letting Fuku go any further in stopping him from talking to his new older brother. "Wrell! I lrike to hrunt..!" Stopping himself for a moment he realised what he was about to say was no longer the truth despite the cruel reality of what he had been doing for the last two years he didn't want to do it anymore he wanted this new life... at least he thinks. He isn't quite sure. "Frood! I lrike to hrunt frood... things that traste grood!" Fuku would slap block Hoji's face as he fluttered in front of him and would screech at Shiki. And it probably sounded just like animal gibberish to Shiki however Hoji would scoot along on his seat moving his face away from Fuku as he would practically translate for the small bat.

"Hre srays... urh wrell... FUKU! You crannot say thrat... it is nrot even true... i thrink. Okray... I wrill ask. Shraniki do yoou.... urhhhmm thrink yoou are better thran us? I dron't really knrow whrat he means... Silly fuku... heha..."
Damnit! His samezuka other half was ruining his chance at making friends he had no clue what he was blabbering about and what he was trying to accomplish perhaps he was being protective? But why? Shiki wouldn't hurt the pair there was no way. Although it seems like Fuku wasn't done, not wanting to keep the dog boy out of the loop he would sigh as he continued to document what Fuku was saying. "He also srays... he thrinks thrat yoou aren't really so crool whrich I do NROT agree writh... urhm. Yeah... I knrow! Peraps yoou could shrow me and Fuku your strength! Thren he wrill believe yoou are super crool!" With a smile he was curious to see what his older brother would pull out of the bag to impress the steel nerved bat.

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
And there it was. Shiki was awaiting the little pest's challenge, tapping his finger at the dutiful translation. Shiki knew he was better than Hoji. Hell, he knew he was better than everyone. He had no choice but to be to survive. The apocryphal crown placed on his head was so integral to his identity in an almost symbiotic relationship. His eye twitches. The gnashing of teeth as he restrains himself from proclaiming the simple truth that he was superior in every way. "Ahem... Well, Hoji... Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. I'm sure you would triumph in a hunting competition because you enjoy doing it, yes? Suffice to say I'm fairly confident I would best you in a game of chess. There's nothing wrong with being better than people. Every single person desires to be king at something. I must be better to travel down this path... so nobody can lord over me. But... I do not wish to walk alone either. " A gentle hand on the shark boy's shoulder with a genuine truth, albeit spiced up with flowery sentiment to appeal to the boy. Shiki wasn't sure how he could win over his animal companion, but perhaps Hoji could convince him instead.

He would wait patiently, letting the little bat squeak. His face contorted as if he had saw a ghost, but no. It was far worse. A piercing thrust stabbing straight into his most vulnerable aspect. That's the issue?? THIS TINY, FLYING RODENT THINKS I'M UNCOOL? He clenches his fist tight, claws digging into the palm of his hand to draw blood. Oh how he wished he could snatch the nagging insect from the air and smear the stall with whatever remained from the impact. His leg bounces, quaking with rage and fury he hasn't felt in ages. He was trying so hard to reign it in out of genuine like and respect for the fascinating boy he had encountered. This was too much. "HAHAHAHA! The little one would challenge me, then? Very well! Rejoice! You will witness your excellency's fury and might!" He stands up as feral an image as the boy before him, growling with bared fangs. Maybe he really did have Inuzuka blood in his veins after all. His face felt hot, embarrassed at the scene he was causing as a result of a creature so far beneath him. Shiki was picking a fight with a gnat. "Aughh! This is stupid! I simply enjoy Hoji's company. Are you happy!? Are you pleased with yourself, pest!? I've made an absolute fool of myself to appeal to him. You'll see my strength when you join me. You'd be my finest knight... Doesn't that sound cool?"

Hojirozame Samezuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆
Not wanting to be rude or disrespect his dear brother Hoji listened very carefully to Shraniki's decree, and he definitely saw what he meant more or less, there was lots of different monsters out in the world. Some breathe fired whilst others have spiky tails, they all have their own advantages and disadvantages. Perhaps Shraniki was being the coolest kid on the block? Hoji pondered that thought at least. Clapping after Shraniki spoke and laid his hand on Hoji's shoulder, the shark boy would be nodding proudly in agreement with the Uchiha, "Yres! We wrill walk trogrether!" He almost wanted to jump in rejoice but he kept still and looked at Shiki very carefully to see what would happen next after what Fuku had said.

He was completely unsure of what was about to happen as he brought his fingers up to his cheeks and pulled down as his mouth would open at the same time, sweat pouring down his face as his vision flickers between Fuku and Shiki. The two locked in eye contact almost as if there was some unspoken combat taking place, Fuku wouldn't falter whilst he was small he would clearly have his talons and fangs out on display as if he was sizing himself up to the white haired challenger. "Oh my....-!" Hoji would be left on the edge of his seat as Shiki laughed out loud prominently moment moments before standing up and taking such a feral image, Fuku would screech as he took the air flapping his wings as he looked straight towards his opponent growling just as fiercely. Although completely unaware of how shocked he was the shark boy would fall backwards right off of his seat and on to the floor landing on his back as he rolled amongst the ground.

"Aaararagh!" Was all he could get out midfall, although he was there to hear the few words that Shiki had to say. And that was enough for him. Scrambling back up to his knees as he clasped both of his palms on to the table with a beaming wide eyed (well as wide as beady shark eyes can get) expression. "Enjoy?! Hoji!? Company?!?!" Fuku would look back seeing the full of glee face that Hoji was carrying and even he couldn't resist softening up to it, he was his brother after all. The pearly whites got to him as he would let out a small meep sound before turning back to Shiki as his glare relaxing in to more of a gaze before fluttering on to his Samezuka sibling's shoulder. "Wrelll!!! Yoou lrike Shraniki! Perfect! Thren yoou grot it brother! We wrill be the croolest nights around!" He had no clue what a knight was, it just sounded like a position of high value to the duo's new brother and he only wanted to make him be proud of Hoji. And from today on he'd make sure the two would do just that in the many days to come.

[Topic Left]

Shikabane Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The absolute embarrassment of it all. He still hasn't quite shaken the lingering sense of chagrin and shame from having to reveal his hand so readily to a flying pipsqueak. But even so, the scarlet wave that washed over his bronze skin was simply a display of his triumph. He'd successfully acquired... something. A lackey? A weapon? A friend? He puffs out his chest, trying to quiet those intrusive thoughts. Friendship was only a hindrance for a dignified noble such as himself, with aspirations of conquest and absolute authority. Then why did he feels so warm for the first time in ages?

Shiki just smiles. A normal smile. An elated smile from a boy that almost forgot what happiness could feel like. "Oho! Hoji and his tiny noble steed, Fuku! Hmm.. Maybe noble is giving him a bit too much credit." He laughs, still poking at the bat with a much more lighthearted sarcasm, almost welcoming, like.. friends? "I'm overjoyed, truly. A fascinating and fun ally." He walks to the shark boy, tapping open hand on his exposed shoulder, before he strides away. A modicum of affection before their temporary farewell. "I will call upon my knights in due time!"

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back