Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Road to Redemption: [Requesting Kuro]

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
A life full of regret is not a life worth living at all.

Those were the wise words spoken to me by a humble guard, as he dropped off my food for my evening meal one night years ago. He must have been able to sense the longing in my heart, the deep seeded regret that inhabited the very depths of my soul. It was the unholy spawn of betrayal I felt, and it was the reason why I could always be found sitting in the corner of my cell where the dark shadows would blanket me, shielding away from the bright glow shining down from the overhead light; it could not reach me, nothing could, I was lost in despair.

With nothing but time to keep me company, I chewed on the guard's wisdom for weeks; it was much more satisfying than the food they served. Could it really be as simple as just putting the past behind me and moving on? That type of thinking just seemed like fools gold to me. Wouldn't the pain still live in me, deep down? Wouldn't it always be present no matter what I accomplished, a dark passenger riding shotgun along side of me on my life's journey, always watching me from the shadows, observing my every movement? It would dawn on me one night, while being kept awake by the woeful howls of a prisoner a few doors down. If I truly wanted to feel whole again, then I would have to live a life that was genuinely worth living.

"And that is the reason why I am here, standing outside of this dojo." He would whisper, his low breathless voice slipping through his tired lips. "I am desperate and in grave need of direction. Please help me." He would clasp his hands together in prayer, sending out his thoughts and wishes to no one in particular, or maybe to anyone that had an open ear or heart who would listen.

--

Stepping inside of the Dojo, Asagao would immediately feel a difference in attitude, like a cool gust of wind on a hot day breathing knew life into an exhausted, over-exerted body. The peaceful, tranquil atmosphere would instantly uplift his spirits, raising his tired, despondent demeanor to heights he had not felt in years; he now understood why this place had the upstanding reputation it did, there was no where else in Sunagakure quite like it - this had already been a worthwhile trip.

Making his way past the entrance, he would carefully move forward, seeking out the individual in charge. He had heard rumors that the man at the head of the clan was not actually a man at all, but something else, something more.....demonic. Normally these types of wild stories would roll off him, like a stone down a hill, but the look upon the faces of those telling them could not be so easily ignored; he could read a mixture of fear and admiration in their eyes....something had them truly spooked.

"Hello!?" He would call out, a bit worried that he would disturb the man beast; it would not serve him well to be ripped to shreds before even catching a glimpse of such a creature. Though, he was not there to gawk, he sought knowledge and information, he needed help and guidance, and hopefully this 'man' could and would provide that for him. "I am here seeking the one they call, Toraono Kuro. Is he available?" The eerie silence of the empty room would began to set in, and Asagao would be aware of the nervous pounding of his heartbeat for the first time in ages.

OOC:
Things to be aware of:<i></i>

1. My guy is 23 years of age. Not a child.
2. He was just recently released from prison for killing his former mentor. ( Who was a bad man )
3. I am very excited to be RP'ing with you. Thank you for agreeing to this! =)

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro slipped from his training chambers with a specialized series of harnesses attached to his horns, head, shoulders, arms, waist, and legs. This altered suit of armor was weighted with especially heavy black iron with sandwyrm leather straps to keep his armor tight to his cotton training gi. The special gear left only his eyes and hands showing and gave him the appearance of a juggernaught from the old tales. Each step was heavy and purposeful as he responded to the crystal chime of a visitor. Inside Sunagakure itself the Toraono Clan members had their own lives and did not have to man the entry ways as they did inside the fortress on the surface which served as the business face of Sunagakure. This meant main branch family members frequently answered the summons of visitors below the sands. Standing at five foot ten inches normally Kuro would not be very imposing a sight but with his weighted training armor on he was seven feet tall and twice as wide. (sounding like Darth Vader because of the strain of wearing the armor) "Welcome to the Toraono Dojo, I am Sennin Toraono Kuro, how my I assist you?"

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Taking a hesitant step backwards, the oxygen that was currently filling his lungs was momentarily snatched away leaving him breathless. His chest suddenly felt completely empty inside and hollow; in fact, if it hadn't been for his accelerated heartbeat, he might have easily been mistaken for a corpse. With wide eyes he remained fixated on the behemoth man-beast has he entered the room. "The rumors, they were....true." He quietly whispered under his breath; his mouth now dry, so it was incredibly difficult to speak, his lips clung together at the corners fighting his will to separate and communicate verbally. Not wanting to appear rude, Asagao would promptly advert his eyes and look down at the ground. Was this really happening, was this truly real, or was he actually fast asleep in his cell still locked away in the Palace having another wild dream? Looking back up, he once again peered at the demon standing before him, more amazed than afraid: this was actually really happening!

As if unable to control his body, the moment he was greeted, Asagao dropped down to his knees and swiftly bowed his head; how tiny he must have seemed in that moment, shrinking down to the floor as the seven foot frame of the demon hovered over him. "Master Kuro-Sama, my name is Iriai Asagao and I come before you seeking wisdom, guidance, and salvation. I am lost and have done unspeakable things in the name of loyalty and friendship. I was mislead and betrayed by the one I once loved dearest, the very man who mentored and raised me. I know this is no excuse though, so that is why I am here. I need help understanding what it is I must do to walk a just path of honor and virtue." He concluded, taking in a deep breath, his body once again feeling replenished and strong, though his despair was beginning to overwhelm him and take over. Keeping his head down and his eyes closed, it was all he could do to keep from crying and breaking down completely. It was as if a waterfall of emotion had suddenly been released and the dam that had been holding it back all these years was beginning to crack and break apart. Yet, through it all, he would somehow struggle to remain poised; how unbefitting of him would it be to show such weakness in the prescience of a being who was so much more than a mere mortal man?

All Asagao could do is just hope beyond hope that Toraono Kuro would hear his desperate pleas for help.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro saw the anguish on the man's face and heard the timbre break in his voice this was no laughing matter. With a subtle yet direct telekinetic surge the armor's straps came loose and pulled free all at once as Kuro methodically removed the training armor setting it piece by piece on a special wrack near the entrance to secure all the weighted gear. Toraono Kuro was not a normal man, few would even say he was a mortal being at all but his flesh was partially human. After removing the training gear he was truly visible. At five feet ten inches in height and weighing two hundred and seventy pounds few could understand how he could move so swiftly or silently. His arms and chest where they were exposed by his black cotton training gi top revealed massively over defined muscle that were built up from years of martial arts and ninja training. Sweat stained his gi where the straps had held over eight hundred pounds of iron to his body. His every breath, every movement was steeped in thousands of years of martial arts and ninjutsu handed down over millennia. His hair was almost completely silver but was more platinum in tone. His eyes were shockingly violet with a gold iris; his scent was a mixture of cinnamon and manly musk even amidst the slightly acidic sweat scent. Ornate black ANBU guards with the Sunan symbol etched into them were laced on his forearms and shins. Black ox horns were on both sides of his head protecting his temples while his tiger skin tail with a silver white fur tip swayed back and forth in a gentle motion just above the ground. His Suna Insignia around his waist and his obvious authority he roamed the area like a Lion King. He looked Asagao over as he spoke his plea and belayed the normal greeting and spoke out instead. " Asagao san, I understand that you are troubled by your past and your past decisions but these are things you must learn and grow from no matter how tragic or painful. I can sense how much this pains you however and I offer any help you may accept. I am uncertain as to how to rebuild your core virtues, your obvious guilt and emotional torment over your actions no matter how circumstance may have forced your hand show that you already know the right way to live unless you wish me to alter your mind so that you no longer feel this pain?"<i></i>

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The horrifying prospect of having his brain tampered with was enough to snap Asagao out of his emotional breakdown. He did not want to completely lose the ability to feel pain, he considered pain to be an extremely valuable part of life. A person could learn a great deal from it and evolve because of it. It could grant a person the opportunity to grow, allowing them to correct their past mistakes; which is exactly what he wanted to do here - mature as a person.

Straitening up, he would gather himself and attempt to compose himself in a much more professional manner; one that was much more befitting of the 'being' he was currently appearing in front of. Now looking directly into the violet eyes of Kuro, he could no longer see his sub-human form at all, he could only see an individual capable of amazing feats. To have the power to tap into something as complex as the human mind and be able to alter it was astounding; Asagao had chosen wisely to come see him, he would learn much from his teachings.

"I am sorry, Master Toraono-Sama, but I did not come here to have you resolve my issues for me - I came here learn how to do that for myself." He responded, his voice was as calm as a leaf resting atop a settled pond. "I have spent many nights trying to come up with ways to go about correcting my past mistakes, yet I have failed to find a path that would lead me to the destination that I desire." Taking a short pause, he would breathe in deep and exhale slowly from his nose, his chest raising only slightly as he did so. His nerves were somewhat rattled, he knew that his entire purpose for being here relied heavily on what he was about to ask, he did not want to ruin this chance by phrasing himself incorrectly.

"I believe a person is as only good as their upbringing. My former master failed me. Nobody could question his talents or intelligence, but his heart had been poisoned by spite, so his actions were fueled by a dark malice, which ultimately led him to losing his way. And even though I am older now, I am still under the belief that one is never too old to learn, if they are willing. A person will always have the ability to benefit from the teachings of others. So, if you will accept me, I would be honored if you would allow me to study under you!' He would suddenly blurt out, while simultaneously bowing down out of respect.

With his forehead pressed gently against the ground, kissing the floor - and his arms outstretched in front of him, he would remain completely silent, nervously awaiting the Demon King's response to his abrupt, and impulsive request.

OOC:
There is no pressure to accept my request. If you do not have the time or drive to take me on as a student, feel free to kick my butt to the curb. I do not want you to feel forced into doing this in anyway. =)

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Well... you are obviously certain of your course else your mind,body,and spirit would not be in synch right now. I will take you under probation to learn to master yourself and the code of Toraono Clan Shinobi. We will arrange for your lodging outside of Sunagakure and begin your transition to border guardian. I must warn you now, any deviance from my orders or the creed of the Toraono Clan after you have learned it and been initiated as my second will result in your suffering my immediate and tireless wrath. Since you are here I will require you to sign in our official training logs. Afterwards you will need to go to your abode and gather your belongings then meet me at the base of the maw. I will take you to the actual dojo and your new life will begin there anew. Be prepared for strange but necessary training techniques."

Kuro bowed to Asagao and waited for him to do the same before standing and sending off a message crystal telling the main household to prepare for a new clan member.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Remaining poised and composed, the inviting words of Kuro evoked no true emotional reaction that could be witnessed by the naked eye. On the outside he appeared calm and confident, yet still held himself in such a manner that would indicate how grateful he was for being accepted. His head was held high, his posture was perfect with his back flat and straight, and his hands rested perfectly on his knees. On the inside however, a soothing warmth surrounded his soul, almost like the rays of the morning sun shining down upon the petals of a sleeping flower. He was so overjoyed by what he was hearing that he could hardly contain himself. If he were alone there was no telling what type of celebratory dance he might try and fail at; he was a terrible dancer, so there was no question he would fail.

"Understood." He replied, acknowledging every bit of advice, instructions, and words of caution he had just received."I thank you, Master Toraono-Sama for this most gracious opportunity. I will not let you down." He meant that with all of his heart.

Returning the bow, he would remain with his head lowered for just a bit longer than normal. He wanted to soak in this moment, for this was the beginning of a new day for him. He had just made a life altering decision, and a new path was now laid out before him, and it was winding in a direction he could not see or predict its end. He would not stray, nor look back, he would just keep moving forward down this road until his new life was full of virtue and honor, one that he would be proud of when it was all said and done.

Standing up, he would do as he was told and sign the training Dojo's log; his name appeared beautifully written in an elegant script - he had a talent for showing off. Turning to face Kuro, he would once again bow before exiting the Dojo to go gather up his most precious belongings and move them into his new housing.

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro sighed as he realized that another portion of the prophecy would be fulfilled, one would bear the power to protect. That would be Kuro, one would bear the power to create, that would be Suzuhime and one would bear the power to destroy. That would be Asagao-san, the man whom would come to the devil sage to request redemption. Hopefully he would not choose a power that would destroy him, it was only Kuro's job to grant him power and give him guidelines. Kuro placed the scrolls before him six in all, and hoped that Asagao would defy fate and choose neither and be his own man but that too was also up to him. It simply fit the way the tapestry was unfolding and so Kuro had no choice but to test him and determine if he was indeed the one to be the destroyer.

The first scroll dictated the path of the Eight Celestials

The second scroll dictated the path of the Immortal Devourer of Evil Hearts

The third scroll dictated the path of the Demon Knight

The fourth scroll dictated the path of the Shinigami

The fifth scroll dictated the path of Atonement before Mother Suna herself

The sixth scroll dictated the path of the Avatar

Kuro's eyes began to glow ever so briefly as he sealed the scrolls against direct scrying so that Asagao could choose to use one of them at his own pace and the time of his choosing. Otherwise they would always appear to be simple old scrolls with alot of pictures to any one else whom read them.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Placing the last of his belongings on the floor, he would sit for a moment on his new bed; it's mattress was soft and inviting, a feeling he had not felt in quite some time. He would no longer toss and turn, his body aching from the hard prison floor. He would now look forward to sleep as a comfort and not only as a way to escape the bleak reality of his life. Leaving his items still encased in the boxes and bags he had carried them in, he would have to finish his unpacking later, for he was to meet with Toraono-Sama once more - most likely important clan initiation duties.

Entering the Dojo, he would find Kuro waiting for him alone and in silence. Bowing his head, Asagao would greet his new master with the respectful gesture and take a seat opposite him; once again his posture was perfect as he gracefully sat down on his knees. Looking over, he would quickly notice six scrolls laid out before him in a single line. The scrolls were identical in shape and size, but all of them had a different image depicted on them; they looked very old and important. With no words spoken between the two men, none had to be, Asagao knew almost immediately he was to choose one - but which one and why, those were the questions that were plaguing him. Uncertainty danced around his heart, as the decision began to weigh heavy on his mind. Was there a wrong choice? Was this a test in itself? So many questions, yet he dare not ask, he would just need to follow his heart and pick one.

Glancing over at Kuro, he would see a faint glow in the demon's eyes, causing his heart to flutter nervously and skip a beat. Looking down at the scrolls again, he would nod to himself, and with his right index finger, he would point at the scroll of his choice - the one depicting The Eight Celestial's. Moving his eyes away from the scrolls, he would swiftly glance at Master Toraono with a somewhat worried look. Had he made the wrong choice? That was the only thing he could think, as he tried to get a reading on Kuro's reaction and gauge his response.

ooc: I am so sorry for the wait! =3

Toraono Kuro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC: No worries on the wait

Kuro noted Asagao's return and was pleased that he had chosen not to become the destroyer. This greatly eased both his mind and the restless spirit that was Hyakujuuonouu. Kuro smiled with a considerable grin that despite his demonic canines was almost like that of a child being given a great relief. Gathering up the remaining scrolls for future attendants Kuro placed them in very special crystal lined case which would prevent the scrolls from aging or deteriorating any further than they had before the Toraono Clan discovered crystal airless storage.
"You have made an interesting choice Asagao, when you are ready I will begin your initiation into the Toraono Clan. I hope that what I teach you will ease both your troubled soul and grant you greater understanding of what you are truly capable of."<i></i>

As Kuro stored the case away in a special wall panel that sealed itself Kuro grabbed a ceremonial Wakazashi from the weapon's stand and tied it to his sash in a respectful manner. He then beckoned for Asagao to follow him as they would leave the Throne of Bone and have clothing made to match the measurements of what he already owned for his training in the true Toraono Dojo. Kuro would lead Asagao to the Maw of Baranyx where they would begin the next leg of their journey.

This topic will be left after your reply at which point I will start the second portion of this topic in the Maw of Baranyx.

Asagao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The overwhelming pride that Asagao felt, knowing that he had not chosen incorrectly, and that Toraono-Sama appeared to be pleased, overjoyed him completely. Bowing his head, he smiled and responded much more confidently than before.

"I have no doubt that I will learn a great many things from you, Master Toraono. I am ready now." He would lift his head and meet the Demon King's eyes. The easy part was over, now the true test would begin. He was no longer afraid of the unknown, he was anxious to experience it. He had found himself a home, all that was left to do was carve out a legacy worthy of the Toraono name. He looked forward to doing just that!

[Topic Left w/ Kuro]
ooc: Short post. xD

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back