Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Rocks on the Brain [Requesting Shin]

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After finally finishing all the meatbuns and a much needed trip to the Hot Spring to clean off and relax for a bit Shashu headed home for a change of clothes. She had hoped to find Kahako at the Spring, and if not there then at home, but the Med-Nin's presence was strangely lacking from her living quarters. Too lacking...as if she had not been there for some time. Even more of note was that the Shinrya Mansion itself seemed to be opened up and habited again. It was worrying...but Shashu could check that out later. She had to change and report to the Sileo for a debriefing, which she did with haste. The prospect of seeing Ayumu's face after her long trip certainly played a part in that.

Of course, there was something wrong at the Sileo as well. The stone halls seemed almost abandoned. What little life she did see seemed to consist of a skeleton crew of paper pushers working overdrive, probably to cover the work of all those not present.

Is there some sort of sickness going around? The ANBU thought. There's barely a soul here.

Aside from the desk jockeys hidden behind their fortresses of paper, what worried her most was that she saw not a single other ANBU. Normally she would have run into at least a few coming from or going to an assignment. More than a bit perturbed, she made haste towards Ayumu's office only to find it equally empty. That was worrying. Ayumu rarely ever got sick, and if the ANBU were this short staffed Shashu knew from experience that he would be entrenched behind his own paper castle chipping away, much as he would hate to be doing it. There was something very wrong here.

After a few minutes of searching she finally managed to corner a clerk who would give her the time of day to answer a question.

"What's the deal? Where is everyone else? Where is Ayumu-dono?"

The clerk squinted at her. "What? Have you been hiding under a rock? There is no one else-ever since the Sennin up and disappeared we've been hemorrhaging personal like a stab wound to the gut. If you're back from assignment report to the Torre. There's no one here to take your report."

What. The. FUCK.

She was gone a year, and the entire division turns to dust? The Sileo so understaffed that the only people left were office personnel, and assignments were being handled at the Torre? Shashu was once again glad for her mask, as it hid the shock plain upon her face. What...what happened?? Fortunately, the clerk had told her where to go for answers. And it just so happened that she had an appointment with the perfect man to ask...

A very short while later, Shashu turned stepped into the reception area for the Kage himself, still wearing her mask.

"E-excuse me. I have an appointment." Her words to the secretary were shaky, but hopefully the imposing visage of her mask would draw attention from that.

"With Shin. The Raikage. He asked for me specifically." She added on hurriedly. It wasn't like she had expected things to be a hundred percent the same when she got back, but this? Ayumu was gone, and Shashu had a bad feeling Kahako was too. Two of her closest friends gone, just disappeared? And Ayumu's branch in shambles... Shashu needed answers, and Shin was going to give them to her or he was about to have one very distraught ANBU on his hands.

[MFT: WC-595]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hitomi looked up to see a what sounded like a woman coming out of that imposing mask. She requested to see the raikage stating that she had an appointment with him. She was not the first of many who had an appointment with the raikage but that did not stop Hitomi from checking her logs. She reached out to her clipboard that rested in front of her and examining the contents. It was twenty minutes after Shin had sanctioned a meeting with an ANBU woman called Tsuirakuya Shashu. Could this been the person?

"Are you Tsuirakuya Shashu? If so I will need some verification." She said as she pushed her squared lenses up to her face to get a better look at the ANBU. Once her identity was confirmed Hitomi wasted no time in alerting the raikage who also wasted no time in arriving.

"Thank you, Hitomi-san." Shin said once he arrived. "If you could please follow me to my office, Shashu-san." Shin said.

It did not take long to reach his office but it felt long as they did not speak to one another. Once they were in his office, Shin was the first to break the silence.

"I want to make this brief and to the point. A chunnin named Rakujo Yumeko has returned to the village with new that a fellow kunochi, Ayumi, from our village was killed in Iwagakure. Apparently, the killer has provided an apology and we will to return the body. To make matters worse, there has been threats from the mouth of the Tsuchikage himself to bring war. None of this makes any sense and we need to know what has happened but more importantly to provide justice for our fallen comrade. I would like for you and team to find out what is going on in the village and if they are threat to this village. Daisuki-san will accompanied you and examine the body." Shin said as he walked behind to his desk.

"I know this might be rather abrupt considering that you just returned to the village, but I need an ANBU on this mission and the rest of the ANBU corps have gone into a disarray as of late. In fact, we may have reconsider the structure of our government. Our instability has gone long enough and I will admit that I share part of the blame. There is one thing that I am certain is if we don't deal with this foreign problem far worse will be upon us. Will you be able to complete the mission?"

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu took a deep breath to calm her nerves, then removed her mask and handed Hitomi her passport. A few minutes later and she was in Shin's office, but before she could even open her mouth the Kage began informing her of the reason for his summons. Another mission it seemed, immediately after she had just returned. She hadn't even gotten a day's rest, not to mention what she had come back to, and a few words that answered none of her questions were all she got as an explanation. To Shashu it seemed the Raikage held foreign affairs in a higher regard than the integrity of his own village, and she was having none of it.

A few seconds of strained silence later she responded. "Can I complete the mission? I come back to two of my closest friends disappeared without a trace, the ANBU that Ayumu-dono worked so hard to maintain are in shambles, and you ask me if I can complete the mission?"

The ANBU closed her eyes and took a deep breath, visibly shaking, her hands clenched into fists. "Forgive me Kage-sama, but this is ridiculous. Just as I have a duty to the village, so do you have a duty to your Shinobi. How could you let this happen? Do you have any word on Ayumu-dono's whereabouts? What happened to all the ANBU? I leave for a year long mission only to come back to this, and you expect me to immediately leave the village on another mission? What is going on here, Kage-sama? I need answers."

[MFT: WC-262]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"My question was not out of disrespect, Shashu-san and I am asking you out of respect for your time. I understand your frustration and you have the right to be angry, but believe me what has happened was not my intention and I certainly did not let this happened. Ayumu-san decided to leave his post and responsibilities and he will suffer the consequences if he ever returns. His whereabouts are still unknown but there is no point trying to find him." Shin paused.

It was clear that his words may not go through to her. She held the same face that Yuuto had when he was accusing Shin of matters of the kage's control. Still, this did not mean that Shin was void of any responsibility. There was not much that Shin could do but to rectify

"I am very sorry and I know may not accept my apology but I don't have any answers to give you. However, I will gather all the leaders that I can find and create a solution, even I must step down to do it. In regards to the mission, I know you have just gotten back so take your rest you may leave when you are ready. This mission is to help prevent another problem coming to our village; we have enough problems as it is. Do you still have any questions."

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Her eye twitched when Shin mentioned that there was no point to searching for Ayumu, but she held her breath until he was done speaking. If deep breaths solved anything this would all be over already...

"You lose a Sennin for unknown reasons and you think there's no point in searching? What if it was foul play? Ayumu-dono could be a prisoner or worse, and you want people to just forget he existed? That worries me Kage-sama. How can you just abandon your people to whatever fate befalls them?"

Another deep breath...this was starting to become a habit. Shashu made a visible effort to relax her trembling body. If had been something else she would have coped better, but these were her friends, no...more than that. She wasn't exactly sure what she was to them yet, and now she might never get the opportunity. Her instinct was to throw Shin's mission in his face, storm out, and search for them herself, but she still had a duty to her village. To Ayumu. He at least would have wanted her to do this, and she would. But first...

"I'll do the mission, but on one condition. Search for Ayumu-dono. He would want me to do my best to protect this village, and so I will, but I will not leave without the knowledge that something is being done. And if I return and he has not been found, I want leave to search for him myself. Shukun is very dear to me, and I will not abandon him to his fate."

[MFT: WC-262]

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I never said that I have abandon him and I don't believe there is any foul play involved as I said I believe he left his position on his own accord. The last time we spoke indicated that he needed time for himself mostly likely he does not wish to be found at this time. I am not suggesting that we should not look for him but I find no point to it if he does not wish to be found. I would rather respect the man's privacy, however..."

Shin sighed. It was clear that Shashu was greatly concern for Ayumu's safety even though Shin did not believe that the man was in no harm but it would be naive of him to continue

"You can put this mission on hold. I can delegate the mission to someone else. I don't want Ayumi's death to be invain. You can seek to find Ayumu-san, perhaps you can convince him to return. I don't know how long that will last but I can provide you with any resources that you need. I would like to accompany you but I am required here. Do you have any one in mind that you would like to join you?"

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"No, that's..." the ANBU sighed and shook her head. "That's not what I was saying Kage-sama. I have a duty to this village, same as you, and Shukun would want me to stay true to that. But I want...no, I need to know that something is being done to find him."

After finally calming down somewhat, the vulnerability in her voice was starting to show through the bluster. "As long as someone, anyone is searching for him I can do this." She clasped her hands tightly in front of her and stared at them, hiding her eyes.

"It's what he would want me to do," Shashu repeated softly. So many of my friends have gone just like this, but...I have to keep going. I can't let it keep me down. Shukun isn't going to disappear like the others, and neither is Kahako. They'll come back, and if they don't I will find them myself.

She closed her eyes, exhaled, then stood straight and looked Shin square in the eye. "I accept the mission as originally ordered, Kage-sama. If you can brief me on the particulars I can set out as soon as possible."

Shu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Very well." Shin said softly. It was clear that the capricious Shashu was pulled from her desires, at least her sense of duty was admirable. Shin would have to find a way to search for Ayumu without using up too many resources. The village's stability was the main priority. It would pointless if Ayumu would return to a broken village especially if the state of the village may be the cause of him leaving.

"I would set a mission request in finding Ayumu-san. If you could provide me with any crucial information that could help us in finding him I would appreciate it. In regards to the mission, you will need to gather intelligence from earth country before pursing the village itself. This can be anything from political agendas to personal accounts on village's status with the country. The goal is to know if Iwagakure is a threat to the village and what we need to do to prepare ourselves if they do choose to attack. I only hope that these threats from tsuchikage are only cries of a mad man and not from the the village. You will also need to identify Ayumi's body and take the person who is responsible for her death into custody. You will need to find out if Ayumi was a wrongly death. I will leave it to you and your team to give the proper judicial sentences, but whatever you do do not instigate a war with the village or risk your life. Daisuke plans on accompany on your mission to aid you in identifying the body in a neutral zone. If needed he can accompany you into the village. Also, of he cannot join you in your mission you will need a medical nin to help you identify the body. Are there any more questions?"

Tsuirakuya Shashu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shashu shook her head. "No Kage-sama, if you could give me a file with all the information we currently have that should be sufficient. I'll study it overnight and meet up with Daisuke-san or his replacement tomorrow. Assuming they're ready by then I'll be able to leave immediately after."

The knowledge that Shin would get someone to search for Ayumu was enough to let her relax a bit and really think about the mission she had just accepted. Two countries in as many missions...and before this I had barely been anywhere really. That had been one of the things she looked forward to when she graduated the Academy, being able to go new places and see new things. Mist had proved to be somehow more and less than she expected. She had certainly learned something about herself and the deeper mysteries of the world there, and in terms of dangerous adventure it had certainly fit the bill, but constant presence of death and lack of life hadn't delivered on the excitement she had been expecting. The ANBU had too much of her time focused on her mission and raw survival to enjoy the experience, and she hoped that this one would prove different. At least Earth Country will have actual people, even if they are probably going to try and kill me...

Bringing her attention back to Shin Shashu gave a short bow and, after receiving the file (assuming there was one), slipped her mask back on as she made her exit. Thankfully most of my stuff is still packed. All I need is new supplies and I'll be good to go...

[Topic Left]
[MFT: WC-273]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back