Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Roughhouse in the Woods! [AS Fightclub!] [Private]

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The white-haired boy sat on the edge of the small wooden arena with a playful smile. A bright sun shined down through the openings in the forest, with the silhouette of the academy student treehouse hanging lazily above the area. A deck of cards shuffled in his hands as he looked at the handiwork of the area. It had taken time to set up, probably more time then it took to build the treehouse proper, but the arena was finally done. A place away from prying eyes for the academy students to at last train without the authority’s interference.

It was also just a good place for some entertainment.

l4.jpg

He had been a touch quieter about this place then his other performances, word of mouth was used to keep the academy students aware of what was to come. To his side, the rogue had a small piece of paper to write down contestant names and a few bets if anyone felt so inclined. It wasn’t too long of a wait before students had begun to arrive on the scene, the smartest few having navigated the forests to the area faster then the others, or they simply knew where the treehouse was in the first place.

“Welcome all,” Riku declared with his grin, rising to his feet to address the AS that arrived first, “Today is just a bunch of fun games, see who among us can really call themselves a shinobi. Two lads go in to the centre, one comes out standing. Pretty simple rules! The icing on the cake is that you don’t even gotta fear the officials coming to ruin your day.”

With that, the boy knelt down and grabbed his piece of paper, holding it upwards with a playful wink.

“So then, who wants first crack at it,” Riku questioned, “It’s gonna be a rare chance to get some real training, and bragging rights. The ‘officials’ won’t let you have that much!”

(OOC: Just gonna use this thread to let people slide into the arena area! Feel free to hop in if you want to try some bmodding out, we’re trying to keep these fights somewhat balanced (no one likes a curbstomp!). Most of you know me on discord if you got questions.

Also, I'm accepting tributes of arena pictures. It is amazingly hard to find good arena pictures in the woods (seriously!) )

[Academy Students invited]
[PM to join otherwise]

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking in silence the Captain did not wear his casual wear that day instead arriving in his mask an ANBU gear looking across the students that had amassed thus far before clearing his throat a booming voice echoing around the area with a single and simply command being called out. "Could the leader of this farce step forward, I know who you are I'm no fool your getting one chance to come peacefully so please make this easy for all of us" his tone made it clear the man was in no mood to play around fingers tapping gently off the hilt of his blade.

Looking around at the number of people present it seemed things were going to have to change and soon at least in the hyuuga's mind, too much freedom and taking the peace they had from the blood and sweat of the veteren shinobi of leaf for granted and that was the one thing that boiled his blood above all other things. "the rest of you disperse at once, those who participated in setting this up get your asses back to the academy or find yourselves being dragged there with me your choice."

(topic entered)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Following closely behind his companions, Yoshihisa could only roll his eyes in resignation at the display in front of them. Clearly Konoha had been too lenient for too long, and honestly he had hoped the events of last week had served as a warning that things were about to change, but yet here they were: Any manner of provocation would have been too much, but to actually have your plans rely on everyone involved to keep quiet was just plain gullible behavior. No matter how this would end up going, it became more and more apparent that history was likely bound to repeat itself sooner than they may have predicted.

”Perhaps letting them go without doing proper penance would be too kind from our end, Yukio-san.” His black hooded robes billowed softly in the breeze, the eyes tugged away behind his woodpecker-stylized mask locked unto those who dared to make sudden movements. He had long since lost faith in the scenario where they would get full cooperation, even dared to say that they were likely to be met with the same kind of resistance that had marked these meetings in the past. Their patience had been thoroughly tested time and again, and it was about time to do away with this bizzaro world by whatever means it took.

[Topic Entered]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed as she watched from a nearby tree, it had been a while since she had been following this students. They had been aware of their little sparring tournament for a bit now and were going to let it go without intervention, unless someone seriously got hurt. What Asuka hadn't accounted for was Yukio and his companion, she assumed another ANBU member, show up. This was certainly something interesting, she would've let it go but unfortunately she had orders. With a sigh she activated her Eternal Mangekyou and walked into the tree, appearing from on of the pillars of the stage and walking towards Yukio, bowing down respectfully. "Yukio-sama." She stated taking out a piece of paper from her pocket, streching her hand handing it over to Yukio. "Shinzo-sama and I have been aware of the Students movements. Keeping an eye of them after blowing up my classroom." She gave another sigh, remembering the unfortunate event. Considering we assumed something like this would happen it was decided a Chuunin was going to follow them and keep an eye. Stop anyone from getting seriously injure. Although the main branch does encourage sparring between students this sort of events do need a watchful eye."

She bowed again. To both the Anbu members. Personally, I do want to give you both my respect for the quick response to something of this sort. It certainly speaks volumes of both of your abilities. I do humbly ask you let this carry on with my watchful eye over them. If anything happens, I'll be the one responsible.
All student events that include sparring such as, but not limited to, tournaments are approved as long as there is at least one Chuunin of the main branch present to avoid unecessary accidents.

-Shinzo Head Jounin of the main Branch
[topic entered]

Kuru Naohiro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Here we are again. Riku thought to himself as he saw the first ANBU appear into view, the boy gave a smile as the man tried to call out the leader and disband the students. Another publicity stunt at the very least. He’d have to try finding a more secluded area next time … Just as the rogue opened his mouth to speak out, the appearance of the girl ended his words.

After her explanation, Riku’s smile turned into a full grin, the twinkle in his eye appearing as he looked directly at the ANBU members. Did he just get lucky for once? The white-haired boy may not of known this was going to occur, but he took his chance regardless, stepping towards the ANBU as he rose a hand and clicked his fingers to regain attention.

“No need to vacate the area,” Riku declared aloud, his eyes still watching the ANBU, “The ANBU clearly didn’t have the information they needed …”

As the students stopped leaving, Riku stopped and placed a hand in his pocket, stowing away his deck of cards. The boy then gave a playful wink towards the ANBU before clicking his tongue and nodding towards the woods.

“Now if you don’t mind,” Riku said, a shit eating grin plastered on his face, “You lot weren’t invited … maybe next time.”

With that, the boy spun back towards the students, ignoring the ANBU entirely. His eyes casually drifting towards Asuka for but a moment, the twinkle remaining as he examined her, before returning to the crowd. His hands going up as the grin remained on his face.

“Let that show you all,” Riku reassured, “That you won’t be man hunted, you won’t be judged here. This is a place for us to show who’s the best!”

With that, the boy gestured towards the paper he had dropped in the situation, his hand going into his robe before pulling out a small quill that he knelt and placed beside the paper. Then spun a final time back to them.

“Now, let’s not delay anymore … it’s time for the games to begin!”

[AS invitation remains]
[Fight club now legal(?!)]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryujou sighed. It wasn't as though he was trying to go against what Kenshin had told the class for the manners lesson. He comes out to the forest to have a bit of fun and all of a sudden the ANBU show up. There wasn’t even a chance to be polite or treat them with respect and all of that. Life seemed rough for academy students but Ryujou continued sitting there; he kind of wanted to be dragged back to the academy to give Kenshin another shock. That would show him for not properly acknowledging his cool introduction.

Then a Uchiha girl that he hadn’t met before walked out of a tree to prevent the ANBU from shutting down the little student get-together. Hurrah for spying girls prancing out of the local flora! Hooray for the right for students to try and beat each other up. It was better to learn how to fight now among peers with the same strength than at a time where they would actually need them. Though Ryujou acknowledged with a wry grin that it didn’t really seem like there was too much actual conflict he would get into in the village besides getting sent to the Academy for being in the wrong place at the wrong time.

As the handsome leader Riku quipped towards the ANBU and spun back to face the students, quill at the ready to mark down the combatants, Ryujou raised his hand, ignoring the growing ring of adult(ish) spectators. “Since I as a student was invited, I’d like to have a stab at it! Gotta learn how to defend the good name of honey after all.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The whole spectacle in the middle of the woods had slightly caught Kohaku off-guard. He had been out here hunting with Shiromaru like he usually had, running around in the open air of the woods when he had come across the assortment of shinobi standing around the small arena. It looked like there were several Academy Students as well as several more experienced-looking ninja. Sniffing around cautiously, Kohaku slowly approached the scene, his canine companion trailing cautiously after him. There was a familiar scent though, as he got closer... It was fairly recent too...

"Hey! I thought I smelled bees," he mused jokingly as he suddenly approached Ryujou rather quickly, standing back up on two legs. The Inuzuka boy looked like he was internally bounding up and down like an excited puppy, "what's everyone doing here anyway?"

He turned his attention toward Riku who seemed to have a sign-up sheet at the ready. He stepped closer to him, sniffing as he did so. The boy and his ninken both seemed satisfied after a minute or so.

"Hey! It's really great to meet ya," he said warmly, seeming to have almost no concept of personal space. He did step back though when Shiro tugged on his leg, reminding him to settle down a little bit, "so I'm guessing this is an arena or something? We're either gonna meditate or fight, maybe?"

Topic Entered~

Imaya Kuza

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Katsu had arrive late, viewing the ANBU from far off. He almost up and turned the other way, seeing as he didn't feel like dealing with that funk so late in the day. But, once Asuka showed up and made the ANBU look kind of incompetent, Katsu laughed aloud, rolling himself over to the wooden arena they'd set up. Yes, Katsu was indeed in a wheelchair this day, having taken some hard blows to the legs earlier that week.

Earlier that week

"Catsu, wait!" Katsu called, chasing his cat-pal across the rooftops of the village. And then he slipped. Whoops.

Present Day

"Yeah, and so I was on the rooftop fighting this big guy, and I lifted him up saying 'if I'm going to fall, you're coming with me', and I jumped off the building with him," Katsu said with dead eyes, embarrassed to admit the truth as he 'retold' this fictional tale to the rest of Academy Students. But, to show he was fine, Katsu rolled about, flipped into a handstand, and showed that he could more or less fight in his current state.

Catsu, as if out of nowhere, climbed down from the trees, and hopped into Katsu's lap, curling up there. Katsu, now unable to move, simply laughed and stroked his unofficial pet. Hopefully the dog-boys didn't get too riled up, though Katsu gave them a knowing eye as he gripped his katana, scratching the hilt with his thumb, ready to unsheathe. "As much as it pains me, I'll be taking a step back from the first fights."

Maikeru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maikeru had arrived just as Riku had give his... ostentatious speech. The kid was a public speaker, that much was for sure. Was his message the right message to be spreading. Well, that was really up to the individual in question. If nothing else, he was very entertaining to listen to, even if Maikeru tend to tone out most of the content of the actual speech. Regardless, he had been invited to a fight club, and that was what he came to do. To fight.

He genuinely believed this was a good idea, gathering academy students together in order to fight each other. It gave them a chance to see other clans skills, to see exactly how far their training had gotten them among their peers. There would be those among them who would be happy with their results, and those who would realize exactly how much more they needed to train. He was desperately hoping he was the former, rather than the latter in this case. The nervous energy that was swelling inside of him wasn't helped by the two masked ANBU who had decided to show up and observe.

"Wow, you guys really managed to pull some strings for some stringent security, didn't you?" He said aloud as he approached the group. He held out his invitation to Riku as he approached, signifying he had been an actual invitee to this shindig. "Uchiha Maikeru, you guys left this in my locker. So, we're having a fight club huh? What's the action on the bets? Anyone I should be watching out for?"

[Topic joined]

Saitou Rei

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
From the moment she heard about the student tournament, Reicheru was pumped. Classes were great, but they were all technique and manners and theory. All things that were necessary to know how to fight, but useless if never put into practice before they were really needed. The only person she had to spar with was her cousin, which was fine, except it would only ever make her better at facing an opponent with his skill set. On the plus side, his skills were rather similar to her own, hopefully allowing her greater insight into her own weaknesses and how to make up for them. Donning her typical training gear, she made her way through the forest to the meet up location… though a few wrong turns along the way ensured she'd be getting there only just before things got started. Thankfully that was all it cost her - the forest has been known to see worse fates.

Reicheru's excitement dwindled slightly upon her late arrival. She'd heard about the event through the academy grapevine, and hadn't realized that it was Konoha's finest group of misfits who had put the thing together. Made sense, something she could have figured out probably if she'd thought about it at all. Flashbacks to the forest and the repercussions that followed made her uneasy, a feeling that only grew when she spotted two ANBU nearby. Yet people were still around, so she figured they must be there to keep an eye on the troublemakers. As others stepped forward to sign up, she did likewise, though without the betting. The little money she did have would be for food after the whole ordeal was over.

As they were milling about waiting for things to get started, she grinned and waved at Maikeru before Katsu flipped through her line of sight and into his wheelchair. Cocking her head to the side, she laughed before walking over and kneeling down to pet the cat she supposed was his. "Cute little guy, looks like he's seen more battles than I have though! He could probably take any one of us. Mind if I pet him?" As she did, assuming the feline didn't lash out at the attempt, she quipped, "Really is a shame. Would have loved to have seen how our swordsmanship compares." The comment might have seemed strange, as Reicheru's mechanized blade was always retracted in public and stowed away in the tool pouch on her hip; her Nanjirou blood was not something she liked to advertise. Even now she wondered if she should have kept the comment to herself until after the first match, give away as little information as possible. But they'd all been in classes together, they should have at least some sort of a feel for one another by now. Not like anything big was at stake anyway… except her pride and dignity. That's fine.

[Topic Entered]

Himura Kumonosuke

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Warm,wet and relaxing,that was the state of the environment Kira was bathing on,as he rests his back upon the bathtub,eyes closed as he enjoyed the very atmosphere of the place,while he did so,he looked at his jacket which was hung at the door,inside the pocket of the jacket was a peice of paper he recieved recently,Kira wondered what that was until now,as he then walked off the bathtub,wet and as he didn't want to damage the peice of paper inside his jacket he takes a towel and dries himself up with it,now dry Kira wraps the towel on his waist and rifles through the pocket of his jacket,with the peice of paper now on his hands,he then swiftly opens it and reads what's written on it.

"I see....a fun activity inside the Forest of Death....my type of thing".

Kira said to himself grinning,after doing so,he burns the paper to ashes by applying fiery chakra on it,with ashes now the only thing on his palm,he then dropped it at the toilet and flushed it,poof what was once a message was now nothing but unidentifiable ashes now browsing around the sewers,after that Kira takes his jacket and heads to his room and dresses up his normal outfit of his brown jacket,pants,and knuckle dusters to fullfil his job as a prodigal dentist,taking off people's teeth.

With his outfit now fully set,he calls out for Katsu(his dog) and the canine then compiles,quickly crawling to Kira,as the dog arrived Kira walked to the door and headed out to the Forest of Death,his favourite hangout spot,it didn't take him long as he is used to the maze of trees and knows most of the shortcuts onto the said place,then after a while,Kira arrives,upon reaching his destination,he noticed the flock along with some anbu,darn it.....I'm late,but Kira didn't care about the anbu's existence in the place,which led him to still walk in with his dog into the arena Riku made.

After doing so,Kira gave a pat to Riku's shoulders and then said.

"Seems like these anbu grunts are here to stop this fun event of yers....got any plans to deter em?".

Kira grinned after speaking,as he knew Riku probably has a fun plan of dealing with the mall cops and those types of plans are the ones Kira usually has fun with

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With the arrival of Asuka at the scene things had took a turn the mans eyes glancing across each of the known suspects as they turned up tilting his head to Kodoma before speaking in a hushed tone so only his fellow captain could hear him. "Well lets see what we can make of this one then shall we, first I must speak with Asuka about what has just occurred." Turning on his heels making note of each students words and who they were though that would not be difficult to do safe to say he knew all of them to some degree or another already.

Putting an arm round Asuka's shoulder before pulling her off to the side away from the others his tone was not a pleased one content with showing this was going to happen. "Please a moment." After doing so in a similar manner as he had done with Kodoma his tone was quiet though still held the rather annoyed pitch to it. "What on earth was that Asuka, yes as the main branch you may seek to calm the students though sparring and practice observed by their betters but do you realise where we are, where they have decided to do this. I use this place as a training ground for a damn good reason as do the ANBU as a whole, on top of that though you may have made this a legal activity it did not start out as such. You've put us in a poor position here with that one simple action I do hope your aware of that."

The man would give pause and allow Asuka to speak wondering how much she had thought through what occurred here and though he was facing the Chunnin at that moment in time each of the students would still be able to feel the mans eyes on them the glow of his Hakumei shifting from time to time to make them aware of that fact.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Their sudden dismissal, while amongst the least preferable outcomes in the long run, had made it so the problem which never ceased to be would be taken off their hands. That being said, Yoshihisa had expected to be spat upon both verbally as well as literally by coming here today, making what could be perceived as nothing more than informal legislation slightly harder to bear. ”Lets seek audience with Kenshin, agree upon relocation and leave it at that. Tough as it may be, these are still subjects we’re meant to protect, and to do so we should spend our time wisely in light of current events.” He leaned in to return the whispers, his unblinking gaze never leaving the students as despite their newfound rights they were still gathered somewhere they didn’t belong.

”That being said, the Main Branch has managed to handle this whole ordeal rather poorly by being this vague in their latest ordinance all the while obstructing another branch in the process.” Regardless of their personal interests, they had been halted by what was very much a work-in-progress, as knowing those involved it somehow gave them free reign to do whatever as long as it was even remotely related. Behind the mask his brow would furrow into a frown as Asuka was pulled aside, not envying the girl for the position she had been put in. ”Please go easy on her, Yukio. Granted, it could have gone a lot smoother, but it isn’t something to be divided over now if we are to fight together: Of all the others gathered here, at least she made the effort to follow protocol.”

There was a moment of pause as he briefly reflected on how low they’ve managed to set the bar in such a short amount of time, but it couldn’t be denied that by coming here she had genuinely shown that she could set her personal interests aside, knowing that she might face the wrath of her former mentor. Taking a deep breath, he took to sorting out his thoughts before finally resting a hand on his colleague‘s shoulder, hoping that he would be able to get through to him in his current state. ”Believe me, I would level this place if I were hedonistic like them, so we’re on the same page there. But lets just take to our opposition in a more sophisticated manner, shall we?” His words were by then nothing more than a low mumble, only to be heard by Yukio.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It certainly didn't take long for others to arrive; there was no shortage of students here now and practically a whole ANBU squad watching their every move. Kohaku couldn't say he was terribly familiar with who everyone here was, but he figured a couple of them were suspicious enough to attract a watchful eye in the minds of their superiors. No sooner did Kohaku finish 'greeting' both Ryujou and Riku, that he sensed the arrival of a few more fellow students. His fear of sitting still seemed to kick in again and he was already on his way to see who else was here. There was... the guy from his class who was arguing with the teacher... that one class Kohaku had haphazardly blundered into. Poor guy looked in pretty bad shape. There was that girl from his class as well, the polite one who seemed like she just wanted to succeed. The Inuzuka boy wasted no time in approaching them, hoping they'd at least recognise him.

"Katsu, right? And...uh...."

Shiromaru gave a small bark, then made a grunting noise.

"Reicheru!" Kohaku suddenly gasped, as if he came up with the answer all on his own without any help. Suffice it to say that Shiro couldn't roll his eyes hard enough. Suddenly, the little Shiba was growling playfully, looking like he'd just seen a squirrel. It wasn't long before Kohaku had a similar look in his eyes as he noticed Catsu. A filthy cat. Shiro let out a bark, looking like he was about to dive after him and give chase. Something distracted the both of them though...

Both the Inuzuka and his nin-ken gave a few sniffs to the air for a moment. A pin dropped. Then, both of them were suddenly on their feet again, moving quickly to the next student who had just arrived.

"I smell dog!"

The both of them ended up in front of Kiramaru and Katsu. Kohaku was already rather suddenly sniffing at Kiramaru and generally invading his personal space. He smelled oddly... clean, but still, there was no getting rid of the unmistakable scent of another canine. Those red marks on the boy's face as well, matching that of Kohaku. That could only mean one thing.

"Whoa, hey... Are you one of my cousins?"

WC: 385
MFT~

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed and looked up at the man once he started speaking. She was aware of all of this and more. But she had to take a different approach, especially if it involved this loudly bunch. She had heard about it and had been ordered to keep an eye on them but to not discourage the practice pf their skills. Students can get a lot from using what they have learned.

She first turned to the unknown Anbu member. "In this instance it would be my mistake, not the main branch. They're my responsibility."

Yukio-sama." Asuka started, having a determined look on her face. "It's not about where or where not to. You know this students, you know what they do. Telling them not to go to a place will just make them want to go even more. The point of this isn't whether it's legal or not. Yes, this wouldn't be the place I would've done this but even if I suggested a place what would be the chances of them coming here anyway? It was my judgment to keep an eye and stop anything stupid from happening." She sighed hoping he would understand. "But from experience, they would go where they wanted. Whether we told them they could or not,"

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back