Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission Run Away! BOAR! Modded Team Mission!

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Mission Rank: D-Rank
Requirements and Rewards: 550 Words per player [D-Rank: 20000 Yen, and 45 stat points or ASP (Mission Moderator gets +15)]
Objective: This just in, a rampaging boar has broken into the village and his heading towards the bountiful Arboretum! Shin is in the middle of surgery so he needs his daughter, Chikamatsu Toyoko, to find whomever she can to help her defend the Arboretum from this boar! Fortunately for her, she ran into Chikamatsu Ayame and Hayate Tadashi! Can these three students defend the Arboretum from this rampaging boar or will they become hog feed!?
The static sound of @Chikamatsu Toyoko headset would turn on as her adoptive father's voice could be heard. ~Toyoko, I am busy at the moment but Maho has sent in a report that a three meter tall boar is heading straight towards the Arboretum. I wish I could be there to help, but I am depending on you to prevent that boar from breaking in and destroying the vegetation we have spent so much time working on!~

Outside of the Arboretum the young shinobi-in-training could see a distant cloud of dust growing ever larger as the boar was heading straight towards her. Located near the Residential District it was no surprise that there was a large population of people traveling through this area completely unaware of the current situation. The high noon sun was hot and beaming down in this match of nerves, and Toyoko would be completely by herself in a sea of citizens, that was until she would be able to see @Hayate Tadashi and @Chikamatsu Ayame within the crowd.

The scene is set! What do you do?

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko was settling into life at the Omni Prime Medical Facility as well as she could. She was still constantly on edge around Shin and Kohana, doing her best to avoid them as much as she could. After Kohana decided to attack their class, she realized just how dangerous the woman's anger could be. From the few interactions that they had so far, Toyoko could only assume the woman only felt anger. She was constantly glaring, making biting remarks, and attacking or threatening those around her. That was why, after finishing up her duties inside for the day, the young girl had decided to go outside for a breath of fresh air and get away from the constant smiling and attempts at small talk that being inside brought about. Stretching her arms above her head, she sighs loudly and looks around. As usual, there is a large crowd of citizens of Sunagakure traveling the streets of the village, which is to be expected with their proximity to the Residential District. Shuddering at the thought of having to socialize any more that day, she instead seeks out refuse in the shade of a nearby building and settles against the wall to simply watch the people going about their lives.

Little did she know, her relaxing day was swiftly coming to an end. Just as she was getting comfortable, her headset crackles to life and Toyoko flinches as Shin's voice comes to her through the ear piece. ~Toyoko, I am busy at the moment but Maho has sent in a report that a three meter tall boar is heading straight towards the Arboretum. She tuned out the rest of his message, leaping to her feet and scanning the area nearby. One of the few requirements of her living with Shin and not being turned in for murder was to protect the Arboretum. How she was going to handle a three meter tall boar by herself? She had no clue. As the panic began rising inside of her chest, she spotted a couple of familiar faces in the crowd. Swallowing her insecurities, she rushes forward shouting out to Tadashi and Ayame. "Hey! You two! Over here, I need your help! Waiting for the other two students to come closer, she quickly explained the situation she found herself in. Leaving out the details of the accidental death of her guardian, but emphasizing the importance of protecting the Arboretum from the rampaging boar quickly approaching.

[WC: 410]

Hayate Tadashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking through the crowd Tadashi was eager to get back to his favorite training spot to continue his Taijutsu and Ninjutsu practice. He'd been determined to get stronger since his first day at the academy when he'd gotten into that fight with Ikari, and again with Shin Sensei's clones. Slapping at people and being called an idiot by his sensei were not things he wanted to experience again.

He weaves through the crowd gracefully like a leaf on an autumn breeze. Dipping in and around the moving crowd trying to make his way through faster when something catches his eye. A glimmer of mauve hair in the bright Suna sun— it was Ayame, his beautiful classmate that he'd hung out with a handful of times over the past couple weeks since their first class together. Approaching her with a smile and wave, Tadashi calls out:

"Ayame! Hey! How are you?! The previously shy Tadashi has become much more confident in the weeks that have gone by at the academy and from his training sessions. And this showed in his new demeanor, which especially comes out when talking with his classmates. He'd pause to allow Ayame to respond before he chimes in again: "So do you live close around here Ayame? Whatcha doing today? Any plans? Letting out a quick barrage of questions he would wait between each one for an answer. Then his attention is pulled away from the conversation as his stomach does a large audible growl... He had been in such a hurry to train today that he forgot to eat anything. Oh no this is so embarrassing... In front of her too... He scratches the back of his head awkwardly before he says: "Oops.. Must have skipped a meal today haha. Do you want to go get something to eat with me?" He nervously waits for an answer, but just as she's about to— his other classmate Toyoko comes running up and asking for help with a... 3 meter tall boar?!? Attacking the Arboretum?! Tadashi clenches his bandaged fists with excitement This would be the perfect way to test out his new skills in real combat! "Come on Ayame!" And without hesitation he grabs her hand and pulls her along as he begins to run after Toyoko to intercept the boar. "We gotta protect the Arboretum! It's our first mission haha!!

Word Count: 405

Chikamatsu Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Using her peripheral vision, Ayame dodges through all the other people walking through the busy streets as she focuses on reading the research journal she has in front of her. She's been reading up on the medical research of different plants and herbs to help her training and knowledge. She's about a third through the journal when she suddenly hears someone call out her name. "Ayame!" she stops in her tracks and looks around until she sees her classmate, Tadashi, heading towards her. She wasn't really interested in forming friendships, but Tadashi seemed to keep coming around, so eventually she just started letting him be around and tag along places. He's not the worst company I could have around. At least he's no longer clumsy and annoying like he was in the beginning when she first met him. is what she had decided about him after a couple of interactions together. "Oh. It's you. Hey Tadashi." she says as she turns back to continue where she left off in the journal. He starts bombarding her with questions to which she replies distractedly to each one with short and simple one word answers, "No. Nothing. Researching." she flips a page, her eyes still focusing on the journal. "Im reading this research journal I had borrowed about the medical benefits of some of the plants and herbs we have here, as well as what I could find outside of the village potentially during any missions. I prefer to be—" She's cut off by what she would call probably the loudest grumble she's ever heard someone have. One that makes her stop in her tracks and look up from the journal to look at Tadashi. She thinks it's a little funny, almost cute in a way as it reminds her of her younger siblings when they'd come to her to take care of them. "Do you want to get something to eat?" She pauses to think. Did she? She wasn't really hungry, but, a part of her was kind of getting used to doing things together with Tadashi, and, maybe even looking forward to it? "Hmm, Oka—" She's cut off when Toyokos suddenly appears and is frantically shouting for them to help. The Arboretum!? Oh crap! we can't let anything happen to it! She tries to remain calm to conjure up a plan but before she knows it, Ayame is blushing as Tadashi is grabbing her hand and rushing them forward.

Wc:410

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As the students dart towards the Arboretum the sound of panic can be heard growing louder as people let out shrieks and stalls along the path towards the Arboretum are splintered in two. The massive creature would begin to come into view! It's hide burnt black as red coursing veins of heat trailed across it's body. It's eyes glew with an unknown power and it's tusks appeared to be made of metal. No matter what this boar was, it no longer could be called an animal. A strange and corrupt creature that seemed to be fueled by a strange esoteric power.

Letting out a large squeal the the sound was nearly deafening as nearby glass windows burst from the vibrations. If this boar came too close to the Arboretum's glass structure it would be easily destroyed by a creature like this.

Whisps of flames could be seen come from it's mouth as it approached the trio of students, and almost as if targeting them the creature would engulf it's body in flames and tuck and roll into a high speed searing saw as it's tusks bore gashes into the ground before launching towards the trio. The cobble stoned roads fell into debris quickly as the metallic tusks cut through the stone like a heated blade through butter.

The students would quickly realize that this creature was a true threat to their own safety! Fortunately for them the rolled attack was easy to see coming, but would their bodies react quick enough to avoid the attack?

OoC: Welcome to Mock Battle!

Boar has 5,000 HP
Toyoko has 4,800 HP [Custom Class Mod of (45+Level)x100 Stamina] and 6,000 CP [Custom Class Mod of (45+Level)x125 Chakra Control]
Tadashi has 4,100 HP [Rookie Class Mod of (38+Level)x100 Stamina] and 4,100 CP [Rookie Class Mod of (38+Level)x100 Chakra Control]
Ayame has 2,665 HP [Rookie Class Mod of (38+Level)x65 Stamina] and 3,280 CP [Rookie Class Mod of (38+Level)x80 Chakra Control]

Every one will have 5 AP to use from the jutsu and abilities you currently have, simply list them at the end of your post and I will incorporate the success or failures in my next post!

Last edited:

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko sighs in relief as her classmates agree to help her with the boar problem. She didn't think that she would be able to handle something of this size by herself, so she was happy that she was able to locate someone that she knew had experience in something such as this. Her classmates had proved themselves to be capable during their class with Kohana and Shin. She just hoped that this boar wasn't harming anyone on its way to the Arboretum. Following the sounds of screams towards the Arboretum, Toyoko would notice that several stalls were being split and flying into the air. She quickly launches out some chakra strings to direct the debris away from falling on villagers, as the flaming boar in question came into view.

Gulping as she takes in its appearance, she stands and waits for her friends to step up alongside her. "Thank you for helping me. I didn't realize it was going to be this dangerous, but I think that if we work together we can easily take this boar down. It shouldn't be able to use any jutsu like Kohana did, so as long as we don't get hit by it up close, we should be alright!" Toyoko attempts to jump out of the way of the charging boar, tossing out Sharky and transforming it into a copy of herself. Whipping out Teddy, she presses a button on it's back and small blades pop out all across its body. Tossing it up in the air, she connects her chakra strings to it, and sends it hurtling towards the boar. A small red light appears in the stuffed animal's eyes, locking onto the beast's heart as the puppet begins spinning faster and faster until it becomes a whirling dervish of blades. She strikes at the boar's heart three times before pulling back her weapon. Toyoko then attempts to use a special jutsu she had learned recently, jabbing at the boar with the blades on Teddy's hand.

[WC: 333]

Actions:
1.25 AP - Puppet Transformation
.75 AP - Basic Strike, Called Shot to Heart
1.25 AP - Dagger Assault

Chikamatsu Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Still uncertain what exactly they were going to be up against, Ayame was determined to do whatever she had to in order to protect everyone that she could. They used the panicked screams to their advantage to help assist they're frantic search for the boar. She notices Toyoko's protective actions and realizes she doesn't know too much about them or spent much time around Toyoko despite them being family. Ayame assumed she always seemed to not really care about anything, but she's surprised that Toyoko really seem to have a caring nature about them. She can't lose herself in this observation so she refocuses after a quick "Nice thinking Toyoko!"

Soon they reach the cause of chaos and the dangerous boar is in sight. She gulps, "Uhh, why does it look like that!?" the boar looks almost... mechanical? she thinks to herself. She makes a mental note to ask questions and do some research after they first deal with taking the boar down... she hopes.

Ayame takes a stance and prepares her attack, she had been practicing and training her newly learned attacks, but she's never used them in an actual battle before, and to make matters worse, she's doing it in front of Tadashi and Toyoko. What if she fails? She can't let them see her fail, she can't look weak. With a determined look on her face, she takes a deep breath "Here goes nothing." She puts her hands together and creates 2 shadow clones of herself and places them in the front left and right side of the boars sight, in hopes to distract the boar. She then pulls a wave of water from beneath her and aims it to crash 3 consecutive forceful waves down against the boar.

WC:292

1 AP - Water gun
1 AP - Water gun
1 AP - Water gun
1.5 AP - Basic clone

Hayate Tadashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Leaping to the side Tadashi tries to dodge out of the way of the rolling boar as the street gets destroyed beneath the force of its massive body. Quickly regaining his footing he watches as Toyoko unleashes a sequence of moves followed by Ayame doing her own attack. Thinking to himself This is real. The danger, the threat, the FIGHT... Time to show off the results of my training... Tadashi casts out his arms and legs to the sides of his body and lets out a battle cry as he engulfs his fists and feet in a fierce wind chakra, they appeared to be vibrating in place from the intense winds. "Raaaaaahhhhh!! Let's do this!" Diving into the fight he sprints alongside the side of the boar and attacks at its stomach which was plump and low to the ground. Letting out a fast burst of Taijutsu Tadashi unleashes a flurry of blows, 1-2-3 hits then whipping around and hitting it another 3 times in a combo and then once more before finishing the assault with a 4 hit combo ending with a spinning roundhouse kick to the boar's stomach. The skin of the boar rippling with each impact with cuts from the wind chakra carving into its sides as it shreds away at the thick flesh of the boar. "Hyah!" he shouts as he releases the final kick and then jumps back and away from the boar before it retaliates. This is what it means to be a real ninja, to protect the village! "Your rampage ends here! I'm willing to put my life on the line to protect the people I care about!"

Word Count: 275
Actions:
1.5 AP Shredding Touch at master rank
.75 AP Janken
.75 AP Janken
.75 AP Janken
1.25 AP 4-Hit combo at master rank

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
In a series of quick and rapid succession the party would quickly realize that the physical blows caused by Toyoko’s puppet and Tadashi’s Taijutsu were incredibly effective. Though the bursts of water that Ayame cast out would hiss off into steam before the attacks landed. Almost as quickly as the boar charged into the scene it became evident that the students were more than enough to handle it on their own. Large open wounds would cut open the thick leather like hide releasing steam and vapors.

The body of the beast would begin to boil away and dark smoke would float into the air. This creature was a creation of some kind and it’s flesh returned back into the chakra from which it came.

For all of the destruction and chaos that this creature created on its way to the Arboretum this trio of student would realize that either it was weaker than it seemed or that they were stronger than they had imagined.

[Mission Complete!]

((OoC: if your total WC total is at least 550 you gain 20k yen and 45 Stat Points or ASP. If your total WC is at least 1100 you gain 30k yen and 67 Stat Points or ASP. When you leave this thread post your total word count! Ended this quicker than expected so that this could be done before the start of the exam))

Chikamatsu Toyoko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Toyoko heaved a sigh of relief as they stopped the rampaging boar, looking over at her companions. "Thank you both for your help. You have no idea how much I owe you both now. I'm going to go make sure that the villagers are alright and help to move some of the debris around so that it isn't just cluttering the streets. I'll see you both later!" Toyoko waves as she runs off down the street to help with clean up and triage.

[WC: 83 - Total WC: 826]
[Topic Left]

Chikamatsu Ayame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I'm not sure why you're thanking me, I didn't do a single thing being here..." She responds to Toyoko. "All of my attacks didn't do a single thing! If anything, I should be thanking you two" she points to Toyoko and Tadashi. She covers her face with her hands to try to hide her embarrassment. I'm useless. And now, everyone will soon know that I'm not good enough. I'm just making a fool out of myself here. she starts questioning her presence and reasons for being here I just have to keep training. I need to make myself useful. I need to be worth something. I can't stop now, I just need to keep pushing. She looks over at Tadashi, maybe she had been getting too close to people. Losing her focus, getting distracted. She can't let it continue. If anything, she's glad this happened now, so she can make the correct changes she needs to now, before it became too difficult. "Sorry Tadashi, you're going to have to get something to eat by yourself. I'm not able to come with anymore. I have to make myself useful "I'm going to go find ways I can help, and then will have to be home soon after, maybe another time." Before he has a chance to react or answer, she runs off towards the destruction and mess, flicking away tears from her eyes. They had shared some good times together and she knew feelings had started to develop there, even if she didn't want to admit them to herself.. but she knew better. She just had to keep her distance, keep to herself. It's better this way. She has to focus. She knew she could not let herself fall behind everyone else all because she wanted to make some friends or get distracted by a boy. She was determined, she decided then that she was going to spend most of her time training, how else would she prove to her family she's worth something? How else would she make her late father proud? She wonders what he would say if she told him about what happened and how embarrassing it was.. would he have been encouraging, or, would he have been disappointed in her?.. She didn't let the thought distract her for too long before finding an elderly couple attempting to pick up their fence that had fallen over, and heading over to them to help.

WC: 406
Total WC: 1108

Topic left

Hayate Tadashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tadashi watches closely after his assault on the boar waiting for some type of angry charge or for it to roll at him like it had before. Instead he stood in surprise as the massive boar keeled over and began to boil away and release an ominous dark smoke before it completely vanished into nothing. "What the??" His confusion was replaced by disappointment as the fight had ended just as soon as it had begun. "Aw man! I wanted to fight some more!! That can't be all there was!" He waits and looks to Toyoko as she thanks them for their help in defeating the giant boar and protecting the arboretum successfully. Tadashi smiles and nods to Toyoko and then hears Ayame speak. He turns to face her as she says she hadn't been any help in the fight. She covers her face in embarrassment and Tadashi utters a simple, quiet "Ayame I-... He starts to walk towards her and stops in his tracks as she says "Sorry Tadashi, you're going to have to get something to eat by yourself. I'm not able to come with anymore." a slight pause before she continues "I'm going to go find ways I can help, and then will have to be home soon after, maybe another time." And then she was gone before he could say another word. Left speechless, Tadashi wondered what else might be going on for Ayame. Sure her attacks weren't effective against this enemy, but that didn't mean she had failed in his eyes. Clearly she wanted to be alone and that's what he would allow her to do for now, maybe they could still meet at another time and talk about what's really going on. He could only hope. Did that day at the beach mean nothing to her? He thought they had bonded over that special day and he thought...well... that she liked him as well. That was the impression he got from that day at Seaside Paradise with her. But here she was, running away from him, wanting to be alone. Maybe that was what he should do as well, focus on himself and his training... He says goodbye to Toyoko and turns towards home.

Along the way he passes by the shopping district where he sees and smells the various food stalls and restaurants. His stomach growls again and he just keeps on walking straight home. Having lost his appetite, he continues to walk in silence until he reaches his home.

He slides the door open to his room and climbs into his bed. Once there he continues to lay in the silence as a calm, inviting, familiar feeling washes over him. Looks like I'm alone again... He closes his eyes and eventually drifts off to sleep despite it being the middle of the day.

Word Count: 468
Total Word Count: 1,148
Topic Left

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back