Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Sage Art: Ramen Eating Thread [Private Tutor]

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a long day of schoolwork that he had just completed, hearing his stomach growl, he rubbed his belly and made his way out of the academy, stepping through the door, he thought of activites he could participate in, he thought of spending the day training after he was done with eat, making the turn and heading towards the Red Oak district he licked his lips at the thought of all the amazing food that they had in Konoha. He was glad that Konoha Red Oak district had so much to offer. On his way there he thought of ways he could make his day more exciting. Ryo thought about making him eat a challenge, He thought about candidates that he could challenge. Ryo thought that he could only challenge someone, the only person that came to his mind was Tatsuo the mad man who was shouting all by himself in the forest of death and until recently a teacher of his.

Before continuing forward, he made his way towards the hotel room of Tatuso, he walked there and thought about ways he would go about challenging him, he didn’t want to make a scene and he wanted enough time to arrive in to the Red Oak district to choose the local of where this challenge would take place. Immediately stopping in his tracks, he could only think of one place that he enjoyed enough that he would eat vast amounts. Arriving at the entrance of the Hotel, he quickly asked the clerk for a pen and paper and quickly wrote the challenge out, he folded up the paper, Thanking the clerk respectfully and made his way to Tatuso front door, he quickly slide the note under the door and ran off to make the preparations for the challenge. Quickly making his way out of Maple town, Ryo knew he had enough money to cover the costs, if not he would just make it so that the loser would pay the bill left, smirking and knowing his empty stomach would win him the tournament he was certain that the older Shinobi would not be able to beat him.

Arriving, the sun was over the Red Oak district, It was midday the streets were filled with people out looking for a bite, either in Azumi’s Dango shop or what Ryo considered the best place in the world to eat the Ichriaku Ramen shop. He had always wanted to eat but he always enjoyed making everything a challenge, smirking he watched as the cook had set the bowls in front of the young Uchiha, beside him an empty seat and a similar set up. Ryo held his chopsticks tightly in both hands, he had sent word earlier that day to Tatuso issuing him a challenge to see who can eat the most bowls between the both of them. The cook turned to him “You know if you eat enough we’ll put your picture up.” The chef pointed to the wall with pictures of those before him. Ryo smirked he will have something that he can use to lord over Tatsuo, Ryo had only his lunch from the academy that day and not much else, his stomach growled. Hopefully Tatsuo didn’t take long to respond to his challenge, he looked at the cook, “How many times do you get a request like this?” Ryo looked at the man with a look of curiosity, the cook nodded “Yeah we do, a lot of this. But you need to eat a substantial number of bowls to even be placed on the wall, boyo.” Ryo grit his teeth, he was determined to place himself on that wall and to beat Tatsuo.

Wc:616/1500

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo had just left the shower as he first noticed the note on the ground at the front of the door. Saito had to be off doing something, but Tatsuo didn't mind the independence the boy was gaining, much like he did in Kumogakure it was important for him to form his own adventures without the constant watch of his teacher. Bending over to pick up the paper he furrowed his brows and shrugged his shoulders. Placing it on a table he began to get dressed before dealing with its contents. Running over to the closet and throwing on a white shirt and a long gray hoodie he put on some long pants. He opened up the window real quick, noticing how cold it was and knew he'd need the jacket. Winter was coming. While the winters in Konoha never got too frigid, a jacket and a long sleeved shirt might be needed in it's heavier months.

After finally slipping into a pair of Nindidas' he grabbed the letter and made his way to the front lobby of the office. Opening up the paper to one of the women clerks he pointed to it and said "Hey, the hand-writing is a bit tough. Can you read this to me?" The women pursed her lips and squinted her eyes, offering a smile to Tatsuo as she read out the challenge to him, followed by a little chuckle. Tatsuo grew red in embarrassment, while he had nothing against a challenge he didn't exactly wish to share that he had little kids asking him to ramen eating contests. The woman laughed with, or at, Tatsuo he couldn't really tell, but after thanking her with a quick nod and bow he headed outside to go see what Ryo was talking about. He hadn't been to Ichiraku since his return to the village. He couldn't help and get a little bit excited, he had grown a liking to Ryo after their few times meeting here and there but there were few things he missed as much as a steaming bowl of ramen from Icihraku.

Being before people got off work and after the students got out of school, the village wasn't all that busy. Tatsuo was able to walk through the roads at a relaxed pace thinking to why Ryo would challenge him to such a thing. Maybe it was a trap? Maybe he was going to try and capture Tatsuo as some little prank. Maybe he just wanted free food, either way Tatsuo laughed to himself as the visuals flashed into his head. Putting his hand into his wallet he felt how many bills he had inside and cringed, he would have to go on a mission or two and make that wallet a little fatter. Too bad he was a Chuunin, no one believed him when he said he could go on more difficult assignments, despite being more on par with your typical Jonin but there wasn't much he could do about it. Maybe he would go speak with the Hokage and request a promotion, if Umashi was Hokage it'd be a lot easier. He sighed and shook his head, he really shouldn't say things like that.

As he entered the ramen shop, he instantly scanned the room for Ryo who was speaking with the chef. "So kid, hope you're ready to eat because I just woke up." he said laughing as he walked over to the bar stool, hopping on. He looked over to Ryo and smiled, "So what's up? Why'd you wanna have an eating competition?" He grabbed a pair of chopsticks and breaking them with a satisfying click. "Not that I mind or anything, but when I was your age I hated to lose. You must be a bit more humble than I." he said nudging his shoulder as he ribbed him a little bit.

WC: 645

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryo smirked at Tatuso, “What took you so long? Is it those old bones that slowed you down or was it that you couldn’t read my note without some reading glass. And was to why I called you here that’s not important. Lose to you?” He laughed loudly, he couldn’t believe that he would lose to Tatuso, It was time for him to bring his ego down a notch, He looked down at his Nindidas “I can see you’re finally wearing proper shoes and not ones.” Ryo gagged a bit “Shurikens.” To him it felt like he was trying to say a word so foreign to him that it was difficult to get out. He placed the bowl in front of him, he looked intensely at it, “I guess you’ll have to leave the village after you lose to an academy student, won’t you? My age? How were you when you were my age?” he was curious about this although he often made remarks to call Tatuso as an elderly man, he was only a few years older than himself.

“You know you can tell me after, I’ve wiped the floor with you.” He waved over to the chef to begin serving the bowls to the duo, “Man, I can’t wait to tell Yaboi about this.” He smiled at the thought of bragging to his friend that he wiped the floor with Tatsuo, “You know Yaboi right? He’s a pretty good friend of mine, he’s of the Nara. He’s really smart and lazy, to the point where you can’t believe how lazy he is. But he’s strong, like me. When he fought in the tournament he easily beat both of his opponents, and we’re fighting next!” Ryo talked and talked as the chef poured their bowls full of ramen, Ryo could hear him pouring it, his stomach grumbled loudly, he watched him the steam rise. He was ready for to eat. He turned to Tatsuo “Looks like he’s these are coming fresh.”

WC:332
TWC:948

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo grinned as he shared jabs with the boy, each trying to get under the other's skin but with no real malice included. It was fun honestly, but he sat for a moment when Ryo asked what he was like when he was his age. "Well.. I think.." he tapped a few fingers on the table as he thought about Ryo's questions. "I uh--" he stopped himself after he saw the food was beginning to be prepared, he would have little time to talk, especially with such fierce competition. "Oh yeah, I've met with Yaboi he asked for training the other day when I was eating at this shop in town. It's kind of cool, ya' know? Almost makes me feel old, though." he said with a smirk as a bowl was placed in front of him.

Leaning back he let out a sigh and looked to Ryo. "Alright at the count of three... Three.. two.. one!" and with that, he sprung into action, bringing the bowl up he went to drink before he realized just how hot it really was. Placing it back down he dry heaved for a moment trying to cool down his tongue. "Hot! Hot! OHHHH that is hot!" He could hear his tongue sizzle to the point he almost forgot about the conversation. The chef in the back was laughing hard but provided a glass of water in which Tatsuo gingerly drank, after his mouth cooled down he went back to the race, slurping noodles, beef, and veggies alike. It looked like he wasn't stoppign any time soon, pushing past the pain in his mouth. He really needed to let his mouth cooldown more, he started to feel like his tongue was burnt more than it wasn't. After a bit of eating that bowl he took a quick sideways glance to see just how far Ryo had gotten..

WC: 958/1500

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ryo’s mouth was watering the moment the bowl was filled, the moment it was filled he dived in famished, but took only a short break, to breath heavily, and nodded in agreement that the dish sure was hot. But he was quick to dive back in while Tatsuo drunk his water. The food was delicious exactly what he expected from Ichriaku Ramen, the best store in the world. He thought as he downed the bowl. Ryo particularly enjoyed the beef in the Ramen, the noodle was excellent but the he always enjoyed the beef, he felt as if there was nothing better than what was in this bowl. As he continued to eat the intense heat that was there the moment he started feasting was gone. He went from eating with the chop sticks to eating to lifting the bowl up to his face to as if he wanted to drown in the ramen broth.

He pushed the bowl aside, there were no leftovers left the broth was gone, Ryo rubbed his belly for a minute before nodding, and looked at the chef “More, Please!” Ryo was ready to begin once more. This was not a challenge that he could allow his opponent to have time to respite, he watched the bowl the chef bring out more “Don’t worry it’s coming.” Ryo gritted his teeth, he always thought faster is better, whenever there’s a competition. He looked over at Tatuso looking to see if how far he had progressed.

WC:249
TWC:1207

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
With his mouth finally void of the burns that ailed him just moments earlier he got ready for round two. As the second bowl was presented to him, he was quick to blow in some air to prevent his mouth from being burned again. After he thought it was a manageable temperature he dug back in and nearly devoured the second bowl. He looked over to Ryo and noticed him doing well, but if Tatsuo continued at this pace he realized he would easily overcome the boy. There was no fun in smashing the kid, so he slowed down and let Ryo catch up a bit. Grabbing his stomach he looked at Ryo and stuck out his tongue. "You know, no one wins in an eating competition." he said with a laugh as he ordered round three. "Whenever you're ready mister."

The chef offered a generous nod and then smirked, "Do you guys think you can take the.. real challenge? So far i've been giving you guys the easy meals. I'm not sure after all you've eaten you could take our super.. rich! Ultimate, meat stuffed, veggie covered, ramen bowl! Enough to feed a family of five for a week. If you two can devour it within an hour.. I might just let you guys eat free." The old man knew it would be nearly impossible for the two to do it, especially after eating so much already. A perfect scheme, two competitive shinobi, well one shinobi and one shinobi-to-be, would never give up a challenge, especially when the air was ripe with competition.

Tatsuo took in a deep breath, realizing what he was about to do. This moment would change his life, there was no way he could say no, Ryo might think he was weak and he surely couldn't have that. But he knew his health would suffer by this choice, perhaps even his mental fortitude. A tough decision with only one true answer. "Bring it on." Were the only words Tatsuo spoke as the smirk on the chef's face only grew. Tatsuo realized that he couldn't face this challenge alone, the only way he could have a feeble chance at victory was to make an unlikely alliance with the rival that brought him here in the first place. Leaning over and lowering his voice, he spoke to Ryo in barely a whisper. "Alright kid, bet's off. It's us vs him now, we're going to eat that bowl and get our free meals. Sound good?" he said offering a fist bump to the kid, to show him solidarity in this revolutionary moment in their lives.

WC: 1395/1500

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
His finished his third plate, taking a moment to catch his breath from the ramen he was surprised that Tatuso could even keep up with him. Ryo listened to the chef’s ultimate bowl, he placed his hand over his gut, he was feeling a full, Ryo was unsure that he could even continue this on for another three to four more bowls, but the thought of not having to pay sounded very appealing he was not. Ryo heard Tatsuo accept this challenge. Ryo’s eyebrows rose up the moment he saw the huge ramen bowl come out, that moment he thought that Tatsuo was foolish for taking up the chefs offer. He listened to Tatsuo’s whisper of them joining together and eating the bowl.

He looked at the shinobi’s new offer “Alright, but if we fail you’re going to pay the cost since you took up the offer.” Ryo looked at the Tatsuo’s fist bump. He smiled, and met the fist bump with one of his own. “Alright, we’ll do this.” He moved his seat closer to the large bowl, and looked at it intensely. He was unsure if even they would be able to finish this bowl after they ate so much, Ryo knew that he had to persevere along with Tatuso, Ryo and he assumed Tatsuo didn’t want to pay the amount of money that had accumulated after they ate all those bowls. “Let’s do this.” Ryo started to eat the side opposite of Tatsuo.

WC:246
TWC:1453

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Tatsuo smirked and nodded, "Sure kid, I wasn't going to let you pay anyways." When the huge bowl was presented Tatsuo bit his bottom lip it would take everything he had to eat this thing. However with Ryo at his side.. perhaps he could just do it. What was it with kids being able to eat a lot, last time he took on one of these challenges it was with Saito who probably ate just as much as he did. "Let's go!" he said as he began to dig into the food, noodle after noodle, veggie after veggie. It almost seemed like it would never end, reaching for a spoon he grabbed a big scoop and sipped up the broth. It tasted good but it was just so much. He wondered if the two could really manage.

WC: 1532/1500

Uchiha Ryo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Yeah, I wouldn’t pay because I wouldn’t have lost.” He smiled at Tatuso. Ryo went in deep in the ramen bowl, he was going as fast as he can, attempting to eat it all. Ryo started thinking that Tatsuo wasn’t such a bad guy, the young academy student could sure learn from this Chuunin who’s done much, and is obviously no joke. That much was proven when he last tutored him. Ryo watched as the bowl was getting smaller and smaller, his eyes widen as the thought of them finishing the bowl would save them both from giving payment, but the quickly began to feel full, he was eating too much and had begun to slow down, hoping Tatuso would keep up the pace.

WC:124
TWC:1577

Tatsuo

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was a struggle but Tatsuo managed to eat the last bit. A final noodle he slurped up, to the chefs expense. He thought it impossible for one to finish such a meal especially after how much they ate. But a deal was a deal so their food was free. Tatsuo cheered before grabbing his stomach, he really did eat too much. He extended a fist bump to Ryo and was happy to have finished.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back