Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Say Something [Private]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Although the room was clean, there was the itching sensation at the back of Umashi's neck that something might go wrong. Indeed, the room was a banquet room where extravagant parties were usually held. No doubt some of the best tales had been told of what happened in this room, and there was even less a doubt in the Hokage's mind that a number of children had been conceived based on the copious amounts of liquor that had flowed between these walls. With information to share that was both joyous and sad , Umashi sat alone in the medium sized space wearing a color that he typically tried to avoid, the color black. Without his medical whites to calm the ones that he was soon to be speaking to, the fact that he wore black could only mean that there was action to be taken and that there was plan for the medical emergency.

Having invited a few select individuals, Umashi started to kick his feet up but stopped short. Instead, he sat in his color swapped shinobi gear and cloak with a somber look on his face. With the room neatly arranged for a party, water had been provided for the few who would be assembled, as well as an appetizer of tortilla chips and salsa. A strange meal of sorts, Umashi found it fitting for the hopefully brief nature of what he had to say and for those invited. The sooner that they could get over the particular news that was needed, the sooner that he could get to setting up the meeting with the other Kage and Sennin present in the Tea Country. Having cast the net far and wide, a number of characters were sure to join, even Kaji and the lot from Kumo. Of course there was Suna too, and hopefully somebody or another from Tea or Grass would show up. They were the outliers, but Umashi was still willing to extend the olive branch.

OOC: Waiting for those who were invited.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
bINVQdP.png

leaf_sennin.gif

Uncertain to the summoning, the medical sennin ensures her medical attire crisp and tailored detailed to the best of her abilities. Neatly Mikasa's digits braid her platinum tendrils, weaving together her usual professional appearance and snuggling fitting her obsidian spectacles on the rim of her nose. The kunoichi narrows her vibrant oceanic gaze against the ivory coat belonging once to Lord Umashiashikabihikoji, adorning herself with the jacket, the maiden fastens the fabric before heading to the meeting location. Truth to be told the two were not particularly close with one another, yet the Nidaime Hokage held her respect, to usher forth the next generation and pave the wave to be taken over was not a simple task; Mikasa doing her utmost to do just that.

Delicately the sennin presses through the door prior to taking a light breath to settle any potential off setting nerves. Unexpectedly did her superior visit the land of Kurosawa, leaving the medical nin perplexed. The potential explanation were that the leader of the village had come to join the festivities and cheer for his fellow comrades while they represent the village in the tournament; however that particular hypothesis seemed lacking. Extending her index finger to press the material between the two lenses of her glasses upwards, she bows her head respectfully to the dark garbed hokage.

Mikasa's initial thoughts revolve around the unusual hue, normally he would wear vibrant colors, but this gave the impression he were mourning. Had there been disaster in the village in such a short period of time? Had there truly been trouble in the village from the moment she were asked to participant in the village and left? Surely not. A series of troublesome notions begin to plague her mind, yet she knew better to jump to conclusions without concrete evidence.

Taking a seat directly across from the male, the sennin's legs cross daintily over one another and her hands cusp together upon the edge of the table, "Lord Umashiashikabihikoji, I hope all is well. I was surprised to hear of your ventures to Tea Country, however it is certainly pleasant." her vocals a soothing wisp.

<i>​
</i>

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to move through the streets of this beautiful place admiring the sites and sounds of a new place, the new sites that had to be seen in the fact that they had all managed to make it to this tournament. That was something that Takeshi had to respect the organization something like this must require even Takeshi would be a fool to ignore that one. He allowed a small sigh to come to his lips as he checked his outfit once more before standing from the lodge that he had taken, he wanted to be fresh for today and a good night’s sleep had seen that to its purpose.

Takeshi pulled on the familiar black military style trousers that he worse and the white vest underneath as he allowed himself to sigh knowing full well that today was going to be another long day for himself. He allowed himself to grab the cloak that he normally wore as part of his Sennin look, the black cloak with white trim framing his figure as he allowed himself to pull it up over his back a small smile as he looked at the reflection of himself in the mirror for those few seconds.

Takeshi nodded before he headed out of the room grabbing his sword on the way he threw the weapon on his back in that split second and allowed a small smile to come to his lips. Heading down the streets that he had only just got to know he allowed himself to go towards the destination that he had been given. As he allowed himself to go towards the well-known room his hand coming out towards the door as he clicked it opened and stepped inside to look around he allowed a small smile to come to his lips.

“Looks like I’m not the first one to this party. Lord Hokage, Sennin Mikasa how are you both doing?”

He allowed himself to slide into the room as he took a seat and glanced around at the estranged selection of snacks that had been decided for him. Interesting choice he had to admit but he was here to hear what the Hokage had to say just like the rest of them in the room as he waited for the others to arrive. They would no doubt be arriving in different orders he just waited to see which one was next.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Welcoming the two Sennin, Umashi was at first alarmed that Yomi had decided not to join them, but was just as equally understanding. Having told her the news while they were in route to the Tea Country, her initial outburst was one that he hoped that his children were too young to forget. She was furious not at the news, but at the answer that followed her immediate question. Taking a sip of water, Umashi cleared his throat and then spoke. "I called all the Sennin here today, Mikasa, Takeshi, Yomi, Tamashii and Kenshin . . . to announce to you that I will be stepping down . . . retiring if you will, from all duties of the Hokage. That will also include serving on the village council and forgoing any branch duties." Somehow for Umashi, blurting out the first part made the rest of what he had to say more therapeutic for how he really felt. Without giving much room for the next and probably most important question, he continued on, providing an explanation of his own of how and why he'd come to this conclusion. While he spoke, through the eyes of those before him he could see the information being processed much in the same way as it had for Yomi. He could only imagine the initial heart drop and then the hope, but for one of the Sennin, there would no doubt be a consuming anger in due time.

"After my most recent stint away, and looking at the toll that it had taken on my wife, I came to the realization that I needed to focus on her and our growing family. Triplets are no joke and to believe that somehow I could give my all to both duties would have resulted in a disservice to one or both my family or the village. I love them with all my heart and indeed, I love Konoha as well, but I would have been a liability at a certain point if someone managed to try and use my family's well being against me. Pausing just long enough to take another sip of water, he held up a finger to continue to bide time against the question of the hour. "Tama once implied that I hadn't truly sacrificed anything in this world and to a degree, he was right. Hopefully with this next journey in my life, I'll have sacrificed enough to justify a good life from here on out. The mantle of Hokage is one of great sacrifice. It's as they say, 'heavy is the head that wears the crown', and I hope that my successor understands that.

Knowing that Mikasa would know of Tama's words since she was the one who'd delivered his children, Umashi also knew that she was one of the few who knew that his daughter was technically neither his nor Yomi's, but adopted. Umashi trusted her and owed her a great debt but she probably wasn't going to like what he next stated. "I originally told the rest of the Village Council of my plans about a month ago. and they immediately went into deliberation about who my successor would be. As you know, it's highly unprecidented to have three living Hokage at the same time. In times past, there have been two Hokage living during the same period due to old age or health reasons, but this was something that they had to go to the historical law books about. As you've probably guessed, Yomi was invalidated due to her stint as the Sandaime Hokage and by extension due to her connection to me. We are not a village that runs on nepotism and my family fortunately . . . or unfortunately will not forced into such a position so as to rival that of the Daimyo. The Council then in turn looked at the other Sennin, more specifically, the Branch Sennin for the Shodaime Hokage and the vote was cast and signed into the records. As we speak, preparations are being made to make the final needed political things official with the Daimyo but what's done is done. I myself received word of their decision before I left for the Tea Country. Officially I will be stepping down at the start of the Spring and effective at that time, my successor will be officially installed as the new Hokage."

Disrupted by the opening of the door at the far end of the room, Umashi stopped as he saw the figure and then took the moment to help himself to a chip that he slowly dug into salsa. As far as he was concerned, what was done, was done and there was no point being on the wrong side of history. Inu Endo the former Tsuchikage had died due to transitional drama headed by the then Earth Daimyo. Umashi certainly didn't expect things to get that hostile but he knew that a table being flipped over was within the realm of possibilities. Enjoying his chips and salsa now would be a wise move for one looking to stay clean. Between the two of them, Umashi had an opinion on who should lead and who should follow, but in the end his vote, or lack there of wouldn't have and didn't matter in the end. The Village Council had made their decision and as a member of the Council, at least at that time, he had to fall in line with their decision. As much as he had enjoyed Konoha, it would be a most welcome vacation to get away from the nuances of the political and military realm for the sake of enjoying a day at the beach with his family, or a retreat to the snow capped mountains to enjoy a warm fireplace under the stars.

OOC: Umashi is pausing in speech due to seeing someone else enter the room. This is a way for Yomi, Tama or Kenshin RP coming in.

OOC #2: Effective March 15th, 2018, I will step down as Hokage and Leaf Village Council member. Official announcement of successor will be made in my next post.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi was running late. Of course, she was not in a rush to do anything other than take her time. She was well aware of this meeting, and what her husband intended to tell them as a group; His last official address to them as Hokage, though, since pillow talk afforded her some privileges she was not in a rush to hear news she had already heard. Perhaps she would practice her surprised face a little bit but laughed herself into a frenzy at the thought. The Goddess was feeling particularly good today and nothing was going to bring her mood down. She was determined! She kissed her kiddos goodbye before making her way to this meeting.

Upon arrival she stood outside the meeting room, sipping slowly from the cup she filled up before she left the children. The woman was hesitant in if she actually wanted to be here for this. Of course, like Tea, she was being forced into this as well. Well, perhaps she would let Umashi have this one last time. After all, this was the last time he could really force her to do anything. She slowly opened the door holding a cup and quietly made her way to sit next to the Medical Sennin.

Yomi was just here by the Hokage's request and had nothing to say in an attempt to get him to stay. On the contrary, she was quite pleased that he was stepping down and she hoped everyone would accept it as such.

Missing the entirety of his spiel, the Sennin sipped some more from her cup wondering where they were in this whole announcement.

“Did you declare your replacement yet?” She asked bluntly as she looked blankly at Umashi and then to those gathered in the room. Given that everyone wasn’t even here yet, she figured that he did not, but, she could always be wrong. The woman swayed in her seat rhythmically as she continued to sip from her cup letting them get on with it. She wasn’t sure what was going to come of today, but, henny anything was possible.
bc4072b7c33846586ee66ee0f5e92d62.jpg

(Topic Entered)

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mikasa surely missed a portion in the memo stating it had been an all black attire meeting, for when the ANBU Sennin appeared his dark garbs contrast highly against the medicals ivory coat. With a mere wave of her sole gloved hand the maiden replies in a brisk tone, "Fairly well, considering my required participation in the tournament." she chuckles gently. Ocean orbs fixate upon the moss hair ANBU operatives sword, perhaps the kunoichi would have been better off to wear a scalpel from her neck as decoration? Dismissing the thought the notion her fully attention is given to Lord Umashiashikabihikoji.

Unexpectedly the bombshell is dropped up the duo, his passing of the mantle coming far quicker than one could possible imagine; after all, the shinobi had only recently returned to active duty not that distant in the past. More baffling was the term village council, were the Sennin not the village council themselves? Who were the potential faceless? Frightening to be unable to gaze upon the unknown when it lurks within your own home. Never once wavering, Mikasa leans forward upon clasped hands, her chin finding refugee as listens intently, "Lady Yomi not being able to participate in the choices for your successor is odd, none within the village ever once thought of the connection being a reason. Especially considering the secrecy of your relationship." she replies in a dove tone.

With that tid bit of information, the remaining two were branch leaders and ultimately meaning Uchiha Takeshi against Tsukasa Mikasa. Far too early to jump to conclusions, but the goal of helming the village within reach, the Medical Sennin able to ensure the future for the growing generations she cares for. On the opposite hand, the suspended Sennin who sits nearest her able to gain the title and no doubt his experience a clear advantage. Regardless, the initial outcome out of her hands as the forces of the council Lord Umashiashikabihikoji speaks of an unknown force. To be honest, the only assuring item was that the Hokage wasn't going to be gifted into a higher position.

Prior to the medical nin speaking would Lady Yomi announce her arrival, bluntly inquiring of her husband announcing the results. A thin grin appears upon her features, Mikasa enjoyed the oddities of her former superior; more so thrilled in the fact she heeded her words and took priority of her family while allowing Mikasa full control of the branch. "I am sure regardless of the results, if I am to be announced, Lord Takeshi will speak words and I if he is to be named. An unavoidable exchange, but we are both logical." pausing she glances around, "I was hoping I would be able to meet your temporary replacement, Takeshi-san, she remains in the shadows?" she tilts her head curiously.​
<i>​
</i>

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Rolling. The tiny squeaks of a chair seemed to be amidst the halls. Rolling. The air of judgement seemed to be apparent that these things would all be led into a culminating point of resolution. The Man known as Yumoto Tamashii had been, through a series of events been considered dead. Even to those who were the ANBU they all needed to leave the man alone for a while. As he recovered from a near fatal mistake. Umashi, the man that he'd hated helped him, even though Tamashii's hatred for him boiled through, he wanted nothing more than to help him in the air of his decisions. It would seem that the Broker of Konoha would not go down so easily. He was a shell of himself, as in his body was still recovering from the brunt of the self destruction he'd gone through. Like out of your local General Hospital episode... Tama would be pushed through the halls to this place where Umashi had told him to be.

He was running late, but any man that had died and been raised back from the dead, though it didnt at all matter now, he was here and going to be going back to his personal dealings once he was able to walk on his own. Though now, as a personal assistant would roll him to the door he would look up, "I've got it from here... I'll radio you if I need any further help.", to which his assistant would nod before blurring out seemingly warping from view. Hmm, The Seikon Assistant seemed to be more useful now. At any pace, the man of pettiness would open the door before rolling in to hear Umashi speaking, Tamashii would look to everyone with a gentle smile before his eyes loomed over to Yomi. Instantly his heart swelled, but he had to keep his composure for now. Things would be explained soon enough, and maybe he could be of service to whomever was going to be the air apparent replacement to Umashi's reign.

"Hello Everyone, sorry for my elongated tardiness, its unbecoming of me and will not happen again.", with a deep breath he would roll himself into the room before settling somewhere between Mikasa and Takeshi, being within an arm's length of them both but far enough to see them through his peripherals. It was time to do everything this village needed and more.... but he was surely ready for the real execution to begin as he looked around again, he wondered who out of the leaders here were stable enough to proclaim themselves the next generations leader? Hmmm... Indeed Hmmm...

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Coming together at the last minute, it was probably for the best that Kenshin wasn't present in the room because with Mikasa's tone, Umashi knew fully well what was coming next. Yomi had hyped things up and Tama wasn't going to cut him any slack. With the vote already set in stone, there was going to be madness and there was going to be pandemonium for someone or another today. He'd be blamed either way, even if they ever found out that he had abstained from voting for the next Hokage entirely. Giving Yomi a damned look, Umashi wondered why she so carelessly drank liquor despite nursing three children. True there were the wonders of medicine but still, it gave a back look to things and it certainly wasn't becoming for a woman of her stature. Then too there was Tamashii hobbling in, better late than never, as they said. Like the crescendo of a poignant song, Umashi held on to the relative moment of peace for as long as he could before he announced what many had probably already guessed.

"The Council with overwhelmingly majority vote, chose Uchiha Takeshi to be the Shodaime Hokage per my retirement."

Though he continued to speak of how he hoped that the various Sennin would work with their branches to support the Council's vote, Umashi could already tell that it wasn't going to be the case. With the air sucked out of the room, Umashi bore news that would bode well for the Uchiha clan, and no doubt bring to truth the nightmare of so many others. As if a great weight had been lifted off of his shoulders, Umashi found that he could breathe better and that he didn't feel so constrained anymore, but it was also while talking that he lost track of what exactly he was saying and subconsciously repeated the same memorized spiel that had been repeated to him about the vote. As he spoke, his eyes would dart from attendee to attendee as he looked for any sign of movement. This was the sort of moment that people died for and the last thing that he needed was for such a civil meeting to end on a sour note. Hopefully they wouldn't be replacing more than one Sennin today. Even if they did though, it would soon not be his problem and besides that, his realestate agent had already lined up a number of homes for him and Yomi to visit. An oasis resort in the Wind Country, a coastal villa in the Fire Country and a mountain retreat in the Lightning Country, life would be good in just a few short months . . .

OOC: Uchiha Takeshi has been/was voted as the next Hokage, to be taking over on March 16th, 2018.

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Looking to Mikasa as she spoke just as he entered, Tama would find himself marginally annoyed with the situation already. This was turning out to be a subject that he didnt want to be apart of internally being that he'd worked with Umashi for so long he'd simply grown accustomed to the idea. Tama found the thoughts racing through his mind causing his spine to shiver at notions of anyone being ready to run the nation. While Umashi wasnt perfect, he was better than the current crop to come, it was better that Tamashii had worked with Umashi with all of the dealings in the village. From spreading of wealth to all communities to partitioning that he deal with construction with a mind for what the village needed and not personal desires. He'd sat down with that man for years, and still to this day the dark skinned male, the full breed of his half, always seemed to surprise him with his clever yet, coy tact.

As Umashi would speak, Tama would adjust himself in his wheelchair before locking himself in place as he would begin to speak without looking at anyone but Umashi, "Tell those old bastards of the council, that they need to be around the village before they go about making decisions on who should run it. Nothing to or against Takeshi, but he is not ready to lead, he has not been groomed for the position.", heaving an exasperated sigh, Tamashii found himself at a loss as he dealt with the silence giving a moment to give an air to what he said. Aside from Umashi, Tamashii was one of the eldest tenured in the village let alone the room they chose to be seated in, his words held ground. He was the first ANBU Sennin of the Umashi Regime, and held many different positions which led him to the one he was granted, Personal Advisor and Counsel to the Hokage position. Many could think that Tamashii would be able to be Hokage himself... but alas that was not in the stars for this man. He was stable now because of Mikasa's doing, and alive thanks to the works of hie best friend but most hated comrade, Umashi. Tamashii had watched from the shadows, managed issues with a swift and quiet hand.

"Uchiha Takeshi, what makes you think you're cut out for this position... When you failed to find My Sister and Baba Gagoze as they were missings, you failed to bring back the ambassador of Sunagakure, the former sennin of Konoha, your dealings with mercenaries which led to the addition of one. . .", trailing off for a moment he brought a hand waving around until it rested upon his bearded chin until he snapped his fingers, "Ah!, Maki, Right and him into an ANBU Captain? What do you have to say for yourself? If you do such dealings at a minor scale will we have to worry about you dealing with people who potentially have their own agendas in regards to our village? And yes, I do understand many of us migrated from Stone and other places in order to bring this place back... but it has been quite sometime since those migrations stopped, and I do believe we only accept Iwagakure natives at this time... unless I'm mistaken." looking around once again he'd await a response from anyone. Looking to Mikasa, then to Yomi. Maybe this would be the talk they all needed to have?

Who knew, maybe if Takeshi couldnt deal with the heat being thrown... he would be able to move along to someone more suitable. But, if he could take the heat... maybe Tamashii was wrong about him. Though there were a few more things to bring up, in regards to his successor to Sennin.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yomi glanced at Tamashii as she held the cup close to her face inhaling the sweet aroma of whatever was in it. She didn’t like seeing him like this and she was more than certain that he was upset with her for not coming to see him. However, personal problems aside, the news finally broke that Takeshi would be the next in line. She shook her head knowingly as the tension rose. Of course, it could all be in her mind, but, between whatever was in her cup and how she was determined to not have a bad day, she was sure that SOMEONE was out to get her and the tension was the result. As usual she first assumed it to be her husband.

So, the Sennin knew that the Hokage was going to say it was the Uchiha that was going to take his place, yet she still was unprepared. Umashi danced around it, gentle as he could be knowing that she and Takeshi did not see eye to eye on many things. Yet it wasn’t about her, as these people who were in charge decided this. While she had an option to vote, it was declined on principal and while she thought she could make a recommendation, the act of actually voting for her husband’s successor seemed improper, considering her vote held a lot of weight. Would she be voting for someone who ruled like him, maintaining the status quo or voting for someone who would enact real change that she thought the village needed?

No matter how the woman would have voted, she knew only one thing to be true: it was not her village to fight for. The people that live and breathe for this village? Yomi was not one of them. She was from a mountain top where people got kicked off it for breathing wrong. Her rise in Konoha was purely circumstantial, and she believed her calling to be much greater than the village she had been so graciously allowed to remain in all this time. For everyone else it was something they probably thought of their entire life, aspired to even. She wasn’t even a ninja.

Despite all of that, she would be lying if she said that she didn’t grow a soft spot for this place. Listening to Tamashii go on about the council and Maki caused her to think about all the things that she disliked about Takeshi. Yes, she would put her personal feelings aside in order to say what she intended, but, whatever was in her cup was making life hard.

“Alright then!” Yomi swallowed the rest of her drink and slammed the cup on the table.

“Tamashii is the reasonable one at this table.” Yomi began. “Umashi is out, so, I mean, what does he really have to say?” The woman flicked her cup across the table having it land where it may.

“So there’s the rest of us ladies here, who are left with the decision that we’re all probably shaking our heads at. I am less reasonable than Tama but only because I have that luxury.” Flinging her hair back she continued.

“With that said, I mean even, you, Takeshi, I’m sure you’re sitting here like what the fuck, right? I mean I was, when Tamashii told me I was going to be Hokage on my wedding day. And like me, Takeshi, you’re going to take it, because, what the fuck else are you going to do? Do you even want this? Don’t give me the “Oh it was offered” shit, because as far as I can tell, you’re the ONLY one of us that was given an actual choice.” Yomi looked at her husband and stared for a moment before she looked back at the Uchiha. “At least I didn’t have a choice.” Yomi rubbed her hands together and smiled. “You can decline and no one whose had the job would fault you for it. Everyone else can mind their business.” Yomi left it uncomfortably silent before she unexpectedly continued.

“BUT!” Yomi exclaimed “If you’re hellbent on it, then, let me read you a bit, if you’ll allow It and frankly you have no choice.” Yomi shimmed in her seat excitedly. “Let me share my misgivings about this appointment, piggybacking off what our great advisor has already started.”

“You’ve been demoted, promoted, and suspended, and while we’re all entitled to a little insubordination, your branch has not been the easiest to work with. For example, I am quite literally still waiting on a report from ANBU on their investigation in to Umashi’s disappearance. I mean I guess it doesn’t matter now, since, he’s here safe and sound. The only people who looked for him, are the people sitting in this room, excluding you of course, and Akumi. Yes, Akumi who cleared your name, by the way. In my opinion, that doesn’t bode well in the event of another disappearance of a high ranking official. Or, I don’t know, a whole BRANCH disappearing or some other oddity.” Yomi said the last bit in a sing-song manner before pausing and inhaling deeply.

“Your interaction with our students and even our Chuunin and Jounin leave much to be desired. You maimed one, almost killed another, and Maru is running around like he’s crazy. I mean he might well be...” Perhaps Maru should be discussed at another time.

“Oh, and I’m pretty sure you endangered our relationship with Kumo, due to what happened which caused your suspension. Not for certain, but, I guess we’re all here in Tea and can find out if it’s beyond repair. Jeopardizing the good relations, we’ve been building for years over something you jumped the gun over, is not good for business. Not to mention all the money that would be wasted as a result of your hastiness.”

Yomi pushed back from the table and began walking around, antsy.

“Listen, I can go on and on, but the point is, Mikasa probably has more to add and I probably used up all my time. Don’t need her to start banging proverbial gavels and asking for her time to be reclaimed and frankly, if I talk more, I’ll probably dig up the bodies that shouldn’t be disturbed…” Yomi twirled around the room before making her way back to her seat. She sighed and sat back in her chair for a moment staring at Umashi, wishing she had some of the stuff he used to hide in the pocket dimension. Then again, it was probably for the best that she didn’t. She was uncharacteristically opinionated today and they really didn’t want her to start talk about the bodies.

[Ark flipped heads and that’s why this post is like this]

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Medical Sennin merely glances towards the Uchiha at the mention of his accession, the vote decided by an unknown force. Fortunately Tamashii wheeled in between the pair and allowed for the kunoichi to ponder upon the idea without exchanging any further glances. The former ANBU Sennin and current Hokage advisor began to berate the successor, exposing a significant amount of wounds and in time Lady Yomi began to utilize her own steel words to pierce deeper inflections. All the while the maiden held her tongue, occassionally locking her ocean orbs against the Hokage across from her, caught in the middle of a mud slinging contest.

Truth to be told, Mikasa wasn't pleased to hear the announcement, having her own particular issues with the future appointment. Adjusting her spectacles upon the bridge of her nose, the medical nin merely leans forward in the chair. The conversation intensifies, the amount of dirty laundry being fanned out was growing tiresome and all the meanwhile the maiden's vision of ensuring the villages future drifts away in the abyss of the tantrums. Slamming the palms of her hands upon the table, the medical sennin ushers in a silence, "Enough!" her vocals gingerly warm and pleasant to the ear, in this moment lacking the sort, echo about the room, "While you all are my respected colleagues, enough is enough. This is why I had such a difficult time mending branch relations during my time as Medical Chief. It is crystal clear there are greater issues at stake here, if I may Lord Umashiashikabihikoji.." she collects a brief set of breaths.

"ANBU Sennin Takeshi has been chosen for the position, but as it stands I wish to hear him respond to the inquiries at hand. Furthermore, I wish to question how he will continue to aid the branches rekindle their relations when I was the one who had to mend the bonds thus far. How do you plan on fixing the issue of your rogue ANBU in training from terrorizing the academy and causing constant issue?" taking a brief pause, Mikasa continues, "I allowed you to take one from under my wing and now I am being forced to fix his behavior. In fact, I have two being Maru-kun and Ziren-kun off the top of my head." she begins, usually not one for utilizing a significant amount of words.

"What is your plan of action to allow the growth in a village when you don't partake in the academy itself? Outside of the tournament. Claiming children into your branch at a young age has significant consequences when your eye doesn't fall upon them." the medic takes one final breath of air, "On the issue of your branch, your corrective behavior of choice seems to default to brutalizing your branch members, is this how the village would be ran? " she inquires in a calm tone, never once wavering.

Clasping her gloved hand and non together, her facial expression is a slate, adding in one final statement, "I am not stating I will not support you in your endeavors, I merely wish to hear your approach. I always aim to ensure the future of our village, at any costs, but there appears to be many questions on the mind of our other Sennin and advisor."

<i>​
</i>

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sit in the seat as he listened to the eruption of voices, his eyes never wavering from Umashi in that split second, he knew this would come the questions and the doubts would be clear for all his hard work Takeshi had been a sinner. Even he knew that this was the truth, but he had to step up partially for his own want, but also to make the village grow in his time as Hokage, it would take work, and lots of it but determination was not something the Uchiha was lacking. He had the drive and the steel inside to get the tasks done the main question was he would need to answer his sins right now.

Takeshi let each of his other Sennin’s speak, they had there say it was fair that each one of them had a judgement call to make and Takeshi knew that this would always be the case. Anything that changed in life people would not like it, that much was human nature and the ANBU Sennin had come to accept that during his time. As he sat there he listened to each work, took in each of the words that had been spoken by the group and tried to formulate his reply. Once the room fell silent the Uchiha stood up as he allowed a smile to come to his lips. Breaking the eye contact from Umashi, Takeshi allowed himself to look around before he spoke. He would address the issues second, but first he would put the wall up for them to smash down or help build with him. He decided to leave that up to the three Sennin that sat around him. They would be key in the future either for bettering it or destroying it that much was yet to be seen.

“Hyuuga Yukio, student to teacher, nothing to captain, lonely to loved. He was one that I spent time with, one that I helped create, that we helped create, that we worked to make happen is that not a different story one that is away from failure and into the true goal of Konaha, to give people a chance to better themselves?”

“Izumi, mute turned to speaker, kind turned to caring, boy turned to man. Since coming to leaf, unsure of what the world offered Izumi found his place inside of this country, taught to speak, taught the place and the culture and found a home. Another person who we have all influenced for the betterment of the village.”

“Haku Yuki, came to leaf without a home, found a home and a place inside of a Branch. Now a teacher and a leader inside of the Branch, given the chance to become something more than a monster with a family and home. Another story of triumph inside of Leaf.”

“Maru, yes Mikasa, I find this man to be a story of success inside of the village, as much of a pain as he is. Maru has found a place inside of a Branch, he has found people who can put their trust in him and make him understand what it means to be part of a family and not an individual cast aside. He doesn’t show it the best but he has found a place inside of Leaf, welcoming to all no matter what mistakes we make.

“Ziren, started off thinking that he was cursed, randomly going places to seek answers about what his bloodline does, unsure of what he belongs to or what he really is. Taught to control his bloodline, understands what is expected of him though sometimes he may not show his passion for the village his core burns with that will. Another example of success inside of Konaha that we have all achieved. Though he is still learning to control it the base has been planted and it is the beginning.”

“Tarantsu Manzo someone who had no-one to lead, no one to answer to and no-one to listen to. That changed during my time inside of the Branch, he took the chance to grow and show his true colours inside of the branch. He has stepped up to show himself as a leader as a man that can put the effort in to teach people, coming out of his shell and becoming an inspiration for others”

“Sugihira Juko, from the student tournament the man has shown devotion and drive which is something beyond the normal. He has found a place inside a Branch, inside of a team and shown personal drive and a zeal to see himself succeed, this is something that we could all take inspiration from a will of fire that we say that everyone in the village should have he lives day in and day out with it.”

“All of the above I feel as stories of success while I could go to label more I will not, the point is here. We talk about the failings all the time but look at what we as a group have achieved during this time, I say we have done more good than could possibly be imagined as a team, and that team work has come this far, even with myself being asked to step up to Hokage, each of you still have that influence, still have that passion and touch that can change people in Konaha. Each of you need to ask yourself, what has really changed, you still touch the core of this village and I stand here, not as the monster that I am made out to be. But as a Man, one that is stepping up to take the roll of Hokage, I need each of you as my pillars to carry this load with me”

Takeshi allowed himself to pause for a few moments as he considered his words, he considered what he had said and what he had asked of each of them. This should not have come as a surprise, but now he had said his part he needed to address the questions that had been given to him. He needed to stand tall and define his future as he waited for a few seconds for the question that had been asked to sink in. Takeshi allowed himself to stand there as he looked once more into each of there eyes, there was no tricks no masks to hide behind this was a group having a conversation that had been needed for a while. Takeshi turned his attention first to Tamashii, the man that he had spent a drink with and had enjoyed the conversations with. The hard questions needed to be answered first it would seem and now he was willing to do so.

“Why am I cut for this position, because I have the drive to improve things, the drive to take where Umashi left the torch and continue to walk with it in the darkness, to take it and continue to let the will of fire burn and be that example that people want Tamashii. I failed, would I be human if I didn’t? We all stumble we all fall, what makes us who ware are is how we stand up tall from that and step forward, each step will be hard but that is what makes us worth it. When a man with everything lost, everything gone would you turn them away, or did we not stand ourselves above that an offer that hand of redemption, that is what makes Konaha the special place it is now.”

Takeshi paused as he answered the first part of Tamashii’s question it seemed that there was more to go yet though as the man would bring Maki into this, as well as the fact that he wanted to grill the Sennin, though Takeshi didn’t mind it was these conversations that had originally made the chat interesting with Tamashii and something that he enjoyed as he smiled he allowed himself to place his hands behind his back as he answered the questions.

“Maki, you mean the man that came without a home, found a home, found love and found a place inside a Village. The person that has not betrayed us and has only stepped from strength to strength, who has trained younger members inside the Academy, and as we speak is fighting as a representative for this village and showing his passion for Leaf. Yes, I believe that he was the perfect selection for Captain and has shown that since taking on that role. But let me ask you a question back Tamashii. You have been the voice of reason, the stability in the office of the Hokage the sign of reason and the truth that people might not want to hear but is necessary. Now I ask you to be that same pillar for me Tamashii, be the truth that may be bleak, but the one that is willing to say it. Be my advisor and I ask for your help to build the future of Konaha.”

Takeshi understood that he had answered the questions that Tamashii had asked, next on the list it would seem to be Yomi, though always a rocky place they had a lot achieved together in the past and he hoped that this would be on the future that they could progress together, that was something that he hoped to address with his answers that he was going to give Yomi as he allowed his attention to come to her as he smiled her words cut but the truth would even he knew that much before he replied to the answers.

“Believe me that drive is still alive inside of me, that fire burns deep and this opportunity I will grab with every fibre of my being, no matter the pain, the stumbles I will stand strong and take everything in my stride as Hokage. I have the faith put into me and with that comes the will and drive to move forward. I want this for myself, I want this for the village and I want this for the future Yomi. That is the truth from the bottom of my heart, even if you believe there is a monster inside pulling strings.”

Takeshi allowed himself to think about the rest of the answers that were given, it seemed that he had a lot to give back and had a lot to answer to, it seemed that he was expected to say that everything was above board, but inside Takeshi had a whirlwind of emotions right now, keeping them all in check he had learned recently from the tasks Umashi had set him, that negotiations if you will should never be done with emotion even he knew that much, and that was now coming into practise right now. He allowed a small smile to come to his lips.

“I have been demoted, promoted and suspended you are correct, I have not been perfect, and my branch still has much to learn but that is always the case of the branch. We work in the shadows and that is where I step from now, I strip all the armour and the masks Yomi and stand here as Takeshi. The investigation of Umashi was never completed by the ANBU branch, a blemish that we want to move away from, and something that the Branch must work to redeem themselves in. Though even you must see that everyone was sleep depraved, working at their hardest, and we learned form that mistake, we have sought redemption and worked to improve our appearance inside of the village I can accept that one and can only apologize it was not addressed sooner Yomi."

Takeshi thought on the next two parts, it seemed that she wanted the last two nails to drive home and each one of them did, it was true that Takeshi had the calm appearance but on the inside his desire to prove himself burned within him as he looked towards them in those few seconds.

“Yomi, sometimes the interactions I have had has been rough, however you have not stated any of the good, the lessons, the exams, the tasks, tutoring anything that I have done which have not ended in disaster. I agree while this situation does not look good and the few mistakes can haunt a man, I want to move past them. I want to move for a better future within the village, I want to prove that we are better than that, that I am better than that and I will do so even when I am Hokage. Kumo relationship may have been damaged slightly I can accept that fact, but at the same time I believe that moving forward from that situation we have also built relationships, the one with Sand to be an example of that. We take one step back but inside this village we always take two steps forward. I can only ask that you see the good that I have done as well as the wrong, I have learned form my mistakes and have been found ready to take Hokage, so I want you to do the same, find me ready and work with me. I know we have had a rocky start here, but your head with relationships and your ability to see the potential is a key part of the play and another pillar that I wish to have firm behind me when I step up. I am stepping from the shadows and into the light, I ask that you see me for who I am and not the monster that I have become.”

Takeshi finished his talk with Yomi before turning his attention to Mikasa, the newest of the Sennin but also possibly one of the straight headed people that he had spoken to, her tone of voice set the page and as he stood there prepared himself for the answer that he would give he listened to the words of Mikasa he knew full well that the doubt could be seen and it was clear that the ANBU still had a lot of expanding to do, Takeshi allowed himself to breath in as he closed his eyes before opening them once more and addressing the questions that where coming his way. He knew full well that Mikasa was a direct person as such these answers would be just that.

“I believe that the branch will be given to good hands, I am not solely part of the ANBU branch, I will be Hokage and I will be part of each of the Branches, as such I want to experience missions for each of the branches, go out with each of you and see the full work of the Branch. I believe that there is room to improve, when I leave the ANBU Branch I already have a Captain aligned to do inter branch work and am making sure that the branches work together in the future. This is the key to the success of this village and I believe that with your help we can open that door and continue to drive things forward.”

Takeshi listened to the rest of it, he listened to each question that was given and wanted to directly answer them without giving to much away, he wanted to make sure that they each got the answer from his heart. Without putting up the barriers, he needed to be open with the Sennin, he needed to have no shadows or secrets from them this was the change he would be making when he stepped up into the role of Hokage.

“As I said I believe with the new Sennin the branch will fall into the line of what is expected, as I mentioned before I believe that Ziren and Maru are still success stories, though they may still need work they will achieve great things if we put our trust in them, like people have put there trust into each of us during our time inside of the village. As for what part of allowing the village to grow needs to be done, I want to have the academy allocated with a few teachers, each branch will have teachers that will run the lessons, we need to set a standard across the board and I believe we do that with the new generation, after all they will one day surpass all of us sat in this room, and when that time comes I will be ready to welcome it with open arms."

“As for the way the branch has dealt with trouble makers in the past, that will be changing we can improve and we will improve, but that is all of us, the day we stop looking to improve is the day the will of fire is extinguished from within us. Mikasa as I said I asked each of the others to stand as a pillar and help me, I ask the same of you. Help to expand the branch relationships, help to drive the dreams of the younger generation and help me to keep me on the path that is true to the cause.”

Takeshi allowed himself to stand there, answering the questions for now that had come his way he looked at each of those that had asked him a question before bowing his head slightly, it was his last time to speak while he had answered a lot he felt that one question should go out to each of them and that question would be one from inside, as he allowed his hand to come out the ANBU Mask that he wore appeared in his hand, as Takeshi allowed himself to stare each of them in the eye, the mask coming from his hands to the floor as it shattered into pieces, he spoke.

“I ask each of you, each of the great Sennin of Leaf, stand by me, be the pillar and the back strength to support me during my transition. Help me to stand with the will of fire and continue to progress this village forward, not backwards. I rely on each of you like Umashi has done in the past, I request that you help me, no shadows or secrets an open interaction with each of us. I request your help, request your support and request that together we build Konaha a better future one that will grow on the foundation that Umashi has put down. If you have any more questions please ask now, I have been open with you all as is expected.”

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to sit in the seat as he listened to the eruption of voices, his eyes never wavering from Umashi in that split second, he knew this would come the questions and the doubts would be clear for all his hard work Takeshi had been a sinner. Even he knew that this was the truth, but he had to step up partially for his own want, but also to make the village grow in his time as Hokage, it would take work, and lots of it but determination was not something the Uchiha was lacking. He had the drive and the steel inside to get the tasks done the main question was he would need to answer his sins right now.

Takeshi let each of his other Sennin’s speak, they had there say it was fair that each one of them had a judgement call to make and Takeshi knew that this would always be the case. Anything that changed in life people would not like it, that much was human nature and the ANBU Sennin had come to accept that during his time. As he sat there he listened to each work, took in each of the words that had been spoken by the group and tried to formulate his reply. Once the room fell silent the Uchiha stood up as he allowed a smile to come to his lips. Breaking the eye contact from Umashi, Takeshi allowed himself to look around before he spoke. He would address the issues second, but first he would put the wall up for them to smash down or help build with him. He decided to leave that up to the three Sennin that sat around him. They would be key in the future either for bettering it or destroying it that much was yet to be seen.

“Hyuuga Yukio, student to teacher, nothing to captain, lonely to loved. He was one that I spent time with, one that I helped create, that we helped create, that we worked to make happen is that not a different story one that is away from failure and into the true goal of Konaha, to give people a chance to better themselves?”

“Izumi, mute turned to speaker, kind turned to caring, boy turned to man. Since coming to leaf, unsure of what the world offered Izumi found his place inside of this country, taught to speak, taught the place and the culture and found a home. Another person who we have all influenced for the betterment of the village.”

“Haku Yuki, came to leaf without a home, found a home and a place inside of a Branch. Now a teacher and a leader inside of the Branch, given the chance to become something more than a monster with a family and home. Another story of triumph inside of Leaf.”

“Maru, yes Mikasa, I find this man to be a story of success inside of the village, as much of a pain as he is. Maru has found a place inside of a Branch, he has found people who can put their trust in him and make him understand what it means to be part of a family and not an individual cast aside. He doesn’t show it the best but he has found a place inside of Leaf, welcoming to all no matter what mistakes we make.

“Ziren, started off thinking that he was cursed, randomly going places to seek answers about what his bloodline does, unsure of what he belongs to or what he really is. Taught to control his bloodline, understands what is expected of him though sometimes he may not show his passion for the village his core burns with that will. Another example of success inside of Konaha that we have all achieved. Though he is still learning to control it the base has been planted and it is the beginning.”

“Tarantsu Manzo someone who had no-one to lead, no one to answer to and no-one to listen to. That changed during my time inside of the Branch, he took the chance to grow and show his true colours inside of the branch. He has stepped up to show himself as a leader as a man that can put the effort in to teach people, coming out of his shell and becoming an inspiration for others”

“Sugihira Juko, from the student tournament the man has shown devotion and drive which is something beyond the normal. He has found a place inside a Branch, inside of a team and shown personal drive and a zeal to see himself succeed, this is something that we could all take inspiration from a will of fire that we say that everyone in the village should have he lives day in and day out with it.”

“All of the above I feel as stories of success while I could go to label more I will not, the point is here. We talk about the failings all the time but look at what we as a group have achieved during this time, I say we have done more good than could possibly be imagined as a team, and that team work has come this far, even with myself being asked to step up to Hokage, each of you still have that influence, still have that passion and touch that can change people in Konaha. Each of you need to ask yourself, what has really changed, you still touch the core of this village and I stand here, not as the monster that I am made out to be. But as a Man, one that is stepping up to take the roll of Hokage, I need each of you as my pillars to carry this load with me”

Takeshi allowed himself to pause for a few moments as he considered his words, he considered what he had said and what he had asked of each of them. This should not have come as a surprise, but now he had said his part he needed to address the questions that had been given to him. He needed to stand tall and define his future as he waited for a few seconds for the question that had been asked to sink in. Takeshi allowed himself to stand there as he looked once more into each of there eyes, there was no tricks no masks to hide behind this was a group having a conversation that had been needed for a while. Takeshi turned his attention first to Tamashii, the man that he had spent a drink with and had enjoyed the conversations with. The hard questions needed to be answered first it would seem and now he was willing to do so.

“Why am I cut for this position, because I have the drive to improve things, the drive to take where Umashi left the torch and continue to walk with it in the darkness, to take it and continue to let the will of fire burn and be that example that people want Tamashii. I failed, would I be human if I didn’t? We all stumble we all fall, what makes us who ware are is how we stand up tall from that and step forward, each step will be hard but that is what makes us worth it. When a man with everything lost, everything gone would you turn them away, or did we not stand ourselves above that an offer that hand of redemption, that is what makes Konaha the special place it is now.”

Takeshi paused as he answered the first part of Tamashii’s question it seemed that there was more to go yet though as the man would bring Maki into this, as well as the fact that he wanted to grill the Sennin, though Takeshi didn’t mind it was these conversations that had originally made the chat interesting with Tamashii and something that he enjoyed as he smiled he allowed himself to place his hands behind his back as he answered the questions.

“Maki, you mean the man that came without a home, found a home, found love and found a place inside a Village. The person that has not betrayed us and has only stepped from strength to strength, who has trained younger members inside the Academy, and as we speak is fighting as a representative for this village and showing his passion for Leaf. Yes, I believe that he was the perfect selection for Captain and has shown that since taking on that role. But let me ask you a question back Tamashii. You have been the voice of reason, the stability in the office of the Hokage the sign of reason and the truth that people might not want to hear but is necessary. Now I ask you to be that same pillar for me Tamashii, be the truth that may be bleak, but the one that is willing to say it. Be my advisor and I ask for your help to build the future of Konaha.”

Takeshi understood that he had answered the questions that Tamashii had asked, next on the list it would seem to be Yomi, though always a rocky place they had a lot achieved together in the past and he hoped that this would be on the future that they could progress together, that was something that he hoped to address with his answers that he was going to give Yomi as he allowed his attention to come to her as he smiled her words cut but the truth would even he knew that much before he replied to the answers.

“Believe me that drive is still alive inside of me, that fire burns deep and this opportunity I will grab with every fibre of my being, no matter the pain, the stumbles I will stand strong and take everything in my stride as Hokage. I have the faith put into me and with that comes the will and drive to move forward. I want this for myself, I want this for the village and I want this for the future Yomi. That is the truth from the bottom of my heart, even if you believe there is a monster inside pulling strings.”

Takeshi allowed himself to think about the rest of the answers that were given, it seemed that he had a lot to give back and had a lot to answer to, it seemed that he was expected to say that everything was above board, but inside Takeshi had a whirlwind of emotions right now, keeping them all in check he had learned recently from the tasks Umashi had set him, that negotiations if you will should never be done with emotion even he knew that much, and that was now coming into practise right now. He allowed a small smile to come to his lips.

“I have been demoted, promoted and suspended you are correct, I have not been perfect, and my branch still has much to learn but that is always the case of the branch. We work in the shadows and that is where I step from now, I strip all the armour and the masks Yomi and stand here as Takeshi. The investigation of Umashi was never completed by the ANBU branch, a blemish that we want to move away from, and something that the Branch must work to redeem themselves in. Though even you must see that everyone was sleep depraved, working at their hardest, and we learned form that mistake, we have sought redemption and worked to improve our appearance inside of the village I can accept that one and can only apologize it was not addressed sooner Yomi."

Takeshi thought on the next two parts, it seemed that she wanted the last two nails to drive home and each one of them did, it was true that Takeshi had the calm appearance but on the inside his desire to prove himself burned within him as he looked towards them in those few seconds.

“Yomi, sometimes the interactions I have had has been rough, however you have not stated any of the good, the lessons, the exams, the tasks, tutoring anything that I have done which have not ended in disaster. I agree while this situation does not look good and the few mistakes can haunt a man, I want to move past them. I want to move for a better future within the village, I want to prove that we are better than that, that I am better than that and I will do so even when I am Hokage. Kumo relationship may have been damaged slightly I can accept that fact, but at the same time I believe that moving forward from that situation we have also built relationships, the one with Sand to be an example of that. We take one step back but inside this village we always take two steps forward. I can only ask that you see the good that I have done as well as the wrong, I have learned form my mistakes and have been found ready to take Hokage, so I want you to do the same, find me ready and work with me. I know we have had a rocky start here, but your head with relationships and your ability to see the potential is a key part of the play and another pillar that I wish to have firm behind me when I step up. I am stepping from the shadows and into the light, I ask that you see me for who I am and not the monster that I have become.”

Takeshi finished his talk with Yomi before turning his attention to Mikasa, the newest of the Sennin but also possibly one of the straight headed people that he had spoken to, her tone of voice set the page and as he stood there prepared himself for the answer that he would give he listened to the words of Mikasa he knew full well that the doubt could be seen and it was clear that the ANBU still had a lot of expanding to do, Takeshi allowed himself to breath in as he closed his eyes before opening them once more and addressing the questions that where coming his way. He knew full well that Mikasa was a direct person as such these answers would be just that.

“I believe that the branch will be given to good hands, I am not solely part of the ANBU branch, I will be Hokage and I will be part of each of the Branches, as such I want to experience missions for each of the branches, go out with each of you and see the full work of the Branch. I believe that there is room to improve, when I leave the ANBU Branch I already have a Captain aligned to do inter branch work and am making sure that the branches work together in the future. This is the key to the success of this village and I believe that with your help we can open that door and continue to drive things forward.”

Takeshi listened to the rest of it, he listened to each question that was given and wanted to directly answer them without giving to much away, he wanted to make sure that they each got the answer from his heart. Without putting up the barriers, he needed to be open with the Sennin, he needed to have no shadows or secrets from them this was the change he would be making when he stepped up into the role of Hokage.

“As I said I believe with the new Sennin the branch will fall into the line of what is expected, as I mentioned before I believe that Ziren and Maru are still success stories, though they may still need work they will achieve great things if we put our trust in them, like people have put there trust into each of us during our time inside of the village. As for what part of allowing the village to grow needs to be done, I want to have the academy allocated with a few teachers, each branch will have teachers that will run the lessons, we need to set a standard across the board and I believe we do that with the new generation, after all they will one day surpass all of us sat in this room, and when that time comes I will be ready to welcome it with open arms."

“As for the way the branch has dealt with trouble makers in the past, that will be changing we can improve and we will improve, but that is all of us, the day we stop looking to improve is the day the will of fire is extinguished from within us. Mikasa as I said I asked each of the others to stand as a pillar and help me, I ask the same of you. Help to expand the branch relationships, help to drive the dreams of the younger generation and help me to keep me on the path that is true to the cause.”

Takeshi allowed himself to stand there, answering the questions for now that had come his way he looked at each of those that had asked him a question before bowing his head slightly, it was his last time to speak while he had answered a lot he felt that one question should go out to each of them and that question would be one from inside, as he allowed his hand to come out the ANBU Mask that he wore appeared in his hand, as Takeshi allowed himself to stare each of them in the eye, the mask coming from his hands to the floor as it shattered into pieces, he spoke.

“I ask each of you, each of the great Sennin of Leaf, stand by me, be the pillar and the back strength to support me during my transition. Help me to stand with the will of fire and continue to progress this village forward, not backwards. I rely on each of you like Umashi has done in the past, I request that you help me, no shadows or secrets an open interaction with each of us. I request your help, request your support and request that together we build Konaha a better future one that will grow on the foundation that Umashi has put down. If you have any more questions please ask now, I have been open with you all as is expected.”

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was amazing to know one man could speak so much but say very little that changed his perspective on the situation though Tamashii would listen to Yomi and Mikasa's questions taking into great detail what was said, even pulling out a notepad with info scribbled all over it. This was something that was going to be stricken for him to consider everything that was being said, Tamashii had to be unbiased in his situation, and it seemed that from what was being said there was going to be a vast power struggle with this. People getting grab happy for power out of Takeshi's camp, as well as Mikasa's questions rising, but her new ideals on how the village would be ran when Takeshi, Umashi, Yomi and himself had been running the village long before she came into the picture. The Woman was smart, and she was clever. She obviously was strong in the eyes of Umashi being declared one of the fighters for this tournament... which Takeshi was as well, but this would've been a good chance to see the Kage assert Dominance in the tournament, alas there was nothing but him holding a slot just in case someone couldnt fight...

A stand in.

Jotting down more of what Takeshi said, he would finally sigh again deep and through his nose before speaking up shortly after Takeshi's plead for their help. "I only have a few things to say...", putting down the notepad and placing it back into his coat. "You speak like you're afraid. You lack confidence. And you dont have the backbone enough to run a village let alone your branch if what Yomi and Mikasa said is to be perceived as truth. I know you and Yomi have had squabble before... Thats nothing new because thats how we've done things in the past... However. There is a New generation, and they are not keen to how we do things. We have to mold with the times, while keeping our morals in place. Takeshi, My comrade, My friend...", Tamashii shook his head before closing his eyes for a moment.

"In the past Umashi would have told me, "I have reasons for my actions, for the greater good... Everything else is none of your concern" You've proven to me that you crumble under pressure... and that is not a trait you want to take into the office of Hokage. Or any leadership role. While you have done some good, and I'm happy you have things you can tie directly to your name... I dont think you've done all those things on your own and that you claim direct responsibility for. You speak defensive instead of looking forward and owning up to your wrongs and failures...", nodding he would look to Yomi and Mikasa to see if they had anything to add in as he would finally finish with..

"We all have failures we have to own up to... You said it yourself, none of us in this room are perfect... but this is the Land of Fire we are talking about. We are the leaders of these kids, and adults. They look to us for leadership and we give them that. While I am the advisor, you have to have the capacity to speak with the courage of your convictions... but you sound like something less as I said, I dont think you're ready... You have not been groomed, and this time of peace has made you soft.", and with that Tamashii would huff before growing quiet.

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to take the words in, it seemed that Tamashii as always was the one to push people, though it was to be expected considering what his role was. Takeshi allowed a small smile to twist across his lips, to form and he allowed himself to let the man finish, for a few minutes it seemed that he doubted him just because he was not groomed for the position so to speak. But he had been he was an ANBU Sennin and he knew full well that there was a fine line that he had to tread and so far Takeshi would be doing so, as he allowed himself to stand dormant for the talk to finish he would listen to the man grow silent.

“Believe me, you could not be so much further from the truth about the backbone part Tamashii. See I think you fail to remember something very key here, I am not Umashi. In the past Umashi might have said that, this is true, but I am not him. That is the point where I am supposed to say something justifying why I stand tall, but the truth is I am not even afraid to run the village, I just want the help that this council has provided the last Hokage. Now if that is not going to be the case then I can find replacements. Let me be straight Tamashii I don’t claim to be the only reason we have had success that would be foolish as well and coming from you that actually surprises me.”

Takeshi allowed himself to consider the rest of the words it was clear that he had a lot to work with here and there was a lot of potential. He allowed himself to listen to the words of Tamashii he had given them consideration and even his reply had been in order of what was expected but he was still a Sennin inside of the ANBU branch, and that meant things would be different inside of the village. Takeshi allowed himself to meet his gaze with Tamashii as he allowed himself to finish the conversation with the man that he needed to talk to.

“I have not proven anything about pressure, nor have you seen any of the work that I do. But that is neither here nor there Tamashii, you see the simple way of looking at this, the blunt facts and the end result is going to be the same. I will step into the shoes of Hokage, I will work with those that want to work together to make this village great, I will lead by example. Those that cannot or will not help will step aside and others will come that can. It’s a simple matter of moving with the times. I want to work with people and I do not have the time to work against people. That is as simple as it is.”

“This may be the land of fire, we may be the leaders, right now we sound like school kids arguing, each of you have the potential to contuine to work inside of your branch to make things great. I asked that of you, but if you are still unsatisfied with the results or the answers, there is the door please feel free to leave at any point. As you stated yourself there is a new generation around, they do not do things the way we do but maybe their input could be beneficial instead of us bickering in this room. So Tamashii will you stand in line, do the job and give your advice, or will you step aside? I asked for help because you are level headed, if you cannot be any more then step away”

Takeshi spoke with the cold tone that he took to most of his ANBU meetings, he did not break a sweat nor did he say anything in anger, it was hard facts nothing more and nothing less. He had been once reminded of the fact that they were replaceable. It was now time to see if Tamashii would step into line or if he would step away. Takeshi waited for his answer from the man just like he waited for replies from the other people inside of the room.

Yomi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mikasa had balled up her pretty little fists and told the group to pipe down. Of course, the Medical Sennin was not used to how they all operated as she was the newest of the bunch. It was fair that her perception of what was going on was a bit immature, so Yomi had no reason to go go against what she wanted. On the contray, Yomi liked her even more in this moment. Up until this point, Yomi, was the only woman holding a seat of power and she welcomed the presence of more estrogen in these meetings because these people were often unbearable.

The platinum haired woman wanted her questions answered as they all did. They needed some level of thought out responses and/or assurances and Takeshi did his best to reassure them. Yomi, for one, was not convinced of anything that he said, but that was not entirely her fault. He acknowledged that they both had not seen eye to eye and they would both have to meet half way if they were going to make this work. That is, if they both truly wanted it to work.

Tamashii, it seemed, was not here for the bleeding heart, bare it all spiel that the Uchiha had presented and so he continued his hard press. Yomi raised a brow but remained silent, allowing her drink to work its magic on her soul for as long as it could. That was until Takeshi replied to Tamashii’s rebuttal…
The Sennin straightened in her seat and looked at Tamashii and then to Takeshi. Did she just hear what she heard? Was this real life? Yomi let her gaze linger on the Uchiha, reading him the way she would normally without saying anything, except, she was particularly verbose today. She was confused, and she was never confused. Was Takeshi asking for help or was he asking for complacency? She needed clarification.

As he finished his dead-pan response to Tama, she held up her hand, signaling for everyone in the room that she was about to speak.

“You are absolutely right, you are not Kaisenami Umashi. You see, he wouldn’t threaten the same people he is asking for assistance from and in the same breath speak about change. He also didn’t surround himself with “Yes Men” who only executed his will without offering alternatives if they felt it best for the entirety of the village. You sat right here and said you didn’t want to be viewed as the monster we’re trying to make you out to be…or are, depending on who you ask. Yet, here he is. I would prefer to know which Takeshi I am dealing with.” The Goddess pulled her hair back and made a low bun in her hair, removing her blonde locks from her face.

“I mean, that was a threat, right? If we and whoever else don’t help execute your vision how you want, we will be moved aside since you cannot force us to step aside? Just like we cannot stop you from ascending into this position?” Yomi nodded and wiped her nose with her wrist.

“That’s quite interesting Uchiha Takeshi, but, remember dissention and opposition is not provocation. What is provocation, is, threatening a room full of people that may be supporting you. No one would blame anyone in this room if one of them dragged you across this table.”

The woman sighed. “But I digress…”

“If you are intent on taking up the appointment then so be it, after all, it is your choice. Like you, we all have choices too and as it stands, you threatened my life as if you have no care for your own; another concern of mine should you act so brazenly in the face of others who are not accustomed to your rashness. It’s not a dick measuring contest when you are the Kage of a village, Takeshi.”

If Asuka were here she would be staring daggers into Yomi if only because she thought that this version of Yomi had long since disappeared. Perhaps it was the liquor causing this disturbance, but, to the Sennin the newly appointed Hokage was offering the option of get down or lay down. Yomi was not here for those kinds of ultimatums.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Mikasa's esteemed colleagues continue to banter among each other, the Hokage to be replying to the best of his abilities thus far; unfortunately the Medical Sennin only heard excuses and an entirely different world in which Uchiha Takeshi lives within. Tenderly the eye wear snug upon the bridge of the maidens nose is loosened, with great care placed upon the table top the group gathers around. The conversation making little headway and the mud slinging contest continuing with a snowball like effect, "My qualms rests with my inquires, Takeshi-san. You perceive two of your ANBU operatives running amuck and endangering others as a success story, myself having to step my foot in to rectify the situation." she speaks in a calm tone.

"You speak of performing the job, yet your immediate response is to brutalize your branch members, I myself having to recover several of them. The pact I made between our branches was for me to not interfere with how you handle your ANBU's business, but I will not allow you to take this mentality to the position of Hokage. You state there will be improvement, but you are the main culprit." Mikasa continues, allowing the others to get their jabs in and in turn the maiden silencing herself until the appropriate time. This conversation wasn't about which of them was more appropriate for a position, yet whose ideals could ideals could lead them into the future, "Takeshi-san, you speak of having a plan for the academy, yet the only classes have been hosted by Yuki-san in representation of your branch. That in itself has been very few in numbers to the point of hardly any. I teach far more classes than I wish to admit, because our students are the future. You have not shown any interest until the moment of your announcement of gaining the role of Hokage in the months to come. This not including the additions of students being unsupervised as they are plucked into your branch." the maiden voices.

Taking a light breath the medical kunoichi focuses on the issues at hand, "Once more, I am not stating my opposition, but you have a significantly long road ahead of you. To travel to Sunagakure for an extensive amount of time and to fail to bring back the ambassador speaks volumes in itself. How do we believe in a leader who has not yielded any updates on such an important situation, but who is also unable to view the issues occurring within his branch that effects the village?" she reaches towards a conveniently placed glass of water, allowing for the refreshment to quench her thirst. A much needed reprieve to allow her thoughts to collect properly, Mikasa taking great pride in thinking through all situations as calmly as possible.

"To me, a leader is one who shows the qualities of extending his hand out to every branch, leading by example, I have not seen an example. A leader is one who doesn't turn a blind eye and allow his fellow shinobi or kunoichi to run rampant. Hokage is the symbol of leadership, while it is crucial to surround yourself with the correct people, you can not expect to lead the village if you are so keen to lean on the pillars. While you hold my respect, today you have showcased two sides of a coin." extending her digits outwards, the maiden secures her spectacles upon her visage once more. It was a difficult time for Konohagakure, that was for certain.

Clasping her hands together, the woman leans forward and allows her chin to take refugee, "If I were in your shoes, I would've began with a simple statement of I aim to correct all relations with Sunagakure and Kumogakure. We will be sending representatives to each to once more rekindle the flames between us. The current issue of our own village people causing mayhem will no longer be tolerated and will be dealt with through correction facilities. I also plan on reformatting the academy to address the issue of lack of education from all branches, I not being perfect will have to have meetings with those who do to ensure no further dispensaries are created. For that, I ask each of you to lend me your strength as I work to correct this." the medical sennin's vocals warming up to her usual chipper self, oceanic hues glimmering.

"That is what I expect out of a leader to be and not this mud slinging contest you three aim to perform; yet I am the one who sent one to Kumogakure as a sign of good faith and speaking a plan of potential action." Tsukasa Mikasa would not speak any further until Lord Umashiashikabihikoji silenced the trio, the amount of distaste floating through the air was enough to give one a headache. Childish insults were being thrown about with the occasional facts.​
<i>​
</i>

Uchiha Takeshi

4th Hokage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Takeshi allowed himself to just sigh at the situation it seemed that the Sennin still had their own agendas and their own focuses, this was more about getting a little bit of he said, and she said and pointing fingers than going anywhere. Even the Uchiha knew that this would just continue to end in this situation unless he found an end to this quickly. As he allowed himself to take the seat back he sighed to himself as he looked to each of them, it seemed that this group was different but at least there where a few with the level-headed side of things. Takeshi wanted to put this situation to sleep and his last time to speak he would have to swing them round to thinking about the future.

“I won’t pretend that I will not make mistakes, I will not pretend that we will not have speed bumps we are all different personalities, but at the end of the day I will be stepping up to the position of Hokage, and I will be leading this village. Yomi you take my words as a threat, it was a simple fact, I asked for each of you to continue doing what you are doing, if you are unwilling to do so then simply step aside for someone who would be to fill your shoes. That is the cold fact and the direct part of this, but that is for another time. I am going to state the final facts here, and I want you all to listen. Believe me when the end goal of myself, and I expect each of you is to improve the village and make it to a great place that it is and can continue to be that will not change, so hear my words and consider them each of you.”

Takeshi allowed himself to consider each one of there replies, but he wasn’t here to talk about the past now. Takeshi would have to look at the future and that was his new role as Hokage, he wouldn’t drag people threw on their past actions, neither bringing up Yomi’s mistakes. Tamashii actions, none of that was worth it, while they can do the same he simply felt that explaining himself to there questions had got so far, it was time to end that expectation and begin with what his plans where. There was nothing more to it than that.

“As for last time I checked, our relationship with Sunagakure is fine, which reminds me Umashi I have met up with the Sand Sennin who was travelling to us to finalize the treaty, he is here in tea and waiting to meet you. I hope that we can find some time to do this. He has got held up on other duties but Kazuki is waiting to meet with you and myself, something we need to address at the end of this meeting together. Last time I checked our relationship with Kumogakure was fine, though but if you felt the need to send a medic there that was your decision Mikasa. I will be sending others outside the village during my time but that is for other reasons. In terms of Sunagakure, our relationship is building with them since my trip as I stated they are here and now to finalize the treaty. Do not worry about that one.”

Takeshi smirked slightly the fact that this relationship with Sunagakure was hovering around yet Kazuki was already here to speak with Umashi, something he wanted to discuss with Umashi outside this conversation but it had been brought up so it needed to be answered.

“As for the Academy, that is something that I already have a plan for, this is where I would need to speak with Kenshin, one of the members that had had a lot of influence with the new members, looking for him to set the training standards that we will move forward from. Make no mistake I will have equal input in each branch and no branch will become a favourite, while I may come from the ANBU branch. I will not put them higher than either main or medical I think you need to understand here, that while I can promise to do all these things, I am here today to ask that each of you continue to put your all into your current role. The end of the day the results will be we move forward as a Village. Change happens, I am the next Hokage and each of you are the Sennin’s of this village. I still have plans to continue our expansion with the rail network to link up places together so its easier for travel. But one thing we need to do is send people outwards which will happen, this event with Tea now should be our focus, it gives us chance and opportunity to meet new people. Anyway, I have said enough here, for those that listen I appreciate the time, for those that I will be working with when I am Hokage. I look forward to the good times that we will have, and I will appreciate your honesty on matters and never have a go about being told the truth, but remember we are here because this change is happening. Anyway that is my part said, I look forward to stepping into the shoes that I will be filling.”

Takeshi had said what needed to be said and nothing more, the changes that would be coming would probably be the normal anyway, he had the chance here to make a better relationship with Cloud, it was the one place that he was missing from his list as he had already spoken with Sand and got the Kazakage on there side, he allowed himself to look at Umashi. He had tried to be political and answer all the questions that had been asked of him, he just hopped that each of the Sennin could work with him to continue to develop the village.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Truthfully, even though he hadn't told the village council, Umashi's first choice for Shodaime Hokage was Okada Kaji . . . but sadly he was off doing really big things with a really big team in Kumogakure. Indeed, out of all of the shinobi that he'd worked with, none had proven themselves more capable of completing the task and worthy of every accolade than Kaji, and here the Hokage was staring at adults acting like children. True, Tamashii was loyal, in much the same way that a little brother might be envious of his elder brother for taking up the limelight. Mikasa was a master at her craft and no doubt just as able to kill a man with her gaze as she could with her fist. Yomi was . . . well, Yomi was able to do things with her body that Umashi could only thank the stars for her coming into his life. Just the thought of her warm embrace and her tender touch almost took him out of the moment. in fact, when the arguing first started he was imaging the last time that he'd been with Yomi. They had been apart for so long that the meeting had seemed animalistic in nature. Like a storm that had been held back by a tall mountain, when the winds of passion finally hit, there was nothing else in the world that mattered, not even their children. Fortunately they'd had a babysitter that night but the pleasurable experience was one that Umashi would never forget.

"Which reminds me Umashi I have met up with the Sand Sennin who was travelling to us to finalize the treaty . . . It was enough to snap Umashi out of his very situationally inappropriate train of thought and bring him back to the meeting at hand. Takeshi had said something or another about Suna folk wanting to meet with him. Fine, he could do that. Speaking of though, Umashi did need to address another issue or another, but first he'd attempt to put out the fire. "I do believe that we are all adults, and sometimes as adults we don't get our way. Honestly, Takeshi wasn't my first choice but he was the choice that was voted on by the majority. It is what it is and that's how it's going to be. Frankly, we're all capable of destroying mountains with just the right wind conditions and enough chakra. Killing Takeshi isn't exactly a hard thing to do but it's certainly not going to help the people of Konoha and it certainly won't look good to our neighbors." Shrugging, Umashi grabbed another chip and dipped it in salsa, taking the next moment to bite into it and enjoy the mild heat that followed. He wondered why meetings like this, couldn't be just as simply good as tortilla chips and salsa. Then again, perhaps they truly were.

Like a parent scolding a child, Umashi followed up with his own continued heat. In a way he didn't see this meeting ending any other way.
"Look, the Council is expecting us to be adults about this and the best advice that I can give is to allow Takeshi his chance, or else the talk of the town will be that you aren't giving him the same due that you gave Umashi. That and that whatever you choose to do that you either table it or resolve it later in your heart. There's only another 23 hours until my proposed Kage and Sennin summit and I won't have this bickering at my unofficial retirement party, mmkay?" It was his hope that they'd see the nonverbal clues that he was laying down concerning a path to non violence. Perhaps this was what they'd eventually say about him once he was dead and gone. "Umashi, a great leader over a troubled people. He was so busy fighting political wars under the moonlight that he never got to be the champion under the sun that people wanted him to be. There was so much infighting in his cabinet that it's a wonder that he wasn't assassinated in his sleep!" Though he was prepared to leave, he did have one more item to address, that and he'd surely needed to let Takeshi know his plans as well. Whether any of them hated it, were indifferent, liked it or loved it, Uchiha Takeshi would be the next Hokage, and indeed the first Uchiha Hokage in a very long time of Konoha history.

"Takeshi, tell the Sunagakure delegation that I'll meet with them at the Summit and just so you are all aware, a very important asset nuked approximately twenty-seven hours ago. He was under investigation for ties to an arm of the former Fire Country Daimyo's science division. Whatever Intel he was carrying was lost with him as he burned down his home and his office. I was ready to assign a Black Ops division to go after him but Ranna Tatsuo was quick to come to me and address my concerns without me asking him to. The man that nuked was his father. Due to the nature of his fathers crimes, that of being a Summer Soldier of sorts and the information that we're needing kept out of the wrong hands, I have enabled the Winter Soldier Protocol and given Ranna Tatsuo a license to kill without ties to Konohagakure." Pausing to take a sip of water, Umashi continued. "You may wonder why I'm telling you all this, but it underlines the seriousness of our plight. Our decisions shape lives and when one of us bickers, we all suffer. With a stroke of the Hokage's pen, men and women rush to war and with the most silent of declarations, our destinies can be reshaped. This meeting is adjourned, but remember that. The very moment that each of us took on our mantles, our lives no longer directly belonged to us." Standing, Umashi gave a bow and lat it linger for long than was customary for one in his position. Even though they argued and even though they fought, it had been an hour, but for now he would retire.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.
OOC #2: Next up, the Kage x Sennin Summit!!!
OOC #3: Ranna Tatsuo declared a Mercenary
Ion_〆(。。) - Last Friday at 6:51 PM
Heads = Merc, Tails = Kumo
.flip
NadekoBOT - Last Friday at 6:51 PM
@Ion_〆(。。) flipped Head.

Ion_〆(。。) - Last Friday at 6:51 PM
Dang
@Ion_〆(。。) remember the above
Alright, thanks folks.

Tsukasa Mikasa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The conference between the superiors of Konoha had proven to be beneficial and only proved to answer the many inquires the medical sennin held over the course of the climb. Rumors of the tension between Lady Yomi, Takeshi, and Tamashii had reached her ears during the duration of her time as medical chief, but never once did she foresee the issue an extremity of this degree. Truthfully, the difficult Mikasa had in bringing the branches back together revolved around the distasteful opinions of those who gathered and the maiden only wishes for solutions to the apparent difficulties the village had been plagued with.

Uchiha Takeshi's response lacked focus on the issues and danced around the problems thus far, labeling them as success stories or turning a blind eye on the matters. No matter, being the youngest in the room normally meant the kunoichi would have been the least open minded individual; however it appeared to be quite the opposite. Coming to a stand, she respectfully bows towards Lord Umashiashikabihikoji, curious to the details of the issue being discussed of village intelligence. The secrecy behind the term 'whatever intelligence' didn't bode well, the meaning vague. Shaking her head, she understood Tatsuo's yearning to address his fathers mistake and wouldn't inquire any further than necessary; Mikasa unsure if Umashiashikabihikoji even had an inkling, "I do hope you are able to enlighten us, Lord Umashiashikabihikoji. The term 'whatever intel' doesn't rest well on my conscious."

The words of the Hokage resonate slightly, the medical kunoichi wouldn't allow the failure to ascend bog her down; for the task of ensuring the well being of the students and growing generations placing a heavier weight upon her shoulders. Truthfully, Mikasa practically lives within the academy grounds and medical buildings, yet never once had she felt satisfied. Much work to be done, maneuvering around Tamashii, the woman extends her hand outwards towards the Hokage to be, "Congratulations, Takeshi-san. After the summit, I would like to sit down with you and discuss matters, if you have the time." she bows her head respectfully, in time doing the same towards the advisor and main branch sennin.

Despite the arguments, Mikasa learned a great deal, the forces of the unknown were a difficult challenge to overcome. The maiden wouldn't allow for items to go unchanged and would continue to push for solutions, in hopes of opening the eyes of the Hokage to be. The dream burning within her soul would not yield, only strengthening her desires to protect and do the best she could possible perform for the future of Konohagakure. On this day, the world before the young Sennin changes a shade.

[OOC: Topic left, unless stopped]​
<i>​
</i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back