Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

See into the realm of souls (Closed/ Solo Mission)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa had finally arrived at Sora after much travel. As she didn't know how long her mission would be the first order of business was to get settled in, somewhere either capable of protecting possessions of directly linked to the areas of possession so as to allow her easy access to her target. She didn't know if she would be looking for an actual spirit or someone controlling people with Chakra but for now gathering Intel would be a good place to start.

In the spirit of Intel gathering Kurokawa would scan the area for a person with a calm heartbeat in a sea of confusion. Apparently Sora was still thriving despite the problems, which either meant that people knew what really happened, hadn't heard, or had absolute confidence that the current ruler would provide a safe environment. Seeing as this was the area with the Lords of the land, the third option seemed likely but with everything else in politics, the less the populaces knows the easier they would be to control. Now honed in on a shopkeeper who seemed to have the respect from the people doing business at his place, Kurokawa would walk with purpose to seek out general information.

"Excuse me. I am looking for lodging for the night. I am new here."

The shop keeper would talk as he turned to face his new potential customer.

"The sign you saw on your... You didn't see a sign did you? Hard to with that blindfold on."

Kurokawa would smile at the shopkeeper and tilt her head to the side.

"So I ended up passing an inn without even knowing it. Is that the only place to gain temporary residence?"

The shopkeeper would scratch his beard for a few seconds before replying.

"Well technically there are three places open at the moment. But this is the closest yes. The second one is way too pricey and the third one is risky business these days. Even a place as luxurious looking as this one has it's bad neighbourhoods. A local guard keeps the crime rate low in the tourist areas but even if you aren't liable to get mugged there are still certain rumours about that area."

Kurokawa would swind her head over to tilt in the other direction

"Oh? Sounds like an adventure of sorts. No Risk no reward. What rumours if you don't mind me asking?"

The shopkeeper would shrug and clear his throat.

"Erhm. It's just, you know, stuff flying around with no apparent cause, and people suddenly becoming violent and attacking each other with no memory of it afterwards. People feeling cold chills like something walked right through them. You know. Ghost stuff. It's not specifically attached to the inn, but it happens in that area so if you hold your safety in high regard my suggestion would be to avoid the place."

"Sounds like a bad place to linger for too long indeed. Where did you say it was? Hard to avoid something you don't know where is after all."

After getting a general layout of the area and what places to 'avoid' Kurokawa would head out to investigate further and set up a base of operation in the heart of the phenomenon.

[MFT]
[WC: 540]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa travelled with determination towards the socalled bad neighbourhood. It wasn't smutty or foul smelling in any ways but rather lively for a haunted hellhole. Not that there were many people around but Kurokawa could feel that those there walked with purpose as if they were there to complete a specific task as efficiently as possible. This would probably be due to the rumours of that you could be taken over by spirits if you lingered but then again this place was important enough to go against the warnings.

She quickly found herself in front of the golden cat, which turned out to be a rather thriving establishment, even with the recent decline in customers. As she walked in someone would immediately be met by a clerk.

"Welcome to the golden cat. Would you like a room for the night and can I interest you in dinner and or breakfast?"

Kurokawa would shrug her shoulders and point over her back at her backpack.

"Yes I need a place for the night. Somewhere as far up as possible to lessen the noise from the streets and preferably with some privacy. Dinner and breakfast sounds fine as well."

She would be shown to a room on the fifth floor above the top of most of the other buildings surrounding it, which meant roof top access. What would normally be some distance between the room and the chatter at the ground floor instead served as a sound carrier making it possible for Kurokawa to detect any incidents from further away than she normally would be able to.

First she would set up a ritual taught to her by Hemorian, used to call upon the spirits of the hidden wind country, that remain after the great wars to exterminate them. Other than Hemorian, Kurokawa had met another one, a sand spirit back when the Chuunin exam ran afoot. Sahqo Golz was his name. So far she was two for two on the peaceful spirits as long as you had shown understanding for their side of the story. Although Sahqo Golz did have the disadvantage of being outnumbered and outgunned so you never know.

[MFT]
[WC: 359]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurokawa spend the better part of two hours meditating, calling spirits in the area to her for a meeting. In order to not offending any spirit that might answer the call she used a ritual that was voided of binding aspects so as to not seems hostile, or with the intent to initially capture the entity residing in the area. She would however put up some protective jutsu made to give her the edge should the spirit try to posses her. After almost three hours the bells would strike midnight and a voice would appear along side a fog in the room.

"Hello"

Kurokawa would not be able to actually see the fog but she felt a familiar drop in temperature and moisture in the air so she knew it was there in some way shape or form.

"Who do I have the fortune to be in the presence off?"

The spirit would circle the room looking for the traps that weren't there.

"You called, I answered. You should present yourself before"

The voice was breathy and hollow, as was expected of a typical ghosts sound but Kurokawa sensed that it was being forced out that way. Maybe to appear more intimidating.

"Very well. I am known as Kurokawa, and I have come to find the source of what troubles these parts."

The spirit would raise it's voice.

"Lack of honesty is what trouble these parts. People promise to help each other out, to love each other. No protect each other, and they break these promises time and time again. I Hontou Shoujiki was called here to punish those who intentionally break their word and lie to get what they want."

Kurokawa would retrieve some notes from her bag and lay them out so that different incidents were places in different piles.

"Educate me then. Paint me a picture of each grievance and what the fitting punish was. Show me that you are a righteous spirit and not just a vengeful one."

The spirit would move from pile to pile looking at the text seemingly understanding what they said. It kept flying around as if it had trouble remembering them until it found one it was sure of.

"This one. He used his wits to get women to fall for him and then he enslaved them and doomed them to a life on the streets. A girls already at the edge of suicide decided to let me in. let me help her get revenge. We walked straight up to him and sliced his throat for what he had done. I felt her anger swelling as we got closer, until it was overwhelming. I had to get out after that. Couldn't take it. It wasn't an environment I could stay in, grow in, learn in, live in."

Kurokawa nodded once.

"You need a place to live then? Somewhere without too much turmoil? Somewhere where you can grow and perhaps learn the ways of humans?"

Oi oi, you aren't getting me a roommate now are you?

[WC: 504]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Everything pointed to this spirit lacking the ability to read intension or at least the knowledge of how to interpret it. For now Kurokawa needed to find a way to make Hontou stop attacking people at random. Well not at random as it seemed dishonesty was the tricker but since many people are dishonest for different reasons Hontou had not just made crooks it's victims but also regular people lying to protect people or to surprise them.

First thing would be to get Hontou to trust Kurokawa enough for her to show the human thought process and through that expand the otherwise black and white perspective that this spirit had. To do so she would invite the spirit to meditate with her trying to build a bond that would eventually lead to the spirit entering her body either for a mental battle, residence, or some other form of deeper understanding of the human condition through Kurokawas own knowledge and experience. So far so good. Candles would help create an atmosphere for anyone with sight, and a warmth for anyone who could sense it. For about an hour they would sit there in silence just feeling each others presence. Finally Kurokawa would break the silence.

"Keeping a cool head is part of making the right decision. You need to look for what is underneath. Not every situation is so black and white."

The spirit would take a moment to take in that the silence and stillness was not being replaced by conversation before it would respond.

"Lies hurt people. Undiscovered lies fester and eventually explode into to something much worse than what it was from the start. I have seen it. I have felt it."

Kurokawa would jump to the monologue and change the direction.

"Have you never experienced someone mysteriously getting happier when the lie was revealed?"

"Ah. Yes, that... Has happened but far more often it ends up hurting than helping."

Kurokawa would point at Hontue.

"That is why you need to observe. Sometimes people are trying to not give away a surprise meant to make someone happy. Also you need to evaluate the punishment in accordance with the crime. Someone lying about thinking someone else looks lovely in a dress they secretly hate, is no cause for violence and blood. They just lie to not hurt the person they are with. White lies they are called."

They were getting somewhere and Kurokawa could feel that Hontue was at least thinking about it which meant that there was a way out not involving an exorcism or extermination. It seemed the spirit was forged or at least lived in a place of great conflict and that this turmoil had altered it's mind to the point where a guide was needed to come back to a health status. Kurokawa was sure that with a little help and a host body that would show Hontue the nice sides of life everyone would be better off.

Kurokawa didn't get to bring up the subject of past or future before trouble stirred in a nearby alley. Someone was clearly in distress and Hontue reacted to it.

"You tricked me! How dare you!"

A female voice screamed out into the night. Normally in a place like this no one would hear her this night 2 did. Hontue would soar through the wall into the alley and Kurokawa had to follow through a window to make sure no unnecessary casualties came of this event.

[WC: 578]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Out in the street a man and woman was having an argument. Kurokawa rushed to the scene to stop Hontue from doing anything rash. As she got out there she would address the spirit directly.

"Hontue, stay out of sight just for a moment. Please, please just observe until you have a clearer view of what's happening"

For now at least it seemed to have worked. Hontue would take position up higher and observe without letting the couple know that they had spectators. They didn't seem to notice Kurokawas words either. Probably too absorbed in their own thing. From their argument it was clear that they had once been close lovers but had now drifted apart and the woman was upset that she had lost her best years to him if he was just gonna change, whilst he would argue that people change, and that he still cared for her, just not in that way any more. A normal break up.

"I see the argument. I sense the lies, I take over the body and through their feelings I enact what must be done. But it seems I didn't take one very important thing into account. Point of view."

Kurokawa would nod at the remark, not knowing if Hontue was even looking at her.

"Something can feel real to one but actually be something entirely else. One needs perspective to observe the truth. See things from above. Not let emotions dictate actions. "

Kurokawa would extend a hand towards Hontue.

"I have met a few spirits before. All of them had their own point of view. Some were hampered by too little contact with the outside world. They needed to relearn how their surroundings worked. IF you want I can help you do the same."

Hontue would fly around Kurokawa a few times and envelope her in a cloud of black mist. The mist would cling to her body and become liquid, until Kurokawa was covered head to toe in Ink.

"I sense you are telling the truth from your 'point of view' which means you are not intensionally lying to me. It also seems like one of those whom you speak off is already a tenant of yours."

Not that it would be visible from under all the black ooze or the blindfold but Kurokawas eyes would turn red and her voice would deepen just a bit whilst still being distinctively female.

"I won't mind a room mate as long as you don't try to take over or harm our host. If you do I will stop you is that clear? Am I lying when I say that?"

"Your point of view tells me it is true. You also seem to have the means to overpower me should I stray."

Hemorian would change to a less hostile tone.

"I won't mind a room mate. Or we can find some place more suitable for you when the opportunity arrives if that is more to your liking."

Kurokawas voice and eyes would return to their normal state.

"Do we have a deal? You don't cause unnecessary casualties and I help you make sense of the world?"

The Ink would start poring in through every single orifice Kurokawa possessed until it was all contained inside her.

"I accept this sincere offer and gracefully thank you for the opportunity to gain a different host should we not be compatible. I will observe this world and learn the truth behind the lies and the intensions with which one lies. I sense that Shinobi lie often, but always for a reason. I shall observe said reason and learn to determine good lies from bad ones so that I may spare those who do not deserve punishment."

As the last word was spoken Hontue was completely absorbed into Kurokawa and would now speak through an inner voice. Kurokawa stayed at the inn for a few days confirming that no other spirit or culprit lurked around the area causing trouble. She then took her leave from the place heading back to the Hidden Village with the package safe in hand and the mission well over.

[MFT]
[WC: 687]
[Mission Complete.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back