Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Shadows and Dragons [Contract Teaching]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira was finally outside, hanging around in the forest area, he was looking around for anyone in sight, the huge shadow flying over his head as he slowly walked towards an opening, his contract needed to spread its wings and he was not about to coop him up every day inside of the village, that would be unfair and he knew full well that even a mighty beast needed to be freed sometimes. As he walked slowly his thoughts were his own as he contemplated all the changes recently as well as the sudden change inside of the branch, it was weird to consider how quickly that had come about.

As he came towards the opening, he heard the hammering of wings, the sound of waterfalls as the huge wings slowed the giant creature down, and the dull thump of a mountain landing on the ground, earth giving way to claws as he moved out into the opening, the huge head of the dragon snapping around to meet him as he looked towards his contract, he had been so young when this one had come to him, and it had taught him so much, shown him so much and given him power that was unforgiving.

"It has been a while, I hope the distance and the ability to fly let you blow off some steam?"

"Indeed, but what about you, you have been busy it would seem"

"I have, and I have a lot to tell you about as well, let me start with all the changes that have recently taken place."

As the two sat there, in the opening it allowed Akira to finally recall everything that he had been taught and that had happened since the two of them had last spoken. Even Akira had to admit he zoned out to his surroundings sharing the stories with the old Dragon.

[TWC: 312/1,500]

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino made his way through the trees, practicing his chakra control and stamina by quickly jumping between them. Suddenly a rush of air came down on him with the thunderous flapping from above. Catching himself on a lower branch, having tumbled from one a little ways higher, he watched as the massive dragon made it's way past. His eyes widened with both shock and excitement, he had always wanted to see one up close and this was his chance.

"Holy shit.." He mumbled to himself as he fixed his stance, "alright time to go take a look." He made his way through the trees with his best attempt at maintaining a low profile. He didn't want to startle the creature or whoever had summoned it, he just knew that he wanted to take a look. He was almost at the clearing when the loud thud and scratch of the creature landing made it evident to Kino he needed to slow down. He paused for a moment to assess where the creature had landed.

Once he saw the clearing from his perching, he made his way there at a much slower pace. He was going to see the creature, but the last person he had met in the woods was a fight from the jump and he didn't want a repeat. Once he was close enough to see the beast and the shinobi near it, he decided to sit in his tree top hide away. If they noticed him he wasn't going to be rude, but he also wasn't really listening in on them so much as staring in bewilderment at the size and overall intensity of the creature. This thing was breath taking, but he couldn't help but to look at its shinobi. He'd never seen them before, not surprising but a note he would make mentally.

[WC 306/1500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting with the dragon he allowed himself to look at the creature as it swung its head down towards Akira, it was clear that it trusted the man as he allowed his hand to come out and gently touch the snout, though it made the human look tiny, as the two of them allowed their energy to flow together, it seemed clear to anyone that was watching the bond they had was a caring one as much as it may not look like that. He allowed himself a few moments as his aura seeped from him, though it would be a cold touch for anyone around.

"And that is how we got into this situation, I believe with time I can move up into the medical branch, the accesses I would gain would allow me to experiment with the knowledge I have gained and you have shared, I think we can both agree there are benefits to be had here?"

"I agree, stay your course little o...."

The words didn't finish as the huge mouth rustled, showing the huge teeth, each one the size of a human on there own, as the eyes darted to the intruder, it seemed that they had a guest and one that would not be able to just walk away from the situation. As the eyes locked with his a grumbling came from his throat, a weary and warning one.

"Step out, or die"

It was a simple request, and one that would change the fate Kino had, even his dreams to a certain extend, what he would do with this information would be down to him, but right now the ball was in his court, he had been found wanting and called out for his curiosity, and in some situations it did indeed kill the cat, or Shinobi in that sense.

[TWC: 619/1,500]

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino dropped down casually from the tree he was in. He put his hands up in a show of intention, "Meant no harm, just got tussled in the tree back there so I figured I would take the opportunity to see a dragon up close was all." His words, as usual, were his true intentions. Kino saw absolutely zero point in lying to this creature that had so easily spotted him in his hiding place. Something of this caliber, and someone else who it trusted, were not exactly the fight Kino was wanting to pick in that moment. He actually seemed to be learning to control that instinct a little more since joining the academy. So when he put his hands back down into his pockets and shrugged it was clear that this was no longer the sparky kid Kino had been, but now was a shinobi in the making.

He looked at the pair before speaking once again, "I meant no trouble, and I wasn't listening for what that's worth. Pretty much shut my ears off when the thunderous flapping knocked me off my branch. Coulda bursted an eardrum like that." He let out a playful laugh as he scratched the back of his head. He was nervous, as anyone in their right mind would be in this situation. But for some odd reason, that Kino could not for the life of him figure out, it wasn't the dragon that made him so on edge. It was the man, something about him was pungent in the air and left Kino with a uncomfortable unease when he looked upon him. He couldn't help but feel like this was a mistake, a trap, or something like that but he also had no reason to hold that thought. So why was it there in the first place?

[WC 304]
[TWC 610/1500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Turning to face the Student, the eyes of the Medic in Training locked onto the man as he raised a small eyebrow as he studied him, interesting to see a student out and about, but honestly, Akira knew he couldn't keep the dragon a secret after all, he was too big sometimes for his own good and would have drawn attention no matter were he went, and he was sure right now that even going this far was a mistake. At least he now had an interesting situation to deal with, a naive student, well this could be fun, his eyes stayed locked as he stood up.

"It's fine, he is all bark and no bite, come closer if you want, this is Kyofu a dragon contract, I am not sure if the academy gave you instruction on contracts, its a pact between a Shinobi and a dragon, this one here is the one that linked with myself."

He would peak the boy's curiosity however not tell him the dragon he looked at was a tricky one, and a deceived of those he didn't know but that would be saved for later at least, as the dragon raised his head, snorting smoke at him rather than words, but it seemed that the offer to approach further was not one that he would snuff away quickly, he would at least try and follow the lead that was being laid out by Akira right now.

"They can sign deals with anyone really, that they deem worthy or offer something to them, it's an interesting way to gain a contract to aid you in this world, never considered it yourself?"

The dragon saw Akira's intention as the mouth curled up in what could be considered a grin, and its eyes remained focused on the Student.

[TWC: 921/1,500]

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino began to approach but remained a healthy distance from the pair. "I have heard of contracts before, but never with dragons. Honestly that's a pretty great deal then if you can have a dragon on your side." He thought for a moment, "Wait a deal implies that he gets something in return right? What is your end of the bargain then if you don't mind me asking?"

His curiosity only grew as the distance between him and the creature shrank. At first the distance was healthy sure, enough for him to easily bail out if needed or even dodge an attack. But now he was finding himself almost too willing to step forward, his body acting before he could commit his mind to anything. He wanted a better look at such a legendary beast, he always had wanted to meet a dragon. Now, he was offered that chance to be close.

After a few more steps the realization of what he was doing became clear, Kino stopped himself in place. He did not change expression, nor did he step back in his realization. Instead he simply stopped himself from getting closer. It wasn't that he thought these two meant any harm, but rather that he'd rather not be wrong and find out the hard way. So now he was closer but still at least comfortable with his chances of escape if something were to happen.

His thoughts wondered as he looked at the beast, 'he knows I'm a student, so he's at least a genin or above then. Why though is he being so secretive, meeting in the woods like this with a summon?' He would push down those thoughts in an effort to simply just keep calm. He didn't need to know, and frankly it was really none of his business at that. So he marveled some more at the creature and occassionally returned his eyes to Akira.

[WC 317]
[TWC 927/1500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Akira listened to the body speak as he wondered what he had bargained, honestly, it wasn't much in the grand scheme of things, even he had to admit that he still had more room to grow and that was all part of the deal, he had made with the Dragon, in order to get himself stronger he had been given that opportunity, in return the dragon wanted to go were he went, see what he saw, and share experience, overall he had made a good deal, but that deal always had something else attached to it.

"You know, my deal was I wanted power, I wanted a contract, in return I got this one here, he stays by my side and in return I share the experiences I have with him, what I learn and what else I gain in this world, they all come to him through me, and in return he flys free as when he wants. If you want a contract like this I wonder what they want in return from you..."

"You want power? You want aid, my kind can offer both to you, of course just like anything there is always a price to pay, this time it's no different"

The huge dragon swung its head in his direction, the teeth now inch away, it closed the distance lighting fast and showing how its true goliath form looked, as the hot breath etched the boy's skin, the eyes piercing into his soul in those moments between the two fo them. It seemed to be judging him in those few moments.

"A contract gained my give something in return, I want my friend here to mark you, a seal if you will, you take a seal and I will give you a scroll to seal, granting you one of us to aid in your journey in life, a mark for a mark I think that is a fair trade, and you gain all the power from this deal. Generous isn't it?"

Akira suddenly realized what he was offering the boy, though no expression crossed his face at that moment as he stood, wondering if the boy would decline the offer or accept.

[TWC: 1,287/1,500]
[Dragon Contract Offered]
[Dark Sage Curse Seal Offered]

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino was surprisingly calm given the quickness of it all, given that this creature could easily end him in a second he thought it pointless to move in any way or show fear. He looked back to the shinobi with curiosity, 'What's this deal even about.. seems like he would get something out of it more than the dragon would.. and what is a seal?' His mind raced as did his heart. He was actually nervous, it was almost a rush if it wasn't for the heavy weight on the conversation.

"What exactly does he get from marking me with this.. seal?"
Kino's question was that of curiousity rather than pointed. He seemed to be confused on how this was a deal for the dragon and not for the shinobi it found itself with. Regardless, the promise of raw power like this was hard to refuse. In fact before he even had an answer his mouth moved "Deal." Such as simple phrase to alter the course of one's entire life. Kino may not have had any idea at the time, but he would learn soon enough to actual weight of the burden he was agreeing to. Simple minds, that of children, can only ever truly see the light at the end of the tunnel, and not all the bodies that make up its walls.

Kino looked between the two and nodded once more, "Whatever it is, you have a deal. I need to be better, stronger, this does that. So whatever this seal is.. I'm ready for it." He toook a long and deep breath to calm himself. 'Is.. is this the right move? I don't trust him, why would I trust him now? Damn it Kino just..' He gulped and waited as if time itself stood still. Nervously looking back and forth between the colossal dragon and it's equally concerning shinobi.

[WC 310]
[TWC 1237/1500]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Dragon seemed to rear itself up and chuckle to the sky at that moment, all it needed was the body to sign off on this and the pact would be made, as he glanced towards the boy opening the huge mouth he allowed a scroll to fall from it freely towards him, in that split seconds the scroll unfolded showing a list of names, and signatures below in red color, it was clear that it was blood, as his gaze turned to Akira the man walked up to him, no name had been giving by the Medic for now but he was about to stamp the boy as per the agreement.

"Hardness this, learn to use it, and it will grant you strength however rely on it, overuse it and it will cost you in the long run, that is my warning to you."

With that, he summoned up the chakra, the cursed energy running through his fingers as he rushed out, and with three fingers touched the boy's neck, the ink running into a circle and forming a chain, followed by unrecognizable symbols on the boy's neck, the pain would be extreme but the boy has agreed to this as he marks remained on his skin, there as a sentence for his deal he made.

"Sign the scroll, and find your companion, learn from them, and keep them with you, for that is what a contract is, a partnership for life and we dragons live a long time"

With that Akira didn't say anything else, simply walking back over to the dragon, and climbing upon him, without a second word or glance, the huge dragon erupted into the sky and began moving away in the sky out of sight of the student, leaving him there with the scroll to sign.

[Dark Sage Curse Seal Given]
[Dragon Contract Taught]
[TWC: 1,597/1,500]
[Topic Left]

Chikamatsu Nashi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
B
Kino would hold it together until the thunderous wind of the dragon leaving sent a soaring pain across his body. He stumbled and fell to his knees letting out a groan that turned into a yell. The pain was coming in waves, and throbbed rapidly across his form. 'WHAT HAVE I DONE' and 'AM I GOING TO DIE' were on repeat inside of his mind. He was starting to get his baring after a few moments, while the pain was immense he was not about to let it break him.

Standing he took a few labored breaths before grabbing the scroll and signing it. Contract, a deal, and a seal all made in the split few moments. Life was about to become more complicated than Kino could ever know, but in this moment he hadn't had the slightest clue as to what this all meant. He let out a sigh and wondered what his summon would be and what it meant to have this mark.

His fingers reached back and felt the cursed ink, trying to think on why something so simple hurt. Granted he couldn't exactly see the mark, so he had very little idea on the extent of what had been done to him. But he felt that it was still and odd feeling that just a three finger tap would land him into a gut wrenching level of pain. A few more moments passed before he would leave the area, a new sense of dread filling his stomach. 'What the hell am I supposed to do with this now.. should I tell someone? No.. no probably not.'

[WC 268]
[twc 1505]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back