Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shake A Tree ~ [E-Rank Mission]

Naganori Konno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The dour gray haired woman had not lived up to his imagination in regards to the experience of his first mission. In his mind a village bureaucrat would have sought him out personally, desperate for his aid and his aid alone on a dire emergency. His needs for the task paid for along with a group of other capable shinobi flanking him into the abyss. A tall dream to be sure, and although he didn't truly expect the exaggerated additives, he did at least presume some sort of individual formality or at least for a moment to seem important. The mission office was more like an assembly line, printing out missions and handing them out on a first come first serve basis. The young Naganori felt no more important than an insignificant cog in a large machine, and for all intensive purposes, such was the case. He had been a student for less than a week with no experience or any merit of his own curation. He'd have to start out like everyone else and prove his worth, after all, that was what he decided to become a ninja for anyway.

With his immature pipe dream eroded for at least the immediate future, he took it with a grain of salt and realized with contrasting excitement that this was the actual beginning of that teleos thing his mother always talked about, proving himself to his village started now. Rolling back the green and red trim mission dossier he found the title for his mission: Shaking A Tree. It was an odd rather journalistic headline, but as he read further the title made sense, sort of.

"It says here I have to meet a Mr. Junzo at the park behind the central market place. I suppose that is where this stubborn tree is as well." He uttered in thought as he raised a concentrated yellow brow before rolling the mission scroll back to a close.

Ambient blue was the open air vibe as not a cloud cared to pass over the immediate sky as its serene clarity jawed at the butterflies in his stomach. The task itself wasn't very exciting but he wanted to do well on his first mission regardless. Weaving in and out of sparsely spaced denizens his walk felt more like a meandering waltz as a straight line of travel was nearly impossible to come by. After several minutes he found himself nearing the central market, and just beyond that he could make out the foliage of the trees that stuck out from behind the structure which would begin to encompass the large rear park. Komorebi danced about his face as he walked the dirt path beneath the trees that eventually led him to a cul-de-sac like clearing where ironically the single most smallest tree stood in total isolation.

WC: 471

Naganori Konno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the young Naganor neared an elder gentlemen, roughly in his sixties or seventies stood with the aid of a brown cane underneath the shade of the small tree. The man had slight hunch back, but his physical deficiency was deferred by his long bulbous nose and sharp garments. On his head was a white and blue pinstripe fedora that housed his silver slicked back hair. A long sleeve white collar cuff tight was tuck into a pair of white slack trousers subsequently held up by a pair of blue suspenders. All the man was missing was a cigar and a silver tongue to piece together a vintage old-time player. What gave him away presumably as the Mr. Junzo from his dossier was the large empty basket beside him, an indicative hint towards the lustrous red apples above that were probably as stubborn as the old man who desired them.

"Mr. Junzo I presume? I am Konno, I've been sent to fulfill your mission request." He stated as professionally as he could muster his voice, nodding politely with an eager energy to provide assistance.

"I see. Well at least your early, an old man like me couldn't bare stand here all day." Mr. Junzo replied with a wiry smile after looking the boy over with the curiosity most were afflicted with based upon his appearance.

"I call her Hara, the tree that is. Named after my late wife, I suspect she's haunting me in the form of this tree because never in all my days had my anyone or anything as stubborn as her. At any rate, If you can fill this basket here with Hara's apples we'll be square, sound good?"

"Uh, yes, sure thing..."

The personal attachment Mr. Junzo had created with the tree was sentimental to say the least, but the unwarranted information about his personal life made the young student just a tad bit uncomfortable. Adjusting his attention upward he decided to test the tree's stubbornness, his first attempt would be the old fashioned way. In a nimble showing of athleticism the yellow haired adolescent had scaled the slim trunk of the tree up to its main branches in a matter of seconds. Gazing back down he estimated only being six or seven feet off the ground as his feet dangled in airborne suspension. Utilizing his arm strength he held his body in place, locking in the grip of his left hand to reach for the nearest apple with his right. Gritting his pearly whites he yanked to the extent of his strength, but the red bulbous fruit would not budge. Transitioning his approach, he gripped the apple and transferred all of his weight to its stem, now virtually hanging from the apple itself. Although he did not weigh very much as it stood, he was certain that a mere apple stem/branch couldn't possibly withstand a slight excess of one-hundred pounds, but it seemed to his surprise that the rumors were true.

WC: 501

Naganori Konno

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Violently tossing his body around in combination with his natural weight to jerk or snap the stem proved just as futile. In his rather comical attempts to rip the apple free he caught glances from Mr. Junzo as he shook his head with a variation of smug grins. In responsive frustration he clinched the apple with an even tighter grip to hoist his lower body upward to place his feet under the bottom the branch. His plan was to try and pull it free upside down, using the strength of his legs in addition to the power in his arms. After several loud grunts of stress and exertion his arms and legs began to burn beyond bare, and against his consistent passion to succeed he let go, tumbling gracefully back down to the ground in stark contrast to his crude display of attempts.

"I-its, no good. T-The apple wont even budge..." He stated as he fell to one knee as he strived to catch his breath in between words.

"I told you she was stubborn, you wont win that battle. You have to shake the tree son, I know I'm a bit senile but I'm sure I mentioned that in the request"

"Shake A Tree, of course! How could I have forgotten that, it's the mission headline." He scolded himself in thought as he face palmed in embarrassment.

Shaking an ordinary tree would be impossible for him with current level of strength, but given the skinnier and much smaller stature of this tree it might prove to be within the realm of possibility. Taking a wide shoulder width stance he square up to the tree, parallel to its dimensions once more. Closing his eyes he focused on his breathing, just like his father taught him, before raising and knuckling up his hands just past his chin. With a heavy exhalation the young Naganori released a straight punch to the trunk of the tree, rattling it violently, before a delayed reaction of random thuds struck the ground.

"There you go sonny! A few more hits like that and I should have what I need." Mr. Junzo replied as he began gingerly filling his basket with the fallen apples.

After a confident nod he turned his attention back to the tree and repeated the process a few times more, deep breath and heavy exhalation, focus and strike. Three more light tremors crashed against the trunk of the petite tree, spilling the appropriate amount of apple onto the ground, and subsequently into Mr. Junzo's basket. After achieving the goal he reset his posture, standing back upright in an obviously practiced motion. His knuckles were sore and slightly bloody, a testament to lack of training and inexperience thus far, the pain was modest and would prove to be nothing he could not bare.

"Welp we're square, just like I promised. Although, if you wouldn't mind carrying the basket for me back into town that would be a big help. My back isn't what it used to be, hehehe."

"Of course Mr. Junzo." He replied without hesitation, ignoring the sting his knuckles and hoisting the fully loaded basket up to chest-level. His arms quivered from the stress of the day on top of the roughly fifty pound load, but he would give no audible complaints. It was still a mission after all.

WC: 563
Total WC: 1535
[Topic Finished/Left]
[MFT]​

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back