Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

shards beneath our feet ; [ open ]

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tLs71Ws.png

"You know you shouldn't be here. . . Right. . .?"

A particular voice of worry rung out inside of the young woman's head. It was one of the very first times that she had ever heard Haru intimidated in any senses of the word. Could she actually go ahead and blame Haru? It was a question that sought answer, but she was not going to actively pursue said answer. No, not at this point in time. Rather, she was going to stand there in the midst of the towering statues, her eyes flowing between the five of them. . . and then the center area that had been deemed the void. The void. . . What a strange concept in the mind of the young leader. She couldn't help but question where it came from. After all, her mother was laying on her death bed and there came rambles from the old, faded woman about the void and how evil it truly was. Could something be so evil, though? Those were questions that were something she was interested in answering right now. Her cold eyes snap up from their fixed position at the floor and she'd continue staring down the giants.

It could've been considered a rebellion with the way that she stood there if she were not the political leader of this vast country. She had an almost unimpressed aura that flowed around her, weaving with her very motions. Her hands would lift up and she'd clamp them around her upper arm, rustling the strange chains that attached to her shirt there.
"Also, let's not forget to mention that you're dressed like some kind of fucking punk in this place. They're going to try and exorcise you. Don't you know that? And that's going to hurt. It's going to hurt me." Well, leave it to Haru to think about nothing but herself at times like these. Still, she couldn't blame the entity. She was dressed in some kind of rocker-esque style, like she had just hopped straight out of a 70's era Sex Pistol concert. A plaid skirt, thigh high boots, and a tank top with chains attached to it in a place of worship? Leave it to her to express the fact that she couldn't find it in her to accept the beck and call of a higher power, but she wasn't necessarily voicing her opinions on any matter here.

No, she was simply just Haruka and she was doing something that she did every week: Seeking out answers. The ever inquisitive mind, she just couldn't help it. She watched people under the disguise of a different woman, someone that she was not. She was characterized by her typical slate gray eyes and long blonde hair, but it was easy to change that with the help of chakra. Hair bound, body altered slightly, and eyes now expressed by a jade coloration- - - her mother's beloved color- - - a person would have to take a second glance to really realize who she was. Or they'd have to be Souji, and she promised that no one around was Souji. Besides, sometimes it was a relief to not be who you were. They wouldn't miss her too much for two hours, right? So that was what she was going to keep on thinking. So she was going to come here every Saturday and seek out answers to the unanswerable, wearing a distinct scowl on her delicately altered features.

After all, no higher power anywhere would put her mother through so much misery. This was something that she was sure of. If a higher power created them, then it was a sick fuck who liked to watch suffering. Her eyes would narrow into a glare not necessarily directed anywhere.

"You've made your mopey fucking point. Let's go before someone finds you here! Fuck!"

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
WC: 374​
"Worship hours are not for some time," Keita's eyes fell to the girl's clothing. Rather inappropriate for the setting, but it mattered not. The Old Ones were not so superficial that clothing would be a critera of attaining teleos.

"Though, I suppose you were aware of that," Keita would say, now taking steps towards her, around her. He was orbitting the girl standing that center plateau. Keita orbitted that which was at the center of the void. After all, there could not be absolute nothingness; there was always something; what existed within the void is what gave the void its power. Nothingness had none, therefore, the void could not be nothingness. People feared it for that reason; only Shaman who had been touched by the voice of the Old Ones understood this.

The other element's power was something obvious, and as such, their place within the room generally were filled with more whom worshipped and sought their power. Fire burned all; fire was passion. Fire was the most immediate with strength, people went to it with their thoughts and beliefs that strength alone was the path to finding teleos. But those, Keita knew, whom's flame burned brightest were the ones which died fastest. Earth was a barrier; earth was protection. People who put others before themselves, or an ideal before themselves and wished to protect it went to that pillar. There were fewer there than with the element of fire. Next was wind. Wind was an ever-present force; when calmed, they provided assistance for others; when angered, they could cut through and and all. Worshippers of the wind found their own reasons. Water was much like wind, only that people found themselves more towards the massive power of the force.

The void was different in that one did not seek power from it. The void was the concept of nothingness with the presence of something. Truly confusing, even to those who understood. But, if one could fully understand the nature that the Old Ones had created, it would have been deemed too simple by humankind. There should always be some aspect we fail to understand.

Keita stopped after a single orbit around the girl, several feet away from her. "Is there anything you need?"

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
tLs71Ws.png

Haru would call this caught, but Haruka herself would not. Rather, she would call this as more of just a minor annoyance more than anything. For people to show up when she was doing some deep, complicated thinking, it was strange. Never before had she actually been interrupted by any of the Shaman who relentlessly clung to this place, so why now? Oh, perhaps it was because she had this air about her that simply drew people into her orbit. You know, because this man was waltzing around her like a predator circling it's prey. It should've been the other way around, though. In the stance of everything, he was her prey and she was the fearless predator. Though, she wouldn't dare correct the man, for this was his place, a holy place. A place by no means did she belong with the demon that clung to her very life force and soul, working it's way more and more to the surface every day. . . The young woman would stand, unwavering as she stared forth. Should she acknowledge the holy man. . . or walk away? It was a one way ticket to conflict, and everyone could see that. Especially with the virulent nature that was nestled in the Daimyo's well being at the moment. Though, all passings, all decay caused this in human beings. A need to fight, a need to bite back. They needed any, and everything that they could grasp on in trying times lest the succumb to the madness.

And madness seemed like a comfortable embrace at this point in time, but still, she could not fall back into the embrace of madness and comfort. After all, she was the voice of a nation and the image of what was to be expected of the Earth Country. . . or at least, she was when she looked normal. She did not drop her arms, nothing. She awaited this man to finish his talking, and to finish his obvious descent into a gravitational pull. The breath that passed from her lips condensed into small puffy clouds, though it not being so cold in the temple here. Her dark jade eyes would lock onto Keita as he stopped, the prey finally finishing his dance of mockery about her. Surely she might've been a wild animal at this point, but there was no real need to treat her like it.

"Holy man," she spoke with the cold clinging to her voice, "I should be asking you a similar question." Her eyes would narrow the slightest of bits in his direction, "What do you need?" A loaded question, indeed. It had no specific connotation, but rather it expressed that there was more than likely something missing here.

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was unflinching; rather, she seemed to stare down the Shaman with a gaze akin to hatred. She met his eyes, covered by the hood of the dirty robe he wore -- general attire of the Shaman while within the Temple. She was sure of herself, even while within such an uncertain place; she was even drawn to the pillar that the Shaman were. Had she experience with them? Did she seem to distrust or abhor them? Her eyes suggested such.

"'Holy?'" Keita let out a short laugh. "I assure you, the title comes solely from my porous clothing. I am like any other you might fine in the village or the city." She returned the question: a terrible act in social etiquette; questions, in those who might be more polite -- of course, how old could she be? In those clothes and with that attitude, and overall appearance, she couldn't be older than a teenager -- were returned only after answered on their end.

"I need what any other might: a passion to follow, an ideal to protect, the means to protect them, and the mind of a Shaman to attain teleos and bring forth the Calm." All were the teachings of the Shaman. The five pillars and the new religion: the Fayth. It made Keita out to be a fairly generic Shaman as far as things went. It still didn't answer the question of why she was here; people rarely came when a mass worship wasn't taking place, which is why Keita was drawn to her. If she needed medical assistance or religious assistance, he could be the one to talk to.

"Allow me to rephrase the question: while you are not barred from visiting, may I ask why you've come before the ceremony? Few do and those few generally have a reason."

"Oh, I beg your forgiveness, I have failed to introduce myself. I am the Jun of the Temple. I am known as Keita."

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
'Quite like' had a loaded meaning, because the woman had met everyone from saints to thieves, to murderers to mothers. So there was no specific thing to be akin to here in the humble country of Earth. After all, there could be more than just a silly book thumper behind the eyes of the Jun of the Temple. However, her seventh grade revenge was helping nothing. Even if she were to go on some type of crusade against the Gods themselves, it wouldn't do her much of any good. Besides, what was a God on this planet anyways? The demon within her, and all the insanity she spouted, claimed to be a God more times than not. So, really? What was there to believe, or really think about? She needed to cool off. She knew her Mother's decline was beginning to take a toll on her: It showed when you went to a place to pick on the holy men of the country.

Lifting her hand, "And I, myself, have forgotten manners and all introduction." She'd speak now in a more eloquent tone as she lifted her hand, and dispelled her disguise. Now standing as the more appropritate, older looking Haruka, she would watch the man in silence. "Kono Haruka." She murmured, bowing her head a bit to the man. "I'm here because I feel that I'm fighting forces that I cannot even bring myself to believe." It was a low whisper between the two as she kept her gaze steadily locked upon the male. It was easy. Very easy to keep her cool. The thriving of a nation depended on it, after all.

091.gif

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
This Haruka seemed polite enough, at the very least. Who wouldn't be? She stood before the five with poise and seemed enough in control. "A pleasure, Kono Haruka," Keita returned the slight bow she gave him. Why she was still here was an enigma. She was fighting forces she couldn't believe -- did she hallucinate shades which plagued her night and day? Perhaps it was a moment of paranoia, bringing her freight. No? Then the voices in her head were getting to her? So many possibilities, so little time. Keita grinned slightly at the remark given to him.

"Now, now, I am sure the Five might protect whatever demons plague you, Kono Haruka." Pointless banter of the religion. It was no more than an emotionless "get better" with religious jargon. If Keita was really to delve into what was wrong with her, this girl would have to tell of these demons, or whatever they were. Perhaps he would, it was his job, after all, to help these people.

"If you cannot believe your demons, why do you fight? Surely, you wouldn't fight your imagination unless it produced something that you could." Her maintained calm and composure, even when giving a confession -- as vague as it was -- was something odd. Few could manage to tell such about themselves without stumbling a bit or without great anxiety. This Haruka was...interesting. Keita's eyes met her's unwaveringly. He was watching her with interest -- how else might you look upon something that intrigues you?

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
2fwSza9.gif

The young woman would simply settle her slate grey eyes shut now. It would take her just a few moments to process the words being spoken to her. Had the holy man's words been heard correctly? The icy maiden couldn't help but feel as though she had heard properly. After all, her active listening skills had to be superb even if she did not want to hear what was being said to her. The five might've been what was the standard belief, but there had always been seven to her. And they did not include the original five, and the church certainly was not a free-feeling, cheerful bunch of people who praised the word. They were frightfully strict and sadistic, but you would never hear the musings of the young woman out loud. She was raised to never utter a single word against her nation, no matter how much she could ever want to spit on the very ground she walked on very rare occasions. Earth Country was a place she would die defending, though.

And damnit, it would be a sweet death whether she was defending people who followed a bogus faith rather than people who followed a mirthful messiah. "Oh, I'm sure they would defend the demon inside of my head instead of me." She'd comment, and naturally the tone would be ice cold as she opened her eyes to look over towards Keita. "It is a sentient being, after all." At this point, she could practically feel Haru attempting to grab her throat and squeeze it shut so she didn't run her mouth anymore. "Don't tell me what I harbor is not real. I know it all too well to be real." For just a brief moment, she knew he would've caught it. . . the flash of gold that was translated across her typically gray colored eyes.

"It would be. . . peace if it were just my imagination." She'd close her eyes again, seeming to drift off into some sort of distant land. "I would be at peace." She'd nod her head slowly now, as if to the tune of an unheard song.

If I didn't know any better, I would assume that you were inviting in this. . . person to witness just how much you're cursed. I don't know if that is what it is exactly, but I dare you: Bring anyone close to me and I'll lay them bare.

vDeuVCC.png

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was taken aback, showing it ever so slightly in her demeanor, by the common prayer. Was she of another faith? Of a faith at all? Keita might only wonder, not that it mattered so much. Iwagakure was a place of free faith; however, most followed the traditional religions. The worshiping of the Old Ones was foremost in these, so the common prayer was a phrase that held little meaning as most used it. Keita used it as a matter to show where his alliances lied. He had spoken with them -- how could he not believe? That didn't mean, however, that he worshiped. The Shaman held special power because of some pact with these Old Ones. Was that what prevented them from reaching that god-like power -- their reliance on them? Perhaps that meant that by finding teleos, you must first seek damnation through the anti-teleos. It was a thought to ponder, but not while this one was around.

"The demon a daemon, then?" the Jun asked, frowning slightly and answered immediately. "A being living within you, then. Its a fate I have heard of before, though..." he trailed off. To tell her anymore was to suggest that she was already damned to the fate of anti-teleos, which, as a common belief, might have her fear for her life. By some rumors or another, much of the public believed the Temple hunted such people to make a more purified Iwagakure, where we all might reach teleos together. Only the public would ostracize such people; some of the Temple might shun such individuals, but by no means were they barred from here or barred from the Temple's services.

Sentient, then? A spirit of the world taking host within her. The two's, if what she said was true, lived in something of symbiosis, relying on each other's power as it was needed. This Kono Haruka found a source of power that was not of the Old Ones...anti-teleos without any doubt. Perhaps she was the key to the teleos that Keita sought.

"I apologize for my words," he met her stare...he could see it in her eyes. This demon of her's. Whether she knew it or not, it watched from behind those grey-tinted windows. The demon was laced in gold -- richness, power, just like it offered her. "I know of a man within the Temple who might provide face for another to interact with, one that you might trust. A demon and a foreigner might provide some peace for you."

WC: 421

Haruka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sentient beings. . . they had to have been the most complicated things to control. Oh, why, you ask? That's due to the facts that they had thoughts and feelings much like anyone else, any other human being, in the world. And thus, as Haru had been a sentient being, it was hard to deal with her, because there was an element of freedom of speech and freedom of action. Now, if only Haruka had the same freedom of action. . . That would have been nice now, wouldn't it? As it stood now, though, she was the pinnacle of Earth Country and one little fuck up could besmirch all the reputation that she had managed to garner. So, a small breath would then leave the confines of Haruka's lips. It seemed that she had breathing at a very minimal rate as she struggled to keep the rampaging demoness under control inside of her. However, she would stand as tall as ever. Keita could take it upon himself to believe that the demon within her had offered her power, glory, and whatever else there was in the world that had appeal. . . but it was something that Haruka was born with, fought with, and struggled against since day one. Two conflicting entities within the very same body: Hard to imagine, right? With the darkness and conflict held within Mist, though. . . It was hard to avoid any kind of taint within that harsh living. It made sense that Haru's specialty happened to be in the realms of ice. Befitting for the ending of the village that was held so dearly to many people, right? Some would, of course, argue.

Closing her eyes then and there, she could feel it. It was soul searching, or rather soul trudging. The man before her chose to attempt to make sense of what was going on within her. A bad, bad choice indeed. It was hard to understand, and even more complicated to get mixed into. A high profile woman and her pet demon. . .? Pet? Bullshit. You know that it's you who's the pet here. The mocking laughter that bounced around in her skull caused the young woman to release a sigh. "A face? The only face I want present is yours, as you seem to be piecing together my terror and what has been twenty-two years of struggle and living." She'd comment coldly, crossing her arms over her chest in a defensive stance. "Show me where we can go."
<i></i>

[ Topic Left ]

Kari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She was so willing...it was rare, given that the Jun was nothing more than a stranger to her. Either she had experienced this before and her mind was tempered enough that a stranger seeing the first levels of her mind would not phase her, or she had no clue. If Keita was really taking her first dive, no matter the fact that few did, or even knew of them, it felt wrong. Did she know that his influence there could permanently affect the person she was out here? Did she know that a Dive would reveal her inner -- her true -- self to him? That's the exact reason that only people who were close to you, or training yourself not to immediately remove any stranger, was important. She demanded to go; Gun would explain it all before the Dive was commenced, Keita was sure. It was, after all, his job. No one else could do it.

"Very well, I shall take you," Keita nodded, stepping away from the center platform where their short conversation had been held. They were heading into the deeper confines of the Temple. On their way, Keita would explain little. "Kono Haruka, the man that we are going to see is one of the elders of the Shamans. He is the Shaman Gun; he has studied and practiced in this room longer than either of us -- I do hope -- have lived. His hymn allows for one, me in this case, to enter your mind. Beyond that, I do not know how it works. He can explain better than I."

The dimly lit halls provided a calming way while they traveled. Little more than that was said. Now, the Dive was going to begin. Keita would stop at one door, appearing much the same as any of the numerous others they had passed. "Here it is."

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back