Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shark Bait [Req. Kaen]

Mienai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Not many understand what it feels like when natural instinct overtakes them. Technically, Kasen hadn't either. She had had fleeting moments where her connection with Same made her feel like her control was slipping bit by bit, but nothing like this. Nothing like the raw power that coursed through her, transformed her. The shark humanoid bolted across the hot sands, forging her way in fast strides to get to the clear waters. Same was one with her, everything felt calm and strong. Revitalized. She almost felt like an entirely new person, a new self. The sound of water in the distance assaulted her ears, the smell of the ocean hitting her well before she could even see it. Home.<i></i>

With heightened senses, Kasen managed to steer herself away from populated areas. She couldn't risk being seen. Something in her told her that would be a grave danger to herself. She instead followed the smell of brine. Her skin didn't like the dry air and the hot sand beneath her feet, but she forced herself forward. Wind whipped against her as she felt herself now running against the sand on all fours like a beast of the wild. Her finned tail whipped back and forth behind her. Kasen's new form was beautiful. A light grey skin tone, adorned with various fins around her body all with blackened tips. Her eyes were pitch black as night, gills flapped from her neck and under her eyes, her sharp teeth poking through her massive jaws.

As the beach finally came into her vision, the ocean foam lapping at the sands, Kasen thrust herself into the cool waters. The change in environment welcomed her, propelling her throw the water like a knife to butter. Her gills opened and she could breath fresh oxygen within the ocean. Kasen found herself staring into the tropical waters around her. Fish swam by in schools, turtles lulled through the waves, even some of the local shark populace came and grazed her in welcome back, some even nibbling her fins in acknowledgement of Same's presence. Again that word resonated from within her core. Home.<i></i> Kasen knew this was Same. It was hard to determine one from the other now. Kasen swam through the waters feeling freer than she ever had. A scent came into her nose, causing her to quickly spin in place. Food.<i></i> Kasen bolted through the waters using all of her limbs and fins combined. She was like a torpedo, thrusting herself from on area to the next.

What happened next would not be very pretty. What Kasen smelled was a weakened seal. The part of Kasen's mind that belonged to her rebelled. She knew what her instincts wanted. It wanted to eat, to hunt. She did not want to attack the creature. She couldn't. It was her duty to heal and bring peace, to make up for the harm that her father had put into the world. Kasen tried in vain to tug against the mental hold that Same being unleashed once more had caused. Same....no...please However, she was unable to gain control and still continued to move further and further toward the injured seal. Must. EAT.<i></i> Kasen dove deep down into the water, stealthing herself in the darkness below. As she found herself right below the seal, she swam very quickly towards it, her jaws opening wide, grabbing onto it and sinking her teeth into it. She breached the water, hands clasping tightly to the seals body. She had forced herself out of the ocean that when she landed she was on the edge of where the waters met the shoreline. The seal gave a final shriek before dying, it's body now dangling limp from Kasen's jaws as blood started to drip down from the corners of her mouth, down her clothing. The shark woman bit into seal, tearing flesh from its body and scarfing down the heavenly meal. Internally, once again Kasen felt sick and guilt hit her immediately but the Hunger<i></i> She knew this was satisfying. She needed this. Same needed this. She took a seat down on the beach, continuing to eat as the waters lapped around her. She would be stronger, she would rebuild her kingdom, and this was only the beginning. Suddenly a noise caught her attention, the shark like human looked up, making a small snarling noise, blood dripping off her teeth as they became exposed. Her senses tried to pick up on the cause of the noise. Someone was here.

[continuation topic from the hospital]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
[OOC - This is a continuation of "This" thread, feel free to read that before this, assuming you're interesting]

Play

Me

"Wait, hold up a minute Ruin!" Teke, aka Body Bag, or Bee for short as Kaen so often likes say, called out to Kaen just as he landed on an adjacent building top. Kaen turned back to see what exactly prompted Teke stop so suddenly when time was off the essence. "What is it, Bee?" He asked with an inquisitive tone. Teke knelt down and picked up something most peculiar. Holding it up to the light, the petite girl shrouded in her Anbu attire cocked her head to the side. "I think it's a... Tooth?" It's really too bad technology hadnt advanced to a point where they made real time, interactive masks, ones that replicated the facial changes one might have in these situations. Kaen raised a single eyebrow in interest, but sadly his mask made it seem like he was simply staring, awkwardly. "Well?!" She cried out in confusion, for real, they need to get with the program with these masks.

Realizing the issue with the masks, he decided to use his words, kinda what they are for anyways, right? "Ha ha ha, sorry about that. Let me see it, but quickly, Kasen can be anywhere." While it may have seemed like a waste of time, this tooth would prove most useful. Kaen lept back into the hole in the side of the hospital and took the tooth from Teke's hands. Upon closer inspection he realized exactly where it came from and just what it meant on a larger scale. "Shit... This isn't good." He started. Teke looking up at him clearly wanting in on the realization. "I... I think this is Kasen's tooth." Teke scratched the back of her head in confusion. "What does that mean, how can that be her tooth?!" While it was true that both Kaen and Kasen's teeth were filed down to a unique looking sharpness that resembled shark teeth, Kaen never imagined Kasen and Same would have a symbiotic relationship on this level. Kaen pocketed the rather large and sharp tooth, keeping it safe for now. "Something must have changed within her when I released that thing inside of her, we have to hurry before anyone gets hurt!" And so Kaen burst back out the hole, leaving Teke dazed and confused once more. "What thing?! What the hell are you going on about?!" Teke yelled after Kaen, then following his lead and jumping out the window in pursuit.

Initially Kaen had attempted to use his tracking skills he acquired from the Anbu Corp. but alas she was nowhere to be seen. Normally one would require something of the person they were tracking, an article of clothing perhaps. The more important the article, the stronger the sense. But seeing as how Kaen had spent literally his entire life living around his sister, one would assume he could easily pick up her trail. But this transformation changed her completely. Traces of Kasen lingered in the air, enough to take him outside the village gates. But here in the open world, no walls or buildings to help contain and concentrate the signature, his fond memories were just not enough. "Mother Suna help me, we're never going to find her, fuck!" It felt like he had failed, failed his training and failed his sister. What the hell was the point of all this power if he can't even find her?! There is a saying though, that goes something like this; two eyes are better than one. Was that how it went? Either way, it boils down to his apprentice, Teke. A sprightly young thing with a tenacity and strength to rival his own. Thankfully he did have just that, two sets of eyes, or minds rather. She approached him slowly from the side, smacked him upside the head and gave it to him straight. "Why don't you just use the tooth I found, I would have lead with that. I swear I wonder exactly who is training who here." Teke chuckled a bit as she poked fun at her mentor, clearly showing her wits and progression.

Kaen placed a hand on Teke's shoulder. "You're absolutely right, I was beginning to forget why I kept you around..." Kaen chuckled a bit as he pulled out the tooth from within his pocket. Instantly he picked up the trail, what would he ever do without Teke? With the signature locked in and set to home in, he turned to his apprentice once more. "I can feel her, it seems like she went towards Soon's Haven. We should hurry before the public sees her." Teke cocked her head to the side before responding. "Obvoiusly we need to hurry, this is a fucking chase scene. I already know, now stop wasting this precious time you keep going on about and let's go!" Both Kaen and Teke took off dashing across the sand, little wisps of sand dust were being sent into the sky in reaction to their increased effort and speed. Hopefully they weren't too late.

Finally they found themselves upon the ivory walls of Soon's haven, Kaen paused a moment as he gazed up at the walls. He clutched the strange and worrisome tooth that Teke had found, he could feel her, it, them. They were so close to finding Kasen, they couldn't afford to play by the rules. "There's no time to go through customs, we're going up and over. I don't even know how she managed to sneak by unnoticed, this is just our lucky day it seems." Teke gave a responsive nod and followed Kaen up the great ivory walls of Soon's Haven.

Halfway up the wall, however, Kaen paused a moment. "What is it, Ruin?" Kaen reached out with his right hand and touched a small indentation in the wall. You couldn't see it, seeing as he was still wearing his mask, but Kaen's eyes suddenly grew wide as he realized how she made it through here, or around rather as he just found out, unnoticed. "She never went through... She went right around. These ivory walls were used to keep the city safe from the diamond maelstrom, it surrounds the entirety of the city. These are claw marks, she used her chakra and claws to run along the side of this wall. Clever girl..." Kaen whispered the last part under his breath. It was astounding that she was able to keep her wits and intellect in this bestial form. Kaen pushed off the wall as he catapulted himself up the rest of the way. "H-hey, wait up!" Teke followed the impatient Kaen up the wall before following him as he ran along the top portion of the wall.

And there it was in all it's glory. Waves of deep royal blue crept towards the shoreline of Soon's Haven. There was something surreal about the ocean, a deep unexplainable longing to be near it. In some ways he almost envied the beauty that was before him. Every single drop is meaningless, at least alone. Each drop pales in comparison to grandness of the ocean. But each one, willed by the gods themselves, all move together, as one body therein lies the power. At first glance you may think it safe, the surface might remain tranquil and calm for many days, months even, but it's strength is not gone, simply dormant. Below the mysterious surface, no matter how still, lived unstoppable currents, moving unimaginable volumes of briny salty water throughout the world. Such power, such beauty, it was truly a thing to aspire towards. All this of course was a fleeting thought as Kaen raced towards the beaches in which this tooth was leading him towards. It didn't take them much time at all now that they knew they were so close, so close he could almost picture her face, he calming and kind voice. Little did he know the danger he was drawing ever closer to.
Play

Me

Being among the elite of Sunagakure taught him a few things, that and his particular upbringing gave him a slight advantage at distinguishing this unique smell. It's not a well sought out trait among the common rabble of today's society as the implications of having such a skill is... disturbing to some. To others, such as people like himself or Teke here, it's an invaluable perk that would come in handy for many years. To pick up the scent of blood. Metal is usually the first thing to come to mind, but after bigger quantities and prolonged and repeated exposure it tends to take on unique characteristics. Some say it smells like death, perhaps vile and putrid. While others say it almost smells sweet and savory, like fresh meat ready to be devoured. Whatever it might be for you, it was ever present as Kaen and Teke jetted across the damp sand towards their destination.

A screech resounded and reverberated across the ocean's surface. A shivver ran down Kaen's spine as he could only surmise that Kasen had attacked someone. Putting it into overdrive, Kaen thrust himself forward, using his inner flames to catapult himself forward and further with each bound. Teke managed to keep up somehow... And there she was... Kaen spotted her just over two hundred yards further down the beach. Kaen stopped and raised his hand to signal Teke to stop as well. "Ya see, I told you she was some crazy shark person..." Teke whispered as she approached Kaen's side. It was concerning, disturbing almost, to see his sister like this. Or at least he was pretty sure it was her, the tooth resonated with the creature's chakra signature, so it had to be her. Seeing her like this, in this overwhelming state, Kaen began to have second thoughts about bringing Teke into this. Kaen knew what he was capable of, his urges were nearly beyond his control. There was no telling what Kasen was going through, perhaps she shared an affinity that Kaen also possessed, something of Ancient lineage that caused this transformation. Whatever the case it felt as if she was feral, or at least it sure as hell looked that way. Was that a baby seal she was chewing on?!

Kaen turned to Teke, fully knowing she was not going to like this decision. "Teke..." He started, using her real name in an attempt to convey just how serious he was. There wasn't anyone around as far as he could tell, so it was probably safe. "I need you to secure a perimeter. I know you might not like it, but I have no idea what she is capable of doing, or if she is even still in that body. I'm strong, but my little sister is surprisingly strong herself. And with this new transformation, who knows how strong she is without her normal human restraints holding her back. I won't risk losing you too..." It was almost shameful to think, but Kaen half expected her to throw her mask down or threaten him or something, but she surprised him this day. "I understand, I can tell this is important to you. I'll have my radio on in case you need me. Good luck, Kaen..." And with that Teke bounded over the hill and disappeared from sight as she went to secure a safe perimeter so that Kaen could handle this situation.

Unsure if Kasen was still alive or conscious in there or not, Kaen removed his Anbu attired and tucked it safely away. For all he knew he could have actually failed while he was within her dreamscape and this is that thing taking over her body. Whatever the case he needed to make sure he didn't end up losing his own life by playing it safe. He knew his sister and she was one tough cookie, probably tougher than even he was. As he made his approach he checked in with Teke one last time. "Ruin, checking in. Status update." Teke quickly replied, however unfortunate it was. His radio had been turned up too loud by mistake and instead of a soft, quiet reply, her voice squelched loudly over his radio. "Perimeter secured, you're good to go, Ruin." Kaen quickly clamped his hand over the headset in an attempt to silence it, but it was too late. The creature looked up, a worrisome snarl escaped it's lips. "Do you copy? Perimeter secured!" Kaen fumbled at the knobs as he tried to turn it down before responding quickly. "I copy, thank you..." Well there's no turning back now, it already knows he's here. "Hey there little girl,the sun's getting real low, How about I take you home now... Kasen?" There's no terror in the bang, only in the anticipation of it. (Alfred Hitchcock)

[OOC Topic entered, MFT]

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Kasen's gaze met his own, time stood still for the briefest of moments before whatever animalistic instincts took over and she turned and fled into the ocean waters. Starting at the surface, jets of water propelled away from her as her strides grew and grew until finally she dived, fully submerging herself. He could still feel her presence, at first. But as the seconds ticked by, so to did her chakra fade from feeling. Kaen stood there with defeat in his eyes, sorrow filling his face. Kasen was gone. Just as soon as he saved her, he lost her once more. Hopefully Same would protect her while he cannot, the search for his sister had started over. "I will never give up on you, I will find you and save you again, Kasen..." And with that Kaen dashed across the ocean waters in pursuit. Though he would find no traces of his sister, she had truly vanished this time...

[OOC topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back