Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Shunbun no Hi [Open]

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
While there were many things cascading around in the young puppeteers mind. Megumi knew that she still had to make time for herself to relax and enjoy life, and what a better day to choose than Shunbun no Hi for her to welcome spring and visit her ancestors that have protected the leaf before her time.

Donning an intricately detailed red kimono with brown and gold flower designs and tying her hair back with a gold with ruby molded Kanzashi. Looking at herself in a mirror, she could not remember the last time she wore something this refined. Even if she did not want to admit it, dressing up from time to time was nice, the puppeteer would do it more often, but these kinds of outfits can’t hold nearly as much and is not well suited for combat or missions.

With her preparation finished, she grabbed the flowers and offerings in the form of her family’s favorite dishes and left the manor to pay her respects to her ancestors, before she left to see the flowers bloom.

Scouring around her compound, she would track down, the guardians and give them their offerings, as well as speak with her ancestors avatars. Megumi wondered if her gifts and words would reach her family, she wondered if they were proud of her. While a physical representation of those past served as a reminder of her late family. They were just puppets, the did not feel or think, they are built and programed to act and could never fully fill the loss of her family. With or without her ancestors blessing she left of the White Oak Street, to view the flowers and welcome the coming of spring.

As se made her way to the viewing, she was curious on how crowded the viewing area would be. While it was a fairly well know holiday, not many of those around her age cared about tradition or watching the flowers bloom. Most would see it as a waste of time or boring, but Megumi loved her country's history and traditions. Simply casting them aside and leaving them to rot, would feel as a betrayal to the founders of her country and a crime to let culture stagnate.

As she arrived she saw a few food and drink stands. The more interesting of the bunch were the sake stands advertising their yearly produce, as if would be around the time that the aging process would give way to the popular alcoholic beverage. She was still to young to legally drink, but she has had some before at a few banquet. To the puppeteer the taste would leave much to be desired.

Settling for a few sweets and tea to accompany her in the viewing. Megumi would sit on a nearby bench and watch the petals dance around the quaint but comforting scene. Looking around, the majority of the others at the viewing were couples or the elderly. Feeling a bit embarrassed at being a solo viewer. She had no choice, as she did not really have anyone that would be to interested in upholding tradition with her. Perhaps Yama, but he would be more interested in the cloud and inviting him to accompany her to an event like this might cause a misunderstanding.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
One thing Jomei came to enjoy from the Land of Fire was the sense of tradition. To the young shinobi, it was just another day and a splendid one at that. Out and about, he was using the occasion to explore more of the village and learn more about his new home. Armed with no weapons to be seen, or even the uniform he used to sneak into the leaf, Jomei wandered amongst a crowd of no-name villagers, celebrating the start of spring with their modest attempt at a festival.

Jomei blended in well among the many patrons, with the exception of the reactions he caused when snagging candid photos with his camera, which was a precious item he was given in the days of his youth. Wherever the young shinobi went he managed to create a reaction, whether it was joy from a group of friends or the aggravation of embarrassed couples who didn’t respond well to the shutter fly buzzing around them.

And of all the portraits and candids he could snap with his old Pentax camera, Jomei was often drawn to the rarest subjects who, without words, had the loudest, most fascinating stories to tell. From afar he spied a lone young lady, who wore an elegant kimono more vibrant and eye-catching than anyone he’d seen that day. Attempting to read his chosen subject the best he could, he did not want to disturb her at first and switched the lens on his camera to one meant to see her closely from afar. Pretending to focus on some random tree, Jomei played innocent before shifting the aim of his lens to the girl. Snap went the shutter, once and then twice after Jomei adjusted his aperture and focus again. He knew his last photo would turn out to be “breathtaking.”

- Jomei has entered the thread.
<i></i>

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Megumi understood that in her field and in her home, peace and quiet was hard to come by. However the disturbance this time, took the form of a photographer. The flowers and scenery not doubt offered many photo opportunities, but the man was taking unauthorized and unwanted pictures of her fellow flower enthusiasts.

The Photographer journey for his art, might be a dangerous one. The couples that he disturbed did not seem to appreciate the extra attention, more so the men as they looked ready to smash the man and his camera.

Ignoring the man, she would go back to her thoughts and enjoying the view as best she could. She wanted to go out to take a break from the world, with everything that had happened, but her mind drifted back towards what wa currently troubling her.

With the attack on her friend and such an active and well grounded group operating in the village. The puppeteer pondered about what to do about boost the villages defenses. More patrols, checkpoint, ground all villagers that are not part of the police force? She threw around ideas in her head, and tied to find a balance between freedom and order.

Suddenly her thoughts were interrupted be a chilling sense of being watched. Keeping her cool she would look in front of her and send out a small chakra plus to get a sense of those around her. From her memory, most of the people that were partaken in the festival seemed to still be roughly where they originally were. Everyone but the photographer. Looking in the direction of the object that was out of place with the corner of her eye. The young girl was graced with the very same photo jockey, capturing her image without her consent.

Irritated that she was disturbed and slightly fooled into to believing that she might be under the eye of an enemy. Megumi sent out a few chakra strings to teach the man a lesson in respect. The stings would slink across the ground and shoot up directly at the man’s camera. She did not want to destroy the object merely, temporarily disable it until the man learned his lesson. Cutting the connection and stopping the camera from registering commands, this would at least stop the invasion of her privacy and image but the more important issues were still left.

Giving the man her full attention, now as he would no doubt be curious as to why his camera no longer responds. “ I have already had my time in the spotlight, i am quite finished with be under the camera's ever watchful eye”. If the man promised to leave her out of his picture taking she would reconnect the device and send him on his way. If not he might have to find a repair shop to continue his career in photography.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
After that second shot, Jomei would have normally been satisfied with his photos of the girl in red. Taking advantage of the moment of opportunity was a big part of the fun of candid photography. The change of her expression: from tranquil to anxiousness only made his camera hungrier to snap photos of the lonely girl in red. To the reflection on his lens, she resembled a doe grazing in wintry woods whose ears perked when she sensed a wolf lurking in the underbrush. Jomei knew to leave this one be; he had never seen a doe attempt to look so dangerous. Jomei could not deny his curiosity.

By the time Megumi attempted her chakra string subterfuge, Jomei was lining up a third shot. He paused long enough for his subject to engage his small picture box with her strings, somehow worming their way into it. As his finger pressed to shutter’s lever, he discovered a jam, however, he’d also become aware of the foreign chakra looming so close, between his hands.

Jomei’s innate ocular abilities caused his pupils to faintly glow their natural orange hue as his body reacted. It was a natural reaction when he absorbed the chakra embedded in his machine, and he found himself more intrigued. His intentions changed, and he left the camera hanging around his neck from its strap, deciding to approach the girl directly.

She was forthright as he expected and immediately shared her disinterest in being his subject. With a nod, Jomei accepted her denial and began putting his camera away in his bag to imply that he was done being a shutter fly or the time being. “That is just a shame, I’m at a loss,” Jomei began, now observing her in person, with a friendly smile. “You really have your pouting nailed down... you’re a natural in front of the camera if there ever was one.” He talked like a seasoned photographer but in truth, was just another shinobi who was merely a few years senior to his subject. He then made a slight bow, partly as an apologetic gesture, and also a greeting. “Please, pardon my transgression. See, I believe that a subject displays their truest self when they are in their natural element.” Jomei finished zipping his pack shut, and looked back to the mysterious girl in red with his vermillion orbs. “My name is Koyanagi Jomei; it is a pleasure to have your acquaintance.”
<i></i>

Megumi Tanigawa

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hoping her display and actions would put an end to her unrequested photo opt. However something unexpected came from the photographer. Instead of being concerned about his camera, the man absorbed her chakra strings.

Not showing her surprise or concern about this unknown man that could no doubt see and use chakra. As he approached her and shared his disappointment as the both of them observed their new acquaintance. Megumi was unsure about if his comment about her “pouting”, was a compliment or not, but his introduction made the puppeteer disinterested in his prior activities.

“ I bet you don’t get this that often, but are you by chance the Koyanagi Jomei that has been looking into the qualities of Arcadianite”? Megumi expression lit up slightly at the possibility of meeting fairly well known geologist and archaeologist, but made sure not to get her hopes to high as they could just share a name. However she could not help, but feel excited about asking him about his work and findings.

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The girl in red’s assertion about his work was certainly unexpected to Jomei. Not even the thousands of words described by his picture could have warned Jomei of the dangers that came with gaining the intrigue of this snoopy kunoichi. However, Jomei saw this as an opportunity first; it was rare for others to take interest in his research, and the people did often were nerve-wracked nerds in lab coats. “I would be concerned if there were any other Koyanagi Jomei running about,” he answered smoothly. “Yes, I am he. But what do you know about Arcadianite?” Turning the conversation around with his own intrigue, Jomei would curve the course of their discussion. “You certainly are more than just a ball of cute, aren’t you?”

He dared. Of course, Jomei recognized the intellect of the girl from the moment she tampered with his camera and knew that she knew that he knew. Idling confidently, the hand stroking his chin moved down to his collar where a green gem embedded in a brooch was pinned to his chest. The gem was of rare quality and speckled under the sunlight which was igniting the beauty of spring. It was unlike anything she’d ever seen before, no doubt. It was arcadianite. “So…” he was curious to know, “Do you have a name, or shall I classify you like one of my core samples?”
<i></i>

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back