Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Spy on the Defectors! [PotK]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Approach to the Nagamasa Grange
Central Takadama Province, Kaminari no Kuni
...1300 hours

The train ride from Kumogakure had taken them several hours, and deposited them in the southern end of the peninsula, east of Kelmura and west of Tenouza, where the terrain flowed in rolling, gentle hills that were perfect for pasturing and raising livestock. The land was generously striped with rivers, making irrigation an easy task, and therefore the province was a prosperous one, benefitting from the selling of meat and grain to the nearby Holy See. Its central market city, Ogawa, grew with each passing year and was known as a center for the breeding of fine horses for farming, showing, and war. Hence it was easy to see why the Serene Kingdom might want to set its sights on such a territory in its quest to make inroads into a weakened Lightning Country.

From their stop at a lonely waystation, the three shinobi of Cloud had been instructed to make their way into the countryside, to the remote but well-guarded ranch operation maintained by the province's lord and master, the Count Nagamasa. Trekking through the countryside was mostly uneventful save for the occasional curious alpaca, but as they crested a hill overlooking the ranch, they would have to plan their approach carefully.

For now, they were concealed - the hilltop was about a hundred meters from the range's perimeter fence, which was more to keep animals in than people out, but already they could spy the forms of patrolling groups of mercenary guards in the distance, no doubt hired by the Count to keep any potential troublemakers out. The actual range itself covered several square kilometers, sustaining a herd of several hundred head of prime cattle. In the center, a small group of buildings along with a well, a windmill, and a very large barn marked the main evidence of human habitation. A well-fortified mansion in the center was probably where the count slept when visiting the place. So far, there was no sign of the man, at least not according to the naked eye.

"Shinobi, can you hear me? This is Tokugawa. Don't worry, this is a secure channel. Have you gotten within range of the ranch yet? If so, you'll need to slip past his patrols. The proof you seek will likely be in the central mansion," sounded a voice on their headsets.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
This had been the first time Kyoko had left the village in over five years. Not much outside the walls of kumo had changed during this time, but it didn’t matter much. He mission was rather simple and really the only issue was her teammates. She’d have to take care of them the entire time as the Medical Shinobi of the group, and yet for some reason she felt like she might be the one calling the shots today. Oh well, all’s well that ends well. The train ride was rather soothing and much more efficient for traveling than simply walking. She was sitting alone, away from the team, trying to take the time to think to herself. “Well, this is boring.” She thought. Kyoko was almost always bored, or so that’s what she said. Really, sometimes she’d just have nothing to say, or not know how to start a conversation, and the first words out of her mouth would be “I’m bored” just for starters. However, right now was the true thing; Kyoko was bored.

Hours later, the train stopped and the group once again stood on solid, motionless, footing. The first plan of actions was to make their way up the countryside, and Kyoko of course was in a hurry to do so. Rather or not the other two could keep up, she went scurrying off as fast as she could. Ignoring the animals and the terrain, she eventually found herself on the side of a hill, overlooking what appeared to be the ranch they needed to be at. Glancing down, she noticed a barn, mansion, and several guards scattered all over the place. “Pretty obvious this is the place…” She thought, rolling her eyes and glancing back before a voice could be heard through her headset. Placing two fingers up to her ear, she listened in. Within a moment’s time, their objective was clear; make it into the mansion. “Wonder if transforming into a cow would work?” She asked herself, before waiting to see what was next. "Any ideas as to how we're gonna get in there? I'd rather not transform into a cow and go all mad cow crazy.." She told them. It was obvious she was trying to be funny.

[Wc: 375]

Umeki Rai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The train ride had been rather uneventful. The three ninja relaxed at first, focused on the mission ahead and thinking of ways to succeed. After awhile though, they got bored and individually drifted off into their own worlds. You couldn't really call it the calm before the storm, for if they were successful, there would be no storm at all. At the end of the train ride, the three shinobi exited and found themselves a little ways away from where they needed to be. In what Rai interpreted as some sort of excitement, the girl of the group rushed off ahead. He tried to follow, but soon found that it wasn't worth it and slowed his pace. I guess we aren't going to use teamwork for this one?

Eventually, Rai made it to the ranch that they were instructed to infiltrate. He had heard the instructions given by their contractor on the way, and had an idea of what he wanted to do. Gazing over at the mansion, he realized that it would probably be best to climb up and sneak in through a window or an entrance on the roof. He couldn't guarantee that the roof would have an entrance, or that the windows wouldn't be barred, but it wouldn't hurt to try before knocking on the front door. He also realized that something was missing. That girl. He did take notice of a cow being directed to a barn, but thought nothing of it because assuming that the cow was actually a person would be ludicrous for a trained shinobi to do. No, it was more likely that she was hiding somewhere around the edge of the grounds plotting. Rai brought his hand up to his ear, switching his headset to the talk function.

"Reporting in. Currently looking over the target from the closest hilltop. I think we should infiltrate from the roof, but we should start working together. Where did you guys go?"

[WC: 326
Sorry for being a little slow]

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
”I’m here, sorry about that. I had to get another look from a different angle.” She said, appearing before Rai. ”It seems the other guy left us; I couldn't find him anywhere after the train. Looks like you’re in charge.” She told him. Kyoko wasn’t a leader and she wasn't going to start taking up the reigns and acting like it. She didn't have the confidence, or the finesse to do so. The roof sounded like a good idea, but how where they gonna get close enough? ”But if we’re gonna invade from the roof, we need to get down there and get past the fields, let alone the guards.” Thinking, she began to try and figure out the best way across the field without being seen. Weather of not the other guy was gonna interject and come up with a brilliant scheme, she was already running scenarios through her head. ”We could wait until nightfall, rely on the shadows, and travel out of site through the ground through the use of a basic earth elemental ninjutsu.” She mentioned, hinting towards inner earth reflection lure. Not only that but doing this at night would provide at least a moderate cover for them.

She had said her piece, and suggested a course of actions, yet it was up to this guy to act. She would follow him throughout this mission from this moment on. However, if something was to happen, already had a body switch target prepared, and her reflexes ready. She wasn't going to take this situation lightly. That was it. She knew what she was going to do. Since her friend didn’t seem to be acting, she was going to see what she could do now. Performing hand seals, she summoned a single clone in her place, and then began to sink into the ground. This clone was basically going to watch the movements of the guards and make sure she didn't make any wrong moves from somewhat of a bird’s eye view. Right now, Kyoko was making her way toward the house with or without the man’s help. She was going to wait till night fall to come out, and she'd use the clone to let her know exactly when.

[Wc: 250+] [marked]
[Summary - Made a Clone to keep somewhat of a birds eye view on the field, Used inner earth reflection lure to sink into the ground, and making my way toward the house under ground. She wont pop out until night fall.]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Slowly but surely as the daily rotation of the Earth, the sun moved along its ancient, unchanging arc through the sky and finally dipped below the eastern horizon, letting darkness enshroud the Nagamasa Grange once again as it had always done. Kyoko had moved through the earth as planned, and rested next to the house for many hours. The ground was starting to cool now, which was another indication that night had likely fallen.

The Manor itself was three floors high and built in the omnipresent neoclassical style that nearly all Lightning Country nobility favored, which meant sweeping columns and white stone edifices adorned with pretty scrollwork and prominently buttressed windows. A balcony extended from the front second floor, allowing the owner to survey the front yard or smoke in the morning without befouling the interior of the house. Its perimeter was patrolled by a few guards, who had not suspected any infiltration attempts and were merely walking around out of habit. The front doors were guarded inside, but otherwise, besides the house maids and butlers, no one else but the Count would normally be inside.

Tonight, however, was an exception.

“Ah, Count Nagamasa, I am honored to be meeting with you again. You truly have a beautiful ranch and your lands are fertile as always,” said a ruddy-faced man sitting across from the Count, and clad in a silk robe lined with the fur of a black bear. A table between the two men was bare save for a bottle of wine and some glasses.

“Indeed – I do my best, even if my efforts are completely unappreciated by that boy of a Shogun and bitch of a Chancellor,” replied the Count.

“Have you considered more closely our offer?” asked the ruddy-faced man.

“I’ve been weighing it, Mr. Park,” said the count, tipping back a glass of wine. “The money is nice, but what I really want is the title. 'Earl of the Serene Kingdom.' It has a nice ring to it, don’t you think?”

“It fits you, sir. And maybe I will be calling you my lord Earl soon enough.”

“The only thing I’m still worried about is if the Imperial Army decides to send troops once they hear of this sedition.”

“That you won’t have to worry about,” said the ruddy-faced man, Park. “The civil war your country had with its own Daimyo Amakusa has cost the Army dearly. They simply cannot muster the funds to spend more than a day on the offensive. And the army of the Serene Kingdom is at full strength. We always have to be, since we share the border with the PRMC. That alone will act as sufficient deterrent. King Haninozuka protects his own.”

“Then, we really have little worry about…” said the Count, smirking.

“If you wish, you may sign the oath of allegiance here,” said Park, sliding over a heavily-adorned parchment and a pen…

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Thing had gone according to her plan, yet once again the other man had escaped her presence. Maybe he didn't have the proper set of skills for this line of work? Who knew, but one thing was apparent. He was slow and unmotivated. Oh well. After spending hours traveling through the ground, and waiting for the sun to set, she could feel it within the soil. Suddenly the sun set and the clone proofed, proving to her that the close was clear and she had room to safety come out from underground and go about her business. Slowly, she emerged from the ground, only to hear the faint sound of two men speaking.
To her it sounded like whispers because of the difference, but she managed to make most of it out. Glancing around, she began to scale the side of the house using her chakra. Using the very skills that the academy taught her, she tried to be as stealthy as possible while doing so. Stopping right by a balcony, where the voices came from, she quickly peeped over the side to get a better view of the area.

If she could afford to, she would hop onto it and had in the corner, out of eyes sight, but if not, she would begin to form hand seals and used “Advanced Combination Transformation (M)” with the side of the railing and the balcony. Luckily for here, there was no poof or sign that this would have happened; using stealth as an advantage had its benefits. Essentially, she was temporary fusing with the balcony, taking on its appearance and form so that she may be able to hear more in depth details about their plan. Right now she was within perfect hearing distance. There would be no second guessing whatever was to come next.

“This is ridiculous, what’s next?” She thought to herself.

If she was lucky enough to hear what she needed to hear, then she would swiftly make her way away from the balcony, down to the ground and to the closest guard. Here intentions there would be simple; if possible, she would perform another advanced combination transformation technique with the guard in order to blend in and help her gain access to the house.

[Wc: 377] [Marked]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Has the King confirmed my payment yet?" asked Count Nagamasa as he grasped the quill and held it over the signature line that would seal his perpetual loyalty and allegiance to King Haninozuka Nikolai IV of the Serene Kingdom of Bear in exchange for an Earldom and a hundred and ten million yen in koban, to be paid in installments of ten million per year over the next eleven years. In response, the Bear representative, Park Gu-Song as was his name in the native tongue, smiled broadly.

"This is the first installment," he said, bringing out a large suitcase that lay at his feet and placing it on the table. As he opened it, the shimmering of gold reflecting candlelight was dazzling to behold. Nagamasa's eyes glinted with greed and triumph.

"Then, you'd better start addressing me as 'My Lord Earl,' Mr. Park," said the Count, as he signed his name on the parchment in deep, long strokes and finally placed his wax seal below his name.

"My Lord Earl, it is a pleasure!" said Park, bowing. "Ah, if you would sign one more so my king may have a duplicate copy," he said, producing another parchment.

"Of course," said the Count, now apparently an Earl of the KBC, signing and sealing the second document.

"Shinobi Sude, this is Tokugawa. Please confirm your status. I haven't heard anything from your teammates - have they been compromised? Have you confirmed any treachery from the Count?" piped the Margrave's voice over Kyoko's headset, just loud enough so she alone could hear but not loud enough to alert anyone nearby. She now managed to catch a guard unaware, leaping into his body with a weird squishing sound. At this point, she would be able to enter the house, but now the issue was that when she eventually needed to be free of this one's body, he would certainly know that something had transpired, and at worst, alert everyone else.

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Before entering combining with the man and entering house, she head the man on the radio speak to her once more. Making sure the coast was clear; she raised her hand up to her ear. ”This is Sude Kyoko. The other two have abandoned their mission. I’m attempting to complete the mission on my own, but I have confirmed the count is up to no good. Documents have been signed, two of them, about the Count pledging his allegiance and loyalty to the Serene Kingdom of bear country in exchange for earldom, and a huge amount of gold to be paid in installments. I'm going to attempt to steal one of the copies as evidence." She whispered over the radio just before catching one of the guards off guard.

After entering into one of the guards bodies, she would casually make her way into the building. The house was new territory to her, but it didn't bother her too much. With her keen navigation skills, she attempted to locate the stairs as quickly as she possible could. The entire time, just for precautions sake, she was ready to go ape shit and fight her way out. If she had to, she’d kill even the count. While it wasn't a part of her mission, if the occasion arose to where she had to do it to survive, she’d do so while attempting to maintain any evidence she may find.

Once on the second floor, she’d slowly make her way to the side of the building where the balcony was facing, in an attempt to locate the very room that the two men we’re speaking in. If one of them were to come out she’d try to blend in with her surroundings, of make up some story as to why she, as a guard, was on the second flood if need.

[Wc: 309][Marked]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“I apologize, but I must not have heard you clearly, Sude-san. Did you say the others…abandoned their mission?” asked the Margrave in disbelief as Kyoko crept through the house, which was strangely silent save for her and the two men upstairs. “Regardless…what you’re telling me about the Count goes along with our suspicions. We never thought he’d actually go and sign allegiance papers, however. Such evidence would be guaranteed to seal his fate in court. Tell me – is a KBC representative there with the Count?

As she made her way up the stairs, she would again hear voices.

“Very good, My Lord Earl. On behalf of King Haninozuka, I welcome you to our family and to our nation. May we shine for a thousand more years,” said Park Gu-Song.

“That we shall, Mr. Park. The King made a wise choice today. Ah, we should drink to this!” said the Count, cheerfully. The tinkling of glasses rang out from the room the two men were in, followed by the sloshing of wine. By the time the shinobi had made it to the second floor, the Count’s voice sounded again.

“Will you be staying the night, Mr. Park?”

“Ah, My Lord Earl, forgive me for my impertinence, but I must be leaving as soon as possible to deliver the wonderful news as well as our copy of your allegiance to our King. I would prefer to leave in the dead of night, anyway, simply because there are many spies out there.”

“Ah well, I’ll have my men take you to the train station, then.”

“That would be appreciated, My Lord Earl.”

“Well then! Until next time we meet, then. I assume that His Majesty King Haninozuka will of course keep news of this to a minimum, just until a detachment of Serene Kingdom troops arrives?”

“Of course, My Lord Earl,” said Park as the two men stood and bowed to each other. With a cheerful wave, the representative turned and left the room, passing by Kyoko, who had found cover behind a curtain in the darkened manor. She noted that he carried the scroll with him…

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
As Kyoko watched the man pass by, while she hid behind a curtain, she thought about what she was about to do now. Waiting for him to get almost out of sight, she reached for her ear once more. ”Yes, my teammates are gone and I have confirmed a KBC representative with one of the documents here. He’s just out of my sight, but I plan to peruse him for his copy is needed.” She whispered, ending the transmission. Still hidden as a guard, she made sure the coast was clear and stepped out of the curtain. Now, unless she was told otherwise, she would begin trailing the KBC representative. She was now taking a more direct and closer stand on things. Once he left the house, she would follow just past the front guards. If the representative noticed her, she’d reply telling him that she was sent to escort him safely off the grounds as a sign of good faith. This would act as a brief cover for her, if needed.

[wc: 172] [OOC: Didn't know what to do ._.]

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“How annoying of them…” grumbled Mizuki softly upon hearing that Kyoko’s two companions had apparently simply bailed due to reasons. It was almost as annoying as the time that a genin had asked the Chancellor: “why are you in the stereotypical life like a struck-up bitch?” “If the KBC representative is leaving with a copy of the allegiance documents, he likely intends to head immediately for the Serene Kingdom to deliver the papers to this King. If the King ratifies that treaty, it means that by prosecuting Count Nagamasa we risk going to war. This cannot happen. Chuunin Sude, you are to terminate the representative using whatever means necessary, and obtain his copy of the document. If you can do it discreetly, all the better. Let me know when you have finished. Tokugawa out.”

Kyoko began to walk behind Park now, as the man happily exited the front doors of the mansion. Before long, he noticed her, still within a transformed guard.

“Are you here to drive me to the harbor? You’re late,” huffed Park to Kyoko. “Make it doubletime so I catch my ship,” he said, walking toward a waiting carriage.

[I'm giving you the freedom to do what you need to do whenever you want to do it, heh heh.]

Akira Kazan

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S Rank
Kyoko know knew what she had to do. Almost instantly, she devised a plan; she was going to escort this man far away from the mansion, kill him, and frame the guard if she had to. Then again, she could just execute them both. Yeah, that was probably what was gonna happen. Nodding at him, she walked over the carriage, helped him into it, and then took the reins. Signaling everyone else away, she made a sound and tugged onto the reins. As the carriage went going, an evil smile crossed her face. Everything was going just about as perfect as perfect could go. Hell, why in the world were three people needed for this mission in the first place? Kyoko could handle it, after all she was the daughter of the former Sennin and so she knew a thing or two. Within a few minutes they were out of sight of the mansion, miles away, and over the hill tops, but this was now the time for her to make her move. Slowing down the horses, she pulled out a short sword and cut the reins. Within moments, the carriage came to a complete halt.

Kyoko then took cover, hid on the back side of the carriage and called out ”Sir, you might want to have a look at this!” There, she waited until the man finally came out to have a look. Taking the short sword, she attacked in a violent fashion; thrusting the sword through the man’s chest, only before following up with an “Un-called for shot” to his groin. She’d then pull the blade back and aim for his chest once again as he fell to the ground. The final time, she would twist the sword and rip outward to cause the man’s wound to expand and get worse. From there, once the man was dead, she would ransack his person and the carriage for the document. Once found, she would walk over to a nearby tree, place it down with a rock over it to hold it in place, and walk back to the carriage. Canceling her combination transformation, she would Quick draw her "Two tone fishing net" and throw it over the man.

Performing hand seals, she would strike the man with the strongest with her strongest fire jutsu while he was wrapped up in her metal netting; “Dragon Flame Bomb (Mastered)”. Combing it, thanks to the elemental affinity system, with the same technique, she would finally kill the guard as well. She would then collect her two tone fishing net, and use an Earth Jutsu called “Inner earth reflection lure” to lower their bodies into the ground for safe keeping. If that wouldn't work, she'd summon freaking zombies and have them dig a hole to drop the corpses in. Once she was done with that, she’d radio in. ”Mission completed, the representative is dead and I have collected the document. I'll be home soon, meet me at the gates!” With that, she would collect the document she placed down behind a tree earlier and leave back home.

[OOC: You gave me freedom! I took it!]
[Wc: 514]
[Marked]

[Topic left]
[Heading to cloud]
[S-rank Run time: 30 minutes till at village gates]

• What I did
  • Drove the carriage a few miles away
  • Stabbed the Representative to death
  • Obtained the document
  • Hide the document momentarily
  • Canceled my Combination transformation
  • Crushed/burned the Guard to death
  • Hid their bodies under ground via earth jutsu
  • Collected the document and left

Takaki Saeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
“Excellent work, Chuunin Sude. A BSA representative will meet you at the gates to take the allegiance document off your hands and deliver it to us. Count Nagamasa will be in the defendant’s cage within a week hearing his own death sentence,” said the Margrave over Kyoko’s headset, a note of relief and satisfaction his voice. “You’ve definitely earned your payment for this one. We’ll be looking to you for more jobs in the future if you’re interested. Tokugawa out.”

[Yep, mission passed. Please request your payment in the appropriate forum with your word count, thanks!]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back