Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[SSM] A loose end

Shirai Sadao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking away from the village once more Yukio was finding the more time he spent outside the safety of the village the more he was enjoying the feeling of fresh air and freedom of travel that came with walking outside. Though his loyalty to the leaf would never be called into question because of this he still had a feeling of wanting to wander, to see the world and the other villages meet unique people and what kind of ninja were out there.
Returning to the place he slew the rogue he activated his eyes, it was becoming habit to do so when he left any area considered safe and in his mind you could never be too cautious with rogues and thieves in these parts anything could happen to the unprepared. Leaning down to look upon the area in more detail he sighed.

“It’s no good too much time has passed, I should have been more cautious with how I handled this. The trail is no longer fresh and the damage to the area combined with the weather has wiped away the original trail. This is going to take longer than I would have hoped.”

Trailing his hand across the ground he looked to the body he left behind, was it wrong that he’d left it there. The answer was obvious picking up the body her took the time to remove the shards of mirror jutsu left behind giving the body a proper burial before turning to face the direction he remembered the man leaving too speaking to the newly made grave.

“We were enemies yes but I do give my apologies for how you died, losing my cool was out of character for me but you taught me a lesson I will not soon forget”

With that he bowed his head leaving the unnamed grave to be in peace as he jumped from tree to tree, he had been prepared for an extended time out in the field bringing with him a few supplies to stay out for a few days if need be which was most likely going to be the case. Letting his eyes wander the landscape it felt like the trees stretched for miles, if not for his eyes tracking and hunting after dark would be a rather dangerous task if he took the wrong step and ended up amongst his foes without realising.

As he moved across the area it was not with the same haste as his previous mission time and care was required in these circumstances to ensure all areas were searched and his eyes given time to complete each sweep, with each area marking the trees with a yes or no marking a sigh escaping his lips.

“Talk about paying for not cleaning up after yourself, I should have dealt with his when I realised what was going in if teach was here I’m pretty sure I’d be getting a glare right about now.”

After a day’s searching he’d covered a large area to say the least, the hunt leaving him tired and weary as he lay in a tree taking a quick break from his search to eat and rest. As he closed his eyes he pondered on the day’s events if he was a smuggler where would he go, an area to hide a great deal of equipment and supplies.

The fact they were associating with rogue shinobi was more than enough of a hint that this was not a small operation or friendship between the two parties something that trusted would work at a much larger scale and would more than likely have a network spanning a wide area. With the coming of a new day his jumped from his perch to land on the soft ground, bringing a hand to his chin to think.

“A large area to hide many things, if I were doing such a thing I would use a cave maybe that’s it, it would make the most sense especially if it was hidden and out of the way of prying eyes. One way in and one way out is easier to protect as well.”

With this new idea in mind he moved towards the more rocky and mountainous areas, Areas where in his mind he would go if he were trying to escape prying eyes and curious passer-by’s. It didn’t take long after that a few small caves and Cliffside ledges later his eyes picked up movement, a cavern hidden amongst the brush and trees as he moved himself within visual range.

What he picked up was more than surprising to him there were multiple individuals busily moving crates and boxes in and out of the area, as suspected this was organised but the big question on the leaf shinobi’s mind was, was this the central hub or just a side area for something larger.

“Best to just stick around for a time, see what comes of this if someone of significance turns that then I will have my answer though I’m going to have to do something about this either way it’s better to see if I can find anything else out in the process.”

Bunkering down in the tree of choice Yukio begin the waiting game the activity in the carven didn’t seem to pick up much over the next few hours, a few unsavoury individuals turning up to grab a bladed weapon or two quickly dispatched when attempting to leave the area as Yukio made a habit of quietly tagging and removing each one.

Though they seemed to be regulars at the cavern most could tell him nothing before their demise, the only information he could pry from them is this establishment had been here for some time and was frequently used by thieves and bandits in the area something Yukio had already twigged on from the visitors who had arrived by this time.

At this point it felt more like clean-up work than information gathering as the young ninja was starting to give up hope about finding anything decisive he suddenly perked his head up, catching something in the distance as he narrowed his eyes for better focus. Two individuals approached the Cavern seeming much more composed and better dressed than previous patrons though hoods covered their faces.

Moving closer he hoped to hear anything they spoke of even the smallest bit of information at this point would be better than nothing, at least something new that wasn’t obvious to someone who could put two and two together. Sliding himself into a bush nearby he tilted his head to aim an ear towards the group now gathering as a man at the front spoke.

“Well it’s certainly a surprise to see you out here normally you stay away from, how do you say, trivial matters such as this so we had an injured member doesn’t mean we will be found out”

The visitor sighed the tired tone of their voice showing an obvious opinion of the group before them raising a hand to silence any chatter that might have been going on before they spoke the voice being muffled below the hood making it difficult to identify the gender.

“Pack you things and move from here, there’s too much valuable merchandise here to have it all removed from our possession because you got too careless. Someone was wounded and one of our valued customers killed this means someone somewhere has caught wind of what’s going on here and as such this operation is at risk.”

The group remained silent they couldn’t argue with the logic behind those words as each one turned round beginning to collect the items within the cavern and began to carry them deeper into the forest and cave systems. Yukio was not content it seemed that his suspicions were correct this was not a completed picture as he slid back out from the bush.

Upon his leaving he heard a snapping sound off to his right blinking and focusing his Byakugan on the noise, he saw nothing a stray? Someone who had noticed him? These were all valid options but he saw nothing around him. Hesitating for a moment he looked back to the group.

At least that’s what he thought but his gaze was met by a pair of eyes staring back at him causing his to freeze in place, he was unaware anyone knew he was here let alone his exact location as he fumbled for words only to be cut off by his new found observer.

“You know you’re lucky it was me that found you and not the others, you see I have some degree of intelligence and if I kill you it’ll just bring more shinobi to us so under these circumstances I’ll let you live but a word of advice for the future. Stay away from our business, it’ll get you killed eventually and I would rather not have to remove more young shinobi from the world.”

There was silence Yukio had no response or argument to counter the words they spoke and the time he was given to think was short. Without another moment passing he felt a swift chop on the back of his neck as his vision blurred Collapsing to the floor in a heap as he blacked out.

Time passed as the Shinobi lay there when he finally came round the area had been cleared of anything deemed important to the group and Yukio wondered how much time had actually passed since he’d been knocked out. For all he had been beaten a strange sense of satisfaction filled him, the mission was still complete and he had discovered there was more to this bunch than met the eye as he moved to return to his home in the village pondering his next steps.

[WC: 1600+]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back