Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

(SSM) Being Bold Sometimes Works

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank
"You know how many Dustboar pelts that would take....", she would groan rather visibly while the middle aged seller seemed to have gotten a ruse from how she acted. The two had been building a rather interesting relationship though it was more at how much she amused him. It wasn't exactly rare for children and young teens to wander around the Bazaar, but those usually belonged to families or financial circumstances that led them to participate in the kinds of activities the place was known for. Chikyu didn't fit that mold, as the man had learned from how open she was with him about herself. He knew she was from the nomadic folks and that the young girl was a first generation shinobi after all she even proudly wore her headband. You can say that's why the man trusted to haggle with her as no one understanding of the Bazaar would openly let it known they were shinobi here, let alone if they were up to something. Besides, this girl knew a few things or two about the desert expanse that had proved somewhat valuable to him these past few weeks.

She exhaled finally, after all if there was one thing she did learn about this place was that although it sold some questionable things, those who were the merchants held the advantage. It was hard to imagine though the kinds of things the Bazaar was known for, especially since she didn't really see it. Besides the usual weapon sellers and hard to find eccentrics, nothing popped off to her as anything that would be over the top. Then again she guessed this is why these stalls and peddlers were the ones who were openly selling, which worked great in the grand scheme. Being that her family were nomads, their knowledge of certain things like herbs and fauna parts. The problem she was having was that although the man was cool, he was without a doubt taking advantage of her with his trade. Still, she hadn't enough experience to counter the offer and gave in without much more questions. "Alright alright...three pelts for it then..sheeesh.."

The man would let out a choked up laugh at Chikyu's expense as the culmination of the transaction was exactly how he'd known it would be. What kind of peddler would he be if he let a good deal just walk away from the table just because it was a naive young girl. He was the type that would take a diamond in exchange for copper if the person wasn't aware of the value of what they had. Business was just business which was something that drew his curious nature more with the young shinobi. Rubbing his chin slightly, the man would take the bundle of pelts Chikyu handed over before placing a single lump of ragged cloth. The cloth had been ripped into ribbons and wrapped around a hexagonal shaped object but it was hard to tell it's exact shape. He'd finally get the charge to question the girl about exactly what it was that her clan was using the items for so much that she had become a regular to him.

"Hmm...well I guess I can tell you...", she said without knowing the man had performed a sly grin and rubbed his hands with impatient want. Her attention was to busy with ensuring the item was within her belt pouch before turning to him right as he quickly straightened his face. "We use it to as a source for our secret jutsu...it's quite an important weapon for us." This explanation did cause the man to have an -OoOoo and Uh huh Uh Huh- type of moment as she spoke but something didn't quite add up to him. It was strange that they were using such a rare material in jutsu, either the jutsu was rarely used or they were very good at energy consumption. So deciding to press his luck with her openness the man would ask a quick follow into the natural of the jutsu she was referring to. "Oh...well, it's a skill that we used to make animated golems to help and aide us while we were nomads...I guess it's become a jutsu now since we're a shinobi clan, even though only the few of kids who graduated the academy claim it." She had rambled off course though the peddler didn't mind, it did begin to make sense but still..

"Now that i'm a shinobi, we've decided to use the skill that has always been known to us as our hidden techniques. But in order to create those golems we have to use carmot and since we don't live in the expanse anymore it's very hard to come by. My grandfather says we used to be able to feel it through our feet in the sands, where the deposits are but meh...stories are stories. Though...there was a mention of our clan having knowledge about what they call a kinjutsu?" The peddler was all in with his attention to the girl's story as pieces to his puzzle was making sense though his mind was already calculating the profit margins he could make. With an up and coming shinobi clan needing such services for their jutsu, a jutsu which they were very well known for....he could be sitting on a lucrative investment. After all the girl was such an easy-going child there was no reason to suspect anything other than good business. It took families generations after all to develop the type of reputation that would either make them seedy or to mighty to be caught in such a place of business. This was a golden opportunity for him though the mention of a Kinjutsu raised his eyebrow. Those things were dangerous and the mention of them were quite scarce even throughout this black market but still, he had heard of them.

They were dangerous skills of the shinobi, with some being so macrabe that they saw use in the underbelly of the society as well. He would without question press this intrigue to the girl whom would respond in kind with a retort that left him with an proposal in mind. "Well though our skill is passed down, the story in our clan goes that passed down from our ancestors was a specific seal. That after ingesting an amount of carmot, using the seal would turn the member's body into the very earth giving them untold control of the element. But the sealing formula and how to use it was written in a scroll that was lost when we first arrived within the walls, before I was born actually. I'm sure my clan would give anything to find that treasure...it's worth a lot to us", the last part being what sealed the decision to give the girl the proposal.

"You know, you've been a valuable customer and you're good for business so how about a deal? I'll tell you someone who may be able to help you find your clan's treasure but in return I want you to strike a deal with me, and only me when it comes to your clan buying Carmot. I mean you are one of your clan's first shinobi, right? That kind of decision is yours and I am sure since they send you here to buy it anyways there would be no issues. I will even write up a formal agreement to bring over for your elder to look over if that's fine...", all the while speaking the peddler's hands rubbed themselves over. This was the nature of the Bazaar when you observed it stay true to nature. Information and Profit was king and both were useful in the right hands, in this case he had weighed information to the girl in exchanged for definite profit. This was because although the information he had was good and true, that didn't mean the person would ever respond to her in any way.

She mulled over what he said for only a minute or so before staring at him for an equal number of minutes beyond that. She was trying to gauge if he was pulling her chain but it was hard to tell. It wasn't like she knew him for years but in the weeks that she'd been coming here more and more, there was some cues that she naturally picked up on. He was up to something that much she knew but how he spoke was filled with truth. Even she knew that when he lied his hand were still, but when his hands were moving his lips told nothing but the truth. Exhaling finally she spoke, "Fine fine, besides if we can get one step closer to that treasure even the elder wouldn't pass this up...So who might know a clue to finding my families treasure?"

This was good and maybe with this deal he could finally upgrade to a decent shop instead of peddling in what he felt was long beneath him of an area. Shifting down to the girl's height, he would whisper quickly into her ear, "A man named Yuudai. They say he has ways of coming up with things of high value and notoriety. His name is well known for all the wrong reasons...there's even rumors he's dealing in illegal arms but if that's true, he might be your best bet though I doubt it will be cheap let alone easy for you. You didn't hear any of this from me though unlike me I doubt any type of shinobi will be catching his ear or interest..". The man would straighten up as he watched the information obviously seep into the girl's brain. This was a win-win for him...

After some more chatting with the man she would be sure to thank him and wave as she was leaving. The peddler sighing with relief as another customer walked up discussing a possible deal. He couldn't help but wait for the girl to leave as although she was interesting business, everyone still wasn't keen on being around a shinobi. What could they have expected though, that girl wasn't bad news as to him al she had been was good business. Though for Chikyu, as she walked away all she could really think about was the fact that her mission had been completed and it was possible that her clan's treasure might actually be recoverable.

[WC: 1727]
[MFT]
Combined E-Rank Self-Modded Mission taken from Here

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back