Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

[Study Post - Vulgar] Learning the Language of our People.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Suzume Manami

Yen
ASP
Deaths
In her extensive search for knowledge, Manami found herself sitting within the village’s library once again. Unlike the many times before, she wasn’t reading through basic literature or trying to teach herself advanced sciences or mathematics. This time she was submerging herself in a world full of history – The History of Kumogakure to be exact. Many things about her homeland fascinated her, but what she cared about more was the demon invasions that eventually lead to her clan planting their roots here. But, she knew so much about this event that it only seemed like a waste to continue reading about something she already knew. Flipping through book after book, eventually she came across something called “Ancient Kumogakurian”. Thinking back, she remembered her days at the academy and how she attended a class about clouds history and the sensei at the time spoke about this language. Intrigued, she continued reading more about this language. Before long she realized, this language was barely ever used. In fact, aside from that one class, she never heard mention of it again until this point in her life. Pushing all other books aside, she got up and went searching through the library’s hall ways for a book that would help her learn it.

During that time, she eventually found out there were two variants of this language. One that was open to the public and the other, only the Raikage himself could approve of someone learning it. Brushing that off, she collected several books about Ancient Kumo and began to read them. Day in and day out for two weeks, she spent all her free time learning just the alphabet all while trying to learn how to properly announce each letters sound. The following weeks after that, she began testing herself on writing in the language and using flash cards in an attempt to see if she could remember the letters sounds from memory alone. Γεια σας και αντίο From there, she continued to try and read in the languages tongue. Πού είναι η τουαλέτα<i></i> and Ονομάζομαι Manami Her studying would continue for at least another few months before she graduated from basic sentences to more advance ones. Not only that, but at this point she was no longer following the book. She was using the knowledge she had previously memorized and begun writing her own sentences. Θα θέλατε να πάμε έξω για ένα ποτό;<i></i>

While she did know how to read and write it at this point, not everything was entirely clear to her. She was still learning and focusing as much as she could. She was determined to learn this language not only to where she could hold a conversation, but to where it was like her birth tongue. Before long, after about nine months of studying, she was now fluent in the Ancient Kumo. Χρειάστηκαν εννέα μήνες, αλλά τελικά έχω μάθει πώς να μιλούν αυτή τη γλώσσα άπταιστα. Χρόνο για να γιορτάσουν.<i></i> Now that she accomplished what she set out to do so long ago, it was time for her to relax. Manami was going to go have a nice dinner and read a book, if she could spare the time.

What was said in order
- Hello and Good bye.
- Where is the restroom
- My name is Manami
- Would you like to go out for a drink?
- It's taken me nine months, but I've finally learned how to speak this language fluently. Time to celebrate.

[Word Count: 529] [Marked For Training]
[Attempting to Learn Ancient Kumo]
[Topic Enter/left]
[S-rank Run time: 30 minutes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back