Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Super? Supper? Stupor! [Open / Shuu]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She’d grown up under the artificial sky but that didn’t make Yume any less curious about the stars. Her father had shown them to her whenever they made a trip to Soons and explained how he had used the constellations to navigate his way to Suna many years before. The ground was even different on the surface, its temperature changing with the climate instead of the temperate constant of the cavern. These small differences were enough to keep the inquisitive Inuzuka occupied for many hours when she’d rather not be home. There wasn’t anything wrong with home it was just that Shinji had gone out and it didn’t take a genius to know what he’d be up to tonight. Books were a better distraction than incessantly worrying if her brother would find himself chasing the wrong tail.

After her shift at the hospital, she had gone home long enough to pick up the book that Uri had given her and headed for the Grand Library. It was late, but she still had a few more hours. Curled up in a large chair with her fox dozing in her lap, Yume thumbed through her new book, occasionally referencing a history of Rain country. It wasn’t a large tome but it held enough information for the young woman to figure out where it was in relation to Suna. She wanted to know exactly what stars she needed to follow to in order to find Amegakure. Between the hushed tick-tock of her wristwatch and the soft breathing of her fox, the exhausted mednin was soon struggling to keep her eyes open. Maybe if she just rested them… for a moment… just… a… momen... zzzzzzz.

~~~~~~

A crackle on her headset would wake her a few moments later. It had slipped off her head when she passed out but was trapped between her ear and her arm, leaving a thin impressing of the microphone against her cheek. Rubbing her bleary eyes, she sat up, bumping CuRua awake as she readjusted her headset and clicked a button to respond.

This is Sagasu Yume responding. Go ahead.

The owner of the Rouge Rogue is reporting a disturbance outside of his establishment.

Isn’t that sort of an ANBU thing… or Main branch? What time is it?

He said that someone is passed out and no one is willing to carry them to the hospital. We’d send the ERT but the attacks have kept them busy. It’s 10:30… were you asleep?

No… Nope. Just reading. I’ll head right over. Yume out.

Scooping up her friend, she draped him over her shoulders and put the books on the return cart on her way out the door. A pang of guilt gripped her for a moment before she dismissed it for more pressing issues; she’d make sure to apologize for not putting them away next time she was in.

~~~~~~

The red light district was a place the Sagasu siblings had different opinions on; Shinji enjoyed his time there while Yume made a point of staying as far from it as possible. Keeping her eyes averted from any unsavoury folk, she hurried to her destination, ignoring any attempts to make conversation. Turning the corner to the alleyway that held the entrance to the Rouge Rogue, she found her patient face down in the gutter of the cobble stone lane, clutching a bottle under one arm. It was possible that they were drooling but she couldn’t tell due to the drainage water that streamed passed. With a grunt, she would angle the drunk’s arms and legs so that she could leverage her patient into a sitting position against the wall and out of the muck. Oath of Benevolence or not, she sometimes wished that she could ignore certain calls and let nature work itself out. Oh the glamour of the medical field!

[MFT; WC: 652]

Hyuuga Mirame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OoC: Hope you don't mind me jumping in ^^))

Aru was heading back to her house from a long day of training with Kodomo and she had decided to take the long way back. The little pink-haired girl had her uniform on, though it was tattered from her training, and she wore a cute little yellow ribbon that held her hair out of her face. Little Aru had her shoes on, they looked destroyed from combat training. With a smile on her face, and some dirt, she made her way through the Seitch Zensunna and she only bought a few things. She had picked up something to eat because it was past her meal time at home and she knew that Momma wouldn't make her something to eat. Little dumplings on a stick was what she had ordered, they were filled with yumminess. The little girl had a smile on her face as she cheerfully made her way through the Seitch Zensunna and into the Grand Palais. Before she knew it she was in the Red Light district, somewhere new and foreign to the little girl. With a smile on her face Aru walked around a bit as she ate her treat. Well, that was until she saw what looked like a man knocked out man with a woman playing with his body.

Finishing her dumplings, Aru stepped close to the woman before saying something kinda softly. "Umm... Ma'am... Is he dead? Aru was closer now, probably only a few meters away. She slid the wooden stick that has been licked clean into her hair as if it was a decoration by the ribbon. She squatted down and cocked her head slightly. "Wait, he's breathing right? So he's not dead!" Raising an eyebrow she saw a bottle in the man's arm, he was probably drunk and did something stupid to cause him to be knocked out. "Momma told me only dumb people drink that stuff." The little girl pointed at the bottle in the man's arm. "Is he dumb? Does he need help because he's dumb?" While basically sitting on her heels, Aru inched closer and closer. "Aru you going to make him less dumb? Is that your job?" The little girl had never been around alcoholics, let alone passed out drunkards. The girl then stood up and smiled. "Can I help?"

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((OOC: Not at all! Welcome!))

The Inuzuka had heard the young girl's approach but chose to ignore it for the time being. Her steps gave away her inexperience and told Yume right away that she was in no danger other than the constant leering eyes from the shadows. As the child moved in, the questions would continue as the mednin snapped on a pair of gloves from her belt pouch and looked over the drunk now that he was out of the gutter. Arching an eyebrow, she would cast a sidelong glance at the youth and laugh through a bemused smirk.

Your Momma ever tell you that you ask a lot of questions? No, he's not dead. Yes he's dumb for drinking so much liquor. Unfortunately, I can't cure stupid but it is my job to make them feel better. If you'd like to watch, you can but I have to finish my assessment to make sure that he's just drunk and not wounded.

With expert hands, she would gently press around the man's bulbous form, starting at his head and working down to his feet where she wiggles her fingers around the straps of his sandals, constantly looking between her hands for traces of blood and the inebriated man's face for signs of pain. When the assessment returned no ill effects other than the man still being drunk, she removed two senbon from her med kit with an alcohol swab. Rubbing it over the back of his neck, she would run her fingertips over his vertebrae to locate the exact spot before slipping the needles deep into his flesh and pinching his spinal column. Any sign of rigidity in the drunk's limbs disappeared instantly as he fell into a deeper slump. After making sure that he could still breath, Yume closed her eyes for a split second of meditation and a deep breath before water would begin to drip off her gloved fingertips, allowing her to wash the sickly grime from her patient's face. In between rinses, she would glance over her shoulder to the student with a curious smile.

Aren't you a bit young... and sweet... to be wandering the Red Light district? It's not somewhere even *I* want to frequent, and I'm an adult. Oh, that probably sounded condescending, it's just... are you lost?

I would just hate for this world to ruin you before you have a chance to experience it. It happens to far too many of us...

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shuu's steps were slow and stately. Though she was capable of stealth that would give even the most experienced hunters some trouble, she had no intention of being stealthy for fear that it would be misinterpreted. Her years of training and experience--especially with that damnable Hyuuga woman--had taught her to walk on the balls of her feet in unfamiliar situations, and this village was, for the moment, still quite unfamiliar. It was for that very reason that she found herself wandering the village. Every area had to be explored and understood to perfect memorization if she was going to be using this as her base of operations. She sighed as she meandered through the streets of the Red District, one of the clearly more dangerous areas of the village. Her white labcoat fluttered around her as she moved, her black pump sandals matching her tight black leggings and a black corset. Moderately ample chest filled out the corset, which accentuated her very shapely form. She'd been a very thin child, but when puberty had come it had been very kind to the former Sennin. Sharp blue eyes absorbed and analyzed the surrounding with a practiced ease that bespoke years of habit, her long purple hair flowing gently behind her as she walked, arms clasped behind her.

When she saw the student--who was very out of place--it attracted Shuu's attention. As she closed she noticed Yume with the drunkard sitting upright, and saw her giving him a very familiar assessment of his health. Some practices were universal, regardless of country.

She came closer as she saw the woman washing him clean and let a gentle smile grace her serene face. Clearly she was tending to a drunkard, and her medical assessment said it it was likely a medical call, though there was the possibility that it was a friend or family member. The young girl yammered pretty constantly, and when she ended with her interrogatory of helping, Shuu smiled and spoke up behind her with her warm, rich alto.

"I don't advise it, Chibi,"<i></i> she spoke, using the term to reference the girl's size...or lackthereof. "It takes someone medically trained to know how to properly care for someone like that."<i></i> Because no medical care was being undergone after the assessment, Shuu had to assume the tanked man was healthy, just sloshed beyond consciousness.

"Need help from someone medically trained?"<i></i> She offered, confident it was unnecessary, but offering it nonetheless.

Hyuuga Mirame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Aru shut down pretty quickly as the older woman shot a rather odd glance before laughing. The young girl clasped her hands together in front of her face as if she was embarrassed. Her face was slightly pink as she looked down at her feet. She was being annoying again, but as the woman explained what she was doing Aru stepped closer once more to get a better view of what was going on. She watched as the woman used needles to make the man go limp. She smiled in awe as she watched the Medical Shinobi work. Then the question shocked her.

"Oh no ma'am I'm just heading home after my last spar. I leave not to far from here so going through the red light district is actually faster for me. And besides-"

Aru stopped speaking as a voice called her a Chibi. The young girl raised an eyebrow and glared at the newcomer. Aru stood up and turned to face her with an upset face. She wanted to smash a fire ball into her face but that would be "unladylike" so instead she voiced her opinion.

"I'm sorry Obaasan, but I'm pretty sure medical knowledge has advanced in these past few centuries."

Aru glanced at the vulumptuous woman. The young flat-chested girl flipped her short fiery hair before facing the Med-Nin once again. Stepping towards the scene once more, she was about a meter or so away. The young girl once again squatted down and sat in her heels. She was watching ever so closely to try and learn something useful.

[MFT: 264]

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The approach of a second individual made Yume cringe on the inside. While she was reassured by the deliberate heaviness of the steps, she was feeling the wear of a long day and knew she needed to get to bed before she lost her calm and let her feral heritage take over. With a sigh, she grabbed the outside of one glove with two fingers and slide it off, crumpling it into a ball and then grabbing the inside of her other glove and pulling it inside out over top of any biological wastes, tying it in a knot to seal it off. Snapping on another pair, she forms her digits into the seals necessary to generate a jutsu to heal the man from the inside out. Deliberate breaths would accompany the soothing chakra and soon the pallor of the man’s skin began to change to a healthier hue and his breathing would regulate. Before she had a chance to reply to the curvaceous stranger, the student would speak up in a rather fiery tone.

That isn’t needed, kiddo. It never helps to be rude, especially to a kunoichi. In many instances, the old ways are the best; they’re simple.

I might need your help in a moment, ma’am. It really depends on how he reacts when he wakes up.

As if on queue a groan would make its way from her patient as he begins to emerge from his stupor. Crouching down, she would speak in soft, reassuring tones, letting the man know why he couldn’t move and who she was and where he was. She would take up the half bottle of booze and begin to pour it out, maintaining eye contact to gauge his reaction.

I don’t think drinking any more of this will help you tonight. Now, I’m going to remove the pins that are immobilizing you. Your limbs will tingle a little but they should get motion and feeling back within 30 seconds.

Empty bottle in hand, she would reach to the back of his neck with two fingers and pull the two senbon from his neck with a swift tug. Expecting motion to return in a few moments, Yume wasn’t ready to counter his hand when he took a handful of her hair and pulled down which would have propelled her into a face plant had she not put her left hand out. She had mistakenly read the man’s neutral expression as complacency rather than seeing the underlying retaliation he had been planning for paralyzing him and pouring out his liquor. Flipping the bottle over in her hand, Yume swung it in an arc that made contact with the side of his cranium and shattered glass every where. Instantly his grip would loosen and he would slump back to the wall. Rubbing the tender spot on the left side of her head, the Mednin would heave a huge sigh as she stood and looked down on the now unconscious man.

I’m a little exhausted… I should have handled that a little better. I think I could use your help after that. I need to get him to the hospital for observation now that I’ve probably given him a concussion. I’m Sagasu Yume, chuunin mednin. Who are you two?

[MFT; WC:555]

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She lifted a single violet brow in veiled amusement. Only the slightly upturned corners of her full lips gave away her mirth. She withheld the temptation to release a smarmy come back, deciding to be the grown-up since, you know, she was. When the veteran medic chastised the little girl, she turned her attention to the experienced iriyounin.

She watched the way the girl finished her medical examinations and ministrations with practice ease. She carried herself as someone with a great deal of experience, despite her lower rank and age. This was a girl who had seen too much in her time, and she knew it because she too bore the look when she was younger.

The child that was present seemed to be more a student the ninja. The wonder that filled her eyes along with the lack of loss that she saw there suggested that she had not had true experience with battle and losing friends. The life of a ninja was indeed difficult, and one never truly understood the cost until it was too late to turn back. She herself had wondered on a few occasions if she would have made the same choice if she knew then what she knew now. That line of thinking was obviously moot, but that didn't mean that she didn't wonder from time to time.

"Pleased to meet you Sagasu-san, my name is Kendori Shuu, former Medical Sennin of the village of Mist, and guest of the steward of the village of Sand, Sousuke-kun. He told me to keep an eye out for you, he informed me that you would be very professional, cordial, and accommodating. I can see he wasn't wrong; you have a very professional demeanor. He is offering refugee status for myself and a few of my villagemates, and in exchange I have offered him my medical expertise, so you'll be seeing me around the hospital a lot more. From what he has told me, your medical forces could definitely use some reinforcements."<i></i>

She walked over to the trashed individual and bent down, opening his eyelids and flashing a small flashlight into his eyes. The dilated pupils shrunk visibly, and each one reacted the way was supposed to.

"No sign of a concussion, but we should watch him overnight just to make sure. He should be safe to move."<i></i>

She stood grabbing him by the shoulders and with one fluid move hefted him over her shoulder like a sack of flour. Due to her animalistic strength, she hardly seems to flinch at carrying such weight. She glanced to the little girl and commented with a smirk,

"Oi, Chibi. You want to learn something about medicine, you should tag along. Never forget that if you're going to talk big, you have to be able to back it up. Time for you to learn a little something about how, if you've got what it takes."<i></i>

She offered a shrug because it didn't really matter to her one way or the other what the child chose, and though she was a bit of a smartmouth, the girl was a spitfire and she appreciated the youth's spirit. The wisdom that would be necessary to temper it would come with time.

[MFT]
WC: 538

Hyuuga Mirame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[col]
Hanafuda_Deer_and_Mapple_by_monoga.jpg
|
Aru stepped back and crossed her arms, the two women were both doctors and pretty much told her that she was useless and rude. She watched the medical shinobi look over the man talking about consciousness and what not, but Aru wasn't impressed. The school's nurses could do this. Well, that was until the younger lady cracked the guy in the head with a bottle. This made Aru laugh a little.

"I am Suteki Aru, and I'm the puppeteer extraordinaire in the Sunagakure Shinobi Academy!"

The little girl loved to boast about herself and her awesomeness. To prove a point, Aru pulled out a scroll that had the Hanafuda "Shika" design on it. Unraveling the scroll, Aru placed her hand on it to perform the summoning jutsu. There before her stood a large wooden stag that was built with beautiful craftsmanship. The puppet was made of a light colored yew wood and the antlers themselves were made of a dark cherry.

"This is Deer, my trusty defensive companion."

Aru smiled as she connected her strings to bring it alive. Standing upright made the puppet appear to be even taller. The deer stepped up to Shuu gracefully.

"I'm sure it'd take less energy for me to lug him around, I wouldn't want an all mighty Sennin to do grunt work."

She laughed at this statement before making the deer lower it's body to make it easier to put something on it's back.​
[/col]

Edit: I think I may have worded it wrong... Aru is attempting to apologize for her behavior by trying to take on a burden to prove she isn't a useless child to Shuu.

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
When Shuu hoisted the rotund drunk over her shoulder she may as well have been lifting the burden from Yume as well. Breathing a drawn out sigh of relief, the mednin was able to think a little more clearly as she rubbed one palm over her weary eyes and forehead. Looking up with surprise at Aru’s remarks, her teeth held her tongue in a vice as the student yet again insulted Shuu. She wasn’t entirely certain which side to be on. One one hand, the student was out of line; one didn’t insult a Sennin of any village without proper reason. On the other, Shuu wasn’t from their village. She held no chain of command over them; however from their brief interaction in the alley way, Yume was beginning to warm up to the stranger. Her logic thus far had been sound and she had assisted her in determining that she had not concussed her patient. Speaking in gentle tone, Yume squared off with Aru.

Look Aru-chan, I don’t know how things are around your house but if you want to make it as a ninja you’re going to have to learn that people don’t gain ranks for good behaviour. Kendori-sama probably accomplished some amazing feats to be awarded with the title of Sennin… or killed the previous one, I’m not sure how things are done in Mist.

The last sentence would be punctuated with a wink to Shuu, letting her know that it was just a joke. She sincerely hoped that her remark wouldn’t be lumped in with the student’s disrespectful behaviour but she still wasn’t entirely certain on what the older lady would consider funny. Taking a couple of steps to draw her closer to the puppet, Yume patted it on the head with a giggle and a smile.

Why hello there, shika-san. I must say you have a beautiful set of antlers. They’re quite…… Aru. You should put the puppet away.

Her tone would turn serious after looking up to the creature’s antlers. Something would catch her gazed causing her to focus on the entrance of the lane. Blocking their exit was a group of about 5 men of varying sizes and degrees of inebriation whose attention had been drawn by the summoning jutsu. The Red Lights district was frequented by criminals and unsavoury folk, many who did not appreciate shinobi in any form. Even the Mednin who were called there on a nightly basis occasionally ran into trouble simply because ‘their kind’ weren’t welcome here. Advancing a couple of steps, Yume stepped around the student and stood as a protective wall between Aru and the vagrants. This was both for the puppeteer’s safety as well as the men’s. Aru had already proven to be a bit of a loose cannon and she couldn’t risk this turning into an incident because the student felt the need to fight her way out.

Hey there girlies… looks like you’re lost. Hows about we help you find your way?

We’re fine, thank you. We were just retrieving this poor soul to take him to the hospital. We know our way out.

She would try and walk passed the group but would stop as they refused to move to allow passage. Clearing her throat, she would wave her hand to indicate that she would like them to move only to be met with drunken laughter.

You see that boys? She thinks we meant to help her leave. No sweetie. We think you’d be better finding your way with us… sounds like your throat is a little dry. It could use a drink, or at least something to coat it to ease your plight.

Laughter erupted from the group as they revelled in the obvious discomfort they were causing the innocent mednin, until a stone flew over their heads and bonked the leader on the dome. Cursing a string of expletives, they would all turn to the source of the projectile to see a man of around 5’10” clumsily tossing another stone in the air and dropping it, his reflexes obviously slowed from a night of intoxication.

Thasss not a very nice *hic* way tuh… tuh talk to them ladies, boyshh. Why don’t… why don’t you guys pick on someone your own size.... Hiya Yume!

Hi Shinji… you’re drunk.

Am I? *hic* Asssh I was saying boysh… you should leave ‘em alon’.

Sagasu Shinjin stood there with a grin plastered to his face as he took a mouthful from the bottle he held clutched in his left hand. His little sister could tell that he had struck out so far with any attempted partners tonight and had resorted to getting as intoxicated as possible and making a fool of himself. Well he was doing a fine job and in no ways helping. With yet another sinister laugh, the group of men waved off Shinji and advanced a step toward the group of females. In an attempt to play the hero, the older Sagasu shoved off from the wall and stumbled toward the crowd, yelling at them to pay attention until his right foot caught his heel and sent him sprawling. Tucking into a roll, he managed to land on his wobbling legs just inches from the nearest offender.

Dats my baby sishter, and you’ll leave ‘er da phhhuck alone.<i></i>

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shuu bit her tongue as the young girl felt the need to show off, making her skills obvious to anyone who cared to look. To be fair they were impressive for her age; Shuu had never had the patience to deal with puppets, and so respected any who bothered to use them, but they just weren't the Violet Sage's style. She heard the tone in the girl's voice, incredibly smarmy and self confident, and Shuu, though tempted to show her what real ninja skills were all about, instead simply shrugged and sloughed the heavy form onto the back of the deer. Meanwhile Yume's tongue-in-cheek comment cause Shuu to smirk. She had a feeling she was going to like this young woman. Turning her attention back to the student she remarked in a very calm and relaxed voice,

"Your puppet is very pretty, Chibi, and I have no doubt it comes in quite handy. Never had the patience for puppets myself."<i></i> When the figures arrived Shuu turned to face them, crossing her arms, but let Yume deal with them. When they refused to back down however, she grew annoyed. Killing strangers, especially in plain sight, was not a good way to start in a new village. A non-violent method was probably best. She looked to Yume even as she kept her arms crossed, not at all worried about the men in front of her, nor the drunken man who'd come to their 'rescue'.

"Please, Sagasu-san. It's Shuu. No need for formality, especially since we'll be working together closely from now on. I've just never been a formality kind of girl."<i></i> As she was speaking the jutsu she'd quietly weaved just before she started speaking formed and grew from a whisper to a scream in the minds of all present. Her Devastating Aura exploded from her body, radiating out in waves screaming that this woman was dangerous. To the untrained and the student with them, she would likely paralyze them with fear, or close enough to. Even to the experienced Chuunin present her power would be incredibly overwhelming. It was clear to all, in that instant, just who the most dominating figure in the alleyway was. Her hard, confident gaze turned to the gathered men and she tilted her head to the side, then just barely smiled.

"I really think getting in our way would be a really bad idea...don't you?"<i></i>

The men, untrained ruffians all, had never been exposed to such a dominating and overhwelming aura before. Unable to escape the pressure it put on their mind, all of them had gone from sneering and arrogant to frozen and pale. One began to urinate inside his pants what two others' knees simply buckled. The rest were either frozen or were instinctively backing up. To any who didn't have the training and skill to withstand her aura, She was murder personified. A terror that one fled from as fast as possible rather than tried to fight off. Shuu looked to the other women and the drunk knight in alcoholic armor to see what their reaction was. She'd lug them all if need be, she was strong enough. Otherwise she would motion to suggest they pass. While Yume might be able to endure the ability--if only barely--odds were the student would likely be brought to her knees just as a few of the men had.

This was true power, and Shuu hadn't even raised a single digit in aggression. There was not a single person currently present that could even hope to take the former Sennin on, no matter how boastful they may be. Luckily Shuu was an ally of Sousuke and Uri, and so would do no harm to any Sunaan unless forced to--or asked to by one she trusted or who asked her to spar. If anyone tried to harm her allies in the alley, however, she would gladly defend her friends with her life...luckily, it wouldn't come to that, because there was no challenge to be had here. With her Aura, everyone else here would likely see her as a monster, even her allies...they would just know better than to think she'd harm them.

"Lets go. I'd hate for things to get violent....right boys?"<i></i> One of them squeaked in reply, his eyes wide with fear. It was the one who'd urinated himself. Shuu did not bask in her power, but she always knew it was a means to an end. In this case to avoid physical battle she had to completely dominate them mentally...which was the specialty of her aura. She fought the urge to make a smartass comment to Aru with the aura on, knowing it would likely haunt her dreams for weeks afterwards. She was not that spiteful of a person. Instead she just wanted to see them all free of the agressors that had closed in, not knowing that they'd made a huge mistake.

Hyuuga Mirame

Yen
ASP
Deaths
((Sorry for the lateness and shortness, I have midterms right now))

Aru smiled as the older woman complimente her puppet. Completely ignoring the Med-Nin, Yume, the young girl responded to the ex-sennin. "Thank you Obaasan. I love my Deer, she has been super helpfull in the academy." The young girl then spotted trouble from the corner of her eye, but before she could do anything a deafening aura came across the young girl. She slowly moved ehr body to the Sennin, she was scary. The amount of energy that came from her was unrivaled except by Sousuke-Sensei. The young girl stepped back slowly until her back touched her puppet and waited. She didn't know what to do, these men were intimidating to say the least. She turned and waited to see what the two medical professionals would do before continuing on.

((OoC: I am once again sorry for my inadequate post. Once midterms get done I should be able to post more frequently and of higher quality. I just didn't want it to be 5 days since the last post.))

Sagasu Yume

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Fortunately for Shinji, he was passed the point of stumbling drunk to really react to the aura except to whimper, frozen in place. His knees shook and after only a second or two of immobility, he teetered backwards and landed hard on his rear, eyes stretched wide in fear. He knew he wasn’t the most powerful shinobi but next to someone like Shuu, he was comparable to an academy student. Yume fared slightly better if only for one reason: If Sousuke had spoken highly of her then that meant this woman was an ally. The shock of terror that came with the devastating aura was turned into confidence that pushed Yume to take a shaking step forward to stand beside Shuu, although still a little weak of heart.

Now smelling of excrement and fear, the men that had blocked their path exchanged looks where they all thought better of advancing. The one who had squeaked jumped in surprise when Yume moved forward and quickly turned to run, tripping over Shinji’s toppled form and crawling away as fast as he could before regaining his footing. Two others followed suit which left the head honcho and his urchin. It appeared for a second that the leader would try and continue to challenge Shuu but thought better of it. Giving a huff of disgust he turned around and swaggered away, barely keeping the demeanour of a hardened criminal; he had been scared before but this was a new level of terror. His lackey loped along behind him, whimpering appropriately the whole way. Breathing deep to keep her heart rate down, Yume looked to Shuu with wide eyes as her fight-or-flight reaction returned to normal once Shuu released her aura.

You're a little scary, you know that? Brilliant... but scary. We should get this man to the hospital.

It would be an uneventful journey from the Red Light district, through the outer edges of the Palais and to the hospital. The people who were out were more interested in their own affairs than those of a mednin. Steps from the entrance, Yume paged out for a gurney to be brought to the main doors; The rampant attacks on the village had left the emergency room rather full. Thanking the aide who had brought the stretcher, she locks the brakes so it wouldn't move while their patient was transferred over. Turning to the helpful student, she gives a polite bow.

Thank you for your help, Aru-chan. I must go take care of my patient now. Perhaps we will meet again.

[Topic Left]

Kendori Shuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As they all left, Shuu felt her aura fade as she relaxed her chakra. Glancing over to Aru she offered a gentle smile and shrugged.

"Word to the wise, Chibi, not everyone appreciates ninja, usually the less lawful portion of citizens. Many of them are powerful in their own right even without charka. I recommend you keep from flashing jutsu around if you can prevent it, especially if they're big and flashy like your puppets, when dealing with the less savory folks, as many of them could still do dangerous things to you. Your chakra gives you an edge over people your own age and skill level, but with people who deal with fights and death every day for a living, there's a resolve and strength that experience alone can grant, one that you'll have some day, but for now are without."<i></i> She was not harsh or taunting or hateful, but respectful and softspoken. This kid needed a gentler touch, that much was obvious.

"You'll shine bright one day, little one, but for now don't use a skill unless you're willing to deal with the consequences of it, whatever that may be. That's why firing off jutsu and shinobi skills unnecessarily is a bad idea in general."<i></i> She looked to Yume and offered a concise nod and a grin.

"Hardly the first time I've been accused of either of those things. I agree, let's get him to some help."<i></i> As they moved about--word already spreading fast of the violet monster in the alleyway, which granted them a wide berth from most of the denizens of this quarter of the undercity--Shuu moved with the same precise and intentional delicacy she'd used when she'd first come across the scene. Before long they made it to the doors of the hospital, Shuu knowing it was time for her and Yume to get to work in a more serious fashion. As Yume thanked Aru, Shuu offered her a slight grin. She reached into a pouch and pulled out a small poker chip. It was worthless now, having been worth 50,000 yen at Mist's old casino. She'd gambled there frequently, and won a lot. She kept a fair amount of chips in case she ever felt the urge to go, and now they were little more than heavy and flashy plastic, though they were sentimental to her. She flicked it like a coin towards Aru and gave her a wink.

"Hey Chibi. This ain't worth much now that Mist is a frozen wonderland, but it should be redeemable if it ever comes back up and running. I appreciate the help. Catch you later."<i></i> She offered a wave as she turned and left with Yume to enter the hospital. The real work was about to begin, as both medical professionals needed to do what they could for those present. Shuu was a gifted healer, and was prepared to give every patient in the hospital her all. If she did not, she was not worthy of the title of Medic, much less a leader of such people.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back