Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Tea for Two Part 2 (open)

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren just decided to go to a neighboring street, a little bit away from where the original chaos was. After he had handed Maru over to the officials, he needed some time to just relax, meet new people, and just enjoy the day and have some good tea.

As he listened to the blood flows all around him, he could sense that some of the people were on edge. Probably because some of them were there when Maru decided to act up. Thankfully the Hokage and Ziren were there to put him in line for the moment.

He yawned and sat back in his chair, putting his hands behind his head, messing with his own blue hair as he waited for a waiter or waitress to come by.

As he waited, he looked around. Nothing out of the ordinary just yet. Which was fine by him. He might even be able to just enjoy the day. He closed his eyes for just a second, but it was longer than a second as his head drooped and suddenly sprung back up.

Ziren was really tired from all of that chaos that Maru had caused he looked around. Nope, nothing has changed. He rubbed his eyes as he waited for a waiter to come by so he can place his order.

(This is immediately after the events that takes place in the topic, Tea for Two.)
(Here's the link for it https://ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=816&t=57511 )

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As Ziren looks around he would see waiters and waitresses going about serving the many customers that decided to visit their establishment. Many of which were foreigners much like himself that came to this village due to the tournament. Some of the people here were merchants with no talent for chakra who came here to sale their wares. Others were shinobi both seasoned and novice. Quite a few different headbands could be seen tied around different parts of the body. Most went around the forehead and others tied on an arm. One even had one covering her eyes. This individual was Hakuren.

Hakuren was born with blindness and many associate blind shinobi with the Hashigaki clan. Often people assume, but they would be wrong. She had a different way of seeing and it had to do with the little friend she had on the table. As Hakuren was enjoying her tea she took a cookie from her plate, dips it into her tea cup and gives it to her pet mouse. With both paws the rodent accepts the small cookie and eagerly nibbles at at it. Hakuren could not help but smile as he enjoys his snack.

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The recent events still haunted the kitsune as she wandered through the streets, her focus turned inwards and not really paying attention to the crowd. The bustle of life wasn't heard, the colourful people and the antics of street artists not seen in the slightest. Feeling emptied by the nightmare that was Maru, hand resting on the Cursed Mark he left behind in her neck, she sloughed on and on and on in search for something that was not within reach. A person, maybe. An idea, perhaps. A solution, probably.

Out of the blue she heard a distinct chirping. Ethereal. Ephemeral. Not of this world. The kitsune looked up, spotting something that looked like a songbird with a monkey tail. Its blue colours resplendent as the sun shone on it. As it turned, it didn't seem to have a three dimensional body. Rather, the spirit really looked like it had crawled out of a book with its page-sized body. Blinking against the apparition she was seeing, the kitsune halted in her tracks before looking about to see if anyone else was seeing what she saw. They didn't seem to do so, as they went on about their business like there was nothing to be seen.

Feeling her stomach softly nudge her about its need for sustenance, the kitsune guessed the bird had to be a sense of delirium caused by her hunger and as such she wandered into a nearby tea house looking for a seat. With the busy crowd, most spots were taken and the kitsune was about to sigh in exasperation when her amber eyes spotted a somewhat familiar face. The shinobi called Ziren. While she honestly didn't feel like being reminded about the chaos that had ensued, she felt obliged to show the man some respects. He had, after all, aimed to protect her from the fight with the demon puppet, and she would hate it if a kind deed would not be returned. Softly shuffling closer, she would shyly raise her hand in greeting before speaking.

"I have yet to thank you for your noble assistance with the demon puppet. Would you be fine if I paid for your order? I can't offer you much but I'd really feel bad if I wouldn't be able to repay your deeds in kind."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren sat up in his chair when he thought he heard a familiar blood flow. When he turned around, it was the girl that him and the Hokage protected from Maru. Despite their efforts, he had put the Cursed Mark on to her.

He has been reading up on cursed sealing... For other reasons... So he knows that it must be taxing on the little girl. How scared she must be. Ziren was just glad that Maru wasn't here to cause anymore trouble. Since he was handed over to the Tea Task Force.

He listened to her speak. She was courteous, and her offer was nice. But Ziren shook his head. "No need to thank me. The best way to repay for my deeds is just let me pay for the meal. Both mine, and yours."

He looked around and seen a lot of other shinobi. A lot with different head bands. But one in particular caught his attention. A woman wearing her head band over her eyes, with a small mouse eating out of her hand. Nobody else seemed to be sitting there, and knowing how it means to feel like one is all alone, he got up.

"Come on. Let's sit over there." As he got there, he motioned to the two empty chairs in front of the woman. "Hello, I'm Chigokai Ziren, from the Leaf, do you mind if we sit here Miss?"

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren turns her head towards the voice speaking to her. He claims to be a chigokai. She has heard of his bloodline and if she remembers correcting he could sense blood. Hakuren wonders what it must be like to feel the heart beats of everything around him. Could he even feel the one coming from her pack sitting by her chair? “I am Miroku Hakuren from Sand. I will have to confer with my friend.” Hakuren then directs her attention to the mouse who had just finished eating his cookie and was ready for another. “Nezumi, is it alright with you?” After a couple of squeaks Hakuren then tells him, “He says you are welcome to join, but don’t eat his cookies.”

Her pack begins to shift around as something was moving inside. An albino fox pops its little head out of the bag with a yawn. “Oh, Kojoro did we wake you?” The fox jumps out of the back and stenches like a cat. Kojoro walks over to Hakuren placing a paw on her leg. Hakuren then bends down a picks up the vixen and cradles it in her arms like a baby. Kojoro always did like being held in such a manor. “So, who might the girl with you be?” She was an interesting one with both ears and tail. Hakuren had to would if she was somehow related to Akkuma.

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Misaki's ear drooped when her kindness was rejected, instead replaced with the man's desire to pay for her meal as well. Not feeling the desire to argue about it, she reluctantly agreed to his offer and was about to sit down when he suggested to meet up with a woman wearing a blindfold bearing the Sunagakure kamon. Moving over to the woman at Ziren's side, he requested to sit with them upon which she felt the need to converse with a mouse about. Misaki tilted her head slightly, curious to see how the critter would react and was pleasantly surprised to see the two converse much like she did with spirits. It was cute, even, that the mouse was given a name on top of that. As the two were welcome to sit with her and her pets, Misaki pulled a chair and sat down, ears catching the sound of an albino fox crawling out of the back and stretching before it requested the attention of the woman. After picking up the fox, she asked for Misaki's name.

"My name is Misaki Aikayume, apprentice onmyouji of Sunagakure. Pleased to meet you."

She had barely enrolled as an academy student, so mentioning that might not quite be right. Plus, shinobi had to be secret and sneaky, so it wasn't the worst of things not to let that shimmer through, was it?

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren sat down when the mouse let them sit. He heard another blood flow, in the woman's bag, and thought of it as a little dog, considering how some people of this region are 'fashionable' and like to carry dogs in their bags rather than walking them around. He was surprised when an albino fox popped it's head out.

Animal lover? Ziren thought. He thought about having an animal, but with all the stuff that has happened, he has decided not to. He turned to the Kitsune, who had her ears drooped. Probably because he declined her for paying for his own food. He only did it because as a small child, she probably doesn't have a lot of money on her.

From hearing that the woman was from Sunagakure, Ziren looked up. A person who might now more of his own cousin. "Do you know, by any chance, a guy named Jiro? He's my cousin and hails from Sunagakure as well. He's a Chigokai."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren had forgotten about that group of foxes and remembers her older sister complaining about them. Her sister also worked at a shrine but according to her they have been getting less visitors due to this grandeur shrine. "You would learn much from watching the matches. It is not often a student gets to watch such experience fighter from different countries duke it out." Misaki did not have to tell Hakuren anything for it was already apparent. She was not a merchant as she already claimed. So with that ruled out, the it is more than likely that this girl from Sunagakure is shinobi. She was young and could be genin, but she does not wear the headband proudly like most. Hakuren being one of those people when she herself was genin. The head band is awarded to those who graduated the academy and often genin wear them with pride. So either she is more humble than your average genin, a student or hakuren was completely of with the age. The last one could very well be the case because she was always bad at guessing people's ages. "I would love to be one of them, but my condition is not one for fighting." Hakuren suffers from blindness and Chronic Anemia. Due to this she gets very little exercise and has a weaker muscular structure than most shinobi her age. Even lifting something her own weigh would be very difficult for her.

Jiro if she recalls right was also of the miroku clan, so she has heard of him. She never met the man in person however. “I know of him. Why do you ask?” The fact that this leaf shinobi referred Jiro as a cousin raised a few questions in Hakurens mind. True that being both Chigokai they must have some common ancestor somewhere along the family tree. Being that Ziran and Jiro were from two different villages she would normally conclude they were distant cousins. However the fact that he knew of Jiro makes her debate the idea that they may be closer related. “I’m afraid I try to avoid Chigokai as they tend to use their own blood for jutsu and stuff. The smell of blood… doesn’t really agree with me.” She had to pause for a moment to choice her words. This would not be the time or place to mention about the pale white haired girl that bit her three years ago. "You are alright to stay, however, assuming you don't plan to do such techniques" Hakuren quickly notice how rude her statement sounded after letting them sit with her.

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The two seemed to divert to a personal topic of sorts. About a Jiro Chigetsu. Misaki had never heard of the man, nor about the Chigetsu but the woman's explanation about how they used their blood for techniques was a familiar sight. As her eyes rested upon Ziren, she remembered those brief moments where he had used likewise abilities. Due to the situation she had found herself in, the kitsune hadn't very well registered the thought of having used blood for his abilities but with the revelation of this little secret there was no denying it any longer. Frowning, the kitsune fidgeted uncomfortably. Not so much because of the abilities of Ziren, as the main branch of the Aikayume had used blood in rituals and healing techniques before, but more so because the still freshly lingering memory of the whole battle with the puppet didn't sit her well.

Distracting her mind from the conversation at hand, she called for a waitress to come over. A young woman promptly approached to take their order, upon which Misaki asked for a cup of lotus tea and a sakuramochi. Not quite sure if the two of them knew each other, she remained quietly listening to the conversation, hoping the topic on blood and battle would soon change for something that didn't linger on the recent events as much.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren nodded, once hearing what the woman had to say. "Jiro's well. He's more in tuned with the Chigokai clan than I am, and by that I mean that he is more not afraid to use the sinister powers of blood. In fact, I'm starting to think I'm entirely different from that of my own brethren. If you are wary of my clan and of myself, I understand."

Then he heard the coldness of her voice as she told him that he was allowed to stay as long as he doesn't use any of his blood powers. Ziren bit the inside of his cheeks. This was actually the first time someone had a problem with him just because of his blood line. He sighed, "You don't have to worry about me using my blood powers. I'm not all about blood lust as other of my relatives." He kept a cool head and answered cool-ly.

Misaki right next to him, wasn't at all happy about their conversation at all. He decided to change the topic. "So tell me. How is life in Sunagakure?" As Misaki waved down a waitress, Ziren decided to order some tea, along with a fancy looking sandwich.

He waited to hear the woman's response to what he had just said, along with the girl's.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The white haired fox escapes the arms of it’s master and jumps down onto the floor. Hakuren of coarse had a sensory link on her thus allowing the fox to transmit live sensory input to her. She also uses this bloodline ability to give covert commands to her pets. In Sand she is known as an expert when it comes to handling animals. Right now she was using Kojoro for some information gathering. Animals have stronger senses than humans for the most part and can often get into places unnoticed more effectively. She was appointed anbu specifically for these skills of hers.

Kojoro goes underneath the table and approaches Ziren. Ziren could likely feel small breaths traveling down his lower leg and foot. Through Kojoro Hakuren could smell Ziren scent along with other aromas. Unfamiliar scents of lands far different from her own; the smell of grass, leaves and the dirt of the earth clings to him. Being from a barren land such as her own these smells were unique. Satisfied, Kojoro would then head of to Misaki sniffing at her leg. She carries with her the all to familiar the smells of the desert. Kojoro would then walks between Misaki’s legs and purposely rub against the tail hanging down from the chair. Misaki’s tail was soft and warm.

“This would be my first time outside the country.” Initially she thought it was a simply question and yet she has trouble answering it. She felt like a fish being asked what it is like to live in the water. She lacked comparison to truly answer that question. “I will say one thing, this country is like an eternal night. It is a little chilly for this time of day.” Ziren being from a forested country would likely find the temperature here in Tea quite pleasant.

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ziren, having read Misaki's mood, decided to change the topic in favour of something less laden, for which she could only thank him. He was curious about life in Sunagakure, a question Misaki could certainly answer. The trouble was, she could answer that all too well to the point she wasn't sure where to begin. Did she have to start with its environment? The districts? The temple she lived in? The people and the spirits? The underground or the harsh lands above? There was so much to tell about Sunagakure.

Distracted for a moment, she felt the fox rub up against her own tail, upon which she brushed hers over the fox in response before she lowered her hand so it could smell it before she would pet him gently on the head, if it allowed the petting. After that, she would rise up again, resting her hands on the table, listening to Hakuren's explanation in which she revealed it was the first time she was away from Sunagakure. The two of them shared that in common, then, as it was Misaki's first time as well, but she wasn't feeling cold. Just exhausted. Mentally, at least, as she was still recovering from the ordeal with all these high powers.

"It's my first time in Tea as well. The buildings are pretty here and very different in architecture from what we have in Sunagakure. Have you ever been there? If not, you should visit some day."

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren had noticed that the fox had jumped down and started to sniff them, which he didn't mind at all, since animals can be very curious at times. He let the fox sniff as he listened to the other two, and what they had to say.

"Yeah, I guess I have been out and about, just not the way one might expect. I originally hailed from Cloud, but was taken in by a caravan once they found my parents were dead. And when I was five, a forest fire had killed everyone in the caravan but me. Age thirteen, I was attacked by a rogue ninja. And at fifteen I finally made it to the Leaf, where I've lived my life since." He didn't mean to, but his hand went to the scar that was on his right arm, the scar wrapped around his arm. The deep cut from the rogue ninja's weapon had made. "It's a dangerous world out there. It's best to be prepared for anything."

He then thought about his own home. "The Leaf Village is full of life, full of people, and animals. A slight, calming breeze on some days, I say we have the best kind of sunsets, and the best veiw is to sit on top of Hokage Rock, on one of the heads, watching the sun going down, the people walking around down below. And the smell of Ichiraku Ramen when you are near, it makes my stomach growl just thinking about it."

As he listened to what Misaki had to say. "No, I haven't been there, not yet at least. But maybe I will take you up on that offer always nice to meet new people and see new places."

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Hakuren was sure Ziren was just being polite as he says he would not mind visiting sand. Hakuren has her doubts that he would actually do it, but would not hold it against him. Physically traveling to another country is quite hard on Hakuren. Hakuren passed out twice on her horse on the way here and luckily she was traveling with a group for she probably would not make it on her own. “I could give you a tour if you like.” Hakuren reaches out a hand towards Ziren, “Take it, close your eyes and I will show you the country I call home.” One of the first skills a Yamanaka learns is the ability to communicate with others telepathically by sharing thoughts. Not limited to words, the Yamanaka may communicate through sharing pictures, memories, and even learn to share sensory input between themselves and others. “You are welcome to join as well. I assure you it will be quite the experience.” Hakuren then stretch out a had towards Misaki. Should they accept her offer she will transmit images and sensations into their mind. These were Hakuren’s memories when she was possessing a hawk.

“Behold the Desert Expanse” The two of them would feel like they were soaring through the air. The land far down bellow was covered with sand as far as the eye could see and on the distant horizon the first few rays of the sun begin to emerge. Even as a recalling of a memory, nothing was as exhilarating as gliding through the open air. “Do not be afraid. This is only a memory. You are in no danger. Relax and enjoy the show.” The ground begins to accelerate towards them as they were swooping down to a lower altitude. The Gates of Sunagakure was just now coming into view.

Chigokai Yuna

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Ziren looked at the woman as she had her hands out. She apparently wanted to show him what the Sand Village was all about. As he took hold of her hand, awkwardly, he was then shown a world that seemed foreign to him. The Sand Village, well... Had sand, as it glistened in the sun's rays. It seemed actually beautiful and calming in a way.

He could see the Gates, that he could only guess was the Gates to come in and out of the Village. But then something seemed off, not in this vision that the woman was showing him, but something else.

Ziren knew that relying on his gut instincts were what makes him an adept shinobi. He let go of the woman's hands, and apologetically looked at them both. "Sorry, but I think I may have matters to attend to. Gut instincts."

Ziren put enough yen down on the table to pay for all three of their meals, plus a good tip for the waiter or waitress that was serving them all.

"I guess that I will have to add visiting Sunagakure to my bucket list of things to do. I want to thank you both for letting me spend some of your time. Hopefully we meet again under a more timely fashion."

He gave a slight bow for respect to both of them and then walked off.

(Topic left)
(Sorry, something came up icly that required my attention in Tea)

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Misaki knew about the Sands. She lived there. But it wouldn't stop the kitsune from trying out what little trick the woman was about to offer. How she would show the desert through sharing hands was beyond her, and therefore piqued her curiosity. Taking hold of the offered hand, the world before her would fade as the image of the desert revealed itself. The Desert Expanse. She was flying above the sand, air through her hair, arms stretched out. This was awesome. She could see the gates of Sunagakure doom up from a side she had only seen once so far, still too young to leave Sunagakure unescorted. She wondered what would be seen next.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Ziren’s sudden separation from the link cause the whole thing to come crumbling down. Suddenly both Ziren and Misaki come back to reality. Once again everyone with find themselves back in Tea though the quick transition may cause a moment of disorientation. Ziren was trying to explain his desire to leave, however Hakuren did not really understand. “Gut instinct?” She repeats unsure what he means. To her is sound like a made up excuse, but she would not keep him if he did not want to stay. Shortly after he leaves his food came with a confused waitress. “He had to go. I’ll take his sandwich.” Well It would have seemed like the visual tour would have been interrupted one way or another.

Now it was just her and Misaki sitting at the table. She could continue the tour she had planned, but this little priestess was from suna and thus knew what the village looked like. No the tour was pointless but perhaps she would like to take a different type of adventure. “Since Ziren left and you already been to Sand, how do you feel looking through the eyes of the fox you are holding? A little taste on how I view the world.”

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The image shattered and disappeared as Ziren left. He had said his goodbyes and had walked away from them. What a strange man... Why would he suddenly walk off when there were two other shinobi nearby that could help him in case of trouble? Well... At least one could probably help them as Misaki was not that strong, being rather new to the whole shinobi thing. All that mattered little now though. The waitress returned with their order, confused about the lack of a member at the table. As the waitress served the dishes once Hakuren had told her she'd take the sandwich, she would scoop the ryo Ziren had left behind to pay for it all and sauntered off to find new customers.

Taking a bite from her sakuramochi, the kitsune listened to Hakuren's offer about seeing the world through the eyes of a fox. Her left ear twitched as she stared at the woman before her for a couple of seconds, not quite understanding what she was saying, thinking to herself that she was already 'watching the world through the eyes of a fox'. She was a kitsune, the very meaning of that word being 'fox'. Swallowing the bite she had taken from her sakuramochi, she decided there was no need to be mean by pointing this out and nodded instead. After all, seeing through the eyes of someone else was a little different than seeing through her own, or that of a fox.

"That sounds like a fun thing."

wc: 252

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
“It may be better to close your eyes first. It is not a requirement, but it can be quite disorienting to see from two perspectives at the same time.” Hakuren herself was quite used to it but she has been doing such things for years now. She almost felt like a sage of six paths with her animal friends. “Okay here we go.” And with that Hakuren would establish a connection again, but this time she would stream live sensory input from Kojoro into herself and then sending it into Misaki. Hakuren was like a hub organizing the information being received and transferring the data to the young priestess.

Soon Misaki could see herself by looking through the eye of Kojoro. Hakuren telepathically spurs Kojoro to go off to do some mischief but Misaki would not get any of that. Climbing out of Misaki’s lap the little fox would jump on the floor hiding underneath the table just poking enough of her head out from the tablecloth to look around. Quietly she would scamper from table to table in attempts not to be noticed. On table had a large gathering of people and the server wheels their order on a table. Kojoro takes this chase to get on board by stepping onto the lower shelf. Kojoro would then ride as the server rolls the table back into the kitchen area.

Aurora

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Misaki would closer her eyes as suggested, waiting a couple of seconds before the first images would swim in. She could see the table where they sat on but from a lower perspective. Hakuren sitting on the other side, her own robes right under her. Was she seeing through the eyes of the fox now? She would jump off the robes, hide under the table and peek from beneath the cloth. So many feet and legs were moving, dangling, wiggling. Legs from waiters, legs from customers, legs with clothes and bare legs. And all these shoes. The fox moved again, slightly crouching, coming not higher than their knees. The floor was so close from this position. Dirty too. Ew. They moved on, passing under a table, walking past another, until there was this one large table with many legs. A cart, and hop, sight changed into a wall of cloth. Then the cart moved, the fox licked its paw, waiting for the cart to stop. A brief peek to check if the coast was clear revealed the kitchen. Misaki giggled. This was rather fun. What would the fox do now? Try to steal some food, she'd assume?

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back