Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private Teketeke

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
”…”

What a strange place to meet up with Ibaraki. It wasn’t exactly fishy or questionable, but Take was under the impression that he was going to train his swordsmanship on a broader area… there wasn’t a lot of maneuverability atop the Hokage Rock – especially not with all the tourists passing by. However, not having visited this hotspot in a while, Take took in the grand view of his home village Konoha and breathed in… it was a very good day, indeed.

He still saw the image of his mother’s flabbergasted grimace at his previous spar with his father. His father usually only needed one hand to subdue the still Genin, but ever since he began training under Ibaraki, his father had felt more and more pushed and at edge against his son in combat. Take thought that it was purely the results of efficient time spent practicing his arts with Ibaraki, but his father saw that Take had grown more… say, unhinged in combat.

More or less, Take had begun to space out in his strikes. It was written all over his face that he wasn’t exactly ‘there’, and at the same time, his focus was sharpened like a knife against a grindstone. He was starting to enter a field of combat where his movements became unpredictable, but he had yet to truly best his father in his spars. And yet… for the first time in a long while, possibly ever since he was born, Take felt that eyes of approval rested on him. He was no longer the awkward kid who broke his parents’ expectations of his future as a shinobi, and it was all thanks to Ibaraki. If you were to ask Take about it, then he’d argue that he owed all of his achievements to Ibaraki, the one who didn’t see an inconvenient disgrace, but who saw an unpolished diamond…

WC: 314 [MFT]

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
”Are you spacing out again, huh? Ōtakemaru?”

There he was. The rough, dry voice of his helpful, new friend Ibaraki reached the samurai’s ears and prompted him to turn around, dismissing the gaze over the Hidden Leaf Village to face Ibaraki directly. “…” A silent nod was sent over to his tutor who responded likewise, but Take did have something in mind that kept him quite not at ends with meeting up here. Taking a step and turning around to reunite with the view again, Take asked: “… Why train here?”

“Chakra Control.”

“…” Chakra Control? It was a fair topic to practice, but he could practice that in the woods instead of on a tourist attraction. “But why… here?” If it was for the view alone, then Take would be at peace with the reasoning, but it was nonetheless a strange place to meet up. “Because the height and the precipice we’re standing on will help us in honing our focus… follow me. I’ll show you exactly what I mean.”

Without complaints, Take did as told and walked alongside Ibaraki, but he did notice that they were walking closer and closer to the edge of the cliff. All shinobi knew how to walk on walls, though, so there was little reason to panic – he and Ibaraki managed to activate and focus the chakra in their soles, so that they could walk straight down along the precipice where the previous Hokage’s face were carved. Take glared down on his feet and wondered how this resemblance to magnetic powers could be applied to things other than walking on other surfaces.

“Don’t get bored just yet, kid. It’s good to see that you’ve learned how to walk on twisted surfaces, but there’s more to skill than just knowing how to,” Ibaraki commented, deciding to sit down and focus his chakra all over his rear for the duplicate result as in his soles, “Now- no, no, you stay on your feet, just like that… let me just- there we go, ahhh… still warm and all! This village got the best lunchboxes, I tell ya…!”

… O-Okay? Weird time to take a lunch break.

“… No, you just stand there. Keep your chakra locking your feet to the cliff… until the day’s over. If you can’t do that, then we’ll retry tomorrow. You see where I’m getting at?”

… Huh?

WC: 396 [MFT]

Ōtakemaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A
… He wanted Take to just stand still, on the side of the precipice, for an entire day? That was madness; he couldn’t just expect Take to be able to do that on the go, right? What would happen if he burned out his supply of chakra too quickly? Would Ibaraki be able to grab him in time before he fell to his death? “I can see that you’re beginning to doubt this… but trust me, it’s like facing a life-death scenario in combat, but I’m still here to keep you safe. Just do your best, and we’ll see if you improve over the next month,” he was told by the unorthodox shinobi who went in and gobbled up the contents in his lunchbox. Merely watching that reminded Take that he could need a small snack right now… but alas! If Ibaraki backed him up, then he could easily just stand still and let time do its thing.

“I-Ibaraki… it feels like I’m constantly… r-running… at full s-spee-sp-speed…” Take tried to push out words from his heavy mouth, but if he lost too much focus on his soles, then he could end up falling prematurely. Ibaraki watched intently, having used some of the time to read some scrolls he brought along with them. “Okay… safe to say, your Chakra Control needs work. For a rookie, though, you’re about where I expected you to be – about average, if I’m going to be honest with you… hey, that’s good! Any higher than that, and I might’ve begun to overestimate your limits with future training, and any less and I’d squi- o-oh, hey there! Gotcha…”

Take had burned out enough chakra for today, and it suddenly caused a snap inside of his head that sent him to sleep. Ibaraki was quick to grab him, though, and carefully pulled his unconscious body back up to the street above the cliff where he’d lay the kid down and use his backpack as a pillow. “… I genuinely thought you’d fall earlier, boy, but you’re resilient. Yes, if anyone can bear the Mark…”

WC: 348 [MFT]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back