Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

That Morning of... [PVT]

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
k9C97eY.jpg

'Today's the day...'

Sushi was up in the apartment way before the sun rose over the horizon, there was no light in the sky and he could barely sleep the night before. He was anxious, checking all of his equipment, making sure the samples he'd gathered were going to be good enough for the sake of what he was setting himself out to do. He rested alot this week, especially when he didnt know if he would be fighting first or last. If he would have to have a pre-match to get into the actual tournament. There was alot of buzz following this, and surrounding it as he couldnt even get to sleep without getting alittle practice in. Keeping his body from getting too tense as his mother taught him. Limber up. Sushi knew Kouza had been training too, but to be fair... Sushi didnt want to know what new tricks his friend had. He wanted to see everyone in action. So he didnt pay attention on purpose. However, his preparations were done in silent. He even had the Cane Sword Made by his mother that he would use... He'd figured something out with it, and he would nod. Knowing his mother was a fiend with bladed weapons. This was something she constructed and it would definitely do him well.

After that though he would walk into the living room and sit down, pondering what to do. It was too early and he didnt know if anyone else was awake. So he would finish the inscriptions on his own seals. Making sure the wrappings were done well and ready to be used when he channeled chakra into them. He had Two on one arm and a sheath for his Blade, nodding to himself he knew that this was going to be a day he would remember, a day that the world and the village would have their eyes set on him and the rest of his future comrades!

If anyone came, he would be seen twirling his kunai in one hand and trying out a few jabs here and there before attempting flips of it into the air and catching it on its hilt. "Today's the day..."

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

No sooner had Yoshi spoken did he hear a thump by the near window followed by two feet landing onto the ground. It was nothing new for Kouza to simply climb into their house, mainly because that was the only window left unlocked and since he lived alone nearby Kouza had access to their fridge. However a sandwich was not his reasoning for being here at this time of night, he knew Yoshi was not going to be sleeping well considering the big day and figured that he might as well see what the boy was up to. Entering the light, Kouza was different not in appearance but what he carried with him. Yoshi had known Kouza to carry a blade but this time Kouza had two blades sheathed along his back, both laying horizontal to his waistline with one being far shorter than the other.

"I figured you were still awake, no sleep?"

He'd cross his arms after sliding into a seat opposite of where Yoshi was located and watched him with interest flip his kunai around. There was an aura coming from Kouza, as his eyes were low as if fully entrenched in his own thoughts. It wouldn't be surprising, this is who Kouza was most of the time. A youth glued intently to his own thought processes, ever wondering about something or someone. He wondered if Masa was awake as there was something he wanted to ask of Yoshi's mother but he wasn't going to press the issue if she herself was not already awake.

Kouza would feel a chill go down his spine at the thought of Masa's gaze if he was to awaken her with such a silly request and it would leave him in a sudden cold sweat as if he had just seen a ghost.

"...So..scary..."

Naturally Yoshi would be able to guess that in that moment, his mother had crossed Kouza's mind because that was just the effect she had on those who had seen her glare..

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
NPC: Kasumi Masa

Masa was always a light sleeper. Being a former ANBU, it came with the training. The fact she was older now and stiff in some of her joints was absolutely not the reason why she slept so light.

So it was with ease she heard the shuffiling of feet and even the slight breeze of a window opening.

Those boys.

She remembered when they were young and gallivanting around the coast as they traveled pretending to be training. Masa had lead them to Stone and after a while, they transferred to Leaf. It was too hot for Masa's liking and always kept the apartment a on the cold side. It remaindered her of better days when Mist was around, her drinking sake with a certain Mizukage....

She arose quietly, shaking her head. She grabbed her cane, the hidden blade clattered a little in its sheathe. She would have to fix that later.

Masa would make her way to the living room, letting her presence be known before she appeared with a dull clunk on every other footstep. The old injury had gotten worse with age but she could still get around, albeit relying more on the cane than she dared admit. She would find a seat across from Suyoshi and Kouza.

"I am not surprised you are awake. Today is a big day. One that could lead you to new heights." She said simply, her face betraying nothing.

"Are you prepared?"

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
He expected it. Every morning he expected it. Kouza coming through the only open window in this small apartment as Sushi practiced. He was getting quite better, he knew this was going to be interesting, that this would be a coming of age event for him. Maybe even Kouza as well, Who knew. "Eh, I slept for a few hours but my body wont let me. I'm not worried though, I'm rested, taking this last week off of my normal training has helped me a great deal. I took it lightly... still did some exercises, yanno?", looking back to his friend he would understand that this was going to be a tad bit different than their spars against one another. They knew alot about one another... Fighting styles and such. Tendencies. However, it was everyone else he didnt know that shook him a bit. Maybe it needed to... Maybe he would learn from such things in the future, but this moment... this day was going to show him where he was in terms of the people he learned with and trained with...

"Heh, no need to be scared... She's slee-..." he stopped as he heard the clunks coming down the hallway only to be met with the look of his mother with her rattling cane in hand. He was sad he woke her, but... maybe this was good. He couldnt wait for her to see how far he'd come in these months. Sure as the sun would rise, she knew he'd be excited for this day. He could only nod as she talked, looking to Kouza, then back to his mother he could only nod again.

"Yes Ma'am. I cant wait, I dont know who I'm facing. I think though they might place me and Kouza in the same bracket... Since we're not from here. They wouldnt want the both of us getting to the finals. Hehe.", then looking to Kouza he'd smirk. They were the cream of that cream.... The foam of the cream of the crop. The early morning bathroom run that ended with a steamy after glow. They were the top... but maybe those other kids might sow them some vigor? Who knows...

Moyamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
A-Rank

His eyes would lower themselves as more talk about preparations and fighting was discussed between Masa and Yoshi. Kouza was a child of deep thought, thoughts which in the past had led to lapses in judgement on a few things and he wondered if that habit would rear it's head during the tournament. Clenching his palms together in what would be fists of anxiety beneath the table, he would work to slow his breathing and bring about a sense of calm over his body. There had only been so much preparation he could do in readying himself for whatever challenges may await from the other children. Exhaling suddenly, he would reach along his waist and dig into one of the two belt pouches resting there. The only item removed would be a small clear vial with multiple pea sized pills within. A gentle pull of the cork and he would place only one within his mouth, chewing it slowly. Having not wanted to potentially load his stomach with food, Kouza had procured some ration pills the day before to take which would sustain him for some time without the need to physically eat a meal.

"I simply have to do my best, right?"

He murmured what was said in a tone of doubt, his own abilities called into personal question without outright making it known to both Masa and Yoshi. While he truly valued his friend, ever sense that class Kouza had started to keep things to himself. Although he was sure Yoshi was aware of some of his skills, the fact that a lot more had been honed on his own time and in secret would mean he was also still in the dark. Kouza only expected the same from Yoshi unless he was so trusting in Kouza to not keep anything to himself.

Kishiko Nagisa

Leaf Med-Nin Sennin
Yen
ASP
Deaths
NPC Masa

Masa listened and all she herd was doubt. Was this all she raised? True, she had trained them personally and to always let others underestimate them. But this. They were seriously doubting. This was not acceptable.

In a movement, Masa stood and drew her blade, pointing it at the two of them a fierce look in her eyes.

"I understand nerves but false bravado and a hint of doubt? Have I not raised two of the finest Academy Students here? You have the best of Mist and Leaf at your disposal. You are strong! Do not hide behind yourselves. You are fine boys and before long you will be fine shinobi. This tournament is just another training arena. The stands don't matter. The spectators matter even less. Remember what I told you, never start a fight but be sure to to be the one that finishes it. Be strong." she would say passionately before swaying slightly and sitting back down, she stuck her blade down into the floor as she sat.

With more effort than she would admit, she pulled it free and sheathed it.

"Sorry boys. I didn't mean to shout. I just remember when I was your age jumping at the bit to show off. That was before I got this blasted injury. I was able to join the ANBU becuase people recognized my bladework. I was so proud. And I will be proud of you regardless. Show these leaf shinobi that although Mist is frozen over it still produces ninja of quality!"

Keigo Oen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
She could see through his bravado. He thought he could hide it with his false vigor. It be seen, Sushi was scared, scared to fail. Scared to not even live up to what he thought he could be. Scared that in everything that would happen and the consequences that would seemingly need to take place in order to overcome the thoughts that crept in of doubt. He doubted himself alot, especially with someone more strategic and battle ready like Kouza. Even though they were the same age, Sushi wanted nothing more than to show Kouza that he could think ahead of the game. This was a proclamation not just to the village for the young Minamoto Teen, but to his best friend. That even though their lives were leading them in opposing situations, that he could trust him. Just like the Class they took together, Kouza could always trust that Sushi would be there to help him. Through everything...

Lowering his head, Suyashi would nod to his mother, her glare just moment before causing his heart to jump. No matter how old he'd get she would always scare him. Cause he could tell she meant business, but her words. They seemed to cause something else, the more he thought about it. The more he knew that they had trained harder and longer than these people for the tournament. Sushi pushed his body through the rain, getting struck by lightning, getting attacked by turkey, and he knew that there were some people who were faster than he and maybe had stronger ninjutsu, but he had planned long before anyone what he wanted to do. Kouza as well. At this point, if no one brought something similar to the table, Kouza and Sushi were going to be a shoe in at the finals. Who knew though, he didnt doubt in his mind that things would end up the way he wanted them to... but destiny and the threads of fate were things that always able to be changed. A person could change the stars to form their on constellations, they could control the threads of fate to control their own destinies...

"Yes Ma'am!", Sushi finally said as his mother finish speaking, saluting her and smirking back to Kouza. They ad this in the bag regardless of what was brought up against them. Simple tricks were just that. Simple.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back