Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Coronation and Subsequent Party [Event]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Today was the day. One of the rare days the sun was shining gloriously on the village of Kumogakure. And that wasn’t the only special thing about the day, it was also coronation day. The Council had chosen a new Raikage to replace the one that had vanished, leaving the village in disarray for a while until things could be sorted out properly. Some probably wouldn’t believe their eyes when they saw who it was, and others would nod as if they had expected it. The new Raikage herself wouldn’t have believed it if she hadn’t pinched her arm a few times when she got out of bed either.

Despite all the naysayers and detractors, it had finally happened. The goal Kitsune had set for herself decades ago had been achieved. She was Raikage. And not a moment too late, as there was a ton of work to be done to get Kumogakure back on the right track on the path to glory. There were enemies all around the country, vying to bring down the shinobi village and her allies. There was also the matter of the now defunct Leaf-Cloud alliance which Kitsune had tried to keep intact, but to no avail due to outside interference.

For the time being she’d donated a substantial amount of money to the council so they could get started on expanding Kumogakures civilian businesses and housing for the less fortunate in life. So once the home field was properly taken care of, she could put her attention towards re-establishing an alliance with Leaf. They might not even be surprised that she made Raikage, as she had written messages to them prior to today and signed them as Interim Raikage. Many probably wouldn’t have guessed she’d go from interim to proper, but here we are.

Kitsune had made her way to the Torre Celeste. The administrative nerve hub of the village. And also… where her new office was located. She headed straight inside and practically made a beeline towards the office, politely greeting the employees she met along the way as was fitting of someone who was their boss and now controlled three provinces of the country. Regardless of all that, she slipped inside the office, closing the door behind her and looking around. It looked exactly like she left it when doing paperwork after Ayumu had vanished, and so it had to be changed. She wanted to put her own personal touch on it.

First of all, she went over to a nearby closet that looked like it’d house the official Raikage Raiment, and wouldn’t you know it, it was empty. Kitsune made a ‘tch’ noise and went searching the office for the clothes she’d need for the actual coronation only to find them tossed unceremoniously into a different closet. She picked them up and put them on the same kind of stand you’d use for a kimono to keep it free of wrinkles before performing a series of handseals to wash, clean and dry the robes and hat.

Once everything was ready, things could begin. People had been told there’d be an important announcement from the balcony outside the Raikages office at noon, precisely. There were still time yet before noon, but people had already begun lining up, getting the good spots where they could see the balcony with ease. For now though, Kitsune would try on the robes now that they’d been cleaned and then the hat, finding that they were roomy enough to easily fit her, even around the chest. The hat would come in handy with the sun shining down outside, and that too fit her just fine.

QBHBLO3.png

Toyama Miki
Planning and Zoning Director​
hA3bLO5.png

Yosenku Mishokuni
Head of Non-Shinobi Judiciary​
9p7egvd.png

Suigetsu Suiko
Council Member for Water and Sewerage​
2k92TGA.png

Momii Shinpei
Head of Public Broadcasting and Communications​
2ggRTco.png

Moto Shihi
Head of Non-Shinobi Police​

Just under half of the eleven non-Shinobi council members were present today for the coronation. Unfortunately, the disappearance of the previous Raikage, along with the Sennin under his charge meant that there was a lot of work Council had to do over the last few months, to make sure that things would soon run smoothly, and that Kumogakure would be back on track.

Thus, despite their busy schedules, all eleven council members had taken time off to meet, so that discussions could be nailed as quickly and effectively as possible. Thus, it all leads to today - the coronation of the 11th Raikage of Kumogakure, where the majority of the council members had to return to their roles or had other reasons to not attend.

Amongst those that did attend was Moto Shihi, who still was not all that happy about how events had transpired but were professional enough to ensure his presence at the coronation given his role as head of the non-Shinobi police. After all, that was what being part of a leadership team meant - behind closed doors he and his fellows might disagree, but once an accord has been reached, as a council member his role was to either stand side by side with his fellows, or remove himself from office. Sowing dissent, especially publicly, was absolutely not honorable.

So anyways, the five were standing towards the front of the balcony, ready to address the people below. It was, after all, coming up to noon. Standing in the middle of the five was Suigetsu Suiko, who for all intents and purposes relating to the selection and coronation of the 11th Raikage, was the de facto leader of Council. To her left stood Momii Shinpei, and then a bit further on was Shihi. To Suiko's right stood Yosenku Mishokuni, who seemed to be standing just slightly too close to Toyama Miki.

The crowd down below was becoming larger and larger by the moment, and after a bit more time, Shinpei finally leaned over a little bit to whisper to Suiko that it was time.

Alright then.
9p7egvd.png

Suigetsu Suiko
Council Member for Water and Sewerage​

Suiko stepped to the fore, almost leaning on the balcony. "Citizens of Kumogakure!" She announced, in a large booming voice. Suiko followed that with a moment of silence, letting the rowdy crowd below to settle down. As the first wave of people who heard her speak quietened and started to pay attention, everyone else quickly followed suit. About half a minute later when chatter had died down enough, Suiko continued. "Thank you, everyone, for gathering on this auspicious day. My name is Suigetsu Suiko, Council Member for Water and Sewerage, and spokesperson for the entire Council today. We have a very important announcement to make." Again, a pause.

"As it has become apparent, we have unfortunately suffered the loss of the 10th Raikage of Kumogakure, Kogami Ayumu, along with all Sennins under his reign. Although we had to all go through a trying time, I must commend the Shinobi of Kumogakure for maintaining our security and safety, for ensuring that all of us could go to work in the morning, and still come home safe and sound. I must also thank all of our non-Shinobi citizens, who also made sure that they held our village to the same high standards always. Here in Kumogakure, Shinobi or otherwise, we are one people, with one goal, one purpose, one thought. I am proud that not one of us faltered, abandoning our post or our village, whatever threats may have been posed by outside influences. And we will keep on fighting for our future, always!" Despite the speech had seemingly lost focus for a bit, it was all within Suiko's plan. She wanted to instil confidence in the non-Shinobi citizens down below and had to bring up some of the dangers that were really, just hypothetical. So far no serious threat had come from any faction outside or inside of Kumogakure, and in fact, despite the disappearance of Kumogakure's leadership, the Shinobi of the village had been able to continue and maintain a good relationship with Konohagakure. Suiko's plan seemed to have work, for her speech was met with loud applause from the entire crowd, that went on and on until Suiko finally raised her hand to silence the audience.

"With that said, today we will witness an occassion that deserves celebration. It is with our absolute pleasure to be able to introduce our soon-to-be 11th Raikage of Kumogakure, Shinrya Kitsune, Baroness of Raimei no Seika, and Duchess of Liancourt-Tsushima!" As she made the announcement, Miki and Mishokuni moved to one side, while the remaining three council members moved to the other, allowing the way for Kitsune to come through.

Kitsune was already adorned in Raikage robes, but sans the hat and with a small brown fox sitting on her shoulder instead. With the five council members clapping, the crowd below followed suit, even if they are still unsure of what is going on, or who Kitsune was. Someone else - an assistant to Council - came up alongside Kitsune, holding a cushion that adorned the Raikage hat on top of it.

As she stepped out onto the balcony, she gave a light bow to the people of Kumogakure standing below ”I thank you all for coming on this day,” she began in a booming voice, slightly amplified by chakra focused in her vocal cords ”And it is my hope that we’ll get to know each other better over the coming time. Do keep in mind I’ll always listen to your troubles and do my best to try and solve your issues.”

Suiko took the Raikage hat off of the cushion and motioned the assistant to step back, before turning to address Kitsune. "Shinrya Kitsune-san, it has been a pleasure to be able to introduce you to the people of Kumogakure today. Now, I must ask for certainty's sake. Shinrya Kitsune-san, do you accept the title of Raikage, along with all benefits, responsibilities, and conditions that comes with the title?"

”I accept the title, the responsibilities, the conditions, the benefits, and whatever else may come with serving our city.” she said in a serious tone, with the little brown fox, a contract summon, sitting on her shoulder acting just as serious and nodding too.

With that, Suiko placed the Raikage hat on Kitsune, before turning towards the crowd in preparation for another booming announcement. "Citizens of Kumogakure, may I present to you Shinrya Kitsune, the 11th Raikage of Kumogakure!"

Thunderous applause roared through the crowd, and all the guards, council members, and everyone else not mentioned joined in. Once again, Suiko allowed the applause to go on for a bit, before holding a hand up to silence the crowd. She turned towards Kitsune, offering a genuine smile. "Shinrya Kitsune-san, congratulations. Do us proud. The floor is now yours."

With that Suiko and the other council members turned towards the crowd, bowed, and took their leave back into the tower. It was now all about Kitsune.

---

”My beloved citizens. I stand before you now, humbly as your leader. I have a few edicts I’d like to pass before we get the celebration going. she began, placing her hands on the bannister of the balcony, First off. I’d like to appoint Kashino Yuu as the new Sennin of the Main Branch, and Yamamoto Yamaru as Headmaster of the Academy, which also promotes him to Jounin. As for our ANBU branch, I will temporarily lead it until a suitable candidate can be found, same with the medical branch as the candidate I had found there turned it down.”

She paused, taking a short breath ”Secondly, I vow to do what I can to restore the alliance we had with Leaf.” she continued ”To that end, I’ll be sending them a message shortly, informing them of these latest developments. And… Thirdly, after doing an investigation I’m issuing a full pardon to Suzaku Keiji since his involvement in the assassination of the Raikage Hayata Shin was unfounded. Thus removing him from the bingo book, and making him welcome in the village once again.”

A smile graced her features as she extended her arms to her people ”For now however… Eat. Drink. Be merry. This is a joyous day for our glorious city. In the wise words of two young men I met: Be excellent to each other.” and as she finished her speech, lights came on below the balcony, highlighting a large selection of foods, drinks, and both chefs and waiters, ready to provide the citizens with nourishment in both solid and liquid forms. All paid for by Kitsune herself, rather than using the village coffers, of course.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC:
[Thread entered with Monzaemon Sendatsu]

IC:
Sendatsu, as old and busy as he was, would not miss this for anything. His old friend, the one he had 'competed' with all his life, though really they always urged each other on, was today becoming the Raikage. Or rather, had just became Raikage, for the coronation - short for what it was, but sweet - had just happened, right a moment ago. Well, looks like Sendatsu had officially lost the race - how was he going to beat Kitsune now? She was Raikage, the highest position obtainable. Well, maybe if he managed to rule over the entirety of the Lightning Country, that would be a different story. But that... yeah nah, that was not going to happen.

So instead, Sendatsu for now was just standing amongst the crowd, doing what he rarely did - enjoying himself. Specifically, he was enjoying the powerful atmosphere created by the excitement of the people. As they rushed around to grab food and drinks and making merry, Sendatsu was standing silently and still, taking in the energy of the joyous occasion.

Honnou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
When Lord Tenth had mysteriously disappeared, it really showed the fragility that a village could have without a solid council and system present. But not only did the entire village and its administration feel a punch to the gut, but the very people who had mysteriously zero-summed left a mark on all of their familiars and friends. Hon hadn’t been able to get an idea of why it happened or where they went, but it sure as hell felt depressing and really ruined Hon’s occupations. Despite trying to keep up with his missions, he felt the pressure in him increase tenfold and rather childish, emotional issues arose. He felt somewhat left out, but it wasn’t even everybody who disappeared…

How must’ve it been for those who were close friends with Lord Tenth and the respective Sennin? All in all, it was like a black cloud hanging over the Hidden Cloud during their absence… until things finally started to rise up.

He stood at a good spot in the area before the balcony. Truth be told, he didn’t really need to stand right here of all places or even bother to find a good spot, since he could perfectly see the event unfolding in front of him. First, Suigetsu Suiko addressed the crowd including him and noted the loss that everyone suffered from, one way or another. Thankfully, the villagers in their entirety had fought through, because otherwise the situation would’ve been way worse here in the Hidden Cloud. Hon had a lot to repay this village, given that it was the seedbed for his development and overall life. He wanted to be among the hard-working villagers and respected shinobi.

He then heard the announcement of the next Raikage. … Oh, they finally found the successor of Lord Tenth, he thought, I kinda wish that I could be up there right now, but who knows how much work will be up Lord Eleventh’s- His inner words braked upon seeing the person stepping out into the noon light, her strongly contrasted, blood-red hair way too recognizable. The lady from the laboratory back at the Aesculapium who fetched him a new ‘arm’… he laid a hand upon the metallic prosthetic and realized that she was a shinobi of that caliber. Not only that, but he finally got a name too; Shinrya Kitsune. A suiting name given the small fox on her shoulder, but nonetheless did it baffle him.

But he was more than happy to hear that they were all working their best to fix the issues arising at the ‘Scattering Clouds Event’ that Hon kindly called it. … I should go up and talk to her later, he reminded himself, just out of curiosity. He also got to know that Suzaku Keiji was now being pardoned, and thus his bingo book would lose one target. Truth be told, once again, Hon hadn’t known much about Suzaku’s case; at least not enough to find reason to pursue him all by himself now. There was a lot to catch up to.

But right now, he was more eager to eat and drink some, since he only sufficed with a single bun for breakfast. I wonder if I can find someone familiar around here... and hear their thoughts. There's so much that I don't know that it terrifies me...

Kagami Miro

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Streets were vacant and shops were closed along the strip towards the administration building. Today was the ceremony to announce Kumogakure’s new raikage. Mirō wasn’t fond of festivals or parties, they were always over crowded. People babbling on about nonsense, loud noises and the occasional fight were her only experiences of parties. The Cronopolis changes people. Arms stretched above her head, watching as the tops of heads appeared over the horizon. The crowd growing larger and larger as she approached, everyone talked amongst themselves while patiently awaiting the start of the ceremony. Before reaching the crowd Mirō knew it would be impossible to get a good view of what was going on.

Leaving nothing but a burst of dust the young kunoichi found herself scaling the side of a building and running across multiple roofs. Having a height advantage made it easier for her to view the crowds shenanigans as well as a clean shot of the balcony that lead into the administration building. Plopping down on the corner of the three story roof legs dangled freely above the crowd. Passively pulling out a kunai she began to expertly twirl the blade in her hand. Not to long after the crowd began to roar and clap. An unfamiliar face began to boast and rile up the crowd. Remaining emotionless Mirō thought the woman's speech was uninspiring. Her ties to the village barely held together by the fact they’re training her for their own benefit.

Pondering her own dismissal her keen eyes saw those notorious red locks. “What the…?” Scanning further it was none other than her sensei. “EHHH? RAIKAGE? SENSEI?” Bewildered by the announcement her body leaned in with astonishment. Though brief Mirō had a small one on one class with Shinrya Kitsune. She was informative, patient and even encouraging the timid girl she taught. With those positive traits Mirō would’ve even thought her sensei was already the Raikage. Happiness swelled up in her chest, unable to contain a cheeky grin on her face. Cheering her on in unison with the crowd mention of food and festivities had gotten the people even more excited. The crowd now spread evenly throughout many stands and stalls that provided food and drink. Remaining on the edge of the roof Mirō laid back on the shingles. Hands behind her head the atmosphere around her seemed peaceful regardless of all the chaos down below. ‘Sensei as Raikage huh? Maybe this village is worth taking some pride in.’ Snickering to herself “Hopefully she’s not too busy to teach me medical ninjutsu.” Shutting her eyes Mirō enjoyed the sounds of festivities, peeking every now and again to see if any familiar faces had shown up to the ceremony.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC:
[Entering thread with Shikyu]

IC:
It was truly a good sign for Kumogakure, that the Raikage had touched the lives of so many of its citizens. Monzaemon Sendatsu... Hyuuga Honnou... Kagami Mirō... they all had varying degrees of interactions with Shinrya Kitsune. Monzaemon Marushijūkyū too, was one of those who have had previous interactions with Kitsune. While short, it had affected him greatly.

And so indeed, much like Mirō, Marushijūkyū (or just Shikyu for short) was absolutely shocked to see the crowning of Kitsune. He have had no idea it was going to be her, and when the crowd began to clap and cheer, he was amongst those who did so loudly. Shikyu had chosen a spot in fact relatively near Mirō by coincidence, although he was down amongst the crowd, rather than three floors up where Mirō was.

Shikyu's lack of knowledge of the workings of society made him all the more a curious individual, and so he could not help himself but subtly glance around while he cheered, observing how others reacted. It was then that he noticed there were a few people who clapped, but the lacklustre effort put into it, combined with unconcerned - perhaps even possibly described as showing off a certain slight annoyance - clearly betrayed their dissatisfaction at the news of Kitsune's rise to power.

Why? Shikyu thought to himself, pondering what could have caused such dissatisfaction. Were they just your average civilians who had to suffer through the tough times Kumogakure was going through? He had heard about this from Sendatsu, how the village was not in the greatest of shapes. But the lady, the one who spoke to introduce the entire event, said that everything was going to get better, did she not? And she was part of the council that ran the entire village, so... that should have been enough of a promise?

The applause had died down by the time Shikyu finished pondering, and with that came the 11th Raikage's short speech, introducing edicts - followed by an invitation to make merry. That, was when applause broke out again, though it was short and sweet, as people hurried over to the banquet for the massive feast that was beginning.

A few people accidentally knocked into Shikyu as they made their way towards the food, though they were quick to apologize to him. He returned their apology with a quick acknowledgement of there being no harm done, before turning back in the direction of the dissatisfied people, only to find that they were gone.

Damn... He wanted to confront them, and ask them why they had reacted the way they did. Then again, Shikyu thought to himself, maybe it was not his place to do so. After all, civilians had the right to think how they want to, did they not?

Shikyu continued to ponder a bit, standing still and motionless amongst the crowd rushing about.

OOC:
[MFT, WC: 481]
[Entering thread with Nara Hitachi]

BIC:
Ah, what an event!

Nara Hitachi was happy that he decided to take time off to attend this event. Now, he knew who was the new Raikage, and perhaps if she decided to intermingle with everyone, it was his chance to ask her for an interview, perhaps? After all, the Raikage came from a family that Hitachi had not really had a chance to investigate, and it would be nice to find out exactly who were members of the Shinrya Clan, and exactly what makes them special.

On that note... there was also another special someone, who he was curious about. From afar, he saw Shikyu just standing there, looking quite dumb and lost. That child... oh what a special child, that child is.... Hitachi stood a distance away, also mixed amongst the crowd, but definitely acting more naturally than Shikyu did, grabbing some food as he continued to spy on the teenager.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After the speech, Kitsune put the hat and robes back inside the office and decided to mingle with her people. After all, there was a party and with everyone invited, it’d be a real shame if she didn’t get to meet more of her interesting subjects. It still hadn’t quite sunk in that she was now the leader of the village, and thus a third province of the country, but she’d have to shake that feeling off sooner or later. So after she’d slipped out of the robes she warped from the office, to the party, somehow not bumping into anyone while doing so.

From atop the balcony she had spotted a few familiar faces like Honnou-kun, Shikyu-kun, and even Miro-chan. Of course, there was a certain medical chief in attendance she’d have to go talk to as well, now that she’d won the competition between the two of them, because, well, how would he ever top Raikage? She made her way over to the table and grabbed two drinks before heading to Sendatsu and handing him one ”Guess I win, old friend.” she said with a cheeky grin ”Never thought I’d see the day, to be honest, but here we are.”

She took a sip from the glass in her hand and took a look around ”I think I saw Shikyu-kun around here somewhere.” she commented ”Meeting him was quite interesting, by the way. Don’t think I’ve met someone quite like him in a long time. Hm… It’s like that one brick movie where the main character is a bit of a blank slate, but still with a lot of personality.” she pondered, chuckling a bit ”Speaking of personality; Did you read the operations report on Hyuuga Honnou, and the arm surgery I performed on him? It worked. An arm with sensory input that actually works. It’s huge!”

[MFT; WC: 309]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Academy Headmaster, huh?' Maru thought to himself, disguised as a white fox as he overlooked Torre Celeste from a nearby building near the strip leading towards the place, the white nine tailed fox turned around with grace as it moved on all fours to the edge of a building where the beast hopped down. The white fox as it hopped down front legs and paws began to shift back into that of a human's arm, the hind legs shifting back as well when the fox landed crouched like a wild beast. Then Maru stood to his full height as his beast like features began to change starting from the feet then working itself up to his head. Once he shape shifted back into a human, Maru looked back at the group of youkai, ghosts, and spirits that was standing behind him waiting to hear what the new Raikage was planning since they feared that the new human wouldn't be too kind to demon kind. "Welp, nothing too changed. Might need an updated bingo book but so far nothing about monsters yet." all of the lesser demons sighed collectively, Maru deciding to leave the best for last. "The Raikage actually appointed me as headmaster of the hooman academy and invited everyone to partake in some gra sake. Who's hungry?" All the lesser demons now cheered, their vapor like aura pulsed out then began to spread. Kawaii clapped and Cold-Blooded kept on the lookout while the younger demons celebrated.

"Welp let's go there's a party in need of crashing." Maru said then began to lead his minions towards the building.
[/SIZE]
…..

2wLEPdI.png

A dense purple fog began to roll in on the empty strip, a group of 10 shadows walking towards Torre Celeste, their features couldn't be seen however there were four Kitsunebi's floating near one of the shadow's that seemed to be leading the group of what looked to be a small army of monsters! Different coloured eyes pierced the fog, though there were two that only had but a single eye. The parade of monsters inches closer…. and closer… though once they got to a certain point they started to sprint towards the place. This might look a bit menacing to some but in actuality they were simply racing to the party. After all free food and drinks would certainly attract some attention plus it was also an excuse to get out since most of Maru's pets usually haven't seen anything but the thunder mountains of the Spine of the World.

A purple demon with one big red and pink eye glides over the poor two legged creatures who had to run. "Hey there's some hoomans already there!" said LOUD. It stuck it's long blue reptilian like tongue out of its mouth to lick its lips, humming in anticipation of the kind of rich foods that the chef's had prepared for them personally. It had to dodge as Whoa's head swung out of nowhere like a tether ball nearly clocking the footless cyclops in the gut. LOUD shook her fist as Whoa, yelling at the Rokurokubi who was trying to catch an insect that was flying near her face. "Hey, watch it!" it yelled.

The masked youkai Oof skipped with Jeez, wanting to get to the sweets before the other demons made it there. "Hurry up before these greedy gluttons get to the cake first!" said Oof to the pink candy head shaped youkai who spoke in some weird demon language which sounded like nonsense to most people. "Ceua! Wca cnaes! Mkyeeeeeeeeen." yelled the pink clownish youkai. Oof while jogging to keep up with the crowd shook it's head then began to sweat. 'I really need to teach Jeez how to speak Hooman." Oof thought to itself. Besides LOUD, Jeez was the most intelligent besides her can't speak a lick of human. Besides since she was older maybe Oof a few justu's without having to feel out what she's trying to say.

Once the gang of demons and spirits made it to where the gathering was being held, Ew who is Maru's green akaname looked around in amazement at the place. Leaving black hand and foot prints while it crawled around looking taking in its surroundings. "Whoa tis plathce ez tool." said the akaname, it crawled off somewhere to get a look around, probably going to a bathroom so it could feed. Meanwhile Maru walked in, looking around for some deep fried tofu while taking some rice wine from one of the waiters then downed it. Kawaii and Cold-blooded sticking near their summoner, Maru's tails writhed around like serpents accidentally knocking over a glass when he turned to see if he would see a face he'd recognized. Two people he didn't know, that scarfaced kid, and the Raikage up on the balcony. Taking more rice wine from a cute waitress, he used his tails to block the waitress way then took a sip of his wine. "Well hello there babe, names Yamamoto Yamaru, yanno guy who's now academy headmaster? If you ever need your kiddo a promotion to gennin I could work something out for… yanno." the fox wiggled his eyebrows which in response to his proposition was rewarded with a smack across the face and angry stops away. He rubbed his cheek which now had a red, chuckling to himself as he took another sip of his rice wine. "She'll call me."

[Maru entered]
[NPC Ew has entered]
[NPC Whoa has entered]
[NPC Yikes has entered]
[Jeez Youkai has entered]
[NPC Oof has entered]
[NPC LOUD has entered]
[Ghost NPC Kawaii manifest is Visible to all!]
[Cold-Blooded Elemental floats in]

Last edited:
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Indeed." Responded Sendatsu to Kitsune, taking the drink offered by the newly crowned Raikage. As the first recipient of such a drink, he was instantly met with curious stares, belonging to many of whom that were likely wondering and trying to figure out just who exactly Sendatsu was. He might be a Mednin Chief, but that did not mean he was instantly recognizable. "I am tempted to say something in jest to you, my old friend. But honestly... congratulations, truly. You deserve this more than anyone I know... after all, not everyone is willing to put in so much personal time and effort with others." Sendatsu raised his glass towards Kitsune, a gesture prior to him drinking his own drink, offering a toast to Kitsune for this great achievement of hers.

"Yes, Shikyu is... someone rather interesting, is he not? He is different from many of my other patients who suffered through the same ordeals, in that they were all truly blank slates, while Shikyu... Shikyu kept things from his past, it seems. Sadly, while I regard him as a son, I am unable to take care of him as much as I'd like to... after all, I have others to take care of, who needs more probably a lot more than Shikyu does. But, it looks like the village has been taking care of him well... he often tells me of stories of new people he had met, many of them academy students. In hindsight, not very surprising, given that in many ways, he is just like them." That, was on the topic of Shikyu. It was exactly around then that Shikyu had turned towards Sendatsu and Kitsune, giving them a smile and a wave. Speak of the devil. Sendatsu waved back at Shikyu, before turning back towards Kitsune. "No I have not read the file on Hyuuga Honnou actually, but I suppose I should. You've always impressed me with your ability to mix biophysics and the material sciences... I've really been mostly a molecular biologist myself. Is this... Honnou here? I would actually be interested to see this prosthetic in ac-" Before Sendatsu could finish his sentence, something else began to happen.

Shikyu too, was distracted by the same commotion. From afar, a purple fog was coming closer and closer towards the coronation party, distracting attendees from what they were doing. Then, as the fog came closer, beings started to appear out of the fog - strange, bizarre creatures that immediately caused alarm for many people. But, not everyone was alarmed. Amongst them was Hitachi, who had done enough research to know about the... idiosyncrasy of the newly anointed Headmaster of the Academy. There was no need for Hitachi to act however (not that he might be planning to), for almost immediately, a number of ANBU appeared at various locations to placate those not in the know. Announcements were subsequently made, ensuring that people understood the youkai were not of any danger. Just... peculiar, at least in the eyes of 'normal' people.

Yep, of course there were organizational staff (Shinobi) who would be taking care of all the behind-the-scenes stuff, so that Kitsune can focus on just being the newly crowned Raikage, and do the things a new Raikage needs to do.

With that said, it did not stop Sendatsu from smiling at Kitsune, once Maru appeared and started hitting on the waitresses. "Did you want to, I dunno, keep your new academy headmaster in check? The one who just announced to the world both that he is in charge of the next generation of students, and probably a playboy?"

Shikyu watched as the youkai enjoyed themselves, curious as to what they are doing, and why they are doing so. He was particularly interested in two beings that were next to Maru, acting as what he assumed was guards - or guardians, who knows. One was floating and seemed like... a ghost? The other seemed to be quite nonchalant, and based on the frostiness emitting from her... was the originator of the fog? Shikyu cocked his head to the side, curious of what he was seeing, and wondering if what he assumed was true or otherwise.

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Yuu is amazed at how festive his home village today. While he usually learned of a new Raikage through a piece of radio news or newspaper, this is his first time watching the whole coronation in person. He wasn't the only one who is watching right now as his sister and his former parasite partner are with him during the whole event as the latter stared at the woman who is about to be crowned as the new Raikage.

"So she's going to be the new Raikage?" Yuri asked Yuu. "What happened to her predecessor?"

"No clue. They said he disappeared or something, so they asked a known Med-Nin to take over. But I also heard that she's got in some controversies." Yuu replied as he continued watching the proceedings. "Though I haven't heard much about it other than that. I'm not very into current events and politics."

"I see. I did hear that a Raikage is responsible for maintaining peace and assign missions to many shinobi in the village. I wonder what will she do for Kumogakure under her leadership now."

Yuu just shrugged as he continued to watch as the council silenced everyone so they can start the coronation. As he expected, he saw the woman accepting her responsibilities as Raikage. It wasn't until her speech that made him hear these fateful words.

"First off. I’d like to appoint Kashino Yuu as the new Sennin of the Main Branch, and Yamamoto Yamaru as Headmaster of the Academy."

For a few seconds, the three Kashino kids were frozen in silence. But after that, Yuu screams, "WWWWWWHHHHHHHHAAAAAATTT?!?!"

He couldn't believe what he just heard. Him, as the Main Branch Sennin?! This was too unreal for him to understand all of this. Sure, he has some skills and abilities that may par with any Jounin, but he was still a 13-years old Chuunin and yet, he was given great responsibility from the new Raikage.

"Yuu-niichan? A Sennin? Is that a big deal for him?" Kei asked, who is also shocked at all of this.

"Y-You could say that. Sennin is supposed to be responsible for each branch under the Raikage's orders. But just giving that role to Yuu at his current age..."

But just as Yuri turned around, he saw that his former host is now lying down on the ground, who just passed out after hearing the news. Seeing this, Yuri and Kei spent the rest of the speech waking up the poor Chuunin.
----​

As the party begins, Yuu was already awake as he gives out a big sigh. He already changed his usual casual attire to his blue jacket, grey dress shirt, black pants, and black loafers thanks to Yuri dragging him to a nearby bathroom and lending him some clothes for the party, yet he was a bit nervous regarding his presence here. His sister already left him after he woke up so she can meet up with her friends while Yuri is a few feet away from Yuu, looking around and watching several people enjoying the festivities.

He wanted to enjoy the arrival of the new Raikage, but with the revelation that he's going to become a Main Branch Sennin, he couldn't help but wonder what he would do in his new role and responsibility under the Raikage's orders.

[MFT/WC: 553]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Cloaked in full ANBU attire, Musashi stood guard over the festivities despite fully technically allowed to enjoy them if he wanted to. For him, it was easier to think if he could remain the watchman, and so as things began to proceed, he stood watch as he was assigned to do. There were the usual suspects present, the politicians and the dissidents, the shinobi and the otherwise chakra inept. Watching as he did, Musashi didn't find that he had to stop much or interrupt the good time and the mood.

Fortunately for his pristinely kept ANBU whites, people saw the mask, the garb and generally knew that to even attempt to kill the vibe, would be met with an extreme prejudicial dismantling. Letting his gaze drift over the crowd, he started to move among the people, not intentionally wanting to make a scene but completely wanting to make himself as well as those like him apparent to those who thought that there might possibly be blind spots. In all his years, he'd come to see that it was quite simply just enough to be seen rather than to be heard or felt. Fisticuffs could be ordered if necessary, but today was supposed to be a celebratory day.

As the political folk did their political thing, namely, politicizing their politicking for the otherwise politically ignorant, Musashi moved into place so as to watch for any would be assassins. Whether it came by way of chakra or sharpened projectile, Musashi wasn't about to let anyone get an easy shot and so he signaled for his fellow ANBU on duty to move into key positions in order to prevent the loss of at least the village leadership. Musashi wasn't the fastest shinobi by far, but he'd drawn up quite the barrier plans for making sure that should someone get what appeared to be a clear shot that he and his team could redirect, reflect and otherwise keep the important targets, safe. Mentally tuning in to the rhetoric that was being said over the airwaves, a part of Musashi wanted to roll his eyes and the obvious glossing over of certain key details but he forced himself to stay sharp as the Council speaker soon made way for the new Raikage to speak.

There was surprise, there was shock and there was intrigue, but Musashi stilled his emotions and his thoughts. There would be time later for reflection, for now, he had a job to do, a most important job. While they hadn't been briefed about all of the possible appointments that might come with the new Raikage being crowned, once certain key named positions were announced, Musashi signaled the waiting members of his team to move into place, watching over the newly appointed Main Branch Sennin and Academy Headmaster. With no new Medical Sennin announced, Musashi's eyebrows raised from behind his mask but he otherwise didn't show any extra sensitivity to the news.

Unfortunately one of his subordinates didn't equally stay in character and noticeably stared at him from behind their mask when there was equally a lack of an announcement about an ANBU Sennin. Some had probably expected him to get the nod, but with being able to mentally count the number of words that he and Kitsune had shared, Musashi expected no such nod of approval nor was he particularly emotionally pressed with a need for further recognition via a promotion. When at last the Raikage allowed the microphone to breathe, the next phase of the coronation moved into effect. The woman had been crowned the victor and with every breath, move, bond and step that she took, Musashi would be watching ever intently.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Shikyu after a while, decided that he has had enough of watching people for today, and decided to leave.

Sendatsu bidded Kitsune farewell, and too left.

Hitachi remained for a while to observe people, but eventually also left when things got a bit out of hand. He noted down that he was going to find out more about the newly appointed Shinobi in high positions - Kitsune, Yuu, and Maru. He wanted to know more about them.

OOC:
[Thread left with PCs and NPCs.]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
As it seemed the event was winding down, Kitsune took the opportunity to thank the people that had showed up, gave the waiting staff instructions to begin cleaning up as well as information on where to collect their bonuses for handling the event with such grace as they had. For now however, Kitsune was going to retire for the night, and rest, for tomorrow had a lot of work waiting.

[Topic Left]

Kashino Yuu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After the initial shock from hearing that Yuu himself will be the next Main Branch Sennin, he was a bit of denial over this revelation. Sure, his records on his past missions were exceptional and his positive qualities as well his ability to deal with difficult decisions even without Yuri's influence as a parasite were not too bad, yet he didn't call him Sennin or Raikage material. But still, this happened and after Yuri and Kei convinced him to take the position, Yuu decided to concede and accept it without any reluctance.

Once the festivities were over, Yuu gave himself a sigh of relief as he left the venue while his loved ones followed him. He was very exhausted after being bombarded by several higher-ups and shinobi being amazed at the young teenager becoming a Sennin. He even wondered what his daily life will be like now that he has to take responsibilities as the Main Branch Sennin.

"I'm so happy for you, Yuu-niichan! Not only you get to work with the new Raikage, but you can get to work an important job ever! Mom, Dad, and Yasu will freak out when they hear this news!" His sister excitingly said to him.

"Don't get all too excited, Kei-chan," Yuri spoke out with a calm expression on his face. "Becoming a Sennin is more than a big promotion for your big brother. He's got a lot on his plate now that he has to follow the Raikage as well taking his missions and his training. Though I hope you didn't forget why you became a shinobi in the first place, Yuu. Besides, we still got some problems of our own, right?"

Yuu's expression turned grim when he mentioned that important detail. He couldn't say it in front of his sister, knowing that it might trigger her traumatic incident with that strange kid, but he has to be more careful than ever. Having an important position meant more public exposure and he had a feeling that kid already heard of his promotion.

"Yeah. And I have a feeling he's preparing for a counterattack soon. I just hope we can prepare on time..."

[Topic left]

[MFT/WC: 360]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back