Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Devil You Know

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Contrary to popular belief the Ruins of Old Suna were very much alive & many of it's denizens thrived here. It had retained all that it was in the absence of those who interfered. So much so that the influence of it's denizens had spread out like a corruption. A corruption that Akkuma was all to familiar with his he moved through the alleys like a specter from a bygone age. Every so often someone would stop feeling his ominous aura engulfing them & entwining it's way through their bodies with a spine tingling chill. When they look for the source the shinobi would already be gone moving onto his destination. A small Ramen Inn that had a reputation for being one of the closest things considered to be a neutral ground to the denizens of the District. It was run by an elderly couple that had seen the comings & goings of many illicit parties. They possessed an infallible appreciation of privacy a courtesy they extended to their patrons. Anyone who broke the house rules had a habit of disappearing. When necessary they brokered meetings between conflicting parties in a hopes of settling escalating matters that were spilling into the street. For everyone knew the denizens could get away with literal murder so long as they were discreet & didn't add to someone's paperwork. It had become an unspoken understanding between many of the players within in Old Suna's depths.

It had been many years since Akkuma had graced their business with his patronage. Having had a very hands on approach to dealing with his problems he had rarely required their services. But he had acquired a fondness for their meals & they were one of the few businesses granted his clan's sake to sell. The chill that precedes the hairs upon your neck standing, accompanied by the sense of an inescapable sense of being hunted. As if some unnatural horror had set it's sights upon them & would inevitably fall upon them. Many patrons pay their bills departing. A few remained knowing that no doubt they were safer within the walls of this building then anywhere else in the District. Stepping out of the shadows from the alley the Trickster Sage approached the Inn. Nearby shadows almost seemed to try & reach out to the individual. Gaining an almost unnatural density to them as he neared them. Raising a hand he'd push up the almost saloon-like doors & step through the threshold of the building. Some of it's patrons eyed him wearily, others boldly gazed at him gauging what shinobi would do.

He could almost swear he saw an unmistakable flicker of relief in the eyes of Chiyo as recognition dawned upon her face. "I'll be with you shortly dear I'll get him to put your favorite on." before she vanished around a corned into the kitchen with an agility that was surprising for her age to anyone who didn't know even some of her history. Akkuma would bow his head in thanks to her before scanning the area Inn & eyeing an empty booth. He moved to it taking a seat, moments after he'd taken a seat a young woman he'd not seen before appeared with two glasses & a bottle of his clan's sake. "This is on the house Sir." She would say with no attempt to hide her curiosity. After the couple reserved such hospitality for few of their patrons. "Thank you...that will be all for now." the Trickster would say as his piercing gaze slid from surveying the other patrons to the woman serving him. She bowed & left him to his devices more content to keep her curiosity to herself then test the dangerous individual before her.

Taking one of the glasses off the other he would place it before him, uncorking the sake & pouring it into his glass. It was a drink that many seemed to have lost the desire to drink, but for Akkuma it was a strong reminder of both his old home & also the new one he'd made here. Placing the cork back into the neck of the bottle he placed it back onto the table. Removing a pipe from his robes & a small tin that contained a mix of various plant matter that helped ease his transition into his new forms. Packing the contents into the pipe he would snap his finger igniting the contents & inhaling deeply from the device. With a deep sigh of relief a cloud of smoke weaved itself around him. Leaning back into his seat the surrounding shadows would seem to almost reach out to him, gaining more depth as the shadows seemed to almost cradle the individuals form in their grasp. He was certainly one of the more interesting patrons the small Ramen Inn had been visited by in sometime. Even those who barely paid attention to their fellow denizens had heard whispers of this being. The Immortal Trickster, someone who had an uncountable amount of rumors surrounding them. These varied from him being a literal demon, that he was Immortal or that he had ties to many of the people who held power across the nations. An undeniable truth though was that the individual had a renown for being a monstrous being.

Someone capable of great & unspeakable things. A being who'd made a living out of making pacts & altering the lives of beings for decades across the shinobi nations. Many had seen the end results of his work more then once. After all one need only go to the Devil's Lair in to see the significantly altered individuals who worked their. All wearing the familiar seals of their Lord. Yes here sat a man renowned for many a Dark deal & service. Once more for the first time in years he seemed ready for business. Word was spreading fast among the denizens many whispering of it. Few believing it after all he had been murdered had he? Of those that believed he could still live almost none held the courage to approach the individual. The Immortal Trickster's deals were reputed to be faustian in nature & the cost was always great.

Edited to add MFT

Last edited:

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Recent times have been a whirlwind for Kana. A slew of missions and undercover operations that taxed the young shinobi to a near breaking point. The position, while it came with a lot of obvious danger, also came with a lot of useful information. She was able to deduce not only the large players of the underground but which of them may actually be of some use to their plots and plans. After all, even someone marked as an outlier and possible advocate for the negative things she wished to remove from her fair village, could bring about proper change or serve a purpose to fulfill their ends. Uzu was not aware that Kana had been tracking down a particular individual for the past few weeks. Another scientist, and a doctor with rumored skills to be far beyond the surgeon who aided her with her current transformations. This, along with his status within the underground was something that made him very intriguing to the young Uchiha.

Favorite locations, even if infrequently ventured to, could provide a place where she might be able to locate this scientist. So, she would use some of her recently located wealth to pay off some of the right individuals and figure out where this man might be. Stepping around the corner of the small ramen shop it would seem as if the woman merely appeared. After all, she was quite talented in the arts of deception and stealth. The immediate smell of food would hit her nostrils as she began to salivate. It had been so long since she sat down for anything close to resembling a real meal. Most of the patrons had already began to disperse back into the city as the man had a very commanding presence about him. A presence that would not intimidate the young Anbu.

As she stepped through the saloon doors herself the remnants of business would seem to disperse completely. The old woman would greet her as well, though when no response was given it would be assumed this was a business transaction and not simply a sit down for a meal. Moving towards her target she would sit down across the table from him. All the man would see is a dark brown robe, hooded, and beneath that a porcelain white mask with no descript features. Even if she were to remove her mask, it wouldn't matter. No-one cared about the girl any longer, no-one knew her face and what she had become now. In truth, she was nothing more than a Ghost to the fair village of Sunakagure. At this point she would recognize the smoke flaring around him as he exhaled, imbibing his alcohol and taking part in the 'finer' things life had to offer. All things Kana had no taste for, though they could be used to her advantage. She would reach out and attempt to grab for the bottle of Sake. Lifting the mask just enough to show her mouth utter the words, so the man would know she wasn't an illusion.

"Do you mind if I join you for a drink?"

At the very least this would allow the masked woman sitting before him to appear more normal. A humanizing quality for a person who was anything but human at this point. If he allowed, she would pour some into one of the small cups provided and take a sip. Looking back up, she would continue.

"I've been looking for you. I was hoping you could help me. Though it's my understanding that you're aid does not come free, or even cheap for that matter. That much hasn't deterred me up to this point."

The woman would come by with another bowl of ramen and the girl would nod in thanks. Waiting for her to move away before speaking in a more hushed tone. After all, you never knew who was listening.

"Discretion, however, is the ultimate thing I'd be paying or trading for. Seeing as no-one knows of my existence... you're now the first. A true witness to being able to say they saw the Ghost of Sunakagure."

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
It seemed almost fitting that so early into his return such an interesting individual would approach him. Someone had clearly been waiting for him or someone like him. 'Curious...' he thought to himself so many possibilities. At least this ought to be interesting. What few patrons remained left, perhaps unsure whether this would be business or the village coming to handle someone who had gotten out of hand. The individual reached out grabbing the Sake bottle before them asking if the Trickster minded the company. "By all means join me." he would say with a warmth that seemed polar opposite to the dangerous aura permeating from him. A their food was delivered & the Sage began to eat. Listening to the masked woman before him as she spoke. So far the information she'd given about him gave the Sage very little to go by when it came to identifying her. Her words made him chuckle are another legend he had the fortune of meeting.

"You seem to know enough about me that I assume you know my discretion is without question. In regards to your Moniker...I shall make note. Perhaps one day it shall carry the same weight as some of the great individuals I've met." he'd say genuinely after placing his chopsticks back on to the top of his bowl. The sage had all but inhaled his the food before him, yet there still seemed to be an insatiable hunger lingering in the depths of the warmth that masked his face. Leaning forward he would tap the now charred contents of his pipe into the ashtray in the middle of the table. "Leave us." he would say casually without looking away from Kana. The hostess would quickly lock the front door & depart further back into the depths of the establishment. Now it was only the two individuals who remained.

"Tell me...by which name do you know me?" the Sage would ask the masked figure before him. Trying to discern more about the individual before him. It was a matter of little importance in truth. Should he really wish to know who she was all he needed to do was track her chakra. He could make the Snapshot here right now if he wanted too. But that would be unnecessary there were many who sort him out. But few had enough to lose in this village they came to him with their identity hidden. Which already slimmed down the variables when it came to backgrounds for the individual before him. He had come to three conclusions; the first being that she was as a member of a rival organization. Secondly she had connections to some of the more...inflexible members of the nobles within the city. Or she worked for the Anbu, if so she was here on personal matters. He doubted they would have sent only a single individual to apprehend him. There was a fourth option that she was an independent player in the game, but the evidence to support that was almost non existent.

After all he'd set up a vast enterprise within this village & as such had made it a point to make himself aware of the other players. Newcomers came in the plenty, but few had what it took to play in the big leagues. Akkuma had seen the rise & fall of Nations. Greater shinobi then he had fallen with the passage of time. But he remained, like a corruption upon the earth spreading his ideologies as he went. Recognizing no laws or rules but the ones he binds himself too.
"What is it you believe I can do for you?" he would ask as he downed the contents of his glass & poured some more. With a stretch he would lean back into the shadows of the booth once more. Igniting his pipes contents with a snap of his fingers, the light from the pipe only seeming to further add depth to the shadows surrounding the being.

MFT <~edited to add that, n errors

Last edited:

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sipping at the cup of sake she would allow the warm liquid to fill her pallet before swallowing. It burned and she didn't quite like the taste. After all, her taste buds hadn't had anything so bitter and revolting before. Though her expression would not change and she would smile as if it was the most pleasant thing in the world. How she truly despised alcohol in all forms, the smell was intolerable, and she couldn't help but think back to Juri. How that smell clung to her friend no matter the time of day and how the girl's sweat even wreaked of it. She would allow some time to get comfortable and was thoroughly surprised when the conversation moved as quickly forward as it did. Making sure that the store owners had vanished and after a few bites of food she would reply to the man.

"I've heard whispers of Akkuma, the Immortal Trickster. It's said making deals with you is like talking to the Devil himself. Though I imagine none before me were as prepared to deal with trickery. I'm not okay with what you do. However, I also don't see there being an end to this type of activity anytime soon. I'd rather help place in power a Devil I know than one I don't. What I ask for is quite simple. More power. I was led to believe you would be the foremost knowledge on some of the forbidden and dark arts that are so rampant within the Underground."

Kana would put her hands forward into a passive position on the table and slowly lift her left sleeve. Small stitches could be seen to how the woman's form had previously been altered. Nearly invisible except to the practiced eye. Moving further up she would reveal a tattoo with deep black ink, a seal Akkuma would immediately recognize. Allowing the fabric to drop once more she would finally lower her mask. Now when she spoke, it seemed serious instead of personable.

"I assume we can make a deal. I have quite a bit to offer, and I'd prefer if we remained on friendly terms."

The last part was a threat. An obvious but still meaningful threat. Down here if you did not signal your strength you would be walked over. The trickster would know this, so at the very least she had to put up a strong front. One she hoped there would be no need to enforce but a show of force needed to be given none the less. At this point she would nervously await the answer from the man sitting before her as a sweat began to form on her forehead beneath the mask. This could go any of a hundred different ways and while Kana's hands were both above the table in a friendly position, they could easily dart to her weapons in a flash. Ideally, it wouldn't come to that.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
A thin smile would spread across the Sages lips at the words spoken by this Ghost of Sunagakure. It seemed his reputation preceded him. "Well it's good to see my carefully crafted reputation has been upheld in my absence. Ah I see you walk a path all to familiar my dear, yes my younger self would've been a great asset to you in your current endeavors. But that was many years ago now & like this world I have changed a great deal. It is true there are few in this world that can attest to having the depth of knowledge & proficiency in the Arts as I do. I've certainly played a part in ensuring the sharing of such gifts with those who're willing to pay the costs." He would calmly say leaning closer to inspect the craftmanship that was the woman before him. Curious, how he would so enjoy getting a proper chance to investigate the work she'd had done but he doubted that she'd permit such actions in such a public place. When his gaze finally moved to her seal he chuckled. It had become quite apparent what she required his assistance with, at least in regards to the seal but he suspected she would want more from him if given the opportunity.

He raised an eyebrow as he listened to the words she spoke with a sudden seriousness. Akkuma let out a sinister laugh as he assessed the kunoichi before him. "
Death, mutilation, imprisonment..." with each word spoken by the Sage dark tendrils reached further out from his own shadow. They spread towards the masked woman & up the walls around them. Snuffing out the lights as they engulfed them in the unfathomable void that was his shadow. "I've seen villages rise & fall in my time. Death just doesn't seem to stick & not even the Anbu have managed to keep me contained. Do not presume to have the ability to demand anything from me..." his voice was colder now as he spoke all traces of warmth gone from it. His eyes held a malice & burning hunger for bloodshed as he held the masked individual in his gaze. All semblances of the human facade he masked himself with had faded away. Leaving only the Monster behind. Then all of a sudden his shadowy tendrils retreated back into the depths of his silhouette & the warmth filled smile was worn once more by the man before the Ghost.

"Now that we've gotten that out of the way...shall we continue?" he would ask the Ghost of Sunagakure. Once more wearing that trade mark casual smile, as if their little business negotiation wasn't on the verge of becoming an all out brawl. If Kana looked close enough at the Sage she would see his own body was littered in thousands of almost stitch-like scars. If the scar around his neck was anything to be believed the individual before her had even been decapitated. The closer she looked the more Hidden weapons she would notice in his attire. From blades hidden up his sleeve to the senbon hidden in the hem of his robe collar. "What is it you believe you can offer me? Unlike much of my competition I'm more then capable of protecting my assets from a Ghost." the Sage would state after all there was very little in this world he didn't possess. When it came to influence even some of the great Kage's had required his assistance & as such been forced into deals with the individual. When it came to protecting what was his there was no depth the Trickster wouldn't sink to in order to protect that which was his.

MFT

Nakamura Kana

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Fear. It is a feeling that prey feel when around a predator. It's an instinct that takes over telling you to flee or to stand, to fight. Every fiber in Kana's body was telling her to stand up and fight. She wasn't prey, in fact, quite the opposite. Everything started off as expected, but when the man showed his own sense of power she wanted to dash toward the man and show him her own strength. Kana knows better than to create chaos here and ruin her chances of considering this man an ally. Though the thought was ever present during his display. Biting on her lip beneath the mask, she would reposition herself allowing the man to see not a shred of fear sitting before him.

"I was not demanding anything. If i was, this would have been a very different conversation. I was looking to find your partnership and a mutually beneficial relationship. I have much to offer, between my ties within Anbu, and the sheer weight I can push around to topple pieces within the underground. Besides that, a pile of wealth to add to the hoard you've already begun creating."

With the friendly talk out of the way, Kana would stand up at this point. Dusting off any crumbs or bits that had fallen to her pristine robes. Making sure to rise to her full height, albeit still short in stature barely reaching above 5 feet. She would at least stand taller than the man while he sat and this was the purpose of her movement.

"If I leave here today under uncertain terms. You might find you're less capable of protecting your assets than you think. I did not want this to come to threats. I wanted this to be a business deal. A set of circumstances where we can aid each other in our goals. I do believe what I wish to garner from you is well within the realm of your capabilities. I also know, that even if your price was a debt in the future. I'd hold good to pay it. Name your price Devil. I need you, but you're not the only Shinobi with the capabilities I seek. Is it possible that we leave here shaking hands as allies instead of parting ways as enemies?"

Kana would take a step back at this point and allow the much older gentleman to think. She secretly hoped he made the easier choice, for a war with a titan is not what she imagined would take place from this meeting.

Miroku Akkuma

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
☆☆☆☆☆
Akkuma watched silently as the woman spoke, he chuckled at the words that she threatened him with. The sage had been in the game long enough to understand them better then any mortal he'd met. The shadows enveloped his form covering him in a living void. It spread out enveloping the entire establishment around them. "Well do try to at least make it interesting. Find me when you're willing to talk shop rather then make threats you can't keep." with those words he was gone. Nothing but some yen left upon the table beside his bowl as a sign that he'd been there. Outside the Sage sunk into the earth below them to make his departure.

He would investigate this Ghost more, perhaps he could take advantage of the work they'd accomplished. With a smirk he was thankful his first foray delving back into the game had not been something that would draw the attention of the hierarchy. Which reminded him it was overdue that he go make a formal introduction to a very specific individual. Perhaps that would have an outcome he could use to his benefit as well. Now he'd returned he needed to take care of a variety of things.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back