Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Diplomat's Son [Solo & Learning Bohemian]

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Today, our story began with Jomei trekking through the west-side highlands of the city. Thousands of steps chiseled out of mortar and stone took him on a journey through the expanses of the village he called home. The Hidden Stone was more like a metropolis, though. It was a city-state that served as the capital to a nation ready to begin the next industrial revolution. The Stone had at least five communities separated by elevation, blockaded by armed guards, and distanced by design. Jomei was on a day-long moving trip from the Ninja Academy. He was boarding there for the past year, but now it was back to his home on the seaboard side of the Diamond Complex. The condominium was hidden beneath a mountainside cliff facing the sea, and sat abandoned. As an underage student, Jomei lived as a pauper in a charade meant to build character. He took up a room at the Spartan Quarters; degenerated housing so bad that it was a step down from his housing as a slave. On the morning of Benjiro’s homecoming, the dean slipped an eviction letter under Jomei’s door.

Jomei’s boarding privileges expired. Expectations were for him to return to the small palace he reluctantly called home. And rather than web slinging, Jomei emptied the hourglass and chose to walk with his camera in hand. It was unlike him to wander all day, but today was a special occasion. His father Benjiro was finally coming home after a year spent on the Water Country Tundra.

It was past five by the time Jomei made it home. The sun had fled over the horizon and the sky was a rich with shades of blood orange by the moment Jomei approached his front doors. He had taken steep stairs chiseled from the stone of the mountainside. A smooth stone wall shielded Jomei from the onslaught of the updraft rolling in from the high seas. Estates like the one granted to the Matsui were like the gifts given to the village's elite. They were status symbols, and shells for the rich hermit crabs. They were also incredibly high and altitude and the perfect places to dump a body. You couldn't find anything in waters churning that violently below. You would have even more trouble just getting someone to dive in. At the doorstep a collection of dead plants began and spread around the property like the symbol of youth coming here to wither up and die. Jomei waited there for a moment like a visitor hesitant to knock; hesitant to find out what awaited him within.

A single rose was surviving with ragged petals in an otherwise barren pot, and Jomei plucked it. As the twig snapped, the doors to the estate swung open, revealing a tall and buxom maiden in the entrance. Golden tresses fell past shoulder length, and reflected gold in the sunset. Her complexion was immaculate and defied the laws of time. A corset and low-cut top pushed up her bosom into quite the display. My how his father had good taste in women, and the best of luck with them, too. Jomei first noticed how robust her biceps were with her rolled up sleeves. She was a tough-looking cookie with a stiff Jaw and some war wounds. “Ah! Zde je malý muž!” Her tone was warm and inviting, and she invited Jomei to cling to her bosom with a fiery hug. She was voluptuous, carefree at first glance, and joyful meet her new stepson. She must have been Benjiro’s newest conquest in love; another lovely girl, and this one was a stocky bohemian beer maid. Her tongue was harsh in nature, but was soothed by the sweetness of her attitude as she welcomed Jomei into the home. “Slyšel jsem o vás tolik ze svého otce, Jomei. Je hezké, že vás konečně poznávám.” She was talking about how nice it was to meet Jomei, but he couldn’t pretend to share her sentiment. She was a stranger, not even Yuri, the girlfriend Benjiro mentioned in the last letter he sent home. Regardless, Benjiro thought every new woman he dated was the love of his life. “Jsem Reon”. Her name was Reon.

“Je pěkné meet you, taky.” Jomei gave a pitiful reply and struggled to recite bohemian. A language barrier was slowly rising between him and his lovely new housemate, Reon. She merely laughed it off and followed Jomei into the Main Gallery. Reon was observant of her new son; watching his every move and absorbed his unique appearance. She marched behind him as he entered the palace and got a look at her handy work. In the single of day of their return, she had restored order the home. Every broken lamp was fixed, and each cobweb was cleared. Of course she didn’t dirty herself, but hired a small staff to come along each day. As if on cue, a young servant fell into the main hallway, struggling to carry a box of clothing marked with “Yuri” on it. He couldn’t have been older than Jomei, but was below the ninja class. He remained on his knees and looked up as the family members passed. The servant then resumed his clean up. “When did we start hiring servants to do our dirty work?” Jomei grunted below his breath. He crossed his arms into a shell like shape and sneered.

“When I came along” she replied sourly, “I reminded your father what it was like to have class, Jomei. It is my duty to add some culture to his life. To make him feel full and invigorated” Reon revealed her rougher language skills and speech in the common language. Reon’s common speech was even scarier than her Bohemian when she spoke... Just imagine a tough Russian accent. When speaking the common language, Reon’s attitude was a bit more abrasive. “He waits for you in the observatory. He is pissed.” Of course Reon already knew Benjiro’s temper. She stopped at the steps of the ocean view room: a curved hall leading to the observatory. It was a hollow room, painted starch white and fit to be a lounge. A chimney kept a dim fire that toasted the room comfortably. Refined glass paneling revealed the village gates and face of the sea below. At the opposite end of the room there was a curling steel staircase that led to the observatory; his father's study. From here Jomei would have to venture alone, like a hero outside of the boss battle. Reon stepped into the ocean view and took a seat on one of several cube-shaped stools. “Take a time if you need it, Jomei. Do not enter that room with a heated head.”

“Do you know what he's upset over?” Jomei looked to Reon for insight, but faced the horizon. He laid his eyes on the Hidden Stone’s mammoth brothers, which stood magnificently below. The view was nothing but an appeasing distraction. Benjiro was always disappointed with Jomei, so often that their relationship remained strained and distant. Yet in public, Benjiro did nothing but praise and promote his son as the future of the Matsui. Jomei looked to the new lover Benjiro had coerced, and wondered which story his father told her about his son.

“I do not” Reon admitted. “But do tell him that dinner is ready when you two finish. I have made the stew of beef meat.” In light of Reon's wisdom, Jomei continued to sulk for a moment and she accompanied him in silence until that familiar stern voice called out to him from above. "Ah ha! Shouldn't you be the one welcoming us home?"

[Entered Thread]​

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
A loud pop crackled from the lumber burning in the fireplace, snapping Jomei back to attention as if he had become lost in his thoughts. Jomei became alert, and nervous as Reon continued her attempt to examine him. Her presence wasn’t as warm and comforting as Jomei would’ve hoped for. She wasn’t motherly to say the least, and though she had manners, she had the kind of energy that made men lust-driven. It was something she wasn’t at fault for, but could you blame her for using such an advantage? Jomei was sure this relationship was just some advancement for a person like Reon. What did she see in an old Aristocrat like Benjiro besides this home on the hills? She couldn’t have been in it for the old money scrapped together to make the remains of the Matsui vault. Jomei’s home lacked the supposed fortune earned only generations ago, so she wasn’t in it to be rich or famous.

“Jdi, tvůj otec je čeká.” Reon suggested that Jomei not leave his father waiting for long and left his side, returning to her own activities through a sliding glass door. She left the doors open, remaining within an earshot of the meeting destined between father and son.

Jomei complied with the requests of his newest motherly figure, and went to see Benjiro in the Observatory. He stepped up a curving staircase at the furthest wall of the gallery, which led to the observatory; an almost empty room with a view even more stellar than the gallery below. However the observatory had walls who stood at a slanted angle, and glass panels tall enough to grant a full view of the night’s sky. Unlike the firelit gallery, Benjiro’s gallery felt frigid and unwelcoming, fit with cold blue tones and a strange emptiness. Small beacons of light hung from the walls; they were tinted slightly green and revealed Jomei’s father within his chamber.

“Well if it isn’t a sight for sore eyes. My boy.” Benjiro stood besides a large table and an open map. He was still the same old man Jomei remembered, and was much more excited to see his son than Jomei anticipated. He waved his open arms and welcomed his son into the observatory. “Look how much taller you’ve grown… and I almost didn’t recognize your voice when Reon answered the door.”

Jomei made nervous paces into the room. His father still towered over him, and made Jomei’s growth spurt feel insignificant. As they drew closer, he could feel his eyes making a visual pat down… Jomei had purchased a new cloak for today, and donned it stylishly, hoping to stave off the conversation about his mutation for as long as he could manage. The Matsui family members do not have extra appendages. “I have been on a steady training regiment at the academy, Dad. Did you hear that I graduated, too. I’m a real deal ninja now.” Jomei raised a hand to hold up the branded stone plate hanging around his neck like a badge of honor.

Benjiro’s eyes glanced low, and Jomei lowered his hand, back beneath his cover as if the room had dropped twelve degrees. Benjiro’s brow grew sterner. “Yes, the news of your graduation had been forwarded to me, you’ve made me proud, my son.” The father turned his sight onto the map on the table, and placed a marker on an obscure spot of land. “I was right about there when I got my last letter from the village. I heard you you joined the Main Branch; good news. Buuuuut I also heard about something else.”
“Oh man” Jomei huffed. Of course Benjiro knew.

“Take off the cape” the Father demanded.

“Do you think I could just keep it on, it’s kind of drafty-” Jomei fought him, but Benjiro was not accustomed to being denied. He slid forward with ease, and clinched a handful of his son’s collar before jerking back violently and flinging Jomei to the floor. The teen hit the hardwood and his body fall echoed. The cape was lifted over his collar, and was hoisted over Benjiro’s shoulder. All six limbs spread out across his son’s backside, and he collected himself instinctually. While the fall hadn’t hurt him physically, the act of brutality left Jomei feeling weak. He sat up but avoided eye contact, as if he were searching elsewhere for the fragments of shattered pride.

“You haven’t been afraid of running about, looking like a freak before… Why the change?” The Father finally released his frustration.
“I- I don’t know.” Amidst his emotion Jomei began to stutter and grow unsure of himself. “I can’t control this… I started changing, and when I couldn’t stop it I started getting used to it. I started to like it. But then I mutated... and became this.”

Jomei then flicked a wrist, a string of webbing ripped the cape away from Benjiro. Jomei bound himself, and began to rise to his feet. “But it’s not all bad, though. I’m like a Spider-Man now.”

“Really, son?”

“Really.”

“I knew a time would come when we’d figure out what kind of secrets were hidden in your genes, but I didn’t think you’d turn out to be a Hachiashi.”

Benjiro turned his attention to the map once more, this time pointing to the Water Nation, and the Hidden Mist Village. “Remember when we found you at the farm, and I adopted you? Typically, the wealthy don’t take on slaves; it’s just not worth the risk in our territory. When my squad found you, it was because your owner was trying to sell your kekkai genkai to one of our moles. Looks like you have Hachiashi connections, but I don't know what good it will do for you. You might even be the last Hachiashi.”​

Okada Kaji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Jomei listened to his father with utter dismay as Benjiro spoke of his son’s gift as if he had been dealt a losing hand. Jomei’s imagination began to run wild with speculations about the destiny of the spider clan. At first he presumed that they were victims of discrimination to the verge of extinction, but Jomei was too smart to settle on that thought for long.

“Then, what happened to the Hachiashi?” Jomei asked, hoping Benjiro would elaborate and provide whatever he defined as the true story. With so much authority to loom over his son, the Father exploited his knowledge to control the conversation. The mind game left Jomei resembling a prisoner to their topic. Benjiro continued to stand back in the shade of the observatory, seeming all the more evasive and cold.

Benjiro stood by idling, neglecting his son while his attention was focused on cataloged records from years of work. He browsed shelves containing the details of his ventures, all while Jomei awaited with crumbling patience. Why did his father make every interaction between them a painstaking one?

“You know, I’d like to think that things I’ve accomplish reflect on my character, a little. I’m a ninja. You can be honest with me. It’s not like I’m asking to reunite with my birth parents or something. I’m still loyal to the stone, I just want to know who- what I am.” The outburst was surprising, even to Benjiro as he finally averted his attention from the shelf, and locked eyes with his son. He arose from a crouching position like a viper rising before it strikes. His bones popped with age, almost with a rythm. In his hands was a spiral journal with thick leather-bound covers. The front had a masking-taped label that read Water Country Rail Line Expedition, Benjiro’s latest journey. “You already know exactly who you are... Look around this home you live in, and the village that surrounds it. Jomei of the Matsui family. My son, and heir to our family’s legacy.” The spiral book was cracked open, and the father flipped through for pages.

“Our legacy?” Another lesson from Papa Matsui wouldn’t be taken by Jomei tonight, not without a fight. This wasn’t how things would pick up after Benjiro was absent for so long. Jomei needed to be heard; he demanded this, and it was happening now. “Dad, you were the only member of our family to become a ninja. We come from fithly rich bankers who deserved what happened to them” We don’t have any family members within a hundred miles from us, and nothing to speak for ourselves but the head protectors we wear, and a house on the hills… where snobby aristocrats go to look down on our gutter of a village.”

“Tch!” Benjiro looked as if he had seen a ghost. A year oh angst had transformed his son, and this rebellious streak was more like daggers flying at the heart of the father. “My own son… Dishonoring me. You even speak ill of the Stone. Heresy.” His heart began to race with rage, pumping blood and fury through his veins. His senses grew sharp, and his eyes changed to a face Jomei had never seen from his Father before: the eyes of a killer. Unable to temper himself any longer; his presence swelled within the room, and chakra flowed like a frigid wind from his body and soul.

“His chakra... incredible” Jomei whispered under-breath.
“What the hell did I just get myself into?”

“When I brought you into my life, I swore an oath to protect you until you were old enough to be your own man… And I swore to guide you until you learned everything I could teach. I vowed to never bring you harm,” his anger leaked the true sorrow beneath. “but your words deserve punishment… Were you any other man, I would remove your power to stand for the things you’ve said.” He then tossed his record book aside, and began a stride across the room to his sword rack, where a collection of weapons lay in waiting. “As your Father, I’ve recognize that you require more discipline... A year’s worth, in one foul swoop.”

His rage began to calm into a focused form as he browsed the collection of weapons for his practice, and he chose two polished wooden katanas from the rack. One for himself, and one for-
“Let’s work this out the old fashioned way, since you’re a real shinobi now. I want to see how much attention you’ve paid in class…” He presented the hilt of the second wooden katana, yet Jomei hadn’t budged since Benjiro unleashed a glimpse of his power. “ I suggest you arm yourself.”

“Actually, I’ll pass on the sword” Jomei politely refused before all six of his hands slipped out from beneath his stone cloak, and every arm peeled the cloth back in a proud, unveiling display. “I already have all the arms I need.”

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back