Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Hanged Man [Open]

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Makise.Kurisu.600.895425.jpg
A while back Kitsune found a small piece of The Nightmare (A remnant of one of her gods) in the abandon mines of Iwagakure. The Nightmare promised Kitsune powers that of the dream walker. KItsune agrees to such powers and uses them sparingly. She knew she could gain more power through devouring a person's dream, but she restrained herself. Then after one incident she gave into temptation. Last night she invaded a dream of a Tsuchimikado and devours a peace of her psyche. It was delicious.

Now in the evening after she was preparing to use the powers she stole. Kitsune was a daughter of a fortune teller. Kitsune’s mother traveled over the world telling tales in rhyme whether it be songs of long ago or predictions of the future. Her mother taught her the ways of tarot; the meaning of the cards and how to channel one’s psyche energy. Kitsune’s prediction were not always that accurate, but it was mostly for show. Today however will be different for with the jutsu she has acquired, she is much more in tuned with the flow of time.

Kitsune sets up shop in a local inn called ‘The Hanged Man.’ She sits at a table close to the back with her crystal ball deck sitting on the table and waits for her first customer. When a man sits down at the table he asks if he should pursue a woman he likes. Kitsune takes a deep breath and her eyes suddenly goes white like that of a blind woman. This was no illusion, by sacrificing some of her chakra she made herself blind and able to see in other ways. It was not really necessary for the reading but it does wonders to attract business. Blind seers are a big selling point.

She shuffles the deck and uses her divination to draw a random card from the pile. She places The Tower card on the table. “I see great calamity if you continue down this path.” The guy was a little sadden by the prediction but pays her all the same. Now who would be next to sit at her table?

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
jsBz6Ea.jpg
Curiosity

He hadn't seen anything of the woman sitting at the other end of the inn he was meeting at with his usual group of copanions. It was another day of talking rumors and exchanging informations, which was easy to do at 'The Hanged Man', nobody asked to many questions here, as it wasn't shay in and of itself, but all kinds of different merhants and travelers came through here. He liked the atmosphere of it, simple as that. His converstions would have gone on like this for atleast another hour as he han't had time to meet the guys for a few days now, training and learning took a lot of time now that he was learning to become an ANBU.

The conversation came to a halt when somebody pointed out that there was a weird woman sitting in a corner, pretending to predict the future of people or whatever. Kuro knew it all was a fluke. Fortune telling or looking into someone's future or whatever you wanna call it, was at best flawed if it realy existed, futures could change, there was never a cetainty to anything, so he turned away from looking at her and tried to find out what the others were on about. To his his disapointment they were arguing who of them would get their fortune tod by the girl. Somehow however, they decided to want to rock-paper-scissors it out and whoever lost the most woul go and ask her about their future. Being dragged into it Kuro had to go along and by the third round it was clear that he in the end would have to go and approach her.

With a sigh he rose from his seat and went across the room towards the girl, all-the-while ignoring the others making fun of him. He watched the previous guy walk away as he approched the now empty chair to sit down. He put his hands together on the table and looked her in the eyes as if looking for any lies they woud tell, but only said, "I wanna have my fortune told, I am quite interested in what someone like me could have waiting for him." It sounded incredibly stupid to him, but some part of him was indeed interested in what would come out of this.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune may be blind at the given moment, but even she can see that this man did not come to her table by his own volition. At the time she made herself go blind, her ears became as sharp as those of a Hashigaki. She could hear the other members in his little group arguing who would go get their fortune told and not in a good way. Even now, she can hear them making jokes as the man sits down. Somehow she wonders if they even realize where they are right now. This inn was purposely named after a Tarot card and accord to some circles sits on a lay-line of spiritual energy. It was not uncommon to see fortune tellers here.

The man stares at her in the eyes. She however might not be showing the same courtesy. Her head was pointed at him and her eyes were centered, but still might be a little off from eye to eye. If it really mattered she can return her sight, if he requested. The man’s question of the future was very broad to say the least. She places the previous card back into the deck and shuffles. From the pile she draws a random card and if he watches carefully, he might notice the card bumps the cloth covering her mouth before being set flat on the table. If he was curious enough he could sniff at the card and smell a very faint scent of perfume on it.

The card she placed on the table was The Fool. "The Fool does not mean that the future can be taken lightly. The Fool is number zero. It is the void from which all other things begin. It is empty and yet it holds infinite potential within itself." In other words anything can happen. It was a broad answer to a broad question. “Well you did what you were forced to do. You can return to your wise cracking friends over there or we can continue on with some more specific questions.” Kitsune did not really feel like telling a person’s fortune who isn’t really interested in hearing it. “Just remember that I’m a fortune teller not an oracle. I see probabilities not guarantees.” Normal fortune tellers tell fortunes so that listener may change their future. In folklore an oracle’s prediction cannot be changed and sometimes the act of trying to change it causes it to happen.

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kuro didn't look at the card that was laid out before him as he was still looking at the girl. So the fool it was? He didn't really ponder the what she said, it was all worthless, empty tak about stuff he didn't need to hear. Empty and infinite potential? Well one of those seemed posibly true to him, but he didn't think of the 'potential' part. His eyes narrowed as she tried to get rid of him like he was a distracting insect. Oi oi, for a fortune teller you sure seem like an amateur. Or do you think I am stupid? Is that it? I'm truly a fool aren't I? He tapped on the table with a finger after he finished those almostz aggresive words. Even though I lost a bet, I decide when I want to leave and I was serious about getting to know about my future, afterall I am still here, but maybe you are just an imposter who lays out cards and makes them have sense by explaining somethings that sounds logical?" He paused as he didn't want to make her run off yet. He sat back up to a straight position as he thought of something to ask her, but he only found a question he thought was overrated and used far too much. "Then let's try again and I hope you answer me truthfully. WIll I ever find someone who will love me?" He asked it in a manner that eft open if he meant a lover or someone like a brother, but the longer he waited for an answer, the more he wanted to know it.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
The man acted quite offensive which was not to surprising considering the little fortune she just gave to him. Despite his angry words her false smile never left her face. She did not argue back or even say a word till the man said his piece. He said no words that she has not heard several times over. Being claimed as a charlatan is quite common among those who do this sort of reading. There are many who simply do not believe the future can be read and fervently have confidence in all of this is being fake. As a gypsy she is often called a crook. So often for her and her family were blamed for thievery and practicing of dark arts and because of this they were outcasts and no village wanted them to stay for very long. "Forgive me my dear, it seems I have offended you. I did not mean to put your intelligence in question.”

"Now that you have made your resolve quite clear, let us continue with the fortune telling."
Kitsune places the previous card back into the deck and shuffles. From the pile she draws a random card and this time it was The Hanged Man, the same card the inn was named after. "The Hanged Man." This card means: Sacrifice, letting go and a unique perspective. Kitsune takes a moment to interpret this card within confines of the question that was asked and believes it to serve as a guide post for him to find love. “You are holding on to something. Something from your past has marked you; something that has effected your heart. You must learn to let go before you can find love.” Hopefully this card would bring out a nicer response. True it does not exactly tell him yes or no, but the future is often not so simple and neither is love. At the very least he should appreciate that this prediction told far more enlightening than the previous one.

Kishinami Kou

Yen
ASP
Deaths
At the words of the woman and the cards she laid out Kuro stood up immediately, clenching his fists while leaning on the table. It wasn't like he wanted to leave right now, he just couldnt believe she actually mentioned his past, no matter if it was reading the future or luck. Marked by his past? How could he not be after what he went through? He gritt his teeth as he as trying to get what confused him to this extend. Was it the sudden nature of her answer? Or was he really that weak inside? Let go... if ony it would have been that easy, everytime he looked at himself he saw what was left on his body from the abuse his parents gave him. "I didn't expect that." He said eventuall, still in a bad mood. "You won, it made me atleast belive in something I guess, although I think it won't help me believe in finding love." He considered in sitting down again, but he wasn't prepared for another emotional ride and decided to push the cair closer to the table to leave with a hand gesture, not even paying attention to his friends. "HAve a nice day, fortune teller."

[topic left]

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
1351849818-1394991169.jpg

After the man left, Maru decided to step in to see if this fortuneteller could tell him something that he didn't know already. Most businesses like these were run by scam artist and swindlers, the boy went in expecting that he might not learn anything from the mysterious woman. When he came into the room, he saw the fortuneteller with the usual Crystal Ball in front of her. The boy honestly came in not knowing exactly what he wanted to ask her, nor if the woman did have psychic powers would she be able to withstand his demonic chakra without becoming a babbling mess. But he was here so why the hell not?

"Hello there, I'm here to know what is in store for me in the future.” The young shinobi said, walking over to the table to take his seat in front of the lady in front of him. There was something about this female that interested tto boy, perhaps she might not be all tricks and illusions. Maru wondered what should he asked now that he had the chance to ask whatever he wanted to know, there were do many things to ask but yet there's so little time to ask.

“I've honestly came in without a clue of what I may want to know about my fortune. Perhaps you can tell me some kind of unknown things about me that I will probably see as a weakness." Maru said, leaning in so he could catch every word of what the woman may say, putting both elbows on the table so he could rest his head upon his hands. His stare caught every breath, every moment of hair as he waited for the woman to say something. His fortune may not be a pretty picture, but he was willing to hear the woman out.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
After giving her prediction to the man he suddenly stands up thus jostling the table. Kitsune quickly places a hand on her Tarot deck as the table shakes from the man’s sudden movement. Though the pile of cards only held the major arcana and thus was smaller than the usually playing card deck, she would rather not have them scattered across the floor. This was her mother’s deck and she would hate to risk losing a card. The crystal ball however jump off its pillow, does a little bunny hop and rolls off the table. Luckily because the thing was made out of such thick glass, it didn’t leave a crack as it hits the wooden floor and rolls off. Kitsune loses track of the darn thing and returns her sight so she can see. With her vision she spots it rather quickly and goes to grab it.

By the time she comes back to the table another person was waiting for her. She places the crystal ball back onto its pillow and takes her seat. “Welcome.” His demonic aura did not do to much her and if she really wanted to see give off a demonic aura of her own. Kitsune listen to the student’s request and thinks she might do something a little different to better answer his question. So also realizes after the previous man’s fortune that it might be better to give a more one on one environment. With as request such as this boy's, it is probably best not to let others listen in. “So not so much telling of the future, but enlightening you about yourself. For such readings I would like to communicate with you in a more private fashion.” Maru would likely not have a clue what she was talking about and that was alright. “You will come to understand as we begin.”

Kitsune takes a deep breath and her eyes suddenly goes white like that of a blind woman's once again. This was no illusion, by sacrificing some of her chakra she made herself blind and able to see in other ways. It was not really necessary for the reading but it does wonders to attract business. She shuffles the deck and uses her divination to draw three random cards from the pile. She places each one faced up sitting next to each other.
the_em10.png
the_st10.png
death10.png
'This is your classic three card spread' Maru would hear her voice emanating from within his head. Depending on his reaction she may tell him to calm down. This was a use of a Yamanaka ability which she possess. 'Each card represent in order from left to right; past, present and future.'

Kitsune places a hand on the card on the far right from Maru’s stand point. In card reading the placement and orientation has meaning in accordance to the view point of the reader. 'The Emperor.' Kitsune makes a small pause for effect. 'Your father had a strong influence on your life. It is admirable to want to follow in your father’s foot steps, but remember that his path is not your own. You may have to stray from his example if you wish to surpass him.'

Kitsune moves to the next card. 'The Star' It was an interesting card for talking about weaknesses. 'You are an artist; a true artist. You are not some boy drawing stick figures, but one that creates real works of beauty. As a weakness I believe that it may have become an obsession of yours.'

Finally Kitsune goes onto the last card which looks the most foreboding. 'Death' KItsune raises her other hand as in to tell Maru to stop. 'Do not let the name fool you for it rarely means someone’s demise. It is a change or transformation; a transition from one chapter to the next. I do know if it is for better or worse, but I see change in your future.'

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
tumblr_myqyu98pvi1r92q67o1_500.png

When the woman welcomed him in, she would go on about Maru wanting to enlighten himself on what he wanted to know about… himself! She went on to tell him about doing this reading in a more private setting, Maru raised his hand and scratched the side of his head. Clueless of whether they were going to some secret private room for their reading, Maru will come to understand that the woman had a different method in mind for his reading. So Maru sat back, watching the fortuneteller taking a deep breath to see his her eyes go white as if she was blind. The boy was amazed that the woman was even able to pick up the deck of cards and shuffle them, nor did he expected her to set the cards so neatly along the table.

'This is your classic three card spread' Maru heard a voice in his head and he nearly jumped out of his skin. Maru honestly thought that he was losing his mind but the woman told Maru not to panic, so the boy kept his cool hearing what the woman had to say. The first card The Emperor seemed about correct, the boy did indeed learn a lot from his mortal father before he passed away about making other people suffer the way they seek for you to suffer, a simple eye for an eye lesson along with carrying darkness in your heart. However, if he wanted to surpass him he had to stray from what he taught him according to the fortuneteller.

Then she would explain that he was an artist that creates works of real beauty. When he thought of that he began thinking of his dolls, which made him smile a bit. Of course that little ego boost was followed with his obsession with his dolls was his greatest weakness. This was shown in his tutoring session when he had to strike his favorite doll from his collection and froze up, that smile he had was now gone, replaced with an irritated glare.

Then the final card was read to him, which was the card of death… At first he expected to hear that he'll die if he continued on the path he was going, but he was very much mistaken when he learned that this meant that there was a change coming to his life, being good or bad. However there wasn't much detail in that explanation of what that change was so he decided to push the woman in telling him more. He decided to just think it to himself, thinking that the woman may will hear him, but if not then there will be a long drawn out silence between them at this point. ‘So can you give me a hint on what that change may be?’ Maru thought looking off to the side having one last question he really wanted answered but was a bit embarrassed to say it out loud ‘Also there's some girl who people look at as not being real, imaginary in a way despite having a physical body in this world… Should I pursue bringing her into reality?’ Maru thought, not giving the woman too much detail on about what he wanted to bring into reality, needless to say that he really wanted to bring his doll to life.

Ryu Hime

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Questions, there were always questions. The fortune is never clear and it made interpenetrating it all the more difficult. However she believe he might have answered his own question. Kitsune looks towards the crystal ball despite being blind. ‘I see a cup. An empty chalice waiting to be filled. It is your destiny to attempt to fill this glass. Whether you succeed or fail will determine how your life is changed. That is all I can tell you.’ See saw great thing to come from this boy.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Now that all of his questions had been answered the boy got up from his seat from in front of the lady. “Alright I think all my questions had been answered lady, thanks for the reading.” The boy said, moving toward the door. So far he learned that his father had a big impact on his life, that he was an artist and that great change was coming whether it be good or bad. Also that there was an empty chalice in his life that needed to be filled, he honestly had more questions for the lady but of course if he did stick around he'd have a lot more questions he'd want to ask. Before he finally left he paused at the door, then look back at the woman

“I think I'll be seeing you again very soon, catch you later!” The boy said, and with that he was gone leaving the fortuneteller rather satisfied. He came there know about himself, and learned about himself he did. But there was still that question of what was the change that was about to come to his life. Will he go further into the darkness or will he actually allow the people around him pull him away from the abyss to become more like a man than a demon. Only life will tell, so the boy held his head up and walked off into the road.

[Maru Has Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back