Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Headmaster's Office

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Sitting in his chair the man tapped his finger against the desk. He currently had no paperwork to do and didn’t hear any commotions in the Academy halls. Taking a sip of tea he smoothed his moustache and waited for a student to come ask for guidance from his many years as a shinobi and educator.

(OoC: Open to pop in and meet the Headmaster or ask questions about anything related to life at the academy or graduation
*Note this is optional for academy students since in truth you could hear the requirements from any teacher, other students, or anyone who's been through the academy lately since it's not a secret, it's mostly for flavor if you'd like to meet the Headmaster*)

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]The beginning of something awesome[/size]"]Chi was scheduled to start her classes soon, and her parents couldn’t wait. She was driving them up the walls with her excessive destruction and hiding of any and all things green. In fact, that was the main reason she was there at the academy on this day. Her parents had enough, so they told Chi that she needed to go to the academy and talk to the headmaster after the academy and what the graduation requirements were. In truth, they didn’t care, they were just trying to get her out of the house long enough to clean up.
"Hello?" As always Chi didn't think before doing and once she found the door to his office she opened the door without so much as a knock. "Headmaster person sir guy?" She stuck a finger to her bottom lip and pulled it down as she entered, as it was something that she did when thinking. She wasn't sure what to expect so she was trying to expect anything and everything…[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC:169[/size]"][/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The man raised an eyebrow as his door opened and a young lady walked in. Between her confusion of who she would find and her lower lip he put down his tea. "You are correct as the sign outside the door states I am the Headmaster of the Academy. Did you have a question for me or did you get something caught in your mouth and you'd like to know where the nurse's office is?" he stated as she entered. Standing he would offer a chair if she had questions for him, otherwise he would direct her to the nurse's office possibly a prank of some sort had befallen her.

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]The beginning of something awesome[/size]"]She didn't know what he meant when he asked about her possibly having something caught in her mouth. She didn't realize she did the thing with her finger on her bottom lip. She hummed a bit as she took a seat, still pondering on what she would say. In fact, she just sat there for a moment in silence looking at the headmaster and then looking away again before repeating the process.
"Oh, right, my name is Chi of the Kogane clan. I've been signed up for the academy and I'm going to be starting soon. My parents said I should come talk to you about, uhm, graduation requirements? Anything I need to know about what I need to pass and whatnot." She put on a smile and placed her hands in her lap. She seemed proud of herself for some reason, like she had just accomplished something magnificent.
"I'm going to become strong and make my family proud, as well as the village, and even other villages will talk about me!"[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC:172 [/size]"][/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The older man sat after the young lady did taking the offered chair He wondered a bit when she hummed and fell silent to look at him to say something then away and then back again. Finally when she did get out what she was thinking about the Headmaster seemed slightly relieved. At least he knew she somewhat okay if she had had a concussion she would have sounded a bit off.

"Before requesting an exam for gradution you'll need to complete and pass five courses, three of which cover basic ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu principles and or theory overviews. The others will be over something your interested in learning about. While the three primary requirement classes will be constantly offered the special request classes will take longer since a profiecient instructor and coursework will need to be created for the class. All classes could be signed up for at the message board in the hallway. Apart from these classes at least one successfully completed mission needs to be done though the Embassy. Once these are done and you feel you're ready to graduate simply request an exam and a records review by faculty will take place, any quesions they have can be answered before your practical, which is a demostration of your choice to show ccompetency with somethin you've learned at the Academy, usually just a jutsu being used." he stated and waited to see if she unnderstood, "Anything else Miss Kogane?" he add.

(OoC: Pass at least 5 classes, do at least one mission, have a power level of 200+, be able to use a jutsu you meet the requirements for since you're working towards D Rank or a shinobi skill. Although cooking is a benificial skill to ave do not try and bake muffins for your demonstration if you'd like to pass.)

Chikara

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[legend="[size=4]The beginning of something awesome[/size]"]"oohhh…" Once again she unconsciously brought her finger to her bottom lip as she processed the information. It was a lot to take in for her, at least she may have felt that way. She understood what she was being told but her mind wouldn't let her know that she understood. "That sounds cool, I'm not really sure what I'm interested in specifically yet, but I guess the academy is the time to figure that out, right?" She gave him a smile and stood up from the chair.
"Alrighty then, the next time you see me I'm going to be a genin! Or, maybe not…. But, at some point in the future, when you see me, I will be a genin!" She giggled and went to run out of the room. She had what she needed, though it didn't take her nearly as long as her parents thought it would take.[/legend]
[legend="[size=4]OOC; WC:151; [topic left unless stopped][/size]"]Thank you~[/legend]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The Headmaster just watched and listened. He debated the move that had been pushed to have students actually think of what they wanted to train in besides the basics as specializations. Force feeding students what specifically to specialize in seemed to work well for the most part in the past from his perspective. There was a high yield of people who took to the method while others simply quit the job unable to learn or understand rigid requirements. Granted metrics and audits over the years had shown competency in core skills were not as high due to this and realization all shinobi were not equal in skill sets but varied depending on the individual. Modifying what core skills were actually defined as and accepting that they were different between shinobi though change the metrics and exploded a different paradigm in teaching paths and mentoring. This was also a push from feedback since after life at academy several younger low level genin were unsure on what to train being force feed what to do for so long at the academy. They spent downtime from missions and personal time training in everything which had been proven to be a waste of time if they'd never use the skills or had an inability to learn them. The young lady was gone just as quickly as had come it seemed.

The man looked at his cup of tea and picked it up taking another sip. This was school life.

(OoC: No worries welcome to the academy life.)

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
It was early in the afternoon, Kurai ran upstairs and headed toward his the exit of his father's home. Just before he fully turned the doorknob and pushed it open, his grandmother stopped him.

"Hisan! You have a letter of invitation! And you will comply!" His grandmother threw an envelope to his feet.

Kurai picked up the letter and stared at his grandmother with a sour face. He busted out the door and ran down the road. Kurai opened up his letter to see that the shinobi academy of Iwakagure was taking students. For the first time in over two years, Kurai smiled. He ran as quickly as he could to the location marked in his letter.

A few minutes later...
Kurai arrived at the academy. He walked inside, without the slightest appearance of joy. He also did not look unappreciative, he just had a blank look on his face. Upon wandering the hallways, Kurai finally found a door with "The Headmaster's Office" embedded into it. Kurai entered the room cautiously.

"Greetings, Headmaster. I am Fushichou Kurai." Kurai paused for a second but began speaking again before the Headmaster could answer. "I've received your invitation. I've come to learn." Kurai said in a very monotone voice.
"I have two questions. I'd like to know what you require of me in order for me to wear a headband protector of the Iwagakure and, when may I begin?"

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurai would see a man looking at a report by the window stretching probably from sitting for too long. Craning his neck slightly to look at the boy he’d raise an eyebrow until the boy stated who he was and why he was there. Coming back to his desk he'd put the paper face down and cleared his throat.

”Currently you’ll need to complete five classes with a pass, three of them will be overviews on the basics Genjutsu 101, Ninjutsu 101, and Taijutsu 101. The other two will be specialization classes, it’s up to you to request what their subject will be. This is done to get you to think for yourself what you need to learn and since it’s something you’d pick out yourself hopefully you’ll pick something you’re interested in enough to pay attention enough to pass these addition courses. You’ll also be required to complete a mission successfully through the Embassy. Once you complete these and feel you’re ready you’ll need to request an exam so a records review can be scheduled. You’ll be requested to perform at a practical showing the use of a jutsu technique or a demonstration of skill to show competency with something you’ve learned such as stealth, poison usage, and such. Since you know everything you’ll need to know to graduate once you find the Message Board to get your first class you may begin, for the most part you can start as soon as you leave… Welcome to the Acadmy Master Kurai. Good Day.” the Headmaster stated.

He’d wait to see if the boy had any questions if not he’d look towards the door to let the boy he was dismissed.

(OoC: Pass at least 5 classes, do at least one mission, have a power level of 200+, be able to use a jutsu you meet the requirements for since you're working towards D Rank or a shinobi skill. Although cooking is a beneficial skill to have do not try and bake muffins for your demonstration if you'd like to pass.)

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurai said nothing more. As the Head Master completed his speech to the young boy, he gave a full bow to his superior and walked out back into the hallways.

[Exit]

Fushichou Kurai

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Kurai walked straight into the Head Master's office and went straight for the board that had the markers hanging from it. There were many markers available. However, they were divided into sections labeled: Ninjutsu Taijutsu Genjutsu. Kurai gave a dead stare to the Head Master and then glanced back over to the board.

"I forgot a marker sir". Kurai said slowly, reaching for the brown marker under Ninjutsu.

Kurai took the brown, stony marker and held a tight grip onto it with his left hand. He stared down at the marker, it had an unusual feel to it and somewhat gave off a slight chakra into his hand. Kurai looked back at the head master and bowed.

"I'll take my leave now master, good day". Kurai walked back towards the Ninjutsu class he had just left.

This marker feels, weird. I feel, more capable with my chakra than without it. It obviously isn't just a regular marker. I wonder what is it...

[Exit]

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Watching the boy reenter his office and let him know what he was doing the Headmaster put down the report he was reading and followed him out a few minutes later.

Do students think I'm in charge of the Message Board now? he thought to himself looking up and down the hall. Going back into his office he got the black sheet of paper and attached it to the board.

Satisfied with his work he'd mutter to himself. "I'm not in charge of the board... I just like making sure it looks tidy." he's comment before going to make himself a fresh pot of tea in his office.

Harumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Walking down the hallway of the academy gave Harumi a sense of belonging, she'd enrolled and got accepted,now she'd even have friends, maybe. She didn't know anyone in the village as of yet, but that was going to change once her classes started. She pushed the thought to the back of her mind for a later date, she'd cross that bridge we she got there. Scanning the doors and signs accompanying them, she was searching for the Headmaster's office. She needed to visit him and ask about her classes and graduation to genin. She scampered up and down the seemingly endless hallways, she soon realized she was skipping, with glee and excitement. She was going to be a kunoichi of the Hidden Stone! She stopped at a door labeled "Headmaster's Office" she took a deep breath and opened the door.

"Hello sir, I am Yujiro Harumi! Soon-to-be shinobi of the Hidden Stone!" She shouted nervously.

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The headmaster stopped what he was doing but the sudden impromptu introduction. At the beginning of a term this always seemed to happen. He studied the girl, it was a treat he now did unconsciously. His gaze took in her clothes, posture, where she stood when she opened the door, level of cleanliness. He couldn’t stop it himself since he did it too often to so many different students as they walked into his office or by his view. Clearing his throat and standing he address the young girl as he smoothed the jacket he wore.

”Hello Miss Harumi, welcome to the Academy. As you probably figured out from the door I’m the Headmaster, that title or Sir is fine to address me. What can I assist you with?” he stated moving with an open hand toward a chair.

All students are different, do no judge, make assumptions and only deal with the problems they request help with. he reminded himself mentally. Prying into the personal lives of students wasn’t something educators needed to take seriously. After a certain point they might have to intervene but there was a point at which one crossed the line.

(OoC: Sorry for the wait, been running around.)

Harumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After the rush of Harumi busting in to the room, she had to take a moment to breath and let out the pinned up emotions she'd been feeling since coming to Mairuishi. Once she'd composed herself she took in the details of the room in a moment, the older man who was the headmaster stood of to the side with a cup of tea, the rest of the room was what one would expect of an office. Harumi looked nervously towards the headmaster, but quickly put on a look of confidence. She stuttered at first, then she regained her composure.

"Ah, yes sir, I was just wondering what it is exactly I have to do to graduate and become a genin?" Harumi asked.

(OOC: No problem, it's understandable)

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
After listening to the young lady’s request the man nodded, ”That’s an easy enough request to answer. he stated before his hands moved behind his back staring at the girl.

"Before requesting an exam for graduation you'll need to complete and pass five courses, three of which cover basic ninjutsu, taijutsu, and genjutsu principles and or theory overviews. The others will be over something your interested in learning about. While the three primary requirement classes will be constantly offered the special request classes will take longer since a proficient instructor and coursework will need to be created for the class. All classes could be signed up for at the message board in the hallway. Apart from these classes at least one successfully completed mission needs to be done though the Embassy. Once these are done and you feel you're ready to graduate simply request an exam and a records review by faculty will take place, any questions they have can be answered before your practical, which is a demonstration of your choice to show competency with something you've learned at the Academy, usually just a jutsu being used." he stated and waited to see if she understood, "Anything else Miss Harumi?" he add.

(OoC: Pass at least 5 classes, do at least one mission, have a power level of 200+, be able to use a jutsu you meet the requirements for since you're working towards D Rank or a shinobi skill. Although cooking is a beneficial skill to have do not try and bake cupcakes for your demonstration if you'd like to pass.)

Harumi

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Uhh...no sir, that was about it, except I'd like to thank you for allowing me to attend this academy" Harumi said to the old man.

Harumi racked her brain for any other questions she could possibly come up with, but when she couldn't find any she bid the head master goodbye and turned to leave the room. Once she was in the safety and silence of the hallway, she exhaled. She'd probably made that situation 10x more stressful than it really was, but nonetheless it was through. She walked towards the exit, happy and sure her academy life was going to be fine.

(Topic Left)​

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
It was early in the morning, the sun had barely begun to rise. 5:00 A.M. Time to get up. Sabaku thought to himself. He got out of bed promptly and begun to dress himself for school. Moments after fully dressing Sabaku's father walks into his room. Up already Sabbaku? Asked his father. Yes sir, one can never be to early. Sabaku replied. You know son, there is a difference between being prompt and being excessive... Yes I know father, im merely making sure I have everything I need for the first at the academy.Well, at least make sure you have a good breakfast and tell your mother goodbye.Yes sir. Sabaku gathered his things and left the room making his way to the kitchen and prepared his meal. Ready already dear? Sabaku's mother asked as she entered the room. Yes mother, you know me. I always try to make it a priority to never be late. Well, you have a wonderful first day sweety! She gave him a kiss on the cheek and left. I should be going now. Sabaku thought, and then he left to go the academy.

Upon arriving at the academy he stopped for a moment, taking it all in...This....this is the moment my life begins. He thought to himself. Sabaku proceeded to make his way through the halls searching for the Headmasters office. Stopping a moment to ask a fellow student for directions, She giggled and stuck her finger in her mouth and pointed with the other hand in the other direction. She quickly ran off, obviously making her way to a class. Sabaku arrived at the headmasters door, he was about to enter when he heard someone was already in there talking to the headmaster. Must be another student, I should wait outside until their meeting has concluded. So there he stood just outside the headmaster's office patiently waiting his turn to speak with the man that would help make his dreams come true.

[OOC] MFT-WC 334

Kamaru

Yen
ASP
Deaths
(OoC: Not sure if you were referring to Kurokawa Masaki’s post which is in a different thread. I'll fiat it's someone else.)

The door opened and a student quickly left not looking back as the door was pulled shut swinging closed slowly as they bypassed Sabaku with a sidestep not bothering to make eye contact or look in his direction. Were they upset or just late for class?

In the few moments that followed the young boy would be refocused by a voice booming from inside to make it through the door before it fully closed. ”I’m free for whoever is outside. You may enter when you’re ready.” came a voice through the door. It seemed to be the voice of someone older, clear and use to yelling or barking out orders. Stern would be something else to describe it granted anyone who knew of the Academy in the past few decades knew of the man on the other side. The nicknames were few but the man and his presence spoke for himself. Once the door was opened Sabaku would see a hand with his fingertips touching as he sat staring at the boy. Standing the man would offer Sabaku a seat in front of his desk. Some students came to talk while others just had a quick question. He’d always seemed to offer a chair to anyone coming in.

Kaen

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
(OoC: yea sorry, didn't realize there was a page two until it was two late, thought that Harumi was still in there, sorry)

Sabaku, Half startled by the booming voice, quickly gathered his courage and proceeded through the door. Seeing the chair being offered he immediately took it. The chair felt slightly uncomfortable but he maintained composure as he Blurted out in a almost exited voice, Thank you sir, I am Sabaku. My parents informed me that it might be a good idea to seek you out and find out what it means to be a student at this academy and what is required of me to become a real shinobi.

Thinking to himself, Wow...what a huge mustache...

Just as he finished the thought, there was a poof of smoke. A white snake appeared and spit out a scroll for him.

What is this? A note for me? Better read it after i'm done talking to the headmaster...

Quickly pocketing the note he turned back to the headmaster as if nothing had happened, I can assure you sir that I will not disappoint, I know I will become a great shinobi for our village!

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back