Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The hunt for Shroooooms! [Open]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The mushrooms were cool underneath his fingertips as he freed them from the base of the large Oak tree. Shaking them gently to dislodge the dirt, the ‘young’ med-nin placed the prized ingredients into a large brown leather satchel that hang over his shoulder.

“Only a couple more to go Mikki. Then we can leave this place”.

His earstwhile companion, a small wooden puppet named, for some unknown reason, Mikki, limply hung out of one of the many pockets on the satchel, not saying a word.

“No its not pretty. Its damp and cold, and smells like... well… like wet wood,” the white haired shinobi muttered. Standing up, Migoya brushed off the dirt from his blue-clad knees and stood. He wore the traditional Konoha shinobi attire, although this was accompanied by an oversized brown robe, open at the front, which now seemed dirtier than it should. His white hair was messy – he didn’t bother trying to tame that beast when he was gathering ingredients. After all, who would see him out here?

Migoya’s keen crimson eyes scanned the forest floor, looking for more mushrooms. Annoyed at not finding any, he slumped a bit in his gait and started to slowly wander, kicking loose earth from the ground. He might have looked in his early 20s, but his attitude was rather childish to say the least.

A noise quickly brought him out of his childish outburst, and the one loose med-nin seemed to raise his hackles, preparing for whatever was coming towards him.

“Identify yourself”, he muttered, a stray hand reaching towards Mikki as his gaze wandered around the forest. "I... I mean. Please identify yourself."

MFT W/C: 267

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The cool breeze rustled the fabric of his black ninja attire as he moved through the trees. His getup was rather on the nose for a shinobi being as it was a simple black getup the kind read about in stories but it was loose fitting and comfortable so he never bothered with anything more elaborate. Besides, he was out for a walk and to get a bit of exercise so he should be dressed appropriately. It is good to be out and about, I spend too much time inside these days.

He felt young again as he lept from branch to branch. Not that he looked old or ever really suffered from his age, Doku was elderly only by numbers but he often acted his age so it felt good to let go for a little bit.

“Identify yourself” came a call from nearby, Doku stopped moving and listened. "I... I mean. Please identify yourself."

Curious, I seem to have startled someone... someone with keen enough hearing to notice my passing. Dropping from his perch Doku allowed himself to land on a twig, the crunch of the wood snapping beneath his weight signalling his location to the young man now in front of him. His hand ran absently through his own white hair, the mirror of the other boys own, as he removed a stray leaf and smiled. "My name is Doku, it is a pleasure to meet you." The leaf now tossed to the side Doku extended his hand in greeting to the boy.

Word Count: 256

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya had not been wrong to suspect that someone was near. The slight noise caused him to become paranoid – after all, that was what kept him alive. A man in black gracefully lept to the ground, his foot snapping a twig purposefully. Good. I do not seem a threat

Migoya gave a quick and awkward bow, causing the puppet in his satchel to become loose.

Migoya gave a wide smile towards this ‘Doku’ as the man extended his hand and introduced himself. Migoya looked down at his own hands, covered with dirt, and tried in vain to wipe them on his dirty brown robe. It only made things worse.

“Sorry for the rude… I mean. This forest has always been pretty scary. I remember when I did the Chuunin exams here a while ago – that year 13 of us didn’t come out”, he said with a hint of sadness.

6 were because of me.

His crimson gaze seemed to take measure of the figure in front of him. Wearing a simple black gi, sported by white hair (so cool nowadays), he seemed to be somewhat of a skilled shinobi, given his form. His face however is what caused Migoya a measure of pause.

He is… he is so familiar…

Putting on an embarrassed smile he held his dirty hand up for Doku to see. “Um – its probably best I wash that first”, he said with a chuckle. “So Doku-san, was it? Im Migoya, you can call me, err, Migoya. What brings you into this forest of doom?”

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The boy wiped his grimy hand upon his clothing which Doku now noted was the attire of a Konoha shinobi hidden beneath a dirty brown robe. He wasn't surprised considering their locale but he still felt that there was something more to them. He listened intently as Migoya, that was how he had introduced himself, prattled on.

"Thirteen dead in your exam? I don't recall that many deaths happening in a Chuunin exam for a very long time, there were zero in mine." commented Doku. Because I technically never took the Chuunin exams.

"I digress though, you asked a question and it would be rude of me to ignore it. I came to this forest for a run, I get so very little exercise in my old age that I like to really let go when I do and this place is perfect for that." he smiled as he talked, normally his expressions would be covered by a mask as was required of the ANBU but he had forgone it today as he was not on duty. Instead his youthful features stood in direct contrast to his words, though to those that looked carefully they would notice that his hair was white with age and his eyes, though now a dull grey, might once have been a vibrant blue...

"Now that I have answered your question though perhaps you will answer mine? he enquired politely. "Are those shrooms edible?" pointing to the large brown leather satchel that hung loosely over Migoya's shoulder.

Word Count: 252

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya gave a brief shrug towards Doku as the man spoke.

Well... it was 50 odd years ago. During the time when shinobi were made to fight, not have emotional outbursts of teenage angst...

Migoya continued to nod politely, listening to Doku's words... Old age... what is he talking about. Doku's words seemed to prompt Migoya to look more closely at him, casting on his judgemental gaze. Could he be like me? No - those eyes, and his hair... . Still it was impossible for Migoya to guess at his age based on those tells alone, but it made this 'Doku' all the more interesting. A patchwork quilt of information to be sure.

A question was posed - a lot more... easier to answer than what Migoya was expecting, but perhaps he could probe a bit... settle his own concerns about this shinobi.

"These? Psilocybe cubensis its called. You can eat it, but it’s not too tasty. I’m actually collecting it for, well, my brother who I just found out is alive - it's his favourite tea. It’s pretty hard to find around here, so I consider myself lucky. And not just about the tea”,
he added with a grin, reaching into his satchel to pull out one of the mushrooms. Accidentally, Mikki the puppet fell to the ground, and Migoya feind ignorance.

“My brother you see was once an ANBU, and, well, they don’t have an easy life I can imagine. Skulking, lying, acting mysterious - It’s all rather exhausting don’t you think? Anyway, this particular blend, if treated properly, helps sooth the mind and makes it easier to meditate. He used to drink this, and then ramble on about this and that, acting like he was full of wisdom. Only thing he was full of was himself”
, Migoya laughed. It was untrue of course - Yong certainly had his demons, and any wisdom he shared was from the place where all true wisdom comes from. Experience.

“As for you being old… hells, I’ve seen Genin with less spring in their step”, Migoya chuckled. “So, Doku-san, Doku… Doku… an unusual name indeed. I remember a Doku, from years ago, but… perhaps you are his son? Lanky boy he was, hung around with a know-all called Hisao. Mind you that was some time ago.”

Migoya still held the fungus in his hand. He had shared information, perhaps too much information, but when fishing one had to use bait. If the fish was caught, all the better, but if it snapped the line, well… one simply blew poisonous mushrooms into their eyes, followed by a kunai. If it came to that of course.

Fun.

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
I am being lied too...

Not about everything mind you, just a few details here and there. The question about the mushroom had been a probing one, he didn't know it's name but he new what was poison and what was not as that was one of his families specialties. But it really did seem like he knew him... and was he talking about Yong?

"I will take that as a compliment Migoya san, I may not look old but I feel it at times. And I will tell Hisao you called him a know it all, it might even get a rise out of him." he chuckled though only briefly before the stern look returned to his face. "Who are you really though? I don't remember ever meeting an Albino before though it is a big village. Yet you talk as if you know me."

Doku's shifted his weight onto his back foot as he unconsciously began to ready himself, he was perhaps being more aggressive than he had a right to be but if this person was a spy using what knowledge he had gleaned to in some way ingratiate himself then it was job to find out. He is wearing a Chuunin vest and a Konoha headband though, so maybe not a spy?

[Word Count: 217]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya's gaze lingered on Doku's form, taking in all the subtle movements and especially the intentional attempts at hiding those movements. He is highly skilled... a worthy heart to add to my collection perhaps? But he can tell... he can see through my lies...

Migoya snorted with derision at Doku's comment. So he is... well was Yongs pupil after all. A loose end to tie. A pity, but at least it will be fun.

"Gee thanks. An albino - such an apt description. Did you learn that in ANBU class Doku-san?"
Migoya sneered as he sat down on a nearby exposed tree root, any pretence at being the 'kind young man' disappearing as if taking off a mask. "I suppose age does addle the mind, if not the skin... What has it been - 45 years since we last met? 46? Two youngsters listening to every word he said. I used to hear how wonderful yours and Hisao's training was going. Until he left that is".

Migoya placed his face into his hands for a brief second, before dragging his face upwards to show two crimson orbs, peeking over his palms. His face was marked by dirt, intermingled with the poisonous mushroom, looking like war paint.

"And I wonder why he left... why you two didn't stop him... Ive always wondered that. Ive wondered why you didn't search for him... search for him as I would have, but couldn't. You had the resources, but you didn't look. Why Doku-san, why?"

The hands left the face, showing a wry smirk. He had seen the slight back step of Doku's - a defensive stance in preparation for a battle.

"I will tell you why Doku-san. Because you didn't care about him. You wanted to be ANBU. But here is a secret... I do care about him. And he is alive... and I will NOT let his memory be tarnished by his ungrateful pupils!"

Almost too quickly Migoya would cross his arms, causing two puppets to leap from out of the ground either side of Doku, whilst Myakashi Migoya disappeared into the forest.

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Apparently this was a sensitive subject. Doku didn't remember him but it certainly seemed that Migoya knew his sensei and was perhaps indeed his brother. The attack was sudden but not altogether unexpected, what he had not foreseen was the puppets bursting from the ground. They came close to skewering him with their attacks but his Kekkei Genkai served him well as bones burst forth from his body to receive the blows and deflect them away from their intended targets.

"You may not believe it but I do care about him, and he left me and Hisao to suffer the consequences of his actions." He quickly scanned the forest for his opponent but finding not even the slightest of hints to his location continued to talk. "But we would never have been allowed to look for him despite our own desires. Though I have seen him since and he does not accuse us like you do."

Doku moved his focus on the puppet on his right and with a flick of his hand a bone blade protruded from his palm as he moved to run it through much as it had tried to do to him mere moments before.

[Word Count: 201]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya paused for a quick second, hiding as it were amongst the forest floor. Doku's words seemed... genuine, but it could still be a ploy.

Doku's thrust found its target, but this was no puppet, rather Migoya himself who had apparently switched with his beloved creation. The blade bit deep into his stomach, sinking into yielding flesh and undoubtedly causing a mortal wound. Migoya reached over to place a pale hand on Doku's shoulder, their eyes meeting as Migoya's face squirmed in agony, his teeth clenched. Once their faces were close, the pain seemed to slip of Migoya's face, replaced with a smirk.

"You speak of consequences Doku-san. There are always consequences to our actions.", Migoya said coldly, his voice taking on a measure of authority as he continued to look into Doku's eyes.

It was then that Doku, a master of bloodletting would realise that the vicious stomach wound, so expertly done, was not bleeding. Rather, a strange white substance now stuck to his blade, and to his shoulder. Clay.

"He left to find peace, but in turn our village knew war. I have seen ANBU sent after him, and not returning. This village makes the same mistakes over and over, expecting different outcomes. Doku-san - the truth now. You were taught by Yong... do you share the same sentiments as him? Would you see the world continue down this path, or do you dream for something... greater, and are you willing to sacrifice for it?"

The clay started to work its way over Doku's chest, as if it were alive.

"And don't lie. Liars have the propensity to... explode", Migoya chuckled, the mirth not reaching his cold eyes.

[MFT]
WC: 275

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
The thrust from his blade struck home and sunk into flesh. For a few moments he was dumbfounded, but Migoya's smirk made his situation clear he wanted him close and was willing to take a wound to achieve his goal. He struggled to tear himself away but as he did parts of Migoya came with him.

"You speak of consequences Doku-san. There are always consequences to our actions." spoke his opponent with deadly sincerity. It was now clear what Migoya's play had been and he had danced right into it.

"He left to find peace, but in turn our village knew war. I have seen ANBU sent after him, and not returning. This village makes the same mistakes over and over, expecting different outcomes. Doku-san - the truth now. You were taught by Yong... do you share the same sentiments as him? Would you see the world continue down this path, or do you dream for something... greater, and are you willing to sacrifice for it?"

By this time the clay had worked it's way over him and would do a considerable amount of damage if not outright kill him should he do nothing.

"And don't lie. Liars have the propensity to... explode" His laugh was cold and gave weight to his implied threat.

Doku met Migoya's gaze with his own, determined not to show even the slightest weakness. "I am prepared to sacrifice anything to achieve my goals. Can you say the same?" At that he wrenched himself free of the clay construct and threw himself away from the explosion that was sure to follow, whilst a layer of protective bone began cover him in an attempt to blunt the blast.

[Word Count: 283]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya watched with a large amount of respect as the Kaguya had flung himself away from the oncoming explosion... that did not eventuate. The simple fact that he lived by his ideals and was prepared to fight for them, despite knowing the repercussions, spoke volumes as to the character of this 'Doku'. As always, things were mind games to Migoya, playing with emotions and situations to not only provide himself with information, but enable those around him to find their own inner truth.

Doku had posed a question that Migoya had been tackling of late. Would he sacrifice everything for his goals? What were his goals now? He had sacrificed everything to protect and grow his clan in Konoha, and in particular Crater City, but his own personal goals... did he have them anymore? Did this village which had rejected him quash any future goals he wanted to establish? Perhaps he needed a measure of direction in his own life.

"Yes", came the response to Doku's question, only this time the voice was clear and right next to Doku's ear, easily within striking range. Migoya would be hanging upside down, attached to the body of what appeared to be a clay bird through chakra on his feet. "I am prepared to sacrifice anything to achieve my goals, Doku-san." A quick and elegant flip had Migoya land on the ground very close to Doku. The simple fact that Migoya had dropped his defences, hopefully, would show Doku that he indeed would sacrifice everything for this particular goal.

"No more tricks or tests, student of my brother. In any event I know you would easily pass that which I would set for you. I have watched you for some time, not in a creepy way, and I have noticed one thing - you say you are prepared to sacrifice everything for your goals... but the reality is that you have none."

Migoya would then shuffle around in his robe, as if looking for something. "Don't worry - you are certainly not alone in this." His hand pulled out what appeared to be an apple. "Many in this village just go around doing things, not having a clear purpose as to why they are doing them." A kunai would follow, deftly cutting the apple in two, one half thrown towards Doku.

"So - Im here to give you an offer. I would like to present an opportunity for you to have a goal, one to benefit the village - no, not just Konoha... lets think more on a wider scale. Sound like something you would be interested in?"

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Doku tumbled through the air bracing himself for the inevitable explosion... that never came. He was puzzled for a moment but soon realised that the fight was at an end. It had been a test of course, one that he had apparently passed.

Migoya muttered on about how he too would sacrifice to achieve his goals and that the time for testing was at an end, not only that but he admitted to having watched him. Not difficult I suppose for someone who is a member of this village. Which Doku was now convinced he was. But it is still a little off putting to say the least.

"So - Im here to give you an offer. I would like to present an opportunity for you to have a goal, one to benefit the village - no, not just Konoha... lets think more on a wider scale. Sound like something you would be interested in?" Came the final question.

"For now let's say I am interested. A moment ago you made as if you wanted to kill me and whilst I no longer believe that to be the case I think it fair to note I am still a little on edge. If you have truly observed me you will know that I care a great deal about this village, along with all it's inhabitants and if there is something that I can do to better it then please enlighten me." He spoke as he rose and dusted himself off carefully noting that he was now soiled beyond belief with a combination of clay, dirt and sweat. "Perhaps though we can do talk somewhere a little more comfortable where I can change my clothes? I live not far from here."

[Word Count: 290]

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya answered with a wry chuckle, this time with mirth attached as it echoed through the forest.

"If you weren't on edge I would be disappointed Doku-san, after all my little display may yet turn from a test to a... decision. And I usually do not speak to people directly so I had to be dramatic. In any event, yes I have seen the sacrifices you have made for this village. Sacrifices that tend to go unnoticed and unrewarded, as those who work in the shadows find all too often."

Picking at the dirt on his own muddy robe Migoya nodded. "Certainly go and change. However, thank you for your invitation but I believe that I can kill the proverbial two birds with one stone. Two known to you will be meeting at a certain location in a few days where I will be able to show you what I am talking about, and give you the opportunity to ask more… specific questions.”

The large clay bird landed on the clearing next to Migoya, who placed a pale white hand on its head almost affectionately. The other hand waved simply towards Doku causing the small bits of clay to fall to the ground - although the mud and dirt still remained.

“I wonder who out of the two are you are stronger - you or Hisao? Or at least Hisao in his prime. Perhaps we will find out,” he added cryptically and with a smirk. “Or perhaps not. In any event, it should be interesting. Please, if you would care to come to 276 East Oak Street in three days time, around 11pm. Try not to be too conspicuous. Oh, and if you are followed or intentionally bring friends that would be unfortunate.”

He gave what appeared to be a genuine smile. “I really do hope you will come for I believe that the Myakashi would benefit from someone of your skills, and in return Konoha itself will benefit.”

With that, Migoya lept upon his mighty steed, its wings rapidly flapping to bring him airborne.

“Gods speed to you Doku-san - may the blood ever flow in your favour”.

[MFT - 342]
[Topic Left]

Doku

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Migoya had politely declined his offer and extended one of his own to Doku. He considered it carefully before accepting.

"I think there are many answers I would like to have from you and so I will be there. And the answer to your other question is me, obviously." He said the last with a little smirk.

With that business out of the way he set off at a sprint back towards his house. He really needed to change and that was enough exercise for one day really.

[Word Count: 88]
[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back