The genesis of the Order of Journeymen can be traced back to the Age of Primus and the God's Fall that preceded the liberation of humanity. It is said that Primus' blade and armor were the greatest achievement of the Journeymen's Order. Those who claim lineage to the Journeymen often state that Journeyman's armor was the product of a dozen Journeymen and gave Primus the strength of one-hundred men and often boast that it was their wares that gave Primus the ability to overcome the power of the Gods.
The Journeymen are a trade order that specializes in armors and weapons. It is said that a Journeymen is an expert in every form of armed combat and that their weapons which often bear their family name and sigil are the strongest, sharpest, and best weapons produced. Their secrets have been closely guarded and often Journeymen run in families but in cases where there is no heir, apprentices are often found among promising local youth.
In the present day Journeymen are not only unrivaled in their weapon martial skill but also skilled in armors and in some cases technology. Some Journeymen are tinkerers capable of making proficient EMP grenades, the creation and manipulation of mannequins or even the creation of armored suits capable of serving as more than a protective shell. Crafting is considered to be a lucrative trade in modern Suna, the Sunan government often has high regards for Journeymen because their wares are the essential tools of the shinobi vocation. In addition, many Journeymen are also instructors due to their in-depth knowledge and affinity for their weapon crafts. In fact, it is common for a Journeymen to become an educator for a brief period to find an apprentice if they have no appropriate legitimate or illegitimate offspring of their own.
- Benefits of Journeymen:
- Capable of sealing the souls of their ancestors or other potentially powerful beings into weapons and armors. They believe that the soul that inhabits the weapon gives it strength - the weapon or armor can essentially communicate with the user. [The user would require the permission of another player to use a player's previous killed PC/NPC in a weapon or armor.]
- All of a Journeyman's weapons have a signature appearance to them [be it a color, glow, insignia, etc].
- IC Journeyman's are considered to be "experts" in every weapon type they manufacture.
- Many Journeymen are considered to be financially well-off due to the fact that most Crafters sell their wares.
- Journeymen are IC'ly held in high regard in Suna society.
- IC Journeymen are considered knowledgeable in every technique a weapon is capable of even if they cannot use the jutsu themselves. Meaning that a Crafter would in character know what a bludgeoning technique does even if they do not own the technique. This does not mean that they would become auto-aware of a hidden action done with a weapon in modded battle.
Head of the Journeymen: Takahashi Sousuke
-Senju Aoshi [NPC of Senju Kazuki]
For requesting initation into the Order: Contact the Head of the Journeymen
For requesting an IC service or job from the Order: Contact any of the current Journeymen