Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The joy's of Chakra! [Tutor]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka kept looking at one of the new students, she was 12 years old and studying at the academy. A little older than some of her graduates, but as she usually said. It didn't matter who it was, it mattered the potential they had since they indeed needed that to survive in this world. A world where people could blow mountains up with a snap of their fingers. With that Asuka simply stood up from her office chair, grabbed her trusty scythed. Asuka clenched her head and sighed "What else do you want me to do?" She spoke out loud "No no. I do not care if it's boring, being here IS the definition of boring." With that she set off towards the academy.

It didn't take long for her to get her since the academy wasn't that far from her office, she smiled at the guard at the entrance. Saying her hellos, walking in she remembered her first classes with Yukio. Her sister, even Ziren. Those were free of worry days, were she could prank someone and get punished for it. Now she had to maintain an image, but she would do it her own way. Not how anyone else wanted. She high fived a few students, hugged the hard working teachers. She asked one of the teachers to summon this student. Uehara Maeko. Asuka wanted to judge her by herself. See if what the initial testing said was correct, that she had the potential to become someone great. She simply waited inside the classroom, laying down on one of the desks. holding her scythe close. "So what do you think? Do you think she has potential?" A few moments of silence passed. "You always think people are not worth the effort." More moments "No no, do not even try to say you do. I on the other hand like to give them a chance, judge by myself rather than the opinions of others."

[WC/TWC=330/330]

Uehara Maeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"A simple day, that's all this is going to be." She had a problem with thinking too often to herself about how the day was going to turn out. Usually, this was because she had become accustomed to a monotonous routine that her mother and little brother had put her under day to day before she had begun her days at the Academy. "Just another simple day," she thought aloud to herself, leaning against the nearest wall she could find in the hallway. The day, like most others, had been a relatively calm day. A slight wind blowing throughout the village, partly cloudy, but not so cloudy as to block the view of the beautiful blue sky above, and just the right temperature that you wouldn't become uncomfortable if you were out too long in the sun. Just another beautiful day.

While Maeko often didn't mind routine, she had found herself wondering if there had been any chance of this changing any time soon. "The same old thing is getting boring," she muttered under her breath. "I get we need classes, but when is something enjoyable, and fun going to come along?" Just as she finished her sentence, one of the teachers rounded the corner, headed straight for Maeko. She looked up, giving a slight grin to the teacher. "Morning, sensei, what seems to be the problem?" she inquired politely. "Maeko, you've been summoned."

Maeko stared at the teacher for a moment giving a quizzical look. "I'm sorry, did I do something wrong?" She wasn't generally the type to get in trouble, whether it be at the Academy, or anywhere else, though she did know that her anger did generally get the better of her but nothing has happened in a while, so what was this about? "No, you're not in trouble so don't take this as a punishment. You've just been summoned, and it would be rude to keep them waiting." Maeko let out an audible sigh as she pushed herself off the wall, brushing her fingers against the wall as she walked over to the teacher who had come to retrieve her. "Well, at least this won't be the same daily routine as we've had. As you said, it would be rude to keep them waiting."

She had noted that the teacher had not given her any real details of who had summoned her, and no clue as to why she had been summoned other than the fact that she hadn't gotten into any trouble, and she needn't worry about any punishment. It didn't take her but a moment to get lost in thought. "Oh, maybe I'm being recognized for something I did?" She visibly shook her head. "No, that can't be it. I've not even been here at the Academy for very long, so I don't really have any crowning achievements yet. We've barely done any practical things." They round the corner and the teacher stops. "Right through there Maeko. They're waiting." The teacher points to an open door to a classroom that should be empty at this point in the day. "Thank you Sensei. I appreciate you coming to get me."

Maeko starts toward the door and upon getting to it, she looks in, apprehensively. Laying on one of the desks was a woman with a scythe. She seemed to be talking to herself, so Maeko took a moment to enter the room, in case there had been someone else there. She didn't want to be rude, after all. "No no, do not even try to say you do. I on the other hand like to give them a chance, judge by myself rather than the opinions of others." Maeko tilts her head as if to say "Who is she talking to? There were no other voices?" She steps into the doorway and knocks. "Excuse me, I believe you had summoned me? I'm Uehara Maeko. It's a pleasure to meet you. Is there someone else joining us today?

[WC - 662 / TWC - 662]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka sighed as she looked up, and there she was the potential new Kunoichi. With a bright grin Asuka stood up, looking directly Maeko, she didn't respond to her immediately. Instead she started walking around her, as if studying her. She giggled once, holding her scythe close. "So what do you think?" Few moments of silence passed, Asuka nodding her head. "I agree my dear companion. She doesn't look like much. Then again, she's still early in her development." Wasn't entirely and insult but Asuka liked to push peoples buttons, see how they would react. Spinning her scythe around she giggled once more and moved towards the front of the classroom, sitting on top of the podium. Now her interest was picked, why did people say she was good but didn't look the part. To answer your question. No, this is just between you and me. Some people believe you got the gift. I'm here to find out if it's true." Asuka tapped her hands on her scythe. "She believes you're just lucky and got your Sensei's attention. In her own words 'Meeting her is a waste of time.'" Asuka kept smiling, that warm, friendly smile she always wore. "But I think you do have the gift. So, to find out I'm here to teach you about being a Shinobi. What it entails, the risks. I'm going to open your mind into reality."

Stretching her head a bit she simply lowered her gaze. "Unfortunately I can't teach you any Jutsu at this time. Since well, you are just starting in the academy and would rather not have another... accident. Instead I'm gonna teach you about the life you are starting and see if your resolve will break." Asuka giggled "So. What would you like to ask me regarding this topic? I'm an open book."

[WC/TWC=311/641]

Uehara Maeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As the clearly veteran Kunoichi rounded her, checking her out, Maeko just kind of stared. "She's...she's talking to her scythe?" Hardly a minute into meeting this new person and Maeko already isn't sure what to think about her. Maeko took a survey of the room and confirmed that it was just the teacher, the scythe she carried and herself. The desk she was laying on was in the center of the room, no windows were open, but judging by the trees outdoors, it was a day that had been windier than usual. "And how does your scythe believe I'm a waste of time, if I may ask?" She stepped further into the room, leaning against one of the desks, her arms supporting her as she sat on the edge, her feet planted firmly together on the ground. She tilted her head when the teacher mentioned "the gift".

A quizzical "hmm" escaped her lips as she found a smile. "Gift?" she muttered. "What sort of gift?" She let the teacher continue speaking, mentioning opening her mind to reality. She then mentioned an accident. Maeko perked up at the mention. "Accident, hmm? I'd like to know what happened, however if you're not able to speak about it, we can leave that for another time." She pondered for a moment before pushing herself off the desk, walking to a window. "You're asking me what I'd like to know about being a shinobi, correct?" She slides the window open to let in a refreshing breeze, as the Academy seemed awfully muggy that day.

"I do have questions, and I'm assuming you'll be happy to answer them with how you stated the question." She smiles and turns around, one hand on her hip, the other by her side. "What's it like?" she inquired. "And I don't mean what's being a shinobi like. I think I realize from my parents telling me it's dangerous, that it can be dangerous, but I'm asking more about the exploration. The wonderment. The things you can do, and places you can see." Her head turns back toward the window and looks out toward all the buildings. "I can only imagine what beauty you've seen, or the destruction you've witnessed. I want to learn as much as I possibly can, and become a Kunoichi that the Hidden Leaf can be proud of, but I don't want to be told that this dream is out of my reach." She lets out a sigh, as her hand on her hip slides off. "I want to learn the fundamentals of chakra control. I want to see what it can do. I want to see what I can do." She turns back toward her teacher and walks over. "And by the way, I believe it's polite to introduce yourself to your student, Sensei." She smiles coyly, knowing she just called out her senior, but she was a little strange, so it shouldn't be a problem. "I mean, I did introduce myself, after all."

[WC - 498 / TWC - 1213]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka giggled, it was funny looking at people that looked at her like she was a crazy person. It always made the interactions that much more enjoyable. In the end it was simply really funny. "Well, it doesn't really matter to you now does it?" She giggled "Should I tell her or you?" Moments of silence passed before Asuka simply gave a slight nod.

With that she heard what Maeko started saying. She wanted to answer every question she had as truthfully as she knew. May not be the whole truth, but hey.... who knew the whole truth in any given situation? That was the question. In any case with a simple smile she answered."You sure are curious one." Asuka giggled "Well... there was this one time I had to fight some very naughty students... I may or may not have used to much force by accident. Was angry at the time. But enough of that." Asuka sighed "The gift. The gift of potential." Asuka simply said "Shinobi without potential can graduate from the academy but very rarely do they make it up to Chunnin and potential shows itself very early on. That's why I summoned you here."

"What's it like?" Asuka sighed, taking out the dangerous part it did have some awesome qualities. But which one to state without making it seem like it was a walk in the park. Scratching the back of her head with the scythe. "Well, you certainly see the world very differently than simple civilians. But you also see the danger that lurks behind it." Asuka laughed hearing about the beauty and destruction in the same sentence. "The world certainly is beautiful. I can make it rain down meteors which is always badass." "But you have to understand that the Shinobi life is not for everyone, yes... it's awesome to make crystal dragons but... everything comes at a price and that's one of the first lessons you have to burn into yourself. If it's easy, then it isn't right." A few moments of silence passed as Asuka seemed to be listening to something. With a sigh Asuka smiled back at the girl. "My name is Uchiha Asuka, Main Branch Sennin." Asuka let go of her scythe and in a black light morphed into an identical version of Asuka but less... happy. "You want to know why I think you're a waste of time?"

[WC/TWC=512/1,153]
[MFT]
Asuka sighed, pinching her nose. "Rayne, be nice." Rayne walked around the girl. "Chakra control." She shortly laughed, thinking the statement alone was funny. "You move too much. Back isn't straight and for the love of the gods move quieter." Rayne made an annoyed sighed and continued "Being a Shinobi means being quiet, not just for the stealth but because you'll be able to learn of potential threats by simply listening to their steps. I heard you coming from the hallway, and I'm not even a complete human. So, why shouldn't you be a waste of time?"

Uehara Maeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Maeko listened to the Sennin now known to her as Asuka of the Main Branch. A fight with students, clearly leading to some kind of accident, a gift of potential she thinks Maeko has, the danger and beauty that the Shinobi world is embroiled in, it was all so much information but she found herself nodding and listening intently, hanging on every word. "I see, so even though it's dangerous, there are merits that come alive with a different view of the world around us, would this be a correct assumption?" She smiled at her teacher.

Asuka let go of the scythe and before Maeko's very eyes, the shape changed into what seemed like a more irritated Asuka and spoke, almost insultingly to Maeko. "So, why shouldn't you be a waste of time?" This sentence resounded throughout Maeko's mind of which had now gone nearly completely empty. "Why shouldn't I be a waste of time?" She repeated the words in her head while taking a moment to ponder, looking down at her feet and folding her arms in front of her. "Am I a waste of time, really? What will set me apart from others? Why should anyone care?" She closed her eyes and dropped her head back in thought. "What sets me apart? What makes me, me?" She stopped herself before allowing her thoughts to progress any further, dropping her arms, lifting her head back up and opening her eyes to look at Rayne. "Why should I let you tell me what my worth is?" She took a moment to center herself, while still staring at Rayne, taking a step forward toward them.

"Why do you get to evaluate worth? What qualifies you to tell an Academy student what they can and cannot accomplish simply based on what you haven't even seen yet?" She lifts her arms, gesturing to everything around her and then pointing at the desks around the room. "You can't judge something that hasn't even lived out it's life fully. For example. Before these desks were desks, they started as a seed. Would you tell the seed it's not worth the time or effort because it could potentially take years to grow into something large enough to then cut down and re-shape into something that fits your fancy?" She walks over to the window, tapping on the glass. "And would you tell the sand that it's not worth your time because you don't feel the process of making glass is worth the effort?" She walked back over to Rayne, still staring her directly in the eyes with a determined expression. "You don't have the right to say what I'm worth yet." She looks past Rayne to Asuka who was still sitting on the podium, pointing to her. "She doesn't have any right to tell me my worth without proper evaluation either."

Maeko took a few steps back, leaning back onto the nearest desk. "So before you go judging me based on what I don't know, I suggest you cut the crap. I'm here to learn, and exceed, not take heat from a scythe."

[WC - 517 / TWC - 1730]
[MFT]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka nodded in confirmation, this girl was smart. She liked that about her"In a sense." Asuka responded "I would place it more on... a deeper understanding o how the world works." But then, the most interesting thing happened. After Rayne had given her reasoning as to why she didn't believe in her her answer was... quite outstanding although it was apparent she lacked experience. At first it seemed the words had hurt, which was the intended effect, but... instead of giving in to their uselessness Maeko barked back. One bark for another.

Rayne started laughing once Maeko was done. She found the answer naive and rather pitiful, considering what she knew and the how stupid she found people this could be one hell of a conversation. "Are you hearing this girl?" Rayne looked at Asuka. Asuka simply shrugged, a big smile on her face. "I think it's kinda cute." Rayne looked back, fire burning in her eyes. Her expression was everything but happy. "Oh oh oh!" Asuka started getting excited "This is getting really interesting."

Rayne took a deep breath and exhaled. "Let's go point for point on your little... rant, shall we?" Rayne took a step back, bowing to Asuka as if starting a dramatic show. "Our rank let's us do that." She shrugged "It's the simple process of knowing to read and understand the person in question without even talking to them. That's one of the big differences between a Shinobi and a civilian. A shinobi is hard to read you are not." Rayne continued "I know that you look at the Shinobi life as a honor. It's everything but that." Asuka flustered up, jumping from her desk. "Oi!" Rayne ignored her continuing "Follow this path and it will be full of pain, tragedies, death." Asuka grabbed Raynes shoulder, sending a clear message.

With a sigh she continued. "The difference between the desk and you, is that if you fuck up people die." Rayne let out a small laugh "I mean, do you really believe that a mistake on the field will be just that? 'Oh, I won't do it again'" Rayne's eyes got cold and calculated "Doesn't work like that kiddo, one second you're in the field. The next you're in a battle with the enemy. You make a mistake, your teammates die." Asuka sighed, gently pulling Rayne back. "She's right about that point as... rude as she is." Asuka looked back at Rayne "In this life... mistakes can't happen. Those with potential don't make as many as those with none. Which is why the prodigies get leadership roles... because they keep people alive."

"I got here by learning to look at every angle, find every possible avenue. Even as a Kunoichi with potential.... wasn't easy." Asuka gave a shaky laugh "Wasn't happy either. A shinobi's life isn't happy... it's lased with misery. Why do you want to become one?"

[WC/TWC=503/1,656]

Uehara Maeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Why do you want to become one?" This was a loaded question, clearly. You could tell just by the expression on Rayne and Asuka's faces. Apparently Maeko's little outburst nearly cost her a lot more than a simple reprimand from a superior Kunoichi. She could feel the tense aura of Rayne, and the apprehension that Asuka seemed to be showing with how Maeko had acted moments ago. It's not like she hadn't thought long and hard about this question, because her parents had practically tried to drill into her skull that this was not the career path she should take. It was a never ending struggle, constantly, about whether or not she should become a trimmer at a flower shop, or a waitress at a restaurant. Something that her parents thought more fitting, and safe for her than the life of a Kunoichi, filled with danger, despair, consistent hardship, never-ending conflict, training, and even the potential for death. She recalled how often her father had shown up back home drunk out of his mind at the same time every year. He always said it was because he was simply celebrating and just forgot the time and as he put it "I got up, and suddenly, I couldn't walk, Maeko! You should have seen it!" This was always followed up with an almost pitiful attempt at a laugh where he would be lead to the bedroom and pass out to talk in his sleep, screaming about how his comrades can't die, how he failed to save them, but when confronted the day after, he refused to talk about it at all. She knew, but not first hand. She knew, but she also didn't.

"I get it." Maeko looked at Rayne, then to Asuka. "Though I've never truly experienced it first-hand, I get it." She pushed herself up from the desk, placing her hands to her sides. "Every year, the same time, day, week, I experienced grief due to my father. Though he would never talk about it, and he would never tell the truth days later, I seen what it can do to a person, and it would take a stronger person than I in order to be able to live with yourself after watching your comrades die in battle right before your eyes, being able to reach out and touch them as they take their final breath, and sit there like nothing ever happened." She stared solely at Rayne this time, confronting her directly. "By assuming I can be read like a book, you had probably assumed that I'd never experienced anything that the world of Shinobi can churn up and spit out, correct?" She spread her arms out as if to say "This is me, in all my glory." "Yet here I stand, having seen my father nearly drink himself to death year after year. Hearing his cries while he's sleeping from his drunken stupor. Watching my mother, unable to sleep while all of this is going on, with nothing but worry on her face." Her arms drop. "I don't know first hand loss, but I know first-hand how people are affected. How entire families are affected by what happens in the field."

She pondered for a moment, staring at the two of them, wondering what was going through their minds. Wondering what they thought of her words. She would understand if they were angry, having recounted what her father went through in detail, but she found that this might be the only way to get through to them to prove to them that she was worthy of whatever it is they had to offer. She knew she wouldn't give Rayne the enjoyment of having assumed the type of character she was. She wouldn't allow them to tell her she couldn't do something, and above all, she wouldn't allow herself to fail in the eyes of anyone. Not her classmates, not these two, the Hokage, her enemies, not anyone. "I get it, you know. I get it." She smiled a moment, though it wasn't a happy smile. "I understand that you're angry at me for my words." She gestured to Rayne as she spoke. "I get that even though my words might sound cute to you, that you probably had been second guessing my 'potential' that you may have assumed I had when I came in." She gestured to Asuka. "And I understand that even though I don't know a lot about the majority of the shinobi world, you're apprehensive to come to terms with what I said, whether or not you want to take it as truth."

She turns to Asuka this time, walking close to her, almost as if she's ignoring Rayne completely. "You asked me why I want to become a Kunoichi. You're about to get the most brutally honest truth you'll ever hear out of an Academy student in your career." She bows slightly before lifting her head. "The reason I want to become a Kunoichi is to work to prevent that, though I know that when loss happens on either side, it's a tragedy, I can at least work to make the world a better place for the people on our side." She stood, hands together in front of her. "I want to ensure that our allies are able to go home to their families, and if they must drink, they drink in celebration. If they must cry, they cry tears of joy, and if they must die, they die a death due to old age, happy with their families along side them." She turned toward the window. "You ask me why, and yet I feel as though you're not ready for the answer you had received. You think me to be a naive little girl, who has no experience in the real world. You think me to be weak willed, and likely you think me the type to have waivered when Rayne got angry for the way I had spoken." She turns her head, a solemn expression written on her face. "Beat me down until I've got nothing left, and I'll still fight to get back up. Rip out my innards, and I'll bandage them in to keep on fighting. I will NOT fail, and I will not give up." She turned back to them, her expression now determined. "So please, respect me enough to expect no less."

[WC - 1065 Words / TWC - 2795 Words]

Uchiha Asuka

Izen no hokage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Asuka and Rayne listened with interest to what the girl had to say. It was very sad that at such a young age someone like her would live such experiences. Both girls had a serious expression on their face, not speaking a word while Maeko continued. Although they were paying her attention Asuka and Rayne couldn't deny the similar experiences that they had, while Asuka's was a bit... more gruesome it still sent the same message. Shinobi life is hard. It isn't as rewarding as some might think but it has it's beautiful moments. Once Maeko had finished, silence overtook the room. Asuka pinched the bridge of her nose and sat back on the teacher's desk but once her face rose she had a big smile plastered on her face. Speaking to Ryane she said. "What do you think?" Rayne smirked, the seriousness in her face disappearing. "Could use some work, but I don't think it will take much. She's stubborn, she'll get the material eventually."

Asuka laughed, Rayne turning back into a scythe and flying towards Asuka's hand. "I have to apologize." She said cleaning a tear off of her face. "It's not that I find this funny. I tend to find dark things funny, kind of a defense mechanism." Asuka giggled giving the girl a bright and happy smile. "Your file wasn't wrong." Asuka fished around in one of her sleeves and took out a yellow envelope with a name "Uehara Maeko". Asuka opened it and started reading from it. "Has a bright side to life, stubborn but defends her points with logic and determination. Has demonstrated a potential in her studies and as herself per the Sennin's instructions." Asuka closed the file and placed it back into her sleeve, holding her scythe closely.

Asuka kept smiling at her "It's rare that a student file ends up at my desk. But when it does, it's usually for good reason." Asuka snickered "So, I check the student out myself. But, I add my sort of spice." With a sigh Asuka looked at Maeko "You have to control your emotions, learn how and when to use them. Otherwise you'll be manipulated, which is what I just did." Asuka jumped down from the desk, letting her scythe rest on the desk. "People are funny. They always have something to hide, no matter how good or bad you are. Everyone has secrets. Funny thing is, when someone gets flustered or angry everything is fair game, no secrets, no lies, no nothing. That's when you see one's true self."

Asuka stepped towards Maeko, ruffling her hair. "That's what I did to you and I'm sorry. But it's the only way I can learn if someone will make it in this world. The things I told you about the Shinobi are all true. Although I add my little twist, let me explain."

"There are three branches in Leaf, you can see them as... different specialties. There's Medical, who treat the wounded, the ANBU, who specialize in combat, and Main Branch. My Branch. Who doesn't have a specialty, because we can do anything." Asuka started explaining "Every Sennin runs their branch differently." Asuka sighed smiling slightly "I run it like a family. We take care of each other, we want to make Leaf better. Not go looking for war but be prepared for it. Have strength but also compassion. Be ruthless, but humble." Asuka giggled and continued. "While you spoke you showed me those qualities, THAT'S the gift. It's not potential, it's being able to look after the little guy." Asuka touched Maeko's forehead and then her chest with her index finger. "Use your mind to solve all your problems. But use your heart to forge your path."

With that Asuka turned away, moving towards the door. "I'll be watching your progress with interest Uehara Maeko. I'm giving you an early escape from the academy. Take a class with either a medic or an ANBU. Afterwards come find me, I'll be the judge if you are ready to be a Shinobi." With a smile on her face Asuka raised her hand and her scythe flew unto her hand. She left the classroom without another word.

[Topic Left]
[Student passes, will be requesting rewards shortly]

Uehara Maeko

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She listened, as Asuka spoke. She was intent on learning all she could. After everything, she explained that there were 3 different branches in the Leaf. All of which can be joined, and it would be up to Maeko as to where she wished to go. It seemed the lesson was over, however, and she was instructed to take a class with either ANBU or Med-Nin. "Thank you, sensei. I'll work on that before contacting you again." After Asuka and Rayne left, she gathered her thoughts, and set out to get the class with one of the other two branches.

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back