Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Last . . . [Tutor]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
There were certain things in the world for which there were simply few explanations for and for others, there was science. Not one to be overly zealous, Umashi reasoned that there were things in the world and beyond that simply had no explanation for the moment but would in time and working around such parameters allowed him a view that few could ever sacrifice enough to have. Though he had met the young man that was before him over a year ago, he'd watched his movements from a far, always wondering if the young man would be ready to take things to the next level. He received his answer when the boy foolishly went up against the now reining Hokage, Uchiha Takeshi and expectedly lost, quite handedly if Umashi had to call it. If the boy was foolish, he was also brave and certain things just couldn't be taught.

Simply put, Umashi always liked to have a contingency plan and with this kid he saw one, as faint as it might be. The kid ran around the world declaring how dark he was and for a fact he had some semblance of darkness within him but Umashi had managed to purge half of it. What was left was ripe for the picking and molding strong shinobi was something that Umashi found himself rather good at despite it often not turning out exactly how he imagined things to be. With Maru as an agent of chaos though, Umashi would work on other developments elsewhere while also keeping a little something in his back pocket just in case things went far, far, South.

Covered in black robes and keeping his face and voice manipulated and barely recognizable, he stood in the darkened lab with the a remains of a freshly preserved specimen for Maru to "take care of". Having learned of the boys affinity for puppet taijutsu, Umashi had procured of a the body of a shinobi who'd once followed him into battle. Would his family care to notice that the ashes in the ceremonial urn weren't exactly those of their loved one, probably not. Umashi had discretely made sure that the body ended up in the right place at the right time for it to end up falling practically in his proverbial lap. Most wouldn't be any wiser as to what had actually occurred, and there were so many Uchiha controlled lands within the Fire Country that even Takeshi wouldn't be able to know each Uchiha by name. A villain by any other name, Umashi beckoned Maru to check out the wares with a wave of his hand.

OOC: Who exactly Umashi is, isn't known as he's using a veil of chakra to obscure his face.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Maru whistled, wondering where the hell would he go from here. Since losing to Takeshi, he had already began to create a new better collection of puppets. The first was his own puppets body, he obviously needed a body and since that was burnt along with his other puppets he had to switch to core into a training dummy in order to create a new body. Then he decided to finish up his puppet of a doctor who had been recently killed by a Anbu In Training who had the ability of space-time justu in which Maru figured out the time part, then he made another puppet who was the brother of another Anbu In Training who had the ability to manipulate blood which he could use to tear his opponents apart. Those two, including himself he had three puppets so far.

Honestly he was about to go on a grave robbing adventure when he was beckoned by some wires, they seemingly called out to him so he decided to step forward to check them out. He followed them pretty casually, he was pretty curious so he let the wires lead him to somewhere. Perhaps if he followed them, he'd run right into some trap if he was unlucky but if he was lucky he might would find some material to use. Either way, it would be entertaining and since Maru wasn't the overly cautious type he simply followed where they went and to his surprise the lead him to a lab..

It wasn't just any lab, it was a dark ominous lab and he wondered around it for a little bit. Looking around it to get a good look at his surroundings before he finally stopped. He squinted his eyes to see a man, a dark man. The man had on dark robes, Maru couldn't even make out a face in the inky darkness much less. "Well, aren't you a mysterious one.” Maru's first reaction, before already announcing who he was. “Names Maru Of The Darkness. Gotta say, your lab here is pretty awesome! So did I find you by accident or did you lead me here?” Maru placed a hand on his hip as he waited for an answer.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Shrugging and then seemingly floating around the specimen to lean against an opposing working bench, Umashi scratched at his chin in a matter of fact way. "I'd like to believe that I led you here but they say that fate has a way of bringing people together. In either case no matter the how, there is now the why . . . this is a fresh-ish Uchiha specimen. It can be yours if you'd like . . ." Allowing the words to hang in the air, Umashi kept his voice and appearance masked but again with a wave of his arm he beckoned Maru to test out the wares. If the boy was paying attention then he'd note that the form was in good working condition and that it would serve him well. The sharingan was a terribly hard thing to come by and this had cost Umashi much. What Maru was willing to do in order to procure it would be another matter however.

OOC: Short post but you can come up with the general look of the Uchiha. I've purposefully refrained from overly describing him.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
6vm5834.jpg
Looking skeptical, the puppet master moved closer to the lifeless body of the Uchiha. It was actually fresh, not really in a decaying state as most of his found puppets were in. Perhaps the mysterious man kept the body from decay, or perhaps it was recently killed. Either way, he couldn't pass up a great weapon like this. The sharingan was pretty hard to come by, especially since when the clan buries their dead they take the eyes or burn the body. Now Maru would have the sharingan in his arsenal.. But at what cost. "Well, I'd be more than happy to take this specimen off your hands. So what's your price for it? I don't think you'd hand a weapon like this over without a price.” Maru said, of course he didn't expect for the price for a great weapon like this would be cheap.

It wasn't as if Maru would walk away, after all he was pretty determined to leave here with the Uchiha to use its bloodline to his advantage. With any luck, he might would be able to use some of the clans well known justu such as the Tsukiyomi or even the Amaterasu if he wanted to cause more destruction. Honestly, the puppet master would do almost anything to have this Uchiha as his weapon but since it could be his. “So, what is it you want for the Uchiha, Mr. Mystery. I'm all ears..” He waited for the man's response, since he was going to benefit from having the Uchiha bloodline it would be only fair that he'd have to give something in return. What that something was hasn't been revealed as of yet so he calmly waited.

[My Bad For Taking long, posting is gonna be faster]

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Making a show of pretending to think on the matter, Umashi audibly sighed in a way as if to show the torment that was going through him to part with such a fine treasure. Rubbing at his temple as if to insinuate that he was having a truly tough time thinking of something, Umashi finally spoke in a groaning voice that quickly morphed into one of a teacher. "Well . . . if it wouldn't be too much of a bother . . . I'd like for you to actually not petrify the body like you normally do." Moving around the room looking through draws and behind test tubes and beakers, Umashi finally pulled out a large tome and flipped through a few pages before settling on the middle of the book. Turning back to Maru he presented the contents of the page to the boy with clearly detailed notes on a schematic that detailed the human body.

Allowing Maru to take in the contents of the opened pages, Umashi nodded as he gestured towards one note in particular.
"The best . . . no, the True masters of the puppet arts don't have to so harshly preserve their wares, they're able to do so organically in such a way so as to even wear and mimic their once living host." Recognizing that he had to keep Maru on the hook, he upped the ante by stroking Maru's ego. "Don't you want to be among the best? Instead of running and hiding after terrorizing your victims, why not change your look and blend in?" Leaning in and turning his head to the side as if to ponder the answer to a question, Umashi let his final question hang in the air. "Why control an Uchiha when you can be an Uchiha?" Nodding to himself, Umashi closed the book and then pointed back towards the Uchiha before them.

OOC: Umashi is basically explaining/showing Maru Puppet Symbiosis.
Puppet Symbiosis - B-Rank Puppet Jutsu
HP2.jpg

Generally, a puppeteer's greatest weakness is their vulnerability while puppeteering. However those who have themselves become puppets have discovered how to use their now removable limbs and compact body to it's fullest, and are able to arrange themselves within a puppet at their own convenience, in so doing remove the their weakness. While within a puppet, the user's body conjoins with it allowing them to control that puppet as if it were simply a suit of armor.

Information
Prerequisites: Human Puppet

Rank 1 and 2:
  • While active the user "wears" a puppet weapon from their inventory, replacing the certain effects granted by 'Weaponized Form' with those of the worn puppet. This has the following effects:
    • The worn puppet weapon's Accuracy and Damage Modifiers replace those of the user's Puppet Body.
    • The worn puppet weapon's augments (to include BL/CA augment skills on Hitokugutsu) replace those of the user's Puppet body.
    • Worn puppet is automatically drawn from the user's inventory as a part of wearing it. This does not cost additional AP. While active the user is considered equipped with the worn puppet but is immune to any effects which would disarm or remove it from them. This weapon may still be targeted by Called Shot: Weapon.
    Cost:
    Rank 1: 1.5 AP, 880 CP, 440 Cp/Rnd
    Rank 2: 1.5 AP, 440 CP, 220 CP/Rnd

Note(s):
    - Effects are the same between Rank 1 and 2.
    - This Jutsu may not be used with Broken puppet weapons. If a worn puppet reaches Broken called shot status, this jutsu is dispelled.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
6vm5834.jpg

Maru listened to the man, his as he read through the notes reading it so he could get a grasp of what the man meant when he said not to petrify the body since he usually just turn the body into wood after he cleaned the body. “Hmm.. So how do you want me to use the Uchiha.“ as he read, he came to a page that seemingly taught him about how some puppet users would actually wear their puppets to make him less vulnerable in a fight. After hearing what the man had to say about being the Uchiha, it clearly clenched the idea of using the body as a suit of armor which was something he hasn't done in a battle yet.

“So you're saying that I can wear the Uchiha as a suit of armor? You know, never thought of using my puppets that way…” Maru said, stroking his chin as he thought for a moment about all the things he could've done if he would've tried that in the beginning. Perhaps he should try that. He began to smirk, looking back at the Uchiha before placing a hand on the body.“Honestly, if I knew that I would've tried that already… hmm..” Maru began to wonder how this guy knows so much on puppetry, especially human puppetry at that. "You seem to know a lot more about puppetry than I do. Do you happen to be a human puppet or do you just study on the practice. “ he had to ask. Perhaps this information was just what Maru needs to push himself to the next level.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Nodding his head, Umashi mused on. "Yes, yes you can and you could just call me a collector of sorts." Stroking his chin, Umashi pointed again at the Uchiha before them and spoke on. "I like to see the potential in things and I'm sure that with such a tool, you could increase your potential ten-fold. The only problem is that you'd need to change how you do things." Nodding, Umashi walked away and stood just out of eyesight of Maru as he looked up into empty space. "Your form is raw, too raw, and it lacks clear definition. You more come across as a bumbling idiot at times, and one not totally sure of what they're doing. I'd like to change that but only if you trust me. Besides, what with your reputation, it's not as though you can go walking around the country anymore causing a ruckus. The higher ups are on to your antics and . . . if memory serves me correct, didn't you just get booted from the village of Konohagakure?" Chuckling, Umashi shook his head and turned back to face Maru. Hopefully something or another that he was saying was sinking in, because otherwise, Maru was going to find that the world was a far more harsh place than Konoha could have ever been.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“So you heard about that, huh?” Maru said, confirming that what the man said about him being booted out of the village was pretty much true because of his little antics. The news about his exile was more than likely spreading around the village like wildfire and people were either jumping for joy or probably disappointed in his actions. Regardless he was pretty much out of the village right now, never to come back for what it seems. He looked over at the man again, then shrugged. “Hey, I need all the help I could get right now, if I am going to be out on the road I might as well take your help while it's still there.” With that he began to look down at the body of the Uchiha, his face slightly scrunching up as he thought of his next move. After all this was the final lesson he would be taking before he would leave the village and destroy his house in Crater City.

“You say my form is raw right?” He asked looking back at the man. “So how are you gonna change that exactly? I mean I'll probably be out of the village, not to mention you'll probably will be living here so if you are gonna change my form of fighting I'd love to hear it. “He was pretty curious on the matter, if he was out of the village he didn't know how he would actually be improved within the course of a single tutoring. And he wasn't allowed within the village which would make meeting Mr Mystery a bit troublesome. The Uchiha being his weapon was a start in that direction, also that info about wearing his puppet was pretty helpful but to be honest he wanted to see how else would he be able to help.

Seijin

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Smiling, Umashi snapped his fingers and pointed up towards the ceiling. "You can have the book, that's a start, but also you'll need to actually read it." Walking around the room, Umashi began to rummage through drawers, pulling out other tomes and flask and beakers and seemingly stuffing them into a void of sorts. Merely opening his robes, he'd deposit them into whatever or wherever it was that he was using to store things. "I'm soon to be gone from this land but if there's one thing that I can teach you, it's to always expect the unexpected. That goes for not only your enemies but also within yourself." Pausing for a moment, Umashi continued to float about the room grabbing things and leaving others. If Maru was paying attention, he might have noticed the fact that Umashi was clearly getting ready to leave. As if to leave nothing left to wonder about, Umashi snapped his fingers once more as he turned around to get a good look at the room.

Emanating from his hand was a black flame the likes of which was quite similar to what the Uchiha typically were able to harness.
"Alas, I'd suggest that you grab that body and read that book. Unfortunately I must be off and I can't let any of this fall into the wrong hands. Whatever you do, stop being the puppet in the grand scheme of it all, and be the puppet master!" Waving the flame around, to and fro, Umashi would do one final glance over of the room and make sure that he had as much as he could possibly carry and as much as he wanted. "Don't just use your talent, be your talent. You'll need good disguises in this world and that book will tell you how. Oh and stop grave digging! A master puppeteer can fool even the most keen of eyes and ears, the sharpest nose. What I mean to say is this . . . stop being stuck in the past and progress into the future. Grow, live, thrive!" With that said, Umashi would throw the flaming orb at the floor and set the room ablaze.

OOC: Topic left unless stopped.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
“Hmm” Maru grabbed the book, flipping over page after page before looking back at the man. As the man spoke, he saw within his hand a black flame. Waving it around two and fro as he spoke the puppet master was wondering what on earth was the man planning to do with that, but it seemed that his intentions were pretty clear. Like how he would do with his own research, he was about to burn his lab down! Maru quickly activated the iron maiden within his puppet body to connect Chakra threads to the Uchiha then pulled him to his back then sealed him inside of a wooden coffin connected to his back. Then with the Uchiha on his back and the book in his hands the entire room was set ablaze, Maru quickly making his way to the exit trying not to be burned by the flames.

…..

After a couple hours, Maru had preserved the body from further decay so he could wear the Uchiha as a suit of armor standing on the head of the statue within the valley of the end he smirked. Looking on the horizon with his new new eyes, the entire world was a red color now. He could see a few flames flickering, moving around I'm unknown directions and some could even see some of these flames looked a bit familiar in this world of red. “Heh… so this is how a Uchiha sees the world.” After he tested the sharingan, he focused his Chakra from the depths of his core to activate the other transformation of the sharingan… Mangekyou Sharingan. Even without having any blood within his body, Marus eyes began to leak blood from his eyes like bloody tears. Feeling the power of the deceased Uchiha coursing within him the puppet master decided to head to Crater City so he could do the last thing he would do as a leaf villager… Burning down his house…

WC:1537
[Uchiha Hitokugustu Created]
[left topic]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back