Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Private The Mind of Miyazaki Hikaru [Kinjutsu Application] [BL/CA Swap]

Sugihara Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
[Continued from this thread.]

Teru wore a familiar look as the two of them checked out of the hospital and started for the Miyazakis’ house; it was the look she made when she had been scolded by the clan elders or when she was losing a game, a look that was trying to put the pieces together. Something was not right with her, and the Medical Chief opened her mouth to ask what just as she blurted, “What has your training been like? For being in the Combat division and everything. Have you ever been this injured…?”

“No, I don’t think so. I’ve never run out of Chakra while fighting before, or really at all… it’s not that bad, though.” It was true, she could walk without much trouble and didn’t feel the deep exhaustion from the end of the match anymore. She supposed she had slept for quite a while. “Why? Is this about why my father wanted to see me?”

“Exactly. I wasn’t in the stands with him when you lost consciousness- obviously, because I was right there picking you up- but he found me afterwards and told me to bring you home as soon as you were awake. He also wanted to know if my mom was around, but she’s on a diplomatic visit near Crater City for clan business.” They rounded a corner and started down their street. A warm, humid breeze blew at their backs, and every house they passed was quiet as death.

Sliding open the door to her house, the younger Mednin stepped inside, removing her shoes and calling for her father as Teru entered behind her. There were only a few lights on, but the two heard a voice in response and Miyazaki Kaito emerged from his room, nodding to his niece. He met his daughter’s eyes; his own were grave and tired as he searched her face. “Not good. Follow me, you two- thanks for picking her up, by the way, Teru.”

A wave of fear washed over the Medical Chief. “What? What happened?” Her father didn’t answer at first. They descended into his home research laboratory, the staircase next to his bedroom where he kept a handful of work projects alongside several of his personal investments. The lights hummed softly as he shut the door behind them. Pointing the pair of Mednin to a Byoin-standard examination table and chair as he sat opposite from them, he finally began, “You take a seat on the table; Teru can have the chair. I want both of you to hear this.”

He fixed his eyes on his daughter, concern flooding over his face in waves. “My wife, Amari Mitsuo, was heir of the Amari clan, just as Teru is right now. I’m sure you knew that. We met when we were fifteen, coincidentally one year exactly before she was formally declared the heir- or perhaps not. We married, had a daughter, and she passed away a few years later.” He faced his niece. “Teru. I trust you and your parents sincerely, which is why I wanted you here in case something like this happened. It’s important that you listen to what I’m going to tell you two very, very carefully. As Heir and imminent Seer of the Amari clan, you deserve to know what they have planned for you.”

The younger Mednin had heard her father talk about her mother many times, often with sadness, fond remembrance, even excitement that she was growing to be more like her. But never anger. Now, he shivered with fury, each syllable painted red with understanding and regret. Teru simply stared at him, her hands folded tightly in her lap; her expression betrayed her apprehension, deep and uncontrollable like she had a growing suspicion of exactly what her uncle was about to say. Her cousin looked blankly between them- what was going on? What happened in the clan? What did this have to do with her mother? What did this have to do with HER?

“The Amari clan is an old family, and a considerably powerful one. When its members were more abundant, there existed a much closer bond between them and the Elemental Spirits of the Air- one that several of their more cunning minds quickly learned to take advantage of. Each Amari, when they come of age, is bound to a spirit through a contract.” The girls nodded in unison; they had each formed their own bonds with contract Elementals, though only Teru had been able to summon hers afterward for whatever reason. “As the clan rose to prominence with their strong connection to these spirits, they became experts on how this relationship worked, so much so that they were able to cruelly exploit it. They created the Kaiku Elementals, known in passing as ‘Primers,’ for one purpose: to be sealed inside of humans in order to protect the will of the clan.” Dead silence. “They are capable of feats of power akin to those of a weaker Elemental, but much more importantly, they can have profound effects on the personality of the individual they’re sealed within, and once they reach a certain point, they undergo an evolutionary process that boosts their destructive influence exponentially.” Kaito took a deep breath, paused. He spoke his next words carefully, and with no trace of anger left in his voice, “Currently, there is only one known Kaiku host among the Amari: the Seer, Miyazaki Hikaru.”

Hikaru’s heart plummeted, opening a chasm in her gut that spread to every part of her body. That… was impossible. How could something be unknowingly sealed inside her…? And what did being the ‘seer’ mean? “What-”

“For how long?” Teru spoke up, her voice weak with suppressed tears. The Medical Chief fell silent. “I’ve… I knew that there was supposed to be a Seer, but… I had hoped…”

She couldn’t stay quiet, however. “Wait. What is a Seer, and why is there… something sealed inside of me? And why are you only telling me this now?!”

Her father replied solemnly, “The Seer is the vessel of the clan’s most powerful Kaiku at the time, and the forced bodyguard, bargaining chip, and sacrifice controlled by the elders. Before evolution, the Seer’s Kaiku can influence its host’s thoughts and feelings somewhat, but when it evolves, they are placed under the complete control of the Amari clan. Your mother, Hikaru- she was both the Seer and the Heir for her generation, since it was so sparse. Her Kaiku’s evolution… was the cause of her death.”

The world ground to a halt. Nothing in the laboratory moved, least of all the young Medical Chief’s heart. Her mother had been the Seer, and had spent every moment they had known each other, right up to her last, being controlled by her clan. And she herself was being controlled, too. Unknowingly. Nobody had bothered to tell her this- that her life leading up to this moment had been completely false, that everything she knew about her mother was fake, that everything she knew about herself was wrong. Time stopped. She wasn’t real anymore. The truth was, Miyazaki Hikaru had never existed- only Amari Hikaru. Only her mother’s lifeless second chance in the eyes of people she barely knew…

Teru broke the spell, gathering herself with a heavy sigh and giving Hikaru a look of regret she had never seen from her before. Her father had his arms around her, but he wasn’t crying- he was looking into her eyes intensely. “Hikaru, listen carefully. Your eyes are beginning to discolor from your chakra use in the tournament, which means that the Kaiku’s evolution is going to start very soon. Don’t panic.” She didn’t know if she could if she tried. “I have a way to stop this. Ever since your mother died, I’ve been searching for a way to contain the spirits’ influence, and I’ve found it. I’ve raised you to be a shinobi not only because the Amari required it and the Kaiku suggested it, but so you would become strong enough to handle this.” He rose, motioning for her to lie down on the table as he swept around the lab. His words only then reached Hikaru on an emotional level- because it was required, because it was suggested. More of her life that was set up for her, not genuine in the slightest. Who was she anymore?

Her father returned to her side, attached electrodes to her temples and her arms and her stomach. Wheeled a cart of glass tubes over to stand beside her like an unnatural bodyguard. Peered into her eyes, said about 2 minutes left. He drew a needle from the cart and raised her arm gingerly; it stung. “Here it comes. Good luck, Hikaru- just trust me.”

She stood on the balcony of their house, hazy and grayscale. Before her floated the blue figure that had appeared to her once before, with one hand extended to her. It descended as it spoke, “Miyazaki Hikaru. I am Kaiku, the denizen of your mind and soul and the one that harbors your spirit. Your time has come- take my hand, and realize your true potential as our Seer.”

Hikaru, on a strange whim, didn’t move. She didn’t take the Kaiku’s hand, nor did she refuse it; instead, she asked, “Can I see the spirit that you harbor? I… want to know who I really am.” She didn’t trust it in the least, but it was a question she felt she had to ask. The Kaiku looked a little taken aback.

“Very well. Your request is unique, but not impossible. Follow me.”

Neither of them moved. Then there was a gust of cold wind, and suddenly, Hikaru stood deeper in her mind before a faceless humanoid figure in white and green robes. Its body looked segmented and metallic, like an insect or a robot, and it didn’t move even as she moved closer to it. This wasn’t her ‘true self,’ clearly- but something about it seemed significant. She could almost hear a soft voice coming from inside the armor… before she could open her mouth to ask, though, the Kaiku’s voice came from somewhere above her: “This is the evolution. This is what your spirit is and will become. It is up to you to awaken it.”

She was on the balcony again. The Kaiku once again extended its hand, offering her the choice. She tried to ask it another question, but out of the haze, she heard her father’s voice, colored with a startling hatred and impatience, “Hikaru! The DNA transfer is finished- control it, and destroy that thing before it kills you!”

The girl was trapped between choices. DNA transfer…? She reached out a hand in the Kaiku’s direction, poised to accept its hand and strike it with some unknown power at the same time. But as she did so, she thought of the soft voice- the voice that had seemed to reassure her, to tell her what was happening to her and what it meant clearly and calmly. She wanted to find that voice. Not the divine obligation of the Kaiku, not the brazen anger of her father. As she thought this, a name appeared in her head: ‘Ukabu.’ To float to the surface, or come to mind.

The Kaiku retracted its hand sharply before she could do anything. “You have made your choice… you may think that it is an admirable one, but you are wrong. You’ve only abandoned your fate…” Hikaru didn’t really care. She was already on the verge of collapsing inside her own head-space, thoughts and doubts about her past and her future swirling like sails in the wind around her. The Kaiku faded from her mind, leaving only the balcony and the faint voice of her father. She made a conscious effort to wake up again…

Suddenly, the world went gray, then black. Her eyes flew open, but she couldn’t see, only hear exclamations of rage and fear from beside her. Her father was rummaging through his phials in panic. Teru was silent, breathing quickly. And Hikaru… she touched her eyes, fear dissolving her remaining senses. The world remained dark, even as she blinked, rubbed her face, grasped at the side of her father’s white lab coat. His hands pushed her gently but quickly back into a lying down position on the table, and kept her there. He kept talking as he moved around nearby. “As it turns out, there's some history between the Amari and the Hashigaki clans. They used to be closely related, with a few families intermarrying, but they cut ties with the Amari after they began creating the Kaiku. To my knowledge, they're naturally proficient at controlling spirits... so I’ve injected genetic data from the Hashigaki into your body to ward against the influence of the Kaiku. It's just beginning to take effect, I believe”

“Father.”

“You’ve been surprisingly receptive to it- likely because you're descended from one of the Hashigaki who married into your mother's clan. Normally, DNA transfer and amalgamation isn't this easy, which I owe to the remnants of your mother's exceptional stores of chakra inside of you. Even if the Amari’s methods are despicable, the vessels they can produce are nearly second to none…”

“Dad!” Hikaru shouted. The noise of his moments stopped. “I… I can’t see.”

He was quiet for a long moment. “You’re alive, which means you resisted the Kaiku. I’m infinitely grateful for that.” Another terrifying pause. “This may be a side-effect of the Hashigaki DNA, or further sabotage from the Amari. Stay here- I have to retrieve more of our genetic stores to stabilize you and extract the spirit.” And he was gone.

Hikaru laid on the table, breathing heavily and feeling as though the whole world was spinning. She was the Amari’s Seer, except she had refused the position somehow and was... nothing, for now. There had been some kind of spirit inside her, but she suspected that the Kaiku itself had gone. She felt… less like herself. A creeping, horrible feeling rose in her chest, that her identity had been manipulated in part by the Amari’s spirit, but the medical part of her mind shelved that concern for later. For now: she was blind, had been injected with foreign DNA that was now a part of her body (possibly permanently), and… she knew how her mother had died. Too many things were happening at once, too many revelations- she had to get out of the house. Her father had broken her trust, that much she knew. She couldn’t keep track of all of the ways or everything she learned he’d been keeping from her, but she felt ‘stable’ enough without more forced injections. And… Hikaru remembered the soft voice coming from the faceless figure in her mind, remembered the name she had heard. Ukabu. Some part of her didn’t want it extracted from her, even if it could be completely safe to do so- which she knew it wasn’t.

Teru spoke up, her voice hoarse. The Medical Chief had a feeling that the night had been very nearly as mentally devastating for her cousin as it had been for her. “Hikaru… I think you should leave. Your Dad doesn’t seem right, and… as much as I’m concerned about the future of the clan, I think he’s more of a danger to you right now than… than the Kaiku. Is there anywhere…”

She sat up slowly, testing her arms and legs for numbness or pain. “Yes. There is somewhere. Here, can you help me…” She reached out her arms, and felt her friend take them a moment later. Following her lead, they made their way back up the stairs and out of the house, into the warm rain outside.

--
WC: 2,631
TWC: 3,114 - counting this thread

Applying for the Jinchuuriki Kinjutsu: my chosen element is Sound, and my chosen alignment is Cursed.

BL/CA Swap:

Swapping from Chakra Attuned to Hashigaki.

Name: Miyazaki Hikaru
Character Profile: Here
Link to Where Current Core Ability Was Approved/Given: Character Creation

Total WC requirement is 1500 (Kinjutsu) + 500 (remove Chakra Attuned) + 200 (add Hashigaki) = 2,200

[Topic entered and left with PC Miyazaki Hikaru and NPC Amari Teru]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back