Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Proposition [Hikari and Ayumu]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Yuuto walked casually to the Torre Celeste. His back straight, and his chin high. His mind was focused and clear for what he had in store for Kumogakure. The time of the weak links was over, it was time to usher in a new era. As long as he stood strong, he'd be intent on freeing this village from danger or as much as he possibly could. There was a certain person who wasn't helping with that, and it was beginning to disgust him. However open rebellion was never a good thing. Sometimes showing was better than fighting against the power. If he could get himself into power he could make the change he wanted to see. Every good person started small however, his rise would be something of respect.

Two Masaru kinsmen were helping him out today delivering messages to Ayumu and Hikari. He wished to meet with them privately to discuss the village and it's current state of affairs. Each would receive a black letter, with words scrawled in silver ink. The message would be written in Vulgar in case anyone had the hankering to simply steal the letters. For some reason a lot of people thought that learning Vulgar was something archaic and unimportant. How silly those people were. Yuuto would make way to the same conference room that he met Zaku and Hoshikata in. He'd have documents laid on the table. They were information on Miroku Akkuma and what techniques he managed to gather from him. Snapshots of him in action as well and the cursed seals that applied to Meka and "Doku". There was also a plastic bag with burnt yen inside, and a chest with scorch marks all over it and residue from the yen.

Χαιρετισμούς,

Η επιστολή αυτή έχει παραδοθεί σε σας για μια ειδική αιτία. Θα ήθελα να ζητήσει επίσημα να παρακολουθήσει μια συνεδρίαση στην συνεδριακές αίθουσες του Πύργου. Αυτή η συνάντηση είναι για τις δυνατότητες αναδιάρθρωσης του χωριού σύννεφο. Κατά την τελευταία εβδομάδα είχαμε σημαντικές διαταραχές και ακόμη και μήνες πριν ότι υπήρξε σταθερή διαταραχές από τους ξένους. Έχει υποπέσει στην αντίληψή μου ότι μερικοί από αυτούς τους ανθρώπους είναι απλές μισθοφόροι, άλλοι ξένες ομίχλη στρατιώτες. Έχω κάποιες ιδέες που θα μπορούσαν να ενοποιήσει το κεντρικό κατάστημα και το Anbu. Έχω εμπιστοσύνη στην κρίση σας και ελπίζω ότι θα παρακολουθήσουν αυτό. Θα είμαι στο ίδιο δωμάτιο που είχαμε Zaku και Hoshikata μέσα.

Με εκτίμηση,
Masaru Yuuto

He'd sit at the round table, awaiting for the leaders to show up. Hopefully they'd heed his request, and make their way to him. Even if unwanted guests decided to show up as well, he wouldn't allow that to deter him. He'd stick to the point and focus on his plans for unifying Anbu and Main Branch. He knew that the current affairs of the Gates were at fault because of the process and decree of the Raikage, and it was only going to get tougher.

[Letter is in the spoiler]
Greetings

This letter has been delivered to you for a special cause.

I would like to formally request that you attend a meeting at the Tower's conference rooms.

This meeting is about the potential of restructuring cloud village.

Over the past week we've had major disturbances and even months before that it has been constant disruptions from foreigners. It has come to my attention that some of these people are simple mercenaries, others foreign mist soldiers.

I have some ideas that could unify main branch and the anbu. I trust your judgement and hope that you will attend this.

I will be in the same room that we had Zaku and Hoshikata in.

Sincerely,
Masaru Yuuto

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu sat at his Sileo desk, diligently filling out paperwork for various things. Mission assignments, equipment requests, mission reports: you name it, it was on his desk. As he was staring at a request for an inflatable mattress for a mission, a black letter was slipped onto his desk which grabbed his attention. Not taking a second glance at the current equipment request, he grabbed his [DENIED] stamp and pressed it onto the paper before sliding it aside and moving the letter in front of himself. The letter, printed on black paper and scrawled in silver ink, was a welcome change of pace from the white paper, black letter forms that he saw no end to. "Hmm, well, 10/10 for presentation," Ayumu mumbled, unfolding the letter to read the contents. The language that met his eyes was not the common tongue, but Vulgar Kumogakurian, a language known by only those who took the time to learn it themselves as it was no longer taught in schools. In Ayumu's time, it had been required to learn it.

His eyes skipped to the end of the letter to see who it was from. Masaru Yuuto. The man who had come to see him a few days ago and whom he had subsequently asked to sit in on the meeting with Hoshikata as a guard. He had gone a little further than just that, speaking his mind on the matters. It had seemed that he left the meeting a bit unsatisfied with how it had turned out. Ayumu returned to the top of the letter and began reading the familiar characters. Yuuto was requesting a meeting, this time not in the confines of Ayumu's office, but in a conference room at the Torre Celeste. The subject of the meeting was the unification of the Main and ANBU branches. Given that and their meeting location, Ayumu assumed he had invited the Main Branch Sennin as well. "Hmm.... well, I suppose I can see what he has to say," Ayumu mused, folding the letter back up and placing it aside. The ANBU that had brought it to Ayumu also stated that the courier had given him a specified time, which he provided to Ayumu. Ayumu decided to set aside the time to attend.

---Time of the Meeting [...perhaps a little late]--

Ayumu opened the door of the conference room, stepping inside to find Yuuto seated as a round table, waiting. Ayumu nodded and walked in, taking a seat across from Yuuto. "Good afternoon," he said, crossing one leg over the other and leaning back in his seat. He took a quick glance around, just for show as he already knew they were alone. Hikari wasn't present. He had no idea if she intended to attend the meeting. Of course, a discussion of the unification of the Main and ANBU branches would benefit from having both leaders in attendance, but if nothing else Ayumu could take Yuuto's ideas to Hikari himself. Hopefully she would show up, however, but it wouldn't be surprising if she turned out to be too busy to attend. "So, what will we be talking about today?" Ayumu asked, taking a look at the various things spread across the table. Given the photos and plastic bags, it seemed like it was evidence of some sort that he wished to present. The photos depicted Miroku Akkuma, though Ayumu would have to wait for Yuuto's description to know what this was about.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
As if by the baby black Raiden someone had finally came. The door creaked open and a smile spread across his face. It wasn't just another person checking if the room was vacant this time it was Ayumu. While Hikari hadn't shown up yet he was glad at least one person did. Ayumu got straight to business with a greeting and then asking about the meeting. "Good evening to you as well. As you may or may not know our Gates have been the results of multiple attacks. From numerous reports to first hand interactions. This most recent disruption caused by Miroku Akkuma a man who had been using Hayata Shin's name as a shield has been the forefront of my mind." Yuuto would bring his hand up over documents and open the folder. Inside would be a flyer with an advertisement:
Do You Seek Power? After A Sensei That Can Help You Achieve Your Dreams? Look No Further! Tonight At Six, Have A Meeting With Destiny At The 'Ramen House Of The Gods'

Miroku Akkuma ~ Demon Sage & Mercenary of the Wastes

"Now it's up to you, will you take the first step necessary to finding power? Or will you let your resolve falter and ignore your desires. Show that you can have the will necessary to succeed."​
<i>
</i>

Then he'd brandish the copy of Akkuma's techniques.
Custom Jutsu:

1: Name of Jutsu: Miroku Clan [Archive Jutsu]

Link to Approval: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&p=78754#p78754

CRPJ's Effect: Creates an exact replica of any book, scrolls or tablets. Using his basic knowledge of senjutsu chakra Akkuma copies the item.

Requirement: Must have item intending to copy in users possession.

Reason why it cannot be used in battle:
It takes complete concentration and for one to focus their senjutsu chakra in a more higher level than usual. Maintaining the focus required would prove impossible in battle.

2: Name of Jutsu: Corpse Messenger no Jutsu [Demon Sage Jutsu] [Requires Dead Soul Technique/Corpse Soil/Jutsu Creator]

CRPJ's Effect: Allows Akkuma to use corpses as messengers using a seal to store Senjutsu chakra. The seal ensures that the corpse does not decay until the destination is reached. Unless battle is initiated in which case the seal senjutsu flow is interrupted and the corpse decays at an extreme rate, reaching full decomposition in a matter of seconds.

Example RP of how it will be used: Akkuma needed to report back to Masa however he still hadn't finished all of his 'personal' tasks. Summoning a corpse Akkuma uses his Corpse Messenger no jutsu to create a corpse tasked with informing the Mizukage of his current location and the status of his objective. One would not notice the corpse was a corpse unless they got close enough to smell the scent of old death or have some chakra sight. Capable of conversing and traveling all terrain so long as the seals senjutsu chakra is not running out.

Reason why it cannot be used in battle: Its impossible to focus the chakra and store it within the seal whilst in the heat of battle, attempting to do so is impossible as it generally takes approximately five minutes for the process to be completed. The heat of battle would also make it impossible to manipulate the senjutsu chakra in the necessary way.

Limitations:
I'm happy for limitations to placed on this for example, can only have x amount of corpse messengers active at any given time. Or corpse messengers must stay within same country as user [would prefer if didn't have to do this but if it means the difference between approval and rejection I'll do it.]

If you believe there is need for more limitations or extrapolation I understand and am willing to do whatever would make the team comfortable with the jutsu. ^-^

3: Name of Jutsu: Devils Gate [Demonic Ancestry + Gate of Enma Mastered]

CRPJ's Effect: Allows Akkuma to warp within a topic, by moving through Enma's plane. By creating his own version of the Gate, a black void opens up absorbing the half-demon and warping him to his required destination. Can take a single person into through the gate with him, entering Enma's plane.

Example RP of how it will be used: Akkuma was meant to be meeting an informant in one of local pubs to gather information in regards to a small gang who had been causing a lot of trouble. Not wanting to be late or risk being followed he used his Devils Gate jutsu to move through Enma's plane appearing at his destination.

Reason why it cannot be used in battle: It would be impossible to open the Gate in the heat of battle the chakra manipulation and focus required would be impossible in the heat of battle. Attempting to do so could trap one in Enma's plane forever, a place no one wishes to be trapped.

Limitations:
*Only usable within single topics [So cannot be used to move between topics
*Cannot be used for things such as Forced Exit/Entry, Running/Fleeing, etc.
*If wishing to warp with someone else requires their OOC permission.
Happy to accept any extra limitations the team feels are necessary. ^-^

Accepted Here

4: Demonic Regrowth:

Link to Approval: http://www.ninpocho.com/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=9620

CRPJ's Effect: Can be used to regrow arms, legs and the demons manhood.

Requirement: Dark Sage/Corpse Soil Mastered/Demonic Ancestry

Due to the concentration required to perform this jutsu is impossible. One needs to be able to focus on the arm as its rebuilt its not just one whole thing its thousands upon thousands of muscle sinew and veins. Along the other essential parts of arms, though due to his demonic DNA being used as the base cells the limbs will show demonic traits.

5: Binding Seal Jutsu

CRPJ's Effect: *Limits
May only have five-ten binding seals in effect? [Must have ooc approval]
Death upon breaking contract terms [Of course naturally anyone is more then able to roleplay the seal simply burning or not even doing anything at all as per the getting to choose if it affects them clause. Its up to the individual players whether they follow through with the death.]
(Mainly for Akkuma so if he breaks one of these contracts he dies [obviously at Suicide Costs/Penalty]

Requirement: Demon/Dark Sage

The sealing procedure takes five minutes, not to mention the control needed to scribe the seal upon to people simultaneously would be impossible in battle. Plus senjutsu chakra cannot be manipulated the necessary way in the heat of battle with the air thick with different elements.

6: Soul Devouring Jutsu

CRPJ's Effect: Used to devour souls and absorb spiritual energy.

Requirement: Demon/Dark Sage

To take someones soul they must be dead or fatally wounded. [Requires OOC permission]
Unable to maintain the focus needed to manipulate the senjutsu and demonic chakra simultaneously during battle.
Used to Raise Demonic Rank [Will be using 'Demonic Rank for personal plot reasons [demon hunting/recruiting/demon scholarly pursuits]
Ten Sinners Souls = E - Rank
Thirty Sinners Souls = D - Rank
Fifty Sinners Souls = C - Rank
Eighty Sinners Souls = B - Rank
One Hundred Sinners Souls = A - Rank
Two Hundred and Fifty Sinners Souls = S - Rank

Demon Souls Worth ~ One hundred sinner souls regardless of spiritual strength.

7: Demonic Challenge {Approved Here}
Requirement: DS/DA
Reason it cannot be used in battle: The preparation time alone to gather the senjutsu chakra would be suicidal to attempt within a battle. Not to mention the risk of losing control and suffering senjutsu damage.
Limitations/Restrictions: Used to challenge demons, can be heard only in roleplay player is in. [For my demon arc]

8: Demonic Mindlink {Approved in link provided above}
CRPJ's Effect: Allows Akkuma and up to X-amount of people to communicate via telepathy.
Example RP of how it will be used: Akkuma could feel the meeting heading down a bad road and decided to inform the others of their next actions "Alright be prepared watch the guards I'll get the old man." thought the demon he heard his teams acknowledgements and their usual rowdy thoughts of what they'd do should that happen. Chuckling he smiled a wide devilish grin as the first guard reached for his katana "Now!" thought the sage and his team disabled the two guards before they could even get a strike off. While Akkuma moved with blinding speed towards the old man coming to a stop in front of him. "Now that was silly wasn't it..." he said with a confident grin upon his face.
Reason why it cannot be used in battle: It would be impossible to maintain that kind of link in the heat of battle the chakra control required to accomplish such a feat is impossible to acquire.

9: Corpse Preservation Jutsu
CRPJ's Effect: Preserves A Corpse In A Sealed Coffin
Example RP of how it will be used: Akkuma didn't have time to work on this intriguing specimen he had to track the other one before he got away, with a few quick handseals and the use of his Senjutsu chakra the corpse was safely stored in a sealed coffin in the same dimensional void as his copy of the clan archives. This way the corpse can be used at a later date for experiments or for jutsu use. The sealed coffin keeps the corpse in an almost stasis like state unaffected by the effects of entropy.
Reason why it cannot be used in battle: The senjutsu chakra requires full concentration should one attempt this in battle the result becoming stone and one back with nature gone from this world.

10: Approval Link
Name of Jutsu: Miroku Clan [Archive Dimension Jutsu]
CRPJ's Effect: Allows Akkuma to store archived information, items such as tomes, scrolls, jars of organic material, tools, corpses {preservation technique}, other samples. Mainly a safe way of storing any archivable goods that only he can access.
Example: Akkuma had finally come to an agreement with the man now he just had to ensure the document remained safe so the man couldn't go back on his word. With a smiple hand seal and his mastery of the Senjutsu chakra the demonic ninja opened a small dimensional void around his hand that held the document. Smiling he retrieved his hand from the void without the contract and closed the dimensional void "Now its safe and away from anyone that would want to compromise it..." he said with a life knowing the man would have hoped to swap it with a forged document he had a reputation and that had been his downfall. Now the man worked for Akkuma bound by the contract he'd signed thinking he could remedy it by scamming the youth as he did others.
Requirement: Dark Sage / Miroku Clan
Reason why it cannot be used in battle: Attempting to open the dimension in battle would fill one with somuch senjutsu chakra they'd become a permenant statue as a warning for those who fooled around with senjutsu chakra.

"As you can see these techniques are of demonic lineage and while not a probably he states that you explicitly need demonic blood and dark chakra right? So I confronted him and questioned why he'd be claiming to pass on these powers and give people more strength if he didn't intend on changing them in some way, shape or form. While I'd usually let people learn what they want after the Hoshikata incident I don't want to risk another foreign person to take hold of people let alone students. I couldn't allow him to do this and I capped it early. However he came back to the Gates in a crazed rage and sought me out. However Doku, got to him first." Yuuto would then show the next set of evidence photos of Miroku Akkuma, the battle at the Gates, some more documents about Akkuma and a chest with scorch marks and burnt paper/ash. "So he forced a Seal upon Doku and then proceeded to battle me. When the battle had reached him in a disadvantage he gave up to run while I tended over Doku. Akkuma then left us documents and a chest full of yen. I burned the yen, but kept the content since its a possession of his and I'm sure if need be we could track him down." He then went onto another folder with a picture of Fuji Meka.

"The student that Akkuma sealed before Shin intervened. However instead of taking him away Shin allowed Akkuma to go banishing him from Kumogakure. Not exactly justice if you ask me but hey..." He'd be silent for a moment not trying to let his personal matters get the best of him. "I've spoken to the Raikage briefly about this but I believe we are not secure. We allow too many people in and not enough to ensure less collateral damage. He said you guys were working on something but allow me to throw two ideas your way." He'd bring out his Anbu mask and place it on the table. Then with a shadowed tendril he'd smash the mask to bits. The shadows would envelop the shards and use them to create a miniature vest. He'd smile at his crafty handiwork and though it was theatrical it was for fun and to get a point across (but more for fun).

"I'd like to form a unity branch of Main Branch and Anbu Branch. The Masks are a bit silly if we're not on covert missions and honestly making sure we're not known around the village is close to the bottom on the priority list. I propose the Kumo Sentinel Platoon a group of Anbu and Main Branch shinobi sharing a banner and task. To absolve the Main Branch solely of Gate Duty and to instill Anbu values in the overall procedures when it comes to hunting and tracking down threats. Missions for this unit would be of both branch's variety and they'd be the new force whom watch the gates of Kumogakure. Masks won't be necessary we need trust among the ranks and not this "superior" Anbu mask mess we've had for decades. I'd like to take head of this group effectively taking command of the Gates. I've met the Gate Captain once and have not seen him at any incident. From my understanding he could have already had rules changed and ensured to protect the village more only being overturned by the Main Branch Sennin or the Raikage, or the Elder Council if something being done wrong. I'd like to assume that responsibility while bringing more Anbu in to share training and keep up the Main Branch. In turn the Main Branch has more foot soldiers and they can keep us our forces at the gates up to standard. Now I know it's not perfect there are always cracks in the system but I'd put my all into protecting my home and never give up. I'd make it my duty to be there and support my people and I'd take it deadly serious. However I need the support of the Anbu and the Main branch sennin to make this work, and more than anything else your permission." He'd allow that proposal to sit there seeing as he ran his mouth enough and wanted to see where Ayumu stood on this bold proposition. He was only asking for a small bit of Anbu to take lead into this unit and the Main branch forces would fall in line if they had Gate Guard Duty.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
She sat in her office reading through meeting requests, and mission reports, in a rather snippy mood. The red haired Sennin had been busy of late, and with all that she had to do, the meetings with merchant leaders now seemed like a thing that was both unnecessary and irritating. "God damned civilians." She snapped as her eyes flicked over the lettering on the page she had been delivered. "Later." She said, folding the paper and putting it in the 'to be handled' pile. "Pressing matters... I wish I could make it so the most important envelopes turned red. Of course then half of them would be, and half of that half would be from merchant kings swearing their business was more important to the future of the village than the water supply. Ah... This is in... vulgar." She paused, "Probably ANBU." She muttered, opening it. "Another meeting. Gates... gates. Alright. That's worth a moment." She said standing and putting the envelope in her pocket. "Kuruson." She called, moving around her desk and out the door, "Handle all my calls. I trust you to know what's important. If I'm needed, call me, but I'm going to a meeting with another Sennin, so try not to call me out of it."

"Yes, Tanaka sama." He said, "Good luck."

"Thanks."
~-~​

Hikari showed up ten minutes late with a cup of coffee and a box of cookies, her hair was unusually neat, and she wore what appeared to be a heavy, well made outfit of blue and white, with a red tie. She wore black pants and thick boots as well as her satchel and hammer. Her clothes were notably different from what she normally wore. She had gotten them both because they seemed functional, and because they reminded her of the style her uncle had preferred for himself- not that she'd admit that. That bit of sentiment would remain buried along with the remaining grief she couldn't seem to shake. "Hello." She said, "Kogami sama, Masaru san, my apologies for being late. It seems there are more demands on my office than I am always able to fulfill in a timely manner. Hikari walked around Ayumu and set the box on the table, taking one sip of her drink before sitting. "Help yourself." She said, gesturing to the box. "A moment to catch me up? You said in your note that you wished to make a proposal about the gates? I realized you probably already went over it, so I appreciate your patience."

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu listened intently as Yuuto begin to explain why he had asked Ayumu to come today. He began by making a report to Ayumu on Miroku Akkuma, someone that Ayumu was fairly familiar with. He was aware of attacks on the gates, having experienced one first hand recently, but this was the first he was hearing Akkuma's name in relation to the recent incident. Yuuto displayed a flyer to Ayumu, which Ayumu took to inspect more closely. It appeared to be some promise of power for those who would come and meet him. What exactly it was he was promising was unclear, but given the demonic nature of the man it probably wasn't good. The next document Yuuto provided was a report on the techniques he encountered while fighting Akkuma. Yuuto began giving his report on how he had tried to put an end to whatever devious teachings Akkuma was trying to pass on only to have Akkuma attempt to attack the gates later on. Ayumu grimaced at the report.

"Don't these unaffiliated shinobi have anything better to do than start shit?" he grumbled as Yuuto presented the evidence he had gathered. After Ayumu's previous meeting with Akkuma where he had worked as an ally to take down another unaffiliated shinobi threat, he had hoped the man would actually be a true ally. It seemed he was no better than the fool formerly from Leaf who had attacked the gates and been turned away only to return later and demand entrance then retreat with his tail between his legs. "I am familiar with Akkuma. He aided me in taking down a homicidal maniac formerly from Leaf alongside Hoshikata. Because of that, I was willing to give him the benefit of the doubt... seems you can't trust anybody these days, huh?" Ayumu bemoaned, shaking his head. 'Then again, when have you ever been able to trust a demon? Should have known better than that,' he thought, chastising himself for being naive.

From the topic of Akkuma, Yuuto transitioned to a presentation of some ideas he had. It seemed the case of Akkuma was being used to support his opinions on gate procedures. He had apparently heard already of some changes that the Raiakge, Ayumu, and Hikari had discussed, though he was not clued in on the specifics yet. Ayumu listened carefully as Yuuto presented his ideas on cooperation between the Main and ANBU branches. Now it made sense why he sought to have both Ayumu and Hikari attend the meeting. Unfortunate that she had been unable to make it. Or perhaps not, as she now arrived just as he thought it a shame she was absent. She had come bearing gifts, which she offered to the two of them as she requested to be caught up. "Hey Tanaka-sama. Go ahead and fill her in on what you've already explained to me," Ayumu said turning from Hikari to Yuuto as he reached out and took a chocolate chip cookie. Alas, if only there was milk. He chomped down on it while Yuuto caught Hikari up, considering what the ANBU had spoken of so far.

"The two branches have had a history of cooperation, especially since the former ANBU Vice Commander, Takaki Masao, became the Main Branch Sennin. They've always worked together at the gates, though the responsibility has been mainly with the Main Branch and their Gate Captain. Guarding our gates is one of the most important jobs, especially now that it seemed every psychopath wants to come knocking. By no means do I think a cooperative group forming between the Main and ANBU branch to be a bad idea... it has worked well in the past. I was in numerous missions where ANBU and the Merces Letifer worked side by side when I was a trainee. I think it would be wise to seek cooperation from the Medical branch as well. There is a division that currently works with ANBU already. Regarding the gates, however, I'd like to hear Tanaka-sama's thoughts as the duty currently belongs to her branch," Ayumu responded once Hikari had been caught up, hopefully giving her some time to consider what she heard and form her own opinions on the matter.

[MFT]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari came late but she was prepared for business and hospitality. The Main Branch sennin carried around her hammer, it made him wonder if she could have been on edge. Or maybe she was just ready for anything that could have possibly been about to happen. In this case however she had nothing to fear or worry about least not from Yuuto. He'd slider over to her cookies, hovering over them with a hungered face. His eye twitched a bit, as though he was mulling over something and having an odd moment. "One does not simply turn down cookies." He'd dig in, eating one chewing with the happiest face you could have seen before, grabbing for another. While he munched, Ayumu asked him to inform her of his proposal. He'd stop wide eyed before wiping his mouth.

"Sorry about that, left a dent in your cookies. Uhm yes, my proposal." He'd walk over to the files he had accumulated and slid them over to Hikari. "You see, we've had quite the number of events. For one we had Hoshikata and his disturbances. We've also faced direct threat from other mercenaries it seems not able to keep the trouble back as of late. In these files you'll find promises of dark power by another foreign shinobi. An refugee from Mist named Miroku Akkuma. He called himself the Demon Sage, and wanted to pass on his abilities to other villagers. My assumption is that if one is to teach others how to utilize techniques that are explicitly noted needing demonic heritage would he not be seeking to convert them?" Yuuto would allow her to read over the document and report of when Akkuma had been confronted at the Ramen Shop. She'd see that he was trying to convert citizens and students. He was throwing threats at Anbu. His brother Uziuke also caused some minor property damage before they decided to leave. It would seem that her Gate Captain showed up as well, but he did not see them out.

Next he'd push her the file about the student Fuji Meka and "Doku" the Anbu. Hikari would see how the criminal sealed two people at the Gates and fought with "Zenku" extensively. If Hikari didn't get it by now, Zenku the Anbu, was Yuuto the "Chuunin". The documents would detail how he and Hayata Shin found Hebi another Anbu and Ryuujin in the cross-hairs of the Miroku Clan. Meka was out of her mind, and then Shin banished te demon rather than imprison the demon or kill him as he rightfully deserved. "The Demon Sage even went so far as to give us files with disclosure about his Sealing and demonic techniques. He even tried to give us Yen as though it was supposed to make up for it. I set the money on fire but kept the chest. Just another way we can chakra sense our way to him. Regardless the biggest issue I'm finding is our gates are lacking. We do not have good guarding and there is no incentive to keep people at the Gates. Furthermore our protocols aren't good enough but that should be taken care of soon. Regardless I'd like to get Main Branch and the Anbu working more extensively to get the gates under control. I'd like to give full disclosure to the Main Branch such as the Anbu who they are working with will not be wearing masks and will be who they are. We do not need so many secrets among each other. I would also like to head this Unity Branch, seeing as your Gate Captain is next to non-existent. He was never on the scene for any of those encounters."

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Hikari smiled as he dug into the cookies. "You're right Ayumu. We have always shared the gates as a responsibility, and there is a history of cooperation." She nodded. Ayumu asked him to fill her in. It was a large and very full sit-rep of what had been going on at the gates, "To add to that, my gate captain quit just this morning." She said, rubbing her face. "That was a bad appointment. I should have known better..." She said with a neutral expression. "I am aware of the incidents you have pointed out. Together with Hayata sama and Kogami sama, I have decided to close the gates, at least until we have our own internal workings in order." She pulled from her coat, a copy of the order, signed by herself. "For your review." She placed it on the table.
By Decree of the Raikage and the rest of Kumogakure's leadership. Kumogakure no Sato is closed from all foreign shinobi not associated with the village. Anyone who has no immediate need from Kumogakure or is not a current affilate with the village are not permitted to enter the village. Any infringement on this law will suffer legal consequences.

This law will take effect effectively immediately. The law will be release until the village and its leader feel it is necessary.

"In any case, I do like the sound of this unity crew, but as with my former appointment, I do not know you well enough that I should step out on faith for you, and I have learned my lesson with regards to faith-steps. Kogami sama, he is your man. Perhaps you could give me some commendation on him. I don't mean to be rude, I just need to be more thorough."

She took a sip of her coffee, and waited for what Ayumu should say.

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu watched as Yuuto, too, took advantage of the offering before them. He had no shame about his love for cookies. Ayumu could respect that. Once he had stopped for the time being, he began to sum up his report to Ayumu from a moment ago. After that, Ayumu gave his response and turned to Hikari, who gave hers. She began by informing Yuuto of the gate closing which she, Shin, and Ayumu had discussed and decided upon after the meeting concerning Hoshikata. She continued to say that she liked the idea of the group Yuuto proposed, but expressed her concern that she didn't know Yuuto well enough to place him in charge as he hoped. She turned to Ayumu, asking if he could recommend Yuuto. In all honesty, Ayumu and Yuuto hadn't met very long ago. Ayumu had formed some opinions of him since they met due to their interactions, and more opinions had formed as a result of this meeting, but was it enough?

"I do know that you've been active at the gates since your appointment to ANBU. As exemplified by your report, I know you will defend the gates. You've shown drive and dedication, and you are the very one who brought this idea to the table. I can't claim to know you very well, however... That said, I am curious what qualifications you believe you have to head up this group, Yuuto," Ayumu said, turning the question over to Yuuto. The ANBU had come to them with an idea, and it made some sense that he would head it up, but there would need to be some justification to that. Hikari was looking to Ayumu for his opinion of Yuuto, but Ayumu was not entirely sure yet, himself. Yuuto was here seeking a position as the head of this group, so it made sense to Ayumu to treat this as something of an interview. The question he asked was in line with such.

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Silence hung in the air for a moment. Yuuto thought carefully about his next words. "To begin that is a wonderful question. I believe that I am the best for this job for a few reasons. For one, not to sound cocky but I believe I am your most active Gate Guard. Maybe one of the most active shinobi in the village. I am also probably one of your most battle trained veterans as well. My clan hunts monsters for a living." He would pull up his shirt to show the various scars of battle and boy were there many. Three eyes these guys ain't seeing me. Yuuto would then organize all of his papers while speaking still.

"I'm also an extremely creative weaver of chakra. I can make many techniques and have an extremely deep understanding of chakras. I believe that I can figure out plenty of anti-gate bypass techniques. Teach the masses tools to sort out people. Mainly I'm thinking of a few at this moment. I'm designing a technique that allows people to exist in a zone where jutsu and chakra are null and void. The only jutsu that can exist would be this one, it's a trick to manipulation of chakra. To describe it better it's more if a dispelling agent and a detector. When created the user and those within would have to let accept their chakra melding. Then you rewrite them to become one agent that will veil participants. This does not mean that they can't break the bond, that's the point however. Any illegal use of chakra will knock the person back and then you'll know they were trying something. I can make up these things for days and nights. Our division will employ techniques to protect the Gates and keep out as many threats as possible." Yuuto would begin to stand up and stretch walking towards a window to look out at the village. He would inhale and then exhale smiling at Kumogakure.

"I love this village more than anything. It is my home, my career, and my haven. I only wish to see Cloud and her citizens taken care of. I have family, and friends here, places I love to eat, drink, and cut loose. My dedication is strong and I'd never betray this village's needs. I am a true patriot in all forms. It's why I've been so passionate since the first day I entered your office Ayumu I have expressed these same values and nothing has changed. I will always stand to protect my home from all threats." Yuuto would then sit back down and fold his hands giving pause before speaking again. He wanted to let each explanation drive home on it's own.

"I have a plan, I always have a plan. I'm a tactician and I believe I can inspire charisma in others. I will give them a leader whose there on the field with them so they know I'm watching their back as well. Our branch will produce more refined shinobi who want to do something productive, and even if all else fails, I will be there myself to overdrive on any slack. I'm not sure if I can offer anything else than combat skills, leadership, strategy, developed planning, and a dedication to my home/country." He would await their judgement now seeing as though he truly said all that he -could- say.

Yukari

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"I do know that you've been active at the gates since your appointment to ANBU. As exemplified by your report, I know you will defend the gates. You've shown drive and dedication, and you are the very one who brought this idea to the table. I can't claim to know you very well, however... That said, I am curious what qualifications you believe you have to head up this group, Yuuto," Ayumu said.

The Main Branch Sennin nodded, waiting for his response as well. It made sense to see why he thought he was qualified. He definitely seemed cocky. While she did see the value in he things that he suggested, she was both uneasy and reluctant about the idea of handing over the reigns of an area of her branch to an unknown. If Ayumu had been able to vouch for him, his character, she might have felt more at ease, but... "While I agree that you are a fine gate guard, and acknowledge that the gates have always been a place of shared responsibility between Anbu and Main branch, I am... Well, uneasy. You've made a fine case for yourself, but I do not know you. My last gate captain was a flop. I thought to put trust in someone as I'd seen them do well, but I didn't know him. I am now wary of extending my trust to someone I cannot say that I know. This is not a reflection on you, of course... It is a good idea. If I authorize this though, you would be joining Deathwatch. You may retain your place in ANBU with your sennin's permission, but I'll expect your squad to be at least half Main. I am not giving you Deathwatch, as that division is a rather broad one, rather like Main branch itself. It has subdivisions, like CID, which aren't related to your idea. You would be creating another subdivision, which you would command. Of course, as Sennin, I must reserve the right to revoke your command, or make recommended additions to it, should you prove unworthy,- not that I expect you to do so- or should I deem it necessary. I will also insist that you make regular reports to both myself and Kogami sama. I feel these stipulations are necessary."

Hikari paused, and took the lid off of her coffee cup. She then grabbed a cookie and dunked it in, before eating it. "You have people in mind already?" She asked, "If so, I'd like to see the list, and their dossiers if possible, before I give my approval." Hikari took another bite of the cookie, and looked to Ayumu, "Do you have any people you trust that you'd like to insert?" Hikari did very much, respect Ayumu, and paid deference in her own way, to his command. She hoped he'd have someone he knew well, and trusted, to put on the team. She had one name in mind, but wasn't certain how that person would feel about it. Of course, that'd be a moot point if Yuuto did not acknowledge the restrictions she called for, as that would be a deal breaker.

[I had a bit of spare time with which to work on this, that I didn't expect, so Yay!]

Kogami Ayumu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Ayumu listened as Yuuto began listing reasons why he felt he was qualified for the position he hoped to create. He spoke of being an active gate guard, which was certainly a qualification and also of being active in the village in general. Then he flashed his chest at them, just to show off his scars. He began organizing papers as he continued to list his qualifications. He felt that he had a deep understanding of chakra that perhaps few others did and that it would allow him to guard the gates well and teach others to do the same. He began to describe a technique he had conceived of, thought not yet developed, which would help him defend the gates by preventing chakra use without his knowledge. Yuuto stood and walked to the window, gazing out over the village. He spoke passionately of his love for the village and desire to see it protected, just as he had when he had seen Ayumu in his office the first time.

Yuuto rounded out his argument for himself by rattling off a few more confidently delivered qualifications. He spoke of being a charismatic leader who wasn't afraid to put in the work alongside his subordinates. If everything he said was true, he would undoubtedly make for a fine leader. Unfortunately, Hikari had concerns that couldn't be denied. Although Ayumu knew Yuuto somewhat better than her, even he was ultimately not that familiar with the man. This was a large responsibility he was asking for, and they couldn't be sure he was ready for it. When could anybody ever be sure about handing over responsibility? At least if they knew him a bit more, they could feel more secure in such a decision. Hikari moved on to discuss an alternate but similar idea. For a moment, it sounded as though she wished to poach Yuuto from the ANBU, asking him to join Deatwatch, but she clarified that he would remain in ANBU. The squad she proposed would be half ANBU, half Main Branch, a division of the Deathwatch under his command. He would still report to Ayumu, but to Hikari as well. Hikari asked if Yuuto had any in mind for this group, and also asked Ayumu about any he would like to place in the squad. This was the first Ayumu had heard of the idea, so he hadn't the time to give that any consideration.

"Well, perhaps this is a good starting place, Yuuto? A way for you to prove that you're capable of running with the idea that you came to us with today. I would like to see the people you have in mind from ANBU before I approve of them joining this squad within Deathwatch. That is, of course, if you're amenable to this," Ayumu said, looking to Yuuto to see how he would feel about the alteration to his initial proposal. In Ayumu's opinion, it wasn't that much of a change, but perhaps Yuuto would feel differently or be offended that they didn't trust him outright with the full responsibility of what he asked for.

[OoC: Sorry for the delay, new project at work is ruining my normal posting times... gonna have to adjust.]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back