Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Return of the Beast [Private]

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Inuzuka_Jinbei.jpg

A man with tanned skin, and a lengthy beard walked along the tree lines inquisitive of the area. His eyes were observant but stern as if each note he was making mentally was a detailed piece to a strategy. Like a commander looking over his home-front. He smirked at the thicker brush that hindered movement, clearly they would fit his need. He continued walking and observing the forest land even taking out the time to check the bushes for their fruit. It was lush and plentiful. "This is perfect, we could set camp here and then a perimeter. Hunting won't be too much of a problem, as long as we don't overdo it. Plenty of fruits and vegetables to go along with the meat too." His voice was rough yet calm. It was as if there was something more behind every word he uttered and every step he took. The feral man continued to survey the area until his nostrils began to flare.

It was like he had caught a whiff of something in the air. His eyes sharpened and if you looked closely they were a dark gold full and intense like an animal's. The hunter didn't wait any longer, the stench had excited his senses. He revealed a sharp grin and began to bound from tree to tree until he came to the top of them. His eyes closed as the scent was sniffed out in the air pointing him towards the west. Each step was full of vigor eventually bringing the feral man to a group of bunched up trees where a group of bears were roaming. There were three light brown grizzly bears prowling over their supper. A small pack of dead deer, about five or six who they'd just killed. With the bunching of the trees it didn't seem like the deer had many options and ran into somewhat of a dead end. His grin showed this was an advantage to his hunt, and he'd drop down into the bushes stalking the grizzly. Fingernails would begin to grow almost like they were claws bearing signs of his lineage. If one could smell anything they'd have smelled the strong scent of a canine from him it was extremely specific and unnatural.

He stalked his prey efficiently allowing them to feast lightly on their kill before making his own move. With great speed and force he'd shoulder rush one of the grizzly knocking it back before aiming his claws at the beast's eyes. Blood sprayed as he blinded it quickly. Before it or any of the others had a chance to react the man would point his claws upward and thrust them into the beast's chin. His arm tore through into the skull dealing a death blow. However the other Grizzly were now charging, at him ready to tear apart the new predator. He moved in a circle slinging the dead bear at it's brethren showing his monumental strength. One of the bears were knocked down, while the other kept coming. Wind began to surround this man's hands as he readied for the collision with the deadly creature. A fist would come into contact with the bear allowing the wind to shred it's face maiming the creature. The last grizzly wasted no time running away.

The Hunter allowed this as he began to lick the blood off his fingers before uttering a howl into the nature. This call was met with another howl in the darkness, but it sounded like a small choir. There would be a loud roar, on that a bear usually made but it was met with an unknown roar. The tanned man smiled as the sound of tearing flesh could be heard, and then there was silence. He surveyed the sky now a pleased smile on his face. "The night is upon us, soon we will feast and revel in the upcoming sign of destiny. The stars will guide our will and destruction of the kingdom shall follow." The resolve in his voice was eerie and startling.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The scent that carried was an old memory at beast. Gekido believed that Jinbei had died or perhaps went off to make his own pack. And perhaps the latter was more truth than he knew. But this scent that filled the Alpha's nostrils, it had changed. Where Gekido had taken pride in the more natural state of his Inuzuka clan, it did not compare to this mix of ferocity and blood lust. An investigation was to be mounted. Gekido and three other Inuzuka set out to follow this scent to find who might be the owner. While the Alpha wanted it to be Jinbei, it was possible that it was someone completely different.

As they dashed and slipped between the trees in the heartland, the smell of fresh kills excited the bunch and they began to howl wildly, their own claws extending outward ready to put up a fight for the fresh kill. The drew nearer to the scene of the kill and the scents were overwhelming. Kido's entire troupe were huffing the smells out of theirs noses to avoid being overwhelmed. The signs of attack grew more and more evident and Gekido called a halt to their movement.

The dead ursines were in sight yards away, and standing next to one of them was a very... different looking Jinbei. But Gekido would recognize this distant cousin like he would any of the members of his pack, still something seemed definitively different. There wasn't going to be much thought put into these words in the slightest. "I'd figured you dead, least of all run off to start your own pack. What are you doing back in lightning and why wait so many years?" he questioned with an aggressive manner. It had been a good long time, over ten years, since they had made their illegal departure from Kumogakure. He couldn't help but smile slyly. "And I hope you plan on sharing your kill with old brothers..."

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Inuzuka_Jinbei.jpg

The creatures in the jungle howled to Jinbei's words as he looked around excited and happy. The bears he killed and the deer that they killed would be gathered in the center of the forest as he calmly began to skin the animals of their pelts. However his concentration was soon broken as the faint smell of something familiar graced his nostrils. This scent was no regular aroma it was of his own kind or something similar. Jinbei for all intents and purposes was something different than the Inuzuka in his mind he had gone beyond the norm for his clan. His "companions" would rush off into the forest scurrying up the trees or stalking in the bushes. He did not want to reveal them to the enemy not unless he had to.

The scent got closer and within moments four bodies approached him. They seemed calm but clearly enticed by the smell of blood staring down his fresh kill. With bloodied hands would wave to the fellow Inuzuka who had just appeared. His expression did change but not one of excitement it was more soft as if he was feeling old memories. He did not have the best of times in his clan in fact they treated him like trash due to the stigma of an omega, but none the less they had given him his hyena the one force that had got him through so many tough years. Yet last he knew his cousin was a part of Kumogakure what could be expected of this encounter may not have been friendly.

He observed the man who smelled like his cousin but he did not look like him. His eyes didn't seem as wild, but they were definitely more wise. It was if this Gekido had seen something or been broken by someone. Whatever changed him had to be tremendous but then again he was probably thinking the same thing of Jinbei. They both had changed and it was yet to be determined if better or for worse. Gekido without much of a hello or happy to see you began to demand answers. He thought the ex-Omega was dead, that was good it's what he wanted for the Kumogakure. He mentioned a pack which made Jinbei smile clearly his cousin had not lost his senses. His actual question was more irrelevant to the response that his cousin would give.

"You can smell them? I'm not surprised you can but I wonder did you think them human or beast?" Jinbei would turn his back for a moment but would tilt his head still looking at Gekido. "Be calm and don't make any sudden movements." Jinbei's teeth would begin to grow in size and become sharper like fangs. His golden eyes glowed more like a creature's. The were not the same baby blues he had upon birth. His head would turn up towards the sky as a loud roar bellowed throughout the jungle. This roar was similar to a wolf's howl but much deeper and much louder. As the bellowing call ended, almost immediately they would hear the pit pat of paws breaking branches and rustling leaves. Out of the nature large creatures would come into open view. They were large, had full bodies of fur in shades brown, gray, or black. Their eyes lit like Jinbei's but not as bright. Their claws and fangs were twice the size of any normal animals. The other odd fact was that some of them stood on two feet rather than four like they were almost human. If Gekido hadn't figured it out yet these were werewolves. People who'd been turned into beasts and they loyally followed Jinbei.
603687-bigthumbnail.jpg

"Shed your fur." The words came out calmly and coolly like a command, and without hesitation the beasts complied. Slowly fur would begin to fall off of them as their body lightly contorted shrinking down in size. Their human features would begin to take over turning them back into "People". All of them had some hint of gold in their eyes. Their naked bodies weren't anything they shamed or hid as the pack stared down Gekido. "No need to worry this is my cousin, finish skinning the animals. Jin, Kai and Rina set up camp." His pack would nod their heads and begin to break off doing what needed to be done. Jinbei would look at his cousin's group and ask a question of Gekido. "I don't mind sharing, but I hope that means they don't mind helping with skinning, cooking and setting up my camp." He'd begin to walk away from making a motion for Gekido as he wanted to speak to him alone. When they finally had some form of separation from the group he'd begin to speak again.

"You look tired and out of options cousin. Do you still fly the banner of Kumogakure?" He'd give pause before speaking again. "Your question from earlier, there are a lot of reasons why I didn't come back immediately. What you saw is the tireless fruits of my labor. Learning how to change the shape of my body, and utilizing our Inuzuka techniques without a companion. Learning how to tap into the beast within ourselves. There were sacrifices to obtain what I did but it was all necessary. I wonder what did Kumogakure tell the clan when I never came back home from that mission?" He'd silently give Gekido time to respond to the question but it wouldn't change his explanation.

"I'll never forget that day Gekido. We were pinned down by Bear Country and Sheeva put herself in harms way to save us. I'll never forget that shinobi's smug face as he slayed my companion to save his own hide. I'll never forget scarring them before getting tossed off that mountain. I spent years traveling and training around the world. I gathered people who I felt were worthy. People who were on their death beds, criminals, warriors. I gave them the bite a gift of my legacy. Now I came back to extend this to Kumogakure whether they want it or not. What of you Gekido, where do you lie in the affairs of Lightning Country?" He'd lean against a tree smirking as he awaited his kin's response. How little did Jinbei know the interesting truth of Gekido. Needless to say this encounter would be life changing.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths

Rather than answers, Jinbei made a cryptic inquiry and directed the elder alpha of the Inuzuka to remain calm. As if Gekido wasn't going to be calm. Life had granted him experiences and time to temper his resolve against surprises of any kind.

But this... well this was something different...

As the creatures of the moon appeared unto Gekido and the small squad of Inuzuka he had brought along, he remained motionless, though his expression was that of surprise and intrigue. Though the three young men behind him were growing agitated along with their ninken. Judo quickly silenced them with a low growl. The alpha looked around himself, examining Jinbei's pack and their forms. With a command, Jinbei had them revert their forms to their once human selves. It didn't seem like a jutsu, at least, that's what the damaged byakugan underneath his eye patch would tell him.

Things seemed to return to normal, and Jinbei requested his trio's help only to which Gekido nodded his head and motioned with his hand. The three seemed apprehensive, and Judo barked loudly at them which hastened their steps. The alpha sighed and shook his head. There would be beating when they got back to camp...

Gekido followed Jinbei away from the camp to where they might speak privately. He had much to talk about. However his first question was the mot humorous. Gekido loudly chuckled and shook his head as Jinbei continued onward till he concluded with his own pondering on how the village responded. "Well, the guys who came back said you fell in battle. I would have gone after you if, well, if I didn't take a trip of my own."

Jinbei spoke of that mission, of how those bastards killed off his ninken, even if it was unnatural to the Inuzuka way. The death of a ninken was like taking a person arm, no, a piece of their soul. It was rare, but some have committed suicide after their companion died in battle. The omega's response to what had happened was understandable, now he'd come back with this new found power. The impressive ability to channel the inner beast and transform without a ninken, and with a loyal pack of those who could use this ability as well.

Then his intentions were announced, and he wondered just where Gekido stood in the game of thrones. Gekido's toothy smile shined under the moonlight. "I don't think you would believe me if I told you." began the alpha. "I am no ally of Kumogakure. The Raikage is a weak man with no power behind his words. He commands no authority. People listen to him simply out of duty. So I've chosen to ally myself with different interests. Unfortunately, while I'd like to move the clan out of the forests, the village doesn't want to lose their best trackers. Moving that many people isn't easy either. Finding another home who will deal with us isn't easy." he sighed.

Turning, he looked at Jinbei's golden eyes with a frown. "Steer clear of southern lightning country. You don't want to be nearby come three days from now. You've felt the earthquakes recently right? They aren't natural. You'll see then who I have chosen to ally myself with. Now, just how do you plan on extending this gift of yours to Kumogakure. Dozens of mercenaries and former shinobi of leaf and mist have come and caused trouble for the village. Getting in without a good reason is going to be tough, especially for someone thought dead."

Enatsu

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Inuzuka_Jinbei.jpg

It seemed as though Gekido left Kumogakure behind as well. He took a trip shortly after Jinbei's 'death' to think how different things would have been if he stuck around. The Raikage was a weak man who didn't have an inch of balls behind his convictions. He had no authority in the village and even better his soldiers disrespected him. It was good a schism before he even had to create one. His job would be so much easier now that he knew Kumogakure would be ripe for the pickings. However when the Alpha sighed at the thought of the clan being stuck Jinbei scoffed. "That's not the Gekido I remember. Before you wouldn't have taken any shit and stormed out whether they liked it or not. Maybe that's wisdom growing on you there. If you left the village how do you keep in touch with the clan?" It was a pretty valid question all things considered.

It seemed like no info would be given about his new allies but that was fine. He spoke of tremors and warned Jinbei to keep from the Southern land something he would take heed of. If he didn't surely there would be bad to follow. He'd nod in agreeance with his cousin's demands while one of the wolf pack would come and approach them. "Jinbei, the food's ready and we got you and your cousin some fur to sit on." Jinbei in response would ruffle the hair of his pack-mate Jin. He'd then motion for his cousin to follow him. "Come get your fill my dear kin. I have a plan I'd like to express to you. Maybe it will pique your interest." He'd smirk again heading to the bonfire to sit with food in front of him. When Gekido arrived he'd find a nice slab of meat for him as well they were taking care of the Alpha's immediate family.

Jinbei however took his food and threw it to the smallest in the pack. He was a small boy, with freckles and brown hair. His skin was pale and his frame slender. "I find children like Notsuga there all over the place. Without a family due to tyrants. Now he's with me seeking to usurp that fragile frame we've followed for so long. You said that these refugees from foreign land and mercenaries are the source of problems right? Seems to me like I can use that to my advantage. For one I've changed a lot I doubt they'd recognize me, and two I'm not going to Kumoakure not yet. I'm going to plant the seeds of chaos first. I'll have my pack attack a nearby village on the route to port cirrus. I'll make it bloody and bad, done at the dead of night. I'll turn a few people and leave a lot injured. Then that's when I send for the distress signal. Cloud will come to the rescue but they'll only be able to find the destruction of farming village. Crops razed to the ground and people hurt so bad Cloud couldn't turn their head. I'll implant some of my own within the villagers ranks, wounded and hurt. They'll play the fools sustaining their injuries to keep them from healing. Cloud as you say is wary of foreigners, but their own people? Unlikely, it is from this I can get some people in before the full moon. My people will seek out refugees to infect secretly, and when the full moon comes, Kumogakure will have it's first outbreak. After that I wait and let things go. People infected with my bite or the bite of my pack will be influenced by me, not everyone will follow but I'll have a grasp on them, it will be intoxicating. It's not perfect but my people won't betray me and their the only one who knows." His voice was confident and full of conviction. This was something that he could not be deterred from, it was a goal.

Morishige

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The night carried on, Gekido learned of his cousins planned and relayed his own in confidence. They ate, traded stories and were merry. But, all good times come to an end and he and his pack had to return home. After all, he had a large family to feed and a clan to manage. With a promise to help his cousin, Gekido departed with a small smile on his face. News like this didn't surface often, and rarely was it ever this 'good.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back