Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Open The Roaming Flower Setting Roots [Requesting Kazekage]

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Chikamatsu Shin was finally home after many years of travelling between the lands studying all that he could find and collecting specimens and seeds of the various medicinal plants that were being used across the various nations. He was excited to return them to the Chikamatsu Arboretum, but it appeared that the village had changed a lot since his departure, most significantly being the completed ascension of the village. The Chikamatsu Arboretum, which was granted nearly two hundred years ago by Sunahoshi Akina in the sixty-fifth year Post Primus along with the more notable Toraono Dojo, now dwelled within the Ruins of Old Suna and was falling to decay and ruin with the Overseer of the Yurei Orchid being away for so long. Shin was hoping for a grant to build a new Arboretum so that he may develop the medicinal forest out in the sun and provide an oasis for the local flora and fauna to thrive. He had a grin on his face as he made his way though the Kazekage's Tower, it has been a long time since he was here and he doubted that the Steward Kazekage, Sousuke, was still the one in charge which caused him excitement to see who would be leading the village today.

Shin would knock on the door to the Kazekage's office. "Chikamatsu Shin, Medical Chief of Research and Development wishing to have an audience if you have a moment." If granted permission to enter he would take a few steps in and bow. "Thank you. We would like to start by thanking you for reinstatement within the village so quickly, We know we have been away for some time but we promise it has been to better serve the village." He would walk towards the Kazekage's desk before pulling out a seed from a pouch and presenting it in the palm of his hand. "We have found numerous medicinal plants on our expedition and we believe if given a chance to cultivate them..." He made a single handseal with the other hand to perform the Secret Art: Floral Fields Jutsu causing the small seed to sprout into a set of three large leaves and a single purple hued flower. "...they could greatly benefit the Omni Prime Medical Facility. For example," The handseal was dropped as Shin took out a scroll and gestured to a nearby surface as if to ask for permission to use it before placing and unraveling the scroll on the table top. "...this species of Trillium has been used to assist with tumors, inflammation, ulcers and is even known as the `Birthroot` due to it's magnificent uses in the aid of child birthing." His hands made a few seals before being placed palms down on the scroll to perform the Secret Art: Pharmaceutical Seal Jutsu.

Pulling his hands away the scroll would wrap around the flower before condensing down and breaking apart into six small capsules. With a giddy look on his face he turned to the Kazekage, realizing he had been rambling, "Sorry, we are excited about these new discoveries, we guess we should cut to the chase." He took a seat if a chair was available. "In our absence the Chikamatsu Arboretum has fallen to an abysmal state in the underground ruins, and many of the trees that filled our greenhouse have died off because we had been away for so long and it could no longer be fueled Natural Energy to supplement the lack of direct sunlight provided by the Yurei Orchid. Since the village has, at least in our eyes, finished its ascent I would like permission to start a new grove of trees to house the new Chikamatsu Arboretum where our clan can maintain it's balance without the need of our Yurei Orchid Seal thanks to the abundances of natural light being provided here on the surface."

((OoC: I am not trying to push the RP Zone, simply wanting to reestablish the clan's forest on the surface for IC reasons, if the RP Zone is denied I would still like to ICly begin growing our own little forested oasis in Sand.))

CRPJ's Effect: Summons forth a field, size depending on the strength and the amount of chakra emitted, of small plants, normally flowers or small flowering cacti but can include shrubbery or young trees
Example RP of how it will be used: Weaving the seals required the young boy placed his hands on the ground to turn the training field to a plethora of small dandelions. These small weeds grew quickly and began to sprout their vibrant yellow flowers. Almost making a carpet of petals the boy would smile as the field was a rare beautiful sight to see in the desert
Reason why it cannot be used in battle: even if toxic flowers are summoned into the field they wouldn't be useful unless they become equipped as a weapon for the user to use and would still require to have a poison applied to them.
Approved
CRPJ's Effect: A special chakra infused large sheet of paper is laid down allowing the caster to place medicinal ingredients on top. Enveloping the ingredients the sheet begins to shrink down as chakra infused ink begins to scribes seals on the now cylindrical shaped wrap. Further compressing itself and slowly breaking down into multiple small paper capsules the ingredients become completely merged allowing for on the spot customized medicine. An average of 10 capsules are produced upon each casting and each capsule is sealed until ingested by the enscribed recipient. Medications produced can range from common antibiotics to blood pressure pills.
Example RP of how it will be used: Shin walked into the study where he and his mom were once again working on mastering jutsu the boy may need to use in his career as a Shinobi. This jutsu was one the boy had been working on for sometime now and he nearly had it mastered. Making a series of hand seals the boy watched as the few ingredients placed before him became sealed inside of the paper. The ink sitting in the well beside the boy bang to steam to the large capsule and shifted into numerous individuals seals. As the ink settle the large paper pill broke down dropping a total of seven smaller versions. Each with the same percent and quatity of the medicinal herbs from within. Today he made a antihistamine as allergy season was coming up and his mother hated that.
Reason why it cannot be used in battle: Taking a lot of concentration to create medicine that wouldn't affect the tides of combat is extremely impractical and a waste if precious time
Approved

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Spinning around in his chair, his eyes would remain fixated on the ceiling. It was boring. There wasn't really any design to it and the color just happened to be the same as most of the wall. It's not that it was poorly designed or a bad color choice, it just wasn't exciting. He found solace in it. The mundane existence of the ceiling. Maybe it was because the reality he lived wasn't nearly as mundane. Maybe he was envious of this boring wall. Maybe he just was passing time because Yukina had actually left him unattended, so instead of working he was spinning around and staring at nothing.

There would be a knock at the door and his spinning would stop.

"Come on in" he would say as he would stand up himself from behind his desk. Shin would introduce themselves and he would smile back in response, bowing back to the formality of the newcomer to his chambers.

Yu passed along the paperwork for this one not too long ago. It seemed like a simple enough approval process for my part; previous history, passion, and a current lack of steady leadership in that branch. Wonder what ole Shin is here for... did I mess something up!?

At this point Shin would immediately go into their pitch; displaying the seeds, the importance, the flowers, their importance, the medicine, and its important, all in consecutive fashion. Was it a bit quick and sudden? Sure.

But hell, not wasting time. Need a couple more people with the same 'meeting' urgency as Shin!

He would chuckle a bit in his own mind as Shin would continue on and finally land upon the thing they were wanting the most from this meeting;

"Arboretum? Fun word, one I haven't used before. Chikamatsu Shin, I might be a little late, as you haven't already gotten to your point, but it is a pleasure meeting you. Ryuzaki Raizo, the current Kazekage. I assume the last time you were here would have been either the first stint of Takahashi Sousuke or Sunahoshi Katsuo... but boy, you didn't skip a beat just laying out all your thoughts to me, a stranger!"

Now he would find himself laughing out loud in good spirit of it all. He really did find it funny, and not in an ostracizing way, but in a genuine 'it tickled him' sort of way. A lot, especially from his perspective, approached him with more caution. Whether it was because he was the Kazekage or because he was an 'outsider' it always felt like people played it safe around him, more guarded within their first interactions. This person, however, did not delay and seemed to present themselves as openly and honestly as they could. The passion they held for their idea was very clear.

Placing his finger on a comms device stationed on his desk, he would issue an order, "Yukina, draw up the paperwork and fast track the approval process for relocating what remains of the Arboretum from the Ruins to above ground. Let's locate it in Omni-Prime."

He would then turn his attention back to Shin.

"That works, right? For its medicinal purposes but also because it could serve as something calming to visit for those at the hospital, whether patient or concerned family member or loved one of our patients."

This was Raizo. Honest and rather straightforward at times.

"Oh, hey, unless you had something else you were wanting to talk about... I, too, am about to do something interesting. Want to hear about it?"
YL7C24N.gif

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin was caught off guard. It was true that he had not actually met Raizo before this and he came in a mile a minute. His cheeks flushed red slightly as he awkwardly chuckled. "We suppose that is true, it is a pleasure to officially meet you Kazekage-sama. It was the Steward Sousuke that was here when we were last in the village before our exploration of the wild expanses." His eyes shift down and to the left to stop the eye contact for a moment. Though this man was younger than Shin he was significantly smarter and though the age difference has caused a sort of informal feel to the office he was speaking with his Kage and should probably wind it back some less he find himself in a disrespectful position.

"We appreciate that, Lord Kazekage, the Arboretum not only serves as a source of medicinal herbs but it is nearly sacred to our clan since it's construction so long ago." His cheeks still slightly pink he continued. "We, well I, think that the patients would love to see a thriving forest filled with wildflowers from across the lands, and reagdless of what my sister believes we will take care of it to our best ability." As Shin smiled at Raizo his eyes would speckle and shift from their cool and oceanic blue to a hot and crimson red for no more than a blink of the eye.

Shin would raise a brow, his eyes slightly pulsing with the tiniest of shard of crimson red appearing, as if something beneath the surface was trying to push its way out. "For you, Lord Kazekage, we always have the time to listen. What sort of interesting activity are you about to partake in?" HIs eyes dancing like kaleidoscopes as the boy tried his very best to suppress his sister's intent to interrupt their meeting.

Like a straw cat thrown into a glass room Shin could feel Kohana striking at the limitations that kept her at bay. She wanted out, but Shin did not want to risk the Arboretum because of his sister's actions. She was prone to speak crassly and was prone to violence. The last thing he needed right now was for her to attempt something towards Raizo just because she hated the last Kazekage they had met.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh! You have cool eyes... oh, sorry, got a little sidetracked... So, I should ask Sousuke if you are a troublemaker then" he would say with a little chuckle to himself.

He was a sucker for all of the interesting quirks and appearances people within this village seemed to have. From eyes with interesting colors to the secret skills they used, this village was full of a treasure trove of fascinating people.

Oh, it is a deeply personal thing, I think I might have miss read the situation. Damn, is it too late to course correct?

His hand would begin to reach over to the comms device again but would stop as it seemed that Shin would be on board with relocating the Arboretum to Omni Prime after all. They would say something else that would catch his attention, the mentioning of a sister. It now sort of made more sense as to why Shin continued to use the pronoun 'we'. And while he had most recently set his sights on the mysterious female from Cloud, it wouldn't hurt to keep options open within the village walls as well.

"Sister--"

Before he could go any further, he would find himself mesmerized by the eyes of Shin, which now seemed to be doing something he had never seen before.

"Oh, wow, you do have cool eyes--like eyes I've never seen before! That's awesome--crap, keep getting sidetracked. Anyways I am planning to do something that this village hasn't done before... something that might be a little out there... but my idea, I am calling it the 'Sennin Games'!"

He would hold his hands up, now standing from his seat, as if he was unveiling a non-existent banner.

"Got ya interested, yet?"

A devilish grin would now be etched upon his face. He hadn't really told anyone, outside of a select few who were in his office not too long ago, about this idea.

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Shin's cheeks took to a soft shade of pink as he blushed and looked away. "Erm-Thanks" He chuckled nervously. "Well we um, guess it's a condition we gained from birth, you see..." He sighed, how was he going to explain this. "Sousuke-sama would know about this, but you see. My eyes are Blue, but my sister..." He would finally start to lose control as Kohana took over.

Shin's emotions were compromised. We was weak willed at the moment and Kohana knew that as the moment to take command. A grin came to his face as she leaned forward towards the Kazekage. In a softer more effeminate voice she would speak. "My eyes, well you see... they are Red." Her eyes fully took the crimson hue as the specks of blue fully faded. "But let's not worry about that. The name is Kohana, and don't worry your cute little face about talking to Sousuke, what does he know? After all, he raised that little brat Teke didn't he?" she would shift in her seat and lean back, crossing her legs and propping an arm up.

"So... The Sennin Games What does that entail? I don't know if little Shin-kun has what it takes to take out the competition to win, but I will have you know I have no qualms doing what it takes to prove that I can be a useful tool for you. I mean a Sennin's job is to help the Kazekage with his every need is it not?" She raised an eyebrow with the last line said.

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
It would seem something was bothering Shin, as they seemed to be putting some thought into explaining their condition. If it was something from birth, chances are it was very personal. He couldn't help but feel like he had accidentally pushed Shin into talking about something he wasn't comfortable with, especially in a first encounter.

Shin would mention Sousuke...

I wonder what that metalhead has been up to lately, I should go bother him at his residency...

Then would mention eye colors as their eyes would begin to shift.

Ha, more fun eye tricks. This Shin just seems to have the eye talent for days!

Then things would seem to get jumbled up somewhere, as Shin's demeanor began to change, along with their eye color, and voice. Not just their voice, even the way in which they talked seemed to be different than from a few moments ago.

So is this Shin's impersonation of their sister? Kinda weird... but he is talking like he is the sister... and the eye color change...

His brain began to spin, much like he was in the chair earlier.

Wait a minute...

He would continue to look on as Shin--er, Kohana, would lean back and question about the Sennin Games. While his brain was still computing the situation, he would miss the more subtle insinuation by the sister, and would instead snap back to "all hands on deck" at the utterance of The Games.

"Well it sounds like you are wanting to participate, so I don't really want to spill all the beans and ruin the fun. I will say that it will be an assessment with the intention of not just finding the strongest or the most senior... or who has the most accomplished mission log--all of that matters, and all of that can play a part, but I also have seen first hand how this village has some hidden talent. People flying under the radar for whatever reason wouldn't typically be given a shot to hold this title; whether age or current rank or who has or hasn't seen what they can do. I need to find those that our shinobi not only would aspire to be but those that instill inspiration!"

Where Shin would have gotten caught up in their explanation earlier, he would now be the one getting wrapped up in a deep exposition. Truly, he felt like the Games, even though called a game, was something more than just playing around. This was a showcase of the village.

Cooling his jets a bit, he would calm down and reset, "Something like that, so would you still be interested?"

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kohana smiled. "Oh I see, a little group try outs is it? That does sound interesting." She paused for a moment as her eyes slightly drifted away from the Kazekage. "Shin is definitely interested, and from the sounds of it there may be a need to wet my blade so you can consider me interested as well." She raised her hand and let out a laugh in that typical tsundere manner. "What do you know, both of us are interested. That's a rare feat, Raizo-kun, a rare one indeed." Her tone became playful. Her eyes started to flicker to a slight bluish hue. Shin was trying to take back control.

Letting out a sigh she would continue. "I guess we will need to catch drinks some other time, to get to know each other more, as Shin...""

Shin let out a deep breath and grabbed the side of his head for a moment. "Lord Kazekage, we are sorry... my Seal of the Yurei Orchid has weakened on our trip and without the Arboretum's sanctuary it is hard to maintain the seal's integrity. Kohana... well, let's just say she has been more present than I would like." He said knowing he would regret it later as Kohana could hear his every word and that statement alone would probably start a large fight.

"As for the Sennin Games, if you would have us we would love to do our best to prove that we are a valuable asset for not only the Medical Branch and the Omni Prime Medical Facility, but an asset for you and the village as well!" His demeaner returned to the primmer and more proper mannerisms like it was before and his posture quickly improved as he spoke.

Trying to break any sort of awkwardness that could have risen due to his sister's precense Shin would try and make a joke. "We guess a bonus if we make it as one of your Sennin is that we are kind of a packaged two-for-one deal."

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
He would continue to watch the person before him, still trying to piece together the tone shift and mannerism change. Clarity, however, would be right around the corner as there would be another transition and things would go back to how the conversation began. While Shin began to speak on the help they wished to provide for not only Omni Prime but also the potential of being a Sennin, the Kazekage could not help but have a big goofy smile etched upon his face.

"My goodness, this village truly is filled with some of the most fascinating people."

After Shin dropped the hammer with the 'packaged deal' comment, it was no longer a guessing game for him. There were two people in one.

"First; I would love to have you... both... join in the Sennin Games! Second; I hope this doesn't come off as too intrusive, but I've never met someone with... your condition... and I would be really curious knowing more about how you and Kohana came to be... joined?"

While Yukina wasn't there, he could feel her slapping him upside the head.

"Oh, but not now! We just met, that would feel too forceful... your sister invited me for drinks with you, so we could save it for a conversation for another time! But before you leave, and because you are interested in joining, maybe you could be my trial run. I am wanting people to fill out this form before we start, it is a bit invasive so I bet people will hesitate... but joining this game will require one to really lay themselves bare before the eyes of the village. So how about you fill this out and you can be my first official applicant!?"

Full Name:
Current Rank:
Branch Affiliation:
Order Affiliation:
Jutsu Preference (Gen, Nin, Tai):
Element of Preference for Ninjutsu:
Weapon Type Preference:
Native Born Sunan (Y/N):
Are you wishing to participate in order to achieve the rank of Sennin or to have a 'performance review':
What will you do with the Rank of Sennin:
What do you desire the most in this life:
If you had to list one thing as your "treasure" what would it be; elaborate on why:
Do you really think you have what it takes to be a Sennin:

Chikamatsu Shin

12th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
"We would love to partake, and honestly there is no intrusion! We can easily give the simple aspect of our current condition." Shin blushed slightly as he said the next part. "Then, I suppose we can go get a drink and we can tell you more of our story, and perhaps we can get to know you better as well."

Reaching out and taking the form, Shin would begin to fill in the various sections. "In the most simple of understandings, we were, or are, twins. When we were in utero Kohana's body did not survive. There's stories of children awakening their genetic skills at surprisingly young ages, but it seems Kohana's mind recognized that her body wasn't going to survive the pregnancy, so she latched onto Shin's mind thanks to our Yamanaka lineage." He paused for a few seconds looking at the form before continuing. "But it wasn't until we were about ten years old that she was able to really manifest themselves, about the time that reports of Shadows and Personas were being seen across the countries. Though that was many years ago now. So from then on we have been learning how to coexist! We had a solution for a while with the Seal of the Yurei Orchid but it appears that once the Chikamatsu Arboretum fell to ruins so did my connection to my five other paths." He smiled as he handed the form back to Raizo.

Full Name: Chikamatsu Shin/Kohana
Current Rank: Medical Cheif/NA
Branch Affiliation: Medical Branch/NA
Order Affiliation: Oracle/NA
Jutsu Preference: Genjutsu/Taijutsu
Element of Preference for Ninjutsu: Wind/Lightning
Weapon Type Preference: None/Katana
Native Born Sunan: Y/Y
Are you wishing to participate in order to achieve the rank of Sennin or to have a 'performance review': Sennin/Review
What will you do with the Rank of Sennin: Lead the Medical Branch and help prevent the loss of Sunan lives through requiring all teams to have baseline of Medical Ninjutsu Knowledge.
What do you desire the most in this life: To serve the people of Sunagakure, as that purpose in life is more valuable than any other pursuit.
If you had to list one thing as your "treasure" what would it be; elaborate on why: The Ghost Orchid of the Chikamatsu Clan, it allows for us to connect with the ones we love more than anything else.
Do you really think you have what it takes to be a Sennin: There is no doubt.

"There's a nice little coffee shop not to far from the Omni Prime Medical Facility. Nice pastries and a smooth finish on their roast. If you have time, would love to see you there. We often take our lunch break there." Shin would start to stand up and bow to the Kazekage. Unless it seemed that the Kazekage had more to discuss, Shin would leave his office to allow the lord of the village some peace to continue to work without further interruption.

[Topic Left unless stopped.]

Raizo

11th Kazekage
Yen
ASP
Deaths
Listening to the story, he would gleefully take in every detail of the condition that afflicted the siblings. While some might not believe it or others might misinterpret it, he really did find pure enjoyment in learning about the people of the village, especially the shinobi and their various skills. They were all so fascinating with their little quirks, tragic but uplifting stories, and just their overall determination to persevere. These twins were a microcosm of the bigger picture he saw within this village; being dealt a rough to disastrous hand but finding a way to overcome and thrive.

"Sounds perfect! I will make sure to swing by once we get the relocation of the Arboretum started. I'd really like to see the finished product."

With that, he would take the information card completed by the spiritually conjoined twins and would slide it into a stack of papers. Bowing back to Shin, he would wave goodbye to the shinobi.

"I'll make sure not to lose your form, I mean you were the first official person to sign up for my games!"

Sadly, he would forget and misplace the paper.

[Topic Left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back