Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Study of a Journeyman [Tutor]

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The mould fell and landed with a thud, and the boy eyed it warily. He was reassured at the Steward’s words, but for a moment there he’d pictured trying to put it in his ear and it taking his earlobe off. He was baffled by the Stewards next words, and by the next couple things that happened. All he could do was observed blankly as a toad appeared and began rattling off what appeared to be nonsense as the Steward moved about, apparently gathering something from that nonsense. Much to his relief, Michi explained some of what was going on. Apparently the old toad was something called a contract summon, a sentient creature that wasn’t human.

The Steward mentioned something about weapons talking that Riku didn’t understand. Michi and the Steward had acted weird after she touched his weapons, though. Riku frowned. There was talk of worthiness. Had the weapons deemed Michi not worthy? Riku was insulted on her behalf. Michi was good. Odd, but good. Still, Riku couldn’t help but admire the earring when the man presented it. “Thank you,” He gave a shy smile. It was pretty amazing that the man had managed to interpret all that nonsense. Michi asked a question, and Riku listened curiously for the answer. Then Michi thanked the man.

Riku kind of wanted to leave by now. They still had yet to finish his weapon, but the day felt long and it was only yet early in the morning. He wanted to go home to Isamu. But he would go along with whatever Michi felt best, so he kept quiet instead of complaining.

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Sousuke would look at Michi and then to Rikuto. It was a funny and odd thing that Michi was asking this information now instead of at the time. He raised an eyebrow at her. "Maaya holds power. This is old technology, that is extraordinarily complicated. I might be able to figure it out myself based on an interpretation of her words. I might be able to re-program it."<i></i> He answered plainly enough. Maaya did not know that Michi was the mother to Shouki. If she knew, then there would perhaps be little to Then there would be another question. Sousuke would seem discontent. This was supposed to be a memento, but it was becoming more than that. "The gem will lose its luster."<i></i> He answered. Sousuke would hold his hands behind his back. He was thanked by both parties. Sousuke would step forward. The man's dark eyes would narrow at Michi. "If this product is used in any way to harm Sungakure or its peoples, I will not be amused."<i></i> He stated. Michi would see the details of his eye working. Little shifts in the mechanical aspects of the eye. She had called him sentimental. "Some would consider me being sentimental to be something of an evolution in character. Even a machine is capable of becoming something more."<i></i>

"What, outside of possibly being an Oracle, are you readying this child for?"<i></i> He asked a broad question. Most likely not the best question. "I asked earlier if this had to do with your wedding. Who is this soul stone meant for?"<i></i> Maybe a better question asked. Michi did not have her book on her person. It was entirely possible that this was off the reservation, and something very personal. Sousuke could only guess.

Michi

Legendary Member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OC: Sorry for the delay, I have had a rough few days.

IC:

Neither the Steward or the Toad made any sense, perhaps they were both mad. Certainly, they both were touched in the head. To derive something from the gibberish and make something from it.... she was not entirely certain she could trust the stone that was made. She had never heard of the technique, one that the man casually possessed. She prided herself on knowing just about everything so there was something immediately vexing as well as suspicious. Still, she did not know everything, just more than her fair share. So she watched, her mind like a steel trap she would endeavor to recall the steps, the words less relevant because they were Jabberwocky to her.

"If this product is used in any way to harm Sungakure or its peoples, I will not be amused."

Was he ever amused?

She nodded a confirmation that she had heard his words. His warning.

Even he admitted that sentiments were uncommon for the mechanized man.

"What, outside of possibly being an Oracle, are you readying this child for?"

That was the child's future, to become an Oracle. A life-long endeavor that the boy would have to continue to pursue long after she was gone. That was her lifelong journey, although it would end on a more personal note. "To survive better than I," she answered cryptically.

"I asked earlier if this had to do with your wedding. Who is this soul stone meant for?"

"That is not a question I will answer," Michi replied. There were things that she would choose to not share, just because she was burdened with the truth did not mean that some mystical force caused her to blurt out the words. All she needed to do to keep a secret was not answer the question. That was unlikely the answer that Sousuke sought. Her efforts in Sunagakure as of late have been suspect, but too often context is not considered. Too often presumptions and personal biases are used to formulate a picture of a situation or a scene. "But before you allow your imagination to run a muck, think critically about the truths you know," she instructed him. "The gem is in possession of a child untrained in its use and this novel item is also unknown to me.... what practical use would either of us have for an item. In fact... who else besides yourself and Maaya understands how to utilize this power." The stone had a use, that much was certain. But Sousuke made a rash assumption, he presumed that Michi -could- use the stone. A stone she had not known existed until a few minutes ago. What possible use could she have for something she has no mastery over? Yet she did have a plan of some sort, she would not state who the stone was intended for so she had an intention of some sort.

Sousuke was a smart boy, he would figure it out.

For whatever reason, her plan would be in jeopardy if she shared, at least she believed such. She would look over at Rikou, he had the opportunity to learn more than she had intended during this trip to the Journeymen's Hall of Hammers. It was intended to be a lesson in weapons manufacture but it became something more. A statement of ethic. A discussion about the Order itself. A demonstration of a craft and a tour of a private armory. Someday the young Inuzuka would recall this lesson that took a life of its own, perhaps it would be the heart of a chapter he would write on day posthumously about his time with her. "Again Steward, I thank you for your time," she bowed her head. "But my apprentice and I need to finish making his weapon," a simple enough of a task truly considering the design the boy hand in mind. It hardly required a forge. "And he also needs his rest," she claimed. It was far from the time where one would turn in but growing boys need to eat, need to play and relax. He was growing and developing in many ways still in the terms of his operations. Unlike her earliest days as an Oracle where she was shuttered in a library where she was expected to learn she wanted better for her successor, she wanted him to live what he learned and to be something better because he had the opportunity for greatness.
[Attempting to Leave Topic]

Notes said:
  • We have exceeded the number of posts and the word count necessary to complete a tutor for the week which is why I am ending it here. While the letter of the rule does not state that a tutor needs to be between 2 people, I recall that being the intention. I am not huge on training anyways so Sousuke if you would like to accept this tutor because you did do a nice soul gem and Contract demonstration with Rikuto I am fine with that.
  • As for the Journeyman order, which Sousuke heads please feel free to reference THIS THREAD for more information regarding this order.
  • This is a three person topic as you might have noticed. When attempting to leave a topic, you cannot automatically leave a topic because you just want to leave. It is always an attempt because someone can be stopped. For instance, Sousuke can stop me from leaving the topic by stating he has stopped me for leaving the topic. This is something he should clearly state (often with a tag). Once he posts again, either continuing the topic with you or leaving the topic himself, then I am out of the thread. There are some exceptions to this rule. For example, Sousuke cannot stop me if he is unconscious (such as in a moderated fight) or if he is considered inactive in the thread. Thread inactivity is defined as 5 days without a post in a thread. For more information regarding this, look in this thread.

Kyuuji

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The conversation was going over his head at this point. The Steward said something about not being amused if this was used to hurt people, and Riku felt offended on Michi’s behalf. While the Steward had been very nice to give this to him, it was still pretty rude to say something like that to Michi. Michi was a good person. Then Michi mentioned something about surviving, and yeah, Riku was pretty confused. Then there was that wedding that had come up a few times in this conversation, and Riku wasn’t sure what to think of that. After that, Michi challenged the Steward to think, and that was also kind of rude, but Michi was a very blunt person, so that was kind of expected.

At the mention of continuing his weapon, Riku was somewhat relieved. Trying to understand what was going on was existing. “G’bye, Mister Steward,” He bade farewell to the man. “Thank you!” He added again, not entirely sure if he had already said that or not, but if he had it was worth saying again, anyway.

[Attempting Leave Topic]

Takahashi Aki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Did Michi's words put Sousuke at lease? Not overly. Michi was a dangerous person. She had aligned herself with the Cabal. She was the mother of Shouki. She was not a member of the Deep Court. Each and every one of those things had meaning. She could not be blamed for Shouki. Shouki had aspects of her, and it was her keen intellect which proved problematic. Shouki could play cat and mouse games all day, and he would enjoy it. Shouki took what one thought was precious and play games with it. There was always the possibility of finding an ear or a finger tip in the mail when it came to him. "I trust you to teach him to survive your son."<i></i> Sousuke spoke lowly. That wasn't a threat. That was a reality. Shouki was going to return. He was going to return because he could. Maybe Sousuke was paranoid. Sousuke observed Shouki survive stomach acid dissolving him. That was pretty extreme. Sousuke watched Shouki dissolve into ash, dust, and worms. He heard the words of Jashin himself speak. Even a machine could believe in a high power.

Michi told the Steward to think critically. Given the situation, he did, and still did irrational thoughts work their way into the Steward's mind. An idea was infectious. It could take deep roots in the mind. The greatest virus in the entire world was an idea. Sousuke silently mulled concepts and played scenarios out in his head at rapid fire. Sousuke was capable of processing data and playing out end game scenarios in his head. Unfortunately, most of it was perhaps rubbish or extremely negative. Sousuke's eyes would shift over to Rikuto. "Remain functioning at the best levels you can. Should you need someone to repair your equipment, I am at your service. I bid you farewell, and may you succeed in your undertakings."<i></i> His eyes would then move over to Michi. "I am going to make contact with the loathsome Miroku Akkuma. Senju Kazuki deserves better facilities for his party, but I will work with the hand I've been dealt. I bid you adieu."<i></i>

[Topic left]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back