Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Toy Builder (Private)

Yen
ASP
Deaths
NPC
Gin Keiji

Another warm morning across the crisp snowy mountains, the light splitting through his window. Hitting his eyelids with a warm glow across his eyes. They open, soft hues of red mixed with the light of the sun. Blinding, he blinked a few times. Then slowly rolled from bed and began getting himself dressed. Today he was to bring some of his creations to the streets of the Cronopolis denizens.

Putting on simple threads, a long thick sweater for the crisp chilly morning. Long thick blue slacks and some clean shoes he fashioned with colorful stitching and patches of fabric. He liked these shoes, they made him smile with memories of simpler days. Getting from his room to the main floor, his home littered with his creations. The tinker toy creator, or rather he thought himself as such. Some of his creations were meant to bring joy and happiness to those less fortunate, as others were of more devious purpose.

He did not favor the life of a shinobi, but weaponry seemed to call to him in his creative genius. A builder at heart, but also skilled with a mind to learn and create innovative techniques along with his technology and skills of engineering. Putting pipe, electronics, and pneumatic energies at his fingertips was child's play. Most of his weapons acted on Pneumatic pressure and slowly he was working on functioning hydraulic weapons or improve on some of his projectile weapons with experimental explosive powders.

But today was not a day to be thinking about killing power of his tools. Today he was finishing up some toys he was building for the children in poverty or low income residence within the streets of Cronopolis. Of course, one of his many workshops were situated here.

Having placed the last finished toy in a large leather sack tied by thick rope. Keiji paused to look in a nearby body mirror in the hall. He could see he forgot to put on the make up and contact lenses. He reminded himself of the terror he had faced not more than a few months ago. But now he was getting more used to the demonic changes. His skin was sickly pale, his eye color had changed from a soft coral green to a bright vibrant blood red. His canine teeth were slowly even taking shape into fangs. He was slowly turning into a demon, much like his former friend who cursed him, demon's blood coursed through his veins.

The thought of it made him feel ill, so he always tried to cover it up by changing his looks to his former self. It would take him minutes to put on coral green contacts, and put on skin make up to look more healthy. But to file down his fangs and nails took a solid hour or two, tedious little chore but could not be passed up. By the time he was finished getting ready, the sun had moved and it was close to noon. Keiji cussed as he rushed out the house with the large sac of toys slung over his back, his long shaggy blonde hair blasted back as his feet moved down the street in great rush. A bit too fast as he was moving faster than he normal would and ended up tripping just a few blocks from the shelter where he distributes the toys. The sac flung past cussing madly as the toys spilled out all over the street. Keiji panic filled rushed about picking up the toys, face burning from embarrassment, hoping no one was around to see that.

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momoko was just coming back from her early morning training. She had been working on chakra control since before the sun rose but it felt like she had gotten nowhere. By seven am, her stomach had begun to protest, demanding food and something to drink besides water. Maybe a nice hot cup of tea to combat the chill that came with casually windy morning. She wrapped herself tighter in the kimono-like robe, covering the more exposed parts of her body. Traditional as mesh stockings and shorts were, they weren’t exactly practical when it came to life in the cloud.

It was still fairly early, so the streets were practically bare, but Momoko knew one little shop that was for sure to be open. As she made her way to it, she swore she could already smell the sweet dumplings that sat in the shop’s window, the flowery aroma of her favorite rose petal tea, and the kind smile of the shop owner that equally calmed and irritated her.

On her way, she passed by the donation center. She frequently would see people go in with a bag full of clothes or toy and come out with nothing. It amazing Momoko how someone could so easily give up their own belongings. Even if it was for a “good cause”, those things were bought with their own, hard earned money. She’d never understand the concept of just giving your things away.

Looking back in front of herself, arms wrapped tightly to keep the robe from blowing up, she heard a crash and small groan to accompany it. Before her, laying face first in the ground, was a grown man surrounding by an assortment of toys. The toys all appeared to be handmade but were crafted with such delicacy that it was hard to tell. The man quickly gathered himself and began shoving the toys back into the large sack he carried with him, but he was still too slow and she was trying to get somewhere.

Momoko cleared her throat once, but the man didn’t seem to hear, so she did it once more. Her brow was furrowed in irritation. “Excuse me?” the way she spoke did nothing to hide her emotion. Her red eyes blazed, giving off that she was angrier than she actually was. A strong gust of wind blew past them, blowing around her fiery hair that she had let out of its pony tail after training. “Your little trinkets are taking up the entire walkway.”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Keiji had spent several days making the toys. Each had their own purpose and individual to give to. He moved as quick as he could, but felt a bit winded and sick in the chest. He breathed and shook his head reaching down to grab a toy, his visioned blurred as he reached out to grab a small swordsman sitting on a warhorse, when the voice of some girl hit his ears and almost made him jump. "Eh?" He sprung upright, looking at the girl who was about his height. His blonde shaggy hair blown back with the wind, he looked roughly the same age as her. "Oh, yeah..." He mumbled as he looked about, scratching his head.

"I had fallen, dropped all these toys. Made them for the homeless kids down at the feeding shelter today." He barely made eye contact with her. He went right back to putting the toys back into the bag. "Sorry bout the mess, please watch your step. Some of them are made from sturdy metal parts." His roughed up sweater had a hoodie which he flipped up, hiding the markings on his neck. He looked like most in this area. People who are living on tough times, people who are just surviving. He had more then half the toys picked up in a mad rush. He was winded and tired, he looked thin and sickly, even with all the make up. He was pale as he stopped to breath and gander at the last few toys scattered about.

His hot breath in the cold air of the streets, looking up at the tall buildings that dwarf around him. He wondered how many more times he would be making this attempt at bringing joy to others lives. He had to worry more about himself, he had to find a cure soon. He barely even paid attention if the girl was still standing around, he had assumed she'd leave once the street was clean enough for her to walk by. He hoped no one would come by and end up stepping on the toys or take them. He sighed rubbing the sweat from his cheek, he continued picking up what few were left more slowly.

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momoko watched as the man hastily gathered up the finely made toys. Each one looked like it had taken days to make. She focused in on the horse and swordsman that the man seemed to gaze at for a bit before stuffing it into his bag. The details on the horse’s saddle was immaculate. There was cold paint ran around the edges of the wood, the swordsman’s great sword a brand new and shiny silver, and the uniform coloured to perfection.

Momoko rolled her blood red eyes, arms crossing over her chest. She watched nervous drops of sweat roll down his cheek and neck. There was a glimpse of something not quite skin coloured beneath the back of his collar that she tried to get a better look at, but he quickly adjusted his clothes to cover it. The droplets on his face were an odd colour as well. Instead of the usual clear sweat that one would normally see, if was foggy, more similar of milk, and it left streaks down his cheek bone.

“Makeup,” she spoke as soon as the thought hit her, not giving the word a chance to filter through her head first. “Your makeup is running,” she followed up with.

Bending down, she picked up one of the toys, turning it in her palms carefully, heeding his warning about the metal. “I don’t know why you would bother with makeup,” she started, handing the trinket to the man she was knelt in front of. “I mean, have you seen some of the people here? No one looks very pretty but they don’t try to hide it either.”

She wasn’t sure why she was trying to console him. She didn’t even know if he needed consoling. Although, he did look quite nervous so obviously something was wrong.

Shoving the thoughts out of her head, Momoko spoke once more. “What are you even doing with all this stuff anyway? Are you trying to play Santa or something?”

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The winds were chilly even in the thickest clothing Keiji stood for a moment to breath and relax. When he heard the girls voice again he paused in thought and touched his face again, realizing he had smeared the makeup and was sweating it off he cussed under his breath. Removing his hood and taking a rag from his back pocket and a small make up kit he had to bring around with him.

While wiping his face and neck he looked to this girl who was just standing about watching him, then she went and picked up one of the toys, and handed it to Keiji. He slung the long makeup stained rag over his shoulder. He know revealed how sickly he looked. His skin was pale white as the snow around Kumogakure's mountains. His eyes looked a bit sunken and bags thick under each eye. His neck, covered in what looked like animal bite marks tore his neck. He reach out with his hand and took the toy with casualness, tossing it in the bag with the others as he spoke. "Thank you. The make up is to hide the scars and how ill I look, don't want the kids to see me like this." Once putting the toys back in the back, he tied it tight, making sure it would not open if fallen again. When he listened to her ask about the toys, he laughed a bit.

"I grew up with loving parents, sadly they were busy being Shinobi. So I had all the time in the world to explore on my own, and I'd always come here. To Cronopolis. Where I found that the poor and downtrodden kids, to be the most kind and fun seeking people I've ever met growing up. But they had no toys, they had nothing for themselves but the sticks, stones and metal scrapes of the slums to play with. So, being someone who was fond with crafting things. I took some ideas from toys I've seen in shops around town, gathered materials from here in Cronopolis and fashioned replicated models of those toys. Not only cleaning up the Slums, but also bringing joy to others. Sadly-" He pulled out the make up kit and began re-applying a new coat and covering his collar of scars and marks, to color the paleness of his face that made his coral green contacts look more lively. "I haven't been myself for a couple months, hoping to change that and start helping out around here again."

He got up and breathed a deep sigh. "Thanks for the help, sorry for the inconvenience. You on some business here in the Cronopolis yourself?" He gave the bag a quick swing over his back and was ready to trot off once more.

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Momoko listened carefully the man’s story, almost feeling apologetic for calling him Santa. Almost. “Wow,” she breathed, watched as he meticulously reapplied his makeup. It was smooth and done with a practiced hand, covering the sickly looking skin and gruesome scars that littered his neck. “That is…tragic,” she continued, having trouble coming up with the right word. “But, Shinobi are busy people. It’s to be expected that they wouldn’t be around as much as other parents.”

Standing, she stood once again in front of the young toy-maker. His bag was re-filled with the large quantity of toys and slung over his shoulder to help with the burden of weight.

As she listened to his apology, a thought hit her, tuning out the rest of his sentence. He obviously had wanted to stray from the topic but something didn’t add up and, being the nosy person she was, Momoko wanted to know. “Are you not a Shinobi yourself? Those scars are ones that might come from battle.”

He didn’t look to be a Ninja, what with the amount of toys he carried, the way he dressed, and the makeup he donned. Momoko wondered if maybe he was injured and could no longer carry out he true duties of Shinobi. Although, he seemed to be walking fine, and his arms were working just as well. She couldn’t say much about his mental state, but knowing the strict rules on mentality here in the cloud, she assumed he was fine. There wasn’t room in Kumogakure for the weak anyway, injured or otherwise. Those who could not continue were usual left behind, not put on leave.

With each deconstructing thought, Momoko became even more curious about who this man was. “Say, what’s your name?” she asked, her voice, for once, not laced with annoyance but genuine questioning.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Keiji breathed in an agreement. "Yeah, I got used to it after a couple years. Mom was a medical ninja and dad is part of the main branch. They both work out of the village. Dad Usually working caravan guard duty and mom off nursing in foreign villages." He laughed a bit. "The stories they bring back when they are home are sometimes worth the wait." He didn't seem at all bother about his childhood. He had grown with very little to himself, but he seemed rather humble and down to earth, his soft green eyes looking about the street a bit. There weren't many people at all walking around. It was quiet. Deathly quiet.

Keiji could feel his chest hollow out a bit with worry as he finished cleaning himself up and was ready to move on. He thought of making idle chatter with this girl. Be a bit social, as he was unable to be around anyone the last couple months of the transformation. When she asked him if he was a shinobi, he replied with a bit of a laugh while saying. "Nah, I'm not meant for Shinobi life. The scars? They were when I was a bit younger, bout a year or two ago I was attacked by a wolf in the Ancient Forest. Was walking with a friend of mine from the Academy. "

"The wolf had sneaked up on us and lunged at me first, as I was the weaker of the two and seemed easy prey. It had it's maw around my neck. My friend tried attacking the wolf, but it would only continue to gnaw and bite me. He was able to kill the wolf but I was in critical condition and lost a lot of blood. But I lived. Still kicking and back to trying clean up my neighborhood. I hope the kid's are ok." He paused in talking and looked about again.

There was still not another breath in the area, he waited in the silence after being asked his name. "Gin Keiji. Also, is it just me. Or is it spooky quiet right now? Not even another person walking around, usually I see least a few adults, maybe some kids running up this way from the shelter. No one." Last words held fear in them. He didn't stand around to ask the girl for her name, instead. "Wanna come to the shelter with me? It's a few blocks away down the road from here. If you wanna walk and talk?" He didn't want to jump to conclusions, but he walked casually, trying to appear calm and undisturbed. But he kept his eyes open.

The street's looked cold and grey, and lifeless. Not a soul around as the two walked, or if the girl wished to part ways. Keiji would venture alone in this cold road. Following down a few blocks and alleyways one would come upon one of a few homeless shelters built in the Cronopolis to take care of families who had children. I looked like an average building with a rather colorful family friendly sign on the front and a big nice welcome mat at the front door. There was even a playground off to the side of the building, But no kid's playing. The swings moving back and fourth with long creaks in the metal chains.

Keiji knocked on the door, waited, moments of silence went by. He knocked the door again a bit more loudly. Nothing for moments. Turning to minutes. "No one's here." He scratched his head. What was going on. He swore then, he heard something behind the door. "Hmm?" He put his ear up to it, he thought he heard breathing from the other side. He moved back. "Hello? Anyone there?" Nothing but silence as the answer. "I swear someones in there." He mumbled. As he paced around the building, looking at the windows.

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Normally, Momoko wouldn’t give a second thought in not joining Keiji, but he was too shady despite his kind appearance and Momoko was too nosey for her own good. “Sure, why not,” she shrugged, and began following the young toy maker to his destination.

When Keiji mentioned how quiet the streets were, it made Momoko look around herself to take in the atmosphere. It was, in fact, unusually dead. While Cronopolis was considered the “slums” of Kumogakure, it was usually bustling with people. So to see it so empty all of a sudden was a bit odd.

Putting it aside, the two approached an old looking building that Momoko assumed was the shelter. The shutters on the windows were barely hanging on and the outside paint was slowly but surely chipping away. While she wasn’t a fan of being kind, even in her head, she couldn’t deny that this was no place for families to live.

The toy maker gingerly knocked on the olden and door, and the two waited for a response. When one finally came, it was shaky and told them that no one was there. Obviously, that was a lie. Even if no one had answered, Momoko could hear the blood pumping of several people inside, though it was fast paced and out of the ordinary.

As Keiji looked around the building, Momoko could feel her irritation growing. Raising a fist, she loudly banged on the door. “Hey, this nice man is trying to give you stuff! The least you could do is let him in!” she shouted, her voice echoing against the buildings in the empty streets. Again, there was no response, not even a unsteady reply like the first time. “What is with these people?” she grumbled under her breath, moving her hands to her hips.

Turning to Keiji, she walked around the building and stood by where he was trying to peak into a window. It was high up and out of her range but it didn’t stop her from trying see what was beyond it. “Is it normally like this?” she questioned, finding it even more odd that one would continue to donate to such an ungrateful place if it was.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The desperation in his eyes could be seen if one would look as he stood outside the building. Analyzing it for an entry point beyond that of the front or a back door. He had to get inside this instant. His panic only raised slightly when hearing the laugh of the demon in the back of his mind. Keiji knew now how infuriated Satou must always feel.

"There is usually at least ten kids a day, three of them come here with parents. They were very good people, they would give you their own food and clothing if you were cold or hungry. They deserved more than to live in squabbles." He stopped as he paced a bit. "What could have happened?"

He placed the sack of toys on the ground, digging into his sweater pocket he pulled out a small cube. Seeing that even Momoko wasn't getting any luck with someone answering the door and taking a peek like he was, he motioned her from the sill.

He took his next approach rather quickly, casually and with a form of professionalism. Placing the cube of oddly shaped metal, Keiji pressed a silver round button on the top face of the cube. There was some odd noise from the cube, like gears turning, and something sparking. Then the cube seemed to come alive.

It jumped and hoped as the pieces moved and started to stretch outward as most of the cube became round, legs of solid bronze began sprouting around the sphere one by one. Till eight legs of bronze propped the sphere up. A small camera eye popped out front of what looked to be a bronze spider. Keiji smirked as he pulled out a small device and began punching in commands when whispering. "Get to work my little friend. Show me whats going on in there."

With that said the mechanical spider began moving along the sill with poise and maneuverability like a live spider would move. it's metal legs seamlessly sticking to any surface. As it stopped completely over the glass, it's belly would open up to press a glass cutting device to the serface. There was the sound of the glass cutting, Keiji held his hand out under the Spider to catch the calling circle of glass. He tossed it aside with no thought as the spider then crawled inside and began it's journey into the quiet building.

Keiji went back to sitting down while observing the surveillance camera he installed into the spider. He waved Momoko to come over and watch with him. It wasn't the best quality. But he only needed a camera's viewpoint to see that the place was rather quiet and empty like the street. The silence was deafening. He could swear he felt the hairs on the back of his scarred neck tingle. He looked about, but saw no one behind him or in the area. "Hey, Momoko-chan, Are you yourself a shinobi right? Think you could break in?"

He wondered if danger was lurking in hiding here in Cronopolis. He would need a friend who's trained in shinobi arts. He wished Satou was here, but the thought of Satou made Keiji's throat hurt, made the flashes come back. Satou leaning in, his twisted smile revealing those fangs. The feeling of them in Keiji's throat. The young man shivered.

He snapped out of it when he saw something on the screen, something moving, someone moving. It was a person, as he could see arms and legs moving off the floor and moving towards the spider, then the swift second of a boot aimed at the camera. It went dead. Outside the two could hear the loud sound of the Bronze spider being kicked down a hallway like a kickball as the sound of metal smashed against solid wall.

Keiji got up and dusted himself off. "One person is hiding inside. Hiding for some reason." He mumbled the second half. He looked to his companion. "Hey, wanna bust the door down? If you don't I will." He spoke clearly and looked with the intent to get in the building in the next couple seconds.

(sorry for slow post :p been hectic couple days. *flops around*)

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
The last thing Momoko expected to see when going out today was a tiny mechanical spider. Sure enough though, when Keiji called her away from the window, it was exactly that that he pulled from his pocket and got to cut the window’s glass. The hole it made was just big enough for the device to fit through, nothing more. She stared in awe at the perfectly cut circle that was now missing from the pane. “That’s incredible,” she mumbled, more to herself than to give praise to her new companion.

Keiji motioned for her again, this time to sit down next to her. Momoko opted to squat instead. She looked down at the small device in Keiji’s hands. On it, she could see the exact travel of the bot that was sent into the building. Inside, it was unusually dark, enough so to make the genin squint to try to and see better. She was so focused on the screen that when the toy maker spoke to her, she jumped a bit, almost falling back. “Huh? Oh yea, I am,” she responded. “I’m sure I could. My taijutsu isn’t terrible.”

Momoko stood, brushing off her hand that had darted behind her when she was about to fall. Not too soon after, Keiji stood as well, dusting himself off of the dirt that clung to him from sitting. He informed her that there was someone inside hiding before asked if she could break the door down. “Just one, huh?” She smirked, shedding off her kimono styled robe and handing it to Keiji. Momoko rolled her shoulders and shut her eyes, focusing her chakra on the bottom of her feet. She wasn’t very strong physically, but with enough chakra behind the kick, she could easily force the door off it’s hinges. Carefully she raised her foot. It felt extraordinarily heavy in comparison to usual. Enough so that she was almost afraid she would lose her balance. Without another thought, however, she kicked forward.

The door did not fly off like Momoko had pictured in her mind. It did, however, loosening from its position and slowly fall to the ground. Dust and dirt kicked up where the door had landed, causing Momoko to cover her mouth as she coughed. When the cloud of debris had finally lifted, she took a steady step inside.

It was just as dark as the camera perceived it to be, all the lights having been turned off and candles blown out. She looked around but couldn’t see much through the darkness. For a moment, she wished she had Hyuuga blood. A Byakugan would sure have come in handy right now.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Keiji stood back and watched while holding the Kimono. Wondering how skilled Momoko was, his answer came quickly as she kicked the door with just enough force to knock it over. And dust wafted up hitting her in a coughing fit. He couldn't help but let out a snicker as he walked inside the home with her. The dust had raised, and the there was no lights or sign of life. "This place used to be so colorful and bright." He whispered. He couldn't hear or see anything at first. But as he stood in the darkness. So close to Momoko with her back to him. The small draft brought a smell to his nose. He thought he could smell blood. But he shook off the thought. Putting Momoko's kimono back over her "I'll look for some light." He whispered.

He had to make a small gamble. He slowly took off the contacts that hid his demon eyes. They were strong enough to see in the dark. though he didn't want Momoko to see them. He had little choice, he didn't want to waste time to search in the dark for someone who could attack them both. He found a few candles by the front desk near the single hallway across the room, quickly putting the contacts back on. He grabbed the candles, pulled a lighter from his pocket and began bringing light to the room.

More of the kid's pictures and art on the wall were revealed. Some photo's here and there of some families who lived in the shelter. Keiji paused, looking at them all. His heart sank, hoping he wouldn't find the worst outcome.

There came a sound down the hall past the main room to a smaller room on the left side. Sound of boxes shuffling or falling. Keiji's body moved like a bullet, he needed to know. "Hey! Someone there!" He didn't make it down the hall before a man jumped out yelling. "Please! Please don't hurt me! I didn't do anything! I swear!" Keiji stopped halfway down the hall as he stood staring at the man. He knew this man. "Hey, you're one of the guys who owned the shelter. Hey man! It's ok, it's me, it's Keiji." The man stopped cowering in the hallway. "Keiji-San? Keiji-San! Praise Raiden! You're here! Oh Keiji-San, it was terrible. The children!" The man broke into cries.

Keiji slowly approached, keeping an open ear and eye on the other open rooms. All had just, boxes and pilled things. "Hey, it's alright. I'm here to help. Tell me." He knelt down and tried consoling the man, he pulled out a small shinobi figurine, Keiji had fine sculpted it from wood and painted it with common colors of Kumogakure's clothing. It was a symbol of what this man used to be. Upon closer look the man looked washed up. Alcoholism had warn his face. But his skin also looked bruised and scraped, scars of old battle. His smile at the small figure showed crooked and some broken teeth. "Oh Keiji-San, it looks just like me back in the day!" He laughed a bit as he cried. "Oh if only the old me saw what I've become, I would have killed myself." He shook his head and hung it in shame.

"Tell me, what happened to the children and other adults?" Keiji's voice was soft and calming, his dirty blonde hair shone in the candle light along with his soft green coral eyes. The man looked into those eyes with tears as he mumbled through muffled tears.

"Slavers Keiji-San, there are Slavers here in Kumogakure. I was locked here, locked in here while they took the children and other parents. They took my son Keiji-San! My son!" The man balled and Keiji took out a small workers cloth and handed it to the man to wipe his tears away. "They had given me a radio, and locked me here. Saying if I had called out for help or raised alarm, that they'd kill my son and the other children. They made me tell the homeless who come here for shelter, to seek shelter at their warehouse. They mean to kidnap all the homeless in the slums Keiji-San, You have to go stop them. They probably know you're here if someone was watching this place and making sure I wouldn't talk-" As he was saying this Keiji had barely any time to absorb this information.

For when he heard from down the hallway and outside someone saying aloud. " What the hell is this @!#$, what the hell is the door doing on the floor." Heavy booted footsteps. Keiji turned back to shout. "Momoko-San, we can't let him escape. But keep him alive if you can." Keiji grabbed the fearful shelter owner and pushed him into a nearby room, then swiveling back out to follow Momoko back to the main living area.

At the doorway stood a tall ragged dressed man who looked like a common thug, But he appeared to be looking for something or someone. "What the hell is all the lights on for! Gonna kill that old drunkard!" The man was furious as he started for the hallway.

Chigokai Yuka

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Although she couldn’t see exactly what he was doing, Momoko watched as Keiji reached up to his eyes before walking farther into the darkness. Just as she was slipping her robe around her waist and tying it in place, the room lit up. It wasn’t much but it was enough to give the two a bit of sight to go by. The building was just as dirty on the inside as it was on the outside. The whole place was in shambles. Boxes were pilled in every corner, dirt littered the floor and what little furniture there had been was upturned and sliced in several places.

Momoko followed Keiji deeper into the building, taking a turn into a narrow hallway. As they walked, she observed the walls around them. Every so often, she would see a small splatter of red flickering in the dim candlelight. Her attention was quickly drawn away though when Keiji began speaking. Hurrying back to his side, she saw he was crouched in front of an older man. The man smelled of booze, had a shallow cut on his cheek, and was speaking in a stuttering, panicked voice. Keiji was obviously trying to console him so Momoko assumed they knew each other.

Out of nowhere, she suddenly could hear the pulse of anther body. It was coming closer, no doubt to the shelter, but before she could speak up and warn the toy maker, the new person was yelling into the entry room. He screamed about the broken door and lit candles, while Keiji informed Momoko what must be done. Before she could retort, tell him that this is not what she agreed to when saying she’ll go with him, Keiji was already ushering the elder man into another room to keep him safe.

“Fine,” Momoko sighed, cracked her shoulders and making her way back into the main living area. When she reached there, she stood in plain sight, but the man didn’t seem to notice her. He was dressed in rags, like most of the district was, and was currently kicking over some of the boxes, kicking up dirt as he did so. “Hey!” she shouted out to him, finally grabbed his attention. The man was large, but Momoko could tell he was no shinobi. “Just what the hell did you do here, huh?”

Keiji was suddenly back at her side, standing a bit behind her. She motioned for him to get farther back, knowing that the toy maker had no skills in combat. She may not be fond of the man, but that doesn’t mean she wanted an innocent person to get hurt.

Without turning away from the furious thug in front of them, Momoko pulled a kunai from her pouch and began speaking to Keiji. “Do you have any water, by any chance?” she didn’t want to have to use her bloodline gift in front of others, especially not a stranger, but Keiji said he didn’t want the man dead. If she could just get her hands on some water, she may be able to take the thug’s sight for long enough to disable him.

Taking the proper stance and readying to throw the knife, Momoko threw up a single hand sign to focus her chakra. “I don’t know many jutsu, but I know enough to take care of such low level skum,” she smirked wickedly, before throwing the kunai in the thug’s direction, grazing his shoulder. The cut it left behind was deep and spilled crimson life force. Though it only seemed to fuel the other man’s anger.

Yen
ASP
Deaths
Keiji was by her side in seconds, listening to her and planning along with her. She demanded some form of water. Easy enough, He carried a small bottle to drink once in awhile. He handed her a small leather skin filled with water that was about the size of her hand. "Hope that will do. I'll try and help a bit." He had never left his house without bringing a few of his personal favorites. Non-lethal weaponry was some of his specialty. He had made in such cases of mugging, a homemade taser gun.

He had once found an old electric cattle prod in the trash of the slums. It was his job to clean up the place, so he took what he could and fashioned many things from recycled products. He had taken the device that electrically charged the prods to shock someone. And fashioned it to a device that would fire a spray of thin metal threads with darted metal points at the ends to catch clothing and flesh. Though the charge was spread out from many wires it was wide enough that it could land at least a few barbs on the mans body.

Keiji shot the blast of electrified wires at the man and it landed, the man froze in panic not knowing what hit him as he felt the sharp points dig through clothing. Keiji smirked, standing with device in hand, he poked the button a few times just to give pulsing shocks to the mans body that caused him to jitters and halt progress. Of coarse it wasn't enough to kill and the battery would die out with multiple uses.

The thug was tough though, he resisted most of the current, even if stopped for a minute, the brute yanked the wires from himself. Cussing and throwing the wires to the ground as he took a few seconds to steady him. Keiji only hoped Momoko had enough time to act what she had planned. He fumbled through his things for something to stop the thug if she didn't.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back