Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

The Water Cycle [Going Missing]

Zhao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
[OOC: Second Missing-nin attempt after I botched the first one. I didn't want to make it identical to the first and this has been admittedly influenced by reading Discord - I just can't unsee people's reactions to me trying to go Missing. Still, it works for what I was generally aiming for anyways like the first attempt back at Suna, and I hope you enjoy it.]
[OOC 2: This is the same as this thread: https://www.ninpocho.com/threads/the-water-cycle-going-missing.63644/, I'm just formalizing it into the right section. I'm new and I still suck at the bureaucracy, sorry.]

Before leaving, Zhao would have bought an empty small booklet and written in it for a few days. Then, he would have timed (so that it arrives approximately at the same time that he leaves) and sent a small parcel with the booklet in it with a letter on it directed to the Raikage, written in an over-elaborate keigo tone and archaic, fancy cursive writing, which roughly translates to this:

Honorable Raikage,

I am Hai Fen Zhao, you may find me registered as a Genin of Kumokagure. I was captured by Marsh Country years ago, and have recently returned. I greatly appreciate the generosity and exceptions your country has had to allow me to take refuge in your land after the disaster that struck Water Country, but with all due respects: I will no longer obey your commands out of formal obligation.

Instead, I will do so out of fraternity and respect.

I hereby renounce my citizenship, for heart lies in Water, but I mean no ill to Lightning, which is why I wish to inform you of this situation for your convenience. I have nothing but gratitude for your country, but my time as a slave of war and fighting for a country I held no love for has taught me an extremely important lesson - that I have a duty greater than one that can be forced onto me by shackles, or enshrined in passports and paper: My People.

It is not enough to repay for the favors that Lightning Country have done for me, but please accept this gift. It is a diary of my memories during my time captured in Marsh Country. Hopefully this insider information can be useful for your future endeavors.

I am aware that these actions can bring severe consequences, but when weighing them against helping my people and restoring my homeland in full body and soul, the choice is obvious to me.

PS: If you do decide to punish me with death, please spare my wife Robo-chan. She has done nothing wrong. I built her while I was a prisoner and she is a good, kind person. Please take care of her.

cc746c6e71195624e64013412b376dbf.png

And silently, stealthfully, Zhao would attempt to leave the country with his sentience-less automaton companion Robo-chan.

[1 hour running time.]

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Unluckily for Hai Fen Zhao, Kitsune wasn’t at her office at the time the booklet would’ve arrived, she happened to be at the gates, talking to the guards about scheduling, given that there weren’t an ANBU Sennin for the time being. And as coincidence would have it, that’d be right when he tried to escape without going through the proper exit procedures. She slammed the door open and ordered the guards to detain the bespectacled man before he could get far away. She shook her head in disappointment. ”Why do people insist on making it harder for themselves?” she sighed.

”It would appear you tried to leave without proper documentation.” she said, as she headed over to the man. ”I’m well-aware who you are. However, instead of trying to dodge guards and potentially die, you’re aware that you’ve got two other options, right?”

[Stopped.]

Zhao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
He turned around, a chill going down his back. What should he do? Was he going to die? A drop of sweat slid down his temple. He looked at Robo-chan, who looked back at him expressionlessly.

"Oh, Raikage." he then said sheepishly, and looked around, and smiled. "You got my letter and package, yes? Uh, what two options are you referring to?"

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
Welp it was that time of the day, Maru was sleeping on the job again. A simple No passport no entry sign sitting next to him. He had googly eyes glued to his eyelids, after getting his rest the fox finally woken up, streching making his back crack. His eyes was bloodshot red as he looked over to see the Raikage standing there asking someone for documents. This make Maru nearly jump out of his skin. "SHIT! Maru screamed as he fell from his chair, nearly turning back into a fox from being startled. How the hell was he supposed to know that his boss was going to check in on him. Maru wiped the sleep from his eyes, took the googly eyes off, then pointed upward. "Yeah passport please"

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
”I did not, as I’ve got no idea what you’re referring to.” she responded bluntly, ”As for your two options; They’re quite simple. You go through with this folly, and I’ll slay you on the spot. Or I strip you of any Kumo rights and send you on your way as a mercenary, unaffiliated with us in any way, shape, or form.” she explained, hoping he’d grasp for the latter option as she really didn’t want to get blood on the suit she was wearing. It was brand new! ”Of course, those options assume you’re hellbent on getting out of here. You could always turn around and go back to your duties inside Kumogakure, and we’ll forget this matter ever happened.”

She folded her arms across her chest, or under her bust rather, and awaited his response only to see Maru come dashing over ”Well well, if it isn’t Maru-chan. I figured you’d be busy at the academy reading dirty magazines instead of teaching.” she said snarkily, knowing full well what Maru wasted his time on while at work at the academy, but not yet at the point where he’d be getting the boot from the position. Yet.

Zhao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Ah. Well, I'd very much like to take the second option. But before I do, please read my letter and package. I can wait here if you'd like with this gentleman if you prefer until you come back and have checked it. Please, it's important." he answered. Now that he was stuck with the Raikage, he believed that it would be best to be diplomatic. He felt in his heart that he shouldn't renounce to his principles, his beliefs, but he just hoped that his bladder was as adamant. He was afraid, but convinced.

Midori Futotta

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S
'Them damn kids snitching on me huh?' Maru thought. The magazines are for the independent research he was doing, okay maybe not but still he shouldn't be criticized about it! Besides what else would he do besides reading dirty magazines? His Youkai seem to have everything covered as far as the whole teaching thing goes. After wiping the sleep from his eyes, the fat boy was offered three options which were shockingly more friendly than what he wanted to do which was just kill then eat him. Rather than giving him only death, he was offered to become a mercenary or just go back like nothing ever happened. He hoped the fat boy would try to fight since that's a lot of protein just walking around and Maru also wanted that Robot beside him. Unfortunately he took the second option….

Maru gave Robo-chan a goblin grin showing his teeth that were pointed to a canine's edge. Already having an idea so he could have the doll. "My dear Raikage-Chan. I believe we should also take Robo-chan over there too. It's also considered property of Kumogakure since it is using our chakra plus it could be used as a sparring bot for the academy students…. As well as another assistant for myself." Maru began to drool which dripped to the ground as he looked at the artificial waifu before him, wiggling his fingers like spiders as though he was itching to grope the machine.

Shinrya Kitsune

11th Raikage
Staff member
Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
S-Rank
Kitsune whacked Maru’s hands with a folded up paper fan. ”No.” she simply told the perverted psudeo-fox, or faux, if you will. She turned her attention back to Zhao and shook her head ”That’ll have to wait for later. We’re going with option two here, and as such, I hereby strip you of your rights as a citizen and shinobi of Kumogakure. As you’ve already gathered your things, I take it you’re prepared to leave immediately.” she stated icily and gestured towards the gates ”You are free to go, former Genin – now mercenary - Hai Fen Zhao.” she finished ”I’ll give the package a look once I return to my office.” she added as she turned to leave.

[Stripping Zhao of Genin and releasing as Mercenary]
[Topic left unless stopped]

Zhao

Yen
ASP
Deaths
"Oh, thank you very much!" he said, nervously, in disbelief. Was this some kind of trick? He looked around, thinking if there was going to be an ambush now or something.

He blinked a few times and then looked back at the fox. Just in case this was some kind of trap or joke and wanting to further show good faith, he gestured to Robo-chan. "Oh, yes, sure. You want this thing? All yours, all yours." he conceded, and then snapped a finger, causing it to lifelessly drop to the ground, the cheap contraption echoing a hollow wood-and-metal jingle as it fell, evidence of the relatively cheap materials it was made out, those he was allowed to have during his time as a slave.

Then, out of his bag, he pulled out a puppet's head, and put a wig on it. "Aah, Robo-chan. You're not looking too well." he stated now to this new, bodyless head. "I'll take care of you, alright?" he added, stroking its hair.

Years of physical and psychological torture that he had to endure as a slave has caused him to allow to adapt to certain mental compromises. Fantasies that would allow him to continue through the hardship, because this wasn't the first time he was in the position to lose her. It had happened, many, many times during his capture. Until Robo-chan was now... Immortal. More of a concept that a real physical being. She was an ethereal, eternal someone who would never leave his side, someone who would support him, unconditionally, always. Someone who would love him. What he yearned to have during his time as a slave - yet never had. That was Robo-chan.

"Thank you, Raikage." he then stated, and made a short bow. "Robo-chan also says thank you."

[Leaving]

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back