Ninpocho Chronicles

Ninpocho Chronicles is a fantasy-ish setting storyline, set in an alternate universe World of Ninjas, where the Naruto and Boruto series take place. This means that none of the canon characters exists, or existed here.

Each ninja starts from the bottom and start their training as an Academy Student. From there they develop abilities akin to that of demigods as they grow in age and experience.

Along the way they gain new friends (or enemies), take on jobs and complete contracts and missions for their respective villages where their training and skill will be tested to their limits.

The sky is the limit as the blank page you see before you can be filled with countless of adventures with your character in the game.

This is Ninpocho Chronicles.

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Mission the weakest link

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
The academy felt a lot less restrictive in the days after meeting Kise, the transient luminary that sat in the back of the noisy classroom. It sucked! He couldn’t just turn around and stare at him no matter how much he yearned to. Regardless, he found himself dazing in class, whenever he thought about Kise. Just one glimpse. Ba-dum.

The teacher was going over some kind of training exercise. Ichika was trying to pay attention as his restless mind wrestled with the idea of whether he should feign dropping something so he’d have an excuse to peer into ocean blue. “Everyone split into pairs and gather outside by the training area!”

HIs teacher’s command sent a jolt through his body, smacking his elbow against the wooden desk. Nobody noticed but his face flared up, cheeks brimming with a pinkish hue. He wanted to jump out of his chair and run up to Kise. Finally, a chance to spend time with him! The promise. Right, the promise!. He didn’t want to rob Kise of his resolve, the promise he so sincerely, so courageously yelped out. He could wait until Kise was ready.

He scooted out of his chair, looking out among his faceless peers, realizing that he was in a sea of unfamiliarity– drowning. He couldn’t remember any of their names. He’d surely talked to some of them, worked together for lessons, but none of them ever really responded well outside those situations. It’s not like Ichika cared, he didn’t want to compromise himself for anyone. He was searching for anyone at all that seemed like they were alone. The rest of the kids were quick to find a partner, not a single one approaching Ichika. He understood…

He understood for himself, but why was Kise sitting there by himself? He was practically curling up. It pissed him off. He marches to the back of the classroom, shoulder-checking some poor boy that just happened to be in the way- an insignificant obstacle in his path to oasis. Just one drink, thirsty. Eyes fixed on those flickering blue eyes, blanketed in those long snowy lashes, and slams his hand down on the desk. “Why the hell are you by yourself? They’re all idiots!” Ichika bellowed it out with his whole chest, he was boiling

Exhales, his breath like steam. “Whatever! I don’t have a partner either, so it looks like we’re together for this one. I wanted to let you wait until you were ready to choose me….” He was pouting and starting to feel a little embarrassed. He really did want to do this right, but he wasn’t about to let the opportunity go to waste. He holds out his hand, a supportive ember, gesturing to coax the snowdrop feline out of hiding, his smile gleaming with a genuine, splendid warmth.

“I’m really glad it’s you, Kise-chan. Come on, we can talk on our way.”

[WC: 484/484]

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Ask him.
2023-10-10 14_44_35-white hair head on desk anime - Google Search — Mozilla Firefox.png

Ba-dum.

Get up and ask him.
Ba-dum.

Another quiet day in a landscape of white, pierced only by the deepest blue of open sky reflected upon its surface - or perhaps something deeper, breaching from beneath the frozen lake with a wistful glance. It was almost desperate in the needy quality it bellowed without sound, each chorus repeated anon waiting for the dissonance that would free it from enclosure. Kiseki Akane had listened to the droning of this upcoming lesson with rapt attention, only now wandering with eyes sheered off to daydreaming plains on the training fields outside. He could imagine each step he would take, each word he would say, each victory they would claim together in the course of today's plans; he could imagine it so surely, but failed at bringing it back to reality. Hello, hello? He's above the clouds again. Aaaagh!

He couldn't do it. He wasn't - he wasn't ready. He had promised Ichika Kazanari - a promise made in retrospectively embarrassing passion, but a promise nonetheless, and his heart - ever wavering - held to it steadfast. He had bought himself time to fly closer to the sun, time to tune his contraption of form so he wouldn't fall apart before making it that far, but -- it had only been a week! 6 days, 9 hours, 38 minutes, specifically. That wasn't enough time to do more than handle his transformation extracurriculars and some light wooden target practice ... and even then, his handseals were always interrupted by noisy thoughts and bashful memories. He could barely still his hands now, shaking as they were atop his desk.

An uneven exhalation. They were expected to pair off. It was his chance! He didn't have enough shade to hide under, no sweep of exhiliration to propel them towards each other ... it was a simple, quiet moment, an opportunity to take initiative and he ... aaaagh! He couldn't do it. His eyes shifted back from the window to bury in unsteady hands, stifling a groan of shame. His cheeks had already flushed from mere thoughts, ruddied pale pressed away by digits to slate it all red. What a picture he was, passed by and curled into a ball that stewed over his inability to take the charge he so desperately wished to. He didn't care if nobody asked him to pair up - it made perfect sense, with where he was at now, how he measured up against his betters - and it was a shinobi's job to be able to take, well, any commandeering role! Blame lied only with him, fault lines framing his cheekbones.

Another breath into his fingers. Just do it. It was for a class assignment, and if there was anything far more mortifying than embarrassing himself in front of - Ichika, - it was failing to become a ninja just because he couldn't. What about your dream, little cat? These streets and alleys are so very big, the trail of your little pawprints could bring no solace just yet. You have to get bigger. Be bigger. Be the bigger person! Climb up out of the water! You can just do it --!

A.

"K-kazanari-kun," came the startled reply from a boy wrenched from icy depths and not yet past the shock of open air. He shivered, uncoiling with a defensive arch of his spine. A dry swallow, glancing everywhere but at that boisterous creature sidled next to him before he could bring those sparkling eyes to meet deep green. "Ichan. O -

ohayo gozaimasu!"
He practically yipped, bowing his head to send white scattered everywhere across his features. A new snowfall, slowly melted away by the eyes on him. "I didn't mean to - I'm sorry to - uhm, don't be upset, Ichan. Really. I'm still training." He stumbled into excuses in the hope of appeasing Ichika and leashing him off of their peers. "I don't really care about ... er, uhm ... I'm not really bothered by not being noticed. I know myself. Other people don't -- uhm, I don't think they really need to, yet." He was much more eloquent when away from something so overpowering as the weight of Ichika's voice and the heat he radiated just by being near him, but this impression was not getting any better. He shook it off, slowly standing up to meet Ichika's shoulders in height.

"I'd love to go with you today, Ichan. Th-thank you for choosing, me," and just like that, the sun broke through. He smiled with a light brush of eyelashes to clear away his blush. He then launched in to discussing the mission they were given, in a way that was both respectful and yet politely assumed Ichika had not listened to the lesson at all and needed to be told the plan. "So, we're heading over to the training field in these groups, and Proctor is going to send a clone to fight each of us. They won't be very strong, don't worry! It's mostly to test our teamwork and how we handle real-life combat, even if we're not in mortal danger ... but, uhm, we can still fail, so that's almost as bad! Ahahaha. I promise to do my best, so please believe in me. I won't drag you down!"

With that, they could move at Ichika's comfort. "Do you -- do you know how to fight?"

[ WC: 904/904 ]

Last edited:

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Ichika was pink in the cheeks, a fluttering ember trying hard to not overload and burst. He’d wanted to talk to Kise so bad the entire week since their meeting, an astonishing show of restraint for how he’d normally handle things. He was absolutely brimming with excitement as the little cat explained the assignment, correctly assuming Ichika had barely grasped what was happening. It was adorable in every sense of the word.

“Oh! That makes sense! I heard something about the training field and choosing a partner, but not a whole lot else- hehehe. Too busy thinking about something else.” Ichika grins, concealing the true meaning of his words (at least he thinks so), patting Kise’s shoulder, trying to reassure and spur him on. “Let’s head out, Kise-chan~ Oh and don’t worry about silly things like dragging someone down… We’re partners!” A simple declaration, a small gesture to hopefully help the fragile star hold his shine. “I’m happy to fight alongside you!”

Shuffling through the halls with Kise-chan feels like a dream come true. His ears perk up. Kise is asking him if he can fight! It really is a dream come true~ His body explodes into a raging inferno of passion! Flexing his arm to show off as he cackles in a showman-y way like his father. Ha! Ha! Ha! Of course I can~ It’s probably the only thing I can do! He said it with such pride, such idiotic single mindedness. He was showing off, he knew it, face turning scarlet red while his heart thumps so hard he was afraid it would erupt through his chest. “Hehe~ I’m really good at taijutsu specifically but I know a few ninjutsu and my body is definitely my biggest plus. Brain? Not so much. That’s where I'm going to be counting on you most. I know you’re smart and work hard. So yell at me if I’m about to do something dumb, okay?”

They were fast approaching their destination, only a few other groups were gathered at the training field, Proctor tapping his foot waiting for the late comers. Ichika playfully bumps his shoulder into Kise, affectionately giggling as he gazes at his soft, bashful face, fixed on his empyrean blue eyes. “What about you? I kinda just blabbed the entire time. I wanna know more about you, Kise-chan~”

[WC: 389/873]

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Kiseki waddled - well, no, he walked at a similar stride if not lagging slightly behind with the other boy, but he felt like he was waddling - along with Ichika to their destination, almost dazed if not dazzled by the constant radiance the other boy offered. He had, in his most polite heart of hearts, known Ichika hadn't listened along with the lesson - but he did have to mull over what the other boy might have on his mind. Was there something at home? Had he struggled with last night's transformative elemental affinities homework? Was he just that excited to fight? It was the mention of them being partners that made Kise slow another step, at least two of Ichika's, before he caught himself and redoubled to catch his pace. Always trying to keep up, wasn't he? He hadn't felt ready to take this step, but it wasn't so bad in footprints left for him ...

He would have to take this chance today to propel his own growth into the atmospheric layer Ichika made home. Nervous, perhaps; but the idea of letting down Ichika, of proving himself unworthy of the company when challenged in this way, was far more mortifying than anything that could happen in their lesson. Even death. Especially death. Er -- but they weren't going to die! Oh God, he wasn't going to get Ichika killed in their first training exercise together, was he? Another swallow and a deep breath to wash it down. How little air his lungs seemed to hold lately.

He was brought back by boisterous sounds, a twitch of his nose like prey scouting from their burrow until his eyes wandering over Ichika and -- snrk. Pale hands covered a reddening face, the embarrassment of his blush from Ichika's 'show of strength' overtaken by the giggles chimed forth from flustered lips. He had to skip a step forward while laughing, hunched forward and still hiding his expression, passing through the cold of dim hallways and faceless peers into the light of the boy next to him. Shoulders bumped, almost leaning to keep himself upright for the three additional steps it took to stand back straight. "You're really strange, aren't you, Ichan?" The purity of this adoration came without thought. "You're really fun."

He had to sneak another glance at the other's light musculature before he caught himself, rubbing away ruddied cheeks with lingering giggles until his words were softened and floated less. His body his biggest plus? It was definitely a feature, a big one, really, but -- "You would never do anything dumb, Ichan. You're just really ... you're just really true to yourself," and it was so endearing, "so I trust you to make the best calls for you. I'll just have to try and make the best calls for you too, okay?"

"B-but, uhm ...,"
ah, here came the stammer. How do you put this eloquently? "I don't - that is to say, I - w, well, I don't really ... I've never been in a fight before, and we haven't started sparring in class yet. It's all independent or group studies, and I ... Hm." He didn't want to sell himself short, fearing it would make Ichika change his mind on this pairing, let alone their future partnership, but he didnt want to lie, either. "I'm not useless. I know a few th-things. I'm not too bad at Genjutsu! And I have pretty good chakra control, and I've practied some - uhm, independently - on a style I can fight with, but my body --"

Shut up, Kise. "I'm still working on my Taijutsu, and actually channeling chakra is a - a strain. It's not that bad! I can do it! I will do it! I just, well --" He slowed as their talking led them to their appointed area (taking the lead from Ichika, who didn't seem to know), waiting groups thinning out to seperate, smaller clearings around the field. He had turned to smile at the redhead, the pallor of his cheeks overtaken by a similar shade. His eyes were shut, head tilted, with wintry cowl shading his innocent blush. "I just mean to say that ... I'll be counting on you, Ichan."

A rock shot from the ground and hurtled towards the naive cat.

[ WC: 702/1606 ]

Last edited:

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
He’s so cute. Ichika felt his whole body buzzing in anticipation at the next expression, the next word, anything new he could glean from the little kit. He could see every minute movement, every time his pale cheeks flushed red. Adorable. Ichika wanted to keep nosing at him, like a curious puppy discovering a squeak from his toy. “Hehehe you’re so earnest. It’s why I chose you y’know? I could feel it when I met you, Kise-chan- that you’re going to be really strong.” He meant every word of it, inquisitively looking into his eyes, perceiving every little flicker in the timid boy’s demeanor. “I just wanna be there with you, walking side by side, when you get there.” He knew this boy was going to surpass him in no time. Kise was destined to soar through the blue sky. Ichika knew it every time he looked into Kise’s eyes, the sapphire blue bubbling with desire to surmount his body’s fragility. “How about we get together and spar after class some time? I’d love to help you with Taijutsu, Kise-chan~” Ichika’s face was cracking, a pure-hearted smile shimmering, threatening to break his rosy cheeks apart. “I really like you, Kise~ so don’t worry so much.”

Kise took the lead, a few paces ahead as they slowly made their way to their clearing. He was so cute. The way Kise says Ichan always makes his heart flick and flutter. He’s perfect. “You can count on me!” Flexing his arm again, showing off for his partner. He knows it’s greedy, but he just wants to see that smile one more time.

Unfortunately the assignment had begun, Kise didn’t catch it, still glancing behind him, chatting with his partner. A rock was propelling straight towards the unaware feline. Ichika dashes forward, scooping him up and dodges to the side, dropping a smoke bomb to cover their escape into the woods. His body had moved entirely on instinct, hoping that he didn’t hurt him too much. It was better than taking the rock head on but even so…! “Are you okay, Kise?” Still holding him close like a protective guard dog. Ichika was pissed that the teacher would take such a cheap shot at Kise- it comes with being a shinobi, but even so...! Kise has to be able to fend for himself in a world as brutal and unforgiving as this., but even so...! He's starting to burn up, the fluttering ember turning into a scorching inferno. It wasn't anger that was taking hold of young Ichika.

Determination.

“The smoke isn’t going to buy us much time and I can't tell where the enemy is. If you have any ideas, now's the time.” Ichika let go of pale boy, gripping his baseball bat, letting it hit the ground. His demeanor had completely shifted, much more focused on the battle at hand, at winning, not just for him but for his partner. He wasn't going to let sweet, beautiful, Kise down, even if he himself is nothing but smoldering ash in the end. “Let’s win, Kise-chan.”

[WC: 512/ 1385]

HP: 1950 CP: 1170 AP:5 -1 (Smoke Bomb) -1 (Picking up Kise) -.5 (Equip weapon)

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
E - eh!?

Even, if not especially, in this eye of the storm - the brief, quiet moment before the winds started howling - Kise's heart was louder than the chirp of birds in witness. Thrum, thrum, thrumming went his bloodstream, a flush of red across his pale, unsleeved arms. The high cheekbones of his face didn't fare much better, but the wide brim of the smile nothing could seem to steal from his face shone brighter than any shade of red. "I-Ichan," he spoke, softly, almost a plea the way it dripped with unkempt adoration, "I really like --"

Kiseki Akane would prefer to liken himself to some kind of well-read, intuitive battlefield mastermind; a tactician to make up for his many flaws as a shinobi, so that he might at least support his teammates in their grand efforts. And, why, yes, he had supplemented the lack of his physical growth with that of knowledge, he was ... well, he was 12, and he had never been in a fight before. He was lost in the flurry of smoke as the storm rolled in, clinging to the arms of the boy that wrapped around and stole him away with more nervous confusion than attraction. A splint broke off the tree next to them as a something dull hit it, something Kise reflexively realized had been coming at him before Ichika's quick thinking. How lucky he was, breathing in the panic. Gratitude would have to wait. A voice cut through the pounding in his ears and Ichika's fervent focus.

"It is not a Shinobi's job to offer a fair, honorable fight. A Shinobi has only one job on the battlefield. What would you say that is?" It seemed to boom from all directions, ventriloqued, not as a shout but as a firm declaration in a gravely tone. This was their Proctor and this was how their lesson began. Kise uncoiled himself from Ichika as the feral red-head seemed to rev his engine to a blistering start, grip so much steadier around that baseball bat than Kise could manage holding his knees. He had to think. Think. Ichika was ready and his fingers were still shaking. Think. He couldn't let him down. Think.

"To survive, maybe?", came the voice again, and Kise felt the hairs on the back of his neck rise. Something - someone - was watching him, even through the curtain of smoke. He knew it couldn't quite pinpoint his exact location, but there was enough of a silhouette left to betray where each boy was, and that gaze was focused ever so steadily on him. He almost thought a bad word. "To bring home glory or conquest?" He scrambled to his feet, kicking dirt up to feed the obscursion. He clenched his shorts in his hand and glanced around quickly, before slit, furrowed eyes landed on Ichika. "We are not soldiers. We are assassins by trade. A shinobi's only job ..." "Ichan!" A flurry of handseals and then Kise ran into him, bruising his shoulder with the check while knowing Ichika would be none the worse for it.

A new puff of magic joined the ninja tool's dispersing cover as Kiseki called back to their meeting and the heart of it. He hadn't stopped thinking of Ichika since. He had memorized every birthmark, every dimple, every ligature and divet. The fiery image of the back of his head in class, dreaming with a finger twirling white around and around like cotton candy. He remembered Ichika's lesson - so much more dear to him than the one they were learning now - and he became that object of adoration. He was, as he caught his stumble and rolled onto his feet again, biting the inside of his cheek to stifle his wounded noise, the mirror image of Ichika Kazanari. "... is to eliminate their target at all costs."

They swapped places as the peering eyes of the examiner lost track of which shape was where, a dark shadow bursting forth into brimstone as the Ichi-Kise barreled from the lingering smoke and tossed kunai in 3 directions. He was the target, and as he was sure their Proctor would soon explain, it was obvious why.

HP: 1170 - 50 = 1120
CP:
1560 - 90 = 1470
Defensive Technique
ROUND //
1 AP: KISEKI transforms into Ichika!
KISEKI takes 50 DAMAGE.
PROCTOR fails to discern which is which!
PROCTOR is observing in a defensive stance.
PROCTOR will attack whoever he believes to be Kiseki next turn!
1.75 AP: KISEKI launches BLIND THROWN WEAPONRY in a BASIC ATTACK.
KISEKI misses.
2.50 AP: KISEKI launches BLIND THROWN WEAPONRY in a BASIC ATTACK.
KISEKI misses.
3.25 AP: KISEKI launches BLIND THROWN WEAPONRY in a BASIC ATTACK.
KISEKI misses. haha
4.25: KISEKI enters DEFENSIVE TECHNIQUE.
Battle begins. : )

[ WC: 694/2300 ]

Last edited:

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Ah~ there he goes… Ba-dum

Ichika was so proud of the timid boy, using the jutsu he had struggled with on their destined meeting, rushing forth like an avalanche, threatening to uproot the trees. Ichika was furious. He wanted to turn the tables on this situation and understood that Kise was undoubtedly going to be targeted because of his fragile body. It's a kill or be killed world… Ichika would just have to kill anything that threatened his Kise-chan first.

Forms his hands, holding his fingers in his palm, chakra burning through his veins, concentrated, then released. Perfectly picturing the little feline was effortless for Ichika -he already saw his beautiful simulacrum every time he closed his eyes. Ichika had taken on the appearance of Kise, to divert Proctor’s attention.

“Ichika! D-don’t run off on your own. I-I can’t keep up!” dangling a piece of bait for the attacker and letting Kise know to be ready to strike if the bait is taken. Ichika regrets not bringing any traps, but he’s confident his body will be able to take any hit that comes his way. Adjusting his posture to mimic Kise, curling up a bit, knees shaking as he slinks into the ground.

The smoke begins to dissipate, revealing a fake Kise in the same position that the assailant had seen before, bat hidden out of view, ready to strike, concealing his fury and fire in mirrored ice, ready to burst.

Hurry up and attack so I can put you in the ground.

[WC: 253/1683]

HP: 1950
CP: 1170 -90 = 1080 CP
AP:5-2=3 AP(Transformation Jutsu) (Defensive Technique)

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Is that what he sounded like to Ichika?

The voice from behind him - and a quick, worried glance back confirming - was clearly Ichika's imitation of his own, his transformation reflecting his understanding of Kise's ploy. It was Kiseki's plan versus their Proctor's, both painting himself - in this case, Kise!Ichi - as the primary target. His heart dropped for that quiet moment as the trap settled, a flush to his ears beneath the thin illusion of the jutsu. Did he ... did he really sound that pathetic? Curled away in the dirt while Ichika bravely faced the world? If this worked on the examiner, wouldn't that validate how the world saw him - or rather, perhaps, how he really was? All of his efforts to date, the months of his ninja training, the fear and exhiliration and burning need to prove himself ... did they amount to helplessness still in the eyes of everyone around him?

A voice rung out as the smoke cleared, Ichi!Kise surveying the rustling trees and paying focus his attention to the areas his Kunai didn't land. They caused no response when he threw them, and drew no blood, helpfully narrowing down where the Proctor's clone could be assessing them from. He dry swallowed. "A Shinobi must fight dirty. This is not an honorable job. You are not honorable figures. You win at all costs: or you die, your comrades die, and your village dies. There is no trick in the book you can't use to take out your target. I would hazard to say you must use every trick you can employ."

There was a rapid sound of wind shifting before multiple stones plucked themselves from the ground and threw themselves at Kise!Ichi, confirming their ruse - for better or for worse - and the rush of chakra in the air pricking Kise's trained ears and further narrowing down the direction. He spun left, dodging forward west in front of his doppel's crumpled frame to take the attack with grit and pained determination. He gasped despite his drive, rocks digging into the broad of his small arms and trickling blood from fresh wounds to the unsettled ground. You have to do this! You've solved the fight! Protect Kiseki - protect Ichika - and catch the Proctor when he comes out to finish the job! Ichika knows to take it from there. He could bear the brunt of the smoke and mirrors assault to offer Ichika that opening and his full faith.

"You will rarely be able to take on a strong opponent on even ground." Shurikenjutsu! They were flung exactly from the direction he had pinpointed, though he was still unable to see the target in the trees; it would make sense if he was constantly and slightly adjusting his position, but barreling in would serve only to make themselves more vulnerable than the open ground. With a drawn Kunai and an additional thrown Kiseki was, with labored movements and burning lungs already, deflect away the attack with only a slight shift to the side. They had to force the Proctor to come out, which meant he only had to serve as the line of defense, which meant that their sensei would have to --

"Especially in the common cases where your target is flanked by a weaker, buzzing entourage. You can't focus on your primary opponent - in honor, it makes sense to take on the strongest of the fighters and offer the weakest their way out, or a 'fair' fight after the leader is removed ... but in victory, neither side can offer that level of respect. The weak won't wait for the strong to cull them, and the strong can't ignore the chance they might get stung. A sword through the back kills any one of us. You MUST take initiative."

Heavy words filled the air as Kiseki realized his mistake and spun the opposite direction, time slowing before he could make the full rotation, his eyes wide and stricken. "I - Kise --!" "Fumigate the workers before killing the queen."

Cut the weakest link and the chain comes apart.

Proctor comes in from the east, changing position on the fly to come crashing down on the real Ichika from behind the fake's back with a leg outstretched to kick out his side. Chakra fills Kiseki's lungs with an abrupt, roaring breath, but he's not able to react in time to the surprise mix-up attack.

HP: 1120 - 270 = 850
CP:
1470 - 63 = 1407
Defensive Technique, Preparing Attack
ROUND //
PROCTOR believes ICHIKA to be his target.
1 AP: PROCTOR uses STONE BULLET.
KISEKI dodges in front of the attack!
KISEKI takes 270 damage!
1.75 AP: PROCTOR uses THROWN WEAPONRY in a BASIC ATTACK.
KISEKI uses THROWN WEAPONRY to DEFLECT.
2.25 AP: KISEKI equips LITTLE BIRD [Voice].
2.5 AP: PROCTOR uses UNCALLED FOR SHOT (on Kise!Ichika's side)
2.75 AP: KISEKI charges EXPLOSIVE SEAL.
KISEKI will start next round with a FREE BASIC ATTACK.

Low activity, but now everyone's in the open for the real fight. :>

[ WC: 732/3032 ]

Last edited:

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Ichika grabs his bat, barreling towards the Proctor, taking the kick to his side, unflinching, rage erupting through his skin as he watches Kise take a hit for him. He felt sick having to resort to this stupid ruse to draw out the enemy, belittling his partner just to get a leg up. A gnawing feeling of hatred for what it means to be a shinobi. It clashes so heavily with how he remembered his father and the man Ichika wanted to become. Why did something as pathetic as this work? “Don’t look down on Kise-chan!” a berserk, guttural growl aimed at the Proctor just as much as himself.

Swinging in response, unforgiving steel finding purchase against the Proctor’s skull. He just needed to buy some time for Kise to prepare the next attack, keeping Proctor off balance. Cutting loose, smashing his bat against the Proctor again before he could properly adjust.
“We’re nothing like insects” His emotions getting the better of him, attacks blitzing past the proctor like wildfire as he recovers and dodges- one, two, three. “So keep that crap to yourself!” Feinting his fifth swing, and stepping forward, eyes brimming with an inferno of pure hatred for the pragmatic lesson, winding up to shatter his bat across the man’s face.

[WC: 213/1851]

HP: 1950 - 170 = 1780
CP: 1080 - 390 = 690 CP
AP:5
Ichika Used Pound x 6 = 4.5 AP
Ichika drops Defensive Technique
HIT - 190
HIT - 190
MISS
MISS
MISS
HIT - 190
Rough Divide procs -57 CP to Proctor

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
"『 B A C K O F F ! 』"
The sound of Kise's yell was sudden, the snap of pressurized air compressing and imploding outward in the instant it took for his voice to choke out the intense volume - magnified exponentially past his bounds with the addition of his chakra. Complex patterns of lines glowed briefly beneath the skin of his throat and jaw, the lingering trail of scorched veins, fading, as he burnt his vocal cords for the added impact. His words themselves carried all the weight of a powerful assault, bursting invisibly to implode against the Proctor in time with Ichika's final fevered swing. He hit the primed flex of his shoulder while Ichika cracked down on the front of his face, sending the clone reeling back with little emotional response. He didn't look pained, despite the blood dripping down his face and the steam off Kiseki's impact -- blood. Kiseki choked, stumbling as the Transformation jutsu dispersed from his small frame now that the ruse was up. They had been sighted. This was no longer an assassination - it was a brawl.

Kiseki balled a hand into his shirt, breathing frost into the air from the weight of his exhalations, and he was all too aware of the pinprick feeling along his skin. Blood. It wasn't his first time seeing it - his arm still bleeding in small rivulets from the earth ninjutsu - but it was his first time contributing to its cause, and the knot in his stomach made every labored gasp that much harder. He couldn't flinch away. He couldn't be done already. Everyone - everyone - saw him as the scared boy crying out from the dirt, and he couldn't be that anymore. Not here, not in front of his teacher -- Ichika. He had a dream. He had a dream that the workers didn't toil about for the queen and die in the line of her defense -- he dreamed of a society where they lived blissfully in tandem with no fear of extermination. It's not dog eat dog! It's a 'cat's life free of worry!'

The proctor's clone wiped a stream of blood from his eye as it spread down his forehead, staring the two down with what could almost be a smile at the edges of hardened, set lips. "Very good. You drew the enemy's attention to what both assessed to be the weakest, and faked them out, thus gaining the upper hand. Ichika Kazanari -", and he pointed at Ichika, the fog of illusion drifting from his frame as the transformation faded to awareness, "You have strength but lack tact or stability. You made a good diversion, but you prioritized an all out assault instead of capitalizing on your bait and switch, and are now in a position of continuing your attack or protecting your charge. You're too concerned with what happens to your peer."

"Kiseki Akane-,"
turning his attention, wiping away the destroyed cloth from the shoulder of his shirt. "You have the ideas of tact and firepower, and the will to follow through your plan, but you are - plainly - weak. You aren't strong in any of these areas. You have impact but expend too much of yourself for a single 'good' blow. You rely on your peer to hold down the brunt of attack but already find yourself crumpling from the small hits you've taken as a diversion." The Proctor shifted back, hands moving together in something resembling a hand-to-hand stance though the hands work over each other in quick seals. "That is okay. That's why both of you are here. You're too worried about defending each other, while one of you struggles to defend themselves, and not focused enough on your singular goal: your target. You got me out here with a good plan. Can you take me out without your feelings getting in the way?"

The lesson continues. Earth shifts beneath Kiseki, slowing his movements with little hope of escape, while rocks fly at Ichika. Kiseki responds automatically, his feet tumbling over the worked ground, and breathes in deep for a round of recourse. He was weak. He was weak. He was weak -- but his weakness would not cost Ichika this lesson. He didn't have to worry about him! "『 S T A Y A W A Y ! 』"

The Proctor storms forward, bringing a fist to Kiseki while his leg shifts out to the side to hit Ichika away from the other boy. "Are you Shinobi, or are you friends?"

His first two attacks were panicked responses, but he had one more trick up his sleeves as the attack blew out from his throat. It hurt. Itai. His throat, and every breath, was already ragged and torn, but the Proctor took the impact from the hit and kept charging forward - Kiseki didn't have a choice. "『 Y O U R E S E E I N G T H I N G S ! 』"

The words struck the Proctor before the fist landed, spittle and an acrid taste dripping off Kiseki's lips while the illusion took hold, shifting the Proctor's attention to a landscape where Kiseki wasn't there; and giving the boy his opportunity to drop to the ground and roll out of the way, the precious seconds buying him time and hiding him from the Proctor's sight. It was a strong play, the only real one he had in repetoire, but the way he laid gasping on the ground afterward (with the Proctor not yet able to track him down again) belayed how poorly he was handling the real time combat. He choked out a wheeze, clutching himself, and struggling to lift off the ground and reposition before the Proctor caught on again.

HD-wallpaper-anime-jujutsu-kaisen-blue-eyes-boy-satoru-gojo-school-uniform-white-hair.jpg
2023-10-17 21_40_57-Kento Nanami Jujutsu Kaisen HD 4K Wallpaper #8.2568 — Mozilla Firefox.png

HP: 850
CP:
1407 - 55 = 1352
Preparing Attack, 25 CP maintaining 1 Gen, -1 Dodge
HP: 1365 - 570 - 113 - 50 - 40 = 592
Visual Gen -40 HP/Turn
ROUND //
0 AP:
KISEKI attacks PROCTOR with a CHARGED BASIC ATTACK.
Hits! PROCTOR takes 113 DAMAGE.
KISEKI drops DEFENSIVE TECHNIQUE.

.75 AP: KISEKI attacks PROCTOR with a BASIC ATTACK.
Hits! PROCTOR takes 50 DAMAGE.

1 AP: PROCTOR uses GRAVEL SHIFT on KISEKI.
Hits! KISEKI takes -1 DODGE.

2 AP: PROCTOR uses STONE BULLET on ICHIKA.
KISEKI uses FALSE SURROUNDINGS on PROCTOR.
Hits! PROCTOR takes 40 DAMAGE! Loses track of KISEKI!

3 AP: PROCTOR uses THE ONE-TWO on KISEKI & ICHIKA.
Misses Kiseki!
KISEKI tries to go into STEALTH.
Fails! PROCTOR will be aware of KISEKI at the start of the round!​

[ WC: 968/4000 ]

Last edited:

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
It’s frustrating. Nothing his teacher was saying was necessarily wrong, but his body screamed in agony to respond, scream, attack, ANYTHING- just prove him wrong, but acting in anger wouldn’t get him anywhere. We can just win because we’re strong. Exhales, puffing hot steam, slinging his baseball bat behind his back. He knew he had to calm down. Frankly he didn’t have enough power to just let his rage and instinct win this. He’s not alone and he’s not with his dad anymore. He had full faith in Kise to follow up. A sharp rock bolted from the dirt, hurling towards Ichika only to make contact with a pebble, shrouded by white smoke. He runs forward from behind, trying to catch his teacher off guard to just get kicked like a rabid dog instead.

Even if that's true!

“You’re right. Kise doesn’t need me to look out for him. He works harder than anyone and he’s way stronger than me, but I'm sure it's going to be a real pain in the ass when I keep getting in your way. If you keep ignoring me you’ll die” Ichika slaps his hands together, weaving to the proper sign and stomping his foot down. The earth beneath the teacher begins to shake and tremble, catching him off balance for the next attack. Wasting no time, Ichika shifts into his next jutsu, burning chakra coursing through his body while he channels with a flurry of seals. “INFERNAL EMBER.” He creates a small, flickering flame in the palm of his hand and hops up lobs it through the air, fracturing into a drizzle of blistering sparks.

The Proctor was able to react and dodge the first of the three, stumbling on unsteady ground as the other two directly hit, scorching his body and leaving him with residual burns. “And to answer your question, we’ll win as shinobi and friends. I refuse this world that would make me choose.” Ichika digs his feet into the ground, launching off his back foot, a quiet flame to extinguish this pesky bug once and for all, cracking his bat against his teacher's ribs.

“You’re up, Kise-chan~”

WC: 358/2209

HP: 1780 - 200 = 1580 HP
CP: 690 - 332 = 358 CP
AP: 5 - 4.75
.5AP: unequip Orphan

1AP: HIT Gravel Shift on PROCTOR for -1 dodge 90CP

1AP: HITx2 Infernal ember on PROCTOR: 190 damage inflicting Burn (The 'Burn' effect causes the target to take +5% damage for ten seconds. 'Burn' stacks up to three times.)

1AP: Body switch on PROCTOR'S Stone Bullet -1 Kawairimi Target (2 Remain)

.5AP: Equip Orphan

.75AP: CRITICAL HIT Basic Weapon Attack on PROCTOR: 100 damage -10 CP for Proctor

PROCTOR CRITICAL HITS ICHIKA with The One-Two: 200 Damage

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Ichika was fighting so hard. For Kise, for himself, for their partnership, for this lesson - for his dream, that view of his world so breathtakingly close to Kiseki's own, and on those small smoldering shoulders Kise could almost see the weight of both: his promises to Kiseki, and his promises to himself. It was a startling view from down here, looking up at the sun, cheek pressed hazily into dirt and struggling to lift in the wake of heat. Fire coursed through his veins, but he didn't yell out. Ichika didn't yell out as he was kicked around, continuing the fight while the two left him blissfully incapacitated. Pathetic again, sure, but he wasn't crying. He wanted to. Everything hurt, most of all his torn throat from the exertion of his personal style, but he didn't cry. He needed to prove Ichika right. He needed to prove he was strong, too. That he could be anywhere within the same stratosphere as the light that was guiding him forward.

Shaky arms brought himself to his knees, panting out drool mixed with the earth that he wipes from his chin. His pristine, pale skin is smudged, bruised and bleeding across his fragile little visage, but no tremor rocks him over. It raises him up.

"We're a team!" He yells, hoarse enough to crack his voice but as loud as he could manage on his best days. "Defending your village doesn't matter --," he stumbled in a croak, whipping out a kunai to toss at the Proctor while he spoke and Ichika fought. He wasn't going to let up. He wasn't going to let down. "Defending your village doesn't matter if there's no one left to defend! Maybe surviving isn't the point. Maybe there's no honor. Even so ... even so!"

He had developed his particular way of channeling chakra through his mouth because it allowed for quick, explosive blasts his body was unable to hold up to when channeling normally - the direction of air and voice giving focus to energy that otherwise ruptured through that small frame. He had exhausted the brunt of that with 3 big hits, which seemed to be his limit for now, so he had no choice but to rely on his faithless form. Even if he burnt up - even if he cracked and shattered and lost his wings under the strain - he would still keep flying to that distant light. Burning arms forced burning handseals, expelling chakra in uncharacteristically chaotic spurts from every inch. "I'm going to fight to win and preserve! There has to be something to go back to! Une!", he managed, releasing another Genjutsu to throw Proctor off his assault on Ichika - which was keeping him squarely focused on the fiery redhead, despite his attempts to break off and return to Kiseki. The dog had gone a little rabid.

He smiled.

The sound played in the Proctor's head from his application of Deception seemed to work, stalling the next motion and unfocusing eyes that glanced around hurriedly to pinpoint Kiseki's position again. He could feel the attention focusing in on him once more. He tossed a kunai into the flurry of fists the Proctor aimed at Ichika, breaking up the flow of his Jutsu and sending another with his next forced handseal. "Doux!" A shuriken hastily thrown off to the side and around Ichika blitzed toward Kiseki, and while unlikely it was to hit, he had little time to react ... it clipped his shoulder, forcing a grit hiss of pain from between his teeth while he dashed off to the side in an attempt to lose the Proctor again with help from his ongoing illusions.

HD-wallpaper-anime-jujutsu-kaisen-blue-eyes-boy-satoru-gojo-school-uniform-white-hair.jpg
2023-10-17 21_40_57-Kento Nanami Jujutsu Kaisen HD 4K Wallpaper #8.2568 — Mozilla Firefox.png

HP: 850 - 100 = 750
CP:
1352 - 25 - 55 - 60 = 1212
Preparing Attack, 25 CP maintaining 1 Gen, -1 Dodge
HP: 592 - 100 - 190 - 55 - 73.5 - 40 = 133.5
Visual Gen -40 HP/Turn, Burnt 1
ROUND //

PROCTOR takes 40 DAMAGE from FALSE SURROUNDINGS.

.75 AP:
KISEKI attacks PROCTOR with a BASIC ATTACK.
Miss!
PROCTOR attacks ICHIKA with a BASIC ATTACK.

1.5 AP: PROCTOR attacks ICHIKA with a BASIC ATTACK.

1.75 AP: KISEKI uses genjutsu DECEPTION on PROCTOR.
Hits! PROCTOR takes 73.5 DAMAGE. -1 Awareness to next check.

2.25 AP: KISEKI attacks PROCTOR with a BASIC ATTACK.
Hits! PROCTOR takes 55 DAMAGE.

3 AP: PROCTOR attacks KISEKI with a BASIC ATTACK.
Hits! KISEKI takes 50 DAMAGE.

3.25 AP: KISEKI uses genjutsu LETHARGY on PROCTOR.
Miss!

3.75 AP:
PROCTOR uses THE ONE-TWO on ICHIKA.

4.25 AP: KISEKI tries to go into STEALTH.
Succeeds! Proctor has no awareness of Kiseki!

4.75 AP: PROCTOR uses a HIDDEN ACTION.

[ WC: 609/4609 ]

Last edited:

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
Just a little more. Push for a little longer. Ichika struggles to defend against his teacher’s assault, exhausted from using so much chakra and pushing his body full throttle. A solid kick to the ribs, punching through his guard, a spike of adrenaline allowing little Ichika to dodge the follow up with a flip. He doesn’t stop there… The Proctor continues his barrage, catching Ichika on his landing. “ACK” He drives his fist into Ichika’s gut, knocking the wind out of him, the boy trying his best to stay standing on shaky legs. Move, move, move! His body doesn’t listen, his sensei catching him completely undefended again, clocking him square in the jaw.

Ichika flashes white for a moment, time standing completely still as his legs give out. Is this it? Did I lose? A beautiful shade of blue pierces through the blinding white. Right! He wasn't alone. He can’t quit now. It’s too early for these shooting stars to fall, burn out and disappear… Then… He screams.

“EVEN SO!” Ichika dodges the Proctor’s second punch, grazing his cheek by the skin of his teeth, kicking off the ground for momentum as he swings his bat into the proctor, a white puff of smoke replacing the Proctor’s clone with a new one. Ichika scans his surroundings, spotting the heavily wounded clone ambushing his partner. He tosses his bat into the air, stamping down on the harsh earth. “LIKE HELL YOU ARE!!” He channels his depleted chakra pool, searing through his flesh as he furiously weaves his signs, hurling a serrated rock at the escaped clone, taking a kick to his side in the process that knocks him back a bit.

He blitzes forward, his weapon bouncing off the ground as it lands, catching it and instantly winding back to smash the blunt instrument into the new Proctor's shoulder, followed by a second strike that clocks him in the chin. Ichika falters for just a moment in his flurry, allowing his victim the time to dodge away. Exhausted, fire flickering. He knew he was nearly out of chakra. They had to end it fast. Kise… Help.

Just a little more…

WC: 359/2568

HP:1580 - 400 = 1180
CP: 358 - 175 = 183
AP: 5 - 5 = 0

.75 AP Pound HIT PROCTOR 1 - Body Switch
0 AP Drop Orphan
1 AP Stone Bullet HIT PROCTOR 1 - KISE Gains Awareness
1 AP Pick up Orphan
.75 AP Basic Weapon Attack HIT PROCTOR 2
.75 AP Basic Weapon Attack HIT PROCTOR 2
.75 AP Basic Weapon Attack MISS PROCTOR 2

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
"Good!", came the emblazoned reply from the boys' Proctor, a resounding note as harsh and firm as the earth they had worked in the clearing. He had declared it thus as Ichika's bat swung wide through the transient space of his substitution Jutsu, narrowly missing the incoming secondary clone he had set up to force the two on their back legs. They hadn't yet disappointed today's lesson - he had to see if they could bring it all the way around now, or if they'd buckle from the pressure at the edge of their beliefs. The previous clone, battered and inches from its demise per script, came crashing from the treetops in a blind shot at Kiseki's crumpled form. The boy had managed to hide himself from the first clone, yes, but the second one in waiting had spotted the scurrying feline unburdened by illusion work. All he needed to do now was finish off that lingering spirit --!

A pistoned rock shot through a break it made in the air, whizzing just by Kiseki and his oncoming peril: and that was enough. Kiseki, eyes shining and mouth agape in something crossed between a desperate wheeze and a shout, rolled to the side without even needing to look back at the man coming down from above him. Fist impacted stone, and Kiseki responded automatically. Thank you, Ichan! I ●︎□︎❖︎♏︎ ⍓︎□︎◆︎, Ichan! "『 B R E A K A P A R T ! 』" Blood came with the shout, a single shot of pain through the inflamed circuits lining his throat and ending with steamed bile flung from his lips at the same intensity his attack came. It hurt. It didn't hurt. It didn't matter. He was high on this euphoria of partnership, focused more on Ichika struggling to keep up his swings from his peripherals. He didn't even check to see if the blast had successfully fulfilled its spoken job, already turning on his feet and pushing off the dirt - bruised and bleeding but not shaking - to run towards the two locked in combat.

The pure burst of rage, exhaustion and inattention had popped it like a balloon, Kiseki's channeled Full Toss leaving only scattered gravel, snapped branches and a wisp of smoke in its wake. Ichika's hits caught on the remaining Proctor and were returned in kind with quick jabs, but Kiseki was already barreling into the clone's side to tackle him off the other boy and scream with wracked, charred words before biting into his shoulder. "『 G E T C R U S H E D ! 』"

It worked, staggering the assailant off Ichika and forcing him to whack at Kiseki twice before he could drive the heaving boy off of his side - but not before Kiseki's attack left its mark, the clone's scorched arm rendered weak and sprained. The clone had to think quickly, dipping into its earth pool again to Stone Bullet in a wild arc at the two boys. This was rendered inert by a final surge from Kiseki, taking the hit with a substitution that had him behind the clone and clinging around his shoulders to keep that off-balance momentum. "Ichan!"

HP: 750 - 150 = 600
CP:
1212 - 70 - 70 - 132 = 940
Doing His Best
CLONE 1 HP: DEAD
CLONE 2 HP:
600 - 48 - 48 - 220 - 50 = 234
Sprained Arm -1 Accuracy

ROUND //

KISEKI DODGES the SURPRISE ATTACK.
Thanks, Ichan!

.75 AP: KISEKI attacks PROCTOR with FULL TOSS.
Hits! Proctor Clone 1 dies!

1.5 AP: PROCTOR attacks ICHIKA with a BASIC ATTACK.
KISEKI attacks PROCTOR with FULL TOSS.
Hits! PROCTOR takes 220 DAMAGE.
Suppression fails.

2.25 AP: KISEKI attacks PROCTOR with a CALLED SHOT.
Hits! PROCTOR takes 50 DAMAGE.
PROCTOR'S ARM is SPRAINED.
PROCTOR attacks KISEKI with a BASIC ATTACK.
Hits! KISEKI takes 50 DAMAGE.

3 AP: PROCTOR attacks KISEKI with a BASIC ATTACK.
Crits! KISEKI takes 100 DAMAGE.

4 AP: PROCTOR attacks with STONE BULLET.
Kiseki uses Body Switch!

5 AP:
PROCTOR is GRAPPLED??
Ichika will always hit!

[ WC: 533/5142 ]

Last edited:

Kazanari Ichika

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
His body lashes out, like wildfire, scrambling to keep up with the Proctor, relentless in his assault, a fist slamming into his chest, knocking him to the ground. Ichika rolls out of the way, evading the consecutive strike. Move. Move! MOVE! He was too close, Ichika was going to take another hit, his legs just won’t move, dazed and exhausted from their skirmish. He grits his teeth and drops his weapon, closing his eyes for a punch that would never connect.

His little hero. Kise was throwing himself at the Proctor, clawing, thrashing, even biting, like a ferocious snow leopard. Ichika was so happy to see him here. It means he won. He won! Ahh~ He’s so beautiful. “Ichan!” Right! Our enemy was still alive and Kise had their target restrained.. The fight wasn’t over yet! Ichika wrings every last bit of chakra he can, shifting his hands into a flurry of erratic seals, the fluttering flames of conflagration seeping through his skin as he kicks into the dirt, dislodging a jagged rock. “DIE ALREADY” A gravelly squall, a decree, the stone jolting through the air to meet its target, piercing through the second clone’s head, the Proctor finally vanishing from the clearing.

Ichika wanted to crumble. He was almost completely out of chakra and his body was exhausted trying to keep up with the expertly trained shinobi. This was only a fraction of his strength. We’d die as we are now. Kise! He runs to his partner, cupping the feline’s face in his hands to stare into those beautiful blue eyes he loved so much. “Are you okay, Kise-chan? I’m so proud of you. I knew you could do it! Should I carry you?” An erratic sequence of spilling his thoughts, trying to keep his body and mind functioning together. “You really saved me, Kise..” Slumping over into the injured boy’s chest to rest just a bit and embrace his warmth.

WC: 322/2890

HP: 1180 - 50 = 1130
CP: 183 - 110 = 73
AP: 5 - 1

PROCTOR HITS ICHIKA with a Basic Unarmed Attack - 50 damage

PROCTOR MISSES ICHIKA with a Basic Unarmed Attack

ICHIKA HITS PROCTOR with Stone Bullet - 300 Damage "Thanks Kise~"

Last edited:

Akane Kiseki

Yen
ASP
Deaths
OOC Rank
C
A smile from the clone at the second of impalement, validating the boys' victory in time with their crumpled frames. In the few heavy moments before they could collect themselves and check on each other, that gravely voice stated itself through the rustling of trees and turnt earth. They could, all at once, hear the clamor of the other students' fights, as if they had been walled off from the world from the moment they stepped in here and only freed by their effort. They weren't the last ones to finish, at least. Did this mean everyone had to fight as hard as they did, though? Were all Shinobi really meant to be this tough?

"Good job. Honestly, you two met my expectations. It's true that to be a Shinobi is to fight without honor, and for the elimination of your mark at all costs - however, that does not mean willful sacrifice of those around you. A Shinobi's job is victory. The most important ideal to a Shinobi, however, should be unity. You fight for your village, you die for your village, but you do not let your village die. It is as young Akane stated: you are fighting for a world to go back to, and therefore the peace and preservation of those that cannot fight. You are not samiratans or soldiers. You are not glorious. You are trained assassins and your work is bloody, and ugly, and toiling. Every fight is a fight to the death. This was nothing compared to the opposition you'll face in the real world. Your enemies will fight dirty. You must fight dirty back. This lesson was important for that reason. You find the weakest targets among yours and you cut them off first, before their weak can take your strong and their strong your weak. Both sides are fighting for total extermination of the antagonistic force. They are also, however, fighting for the total preservation of their village. You cannot forget that. To disregard the bonds of your unity - the people you fight for, and the people you fight with - is to be less than Shinobi. It is to be Ronin, and Ronin die alone. A Shinobi only dies with their village."

"That said, there is a line of emotion on the battlefield, and despite your results, the amount of concern you placed on your squadmates' well-being in the heat of your own battles nearly cost you. You can't afford to slip up by showing such weakness or distraction. If you die, your comrades in arm will die anyway. A battle is fought together, or it is lost alone. You proved an immovable wall against your opposition's offense and offered little chance for it to reach your more support-oriented teammate without - mostly - self-detriment, but the trust in your partner was the most important thing you showed, Kazanari, and is ultimately what solved this lesson for you. You're a better fighter, and a good peer, but that stoutness will be your biggest strength. Hold on to that faith in yourself, and hold on to that faith in your squadmates. You have to know you will always win. You have to always be trying to win."

"Remember this. If you are ever in a position that you are fighting not to lose, you guarantee everything you are fighting for to be lost."

"Surprisingly, Akane, you showed the most unrestraint in fighting dirty. It was obvious your concern for your friend is what drove you, and while your actions were incredibly dumb and would have cost you your life in any real scenario, this was not a real scenario. It was a training exercise, and they proved a willingness to do whatever it takes to win with little regard for your own survival, but an assuredness that your actions would lead to victory. However, while you will likely die in line of duty, you should never be looking for opportunity to sacrifice yourself. Take these risks. Pull out all stops at all moments. But last resorts are meant to be just that - last resorts. Fight to win before you die to win. I want you to learn this lesson now."

"You both passed. Get back to the Academy when you can pick yourself up."

The voice was gone. It was over. The dust settled, they snapped back to reality, and Kiseki was awash with a sense of relief and his pounding heart - still, despite everything, pumping blood through threadbare limbs.

Ichika's arms were around Kiseki faster than he could finish absorbing the words left behind and the lesson he was meant to take from them, leaving him so shy under the hands and that ran across him and flustered beneath the resting face. Heat. He shivered, nearly collapsed beneath the weight of all exhaustion setting into his well-worn bones. He started to shake with unintelligible little squeaks that were somehow between a giggle and a cry. He trembled against Ichika, sheepish in the way he avoided touching the other boy too much with nervous, bruised fingers. He breathed across the other's concerned yet excitable face, bashful at his requests and concerns and only able to manage out a tired, well-fought murmur. He thought he wouldn't be able to burn up anymore. Ichika always surprised him with how blinding that contact could be.

"I-It's okay, Ichan. I, I'm okay. "
We're going to be okay.

[ MISSION END ]
[ TOTAL WC: 906/6048 ]

Last edited:

Current Ninpocho Chronicles Time:

Back